Rippling

Rippling

4.9

A Single, Modern System for Your Payroll, Benefits, HR & IT.

Work for Rippling?

Learning about Rippling?

Rippling Reviews

Ask Rippling a Question
Showing 136 Rippling reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rippling

What Core HR solution do you use?

Kyle M.

"Very organized and straight-forward!"

What do you like best?

I am a DJ and I work for a company that handles all my bookings. I get different pay for different types of events. With our old payroll system, it was often difficult to stay on top of my paychecks and ensure accuracy. But with Rippling, our payroll clerk is able to show us a simple breakdown of all my events, each pay amount, and the total. It's made my financial life MUCH easier!

What do you dislike?

I wish Rippling also showed a breakdown of the amount deducted from each paycheck due to state and federal income taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can spell your own name correctly, you can use Rippling! It's that user-friendly. It's helped me stay on top of my finances and freed up time for me to focus on other tasks. Absolutely give it a try!

Rippling has helped me to be more organized and on top of my fiscal life! It's even done some good for my mild OCD because it's so streamlined ;)

Kristina B.

"Best all in one Payroll System"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Rippling is the ease of use in the system. It's modern and simple. I don't have to search under 100s of drop downs and pages to find what I need and they do a lot of the hard work internally!

What do you dislike?

We've been using Rippling for 3 months now so I have not found anything I dislike. We had a small issue in the very beginning with the processing dates but our rep was great to work with and got it fixed right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rippling is the best payroll processing company we have found and for the best price. My boss refused to make a switch for years and once I finally got him to trust another company, he was so glad he did. They made our transition over as easy as possible.

We have many issues with our prior payroll company so we had a couple issues we were looking to solve. One of them was that our old company had several mistakes they made when we would process our payroll. Rippling has you input all your numbers yourself and you are able to double check them before submission, or recall payroll until the deadline. Salaries are also auto generated each payroll based on what you input in the system.

Lauren C.

"Great concept and execution, excited for what comes next!"

What do you like best?

Having an all-in one platform to manage employees and many admin sides of the business is huge. We are small and have seen huge benefit even given our size compared to what we were managing before. This should easily allow me to keep overhead down. Employees really like it too! Most helpful is having a seamless platform that houses all employee info, handles paperwork of on boarding digitally, PTO, etc; payroll is also great and full-service. We aren't using the full IT solution with single sign-on for everything, but even the Gsuite integration is a huge help. Planning to add on as we grow.

What do you dislike?

Some features are still being built out so sometimes I run into something that I wish was there or better. Good news is that support is very responsive and acts on feedback, and they are always improving so it is fun to see what they will do next to help us! Only real gap is that the remote updates management doesn't work on our company-owned PCs (hopefully that's something they can develop in future but not sure if it is a limitation on windows side).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worthy of consideration - price is good and capabilities aren't matched in my opinion.

Much less time spent on employee on-boarding (paperwork, I9, state reqs, Gsuite account setup, etc). Better quality of information management and employee experience (personally information, PTO tracking).

Sean M.

"Director of Operations"

What do you like best?

Great Ux/UI makes the onboarding and payroll process a breeze. Its everything you need for people management in one platform. Really is just the best platform out there for early-stage start-ups or even small businesses for that matter.

What do you dislike?

Wish the customer service was a little easier to get ahold of, other than that there is not much to dislike. I will say it be great to manage the entire hiring process on the platform and see which candidates were still interviewing, which ones we need to book travel for in-person interviews, and which ones we have gone ahead and sent offer letters out to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're an early stage start-up or small business, do yourself a favor and use Rippling, it'll make your life so much easier and organized. As you grow, it'll grow with you.

It's free for your first 5 employees which is excellent for an early stage start-up such as us. Were able to run payroll, and quickly onboard contractors and new full-time employees so quickly and not have to pay a lawyer to create all the necessary docs

Christine O.

"The easiest way for a small company to handle HR & Payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling makes it so simple to handle employee relations and on/off-boarding. Particularly as a young company, we want to spend time building our business, not drafting documents. Rippling's templates allow us to quickly spin up what we need and keep everything in one place. As a designer, I also love how simple the user interface is. I got made an admin and was very quickly able to accomplish the tasks I needed to, from creating employee documents to checking whether each employee had signed our company handbook. And it's not expensive either. I would recommend it to any startup that is getting ready to expand their team.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to upload our own Word / Google docs and add the custom fields that exist in Rippling's pre-populated documents. There might be a way to do it, but so far I've only seen how to upload a PDF or final document and get the employee to sign at the bottom.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save yourself time by outsourcing everything to Rippling. It really is the simplest way to handle HR and Payroll.

In a small business time is gold. With Rippling we save time and we love that all of our documents are in the one place. The other thing that we don't have to consult (expensive) attorneys to draft standard legal paperwork. The fact that our employees have a central portal to log into and can self-manage their PTO requests is also amazing. Finally, the UX and UI is intuitive and makes it simple to get the job done.

Venus Emma M.

"A well-oiled machine "

What do you like best?

There are 3 things I like best about Rippling.

1) It integrates well with so many apps that we use so almost all our HR systems are in sync. Which brings

2) Almost everything is automated. As soon as a new employee is added on the system, onboarding is a breeze and I barely need to lift a finger.

3) Customer support is amazing -- very responsive and helpful. The rep assigned to us always make sure we get the information we need by endorsing us to the right person for app-specific concerns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major -- I had a little difficulty understanding the proper usage of the 3 types of Reports.

We used to spend so much time onboarding a new employee. Now we can do so effortlessly just by adding the new hire on Rippling. They get enrolled to benefits, payroll is set up for us by the system, the system takes care of completing the forms for compliance, and they are given access to all the other system that we use.

Sarah W.

"Rippling has changed how we feel about HR and payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling is the best system we have added to our mix this year. It’s user friendly interface — allows for easy employee on-boarding, salary changes, self help employee information changes in W2, address, bank info, etc. Running payroll is a breeze. We have minimized HR hours by 20 hours a month because of the streamlining that Rippling has offered. My staff appreciates the easy, friendly interface to access their information and even the email they receive when they get paid — those clever graphics get a chuckle from everyone. We use Rippling for payroll, health admin, FSA and HSA admin, rPass for single-sign-on password security, on-boarding/off-boarding and 401k through Human Interest. Support is great too - whenever we have a question, we get an immediate response. There still is a lot we can do through Rippling, we are just getting started!

What do you dislike?

The documents section lacks the ability to categorize docs more thoroughly. We are a 100% distributed workforce , in varying states, and have many docs to send and get send receipts . This is most likely on the road map somewhere. The other area I was looking for improvement is the employee dashboard but we just received notification that this is the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it.

No one likes payroll admin, benefits admin, etc. Rippling makes this easy and even pleasurable. I appreciate the extensive back-end work that gives us a worry-free experience..

Michael H.

"Take the red pill"

What do you like best?

Please just listen. I know why you’re here. I know what you’ve been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night you sit at your computer. I was once looking for the same thing. It’s the question that drives us. It’s the question that brought you here. You know the question just as I did: "What is HR doing with my information?" The answer is out there. It’s Rippling. And it will find you, if you want it to. Suddenly all the esoteric information on the logistics of taxes and getting paid are at my fingertips. My wife just had our taxes done and had a "It seems you've been living two lives, Mr. Anderson" talk with me. Instead of tracking down my office people to fix the problem I just logged into Rippling and changed the number of deductions I'm claiming, Boom, Done.

What do you dislike?

For my needs I have no problems with Rippling. I don't know what my HR people think.

It just helps to have quick access to my money information. Now that I think about it, sometimes my employer has sent me a link that brought me to a form on Rippling (not financial, it was about ethics or something) that I was able to pull up, review and sign off on quickly.

Keira F.

"Automation of human resources management"

What do you like best?

Something that has called me positively the attention is the function of the organization chart and the easy portal, since they are elements that allow that the information of the payroll and the payments can be visualized in a simple way.

Another thing that is quite positive are important email notifications. In case of any change or relevant modification, an email arrives and also before an event occurs, such as a day of payment.

What do you dislike?

Some occasional bug or that some updates take time to appear, has only happened temporarily and in a few occasions.

I would also add as a negative aspect that the mobile app is too limited, since you can consult information (almost all can be consulted via mobile, although there is some limitation) but you can not make any type of modification and you have to go to the web version to make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good platform for managing payments, clients, salaries, helps to modify reports and create organizational charts.

It provides extra help and automation of certain activities in the area of human resources, so I think it is good software for companies that require these services.

Being able to see all the pay stubs in one place and add documentation in a moment is something that saves a human resources manager like me a lot of time.

It has also made it easier for me to hire new employees, since with its organization chart and the facility to add data required for new incorporations, everything is easier and the election of candidates becomes a much easier process.

Finally add, that in general this program has saved us a lot of time and also shows us updated information on documents, payments and employees helping us efficiently in business management.

Linda G.

"Great human resources software for small and medium enterprises"

What do you like best?

It is an all in one, that is the most remarkable thing about this software for human resources.

You can manage the payroll, consult the benefits of employees, manage employee access, modify configuration options and even have a password manager that facilitates access.

In general, it is a very complete software with many utilities in only one program.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I do not like, it is that the design is very limited. There are very few options that allow changes to the interface, colors are basic and simple. They should improve the design in future versions to make it more attractive and customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Human resources software is very important, since you are saving time and improving the satisfaction of your employees. Having everything organized and structured is something basic. As human resources manager, I can give better attention and develop my work better, so I recommend it.

Although, this software is good for small and medium companies, for larger companies it is somewhat more limited.

Rippling has helped my company and me mainly, because thanks to having so many tools for the human resources sector, it has allowed me to manage employee data much more efficiently and be able to solve problems much more quickly.

Joel T.

"Easy and Amazing"

What do you like best?

For starters, the look and feel of the platform are great. It is very easy to use and navigate. The best part is the pay stub. The detailed breakdown and information provided are top notch.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into anything that I would dislike. The use of the Rippling has been tremendous thus far. I have to say, the app additions are great and seem to work with a ton of applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only recommendation is to quickly set up with Rippling as soon as possible. It will make your life so much easier

I find the benefits are the countless application integrations that make our daily routine so much easier. The navigation is so seamless and intuitive. I found no learning curve whatsoever as we recently switched to Rippling.

Greg K.

"Finally, Pain-Free Payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling takes the hassle and guesswork out of running payroll. Their streamlined automated service is easy to manage from the web dashboard. On the rare occasions when I have needed support, they have been extremely responsive and helpful. Other payroll processors have really screwed me in the past with stupid mistakes, bad customer service, missed deadlines, etc. Rippling fixed all that for us.

What do you dislike?

I have tried three different payroll providers in the past and Rippling is by far my favorite. I have not had any problems using Rippling.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a really seamless, low-cost, automated option for small businesses like ours.

Rippling saves me a lot of time because (a) payroll, benefits and deductions are handled automatically; (b) all tax filings and reporting is done for me, correctly and on time; (c) employees have their own dashboard to access payroll documents, so they don't need to ask me to do it.

Amber G.

"Massive improvements to our onboarding and payroll workflow"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the "hire an employee" button and the ease of preparing and sending agreements. The agreements use variables so I don't have to create agreements over and over when I hire new people. I enter a few bits of info (email address, name, the rate of pay, classification) and click to send the documents I need to be signed. Everything is signed electronically so we're moving a lot faster through the process.

I am looking forward to adding the SSO feature for creating my user accounts as well.

What do you dislike?

The transition from Paychex to Rippling was handled pretty well, but there were times that I felt a little lost in terms of knowing what to expect and what to tell my team to expect. Some of the users thought the invitation to join Rippling was spam so it caused a little bit of confusion. That said, the Rippling team took my call and helped me work through my concerns, including explaining ways they were improving the product in the coming months.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only complaint I had, in the beginning, was that I felt unsure about what to expect during the transition from Paychex to Rippling. After a couple of calls, I felt a lot more informed and they also explained ways they were addressing some of my concerns for future users. After the transition, I haven't needed support for anything at all. It's straightforward and fast to use.

I used to spend a lot of time with getting agreements signed, collecting W9 forms and direct deposit information. Additionally, Paychex was hard to navigate and seemed "old-school" so prepping and processing payroll was an aggravating chore.

Rippling has made everything related to payroll and onboarding a breeze. Electronic signatures, storage of my contracts and W9s, etc. all in one place make the process so easy that at first, I felt like I forgot to do something.

The biggest benefit so far has just been the time I have saved and the streamlined workflow. This has been a big factor positioning me so I can confidently delegate some of the tasks related to new hires. I plan to add the Single Sign-On feature soon – that will even further automate my process. Love it!

Marcus B.

"Makes everything easy"

What do you like best?

I am all about being paperless but still having all the information I need. Rippling easily provides that for me along with sending me my bi-weekly pay stubs. In addition, it stores all of my W-2 info that I can easily access.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I really dislike. The website serves my immediate needs since I am a lite user

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It eases the loads of paperwork and manages your finances well!

It keeps me organized with my finances from this employer. I am horrible at storing my paper paystubs in a drawer at my desk. With Rippliling, I simply access all my past paystubs within the click of a button.

Amy K.

"Loving the efficiency of this system"

What do you like best?

All the info and systems I need as a small business owner are in one place. Not 8 docs that some people have access to and others don't. Also - I love that getting someone up and running at our company is so simple.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that comes to mind that I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the first system that I've seen that had all the right things in the system for personnel management. There are a lot of systems that manage a portion, but not everything in one swoop. I love having everything in one place.

Payroll processing, password protection - those two things alone would cost me a significant amount more than the cost through Rippling. That's just off the hop! Not to mention the organization and peace of mind I have knowing where everything is related to onboarding/offboarding.

Emma P.

"Rippling is a great tool for our small business, really helps handle HR functionalities"

What do you like best?

I like being able to control so much more of our HR systematically. The templates and setup make things really easy to get going and manage employee paperwork, hiring, firing, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is no chat support, so every question I have has to go to someone's personal email. There is not a lot of quick "question and answer" available or additional resources for support. There was great support during the initial setup, but after I started getting things rolling, I had a lot of little questions that I couldn't find documentation on and had to email the person that originally set us up in the system to get an answer and they didn't always know the answer anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup was pretty straightforward, they help you with all of it.

As a small business, we don't have a ton of time or resources to manage HR paperwork. Having all of that in with payroll has been really helpful. It's definitely easier to setup templates for any of the paperwork and hiring documents I need, but also to have access to templates for all of the paperwork as well. There are a lot of resources in the system that I would otherwise have to either makeup from scratch or try to find an appropriate template for, and you don't always have the legal verbiage or support you need to make sure things are compliant.

Sean P.

"Awesomely Simple. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy and simple HR and payroll is! Even without the automatic integrations, just having a payroll system for a small business that starts FREE can be a huge jumpstart for that side of managing the business.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the integrations are working for me yet, but, that's not really why I signed up for this. I do have some of them working, and those are awesome, but others like Slack for example doesn't seem to remove a user when we terminate them, so we go into slack and remove that one manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They consider Vendors and Contractors as employees, too. So, when you consider how many seats you have or need, keep in mind you will need to include any contractors or vendors that are single proprietors or single-filed LLCs, and not corporations. So, if you have 2 employees, and then you pay 3 guys in your area for services monthly who are single business owner types, then in rippling your payroll will have 5 people. This is important if you are using their free plan, which limits to 5 seats. Once you go over 5 seats you pay for all seats, not just how many you go over by. So, for us, contractors push us over into the premium plans, but they're not expensive anyway.

Payroll was something we avoided as long as possible as a small business because of the costs associated. With Rippling to start free until you have more employees is a godsend, I wish we had that years ago. Now there's really no reason not to have payroll done right for a small office staff.

Troy G.

"A slam dunk choice."

What do you like best?

When we needed to set up payroll and benefits quickly the other providers – including the new "modern" ones – were slow and laborious to work with. They clearly didn't want to work with a small startup that was just getting off the ground. Rippling was amazing both in the innovations that their technology brings to the table and in the flexibility and availability of their support team. Parker, the Founder & CEO, even hopped in himself to help out when it looked like we might get stuck on something. We're huge fans.

What do you dislike?

The overall platform is still less broad in capabilities than competing platforms when it comes to the core HR components of payroll, benefits, and related. That said, Rippling's IT/tech aspects (including SSO, hardware ordering/management, comprehensive onboarding, etc.) is flat-out non-existent in those providers and Rippling is catching up on the payroll/benefits options quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We were lucky to start with Rippling; I imagine it may be more difficult to switch if you also have to transition your benefits & payroll from existing vendors. I'm certain the Rippling staff would be happy to discuss what the timing and mechanics of that kind of transition look like – so reach out to them!

We've completely baked new employee onboarding into Rippling. A new employee receives & signs their offer letter from Rippling, fills out paperwork (like I-9s) in Rippling, hiring managers order the employee's laptop via Rippling, employees enroll in health/dental/vision/commuter/etc. benefits via Rippling. And then RIppling manages securing the employee's device and access to our many SaaS tools. Its a complete solution for all of our HR and employee identity management needs.

Nicole G.

"Good product that's constantly being updated"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Rippling is the combination of all the different operations/HR related tools in one interface. Being able to run payroll, manage insurance, designate hardware and software access from a single application has been really simple.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely improvements that can be made to the account/password saving tool, RPass. At this point, we can't give up using LastPass because of the some of the free form account information we need to save.

Just having the ability to run a payroll when I need to without getting dinged has been a cost and time saver. Our previous payroll provided required us to interface directly with them every time we needed to have an off-cycle payroll run and then they charged us the same cost as a regularly scheduled payroll, even if we needed to pay a single employee. The payroll interface with Rippling takes a little bit of searching around when you're creating an off-cycle run, but it winds up being pretty straightforward.

Jacob H.

"Seamless experience"

What do you like best?

Rippling is convenient and the user experience is really great. You can browse the company directory to get to know your team remotely! The payroll system in user-friendly. You can update your payment information anytime you want.

It is also easy to integrate 3rd-party applications to Rippling compared to similar software. Software like Hubstaff and Slack can be easily integrated to Rippling and it helps minimizing the hassle.

What do you dislike?

The web app takes minutes to load on both mobile and desktop devices. Payment options are limited to wire transfers (which costs a lot more than PayPal or credit card).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to focus on growing, Rippling is the right choice.

Rippling helped us solve our problem with traditional payment systems and Rippling introduced us to automated payroll systems. I realized that there's a lot more benefits for small business with remote employees. It actually help startups focus on growing and letting Rippling do the work on the employee management stuff.

"Great Product on on the Cutting Edge of HR"

What do you like best?

They make HR easy. Simple Payroll, health insurance, 401K, recruiting, and on-boarding out of the box and all-in-one. Rippling lets the HR department give the options and then the employees make their selections. Those selections are then automatically configured everywhere. Absolutely zero redundant data entry! Absolutely great software. I have tried Quickbooks Payroll, Paylocity, and ADP over the years and Rippling has them beat in feature set and ease of use hands down. Payroll literally takes just a few minutes a pay period now.

With ADP, I always had to make sure the insurance payments were correct and got paid. I was always coordinating between our 401K provider and payroll. It was a pain. No tto mention the double data entry of sending everyone the employee information. Rippling integrates everything into one system that talks with/to everyone. Their third party providers are seriously the best.

Paylocity, If I could sum up Paylocity in 1 word it would be "headache". To process a single payroll took infinite clicks, three screens, and 4 different reports. The on-boarding was a mess and very limited in what you can do. In order for their system to calculate the health insurance charges and for my employees to pick their plan, they asked me to manually input the entire plan rate matrix per age. They charged integration fees for any 3rd party system I wanted to integrate with. I will say they had great customer support. But it came at a cost. I was charge over $2000 just to get things rolling. With Rippling, everything was already done and integrated. It was insanely simple to setup.

I cannot say enough about how great Rippling is and how I am excited to what they are going to become. There is no better software out there than Rippling for ALL THINGS HR.

What do you dislike?

Being on the cutting edge, there have been a few snags in the software along the way. However, their support team always fixes them quickly and get's everything corrected. Great team.

The only thing that could be better is that they require 4 days from processing a payroll to when they actually pay the employees. This is due to wire transfers and money risks. At ADP it was next day. At Paylocity it was 48 hours. I understand the risks but it would be nice if it was just 48 hours.

The question is better served asking what HR problem is Rippling not answering... ZERO! I cannot think of a single HR request that we have that Rippling does not solve. All of my employees are happy. Management is happy. Can't think of any better solution.

Learning about Rippling?

* We monitor all Rippling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.