Rippling

Rippling

4.9

Payroll • Benefits • HR • IT — Rippling is the first end-to-end Employee Management Platform

Work for Rippling?

Learning about Rippling?

Rippling Reviews

Ask Rippling a Question
Showing 107 Rippling reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rippling

What Core HR solution do you use?

Rippling review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Very organized and straight-forward!"

What do you like best?

I am a DJ and I work for a company that handles all my bookings. I get different pay for different types of events. With our old payroll system, it was often difficult to stay on top of my paychecks and ensure accuracy. But with Rippling, our payroll clerk is able to show us a simple breakdown of all my events, each pay amount, and the total. It's made my financial life MUCH easier!

What do you dislike?

I wish Rippling also showed a breakdown of the amount deducted from each paycheck due to state and federal income taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can spell your own name correctly, you can use Rippling! It's that user-friendly. It's helped me stay on top of my finances and freed up time for me to focus on other tasks. Absolutely give it a try!

Rippling has helped me to be more organized and on top of my fiscal life! It's even done some good for my mild OCD because it's so streamlined ;)

Rippling review by Kristina B.
Kristina B.

"Best all in one Payroll System"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Rippling is the ease of use in the system. It's modern and simple. I don't have to search under 100s of drop downs and pages to find what I need and they do a lot of the hard work internally!

What do you dislike?

We've been using Rippling for 3 months now so I have not found anything I dislike. We had a small issue in the very beginning with the processing dates but our rep was great to work with and got it fixed right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rippling is the best payroll processing company we have found and for the best price. My boss refused to make a switch for years and once I finally got him to trust another company, he was so glad he did. They made our transition over as easy as possible.

We have many issues with our prior payroll company so we had a couple issues we were looking to solve. One of them was that our old company had several mistakes they made when we would process our payroll. Rippling has you input all your numbers yourself and you are able to double check them before submission, or recall payroll until the deadline. Salaries are also auto generated each payroll based on what you input in the system.

Rippling review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Great concept and execution, excited for what comes next!"

What do you like best?

Having an all-in one platform to manage employees and many admin sides of the business is huge. We are small and have seen huge benefit even given our size compared to what we were managing before. This should easily allow me to keep overhead down. Employees really like it too! Most helpful is having a seamless platform that houses all employee info, handles paperwork of on boarding digitally, PTO, etc; payroll is also great and full-service. We aren't using the full IT solution with single sign-on for everything, but even the Gsuite integration is a huge help. Planning to add on as we grow.

What do you dislike?

Some features are still being built out so sometimes I run into something that I wish was there or better. Good news is that support is very responsive and acts on feedback, and they are always improving so it is fun to see what they will do next to help us! Only real gap is that the remote updates management doesn't work on our company-owned PCs (hopefully that's something they can develop in future but not sure if it is a limitation on windows side).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worthy of consideration - price is good and capabilities aren't matched in my opinion.

Much less time spent on employee on-boarding (paperwork, I9, state reqs, Gsuite account setup, etc). Better quality of information management and employee experience (personally information, PTO tracking).

Rippling review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Director of Operations"

What do you like best?

Great Ux/UI makes the onboarding and payroll process a breeze. Its everything you need for people management in one platform. Really is just the best platform out there for early-stage start-ups or even small businesses for that matter.

What do you dislike?

Wish the customer service was a little easier to get ahold of, other than that there is not much to dislike. I will say it be great to manage the entire hiring process on the platform and see which candidates were still interviewing, which ones we need to book travel for in-person interviews, and which ones we have gone ahead and sent offer letters out to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an early stage start-up or small business, do yourself a favor and use Rippling, it'll make your life so much easier and organized. As you grow, it'll grow with you.

It's free for your first 5 employees which is excellent for an early stage start-up such as us. Were able to run payroll, and quickly onboard contractors and new full-time employees so quickly and not have to pay a lawyer to create all the necessary docs

Rippling review by Christine O.
Christine O.

"The easiest way for a small company to handle HR & Payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling makes it so simple to handle employee relations and on/off-boarding. Particularly as a young company, we want to spend time building our business, not drafting documents. Rippling's templates allow us to quickly spin up what we need and keep everything in one place. As a designer, I also love how simple the user interface is. I got made an admin and was very quickly able to accomplish the tasks I needed to, from creating employee documents to checking whether each employee had signed our company handbook. And it's not expensive either. I would recommend it to any startup that is getting ready to expand their team.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to upload our own Word / Google docs and add the custom fields that exist in Rippling's pre-populated documents. There might be a way to do it, but so far I've only seen how to upload a PDF or final document and get the employee to sign at the bottom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save yourself time by outsourcing everything to Rippling. It really is the simplest way to handle HR and Payroll.

In a small business time is gold. With Rippling we save time and we love that all of our documents are in the one place. The other thing that we don't have to consult (expensive) attorneys to draft standard legal paperwork. The fact that our employees have a central portal to log into and can self-manage their PTO requests is also amazing. Finally, the UX and UI is intuitive and makes it simple to get the job done.

Rippling review by Venus Emma M.
Venus Emma M.

"A well-oiled machine "

What do you like best?

There are 3 things I like best about Rippling.

1) It integrates well with so many apps that we use so almost all our HR systems are in sync. Which brings

2) Almost everything is automated. As soon as a new employee is added on the system, onboarding is a breeze and I barely need to lift a finger.

3) Customer support is amazing -- very responsive and helpful. The rep assigned to us always make sure we get the information we need by endorsing us to the right person for app-specific concerns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major -- I had a little difficulty understanding the proper usage of the 3 types of Reports.

We used to spend so much time onboarding a new employee. Now we can do so effortlessly just by adding the new hire on Rippling. They get enrolled to benefits, payroll is set up for us by the system, the system takes care of completing the forms for compliance, and they are given access to all the other system that we use.

Rippling review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Rippling has changed how we feel about HR and payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling is the best system we have added to our mix this year. It’s user friendly interface — allows for easy employee on-boarding, salary changes, self help employee information changes in W2, address, bank info, etc. Running payroll is a breeze. We have minimized HR hours by 20 hours a month because of the streamlining that Rippling has offered. My staff appreciates the easy, friendly interface to access their information and even the email they receive when they get paid — those clever graphics get a chuckle from everyone. We use Rippling for payroll, health admin, FSA and HSA admin, rPass for single-sign-on password security, on-boarding/off-boarding and 401k through Human Interest. Support is great too - whenever we have a question, we get an immediate response. There still is a lot we can do through Rippling, we are just getting started!

What do you dislike?

The documents section lacks the ability to categorize docs more thoroughly. We are a 100% distributed workforce , in varying states, and have many docs to send and get send receipts . This is most likely on the road map somewhere. The other area I was looking for improvement is the employee dashboard but we just received notification that this is the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

No one likes payroll admin, benefits admin, etc. Rippling makes this easy and even pleasurable. I appreciate the extensive back-end work that gives us a worry-free experience..

Rippling review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Take the red pill"

What do you like best?

Please just listen. I know why you’re here. I know what you’ve been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night you sit at your computer. I was once looking for the same thing. It’s the question that drives us. It’s the question that brought you here. You know the question just as I did: "What is HR doing with my information?" The answer is out there. It’s Rippling. And it will find you, if you want it to. Suddenly all the esoteric information on the logistics of taxes and getting paid are at my fingertips. My wife just had our taxes done and had a "It seems you've been living two lives, Mr. Anderson" talk with me. Instead of tracking down my office people to fix the problem I just logged into Rippling and changed the number of deductions I'm claiming, Boom, Done.

What do you dislike?

For my needs I have no problems with Rippling. I don't know what my HR people think.

It just helps to have quick access to my money information. Now that I think about it, sometimes my employer has sent me a link that brought me to a form on Rippling (not financial, it was about ethics or something) that I was able to pull up, review and sign off on quickly.

Rippling review by Keira F.
Keira F.

"Automation of human resources management"

What do you like best?

Something that has called me positively the attention is the function of the organization chart and the easy portal, since they are elements that allow that the information of the payroll and the payments can be visualized in a simple way.

Another thing that is quite positive are important email notifications. In case of any change or relevant modification, an email arrives and also before an event occurs, such as a day of payment.

What do you dislike?

Some occasional bug or that some updates take time to appear, has only happened temporarily and in a few occasions.

I would also add as a negative aspect that the mobile app is too limited, since you can consult information (almost all can be consulted via mobile, although there is some limitation) but you can not make any type of modification and you have to go to the web version to make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good platform for managing payments, clients, salaries, helps to modify reports and create organizational charts.

It provides extra help and automation of certain activities in the area of human resources, so I think it is good software for companies that require these services.

Being able to see all the pay stubs in one place and add documentation in a moment is something that saves a human resources manager like me a lot of time.

It has also made it easier for me to hire new employees, since with its organization chart and the facility to add data required for new incorporations, everything is easier and the election of candidates becomes a much easier process.

Finally add, that in general this program has saved us a lot of time and also shows us updated information on documents, payments and employees helping us efficiently in business management.

Rippling review by Linda G.
Linda G.

"Great human resources software for small and medium enterprises"

What do you like best?

It is an all in one, that is the most remarkable thing about this software for human resources.

You can manage the payroll, consult the benefits of employees, manage employee access, modify configuration options and even have a password manager that facilitates access.

In general, it is a very complete software with many utilities in only one program.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I do not like, it is that the design is very limited. There are very few options that allow changes to the interface, colors are basic and simple. They should improve the design in future versions to make it more attractive and customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Human resources software is very important, since you are saving time and improving the satisfaction of your employees. Having everything organized and structured is something basic. As human resources manager, I can give better attention and develop my work better, so I recommend it.

Although, this software is good for small and medium companies, for larger companies it is somewhat more limited.

Rippling has helped my company and me mainly, because thanks to having so many tools for the human resources sector, it has allowed me to manage employee data much more efficiently and be able to solve problems much more quickly.

Rippling review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Finally, Pain-Free Payroll"

What do you like best?

Rippling takes the hassle and guesswork out of running payroll. Their streamlined automated service is easy to manage from the web dashboard. On the rare occasions when I have needed support, they have been extremely responsive and helpful. Other payroll processors have really screwed me in the past with stupid mistakes, bad customer service, missed deadlines, etc. Rippling fixed all that for us.

What do you dislike?

I have tried three different payroll providers in the past and Rippling is by far my favorite. I have not had any problems using Rippling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really seamless, low-cost, automated option for small businesses like ours.

Rippling saves me a lot of time because (a) payroll, benefits and deductions are handled automatically; (b) all tax filings and reporting is done for me, correctly and on time; (c) employees have their own dashboard to access payroll documents, so they don't need to ask me to do it.

Rippling review by Amber G.
Amber G.

"Massive improvements to our onboarding and payroll workflow"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the "hire an employee" button and the ease of preparing and sending agreements. The agreements use variables so I don't have to create agreements over and over when I hire new people. I enter a few bits of info (email address, name, the rate of pay, classification) and click to send the documents I need to be signed. Everything is signed electronically so we're moving a lot faster through the process.

I am looking forward to adding the SSO feature for creating my user accounts as well.

What do you dislike?

The transition from Paychex to Rippling was handled pretty well, but there were times that I felt a little lost in terms of knowing what to expect and what to tell my team to expect. Some of the users thought the invitation to join Rippling was spam so it caused a little bit of confusion. That said, the Rippling team took my call and helped me work through my concerns, including explaining ways they were improving the product in the coming months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only complaint I had, in the beginning, was that I felt unsure about what to expect during the transition from Paychex to Rippling. After a couple of calls, I felt a lot more informed and they also explained ways they were addressing some of my concerns for future users. After the transition, I haven't needed support for anything at all. It's straightforward and fast to use.

I used to spend a lot of time with getting agreements signed, collecting W9 forms and direct deposit information. Additionally, Paychex was hard to navigate and seemed "old-school" so prepping and processing payroll was an aggravating chore.

Rippling has made everything related to payroll and onboarding a breeze. Electronic signatures, storage of my contracts and W9s, etc. all in one place make the process so easy that at first, I felt like I forgot to do something.

The biggest benefit so far has just been the time I have saved and the streamlined workflow. This has been a big factor positioning me so I can confidently delegate some of the tasks related to new hires. I plan to add the Single Sign-On feature soon – that will even further automate my process. Love it!

Rippling review by Amy K.
Amy K.

"Loving the efficiency of this system"

What do you like best?

All the info and systems I need as a small business owner are in one place. Not 8 docs that some people have access to and others don't. Also - I love that getting someone up and running at our company is so simple.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that comes to mind that I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the first system that I've seen that had all the right things in the system for personnel management. There are a lot of systems that manage a portion, but not everything in one swoop. I love having everything in one place.

Payroll processing, password protection - those two things alone would cost me a significant amount more than the cost through Rippling. That's just off the hop! Not to mention the organization and peace of mind I have knowing where everything is related to onboarding/offboarding.

Rippling review by Emma P.
Emma P.

"Rippling is a great tool for our small business, really helps handle HR functionalities"

What do you like best?

I like being able to control so much more of our HR systematically. The templates and setup make things really easy to get going and manage employee paperwork, hiring, firing, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is no chat support, so every question I have has to go to someone's personal email. There is not a lot of quick "question and answer" available or additional resources for support. There was great support during the initial setup, but after I started getting things rolling, I had a lot of little questions that I couldn't find documentation on and had to email the person that originally set us up in the system to get an answer and they didn't always know the answer anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup was pretty straightforward, they help you with all of it.

As a small business, we don't have a ton of time or resources to manage HR paperwork. Having all of that in with payroll has been really helpful. It's definitely easier to setup templates for any of the paperwork and hiring documents I need, but also to have access to templates for all of the paperwork as well. There are a lot of resources in the system that I would otherwise have to either makeup from scratch or try to find an appropriate template for, and you don't always have the legal verbiage or support you need to make sure things are compliant.

Rippling review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"Awesomely Simple. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy and simple HR and payroll is! Even without the automatic integrations, just having a payroll system for a small business that starts FREE can be a huge jumpstart for that side of managing the business.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the integrations are working for me yet, but, that's not really why I signed up for this. I do have some of them working, and those are awesome, but others like Slack for example doesn't seem to remove a user when we terminate them, so we go into slack and remove that one manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They consider Vendors and Contractors as employees, too. So, when you consider how many seats you have or need, keep in mind you will need to include any contractors or vendors that are single proprietors or single-filed LLCs, and not corporations. So, if you have 2 employees, and then you pay 3 guys in your area for services monthly who are single business owner types, then in rippling your payroll will have 5 people. This is important if you are using their free plan, which limits to 5 seats. Once you go over 5 seats you pay for all seats, not just how many you go over by. So, for us, contractors push us over into the premium plans, but they're not expensive anyway.

Payroll was something we avoided as long as possible as a small business because of the costs associated. With Rippling to start free until you have more employees is a godsend, I wish we had that years ago. Now there's really no reason not to have payroll done right for a small office staff.

Rippling review by Jacob H.
Jacob H.

"Seamless experience"

What do you like best?

Rippling is convenient and the user experience is really great. You can browse the company directory to get to know your team remotely! The payroll system in user-friendly. You can update your payment information anytime you want.

It is also easy to integrate 3rd-party applications to Rippling compared to similar software. Software like Hubstaff and Slack can be easily integrated to Rippling and it helps minimizing the hassle.

What do you dislike?

The web app takes minutes to load on both mobile and desktop devices. Payment options are limited to wire transfers (which costs a lot more than PayPal or credit card).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to focus on growing, Rippling is the right choice.

Rippling helped us solve our problem with traditional payment systems and Rippling introduced us to automated payroll systems. I realized that there's a lot more benefits for small business with remote employees. It actually help startups focus on growing and letting Rippling do the work on the employee management stuff.

Rippling review by Administrator

"Great Product on on the Cutting Edge of HR"

What do you like best?

They make HR easy. Simple Payroll, health insurance, 401K, recruiting, and on-boarding out of the box and all-in-one. Rippling lets the HR department give the options and then the employees make their selections. Those selections are then automatically configured everywhere. Absolutely zero redundant data entry! Absolutely great software. I have tried Quickbooks Payroll, Paylocity, and ADP over the years and Rippling has them beat in feature set and ease of use hands down. Payroll literally takes just a few minutes a pay period now.

With ADP, I always had to make sure the insurance payments were correct and got paid. I was always coordinating between our 401K provider and payroll. It was a pain. No tto mention the double data entry of sending everyone the employee information. Rippling integrates everything into one system that talks with/to everyone. Their third party providers are seriously the best.

Paylocity, If I could sum up Paylocity in 1 word it would be "headache". To process a single payroll took infinite clicks, three screens, and 4 different reports. The on-boarding was a mess and very limited in what you can do. In order for their system to calculate the health insurance charges and for my employees to pick their plan, they asked me to manually input the entire plan rate matrix per age. They charged integration fees for any 3rd party system I wanted to integrate with. I will say they had great customer support. But it came at a cost. I was charge over $2000 just to get things rolling. With Rippling, everything was already done and integrated. It was insanely simple to setup.

I cannot say enough about how great Rippling is and how I am excited to what they are going to become. There is no better software out there than Rippling for ALL THINGS HR.

What do you dislike?

Being on the cutting edge, there have been a few snags in the software along the way. However, their support team always fixes them quickly and get's everything corrected. Great team.

The only thing that could be better is that they require 4 days from processing a payroll to when they actually pay the employees. This is due to wire transfers and money risks. At ADP it was next day. At Paylocity it was 48 hours. I understand the risks but it would be nice if it was just 48 hours.

The question is better served asking what HR problem is Rippling not answering... ZERO! I cannot think of a single HR request that we have that Rippling does not solve. All of my employees are happy. Management is happy. Can't think of any better solution.

Rippling review by Administrator

"Everything I need in one!!!"

What do you like best?

Rippling has by far been the best payroll service that we have used as a company. Being able to utilize such an upfront and easy to use payroll system and tack on all of the other features like SSO, and password manager.has enabled our team to really push forward and be productive.

What do you dislike?

I am not the biggest fan of the user interface. Its not terrible I just feel that with all of the great technology and synergy being utilized that the user interface could just be a little more up tot date or more interesting to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best payroll service out there!!!!

Being able to have a payroll company that we can trust and not have to worry about all the semantics. Having everything we need all in one service allows us to save money and be the most effective company that we can be.

Rippling review by Salimata B.
Salimata B.

"One stop shop for entrepreneurs"

What do you like best?

Overall ease of use, and when following different set up they walk you through literally from one end to another seamlessly. It's also one stop shop for all things an entrepreneur needs for payroll, benefits, security, onboarding and offboarding and collecting important documents from employees. It's changed things for me in such a tremendous way and saves me LOTS of time...and it's free! Very responsive support staff, my emails are always replied to immediately and issues take care of right away. It's almost too good to be true, they are that good at what they do, and it almost makes me weary because one stop shops are not known to be great at everything they do, but Rippling is. They deliver on everything they say, and it's FREE! Did I say it was FREE alreay?

What do you dislike?

Their fees are very expensive when you make rookie mistakes, and I've paid my share of it but they are also very understanding and work with you to waive fees they're able to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the one stop shop for any entrepreneurs truly looking to save time, money and energy when it comes to payroll, onboarding and offboarding, one sign on, and as you grow the company grows with your needs. When I'm ready for benefits, they will have options for me, as well as hardware and software. Rippling is so good to be true that I am looking over my shoulder to make sure that it's actually real. Just don't make mistakes, because it's costly when they have to fix it for you.

Payroll processing, onboarding and off boarding, collecting all information from employees and keeping it in a safe secure manner, one sign on so no more password sharing or having to delete and change all the time.

Rippling review by Ersinan C.
Ersinan C.

"A huge upgrade over Zenefits and it seems to get even better each week. "

What do you like best?

Super intuitive. So many integrations. Super easy to use for managers/admins and staff. Beautiful design.

What do you dislike?

At the start, there were some growing pains because it was brand new. But I can say that 6 months in, it's pretty close to perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It does take some time to set everything up the way you like it but that's case with most platforms. Whenever you get stuck, support@rippling.com is super responsive and helpful.

Organizing our HR in one place and onboarding staff. Rippling saves us tons of time onboarding staff. Our staff is able to often self-serve themselves.

Rippling review by Administrator

"Complete HR and Payroll solution for my business - So happy I signed up!"

What do you like best?

I love not having to deal with an employee checklist, searching out forms, find and replace names, form details, etc. I love not having to think about what I need to do when a new employee signs on. I appreciate that it makes us look more professional when we can simply say "sign up here and Rippling will take care of everything."

Before Rippling we didn't have a set vacation policy. After, we suddenly had a set vacation policy and were easily able to track time, accrue, and set an office calendar with vacations that everyone knows about.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I'm not able to automatically cancel certain linked accounts. I think it was Gmail and another one, due to permissions with the apps. That's not on Rippling but it is an inconvenience.

I used Quickbooks for payroll and it was a little easier and straightforward. Setting up pay schedule's is a bit confusing and doing a one off takes a little time. Quickbooks was much faster with a one off. Also, the direct deposit time is long compared to others I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it. Not dealing with onboarding new employees is completely worth it. Rippling will give your business an automated HR department.

Being a small business with a need to manage multiple employees and contractors, a dedicated HR person is not always in the budget. Which means the business owner ends up taking care of all of the HR work, which is a headache and not the most cost effective use of time. Rippling has easily solved that. Once it's all set up it is completely painless to hire a new person.

Rippling review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Well rounded payroll / onboarding / hr platform"

What do you like best?

For our needs specifically it is a one stop shop in terms of features. On top of that both the pricing and cost of wires for example can't be beat.

What do you dislike?

No real negatives, they are a start up so there is typical start up process bumps that they are working through sometimes but I am sure that will be remedied as time continues on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you are a small start up or established business rippling can definitely add value. The customer support team is great and has even worked to help my CPA get information he needs around tax time.

Mainly a way to handle payroll for our team which spans across 3 countries. As the CEO and the ops guy its helped to make my life a lot easier.

Rippling review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"Fantastic functionality and UI for payroll, and handles other functionality as well"

What do you like best?

The best UI for handling payroll I've seen. Works for both employees and independent contractors. Also, the assistance when we migrated from Gusto was really, really good. There were some hiccups because we switched mid-year, but Rippling support consistently handles everything we need.

The ability to manage other credentials is slick, but we haven't taken advantage of those (yet).

What do you dislike?

US payroll only at this point (though it is possible to pay international contractors, I believe).

US payroll for multiple states. Solves this problem perfectly. Easy to manage. Much more modern than other options we've had.

Rippling review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Incredibly simple HR onboarding and payroll solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to start using, easy to continue using. So many HR software suites are user unfriendly. I don't have the time to wrestle with payroll software every two weeks. With Rippling, running payroll takes two seconds. Bonus: Rippling's reminder emails help me remember to run payroll when I'm busy.

What do you dislike?

Rippling isn't going to file my federal payroll taxes (my accountant does that), but that form fill request is my default view every time I log in. I can't get rid of the reminder. At least, I haven't figured out an easy way to get rid of that reminder. Similarly, because my employees are contractors, some weeks they don't work. I haven't found an easy way to sunset payroll reminders for them.

I needed a simple payroll solution for 1099 contractors. Payroll through Rippling is hassle-free. Rippling's reminder emails even help me remember to run payroll when I'm busy. I also needed an easy way to onboard employees. Just getting a team to fill out HR paperwork and then filing it can be a pain. Rippling solved that problem -- I just had to answer a few questions and then Rippling provided all the forms I needed, including non-disclosure agreements.

Rippling review by Administrator

"The best tool for your Business, hands down!"

What do you like best?

Rippling is easy to use, support is quick and helpful, and best of all it saves significant time, leaving me to focus on more important things. Once set up tasks that would take hours over several days now takes minutes (sometimes even seconds).

Rippling also integrates with almost every other tool, from Gmail to asana to everything in-between (the most integrations I have seen).

What do you dislike?

A few small bugs here and there (never impacted the task at hand), but once reported they were fixed quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Transferwise

We use rippling for onboarding (from contacts, email setup to health insurance), IT setup (software and tool access, Automated Gmail setup etc.), Health insurance, payroll...etc., Rippling above all else combines solves lots of problems into one solution

Rippling review by Drew J.
Drew J.

"Rippling is a great tool startups can use for peace of mind around HR management. "

What do you like best?

Being able to integrate trello, slack, etc on a computer is a great feature for on-boarding. The weekly emails to remind me about running payroll are a God sin though. I can focus on everything else in my business and Rippling takes cares of the rest.

What do you dislike?

Contractors and Employees are treated the same. A one time contractor takes away one of your free 5 rippling users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to consider using when starting your company. Not sure it's the most competitive pricing model is for the long term of my company (specifically around the additional costs whenever I hire additional people) but I haven't gotten to that point yet so I truly can't speak into that point. It does everything that I need it to do and more. Couldn't be more happy to have been introduced to this product. It has given me a peace of mind that I didn't realize I needed.

The HR tax law is complicated and I don't have to find or talk to other accountants to figure out what I owe or what taxes I have to pay.

Rippling review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Perfect payroll service "

What do you like best?

I am the sole employee in my S-Corp and needed a payroll service that would meet my simple yet specific needs. Their interface is simple and straightforward and the price is right. Based on my experience with Rippling I won’t hesitate to continue using them as I expand my business to onboard more employees.

What do you dislike?

I hope they incorporate the ability to provide certain benefits like health care, dental insurance, 401ks, HSAs, etc. within their platform. I believe they will in due time and am in no hurry for them to do this. What they have implemented so far is impressive and I’d rather they continue to cover a small scope of services exceptionally, rather than a large breadth of services with average execution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a very-small business owner such as myself and I won’t hesitate to continue using Rippling as my business grows out of that category.

Rippling has all the ability to implement nuanced aspects of S-Corp payroll (employer versus employee aspects) in a way that is easy for the business owner to understand.

Rippling review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Customer service is exceptional"

What do you like best?

I’ve never had the pleasure of interacting with such a responsive and capable customer service team. Any time I’ve had a question or rare issue it has been addressed with more promptness, thoroughness, and personal accountability than I think I’ve ever encountered from another company in any industry. I’ve also been blown away by the professionalism of the various faces of Rippling that I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with. I feel that it is exceptionally rare to really feel confident that a company will take care of any relevant matters you bring to their table. I am convinced that my HR and payroll are in great hands with Rippling, now and in the future. That peace of mind is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Before you sign up, there is not really a FAQ explaining the full set of features and services offered. I feel this is more a detriment to Rippling the company, than to me as the client. They’re really selling themselves short. They provide a true full-service payroll service that competes with the other industry leaders for small businesses. Unfortunately Rippling sells itself short on this front by not making this fact obvious at its internet storefront. A client really needs to arrive already knowing what they want in order to see Rippling for the value that it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth giving them a shot as a first option over other payroll companies that specialize in small business. I believe you will be delighted with their customer service team’s willingness to work with you.

Rippling has allowed me to save time and energy with their full service payroll engine at a very affordable and sustainable rate. They worked with me to customize payroll for a small and somewhat complex (to me) S-Corp / greater-than-2% shareholder situation. Their engineering team was a dream to work with and now my payroll is practically on autopilot. Thank you Rippling, specifically to Hemant, Gaurav, Prasanna, and especially Saurav - and everyone else behind the scenes.

Rippling review by User

"Happy End User"

What do you like best?

The design of the interface is very easy to use and captures all of the necessary information that I didn't even know I wanted to see! For example, the allocations of my paycheck on a percentage basis and visualized as a chart (i.e. net pay, commission, fed taxes, state taxes, deductions, etc.). Also very easy to book and see PTO.

What do you dislike?

I can't make any recommendations or comments on what I dislike thus far. Maybe if we tapped into more of Rippling's capabilities? Because right now we only use it for PTO and paystubs.

I never really had much visibility into how much of my paycheck went where. I also liked that it emailed me the total on payday. I've never seen that before.

Rippling review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"Awesomely Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

We started using Rippling about 9 months ago because of the comprehensive services and integrations we need to onboard new hires.

What do you dislike?

Some of the account set up is lengthy and requires you to be prepared. Plan to spend some time, the better you set up your account ahead of time the easier it is later.

Simply put, we are managing people, from interns to new hires. Having a streamlined tool to process offer letters and onboard with company documents and agreements is valuable. Automating payroll saves time.

Rippling review by JR A.
JR A.

"Innovative"

What do you like best?

Everything is centralized and very accessible. The password save is one of my favorite features as well because you don't remember all your different passwords for all your accounts

What do you dislike?

very new so takes some adjusting but overall pretty great!! the download for the program on my work completer was quite large and took awhile

multiple log ins and platforms.. keeps all your info together with one log in. also great for new employees an on-boarding. Hr info all in one location

Rippling review by Deepak J.
Deepak J.

"Rippling is a no-brainer if you're an early stage startup"

What do you like best?

1. Ease of use, great UI

2. Low cost, especially to support small startups

3. Great deals on office gear

4. Customer-centric and responsive support team.

5. Easy access management for my team as well as hiring/firing & onboarding/offboarding members

What do you dislike?

Had a small hiccup with worker's compensation insurance. They did not let us know we needed it before running payroll and that resulted in some unfair fees. To be fair to Rippling, this happens to a ton of NYC companies, and even ones in Y Combinator like us. I think this is minor and they know to warn their clients of this going fwd.

Everything else is awesome.

- Payroll

- Access management

- Onboarding/offboarding simple docs for new hires

- Office gear with cheap deals

Rippling review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Great solution for small businesses"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, an excellent price for small businesses (especially those of us with less than five employees... free).

What do you dislike?

Set-up was a little clunky since it seemed we missed a couple of steps during set-up but weren't 'flagged' that steps were missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to get set up properly and take full advantage of the contract/onboarding templates.

I've been using Rippling for close to five months now and, having used several other payroll/HR solutions, this one has been better than most. The Rippling team helped get us set-up properly and made everything ready to go by Jan 1.

"HR Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Having used multiple HR platforms in the past, what endears me most to Rippling is the ease of use and intuitive nature of its design. When on-boarding an employee, you are lead through a series of yes or no questions and before you know it, your employee is fully processed, has been issued the correct documentation and paperwork and is ready to be a full employee. There is very little outside work necessary.

What do you dislike?

As Rippling is a relatively new company, I understand that there are occasional growing pains and new processes that the system must learn, however I have found the support staff to be incredibly polite and understanding, and they work diligently to upgrade their product on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, the program is well priced and has a very comprehensive set of tools available.

Our on-boarding and off-boarding flow has seen a marked improvement and we have streamlined many of our processes into this one service.

Rippling review by Daniella C.
Daniella C.

"Rippling is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Rippling makes things so easy and it's also pretty to look at! I love the illustrations on the pay stubs and emails. I'm a UX designer, so having a good interface is key for me as a user. Rippling does an amazing job at making something that could be boring very fun.

What do you dislike?

Finding my signed paperwork was a little difficult and confusing the first few times I was looking.

Pay stubs, PTO, W2s mainly.

Rippling review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"So fast and easy "

What do you like best?

The process was extremely easy and I was able to get my account set up in less than 10 minutes! Being able to have company HR policies, benefits and payroll in one systems is helpful.

What do you dislike?

There were some technology glitches that happened that made me refresh my browser to get back where I needed to be.

The process of on boarding a new hire is extremely streamlined and more effective.

Rippling review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"Awesome payroll for startups"

What do you like best?

I like that it is free for if you have less than 5 employees and all the app integrations it has.

What do you dislike?

Some systems (like Intuit payroll) allow for next business day payroll deposits and Rippling is 4 days. It's not a big deal but that might be the only downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all their apps and get on the platform early.

Payroll. It's allowed me to easily run payroll and also not have to worry about taxes, which are automatically taken out.

Rippling review by Penny F.
Penny F.

"Easy to use, covers all the bases"

What do you like best?

Rippling takes every straggler document and puts it all in one software. Before Rippling, we had spreadsheets in Shared Docs that could be edited, making things very unsecured. Now we have everything in one place and it's very easy to use. Rippling has also accommodated us by building specific apps that we have asked for.

What do you dislike?

The payroll fee for international employees is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rippling is especially great for tech companies because there are options for built-in password and software protection.

Our HR system is now in place, we can now track what programs employees are using, all employee documents are centralized, password management.

"Amazingly efficient workflow."

What do you like best?

The characteristic that is most immediately impactful for me was the clean design of the platform. It helps reduce the stress of running payroll and the intuitive workflow only enhanced this further. Every member of Rippling's staff that I have communicated with has been helpful and informative. The number of integrations available with the platform is also massive.

What do you dislike?

I think a built-in knowledge base is key for any platform. It is my understanding that this is in beta and will be made available shortly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rippling is definitely worth the demo!

We are using Rippling for payroll and benefits administration. Having one system that is capable in both areas is a huge plus. The ability to expand the solutions that Rippling provides also creates a level of comfort that we will not to worry about out growing the platform.

"Onboarding made simple"

What do you like best?

Rippling gives a small startup the powers of a big company when it comes to HR and onboarding new team members. After going through Rippling's simple organization setup and configuring your apps, it's completely hands off—the account creation, hardware configuration, etc. Plus, completely free payroll.

What do you dislike?

So far, the experience has been awesome. One improvement that could be made is making apps easier to find. Rippling recently added categories, but a simple search would be useful too. Also, I know Rippling has integrations for timesheets, but I think having this built-in would be awesome, especially if it auto-filled hours for hourly employee payroll.

All the onboarding-related functions of a big company's HR department.

- Payroll

- Account creation / management

- Offer letters and forms

Rippling review by Dave G.
Dave G.

"Perfect IT + HR integration and onboarding tool"

What do you like best?

The integrations across every app that we use can be added or terminated for any employee with one click. It's life changing.

What do you dislike?

Rippling becomes your "Sales Manager" for GSuite so any additional add-ons that you want for that service require you to go through them. It can be a pain in the ass to add these.

Instantly add new employees, new contractors + add them to every app that we want them to use (and can create rules to segment based on employee type, location, etc. + instantly order hardware with all software already installed. Vice versa for termination.

Rippling review by Anton M.
Anton M.

"Rippling makes handling my payroll a breeze!!!"

What do you like best?

what i like best about Rippling is the anywhere, anytime access that i have to my check stubs and w2's

What do you dislike?

what i dont like is that i cant access the same functions from the app that i can on the website

Recommendations to others considering the product

it makes life so much easier

i dont have to check the mail or ask hr for copies of my payroll info

Rippling review by Ajay S.
Ajay S.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

Rippling provides a one-stop solution for our payroll and benefits needs. IT is easy to use, upload info, and run payroll every couple weeks.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features like wage garnishment were not perfect, but seem to be coming together well now.

We use it for Payroll - it is an easy to use, free/low-cost solution for the companies that I run. It saves us time, money and it very easy to use.

Rippling review by Neha  A.
Neha A.

"User friendly and smooth application"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is nice and designed well to access all the features which is a really cool option. The help is missing; it would be great if you can have contact or chat option for support

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy solution for all the HR needs

Payroll processing.. after opting rippling it got smoother

Rippling review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"Easy, simple and clean"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Rippling is how straight forward it is. I can find what I need to find immediately with no confusion or problems.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about rippling, with each update they have been getting better. I enjoy the user interface and the user experience.

Benefits I see with rippling is such an easy way to find how much I have been paid for certain dates.

Rippling review by User

"Onboarding Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Rippling is so intuitive and has really improved my workflow. As an administrative professional, I spend a lot of time working on organization, and Rippling has helped with this so much. It has also sped up our onboarding process immensely.

What do you dislike?

Although we are able to use Rippling for Payroll, we still have to utilize another product for employee's timesheets. It would be great if Rippling had their own timesheet solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will save you a ton of time- it is worth getting, you are paying for your own convenience/ sanity!

It allows us to keep important documents and procedures all occurring in one place

Learn more about Rippling

Learning about Rippling?

* We monitor all Rippling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.