Okta Reviews & Product Details

Okta Overview

What is Okta?

Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.

Okta Details
Discussions
Okta Community

Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall

Okta

Okta Reviews

Showing 391 Okta reviews
Already have Okta?
Agile Coach
What do you like best?

I like that Okta is the single sign on solution that has everything in place to make sure I don't have to remember a lot of different logins and passwords as long as I have the correct authentication. We use our Okta with Duo which provides great security and helps me feel secure about access to the applications that I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up can take a minute, but once everything is provisioned for use, then it works great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Okta allows us to have one spot to access all the applications we need, such as Workiva, Workday, Asana, Yammer, Slack, Zoom and makes it so we don't have to remember a specific login for every single one of those applications, we can just access Okta for SSO and use Duo for dual authentication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

By the help of this software, I am capable of introducing various polices like login context, thus I can minimize the risk factor. I have introduced the multi factor authentication based on the important information that includes bio-metric factors, possession factors and knowledge factors. It is very fast in terms of integrating with IT software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is playing a vital role in my organization. I really like the way it is working and providing great services. I have no complaints against Okta. I also like the way its customer support is providing responsive services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its administration GUI is also very easy to implement. This tool is a universal platform every business type could get benefit from it, thus I will surely suggest its usage to all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I easily handle the complaints because it also acts as helpdesk for me. Also I am it has enabled me to manage automate the various business processes for both of my employee and my customers in this way I manage the life cycle assisted with any particular event. Furthermore through its APIs workflow, rules and policies I am at ease to customize it accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

This is the most trust worthy application I am using for making long term connections with my team so that they can have access to the various applications for delivering better customer services. Through this tool I am no more worried about any wrong sign in into any application. But it provides me single sign-on option by which it is very easy to get started with the everyday working and it also has reduced the complaints too as my team is enjoying the faster log in for the new apps even. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a very technical tool and I faced some issues about making the authentication factor in working. Further the pricing policy is not suitable for new set ups and also the chrome plug-ins is difficult to manage usually. In addition no tutorial is provided so for the beginners it is not a user-friendly application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to secure your employees information and if you want to store the passwords, than I will recommend this tool it will reduce the risk factor and also you will be in a position to manage the technical issue through the help desk service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am happy from its quality services which also provides me multi factor authentication by which I feel more confident about the security issues. This is a great tool for us to work together for the mutual benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

I like the many options and the fact that you can use it very simply and yet do very powerful things with it.

The API is extremely powerful and allowed us to automate many of our account management tasks.

The initial setup and training was nice to have to be quickly up and running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really that is troublesome. The interface sometime can be tricky but the product is always evolving and a lot of UX has already been fixed and is now very usable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using okta to secure the services used by our company as well as internal tools thanks to SAML integrations. We are also using conditional access to restrict login on specific regions.

Our users mostly find it easy to use with Okta verify. Some were slower to adopt.

In general it is a huge step forward in terms of security and accountability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gamification Strategist
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Okta. There is a browser extension that helps you log into all your websites. The Okta apps page is nice because you have tabs that allow you to drag and drop all your different logins into different categories, such as Business vs. Personal. Logging in via Okta to my most-used apps is really easy. And Okta manages the addition of new logins pretty well too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have an Okta authenticator app on my phone that I need to use to log in to Okta every morning. It takes an extra few minutes that both I and my colleagues find irritating. Sometimes, when you save the login information for a website, it shows up without proper details in the Okta apps page. So you have go into each entry and rename it so you know where that login takes you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Okta is a really helpful solution for my organization because it provides secure password management for our variety of applications and environments. We use a lot of these logins for testing and demonstration. Our leadership team adds new software services to our organization and once our manager implements the system, the login appears on our app screen, which is great. If there is a shared organization login, it's a great place to find it. It saves time when I need access to something new. Instead of running to QA for login information, I can check Okta first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Packaging Engineering
What do you like best?

Okta is an exceptionally adaptable platform for managing several aspects of personality to SaaS and on-premises applications. Okta is an excessively straightforward authentication arrangement from an end client point of view. You get the chance to single sign on to the vast majority of the apps you use, and it automatically stores your credentials and logs you on once you are authenticated through their portal. We have integrated Okta with a large portion of our apps. With MFA enabled, you have to download Okta app on your telephone and accept the push to login. SaaS Model, easy to arrangement and supports the most utilized applications from an access management and catalog integration viewpoint. The UI and capabilities are light years ahead of the opposition. I have never had any personal time, login, or 2FA issues with Okta. Our clients save minutes every day, not, at this point drearily composing and re-composing their catalog password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to understand Okta documentation appropriately to integrate the appropriate security implementation. There is a colossal learning bend for this software. On the off chance, that any of your password escaped synchronize with Okta it will be somewhat hard to understand how to update the password on the off chance that you are not technically knowledgeable. Beneficiary client support is quite bad. I deal with a ton of merchants and this is probably the least favorite to have to call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Okta is a great tool for Single Sign On. The single tick choice has made it easy to stay signed in to all necessary programs. While it is easy to administer, this comes at the expense of some customizability. Backing is moderate, and costs are high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I want to start off by saying I am not in IT. I cannot speak to how easy Okta is to implement or to add apps. But, from a person who uses Okta every day, I really enjoy it. Like any SAML/SSO company, I love how Okta stores your login information for your company applications and websites. You log in to Okta, and then you don't need to sign in to any other website (as long as it's added to Okta). This definitely helps with the security and assigning users to the right applications.

The Google Chrome extension is fantastic. I can click the Okta icon on the top-right in Chrome and quickly see all my assigned apps. Click one, and I automatically go to the site and I'm logged in. It makes it so I don't have to bookmark all of our organization's sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if I have anything I truly dislike. Sometimes, I'll already be logged in and either Okta or my browser doesn't know that when I go to a different site and has me re-login. But, it's not a big deal.

Our organization has two-factor authentication turned on. This means that you enter your Okta password and then you must also authenticate with your phone. It's kind of a pain. However, I got an Apple Watch and seriously...it's almost worth spending the dumb $400 for an Apple Watch just for the Okta app on the watch. Instead of authenticating through your phone, you get a notification directly to your watch, click "Yep, it's me" and then you're signed in to Okta. Makes it so much faster. I wish the regular phone authentication was as fast. You have to unlock your phone, click on the Okta notification, give your face-id and then click "yes, it's me". It's a lot more steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not really the expert for other SAML/SSO providers, but I'm pretty sure Okta has a free account you can use to try it out. I did some testing for creating an app in Okta and it was pretty easy (and I literally do not have any background in IT). I was able to find information online to create a Help Center article about how to connect Lucidpress with Okta and it wasn't too bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Okta helps keep all our organization's apps in one place. It increases our security with one password and use of SSO/SAML for everything else. Assigning new apps to new hires is easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Okta is a highly flexible platform for managing several aspects of identity to SaaS and on-premises applications. What I like best is the ability to combine these features (SSO, MFA, sign-on rules, custom attributes, provisioning, directory services) into a complete identity management solution. While we have not yet explored using Okta as our central directory service, it also has that capability.

Sign-on rules are customizable, allowing you to, say, enforce MFA for employees in certain groups, or connecting from certain (i.e. remote) locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost. While Okta delivers great value and releases enhancements frequently, the service is costly (particularly for cost-conscious organizations, such as not-for-profit organizations).

And while the support experience is generally pretty good, they are sometimes hesitant to troubleshoot SAML integrations too deeply, citing the fact that SAML sign-on success is more dependent upon the target service's use of the SAML assertion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identity security is the biggest issue we're solving with Okta. In addition to security features such as single sign-on and multifactor authentication, we're realizing that Okta is also a convenient centralized portal to several integrated SaaS applications in our environment.

We are also protecting administrative logins and applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Okta is a super straightforward authentication solution from an end user perspective. I get to single sign on to most of the apps I use, and it automatically stores my credentials and logs me on once I am authenticated through their portal. It has a helpful Chrome extension that lets me quickly navigate to different cloud based apps that my company uses, and automatically prompts me to save apps to my dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it were more customizable for the end user. For example, it makes me re authenticate every 2 hours, even when I've been logged into the same computer that whole time. I would prefer to be able to change the authentication window myself, though I imagine this would probably create something of a security risk. It would also be great to be able to customize the order with which apps appear in the Chrome extension - as of right now the first five apps are ones I rarely use, and new ones I have added appear towards the bottom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Negotiate hard - it can be expensive. Also worth having your IT team consult with end users on default settings so that end users feel like they have had some input into usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem is obviously authentication - I am now able to log in to most of the apps that my company uses through the same sign on portal, which is both more efficient and more secure. It also helps me keep track of some of the apps that my company uses - I can open my Chrome extension if I can't remember the name of our business travel app, for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've grown to rely heavily on Okta as part of my work life over the course of several years.

The best feature as an employee is having all your work applications automatically provisioned and login access maintained in one place. Not having to create and remember passwords across dozens of services is a major efficiency gain, and a boon to company-wide security as well, I'd imagine.

Some of my other favorite features:

- The ability to group applications into tabs

- The Okta browser plug-in

- The ability to request new applications directly within Okta Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Suggestions for improvement:

- ability to customize the names of apps within Okta (the name that is displayed under each app icon)

- ability to customize logos/images of apps within Okta Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an end user, Okta eliminates the need to create and remember passwords for any applications that are integrated into its single-sign-on platform. It's certainly saved me a lot of time and potential headaches while working. Think of it as an enterprise-grade, super-charged password manager. Again, I'm just an end user and don't work in IT, but once setup, I'd imagine it streamlines a lot of the access provisioning process, so you've got benefits flowing in all directions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Onboard Specialist
What do you like best?

It’s easy to find all the programs my company is using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes troubleshooting logins is difficult to deal with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will group all your cloud products in one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has become easier to provide a platform where employees can easily access all necessary programs to get the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is great to have every application that you use in one place so you do not have to save many different bookmarks. It is also great that all of the apps that you use are already logged in or at least they have your passwords saved when you click into it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Okta app on your phone will not save your log in credentials even though you select the save now button multiple times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are making a great homebase for all needed applications for all employees, making it very simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that with Okta, I can find all the available software apps that IT has made for me in one place. Okta's ability to save all my passwords also means I don't have to remember 1000 different passwords and it's all in one easy to find location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Okta sometimes bugs out. For example- once I was led to an endless redirect from my okta and jira, which was incredibly frustrating as an user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to solve the issue of being able to see all the features available to me. I've since realized how nice it was to have just one login instead of 1000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

The turnaround time of okta is excellent. It doesn't take much time to get logged in and also the privacy policys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is ask multiple times of confirmation for logging in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very efficient application that is acting its bestest way to let us access our daily applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The bestest point is privacy if we login with otp the otp keeps on changing in every 30 seconds. And its the easiest way to to get connected with the application through okta. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HRIS Administrator
What do you like best?

The process is user friendly. The set up is not very complex and adjustable based on what system you are setting up SSO for. Additionally it allows non SSO site passwords to be saved and offers users complex passwords as well. Offer Mobile SSO which is nice for management use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not every system is linked to use them. Would like to see it pushed out to a wider spectrum of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SSO log in securely to sites that are of business need. It helps with faster/safer log in for users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Okta makes it easy to maintain distinct passwords for every account I have, but access them through a single Okta log-in, using 2-Factor Authentication. Furthermore, I am able to change just one Okta password and it automatically reconfigures the log in for all my Okta apps/tiles, like magic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues syncing between Google Chrome and Okta, when it comes to my Google Account. Google Chrome will show I'm signed in for one of my Gmail accounts, but Okta isn't synced with it, which gives me an error. It might just be a problem with how my company has configured it, or a problem with how it's integrated with Google Chrome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We might use it for more purposes than the ones I checked that I just don't know about, as I'm not an Okta administrator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

We use Okta at our company. Okta is used as a single sign-on tool across our org. It makes it easy for our users to sign in to multiple apps because they just have to remember one password (the Okta password) versus remembering a password for each and every application. It's awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Okta's support has been nothing but stellar during the whole process. From proof of concept to implementation. It has become our preferred method for Single Sign-On options. There is not a single reason to dislike this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Okta is the preferred user authentication method across our entire organization. We had a huge problem with how to sync user authentication across many many different building sites and countries. We needed the ability to revoke user's access to company resources with a simple click of the button. When before Okta it used to take ages and many departments to revoke access. With Okta that's all made much more simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Okta Workforce Identity is great! We really don't have problems with users who use this for single sign-on purposes. It integrates extremely well with all of the applications we use across our organization. Okta's tech support is awesome, too, in-case we ever need to reach out for support; they're awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration Support Specialist
What do you like best?

With the Okta platform you can keep everything (apps anyway) behind a secure system that lets only folks who are provisioned to see them, access to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you are running late, it can be a little flustering having to login multiple times a day but its worth it for the security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Okta you can solve all the security issues you might have had by not keeping apps and data behind a wall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One thing like most is Ujet features that we can do many things from a single software in few seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, there is no competitor for this software as it is providing many different and new features in comparison of others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to advice everyone should use it once as a user, i'm sure you'll used to it as it is a very amazing software. It always solve our queries on a single click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many of the problems are solved in few seconds via Ujet as we can check our login or logout time as well as our break time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Trainer
What do you like best?

I like that with OKTA I can now set up only one password that will work with all the systems and apps I use to work, I used to forget all my credentials and ussually had my acounts locked, Now I dont have to worry about it because with OKTA I just login on it and the rest Goes by itself! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think OKTA is complete, secure and easy to install and use, There is nothing I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OKTA helps to avoid memorizing many passwords, it helps to hindle time better, as it allows you to log in to all your tools only one time, everything opens at the moment as you log in to OKTA, and everything is easier that way, Increasing productivity time, having a better view of tools and never locking credentials due to a forgotten password! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OKTA helps me handle my time better, as it allows me log in to all my tools only one time, everything opens at the moment I log in to OKTA, and everything is easier that way, Increasing my productivity time, having a better view of my tools and never locking my credentials due to a forgotten password! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I enjoy the Okta chrome browser plugin that quickly and securely gets through the authentication steps in a way that is great to the end-user and enables my companies ability to control its deployment into all of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many dislikes, but there have been times when the session times out and I click to relog in but that fails, and I have to go back to the Okta plugin start page to re-login. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage it for a remote heavy employee workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a single location/repository to find all of my corporate cloud-based apps without managing broken link bookmarks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation Engineer
What do you like best?

easy to use and user interface is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing as of now as i feel using okta i can access all my applications very easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes i highly recommend okta who whats to keep all the application in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

nothing till now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't really like it at all to be honest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-There are two different apps for SSO and for verification - how does that make any sense?

-I have to verify my login every time on my phone and it asks me to do this 2-3 times a day, which is a pain. I run into a demo and have to take 5 minutes to get my phone and verify my login before I can show my prospect the demo, huge pain

-We didn't really get any training on how to use it and it is not very seamless to me at all, for instance, I tried to login to a separate app I use and it doesn't even let me login because its not "Registered" with Okta

I much prefer LastPass from a user friendliness standpoint. Lastpass allows me to categorize apps based on use as well as generate organic passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Issues logging into apps

-Issues staying logged in when I need it most.

I wish that Okta allowed me to log in at the beginning of the day so it wouldn't disrupt my workflow through out the day with the verify app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.