Okta Reviews & Product Details

What is Okta?

Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.

Okta Profile Details

Okta Reviews

1-25 of 272 total Okta reviews
Most Recent Okta Video Review
System Specialist

"The best ally of your company."

What do you like best?

I really like this system because thanks to this platform, I can provide my clients with security and comfort in my products and services because thanks to all the information I have in it, it can be found in the cloud allowing me to access from any place, after a brief authentication, without lowering the security levels that Okta offers me.

On the other hand, it allows me to create and customize modules for our employees and without having to give access to certain functions and eliminate their access without having to introduce a different user which has been great, because it saves us a lot of time.

In addition, this system has easily adapted to many of our needs as a company and allows us to integrate it with other applications, which has made it a versatile system and when requesting to save new passwords I avoid blocking some programs by entering numerous erroneous passwords.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is nothing that I do not like about this system, because it has been very efficient in our company and we have not had problems using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt, I recommend Okta, because it gives you the most complete help and allows you to save time and money. It is a broad and versatile system capable of adapting to both large and small companies.

Thanks to Okta the employees of our company have saved a lot of time, because before this excellent system, they took the time to request the department in charge of the help to enter a series of applications.

Okra has allowed the company to be more efficient, because now it can perform different tasks quickly and with it our staff works in a more comfortable way, decreasing stress levels, creating a great work environment for everyone.

This system has safeguarded important information about the company with a solid security, in addition it has managed to work on a large scale, increasing the performance and ensuring the growth of the company.

Sales Development Representative

"Integrate Software for a Streamlined Workflow"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Okta is that it easily displays all of the apps that your employees have access to. Additionally, admins have the option to restrict the access to applications, which helps to ensure that your employees only have access to the most relevant software. Logging in to Okta using google authenticator is a very quick and painless process, and also ensures that accounts remain secure at all times.

What do you dislike?

I have absolutely no complaints with Okta and have only positive experiences with its interface.

Okta allows my company to consolidate all of its software into one simple location. No longer do you have to go searching through your cluttered computer to find that application you use every so often. Okta is extremely user-friendly and provides a security verification to protect its users from unwanted intrusion. Okta is the very first webpage I open every morning, and allows me to quickly start my day in an organized manner.

Security Specialist

"Security for all devices in a single app"

What do you like best?

Okta is an ideal application, for any company, or person, that needs to implement, the authentication of 2 factors, you can connect all the electronic devices, you know this Okta account, so you have all the security you need in one place, giving you greater security of everything you need to protect in your company, with the highest security, absolutely everything you can link with Okta, and in this way avoid loss of passwords, and information, ensuring everything you have, and without concerns that for some reason you're going to lose.

What do you dislike?

there are many applications, which apparently have the same purpose, or still do not understand, I think that here, all this could be simplified, to avoid confusion.

The security of all accounts, which are used online, is now protected thanks to Okta, with this I can know if anyone wants to access an account of these, from a device, or a place that is not authorized, so everything is protected against hackers, and malicious people.

Senior Vice President, Operations

"Seamless multi-factor single sign-on"

What do you like best?

Too often, single sign-on solutions are burdensome for end users, as is a requirement for multi-factor authentication. Okta has made this seamless; log in anywhere and get an immediate push notification to your smartphone or, even better, your Apple Watch.

What do you dislike?

The rollout has been slow—or at least, slower than I would have anticipated. A number of our SaaS solutions are compatible with Okta out of the box; others require more work. That said, Okta is becoming the clear leader, so this will become easier over time as more integrations are provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch applications to enforce authentication via Okta one by one, starting with the one application no user in your organization can live without—since this will ensure that everyone is registered.

Provisioning and de-provisioning users in a single place, enabling single sign-on with multi-factor authentication across a wide variety of SaaS applications.

UE
(Myself Only)

"All In One - Easy Access To Every Business App "

What do you like best?

Since my company uses most of the apps within Okta, I can easily access each on without signing into each on individually. I use about 10 to 12 apps. They all in one place. I can even rearrange the apps according to importance. I never had any issues with Okta since we first started using the application about 5 years old.

What do you dislike?

Certain apps require you to sign in every time. For example, my language app is connected to Okta and I have to use a verification code every time I sign into the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When signing into other apps like the Rosetta Stone language app, can users stay signed in even when we click out of the app.

Minimum hassle - able to sign in to all apps at the same time, user friendly, helps keep me organized at the job and I don't need to open a whole bunch of windows just to access my work pages.

"Excellent Identity management service and SSO Solution."

What do you like best?

We do not need to keep remember multiple id and password. You can add your aloud services to Okta portal and could open from there by providing single okta id and password. It supports Multi Factor Authentication as well by entering generated password through Okta verify app that creates second level authentication and make your id more secure.

What do you dislike?

If you didn't set your account with security question or with your mobile no for text and forget your password it is tough to reset password by yourself. It does not provide any other self authentication like DOB or others. In such case you need to contact your admin only.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to others to use Okta to make their password management easy and to keep their log in secure.

We use Okta as Single Sign On and as Multi Factor Authentication to make our id secure and login easy.

Violinist
Music

"Great for accessing every software you use"

What do you like best?

All the applications I use are in the one place and it saves me logging in every time. This includes Canvas, email, visitor registration, scheduling etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to be able to change the order in which the applications appear. I'm sure it can be done but I'm yet to work out this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great for businesses and universities that use multiple platforms for students and staff. It makes switching between software very quick and easy and saves a lot of time. This is a great solution to the fluster of trying to juggle your email, course materials, room bookings and scheduling etc. Having to log in only once and not have to type 6 different urls every class really saves a lot of stress!

Not having to log into everything saves a lot of time and frustration. It also makes sure I don't forget to check each of my platforms daily.

Software engineer

"Dead simple Single Sign On"

What do you like best?

Okta is great at helping out company manage authentication with various third party SaaS platforms. The app and browser plugin work as expected and never seem to fail.

What do you dislike?

To date I haven't had a single negative experience with Okta.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a simple, hosted Single Sign On solution then I recommend giving Okta a try. The app and browser plugin are easy to use and support has been great.

The time to on- and off-board employees has been greatly reduced. Our employees enjoy the benefit of not having to remember and manage passwords for various third party services.

IT Tech

"Okta is very useful fr or me"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to set up and use. Itremembers yourpasswords for you apps such as gmail, zoom, salesfoce and JIRA, we use in in our entire organization,.

What do you dislike?

The SMS funtion doesnt always send to our cell phones. I set up multiple MFA's to alleviate this problem for me but it does happen to other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product allows you to add and remove employees from all of your apps at once.

This product has increased the security of our users data and the company data as well.. It has lessened the chance for any unauthorized user from infitrating our company data

(10,001+ employees)

"Great product for maintaining SSO"

What do you like best?

I like that we do not have to enter the password every time. Once user logs in to the account, they can directly click on application tile and get signed in. Nowadays in every company, there are lots of applications that one needs to log into and maintain passwords complying to the password policy. This product helps simplify that. Also there is a Google Chrome extension that helps in opening the various apps directly from the browser without going through the Okta Site.

What do you dislike?

Some times, updated password are not saved. They need to be updated manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product for secure identity management. I would definitely that anyone who is using this product should feel a sense of relief since they would not have to enter the passwords for every application that is used at the organization

Faster operations, since user does not need to log in multiple times into all the applications that they use. It is best that users ensure that they are updating the new credentials in the application tiles.

"Easy Log In to All Apps, In One Place"

What do you like best?

My company utilizes a ton of different applications and services to complete our daily tasks and human resources activities. If I had to log in separately to all of these places, or remember different passwords for each one, I would be a whole lot less productive at work. Okta makes it simple to log in once, and can even log in for me when I'm away from the office on my smartphone and need to check something quickly.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is anything I dislike. It does a very good job at what it's intended for, and thus makes my life a whole lot easier at work. I've never had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool for SSO and will make your employees' daily work life much easier as more useful work-related applications become commonplace.

We use this mainly as a SSO feature.

Account Development Representative

"Okta Review"

What do you like best?

I like how all of my applications and software I need to get my job done is on one platform. No need to memorize multiple passwords and having to navigate from site to site.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that several of the apps I need, need to have plug ins which is sometimes time consuming.

Removing the pain of memorizing multiple passwords and having to navigate from one site to another to complete my day to day tasks. Saves me time on mundane tasks and get right to business.

"Personally Do Not Enjoy It "

What do you like best?

It does exactly what it is supposed to do from an IT standpoint for security in log-ins and app usage, from that perspective it's great.

What do you dislike?

It requires you to have the mobile app and send push notifications to your phone every time you want to sign in to something, which means you're locked out if your phone is dead or you don't have it on you. I've had a few issues of my account needing to be reset, which can take hours in a large company, and you essentially get locked out of every app you need for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a lot of getting used to in the beginning, be prepared and don't forget your passwords!

Security, IT, Single Log-in, Approved App Management.

Network Administrator
Wholesale

"Very Useful dashboard"

What do you like best?

Okta keeps all my work related and personal sites easily accessible and makes a single sign-on experience for them all. The 2 factor authentication outside of my network is a big plus. Once a site and it's credentials are added, I can update easily as needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prompts via my browser can be intrusive, but once I decline it for a site, it does not come back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a user base of varying comfort levels with technology and password management, this is good solution that will satisfy beginners and your more security minded savvy users and IT department

WIth Okta, I do not have to worry about remembering every site and password that I need to access, whether in my office or mobile, and it is not overly complicated to manage.

EC

"Okta SSO Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, point your employees to a URL and enjoy not having to manage everything for every employee with a fine tooth comb! We also enjoy being able to build custom "chiclets" for in house apps, never having to give employees credentials to access certain features, and removing access without having to involve a user or their end point. This product has saved a lot of headaches and time.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike about the product, but be ready to customize the "chiclets" for in house apps. I don't see a way around this issue, but their support was helpful when we had some small issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan out your apps, confirm that they work with Okta natively. Go over AD setup with Okta beforehand so you're ready for a smooth transition.

Not having to give out credentials to certain 3rd party or in house apps to end users. Ease of removing access when employees leave, reduced time spent with onboarding/offboarding.

"Okta Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I only have to remember one password to access all of the applications I use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Some applications can only be accessed in one type of web browser, which can be inconvenient at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product will save your employees time each day, as it allows them access to all of their applications in one place with only one password. It will also allow your IT team to focus on other larger issues instead of helping employees reset their passwords for all of the different applications they may use.

Eliminating employees having to remember multiple passwords for various applications they use on a daily basis, therefore minimizing the requests coming into the IT department needing help with accessing certain applications.

Business Development Manager
Internet

"An inconsistent internal rollout prevented me from fully maximizing"

What do you like best?

When used properly, password-storing tools like Okta help users create varied, complex passwords that are much more secure. Without a tool like this, many are probably inclined to re-use the same password across multiple accounts. This allows for better security, two-factor authentication, and (I presume) better account provisioning and controls so IT/HR can collaborate to ensure former employees are removed from all accounts.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as intuitive as I would have expected. It pops up unprompted via chrome extension when I'm not logging in, but just filling out a form, for example, then doesn't pop up when I do want it to log in. They have so many integrations/plug ins that sometimes it is hard to tell which is the proper one (I think there are >5 SFDC versions, for some reason there were two versions/options of abacus, one of which never worked for me?) I've had some glitchy issues where I've updated and saved a password and then there are duplicate log ins saved or it doesn't default to the correct one. All of this may be user error, but I have sat down with IT once to try to better use the tool and we didn't get very far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clear training and team-wide deploy! I was at my company before we bought Okta and I believe new employees receive some training during on boarding, but I seemed to miss best practices and I think my ability to maximize my use of the tool has suffered for it.

Account provisioning, account security, log in access.

Violin

"Easy to use and has all other software links in one place"

What do you like best?

Easy navigation to email, timetabling, room booking, accounts, canvas, guest sign in etc - everything is linked in one place.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the email link doesn't keep me singed in and links to an old university account and is very difficult to get it linked back to my current address. Not sure if this is outlook's fault or okta but it's very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So many applications are available and it's incredibly easy to use! Fantastic software.

Allowing students and faculty easy access to all school platforms.

(10,001+ employees)

"Helpful tool that increases my effectiveness"

What do you like best?

I like how Okta is always running in the background and asks to save a newly generated password. It allows me to work quickly through my multiple applications and avoids the need to remember every password I've created. It also prevents me from getting locked out of an application for entering too many incorrect passwords in a row.

What do you dislike?

The pop-up Okta window is fairly large and takes up a lot of screen space which sometimes I need to see on a page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend it- seemless product and easy to use for all levels of employees.

It's allowed me to work faster and more efficiently. It also reduces my companies need for an IT resource to reset passwords when someone has invalidated theirs.

"Solves a problem, but adds new complexity"

What do you like best?

Having one place to log into things is nice. It's especially helpful in our case when we have many services to log into, some of which use shared passwords. Previously we had an encrypted lookup script for these cases, so having it integrated into the browser is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Adding SAML to everything when the world seemed to be moving to OAuth has added a lot of complexity. Extra support had to be integrated into our software for it to function fully. It does not support Basic Authentication. Most annoying, the Firefox addon does not work in the nightly builds of Firefox at all -- a nonsensical error message appears instead. The UI is often confusing -- you can't tell which items are generic services where you have to save your own password vs ones where the company has set them up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is this the right software for the job or just adding Enterprise complexity?

We have a lot of online and cloud based services to log into. We can do this from one place, and it allows us easy login options to places that

CSA
Retail

"So Easy to work from home with this! "

What do you like best?

Okta is honestly so cool. I have everything I need connected to Okta so I can have it at my finger tips when needed. Its so easy to answer emails for work, or do a school assignment now that I have everything all in one spot.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything I don't like about it. Maybe it could ask me to stop saving the passwords after I've already done so, but thats about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Put all of your apps that have passwords on here

This helps me answer emails easier

Post Production Supervisor

"Helpful tool "

What do you like best?

The single sign on experience provided by Okta is helpful through the web portal - it manages and consolidates all of my online platforms and websites and their passwords in one place.

What do you dislike?

When I use Okta verify app in conjunction with signing into the VPN through Cisco Any Connect. The push verification doesn't often work. I actually switched to SMS verification instead because of this.

Security compliance throughout the company, consolidated space for accessing and giving access to websites/platforms.

Product Specialist
Consumer Electronics

"Okta helps me keep all my passwords in one place, without looking at them"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to enter in my passwords over and over again. once I enter them in and they are in Okta, I only have one password to remember. I can pretty much forget all of my passwords and Okta will just remember them and put them in the appropriate fields for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it pops up every time I put a password in. If there was a way for me not to have to click anything and for it to just save it automatically with no pop-ups, that would be awesome! Everything else is pretty great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it, it will save you a lot of time logging into things!

Where I work, there are a lot of different systems and sometimes it can take forever to be able to go from platform to platform because of all of the login gates. With Okta, I don't really have to worry about logging in, which cuts down on the time I take switching between platforms throughout my workflow.

Upstream Process Development Engineer II
Biotechnology

"Convenient way to keep all passwords at the same place."

What do you like best?

Convenient tool to keep all passwords at the same place. Okta verify app would send a notification on phone as a 2 way verification.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit uncomfortable to keep all the password at the same location. If my okta account is compromised, hacker would have access to all my accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very useful tool for everyone who has many login user names and passwords.

All company logins are stored in okta. No manual password entering needed.

President / Owner

"One password to rule them all!"

What do you like best?

I love that I only have to remember one password, and only have to sign in to a single page. Also, the interface on the landing page / dashboard is very clean and intuitive. Not cumbersome or confusing to use.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the products/platforms that we use in the office are supported by Okta; or offer any sort of SAML / SSO.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's quite simple to deploy and roll out to your team(s), and the interface couldn't be easier.

We are streamlining integration between multiple platforms by utilizing a central navigation hub. Employees can login to Okta and can use other company tools with a single click.

Okta Pricing

Okta Features

• Authentication User experience
  • Multi-Factor Authentication
  • Federation/SAML support (idp)
  • Federation/SAML support (sp)
  • Self Service Access requests