Entrata Reviews & Product Details

Entrata Overview

What is Entrata?

Founded in 2003, Entrata is the only comprehensive property management software provider with a single-login, open-access Platform as a Service (PaaS) system. Offering a wide variety of online tools including websites, mobile apps, payments, lease signing, accounting, and resident management, Entrata PaaS currently serves more than 20,000 apartment communities nationwide. Entrata’s open API and superior selection of third-party integrations offer management companies the freedom to choose the technology and software that best fit their needs.

Entrata Details

Entrata is a software that provides property management for the multifamily housing industry.

Entrata, Inc.
2003
Lehi, UT
@EntrataSoftware

Answer a few questions to help the Entrata community
Have you used Entrata before?

Entrata Reviews

Showing 50 Entrata reviews
Already have Entrata?
Senior Assistant Manager
Director of Marketing and CRM
What do you like best?

The platform easily follows the lead to lease process. We can follow a prospect from initial call to a resident move out statement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

System updates and bugs are frequent and cause behaviors to adapt more frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relevant information for prospective buyers in more relevant and timely manners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales & Marketing associate
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to have one software system for leasing, applications, renewals, work orders, payments, etc. It is pretty user friendly and it wasn't a heard transition from yardi and onsite to entrata. I think that the help guides are also very helpful. If you call the support team they are very helpful as well. Overall, I like that everything is in one place instead of going from one software to another, and hoping that is successfully syncs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you have to have all the buttons on to make sure it works smoothly. I have a hard time with certain parts of entrata because my company did not "purchase" everything apparently. We do not have access to sending bulk renewals which is a huge pain in the butt, and my teams are very aggravated with this and going into every single person's profile - especially when they have 900 residents at their property with the same move out date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it should be easier to submit a ticket and work with the entrata help team. Lots of times I think my team misses the responses they get from submitting a ticket and then they complain that it still isn't fixed. I think a two-way chat system would be more beneficial than the current situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paying rent, submitting applications, signing a lease, adding a guarantor, texting, sending emails to prospects and residents, emailing guarantors, creating guest cards, sending out renewal offers, countersigning renewal offers - SO MANY THINGS all having to do with leasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing and Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I love how Entrata can be integrated into every portion of a day in the life of property management. The communication between company and resident is almost seamless with this software's ability to quickly update all parties, send emails, mass alerts, scheduled followup, package notifications, etc. It's also extremely user friendly and makes training easy. Every tier of employee in our company is able to utilize entrata for their maximum benefit according to each specific job description. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I've had with entrata, which were easy to fix, were limited access options. Certain modules require a level of access that has to be manually granted, and it does make pulling reports, finalizing occupant information, and changing necessary information, and updating accounts touch difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Weigh the pro's and con's of implementing the software for your team. From what I have experienced, using the Entrata software has had many benefits for our team from billing, to e-documents, to packages and mail. I would confidently say it is worth the investment, and is easy to learn for any teams making the switch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrata integrated well with all tasks. Our associates are able to log calls and make notes in accounts that aid in record keeping, and are visible for all employees to access to guarantee the best customer service experience. Call tracking has made quality assurance easier as well with the ability to listen back and stay updated on all situations. Bulk Unit Assignments allows us to keep all information on the same platform, rather than having to use Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to send renewal offers to residents - I just learned about the software renewal system and set pricing has been very easy to do. I also like how everything is in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not having the premiums very accessible to add - a little tricky. I had to call to figure how to add premiums. I have had some issues with options like unfurnished or furnished when it comes to set pricing for renewals. They are working on a fix for this right now though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly suggest it if you are planning on using just one software. it is a lot of work using two different ones, and hoping they work well together. With entrata, customer service is great and any questions that come up are easily answered with a ticket or by calling the team at their main number. Very happy with it so far and look forward to learning more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

renewals, new leases, payments, applying, etc. Benefits are it is convenient. I like how easy maintenance requests are as well. I like how it is easy to upload pictures, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that Entrata is so user friendly. You could go in not knowing much (which I did when I first started using Entrata) and just being on the dashboard, you could easily find what you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would train more people in our company instead of our Entrata rep. This way when we have issues, like we currently do for our renewal tiers, we will be able to solve them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Entrata, I would go for it. It seems confusing from an outside prospective, but once you start using it, it is so easy to get under your belt! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to get in contact with our residents in a matter of seconds with mass emails and texting. Entrata makes it easy to create the different templates and send out things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The best part of Entrata for my particular job is their reporting section--every report provides valuable information presented in the most user friendly way. They listen to their customers by providing filters/upgrades on a consistent basis. Also, invoicing has become 100x easier due to their offsite invoice team, meaning all we have to do is bulk email Entrata our invoices and they will manually enter the information into the system for us to review and approve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tablet version of the program can be glitchy and unresponsive at times. This hasn't affected day to day operations significantly though. Other than that we have been impressed with the functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All property management software is similar but Entrata goes just a little bit further with features and customer service. I would recommend going out of your way to use those features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company outsourced some of our incoming calls to Entrata's call center due to high volume. The feedback from this switch made a huge difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing Consultant
What do you like best?

How much it helps us go "paperless". Allows residents to input everything they may need in one place and see it there. Applications are online and integrate with Yardi, payments are online and integrate with Yardi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The delay between Entrata and Yardi for new applications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the proper training. I haven't learned to LOVE entrata yet and I think it's because of my lack of training. I have a lot of friends in property management and they go through a lot of trainings with Entrata and they LOVE it. I want to get there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes my work much easier, it just takes so many steps out of MY day and allows for residents to do it on their own. Everything also integrates with Yardi so it allows us to see all necessary information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate, search feature works well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always sync to Yardi as it is supposed to. There have been times where charges double post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the FAQ's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Entrata to screen new applicants. This feature is very simple and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I like as the admin i have a dashboard that has all my properties on it at one shot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service and when you have issues majority of the time they have to send it to a different department which in return is usually days before you get it solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly don't see a lot of benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing Specialist
What do you like best?

The ease of processing payments and different payment options, access to lead information and online apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not that user friendly. The interface seems very dated to me. They could definitely do better on the that front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our company doesn't do trainings with/on Entrata I think if I had more training I would appreciate it more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The payment processing side definitely makes it easier, as for the online applications they are either great or horrible. Using the online apps sometimes creates more work for us as they are not required to fill in all fields and Entrata still allows them to submit it, then we have to follow up with them for the missing information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

System is easy to use for front end users. The ease of set up was nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Admin backed is clunky. Settings are moved during updates. Update information is not comprehensive at all. The set up may have been easy it took several months of work to get all the settings correct to ensure our teams has the right work flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More streamlined support - customer support- sales. There are too many products that do not overlap well. They system functions as many individuals rather than a solid system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to have a lead come in then interact from there to the moment they move out is seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Leasing -University Meadows-UMSL
What do you like best?

This is a one stop shop for most everything needed in my role. I can use it to keep track of applicants and then turn around and email residents all without ever leaving the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Changing to entrata was not fun at first. Despite having specific settings applied over and over we still had many issues with the auto generation of leases. Slowing down and ultimately hurting my leasing numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to delegate more duties to staff that before would have taken much more training. Entrata was very user friendly and when the system would function correctly it was easy to limit the ability of staff so we could trust they were only working within their scope of responsibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager at Campus1 MTL
What do you like best?

So user friendly and intuitive! I would highly recommend using this system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The only thing was that we were unable to use electronic leasing because of Canadian laws, that was the only downside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of tracking lease and payment information, so easy to communicate with your team through the notes section, all around great system for property management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has so many useful reports and does all the hard work for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to learn how to use effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice makes perfect and since my whole office uses it, someone use knows something I don’t and can help me learn faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing Specialist
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The ease and user friendly parts of this software are amazing. Before we got Entrata we had to open three websites to do everything we needed to do. Now we just have to open Entrata to talk to prospects, help out reaidents and send leases or any ither important documents over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we first switched over go Entrata there were a few problems. Including being unable to change the lease once it was sent. The lease was also missing important parts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the lease has all of your documents in it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of use and being able to do everythjng with just one software instead of three. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lease Up- Leasing Manager
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I love that when using Entrata, I can easily navigate around everything. Each sub task has its appropriate place and its super easy to find! I also love all that Entrata has to offer; it is legitimately a one stop shop for leasing. It records calls, tracks any reviews left on any other site, our leads and residents can be filtered in so many ways! It even keeps track of cancelled leads, just in case. When it comes to pulling data and reports, you have options of how you want it to be exported. I’m a spreadsheet junky, so knowing that I have the option to pull data directly into a spreadsheet is amazing! This is definitely my favorite system I’ve used in my 5 years of working in Leasing and Marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that when recording activity for a resident under an “incoming call”it doesn’t automatically put your name next to that activity. So anytime I record notes from an incoming call, I always have to include a Dash and my name. Sometimes I forget and we never know who took the call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just take your time and play around with it! I learn from doing, so take some free time and just get to. Clicking on things! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are no real business problems that Entrata helps with persay. But I have realized that having the FULL Entrata has been super beneficial in getting a lot of our jobs done all in one place! Another benefit is that it’s super easy to train others on using Entrata too! All about user friendly programs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Manager at Charles Williams REIC
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The way you can get to anything quickly. It is the best multi family software I have used. The email functions, the scheduled payments, reporting is super easy. I like how you can save your favorite reports, it makes close out so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That they charge the residents a $1.95 billing fee to use their checking account. I understand the need for charging for credit cards, but checking account should be free, especially for the patrons who enroll in automatic billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to companies that are in the market. I have used OneSite, Esite, Yardi, Entrata and Entrata is by far my favorite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Residents being able to pay their rent through scheduled monthly payments and sends automatic delinquency notices. This saves me so much time each month, not having to research who is late and write letters for each resident, then deliver to their door or email. It is very time efficient to have this feature. I also love the ease of sending mass emails and being able to choose a type of floorplan or floor level when sending emails. It makes it easy to target the correct residents without sending useless information to the entire property. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The software is, for the most part, extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. The activity log that documents every little move is extremely helpful. Nice to be able to see when a resident has seen or not seen an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After updates, things can be way different with no warning. Sometimes reports take hours to download. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to go almost completely paperless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that we are able to generate leases and renewal offers, email residents, upload lease files and process applications all in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when they did updates they would do more of a 'how to' on the updates. Usually they just tell you that an update happened and you have to guess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our company has a Help Desk that is suppose to help with Entrata questions. If you have the opportunity to have an actual Entrata rep instead I would recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are creating business with it. All of our leads, applicants and residents are in this software. It gives us the ability to only need one software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing Manager
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like that prospects and current residents are all in one site so you have less log in's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That there is two choices to renew a resident but only one is the "right way". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having leases that require e-signatures is a lot easier with people committing to signing leases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

I like how it houses all information regarding the property tenants including (payments, floorplan, notes, and lease document details). It ensures the property can effectively communicate and organize information. I really enjoyed going to just one place to find all the information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how it didn't have an option to show those who were transfer renewal tenants. If they did, it was very hard to find and it made the workflow slightly more difficult. Another downfall was there was no place to show people who were releting their unit or information on the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, it is apparently one of the better programs to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrata helped workflow easily when interacting with tenants and getting stuff done in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Entrata. Having used OneSite before, Entrata is much more user friendly and definitely easier to learn. I really enjoyed their training videos as well as the help feature. Our staff members enjoy all of the different reports that Entrata lets you pull, making our job easier one click at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever had an issue with is the updates. Sometimes they come at very inconvenient times when I am trying to work on the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrata helps me reach out to potential customers more consistently and I have seen an increase in how many returning customers we have from our follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

clean dashboard, easy to login, but very basic code that is likely outdated since others have reported glitches. I guess, due to issues, I really don't have anything good to say... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

error code for no reason when trying to change a rent amount and no customer service, # to call. 3 days after sending a screenshot of my error message, no response! In this day and age, this is unacceptable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

too many better options with more secure payment security. I would not use this software for renters with my comercial properties. I've submitted 2 requests to help with my error message (first request 3 days ago via email) no known number published for customer support. I would not recommend using this company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

paying buiness rent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

One great thing about Entrata is the clean dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when Entrata updates and does not let you know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized that the best benefit is being able to communicate with residents through text etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.