Entrata Reviews & Product Details

What is Entrata?

Founded in 2003, Entrata is the only comprehensive property management software provider with a single-login, open-access Platform as a Service (PaaS) system. Offering a wide variety of online tools including websites, mobile apps, payments, lease signing, accounting, and resident management, Entrata PaaS currently serves more than 20,000 apartment communities nationwide. Entrata’s open API and superior selection of third-party integrations offer management companies the freedom to choose the technology and software that best fit their needs.

Entrata Profile Details

1-41 of 41 total Entrata reviews

Entrata Reviews

1-41 of 41 total Entrata reviews
Leasing Consultant

"I think I have more to learn but so far, so good"

What do you like best?

How much it helps us go "paperless". Allows residents to input everything they may need in one place and see it there. Applications are online and integrate with Yardi, payments are online and integrate with Yardi.

What do you dislike?

The delay between Entrata and Yardi for new applications

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the proper training. I haven't learned to LOVE entrata yet and I think it's because of my lack of training. I have a lot of friends in property management and they go through a lot of trainings with Entrata and they LOVE it. I want to get there.

It makes my work much easier, it just takes so many steps out of MY day and allows for residents to do it on their own. Everything also integrates with Yardi so it allows us to see all necessary information.

Leasing Manager

"Super User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love that when using Entrata, I can easily navigate around everything. Each sub task has its appropriate place and its super easy to find! I also love all that Entrata has to offer; it is legitimately a one stop shop for leasing. It records calls, tracks any reviews left on any other site, our leads and residents can be filtered in so many ways! It even keeps track of cancelled leads, just in case. When it comes to pulling data and reports, you have options of how you want it to be exported. I’m a spreadsheet junky, so knowing that I have the option to pull data directly into a spreadsheet is amazing! This is definitely my favorite system I’ve used in my 5 years of working in Leasing and Marketing.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that when recording activity for a resident under an “incoming call”it doesn’t automatically put your name next to that activity. So anytime I record notes from an incoming call, I always have to include a Dash and my name. Sometimes I forget and we never know who took the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just take your time and play around with it! I learn from doing, so take some free time and just get to. Clicking on things!

There are no real business problems that Entrata helps with persay. But I have realized that having the FULL Entrata has been super beneficial in getting a lot of our jobs done all in one place! Another benefit is that it’s super easy to train others on using Entrata too! All about user friendly programs!

Leasing Agent - University Gate Apartments
Real Estate

"Work Experience with Entrata"

What do you like best?

When it comes to Entrata, my favorite feature is the quick search. It allows me to easily find the full name and unit number of a resident. Sometimes when I am in a rush or it's busy in the office, that makes all the difference.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the weekly updates and changes that the system does every week. Sometimes, the updates make things less efficient and more confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Entrata is a great way to keep organized and reach a large amount of people/customers. My company has been using it for a while, and there are many benefits to using this system.

I am not necessarily trying to solve any business problems, but rather use Entrata as a mechanism to store information and organize the names, information and unit number of residents for our apartment complex. It is definitely a useful tool to keep everything in proper order, and allows for efficient emailing, messaging and payment.

Property Manager at Charles Williams REIC
Real Estate

"Very user friendly, have used this product for many years."

What do you like best?

The way you can get to anything quickly. It is the best multi family software I have used. The email functions, the scheduled payments, reporting is super easy. I like how you can save your favorite reports, it makes close out so much easier!

What do you dislike?

That they charge the residents a $1.95 billing fee to use their checking account. I understand the need for charging for credit cards, but checking account should be free, especially for the patrons who enroll in automatic billing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to companies that are in the market. I have used OneSite, Esite, Yardi, Entrata and Entrata is by far my favorite.

Residents being able to pay their rent through scheduled monthly payments and sends automatic delinquency notices. This saves me so much time each month, not having to research who is late and write letters for each resident, then deliver to their door or email. It is very time efficient to have this feature. I also love the ease of sending mass emails and being able to choose a type of floorplan or floor level when sending emails. It makes it easy to target the correct residents without sending useless information to the entire property.

Leasing Specialist
Real Estate

"Entrata at Polo Club Apartments"

What do you like best?

The ease and user friendly parts of this software are amazing. Before we got Entrata we had to open three websites to do everything we needed to do. Now we just have to open Entrata to talk to prospects, help out reaidents and send leases or any ither important documents over.

What do you dislike?

When we first switched over go Entrata there were a few problems. Including being unable to change the lease once it was sent. The lease was also missing important parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the lease has all of your documents in it!

The ease of use and being able to do everythjng with just one software instead of three.

Leasing Specialist

"Makes things a bit easier"

What do you like best?

The ease of processing payments and different payment options, access to lead information and online apps.

What do you dislike?

It's not that user friendly. The interface seems very dated to me. They could definitely do better on the that front.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our company doesn't do trainings with/on Entrata I think if I had more training I would appreciate it more.

The payment processing side definitely makes it easier, as for the online applications they are either great or horrible. Using the online apps sometimes creates more work for us as they are not required to fill in all fields and Entrata still allows them to submit it, then we have to follow up with them for the missing information.

Leasing and marketing candidate
Real Estate

"Growing pains hurt but still better than others "

What do you like best?

This is a one stop shop for most everything needed in my role. I can use it to keep track of applicants and then turn around and email residents all without ever leaving the system.

What do you dislike?

Changing to entrata was not fun at first. Despite having specific settings applied over and over we still had many issues with the auto generation of leases. Slowing down and ultimately hurting my leasing numbers.

The ability to delegate more duties to staff that before would have taken much more training. Entrata was very user friendly and when the system would function correctly it was easy to limit the ability of staff so we could trust they were only working within their scope of responsibility.

"Good replacement"

What do you like best?

System is easy to use for front end users. The ease of set up was nice.

What do you dislike?

Admin backed is clunky. Settings are moved during updates. Update information is not comprehensive at all. The set up may have been easy it took several months of work to get all the settings correct to ensure our teams has the right work flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More streamlined support - customer support- sales. There are too many products that do not overlap well. They system functions as many individuals rather than a solid system.

The ability to have a lead come in then interact from there to the moment they move out is seamless.

Leasing Professional at Alexan on Krog
(10,001+ employees)

"User Friendly Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can handle everything from submitting an app, to screening, and lease generation.

What do you dislike?

I wish that my company did not limit the actions we are able to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool to keep all of the information in one place starting with the application process, through approval, and once they are a resident. We upload all documenets (app, proof of income, renter's insurance, etc...) which allows us to be paperless. Also, Entrata integrates with several ILS to keep pricing and specials updated.

It keeps us more organized by have everything in once place as well as keeping all documents uploaded allowing us to be paperless.

CM

"Great CA Tool "

What do you like best?

I like how it houses all information regarding the property tenants including (payments, floorplan, notes, and lease document details). It ensures the property can effectively communicate and organize information. I really enjoyed going to just one place to find all the information.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how it didn't have an option to show those who were transfer renewal tenants. If they did, it was very hard to find and it made the workflow slightly more difficult. Another downfall was there was no place to show people who were releting their unit or information on the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, it is apparently one of the better programs to use.

Entrata helped workflow easily when interacting with tenants and getting stuff done in a timely manner.

Community Manager
Real Estate

"Good but need improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard feature and how everything is front and center.

What do you dislike?

Their tech support team doesn't read support tickets and asks redundant questions that have already been answered in the request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was used to using OneSite and the transition was difficult at first. There are still items I miss from OneSite but I know Entrata is implementing new features all the time. Definitely take the time to get the proper training.

We use Entrata for property management. The software is good but they are new and still working out some bugs.

Sales And Leasing Agent

"Entrata Software"

What do you like best?

We love Entrata software because it's SO much easier to do a financial move-in and move-out. Refunds are a breeze in comparison to what we were using prior. Ledgers are easier to read and understand. Student housing can be a beast with leasing, and Entrata eased the messy burden.

What do you dislike?

The glitches when random tenants are pre-charged rent prior to the due date and they all call freaking out, or when the system shows the entire semester's rent due, and every month, they can't tell what they actually owe.

Unit transfers are difficult as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mass emails are so much faster now as well. Work orders don't have to be printed out on hard copy and floating all around. It makes everything smoother for the tenants and us.

"Entrata Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Entrata. Having used OneSite before, Entrata is much more user friendly and definitely easier to learn. I really enjoyed their training videos as well as the help feature. Our staff members enjoy all of the different reports that Entrata lets you pull, making our job easier one click at a time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever had an issue with is the updates. Sometimes they come at very inconvenient times when I am trying to work on the system.

Entrata helps me reach out to potential customers more consistently and I have seen an increase in how many returning customers we have from our follow up.

UR

"Great product for online leasing and unit assignments"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn, intuitive. When utilized in its full capacity the bulk unit assignments feature is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Experienced many bugs in the system. There have been times where I have not been able to trust the bulk unit assignment board, or residents and guarantors have gotten switched around and information lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have experienced a lot of glitches which have been very frustrating. If Entratas full functionality is utilized I think that it can be really great and useful, but I don't fully trust its reliability because of the glitches I have experienced.

Unit assignments are easier when the full functionality is used, as long as it doesn't glitch.

"Great for communication and activity tracking"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to send mass communication via email to residents in our community. I like that we can upload and post rent all within the same application, and can have it sync with Yardi ledgers easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to search AR payments of residents/prospects at times.

It is helpful to be able to upload checks and post them directly to residents. It syncs well with Yardi, so we are able to see if rent has mistakenly been accepted via personal check, when a resident has been restricted to paying with certified funds only.

Assistant Community Director

"Not my favorite"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about Entrata other than the fact that it enables me to take payments

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. I'm not sure if it's just how we use it within our company or if I need further information on what all I can use it for but I don't enjoy using it.

None, it creates more problems than it solves.

"Entrata "

What do you like best?

clean dashboard, easy to login, but very basic code that is likely outdated since others have reported glitches. I guess, due to issues, I really don't have anything good to say...

What do you dislike?

error code for no reason when trying to change a rent amount and no customer service, # to call. 3 days after sending a screenshot of my error message, no response! In this day and age, this is unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

too many better options with more secure payment security. I would not use this software for renters with my comercial properties. I've submitted 2 requests to help with my error message (first request 3 days ago via email) no known number published for customer support. I would not recommend using this company

paying buiness rent

Relocation Specialist

"Leasing Consultant"

What do you like best?

The lead tracking / prospect dash board. The leasing process is very streamlined, starting from the online application. The approval process is seamless.

What do you dislike?

Entrata did not integrate with Blue Moon forms, which was our lease generating software.

The lead / prospect dashboard has an option to mass-email and text prospects. When this is done, a time stamp is added to the activity stating who the agent is, and when this took place. It made it easy to stay competitive, while ensuring all traffic was being followed up with.

"Great as a catch all software!"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to generate leases and renewal offers, email residents, upload lease files and process applications all in one place

What do you dislike?

I wish that when they did updates they would do more of a 'how to' on the updates. Usually they just tell you that an update happened and you have to guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our company has a Help Desk that is suppose to help with Entrata questions. If you have the opportunity to have an actual Entrata rep instead I would recommend it.

We are creating business with it. All of our leads, applicants and residents are in this software. It gives us the ability to only need one software.

Maintenance Technician

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The organization of work orders! On the go ability while out on property! I can check work orders and look up residents!

What do you dislike?

Needs a mobile app for phones not just tablet, but the mobile site works fine

Mainly work orders and make ready. We keep up to date on it all so we can get everything done quick

UR

"User friendly and functional but often loads slowly"

What do you like best?

The software is, for the most part, extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. The activity log that documents every little move is extremely helpful. Nice to be able to see when a resident has seen or not seen an email.

What do you dislike?

After updates, things can be way different with no warning. Sometimes reports take hours to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

We have been able to go almost completely paperless.

Sales and Marketing Manager
Real Estate

"Quick to learn, easy to use, saves lots of time with reports"

What do you like best?

The amount of reports I can choose from

What do you dislike?

The password changing so often (forcing that actually messes with individuals who change all their passwords at the same time

Mass emails. Saves time when messaging all residents. It's very convenient.

Financial Manager

"I simply don't like Entrata"

What do you like best?

I only like that I can accept payments and online applications with the help of their software

What do you dislike?

basically everything. It's slow, it works on and off. I just HATE It (a lot)

accept electronic and payments via card as well as applications online

General Manager at Campus1 MTL

"Love this system"

What do you like best?

So user friendly and intuitive! I would highly recommend using this system

What do you dislike?

Not much. The only thing was that we were unable to use electronic leasing because of Canadian laws, that was the only downside.

Ease of tracking lease and payment information, so easy to communicate with your team through the notes section, all around great system for property management

"Works well with Yardi"

What do you like best?

I like that Estrada syncs with Yardi for leads, prospects, residents, and past residents. It keeps everyone organized and its very customizable

What do you dislike?

I wish we were able to see how much people put their auto-pay as when they sign up for that feature.I also wish that we could customize the email template a little more when we send out things to residents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it makes my job easier having this software sync with so many others. It is easy to use and I didn''t need too much training on it

We are able to send out leases online (syncs with blue moon) and it gives us the ability to send emails to residents much easier.

"Excellent "

What do you like best?

Entrata has streamlined and simplified the leasing process from start to finish for me. I really enjoy the efficiency of the model. Running reports has never been easier. Everything has its kinks, but overall I would recommend Entrata and feel confident saying it will be the best thing for a management company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reports do not run correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Leasing is simple. From start to finish, everything is one place.

UR

"Entrata is great for student housing!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Entrata is super helpful for bulk placements. I have not found another management software that is so great for student housing.

What do you dislike?

Entrata can be glitchy and a pain sometimes. For instances, sometimes if you have two accounts open at once, it changes the account you are working on!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for student housing!

Entrata is great for roommate matching. It helps since I do not have to place each person by hand based on their interests.

"Useful and makes my job easier "

What do you like best?

It has so many useful reports and does all the hard work for me.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to learn how to use effectively.

Practice makes perfect and since my whole office uses it, someone use knows something I don’t and can help me learn faster.

Executive Assistant

"Unified Platform"

What do you like best?

I love how this program unifies all the other programs we use at each of our properties

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site can be slow and frustrates both residents and clients

We are ensuring that all our sites are consistent and are on one platform... Entrata has allowed our properties to use a site with ease that contains all their services, accounting, utilities, etc.

Leasing Manager

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I like that prospects and current residents are all in one site so you have less log in's.

What do you dislike?

That there is two choices to renew a resident but only one is the "right way".

Having leases that require e-signatures is a lot easier with people committing to signing leases.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive Entrata is. The design is bold and clean, making it easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Entrata is not a one-stop shop. We also have to use Yardi and the two systems do not always sync correctly.

We use Entrata for leasing and following up with leads. It is much cleaner and easier than Yardi, making our time more efficient

AR

"I'ev always had a good experience with the products since back in the Prop Solutions days. "

What do you like best?

Their support staff is always more than willing to work through any issues.

What do you dislike?

Generally pretty satisfied. Entrata has always been very responsive in resolving any issue that we've had.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd highly recommend using Entrata's features that we used, which is limited to e-payments and online applications.

We use many Entrata products from guest cards, to online leases, to the e-payment portal.

"Less than Average"

What do you like best?

Lots of robust features for managing residents, leads, properties, etc.

What do you dislike?

Too many features. Customer service is NOT GOOD.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you research. There are other competitors out there. With the recent Yardi lawsuit, Entrata took a major hit.

Property management — managing residents: maintenance requests, rent, etc.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy using entrata- I enjoy how user friends it is!!

What do you dislike?

There are constant updates and often ones that don’t make the leasing process more efficient

It helps us to manage our lead and resident activity effectively

"Great student housing property management software "

What do you like best?

Ease of use for properties of all experience levels.

What do you dislike?

Support system could be better when it comes to helping the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best of all worlds.

Streamlines.