Toggl Track Reviews & Product Details

Toggl Track Overview

What is Toggl Track?

Toggl is an online tracking too for freelancers, consultants, and small companies. It allows users to track the time spent on projects and analyze productivity.

Toggl Track Details

Toggl
2007
Tallinn, Estonia
@toggl
160 Twitter followers

Toggl Track Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Toggl Track community
Have you used Toggl Track before?

Toggl Track Reviews

Showing 1,373 Toggl Track reviews
Showing 1,373 reviews
Already have Toggl Track?
Sales Director
What do you like best?

It's really simple to use and helps you to track the time dedicated to a certain client, project or activity without the complexities of other time tracking software.

Toggl offers you to track the time in Projects, Clients and Tags, so you can create your own classifications.

Recently they added a new Calendar view in with you can easily import meetings from your calendar as Time Records in the case you forgot to start your timer.

I mainly use the web app, but they offer you desktop and mobile apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I used the mobile app for Android some time ago, but they had problems syncing the time entries, so I stopped using it, but maybe those problems are solved at this time, simply I cannot confirm because I don't use the mobile app anymore since most of the time I spend tracking is in from on my computer.

When you forgot to stop the timer, they email you, but I think It would be great if they implement something like "Are you still there?" functionality and if you don't confirm, the timer stops, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company we have different products and clients, with the monthly reports I can easily assign the time spent in each one of our clients and products, so we can calculate the ROI in a more efficient way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Présidente
What do you like best?

La fonctionnalité Timeline sur l'appli PC, qui permet de retrouver ce qu'on a fait si par hasard on avait oublié de tracker son temps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rien pour l'instant, à ce stade je n'ai trouvé que des avantages à Toggl Track Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Je n'ai pas un business où l'on facture son temps à la minute, mais j'ai besoin de savoir combien de temps je passe à traiter l'administratif, l'administration des ventes, la compta, etc etc. J'ai aussi plusieurs activités professionnelles que je mène en parallèle, et je dois changer de "casquette" plusieurs fois dans la journée. Toggl Track me permet, en fin de semaine, de savoir combien d'heures j'ai passé sous telle ou telle casquette.

Je trouve aussi très motivant, enfin, de voir vraiment le temps de travail que j'abat dans une journée, et depuis que je recours à Toggl Track, je suis plus efficace qu'avant, comme dans une forme de challenge avec moi-même. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Toggl Track
Strategic Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

Ease of use, reports, ability to create tags and multiple projects per client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't actually found anything I dislike so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are growing your business and need to have a clear understanding of and control over your work hours for which you bill, this is an excellent, fairly intuitive tool. It has helped me manage my work hours and project hours, develop new proposals with an understanding of how long certain projects actually do require to complete, and to allocate my resources properly per client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to better manage my time on client projects. I wasn't sure sometimes how long it actually took me to work on certain things. This is helping me develop proposals for similar projects more easily, because I know how much time to assign my fees to. the reports are good. They keep me on track weekly and monthly and also provide justification when I need to adjust or true-up time and invoicing for client projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UXL
What do you like best?

With Toggle Track which I've been using since 2017 keeping an eye on productivity is EASY. Between their apps and website I have all my bases covered and keeping track of my work is a synch. I loved it so much I have my whole team using it and we leverage it to average time on task. It has helped us estimate better, forecast better, and also figure out where to course correct. We can always use it as a way to see what we spent out time on and to check if that was a rewarding endeavor. I simply love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be hard to review items historically if you want to look back past a year or so. But this is usually something I can get around with good planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Estimation, forecasting, productivity, work-life balance management all of those things are much better now that we have the data from Toggl Track to make sense of things. It's even solved for "Why did this sprint suck?" and questions like that. Because we can see recurring themes and have a sense for our work in numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eng teacher
What do you like best?

-Time track

-a lot of projects (more than 25)))

-colors

-design

-easy

-multiplatform (mob app, soft, google app, website))

I think it really helps me as a freelancer to see my real results and what each project really takes. So later I am able to estimate how much time the new project will consume. Also, it`s really embarrassing to see how much time I waste on media\mails so I become more mindful and aware of my time killers and it helps me to avoid these issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don`t know. Maybe there were some issues with log in earlier, but now they are fixed as I see. So I have no clue what write here)) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Amo toggle, lo uso en mi vida diaria, siempre había buscado un servicio que me permitiera medir mi tiempo y saber como optimizarlo, pero encontraba sistemas buenos, pero que le faltaban características que a toggle lo hace único y una de ellas es que es gestionado en la nube entonces tu puedes iniciar a gestionar el tiempo de un proyecto de una tarea o de un proceso en la computadora y puedes finalizarla en el celular o en la tablet o viceversa . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Casi no hay nada que no me guste, su equipo lo está haciendo genial, si tuviera que buscar un detalle, es que cuando utilizas el contador flotante en mobile y lo finalizas, tiene un lag que no lo finaliza, y tienes que abrir forzosamente la app para y esperar a que se sincroniza para que puedas cerrarla con éxito Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gestiono mis proyectos y los de mis colaboradores, se cuanto pagarles y cuanto tiempo trabajo cada uno de ellos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Owner
What do you like best?

The options to have it where I am working, either in the chrome browser, or in the android phone with an easy to use gadget, make using it, a real easy thing. The reports are simple to understand and show the results that I am looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When using it in the chrome browser and the android at the same time, it has a lag to update the android gadget, and sometimes it keeps on running while it was already turned off in one of the platforms. Seems like a bug or maybe something related to the way it has to work, not sure yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try with the free option, it will help you get a better understanding of ways to use it and benefit your daily tasks/projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking the time I am putting into starting my consulting practice, shows me how much time I am assigning, which is a good help to understand what kind of effort is going into the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Toggl Track is so easy to keep track of several different hourly projects. I get paid hourly to do web work and need to keep track of my own hours and be able to submit them in an attractive, simple format. It is great for that and allows me to adjust the times for when I didn't "clock on" when my real start time was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The browser format is visually pretty different than the app, I wish they were a little closer in visual appearance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Toggl Track for any contractor needing to record timesheets and to any employer needing to keep track of employees hours. It is simple, with a nice user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of having to write down or create a spreadsheet on my own, I can use toggl track to track hours and it keeps them all for me should I want to compare months, weeks, etc.

I am no longer needing to invent my own timesheets to submit, it's a one-stop-shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Developer
What do you like best?

Simple, no bugs, organized. I can't think of anything to be added to it, honestly. It has all that I need for my time tracking. The most important thing to me is that I can organize my work by project and by client, plus I can see how I tracked my time in a certain time period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm just going to write some random words since there is nothing missing in this software, but the review requires this field :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves my "empty time" problem because it's easy to reach when I want to start/stop the tracking. Also, I can give my client or supervisor a perfect overview of my work, so I can get paid directly. Also, it stops the time if I'm inactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

I like how it constantly nags me to track my time while I am on my PC. I just hit play and it's tracking me. I also like how it knows when I am not using the PC and stops the timer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had the ability to know what App I was using so I know what app I am spending my overall time on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Two things that I think is much better than other time tracking apps are

1) Simple and Clean UI

2) It syncs across multiple devices and OS's.

3) The free stuff is more than enough for the average user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am tracking the time I have spent on my PC working on various projects. I also like the Visualization it gives of your time. The app also has a clean UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VA
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up new projects and tasks. I like being able to see my time split down to task since I charge differently for different tasks. I also like how easy it is to change between projects. The best thing however is the reminder when I appear idle, makes it so easy to log phone calls to the right client. I couldn't live without toggle now that I'm used to it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it adds my idle time during night so it looks like I have worked for 24+ hours on something. I'm sure it is my fault but haven't found how to make it stop doing that. However it is not that hard to correct if I just could remember when I ended my day :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to track your time this is your tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to see reports of which customer and what project I have worked on in both monthly and weekly view is so helpful. I use it both to make sure I have a work/life balance and spend the correct amount of time at the screen as well as for billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP, Engineering
What do you like best?

Toggle is very easy to get started with and asks very little to begin tracking a task. This helps me keep focused on the task and I can add details later. When using the desktop app I receive helpful prompts to track my time (if I am not already) and the web app has a great time line feature to help me remember what I was doing if I forgot to track my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had the occasional issue with syncing between the desktop and mobile app and I feel there are some design quirks on the mobile app that take a bit of getting used to (e.g. manually setting the time for a task is a bit funky). Toggl is very flexible and allows you to manually enter/change any time range and for some that may not be desirable. I wish toggle would prevent overlapping time entries (or at least prompt me if I've done that on accident). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are tracking our teams allocation of effort. We're not using it for billing and we don't care down to the minute how much time is spent on tasks; more high level like "how much time did we spend on product development this month?". Using tags and a simple process for task names we can quickly match up time spent with our tickets in JIRA and produce hugely helpful reports to answer these kinds of questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Attorney
What do you like best?

I love the desktop mini-tracker. It's a lawyer's dream come true. Being able to start and stop and continue projects so quickly and just copy and paste the information into my client's billing software is amazing. I recommend this to absolutely every single new associate who comes to the firm and have used it for years since I found it - 4 firms ago. It is extremely easy to use, the full print out detailed reports are very helpful. Also being able to enter past time in minute increments (ex: .6) is great for a lawyer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I literally don't have any complaints. This is a wonderful product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. There's no reason not to. I recommend it to my colleagues and friends. It simplifies everything. User interface is pleasant and easy to navigate. You can easily edit time and labels if needed. The program is just seamlessly simple and effective. This also removes the necessity to fill out and submit time sheets. You can just print out the report from the site. Being able to select different projects makes it even simpler and it gives a good snapshot of your work day. I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer have to write down every time I switch between tasks. I can start stop a project and then start a call and then start right back up with the project and track it all easily right on my screen. This cuts hours out of entering my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's simple, free and helps me track all my projects (business and personal). I love that I can track various projects throughout the day. It sends me weekly email reports that helps me see how I'm spending my time, what areas are taking up most of my time and it helps me prioritize as well as project my time management better.

I work on various projects and finally I found something that helps me manage all the madness in one easy location.

Sometimes when I forget to turn off the timer, I get email reminders and I love that even more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

TBH I love it and haven't really found reasons to dislike it. I've been using it for several weeks now and find it super user friendly. My husband actually introduced me to this tool because he also found it super useful and valuable and thought I would too.

I'm tracking so many projects, I think I will need more color options as the time goes by. This might be a feature for the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try it. I already recommended it to my friends and encouraged my colleagues to use it as well. It's a great tool for entrepreneurs and startup teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to track my projects, my time, and bill clients more accurately.

I have my own company and COVID has really impacted our business and our revenue streams. Finding this free tool has been a lifesaver. We also do a lot of volunteering projects that require lots of time management and toggl track helps me manage business, personal and non-profit work all in one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Health Design & Communication Consultant
What do you like best?

Lots of options to categorize the work I'm doing. Excellent reporting capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly it's hard to think of something....I just sat here staring at the box and couldn't come up with anything. I really really love Toggl. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I understand how much time to bill my hourly clients for. i can break down the numbers however they like -- by week, by project, by year... all by clicking a few buttons.

For project-based work, I can track how much time it takes me and make sure I'm billing appropriately.

I can also see what my weekly hourly capacity is as a freelancer. I was also briefly tracking time spent on creative work/personal growth when I was trying to bump up those aspects of my life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am a Virtual Assistant and my company uses Toggl Track whenever we are working on clients' projects for billing purposes. Toggl Track is a very easy tool to use and in the one year I have used it, they have made so much improvements. I am on the free version and I find it's very easy to track time, create projects, describe what you are working on, for collaborating with teams, and finally simple and straightforward to generate and download reports. It also allows for expansion so as your team grows you can move to the paid version. I would recommend to any business that relies on timesheets or in this era and going forward where most people are working from home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with the software so far on the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a tool easy to use. I have already recommended it to companies who now use it, and I will continue to recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most important is our employees' welfare and providing flexibility in these difficult times. Our team has had to adapt around working with their children, pets, and caring for others, and the time tracking just makes it easier for them to work around other tasks their life demands.

I work from home and provide virtual administration services to clients. These are traditional administration duties and it is easier to bill a client based on the time used other than per project basis.

Our team work from home as well, it is easier to manage everyone when they can show what they were working on in what instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systemutvecklare
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is do use, perhaps some stuff that could be improved with writing in time. But I don't know how it should be implemented. I mostly use the app from my phone, but when creating the reports of what I have done during the months, I use the webpage on my laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't noticed anything I dislike during my 3 years of use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get started with it! It is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm just using the timetrack with the integration to Bokio to keep track of the time and working and import it to the invoice. Makes it very convenient to use when creating the invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jr. Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I love how simple and intuitive it is to learn and use. It also has pretty strong analysis tools to review where you're spending the most time over the course of weeks or months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a Toggl desktop app in the future! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using Toggl for over a year now (as an independent user, not associated with my company) as a tool to help me stay focused, as I have ADHD and it's easy for me to stray from my work plan for the day or to spend an inordinate amount of time on something I didn't mean to. Toggl has made me more organized, more productive, and more confident in my ability to have successful days at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer / Consultant