Slack Reviews & Product Details


What is Slack?

Slack is your single workspace that connects you with the people and tools you work with everyday, no matter where you are or what you do. With Slack you get real-time messaging through calls and chat, a searchable record of all your files and conversations, and integrations with a growing number of handy bots and apps. Now everyone can finally be on the same page and get their work done. Slack: It’s where work happens.

Write a Review

Slack Screenshots


Slack Profile Details

Slack Profile Details

Provided by:

Provided by:
Holly Chen

Website
slack.com
Related Links
Q&A
Languages Supported
English
Vendor
Slack Technologies, Inc.
Company Website
Year Founded
2009
HQ Location
San Francisco, CA
LinkedIn® Page
www.linkedin.com
Employees on LinkedIn®
1,792
Twitter
@SlackHQ
Twitter Followers
396,938
Show moreShow fewer

Companies Using Slack

Cisco
Microsoft
IBM
Salesforce
General Electric
Adobe
Google
Amazon
VMware
Intuit
ADP
LinkedIn

Slack Reviews

Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
Sort by
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
All Industries
Review Type
Write a Review
1-50 of 16693 total Slack reviews

Slack Reviews

Write a Review
Filter By
Review Type

Connections
Show reviews that mention
1-50 of 16693 total Slack reviews
AM
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Most Recent Slack Video Review
Copy Review URL
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 scores.

"Its professional"

Copy Review URL
Copy Review URL
Sergei Garcia - Sr. Software Engineer
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The imperfect king of work communication."

What do you like best?

Slack has established itself as the undebatable king of workplace communication by providing unparalleled cross compatibility across devices, robust features appealing to developers, as well as immense extensibility. There is no other tool I'd rather use than Slack at 99% of my projects.

What do you dislike?

Being a web based app, Slack has considerable performance problems, even in high end machines like top of the lines Macbook Pros. This fact is made worse by the fact Slack paid plans are surprisingly expensive. Being web based was great at the start as it's cheaper to maintain, but Slack's creators seriously need to consider re-making the app from the ground up natively.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the web app! It runs much faster and less resource intensive than the desktop app, which is a shame.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Most workplace communication tools always suffered from a plethora of issues that are critical to developers, from code syntax highlighting, to superb platform cross compatibility, to 3rd party integrations. Slack solves all of this in spades.

Copy Review URL
Senior Software Engineer
Enterprise
(1001-5000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Con Slack puedes planificar mejor tus proyecto en equipo!"

What do you like best?

Slack es fácil de configurar y comenzar a usar el primer día. Desde una perspectiva administrativa, es sencillo configurar los usuarios y los niveles de permisos. Los nuevos usuarios apreciarán que la interfaz es bastante intuitiva y que la personalización de las notificaciones lleva solo unos minutos. Los usuarios avanzados disfrutarán aprovechando los accesos directos, las integraciones con otras herramientas y las funciones de automatización adicionales.

Las mejores razones para usar Slack de mi experiencia son:

1. Una lista de integraciones de aplicaciones que parece crecer día a día.

2. La creación de canales para proyectos o equipos específicos puede eliminar la necesidad de tener reuniones en persona.

3.Posee la capacidad de buscar y revisar conversaciones pasadas

What do you dislike?

Una de las cosas que me preocupa de Slack es que de vez en cuando la aplicación móvil Slack terminará inesperadamente, aunque en actualizaciones recientes lo hace con menos frecuencia. Tampoco me gusta el hecho de que las conversaciones privadas no sean realmente privadas, ya que las empresas tienen la capacidad de solicitar a Slack para esos registros. Lo obtengo por razones de cumplimiento, pero ten en cuenta que las conversaciones privadas nunca son privadas. El flujo de trabajo de la IU de búsqueda no es el más intuitivo, solo deberían optar por alguna búsqueda universal en lugar de organizar los resultados de búsqueda por tipo. . .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nuestro equipo apenas ha comenzado a rayar la superficie de todas las funciones incluidas con Slack. Recomiendo usar la versión de prueba gratuita para familiarizarse con el software.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Slack me ha permitido comunicarme con mis colegas o equipos de trabajo de una manera mucho más directa es sin duda estupendo porque funciona de una manera más cómoda y tiene todo a mano sin la necesidad de que ese equipo esté necesariamente en persona, ya que no importa dónde.

Usted tiene acceso a esta herramienta y comparte con sus colegas los planes para un proyecto y más, puede desarrollarlos de manera satisfactoria.

Copy Review URL
Web Developer
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack is one of the best for big teams! "

What do you like best?

One of the things my team and I loved about Slack is how easy os to understand and manage because of its interface. Also, is great to integrate with tools like Google Drive and stay alert of any chat. Notifications are in real-time, without any delay and you can personalize your own account even working in teams. One of ots great features are threats and hashtags (yes, like Twitter) because those features have helped me and my team to stay connected with our more human part, having fun while working (and makes simple the process of looking useful information).

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Slack is NOTHING!

For real, I think it has a great price for its multiple features and even has a free trial if anyone wants to test it. Even though, when you're starting using Slack may be times that you'll need tutorials or a little bit of training to fully approach each feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before making a full purchase, try this software. I think that for me and my teams' needs is one of the best to get for its price.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

My team needed to be working as we were just one person beacuse we work with Support Team and sometimes because if our knowlegde we need to split clients between us. But because of some complex cases and privacy we act like just one person and Slack allow us to help each client without any misinformation or mistake.

Copy Review URL
Paid Media Buyer
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Works Well, Not My Favorite App"

What do you like best?

It accomplishes what it needs to accomplish with messaging and file transfers. Pretty straight forward to use, not very complicated structure or capabilities.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to be signed into multiple workspaces at a time, they have to all be opened in different tabs. You can only have so many direct messages at a time before previous ones are removed from your DM Easy Access List, which can be a hassle on a big team. The channels work well, but I wish there was more flexibility in organizing them into folders and collapsible structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a pretty standard application for messaging and communications. It's worth it for the ease of use, but I think there are others out there with better capabilities if you're looking for something with more control to create your own set-up as an individual user.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easy to have a company-wide messaging system, easy to find people through email or name, easy to search messages for a specific topic, easy to transfer small files.

Copy Review URL
Slack Amazing Communicating Medium
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack Amazing Medium of Communication"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Slack is that its free tool, where it gives the ability to get work done on a way which gives you freedom of maintaining your daily routine easy with it, It allows to share content which may be of different kinds like File of document type or Image file or the textual content.

The mentioning people makes its one of best tool to notify the selected people in crowed of lot of people in the same channel.

Creating team and channel is so easy to maintain different project at the same time with different or same team mates.

What do you dislike?

Slack is very impressive tool but one think which I don't like they delete your messages after you cross 10000 limit, they should give the option of backup of old messages before deleting it, otherwise its nice tool to use to get done your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommended to everyone who want's to get rid of using old method of maintain the daily task in office or in other work of life, it helps you to manage and share content over the channel to lot of different people who are connect with you in the same channel.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Sharing the content over same medium now become easier with teammates, and mentioning people is one of the best tool.

It also allows to create multiple channels of different projects and maintain the related teammate, gives authenticity related to its position.

Slack also allows to integrate with other apps to use in the same app, like Google Drive, Google Docs and lot of other apps we can connect.

To follow up things now become easier with its daliyup plugin which notify automatically to users of same channel mates, and it generate the report of it , with which we can get the perfect KPI to grow business and find out loophole in the system.

Copy Review URL
Office Manager and Sales Support
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Keeps You Connected "

What do you like best?

Slack is a nice tool for quick communication. We do not use the product internally, but with outside contacts in our re-seller channel. I started using slack when our account manager asked us to be part of his team as this was an easy way for him to communicate and tend to things without them getting lost in an email. I like how easy it is to use and it reminds me of the good AOL Instant Messenger days. It's nice that you can set your availability and on my end, even nicer that you can push a message through even if they are away if something is time sensitive. It's nice that the app doesn't need to be open to receive alerts too!

What do you dislike?

I found the setup/organization of the account to be odd, as well as how you set up channels with a "#". It feels a little old school in the setup style, but that is just personal preference/taste.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on your needs, it is worth a try!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

For us, this solves a major communication issue and gives us quick access to external contacts. It's nice to be able to send a quick chat and not create a new email thread for simple requests.

Copy Review URL
Photoshop the Designing Tool
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack A tool to Communicate with Team"

What do you like best?

Slack gives the ability to communicate with the team mates very easy manner, the best thing about this is it has the server side backup of all the chats videos audio files and all the stuff.

Slack works with cross platform, and it is free to get work done with few features missing. which is not bad to get the free services.

Slack works smoothly on web as well as on application view, its easy to manage flow makes it productive tool for people who struggle to mange things properly and manage lot of messages related to work.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that they delete the old messages if it cross the 10000 message limit , they should give an option to manage chats or channels which are not important or which are not opened so long, otherwise its good tool to communicate with colleague.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommended Slack to any startup or any small team who wan't to keep track of their daily routine related to project work.

It ease the flow of software development if you are part of IT industry. Its good use this software which is cross platform you can use it on Web, Mobile and Desktop application, and best thing is that it works perfectly smooth around all the platforms.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

First problem is managing 100 of messages become easy with this Slack.

It gives the facility to manage the data easily and share with multiple format like text image audio video and document.

Copy Review URL
Software Developer
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack is a great tool to communicate at work."

What do you like best?

Since I use Slack for several years I think I can say that the best of all is the organization of the chat and how they make users interact with each other through tags, being able to mention user or channels using the wildcards of the application. The interface of the application is also one of its strengths since everything is organized in an efficient way so finding any option is a simple task.

The application is also available on different platforms so that we can use it in our mobile phone, browser, tablet and Windows. Personally I recommend using the Windows version to work since it is more stable in my opinion. As an alternative you can also use the application in the web browser.

What do you dislike?

Personally I have not found any major problems in the operation of the application, just something that does not end up liking me too much and it is the color of the theme of the application, I would like it to be possible to change it so that I could use a darker theme so as not to tire view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The use of Slack in our business has made our work more efficient and therefore we can work faster in our company, I personally recommend it for work teams with a lot of personnel that need a means to communicate with easily accessible tools.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Slack we have managed to fix and improve the communication of our work teams since currently using slack they have different communication options to solve the problems that arise at work (Audio, Video and Text). Although currently the most common way to communicate is through text since the user can not always respond to the request and through text can be answered at any time.

Copy Review URL
Marketing Coordinator
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack is an amazing chat system."

What do you like best?

What I really like about Slack is that it can be integrated with a large number of people, you can share photos, URLs, attachments and even gif, in a single tool. Apart from all this, if I do not have the computer at hand, I can access through your website and continue to respond to messages from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I have thoroughly verified many aspects of this magnificent tool, and until now I have not found any negative aspect to highlight, I can mention with great accuracy that in the years that I have using its services, I have only seen progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slack is excellent for companies that want to normalize their internal communication, provide more confidence and dexterity, this tool is an excellent option, adjust to it is fast, its imprementación is simple. If you have a company with a large number of employees or branches in different sites, or if you simply need an internal communication tool it is a great opportunity to use Slack.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This tool has increased the communication and collaboration of all our team, we can ask questions and analyze them in real time, while keeping a note for future references. It is incredible that we can share documents in one place, without having to be browsing all Google Drive, to locate the exact name of the document. In our company Slack effectively eliminated the requirement to have frequent project meetings.

Copy Review URL
Co-Founder
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Good for communication with your team"

What do you like best?

I like it that you can create channels and groups to segment the people you talk to on slack where you cant do that with skype. You can invite people to different slack channels and share files in it which is great and you can look back at past conversations. I like how you can attach a photo to your name and see other peoples profile images when you chat to them

What do you dislike?

I dont like you cant change the color and theme of slack and that there is no mobile app for it. I don't like that slack cant do video chat like other programs and it is very limiting to use. The fact that notification can some time be missed is also a detriment as I lost a big client for that reason alone and was very disappointing to me

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it easier and faster to load the program

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Communicating with team and clients. Lots of clients use this so its easy to use. Don't need to describe this to other people on how to use it.

Copy Review URL
Regional Manager
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"A platform that gets my team involved and more interested in work activities"

What do you like best?

When things are disorganized, my team tends to have less interest in projects due to the staggered nature of our communications and planning. That frustration has been dramatically reduced by the introduction of Slack into our daily activities. I like how versatile it is and how easy it is to use. Even though it seems like a basic chatting platform at the start, it was fantastic gradually discovering all the features, integrations and other work management possibilities Slack has. I also really like the clean interface and being able to see when people are online.

What do you dislike?

I've used some project management tools in the past that have many visual features, metrics and panels that give us a quick glance at things like work flow, calendars and other informational charts. If Slack could include more of these types of visual elements in a more streamlined way in their core software, I think that could make it much better for productivity and organization purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slack seems like a trendy communications tool to use right now, so I believe most professionals will probably be open to using it with you. If you're the type that's set in your ways and don't want to disrupt how things currently work, I think you should at least be open to a demo of Slack to quickly get an idea of how it can benefit your business.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

My team and others that use the Slack platform with us are more on top of tasks and less frustrated about disorganization and not being able to know what to do or not having the resources necessary to complete certain tasks. We can communicate with each other more in real time as opposed to email back and forth while sometimes waiting hours or even days for a response to a simple question or request.

Copy Review URL
Sr. Software Engineer
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Team's Informer"

What do you like best?

Slack is a pretty useful and powerful as well as the cheapest teams internal communicator and I am using this for my various porject updates with the different teams.

I am using it from last year. it is amezing and also you can greate the groups as much as you want to seperate the project information and also the set of people related with the project

What do you dislike?

you can only have the 10 direct message user to your list if it reaches 11 skips the 1st one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slack is a pretty good an powerfull product for an internal team communcation and keeping updates for the projects. but is dos not have an external storag eto store the communication so it uses the cloud for that.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using the Slack from last year. I am using it to get an update over the project and discuss with the team. it is most likely a freeware. also I hav intalled it in my mobile phone so I can get the updates at any time and broadcast to any one.

Copy Review URL
Software Engineer
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Perfect for internal organisational communication"

What do you like best?

The Slack has a rich set of tools and various options. The best part is it could easily integrate with other tools like Google Drive, SpreadSheet and JIRA. It solves the major problem of communication within the organisation and saves a lot of time.

The Slack also provides the functionality to create channels where many people can discuss ideas together.

Slack makes many things easy, such as the ability to edit a message after sending it or making snippets for the code while sharing it. We can also customize the theme of the Slack account to make it comfortable according to our likes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes too many notifications could be troublesome.

Slack Free allows for as many members in our account as we need, but there are limitations, such as we are only able to make audio and video calls between two people, not groups, & being restricted to 5GB of file storage for uploads across our entire team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Slack has a rich set of tools and various options. The best part is it could easily integrate with other tools like Google Drive, SpreadSheet and JIRA. It solves the major problem of communication within the organisation and saves a lot of time.

The Slack also provides the functionality to create channels where many people can discuss ideas together.

Slack makes many things easy, such as the ability to edit a message after sending it or making snippets for the code while sharing it. We can also customize the theme of the Slack account to make it comfortable according to our likes.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It solves the problem of internal communications and brings a quick response from the teammates rather than waiting for the same through email.

Copy Review URL
Business Development Representative
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Slack: The best tool for collaboration in your workplace!"

What do you like best?

The thing I love most about Slack is the ability to get information from colleagues almost instantly. It has really given our company the ability to become more collaborative!

On top of helping our business needs, it's also brought our colleagues closer together personally. We have a petpics channel where everyone posts pictures of their pets, or a game of thrones channel where we discussed the episodes. It keeps work fun!

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to find things that I don't like about Slack. One thing I wish was that you could create direct message group names, instead of making it a channel.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

To me, it helps when I'm on the phone with a prospective new client and they ask me a super technical question. I can slack one of our engineers, and get an answer instantly, instead of having to find out the answer post call, and then emailing the prospect.

Copy Review URL
Mr
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"It's the best all round messaging platform for business"

What do you like best?

The company I work for uses slack as its primary messaging platform. We love creating new channels per project we work on to keep everyone in the loop. We also love slack having a mobile app so we are always able to dabble with work while away from the office.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a great deal wrong with it. I would like them to have more integrations to choose from. There is a limit on the free account on the amount of messages you can see. This limits high at 10k but in a team of 10 it's would be easy to start losing old messages quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run a business and want a light professional messaging platform for your staff, there is no better option. It's professional enought that user won't consider using it like Facebook or WhatsApp. Instead a nice in-between from email to whatsapp

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a business we used to have staff emailing, texting and calling to pass on information for a project. We now have the power to keep everyone and every detail in one place. It helped us keep all employees in the loop with projects they are working on together. They can pass assets and details to each other all in the relevant channel.

Copy Review URL
Digital Marketing Assistant
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Easy to Use and Great Secure Communication"

What do you like best?

Slack is very helpful at chatting individuals throughout our organization. We primarily use it to send documents, communicate, and assign tasks, but we also have a lot of fun with it. It lets you create separate channels, so we even have funny channels that some of our employees chat on to lighten everyone's day. I love how easy it is to use and how you can get notifications on your mobile device as well. It also connects to your Google Drive to easily import documents.

What do you dislike?

When you are typing in slack, you have to be careful because if you hit "Enter", rather than skipping a line in the type box, it will send your message. I've done this several times with an incomplete message which is unprofessional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for secure communication. You can also download their app and get notifications straight to your phone. I would recommend it.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We switched to Slack from Google Hangouts for security purposes. Slack lets us communicate as a company and share confidential information that we know won't get hacked. I also love how it is connected to Google Drive to easily and quickly upload documents and send them to other users.

Copy Review URL
Designer
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The best tool for team development "

What do you like best?

I rather like this platform which gives us the opportunity to be able to plan projects assigned to divided work groups that start from larger numbers of people, without including more staff than necessary, and a smaller but also more focused collaboration. Different and simultaneous channels of conversation can be organized, quite versatile and easy to manipulate without any kind of specialized education to understand this tool.

What do you dislike?

It has a quite simple and intuitive user interface, however it requires a high internet connection to manage it effectively or suffers from serious problems with the slowness when executing changes in the assigned fields. It is not the best option for areas with low broadband connection, but otherwise, the software of this tool covers well the needs of communication and teamwork.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With a good opportunity to test the tool for a period of time before deciding if the team opts for this option, you can verify very good possibilities that offer for communication between people within the company without involving excessive members.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This program responded to the problems of effective communication, the disorganization of projects and tasks distributed without much order, the collaboration was not efficient and sometimes it was confusing, losing conversations between messages and emails, with Slack we left objective messages, and the progress of projects became considerably faster, without losing pace in moving forward, managing the project as a team maintains the quality of the goal to be met.

Copy Review URL
Software Developer
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The Best Model for Business Communication"

What do you like best?

What I like most about is that it has a very good User Interface and even new users can interact with it easily, Slack allows lots of third-party software integrations, like Google Drive, Trello, Zendesk, and Asana, Simplicity, and Customizable notifications, Fast, easy file uploading and archiving records.

Slack is the best for remote employees.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about slack is that its free version has integration limitation as users can only integrate 10 third-party software. Also limits the search to 10000 messages only, Missing video and audio chat options and finally the cost per month when you upgrade to standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Are you planning to hire remotely or you have already hired them and you are looking for a way to be communicating and sending instructions to the employees, Slack is the perfect tool for the job. I recommend it fully.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We utilize Slack each and every day. We talk about customer work, plans, new undertakings, new help tickets, new articles, share valuable substance and even convey entertaining Giphy Gifs.

Copy Review URL
vendedor
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

" great work tool"

What do you like best?

There is not much to lose, since it is a simple communication platform, but it has incorporated some excellent tools to make it powerful. It has incorporated access to Google Drive, so if you are using slack outside of work where shared websites are not blocked, it is definitely useful. It is basically a chat server for your company or organization. The mobile application is amazing, the desktop application is fine and you can also use Slack in the browser. Real-time communication and file sharing allows our people to find faster resolutions and increase productivity so much that the need to exchange Round-trip emails or the ability to finish playing the phone's label with someone has been significantly reduced due to this.

What do you dislike?

.It's not something you consider a counter Slack can take a while to set up if you want multiple channels, but once started, it's easy to keep the projects or topics in the different channel

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The best feature is the application. I download it on my Iphone and I do not miss anything

Copy Review URL
Organize even the smallest details with trello!!!
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 scores.

" All together is easier."

What do you like best?

I like it a lot, how I can access from the cloud is much easier and all the members of my team can do a good dumbbell. Slack has been growing and with many improvements over time. I really enjoy creating chat rooms with my group and being able to hold organized conversations. This application sends notifications constantly to be aware of everything. You do not need great things to use it, by creating your slackbot user you can help answer your questions. I agree!!!

What do you dislike?

They could place an option to record important details of a group meeting or chat with members. Sometimes it is tangled to find another place to write notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended.

You can integrate it with many other applications, you will find in your directory tools for several areas such as design or marketing. You have search options, videos, files, documents, notifications, channels, private chats.

I like it a lot and it offers many tools.

Here you can do it public or more intimate according to your preference.

I usually look for new apps and I have not changed slack, I like it a lot. I have it on my phone and on my computer.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

- It's easy and simple

- It works for me in many ways.

- Being in the cloud makes it practical and versatile

- Free

- Integration of everyone in the office

- Know new technologies

- Develop projects in which technology and apps are remarkable

Copy Review URL
Pharmacy Technician
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"It is a great cloud based set of proprietary team collaboration tools and services. "

What do you like best?

It easily creates a channel where you and your team can work together and collaborate to get things done.

It offers real time messaging as well as the ability to archive, search and share files.

Slack comes with a number of internal and external sharing options to share and acquire files from any user.

it has a read and write syncing feature which ensures that whatever is being done with a file is automatically synced across different devices.

You can set filters to help user search for a particular file.

What do you dislike?

The notification system can be a nuisance at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would recommend Slack because it works seamlessly with other leading applications.

The software offers a free plan for users who wants to see it.

Channel creation is a great strength of slack.It allows certain projects to use it for project based communications that do not need to be sent in emails and others to just communicate with employees and staff as needed.

It offers instant notifications on feed such that you won't have to miss on anything important or an update.

Different channels helps to keep things organised.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Actions can be accomplished quickly since the platform utilizes a user friendly and intuitive interface which do not require complicated installation, maintenance and training as the software itself is hosted in the clouds

It is designed to let users move from asynchronous to synchronous communication, allowing for immediate response in real time.

It houses conversations in one hub in databases to ensure that that are readily accessed anytime and anywhere.

Copy Review URL
Mechanical Engineer
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Online program that allows communications to be faster and more concise in your work space. "

What do you like best?

It is an online tool that allows communications to be faster, more concise and work is done with less time. It is not as difficult and slow as email. You can create your own workspace, you can use it from your desktop PC to your mobile device to discuss with your team and track your requests for your media and marketing needs. It is an excellent way to track even each project if you wish. You feel that you are up to date because you have the option to receive notifications of any comments from those who are invited and are part of the group. With a very easy to use interface, it contains a slackbot (robot) that helps you plan your daily activities. What minimizes and facilitates the work. You can search for keywords in previous conversations, express your feelings accurately, exchange snippets of.

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing it says could be that its free version has limited functions. For example, one of them can not establish very long conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can establish an online communication with your co-workers about the new one that has arrived at the company. You can organize the conversation topics for the chat. You can use it while you are on the trip and you are not in the organization where you work. It allows a fluid and easy communication at all times. It is easy to use and share files, photos or other things. As with any data upload / download. It is a very useful tool for fast and efficient communication, especially if something needs immediate attention. You can use it online or download the application with a free or paid version with more features and usage options.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The best thing about this online program is that once you have your contacts and user directories, we share your ideas, the things you learn, the problems and some news that is useful for everyone. . With the personalization of channels and the configuration of privacy for exclusive conversations or open to a group. Another benefit, presents integration options with other platforms and services. I recommend it to people who work remotely. You can upload files to your computer and be pdf documents, images, among others. With a very easy to use interface and very pleasant to work with.

Copy Review URL
Bachelor of Computer Science, Senior Project Manager
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Team collaboration."

What do you like best?

Slack has given a special touch in the area of ​​performance and team collaboration, demonstrating that collaborative work yields positive results, it is a tool whose interface immediately captures its ease in the use and creation of channels in which you can manage who enter And who does not, therefore migrating to your work team, developers, users is a good idea; They can also make the most of it so that they can establish groups, meetings and thus clarify any progress or upload any activity carried out.

What do you dislike?

Previously with the news of the Hackers we stopped our operations with this tool, however, their support team gave us the confidence that our operations were not at risk, thanks to this we continue to operate and showing that Slack is a good tool to collaborate with other colleagues Even since we have been using it, it has not generated any inconvenience in our operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slack gives with the idea of ​​improving team communication, you can use it on any device, it keeps track of all the communication that you carry out in a channel, safety first to keep everything safe and with the correct permission to be able to access the adequate channels. It does not affect the performance of your devices and does not consume all the bandwidth, it is an amazing tool.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Our team was working with the hangout tool in which little by little the communication was lost, few frequented the application and decided to try Slack, which has strengthened our operations and benefiting any information gathering and clarification of doubts , our team has become a proactive community and undertakes each development under a process standard that we have integrated into our channel within the tool, making the most of its integrations with tools in the cloud and allowing our developers to collaborate in the construction of bots to boost our processes.

Copy Review URL
Manager
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Undoubtedly the BEST !!"

What do you like best?

I love robust and seamless communication features provided by slack and apart from it, the extended features in Slack are simply the best compared to its alternatives like setting status, sending code snippets, tagging users etc. Also, Slack's UI is lovely. Its integrations with other services like Google Drive are also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, hope they ll extend apps for wearable devices like apple watch and other smartwatches. Some sort of Chrome extension would also be very useful. Its pricing model is a bit expensive for small organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using it asap, it would be helpful if you integrate more and more services with it and use as many features as possible.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Communicating among the team, sharing documents, syntax highlighted code snippets via chat. Calling functionality, availability of user, ie. online/away/sick are helpful to communicate and have a brief idea about users status and is very benificial while communicating with users in different time zones.

Copy Review URL
interface designer
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Communicate with all your team in an easy way."

What do you like best?

What I like most about slack is that we can communicate with all team members in a very intuitive interface. In addition to being able to create different channels makes it much easier to have conversations, according to different projects and teams and thus have documented each of the conversations. It is an excellent tool when you have your team distributed and at different times because everyone has access to information. Sharing files is very easy and having the files organized by users helps to organize much better the contents that each member of the team is uploading to slack. Another of the tools that I like considerably of this tool is the possibility of using a bot to be able to go speed up some of the things inside the chats and thus make the conversation a little more fluid.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I think should be better is to add a previewer in the file manager to have more clarity each of the documents that are loaded into the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to all those people who are looking for an internal communications tool to use slack.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We currently use slack to communicate between the work team internally, in turn we use it to have documented and report each of the progress within the respective design projects. We have realized that by having these conversations by slack we save a lot of time on the job.

Copy Review URL
Pricing Analyst
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Efficient and effective"

What do you like best?

Communication with coworkers is easily done. The best part about Slack in my opinion, is the ability to group together a specific set of employees (or coworkers) and put them in specific channels. This way when you want to communicate with a certain set of employees, the channel is labeled and readily available for you or someone else within the channel group to reach out to everyone within the group and get your message across.

What do you dislike?

The Gif systme is flawed, it makes you shuffle available ones and you cannot pick from a list. For example, when you wish to send a gif to someone, you must type in a key word one gif at a time will pop up on your screen. In order to get to a new gif you must shuffle which gets rid of the gif you were formerly viewing. Creates an issue when you're looking for a specific gif because if could take you a long time to find the gif. But other than that the functionality is quite nearly superb, the gif system would be the only thing that really stocks out and needs changing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best communication app available!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Ability to have multiple channels consisting of varying groups of coworkers... this allows to target the specific group that needs to hear your message. Communication within my workplace and company is very important and we are not always in the office together, slack helps solve this issue.

Copy Review URL
Account Executive
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source