Motivosity

Motivosity

4.7

Motivosity is a peer-recognition software solution used by companies to improve employee engagement, company culture, and employee motivation.

Work for Motivosity?

Learning about Motivosity?

Motivosity Reviews

Ask Motivosity a Question
Showing 265 Motivosity reviews
Madison M.

"Best Tool for Company Culture"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Motivosity is that it allows me to show my true thanks to people in the office. I think we casually say thanks to people so often that it has lost its value, but when someone takes the time to thank you in Motivosity, it means they really valued what you did to go out of their way to thank you and send you a dollar or two.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to make "wins" private now. I wish you could make them private or only viewable to your team/director so you didn't have to announce your wins to the whole company.

I also don't understand the leader board well enough. Do you get on it by giving dollars? Receiving them? Both? No sure.

On the right-hand side, Motivosity reminds you if you have never thanked someone or if it's been a while and in our company, we get $5 a month, so it isn't possible for me to thank everyone on my team every month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple way to improve relationships between employees and improve your company culture, Motivosity is the best option I've seen! It has helped me feel more of a connection with my co-workers and has made a world of change in our company culture.

My company can motivate us and provide rewards through the system. Motivosity has given me the chance to publicly recognize people in the company for the good things they've done and has been key in improving our culture.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Motivosity
James M.

"Motivosity surpassed expectations"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and creates a community of saying thanks. If it was harder, people wouldn't use it. I like the statistics that are shared on the site as well. We use the survey functions to poll people about our core values and this is a much better way of doing employee record awards than we used to. All in all it puts recognition in the hands of peers, not just supervisors. That freedom and ease of use draws people in.

What do you dislike?

Some the additional features like the org chart and the statistical information could be a little more user friendly (printable) and easier to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lean in. It is actually kind of fun to follow all of the recognitions. And it is soooo easy to use.

We are solving the problem of people wanting to recognize and be recognized in different ways. Not everyone wants to be publicly praised. This way, people can give recognition in a way that is consistent with the rest of the organization, but doesn't put anyone on the spot that doesn't want to be put there. Ironically, this system also encourages more face to face communication as I have noticed many people walking up to coworkers to thank them for the motivosity!

What Employee Recognition solution do you use?

Whitney W.

"Employee Recognition Everyone Enjoys"

What do you like best?

Motivosity allows me to celebrate wins among my team and recognize those throughout the company who deserve to know how much we appreciate them. Successful companies have employees who feel valued, and Motivosity helps us do that.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I can think of is that we might not be using certain features that we should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Motivosity is a solution that employees enjoy and use far better than any other solution I've worked with. I'd recommend Motivosity time and time again for its ease of use, true employee engagement, and helping your employees really feel valued and recognized throughout the company. The leaderboard is fun to watch, the history of those I've recognized is really helpful so I can know who else I need to show appreciation for next, and I find it really helpful for finding the most accurate insight on org charts for our company. There's just nothing quite like it.

We are helping employees receive recognition more regularly, especially for those outside our department where we may not be able to influence their recognition as easily. It is extremely important for employees to feel valued and Motivosity helps us do just that.

Brandon T.

"The Ultimate Employee Recognition Platform"

What do you like best?

Motivosity is a great tool for recognizing employees in the company and members of my team for their work when they go the extra mile or really knock a project out of the park.

What do you dislike?

While there is nothing that I dislike about Motivosity, a feature that I would like to see added is the ability to add images into Motivosity posts. There have been a couple of times where I've thanked someone from the graphic design team for something they have made that I would like to share as part of the

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an opportunity for employees to recognize each other directly and with a little incentive behind it, you can't go wrong with Motivosity.

Using Motivosity, we are adding an additional opportunity for employees to thank and recognize each other for things that they do around the office or situations where they exceeded expectations.

Patrick B.

"Easy and fast recognition"

What do you like best?

Motivosity provides an opportunity to give immediate recognition for individual "acts of greatness" that happen everyday but often go unnoticed or unrecognized. It allows peers to recognize each other in a timely manner and provides for both public and private recognition which creates a very personal touch when people get motivosity kudos. It's also a fun way to show someone you care about who they are and what they do.

What do you dislike?

Motovisoty is seen as a facebook with token dollar rewards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool should be messaged as an employee engagement and recognition product that is meant to show appreciation to your people while encouraging communication and excitement about what they do every day to contribute to positive workplace cultural growth and workplace quality of life.

The ability to say thank you quickly and being able to tie actions into our core company values so people can see, in real time how the every-day things they do are aligned with cultural values.

Michael F.

"fun and rewarding"

What do you like best?

There is a bit of fun when it comes to using Motivosity to reward and incentivize activities. Bonuses are a great way to reach goals. I like having a tangible item at the end of accruing recognition. It's also a great way to learn about other team members through the profiles and personality assessments.

What do you dislike?

Motivosity can still be used incorrectly, which hurts everyone. It works best when it's not used selfishly. I wish there was a way to prevent this from happening, but that is how people are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good communication and goals for using Motivosity would help its acceptance and use. A clear plan and examples for when to give recognition would be helpful. Have a champion in the company keep the product at the forefront of the users to keep engagement.

When it comes to service and support, being thanked is valued. It fills the gap where a big bonus is not warranted, but recognition within a team is needed.

Will B.

"Great tool for employee satisfaction"

What do you like best?

Motivosity is a great tool to keep all member's of your team happy and encouraging one another. To have the ability to thank a coworker on the spot for something helpful they did is truly a game changer. Also, the ability to encourage or lift up one of your coworkers when they need is also a great feeling. Not only does the coworker get an emotional lift, they get REAL money. Money that can be used ANYWHERE, its incredible!

What do you dislike?

I don't understand why company org charts or personality tests are apart of this program. I can see them being useful to the CEO or owner of the company but to an individual employee it seems these items are just clutter or sources of distraction.

Motivosity has enabled us to boost each other up despite having offices all over the country.

Ted B.

"Easy and fun"

What do you like best?

Easy to find co-workers and give them a pat on the back. Lots of ways to cash out on the receiving end, including lots of digital options that are available immediately. Don't have to wait for a certain amount to accrue. Can write note back to those who give to you. Can choose to make a payment private. Good reminders when your allocation is going to run out.

What do you dislike?

There are a few weird things with the user interface, and places where the visual design could be better. For example it's really unclear how to create (and award) a "badge," or find lout who can do that. I wish I could create an award on the fly, myself.

It's an easy way to request some help or to reward good work, kind deeds, special events, etc.

Brandon V.

"Fun, convenient and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I like that within my company we can recognize each other for hard work, team work and things like that. I love that we can see each others interests and who we have the most in common with. I love that we can also use the month on different sites to purchase things we need. It is an awesome tool/system to build relationships with.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this. I have yet to have any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NA

I get to use the money on amazon because I use it a lot. Also the kindness within the company that is passed around using the features of giving to each other. I am using it to break down barriers and get to know my team and other co workers better.

Chade M.

"Motivosity is incredible!"

What do you like best?

I really like how this is a way to feel appreciated at work. Nothing beats seeing that someone liked something you did at work. It is also a great way to let your employees know that you are aware of what they are doing and that they are doing a great job.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a little frustrating is sometimes when I am searching for people the search function either does not work, or it takes a while to find them. One minor thing is I feel the mobile app could use some work, it seems a little archaic to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to increase the amount your employees can give away, It really boosts moral when people are giving to each other. I would also say to be cautions of people who only give to a few people and try to help them to look for others to give money to. You never know who is having a bad day and might benefit from being recognized.

It is very helpful with having a public and private way of letting your employees know how they are doing and it helps you can attach a monitory value to it. I have had several employees come up to me and let me know that it meant a lot to them to see there superior recognize something they did great at.

Andi H.

"Motivosity Fits our needs perfectly"

What do you like best?

Motivosity makes it so easy to reward people for company achievements as well as recognize coworkers for things that often go unnoticed. They have many options for gift cards and getting the gift card is simple and fast. Our contact from Motivosity has reached out to make sure our needs are being met and that we did not have any problems.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to pull the reports out of motivosity into a spreadsheet to be able to see more data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This has a web based platform and a mobile platform that are both user friendly so your employees do not spend too much time on figuring out how to use it and can spend more time working on improving your business. It also improves the time HR spends distributing rewards.

Allows us to quickly reward for company achievements as well as gives employees an opportunity to recognize and appreciate coworkers for things that might go unnoticed otherwise. Also makes rewards for health challenges simple to give out.

Kenrik Ikaika L.

"Empowerment through Gratitude"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to thank someone. If someone does something good or helpful, you just thank them. You can thank your whole team as one or you can thank each person individually for separate things and it doesn't feel cumbersome because of how easy it is.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest things that I disliked ever since the first time I got on was the fact that the "make private" button looks active without you having to do anything. It is grayed out, however there is a check mark already in the box. You only realize it's not private after you send the thanks, after which you try again to make it private and realize that when you press the "make private" button it turns it green and active. I think the biggest thing that threw me off is the fact that it has a checkmark already in the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend trying it out. Everyone on my team had loved using it and it is also encouraging to see when other people in the company get thanked as well. This pushes me to work harder because I know of the good work they are doing and I want to be able to match it.

I'm not sure of any business problems, but I've definitely seen benefits. It makes you want to continue to work hard and work well when your coworkers and bosses give you praise. Through this platform it makes it very easy to do this, especially when your team is spread out geographically. It can feel weird to send an email or text or IM just to thank someone sometimes, however through Motivosity you don't feel any awkwardness.

Joseph K.

"A helpful tool"

What do you like best?

Motivosity has been good to bring attention to focusing on the positive contributions from team members and other employees in the company. It also can be used well to motivate the right activities and efforts and easily track that.

What do you dislike?

One thing that realistically isn't a motivosity thing. Those that interact the most with people outside of their department seem to bubble to the top of the leaderboards. This is an indication of "we recognize good efforts less when they happen daily from those around us" - to me this is something not a fault of motivosity, simply motivosity has exposed it.

I think it's easier to recognize and encourage helpful attitudes, team player efforts, and a more positive focus when thinking about other employees.

Lyndi B.

"YAY for Motivosity! (submitted by Lyndi Belnap) "

What do you like best?

I love that I can recognize my employees both when I'm in the office and when I'm on the go! Using Motivosity either on my laptop or through the app is completely user friendly and help me recognize employees on the spot.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more gift card options in the store.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Motivosity is a great tool for anyone looking to recognize their employees. The program is user friendly and provides fast kudos. I enjoy reading about all the good our employees are doing throughout our company.

Having a tool to immediately recognize employees is valuable. Our employees get to see recognition in real time. In the past, the process was a little slower so having the use of Motivosity is awesome.

Sean D.

"Very fun and engaging way to thank your coworkers"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about Motivosity is that you can reward good things your coworkers/employees have done with gift cards. People love to receive gift cards. What is more, you get to choose what kind of gift card you want, whether it be to Amazon, Wal-mart, or a plethora of other places. Honestly, it is quite a stressful time deciding which gift card you want... But in the end, you'll have a nice gift card in your pocket.

What do you dislike?

Something that is difficult is that you have a set budget to give to your fellow employees, it's oftentimes difficult to choose who to award with gift card moneys. Luckily, you can still recognize your coworkers without having to give money, in case somebody does something special but you already ran out. It is kind of disappointing to get recognized and not get money though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be good to consider how to implement this product. It is an excellent tool of engagement for workers, as it gives incentive to do well and go above and beyond what is generally expected, and it gives motivation to watch for people doing extraordinary things. It really is a marvelous tool, and at the end of a day, you are going to take home a gift card of your choice. The selection of gift cards provides great motivation to earn Motivosity dollars.

I feel like the office is more cohesive as we are able to show our gratitude in a more open way, so that others can see why we are thanking some other person. More than anything, office cohesiveness and friendship has increased.

Derek H.

"A great micro-bonus platform"

What do you like best?

Motivosity makes for an easy way for your staff to give each other microbonuses that are redeemable for gift cards at a ton of different stores, or even as a Visa card. Giving appreciation is fool-proof, as is redemption. You can also align the way you give bonuses to your Core Values as an organization, which I fold into my reviews. They also give you some pretty good data in the Insight section, which means you can see the flow of appreciates within and across teams.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way your "team" amounts to the people that report to your boss instead of the people you manage. I feel like some of the features that have been added since we adopted the platform feel more incidental instead of core to the experience (e.g., Awards and Wins).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other platforms I'm sure, but I like Motivosity's development direction and ease of use.

It's a great way to give specific kudos on the spot throughout the month instead of generic "attaboys." It allows me to keep track of kudos which I can use later during one-on-ones and reviews.

Shannon K.

"Motivosity user"

What do you like best?

I like having a forum in which I can recognize coworkers. I also enjoy having the opportunity to get to know coworkers better, especially from different branches of our company. I love when I receive a "thank you" from my supervisor, my coworkers, even those from our corporate office. I have heard nothing but positive responses from our team since we started using Motivosity. I am not technologically savvy, so I especially appreciate the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Motivosity. It is easy to use, doesn't take a lot of time, and we have had a positive response.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would recommend it to other companies.

I think using Motivosity boosts morale. Our employees seem to enjoy it and they have the opportunity to earn points and redeem them for gift cards and merchandise.

Joseph C.

"Excellent way to create tighter teams"

What do you like best?

The best part about Motivosity is the ability to thank someone for extra work, or even just the required work on a deadline, in a tangible way. The rewards can add up to become real usable funds. Just a few weeks ago I was able to get some gas in my car because of a gift card I got from motivosity. I have seen people buy their kids shoes and if your willing to spend the cash online its easy as pie. Just take the "virtual card" and use it online at any retailer, or add it to your E wallet. If you prefer to have a real card you can get one just take 3 extra dollars than you get on your card. For instance if you want 20$ on a Amazon gift card you would just spend 23$ of Motivosity bucks to get it.

What do you dislike?

When you first go to thank someone it lists a few categories to choose from. I wish those categories could be expanded to more fit a more fluid environment. Would be really nice if I could add custom reasons for giving gifts to fellow employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would spend the time to walk employees through a training period, Make sure that everyone has a good understanding of how to use this tool. The 15$ a month that the companie gives you to gift to others is fantastic!

An excellent benefit, and I would say business problem common to medium to large companies, is the lack of connections and appreciation that you can give and receive when two different project teams have to come together. It becomes pretty easy to let a member of another team know that you appreciate them with Motivosity.

Chelsey B.

"Great employee add-on to other team-building activiites"

What do you like best?

Motovosity is a great way to for employees to let their colleagues know that they're appreciated, as well as for supervisors to give their employees praise. It's always nice to see a positive message come through from anyone in my organization, and even nicer when there is motovosity $ attached to the message. I have accumulated a solid amount of money for various gift cards through Motovosity, and it's such a great work reward to have access to. I love the variety of choices that Motovosity has to offer in their rewards section.

What do you dislike?

I think more could be done to engage employees. I'm unsure exactly how the point system works. It's easy to jump on and quick quick praise in order to receive feedback from others. Motovosity should consider prompting people to occasionally add some other tasks or form of engagement that gives employees/supervisors other methods to give and receive praise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great way to generate some workplace engagement as long as you combine it with other activities that build workplace morale and connect employees.

Motovosity adds to workplace morale and maintain daily communication between employees and supervisors. It can be a great tool to increase productivity and motivate employees to stay engaged with others in the organization. It also makes you feel good to give praise, so it really does offer positive workplace energy from all perspectives. Our office is small, but I imagine that Motovosity could be a very good fit for a medium-sized and large organization as well.

Isaac H.

"Great tool for connecting teams and a company. "

What do you like best?

I really like that i can see what everyone is working on and the accomplishments that they achieve. many times when you work at a company you get lost in your own little corner of the company, but through monstrosity I have been given a vision into other departments throughout the company. I really enjoy this because I feel more involved in the culture and the true vision that the executive team are looking to convey.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the things that i dislike is that I am not able to customize my recognition. I know that administrators and other individuals can add awards, but as a simple user it feels like we are simply limited to the 2 or 3 recognition options. there should be another field added to allow customization.

disconnect issues. I really think that it allows for me to get to know my team really well and even those that are not on my team.

Chalu H.

"Great Morale Booster"

What do you like best?

Motivosity makes it possible for me to recognize my direct reports in a tangible way, multiple times a month. Additionally, it gives them an opportunity to recognize me as well which helps us to build and sustain relationships. I appreciate the daily digest which allows others to see our team wins as well. I also really like the mobile interface, it allows me to take care of my team on the go.

What do you dislike?

Having used multiple platforms for employee recognition, I can say that I do not dislike anything about Motivosity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for a while, I guarantee you will choose it.

As an online institution, we had some difficulty in the past recognizing individual effectively. Motivosity allows us to motivate people in a manner that matters to them. Motivosity lets us recognize and lets employees choose. It's been very effective.

Danielle Y.

"Motivosity is one of the best decisions we've ever made!"

What do you like best?

When you have multiple locations, it's difficult to keep everyone connected. Unity and camaraderie are important to us, and this program has filled in those gaps immensely. It's also difficult for managers, throughout the day to day grind, to find the time to make sure each employee is valued and to be able to recognize them. Sometimes that can fall to the wayside, understandably when you're busy... but Motivosity has provided them a way to express appreciation and make employees feel seen and appreciated... and to be able to have some fun with it!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything I can think of. Any questions we've had about options in the website or app (that currently don't exist) are taken into consideration by their support team as things that could potentially be added in the future. They're always looking at ways to improve the site, even though it's incredibly user-friendly already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a master to-do list and a timeline organized for each thing. As well as who is involved in each thing (IT, Accounting, Admins, etc.). We started by testing the software with our Culture Committee to collect questions and feedback first. Then we rolled it out to managers. Then to our Executive Committee. We had all our contests planned (to encourage early adoption/usage) and by the time roll-out was upon us, we felt very ready!

Communication has always been an area that we have wanted to improve upon, as well as making sure that employees feel recognized, fulfilled, and appreciated. This system has provided ways for people to interact in both arenas, on both a professional level as well a fun and personal level. If we are willing to keep this fresh by organizing contests, encourage meaningful engagement, and providing good rewards for all areas of both career achievements and personal milestones, I anticipate that we'll continue to see a positive difference in both things.

"MOTIVOSITY IS AH-MAZING!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that you are able to post positive things about your co-workers and peers. Giving out intensives for peoples hard work really gets my employee excited about this tool. We also can pep talk each other through the day which is awesome too.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything about this tool. Maybe we could personalize our pages a little more that would be cool! More emojis and possibly the option to post pictures on the comment section would be cool. More customization would be awesome just so that the boards are more colorful.

I think that it is great of the company and that we are all learning how to motivate each other one day at a time. This tool also shows people how to give out positive vibes and feed back to people and show others that they are really working hard vs it not being noticed or slipping under the cracks. I love when the Docs actually are tell the employees how awesome they are and how appreciated they are .

Kristen C.

"Fantastic venue to encourage and thank fellow co-workers"

What do you like best?

The ability to reward my coworkers with real money and to recognize their accomplishments or to thank them for assistance that they have given.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike -- it is very simple to use both from the computer or from a mobile device and there are a wide range of rewards to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for building company morale and encouraging a spirit of helpfulness. It is extremely easy to use and makes rewarding your peers and coworkers fun! The rewards are wonderful -- from Vanilla Visa gift cards to other store gift cards (Amazon, iTunes, Best Buy etc.).

We are using this to solve the issue that verbal Kudos were nice, but don't have as much weight as a financial or gift reward. Our team adopted this immediately and really enjoy giving one another kudos and motivosity! We have also been using the ability to send Motivosity rewards to our Partners to thank them or give them gifts for birthdays or anniversaries.

Lynn W.

"Success and Results!"

What do you like best?

Motivosity was easy to implement, delivers a simple yet inviting user interface, and maintains a very low maintenance infrastructure. Motivosity is an outlet for building strong relationships, creating a forum for conversation that promotes better communication and teamwork, and allows us to show gratitude is a simple, sincere, and “fun” way.

We have appreciated the exceptional direct customer service and technical support prior to, during, and post-implementation from the Motivosity team from the top down.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company big or small should have Motivosity and see for themselves the positive results it will have on employee engagement, morale and creating an inspiring and positive work force.

Motivosity has truly contributed to our company’s success by providing an area to exercise the power of praise that integrates into our company’s culture. Motivosity has allowed us to put into practice our core values, making what we as a company hold important come to life.

The peer-to-peer recognition and engagement framework of Motivosity has created enthusiasm and commitment from management to employees in living our company’s core values and driving results. The end results come from reinforcing and recognizing those who deliver exceptional service, externally to our customers and internally amongst all staff.

One of our board directors who uses Motivosity to stay connected to the company through knowing the people said that “Motivosity reminds us that Northwest Bank is a people business!”

Learn more about Motivosity

Motivosity Videos

Learning about Motivosity?

* We monitor all Motivosity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.