Checkr

3.8

Checkr provides simple, fast and compliant background screenings for Enterprises and Startups.

Get started with Checkr today!

Work for Checkr?

Learning about Checkr?

Checkr Reviews

Ask Checkr a Question
Showing 19 Checkr reviews
Checkr review by David A.
David A.

"Affordable, thorough and simple"

What do you like best?

We switched to Checkr from another background check service and have been very pleased with the switch. One of the best features for us is the "peace of mind" someone has when they are the ones entering their personal information instead of sharing it with us on a piece of paper like we used to require.

What do you dislike?

So far there has been nothing not to like. The first time we ran a check that required a county search due to their being a record, the billing was a little confusing. However, it was cleared up with a note to customer service.

We run background checks for volunteers. The background checks are initiated through another application (Planning Center People). The tight integration between Checkr and Planning Center has meant less time spent on data entry and chasing down information in multiple systems.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Checkr
Checkr review by Hermott B.
Hermott B.

"Simple to Use- but overreaching"

What do you like best?

The Checkr product is simple and effective for employers - we are able to really dig deep and know our candidates from the inside out. Yes, everyone comes to an interview with a smile and a good attitude, but the ability to know exactly who they are outside of the office on the first day is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

So, this is a little awkward, but the only issue we have had is prospective candidates/employees complaining that they received notice of the background check and that it goes back farther than allowed ( believe 15 years instead of 7) - and also can be a little invasive such as checking the credit score which as an employer I shouldn't/don't care about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out what else is out there. It can be extremely useful but is a little invasive.

We are solving the problem of hiring the wrong people, or hiring someone and that person ending up being someone completely different down the line because of something hidden in their past.

What Background Check solution do you use?

Checkr review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Working with Checkr"

What do you like best?

Checkr bends over backward when we need something. There are times when we request a customized item and Checkr will do anything they can to make it happen and make it happen quickly in order to meet our deadlines. They also provide informative information that helps with the background check process.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that we dislike at this time. However, there have been rare occasions when we are unable to reach the customer service desk and when we have a need for a timely response it can be frustrating.

In our business, it is critical to fill our orders with qualified candidates quickly. Checkr provides timely results which have allowed us to fill our jobs on-time thus hitting our client goals and achieving our goals.

Checkr review by Ravi P.
Ravi P.

"Easy-to-use background checks that I don't need to think about"

What do you like best?

It integrates with our HR systems so that there's very little administration overhead. With our old BG check software, we used to "forget" to send out background checks with new hires.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I wouldn't change anything about the product. It's simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it!

We deal with sensitive data and background checks are essential for customers to trust us with that data. Checkr automates the whole process for us.

Checkr review by Kaleb Crawford C.
Kaleb Crawford C.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Quick, easy, and only requests information I would expect a background check to request.I had my background check completed within 1 minute of submitting.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this product. My experience went smoothly and quickly.

Very quick and smooth background check allowing the application/hiring process to run smoothly and quick.

Checkr review by Olwen A.
Olwen A.

"Checkr - Good not great"

What do you like best?

Checkr gives really strong background checks and gives so much information that you can get a real picture of what's happening.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they go back too far, and cause potential liabilities with their searches. Different states have different rules on this so maybe they can match by employer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Checkr gets the job done, plain and simple. There could be day to day improvements in the UI for ease of use

Background checks - easy to use and fast.

Checkr review by Administrator

"Great tech, inconsistent turnaround time"

What do you like best?

Checkr's dashboard and API integrations. The system is super easy to use and integrates well with our ATS.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround time. We're piloting another provider because the wait time for Checkr's background checks is unpredictable. We've lost a number of potential hires because the turnaround time is extended significantly whenever a ride hailing service floods Checkr with requests.

We use Checkr to perform criminal background checks on all of our non-exempt employees

Checkr review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"I think it's a decent product, but it needs some more work in terms of support"

What do you like best?

Easy for anyone to use, for both businesses and users. I also think the interface is better than some others I've used

What do you dislike?

We had an issue with the platform that we needed an immediate response for as we had employees who were set to start and background checks that we could not access due to a technical issue. We could not get an immediate response online and their phone number did not allow us to leave messages and no one answered for days.

Also do not like that we do not have customizable background check functions.

Simple background checks that take the function out of our hands.

Checkr review by User in Computer Software

"Great solution for background checks all in one place. Fit to your needs"

What do you like best?

The SaaS solution is really flexible, I used it to hire some employees and it was really helpful. In general the collaboration environment was just great.

What do you dislike?

The support service is a little bit slow, I was told it was due to my subscription but it could be get better from my point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a world class solution for background checks, this is the one.

A business problem: poor visibility about checks in my company.

Benefits: A world class process applied in my place.

Checkr review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Checkr is great!"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience and how easy it is. The interface is very easy to navigate and search for people's names and to view the status of their background check.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes checkr takes a verrrry long time. not sure what the issues are but every once in awhile the background checks get backed up.

We are ensuring that our staff has no prior criminal history and are able to be sent out on client sites.

Checkr review by Administrator

"Fastest Background Check Tool "

What do you like best?

This is the fastest background check tool that I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

I do not receive notifications email notifications when additional information is required from the applicant.

The quickness of this tool increases our recruitment processes.

Checkr review by Administrator

"East to use and fast! "

What do you like best?

Really like Checkr's website and dashboard, really user-friendly, great UX/UI.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much to dislike. I think the only issues we've had early on was with an integration but that was eventually resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please expand services to include additional type of background checks.

We've implemented Checkr as part of our onboarding process, making sure that every employee gets screened thus providing the needed psychological safety to our staff.

Checkr review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Checkr for Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

The processing time seems to be simplistic. I appreciate the short processing time for most applications as well. I also like the pre-adverse and post-adverse notifications. It further helps to eliminate unworthy canidates from the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

The pricepoint could be lower. However, the software is nice.

Being able to hire trustworthy people who can handle customer sensative data daily.

Checkr review by Kayee T.
Kayee T.

"Good value for the price"

What do you like best?

Cheap and effective, I like how the interface makes it easy to use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes inaccurate, I've heard it misses a few things

Tenant or renter screening. Quick screening

Checkr review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Phenomenal Integration with Planning Center"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and makes background checks very quick

What do you dislike?

The different levels of background checks can be a tad confusing

Phenomenal integration with Planning Center

Checkr review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Fast, easy and complete background check "

What do you like best?

I loved everything. I am always on the look out for the newest software and this one wins top prize for now.

What do you dislike?

There honestly wasn’t anything to dislike. The user interface is beautiful and extremely easy to use.

Then need to quickly vet a candidate with the most user friendly experience.

Checkr review by User in Internet

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration into greenhouse

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are too many gaps, especially when it comes to turnover, a lot of the contact information is from individuals who are no longer at the company/retired etc.

increased visibility

Checkr review by User

"Checking Checkr"

What do you like best?

It offers a lot of transparency for the process

What do you dislike?

Is not always intuitive or easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Valuable software, does make the hiring process quicker

Quickly screen potential candidates for a job position

Checkr review by User in Internet

"Background checks"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to complete all background checks in one place

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a mobile app for on-the-go accessibility

HR accountability

Learn more about Checkr

Checkr Videos

Learning about Checkr?

* We monitor all Checkr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Checkr
3.8

Get started with Checkr today!