Google Authenticator Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Authenticator?

Google Authenticator is a multifactor app for mobile devices.

Google Authenticator Profile Details

Google Authenticator Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Authenticator Reviews

1-50 of 101 total Google Authenticator reviews
Commercial Development Executive

"Google Authenticator "

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator is a solution I use to provide myself with an additional layer of protection. First of all, Google Authenticator is an entirely free application available for mobile devices with Android/IOS. Google Authenticator enables us to secure our accounts with 2FA security, which consists in generating code in the Google Authenticator application. Another advantage of GGoogle Authenticator that I liked very much was the ability to add an unlimited number of accounts.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of Google Authenticator is that this application is not compatible with all sites, although the number of compatible sites is continuously improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If there is a possibility to enable 2FA verification on the website you are using, you should certainly use Google Authenticator, especially since it is an entirely free solution and the account connection itself does not take much time.

Thanks to the use of Google Authenticator includes additional account protection, thanks to which I protect them against various kinds of attacks because the probability that an unauthorized person will gain access to our phone and account at the same time is very low.

Support Specialist

"Security for the Everyday Person"

What do you dislike?

While I may have grown up during the age of the rise of internet technology, I’m not the savviest when it comes to security. Google Authenticator makes it insanely easy to ensure the security of multiple accounts, and the ability to safely access them within seconds. At times, it can be a little annoying to have to re open the authenticator app itself when signing in to multiple accounts, but that’s really the worst of it.

Addiction Counselor (CDCA)
Mental Health Care

"Two-Step Authentication, But Not For Everything"

What do you like best?

It's just an extra layer of security to help keep your accounts from being compromised as easily. Just keep your phone handy (a little harder to steal than a password, for sure), and you can log in to your connected accounts safely and easily, without having to worry that your account will be compromised just as soon as your cross-account password is, in the inevitable scenario in which that password is part of a breach.

What do you dislike?

It does what it advertises, and as far as I can tell, that's all. But it seems to me that it really only connects to certain accounts that are set up for it, and I'm not sure how many sites or organizations are. In truth, I've only ever been prompted to connect one of my accounts to Google Authenticator. If more sites apparently offered GA as the second factor of authentication, I'd be happy to use it! I'd probably connect it to all my sensitive accounts, and I'd certainly be more likely to recommend it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the end, it's not a pain to use when an account utilizes it, but keep in mind that most accounts you create or use probably won't.

Google Authenticator is just as effective in your personal life as it is in the business world. You can sleep a little better knowing that whatever accounts you tie to this app, they will be more secure.

Emerging Technology Advisor
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy and Secure 2 Step Authentication by Google"

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup your OTP authentication in Google Authenticator. Just scan the QR code or secret key provided to you from the application where you are setting up 2SV.

It's easy to integrate in business applications without much coding and security concerns.

The mobile app is very handy and avoids need for traditional hard tokens or desktop app.

What do you dislike?

If you lost your phone or reset your phone, there is no way to recover your configuration of Google Authenticator. You have to retrieve your QR code or Secret Key to setup the application again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Authenticator is easy to use and easy to embed in web applications. We are using with Java based applications hosted on Jboss.

We use Google Authenticator for 2 Step Verification logins to our business applications and official google accounts.

Customer Support Associate
Internet

"Works for Me, Occasionally a Pain"

What do you like best?

It's easy and adds additional security to the sign-in process - honestly, it's usually an extra click on my own computer!

What do you dislike?

I don't like being on different devices (especially a Fedex or UPS location) that isn't a computer - makes typing really difficult, and can take forever to print something I need to bring into the office or on the road for a client

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are worried about people getting into your email, use this product. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to access your email or G-Suite on short notice often

Internally, we use this for security. We have patented software. Additionally, we need this as one of MANY security verifications to prove to our customers that they can trust us with their data. We work with a lot of enterprise accounts, and they need to be able to trust we won't misuse their data, and that no one else can see it

Programmer

"Google Authenticator "

What do you like best?

2FA authentication is necessary to maintain full security of our accounts. For this purpose, the free Google solution is perfect. Google Authenticator enables us to generate 2FA codes for the pages we have selected. Google Authenticator does not have a limit of added tokens so that we can protect a selected number of accounts. Accounts to Google Authenticator adds, adding a simple way we can use the QR code or rewrite the code from the application. Google Authenticator has a user-friendly interface with the most needed functions.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that for Authenticator to work, the required integration on the part of developers through Google Authenticator is not supported by a large number of portals. I also miss additional application security options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Google Authenticator to everyone because the solution is available completely free of charge and can be a last resort in critical situations.

With Google Authenticator, I don't have to worry about anyone getting access to data that are important to me because most of the important services I've secured with Google Authenticator.

Senior Operations Manager

"one of the highest security measures at the level of web systems access"

What do you like best?

software based on one-time password authentication developed by google. It is by means of a combination of six digit number that the user must provide in addition to his username and password to access google services.

What do you dislike?

nothing against excellent aplication the only thing that I got a problem on a personal level with the cryptocurrency software and the cryptocurrency company sent me the request for the opening of another income at security level after 2 months but at the level of security application it's very good

Recommendations to others considering the product:

excellent access verification measure I recommend it for your use and that way you do not hake access

at the marriott international hotel we have an inventory system that generated the online system department and I as Senior Operations Manager of the hotel I use the systems to show that the physical beings are still in stock and one of the requirements to access after enter the password and the user a combination of 6 digits which verifies and generates a time gap of a clock and then changes the numerical combination and in that way it is not possible to be hacked by the access system, it also gives me access to a crypttomonedas wallet that I have on a personal level online and in this way is verified by 6 digits

MEDIA STUDIES OFFICER

"Google Authenticator - Invest in security"

What do you like best?

+ It is quite an easy to use application with a very user-friendly graphical interface and the configuration with the chosen website is very simple.

+ The way to authenticate is, effortless is enough to rewrite the 6-digit code from Authenticator.

+ The application works quite well on devices with systems (Android/IOS).

+ 2FA authorization is essential if we value our privacy.

+ Easily integrates with other Google services.

What do you dislike?

- I miss pop-up alerts about trying to log in to the account synchronized with the Authenticator.

- There are not many platforms to use this solution, but the number is continuously increasing.

- I miss the possibility of making a backup copy of our verified services because of which we may lose access to important services during a breakdown/change of the device!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a person who values security and privacy, you should consider using Google Authenticator, because the configuration of this service is, instant and can save our skin.

When you use Google Authenticator, you don't have to worry about someone accessing services that are important to me.

"Simple solution. Nothing fancy or advanced"

What do you like best?

Simple application. This application takes the simplicity approach. I tried using other applications and retracted back only because of its simplicity.

Another thing is its startup time. It is blazing fast. You would not remember using this application if you are busy and you opened it up.

What do you dislike?

This could include some advanced features as an optional item. Since it is a free application, they could have a pro application that has advanced features. Its startup times are great. However, due to its limited functionality, it does not get the amount of attention it deserves.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking at getting a simple product, then this is for you.

But don't expect anything fancy. It does ONLY what it mentions.

However, due to the simplicity, the speed at which it operates is just awesome.

Also, I am not sure about the security part of it since that is not in my arena. Our corporate IT solution is taking care of this - or atleast I hope they are.

We are solving the onelogin authentication and 2 factor authentication with Google Authenticator.

It is fast and immediate when opened.

This is one application that does not request me for my finger print to open. I am not sure if this is good or bad. But I think it benefits me.

Director of Technology Integration

"You need this to help keep your sensitive material secure."

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator is clean and simple to use. It takes no time to add to your workflow for logging into sensitive portals. This is especially important if you travel and are on unsecured computers and networks.

What do you dislike?

Google Authenticator itself has no cons. It just works. The one dislike is that some software is not designed properly with a good UI when you upgrade your phone or worse yet if you lose or break your phone.

This solves the problem for us users with week passwords or bad security habits when logging into sensitive portals. This extra level of security is a must for customer/employee databases, social media accounts, or the login to edit your company website.

(Myself Only)

"Google Authenticator keeps your logins safe"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Authenticator works no matter where you are in the world, whether you have service, data, wifi, or not. It's the best way to utilize two-step authentication, rather than a text message that can be intercepted or hijacked.

What do you dislike?

Set up is a little confusing, but once you find the google page (just google it! ;)) that explain step-by-step how to set it up, you will be able to go through the process and steps to set up just fine. My gmail recently was disconnected from Google Authenticator and I need to set it back up again but have been putting it off because it isn't the easiest to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to keep your accounts secure, Google Authenticator is really the best way to do that.

Google Authenticator helps keep my accounts secure. My Instagram was hacked last year even though I had their old two-step process set up, which used SMS for the verification code. Hackers have wised up to this so they know how to get around it. Google Authenticator is the most secure way to set up two-step verification.

Senior Technical Consultant
(10,001+ employees)

"Fast and Secure 2 Step Authentication"

What do you like best?

It's lightweight, fast and secure two step verification which uses both time based OTP and HMAC based OTP.

It's super easy to setup, just scan the QR code from your authenticator app. It's your responsibility to keep the QR code secure. Easy to integrate with your business applications and facilitate secure logins.

What do you dislike?

It started as open source but it's Google propriety now. There is no web version of this product. you have to use it on mobile app only. If you loose your phone, you will have to setup 2-step verification again, which is a tedious process if you have lost your QR code as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's reliable 2-SV method and we haven't experienced technical challenges integrating it with our business applications.

We use Google Authenticator integration in our business applications to provide secure two-step login to our users. It's lightweight and installs securely on end users phones, so we don't have to worry about providing a hard/soft token to them.

Managing Director
Oil & Energy

"Complete piece of mind"

What do you like best?

My passwords and logins are all over the place, in notebooks on paper and digital, and some hidden a bit too stealthily to find them again! The logins that are compatible with Google Authenticator are the safest and easiest to access for me. Simple, secure and effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all as far as the software is concerned. It might be better if more third party services integrated with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're the kind of person that doesn't go anywhere without your mobile phone, and wants to use public WIFI occasionally, protect your email inboxes. The email is the most important gatekeeper to all your other password resets. Two factor authentification in general is a must-use, and Google Authenticator is the best.

Like most people, I always feel busy and rushed. In the past, I'd forget my paper notebook with passwords in, or be on a device or computer away from my desk and find that I couldn't log in. I always have my mobile phone with me, so my other login details can be saved or recorded with less concern. Another benefit is when I accidentally leave my password book somewhere, or are using public Wifi. Two factor authentication gives me extra security and piece of mind. An expert hacker might clone my SIM, but I haven't heard of any weaknesses in Google Authenticator.

Manager, Customer Service Help Desk
Higher Education

"Google Authenticator generates two factor Verification codes on your phone. "

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator is a very stable Google Application for implementing Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Google account or other 2FA enabled services. You will need to allow the app to access your device's camera in order for it to read the QR or bar coded key codes generated by other apps. Authenticator also has a "dark" theme which is important to people that require a higher contrast view on mobile device (so I don't need my glasses as often.) It also can generate verification codes while the device is offline without a data connection which helps when you are working in a customer's building where there is no cell data connection I like the fact it allows you to remember the authentication on your own computer so it does not ask for 2FA every time. There is a small graphic that counts down to show when the code is about to change, that helps but I wish it were slightly larger.

What do you dislike?

the app is great - only dislike is that we have to use 2FA at all. Every now and then it has to be synced up with the clock on the mobile device.

The graphic to show the countdown time remaining is rather small compared to the digits displayed. That could be made a little bigger.

Had some difficulty with my google Photos back up after implementing 2FA.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Authenticator is a free and more importantly STABLE application available on android.

2FA capabilities for other apps like VPN on desktop using a mobile device to complete authentication

MPD coach
(5001-10,000 employees)

"It makes it hard for others to log into my information"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes my information and email secure for work. Once I'm logged into my accounts it usually doesn't ask me to sign in again for a while.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of annoying to have to type in a code often and if my phone is not on me then I have to go get it. Or if I'm on the phone and trying to pull something up on my computer then it can be a hassel.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your phone is on you when you use it

It makes my accounts very secure and I don't have to worry about my information being broken into as easily.

Graphic Designer & Digital Communications Specialist
Automotive

"Quick, efficient 2-step authentication that keeps my account secure"

What do you like best?

What I like about Google Authenticator is that Google is always looking for ways to make using the tool easier for the user, but harder for anyone else trying to access my Google Account. In the past, the app would generate a 6-digit code that you could be copied just by tapping it and pasted into the authenticating field. Now it's as simple as pushing a yes or no button to verify that you're actually signing into something. Google even has backup codes to use in the event that you're authenticator app is not available.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot that I would say I dislike about Google Authenticator. The need for 2-step authentication is very real and more services and products would benefit from having the added security. I think in general, most people would find the added step to be a bit time consuming despite only taking mere seconds to complete. The other fear is being in the situation where you would need to authenticate your access but would be away from your phone/device to get the code and away from your backup codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend setting up Google Authenticator with your Google Account. It helps keep your account and information safe and protected from unauthorized access and that should be enough of a reason to set it up.

Google Authenticator solves the very real problem of account security, especially for a product like Google which for many people is integral to our digital lives and identity. It's very important to protect your account from unauthorized access and with 2-step authentication tools like Google Authenticator, it's very easy to implement that one extra step to keep bad people out and keep you in control of your account.

IT Support

"Extra Security"

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator can be used to provide extra security for a number of different products. For example, I personally use Google Authenticator for Google products and Last Pass. The verification codes update regularly again adding to the security aspect. Google Authenticator is easy to configure as it uses a QR code while providing all verification codes for each product within the same screen adequately labeled. The app is simple and easy to use with the ability to copy verification codes to paste them (providing you require the verification code to log into a mobile app). Finally, Google Authenticator is easy to implement and configure with minimal potentials methods of causing an error.

I only starting using Google Authenticator as it was implemented within the business when I joined, but because of the positives I have listed above I now use this for personal use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the codes are only 6 digits for various products which can be acquired from within the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Authenticator can be used for a range of products and should be utilized where possible. The app is easy to use.

Outside of our Head Office, everyone who has a mobile phone has Google Authenticator linked to their Google accounts. As private information is shared within emails, users who may have less complex passwords have that extra piece of mind. Google Authenticator helps the business to keep private information safe with a easy to use application.

Administrador
(Myself Only)

"With simple steps your accounts will be protected."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and is downloaded and installed quickly. It's a very light app and doesn't take up much space on the cell phone. It's very easy to configure it and integrate it into accounts, since you only need to scan a barcode. Then it will give you several codes, which change constantly and to access the accounts, you need both the password and the code generated by the application. It only takes a few seconds and you already have your accounts protected.

What do you dislike?

It's a simple app that fulfills its function. It can be a problem if you don't have access to the phone at that time, so the phone becomes essential.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best option to take care of your accounts, simple, easy to install and it only takes a second to generate the verification code. With simple steps your accounts will be protected.

I'm an extremely cautious person, so I always make sure to take care of my accounts. That's why, if it's available, I use Google Authenticator. Many software companies work with this application, so its use is expanding. It makes me feel very safe.

Asesor de empresas

"Double security"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and integrate with different accounts. It offers a lot of security since to access the account you must have your mobile device at hand and write both your password and the code that generates the software and that constantly changes.

What do you dislike?

I'm a little afraid that the phone will be damaged. It hasn't happened me yet and I hope it never happens, so I do not know what the process is in those cases, but it will surely take some time to recover access to the accounts until the identity of the owner has been confirmed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Security is important, especially at this time when most of the information we handle is in the cloud. The security offered by Google Authenticator is excellent, but you must depend on another device, your mobile phone.

This software is an excellent way to protect your accounts from malicious people. I use it with the personal accounts that offer this verification system in two steps, since not all of them do it. I know that my private information is 100% secure and protected

AH
(10,001+ employees)

"Google Authenticator allows for a secured and simple sign on"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly and secure the app is. You can easily create an authentication to log in to any protected company sites and at the same time use the Google Authenticator application to log in. It is very simple, you enter in the URL and username information, next you obtain a code and you can enter that code to the portal online that you are trying to log into.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any dislikes yet. However, I am curious on finding out how well this application works on iOS devices. I have not yet had the opportunity to test with iOS, but I can say it works very well with Android devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have several users who use company protected websites, then Google Authenticaros is a must for you. it helps provide a high level of security. It provides a two-step authentication method. It is time based, so it resets the code. This is a good thing so that it is high level secured, but easy to use.

Google Authenticator helps us create a secured login environment for our online trainings. A lot of our attendees join remote training and it is hard to create a secured environment. Our trainees benefit from being able to access secured sites with this application. We are able to roll out additional mobile applications to our employees and have them use the two-step authentication to confirm its them. It has really helped our company become global and remote friendly.

Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting

"Google Authenticator"

What do you like best?

I really like that Google offers this authenticator which is great so you feel more secure about keeping your emails confidential. Every time you sign in from a new device you have the option of google sending you a text code directly to your phone or another recovery email. Codes are simple and usually are sent within seconds. The 2 step authenticator is nice in my perspective.

What do you dislike?

The only downside which is not too bad is that if your phone dies while trying to sign in from another device you'll have to wait until you are able to receive the code to log in.

Emails are kept as safe as possible using the google authenticator.

AI

"Great tool for 2fa"

What do you like best?

This is a great free tool from google for using 2fa, I use this tool to authenticate against AWS. When prompted authentication takes place in seconds, it is easy to setup on your device and on the tool you're using it for,

What do you dislike?

The push notifications are an issue on this, if you're trying to authenticate in a rush you can sometimes forget that you need to go into the app to authenticate. I am still yet to find a way to get push notifications on my android device,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a free to use and easy to deploy 2fa solution then this is it!! I was quite impressed with this tool!

Some web apps require a fee to use 2fa, with this tool you can assign it to almost any web app abd use it for free. There is a massive cost saving benefit. Also if you use Google deployment manager you can push this out to every device within seconds,

Project Delivery Manager

"Easy two-step verification"

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup. Just scan the QR code or add the secret key manually. You don't have to sign up using a Google account to use this tool. So even non-Google users can take benefit of this easy and secure product.

What do you dislike?

There is no backup of this product. You can't recover the product if you accidentally delete it or lost the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to embed in your application and has a strong user community available to help you with technical issues.

We are using Google Authenticator for two -step verification for some java based applications for our client.

"keeps my work and school email as safe as you can get"

What do you like best?

I am able to ensure an extra layer of protection for my email account which is both a med school and med work account. I get a lot of private info on this email account and I like knowing that my conversations are safe from hacking.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the numbers on the authenticator expire so quickly. I have to jump from app to app quite fast to enter the correct numbers before they expire.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would add as many devices to it as possible because it really is the bet way to protect your email accounts and things like crypto currency accounts.

I love that this app is free yet it provides more protection then similarly protective file storage devices that have been recommended to me in educational research.

Ejecutivo de cuentas

" It is a software that protects the user with a high standard of security and that is a problem"

What do you like best?

I started using this software on the recommendation of friends and people close to me who advised me to protect my online security with a two-step verification code and for this Google Authenticator was the best decision. For me it was clear the improvement in my online security to ensure that not having the unique code that was generated on my phone was impossible to access.

What do you dislike?

Precisely this was what became a problem for me. For reasons that I know my phone decided to restart factory. What happened? I lost all the information I had associated with my Google Authenticator application. That is, I had to go one by one to each web page or service where I had a two-step verification code, just because the security was so high that there was no way humanly possible to recover accounts linked to the application! I spent quite a few days unhappy with the service and decided not to continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again, I think it is a very good software but if they do not come up with a way to recover the linkages of the accounts with some additional security measure, I honestly do not recommend it.

I was able to temporarily solve the need to increase the security levels in some of the services to which I am subscribed. However, this stopped being important when that increase in security levels became a problem.

"Convenient and easy to access"

What do you like best?

My university transitioned to two factor authentication two years ago. I was initially apprehensive since getting a code texted to me is a slow process with several on campus buildings not getting the best cell reception. Google Authenticator works whether I have reception or not, which is great when I'm out and about.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about this product. It does everything I need from it, and I use it as my hub not only for my work and uni emails but for several personal accounts as well. The only thing I can't do with it is link my Microsoft Outlook work email password. That might speak more to the limitations of Microsoft than Google though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not every product that I use has a connection on the Google Authenticator. It would be nicer if I could make Google Authenticator my one stop shop for password management instead of also having to rely on text message notification. Having to get codes texted or emailed to me is a hassle, and I'd rather have Google Authenticator manage all.

Our network is now more secure with 2FA and I have no loss of speed or access getting to my accounts. I'm constantly in and out of buildings where there is little to no cell reception but great WiFi, so having codes on my Google Authenticator app makes it easier for me to connect to my devices since I get them on my app.

Support Services Manager

"Multiple 2FA tokens in the palm of your hand"

What do you like best?

The Authenticator is as straigthforward as it can be. Install, register a new account for 2FA authentication either manually or scanning a QR code, and you're done. You can store as many as you like in your mobile device and it has a very nice feature of copying the generated token code just by tapping and holding over it.

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing! There's nothing off with this handy tool! Maybe, just maybe, the capability of changing the format of the countdown timer (currently a decreasing pie chart) for other options, such as a gauge or an actual numeric display, but this would e a nice-to-have feature, not something that impairs the operation of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it with total confidence. It's one of the most easy ways to implement 2FA authentication features in your access levels. It only requires a compatible mobile device, such as an Android-based mobile phone with camera, and the required configuration in the respective account that requires a two-way authentication method. Even if not required, if there's an option for 2FA, we encourage you to take advantage of that extra protection layer and leverage it with Google Authenticator. Also, remember that it's free, so there will be no extra cost of deployment in your premises.

Several of our accounts require, or have the option to, 2FA authentication for an extra layer of security at login. We just consolidated them using Authenticator in our employee's assigned mobile devices.

Product Engineer
Research

"so easy to use, there are no excuses not to secure your accounts"

What do you like best?

ease of use and top of the line security. seamless use on any device and compatible with so many different types of accounts. it has a simple UI, can be added to new devices and accounts in a fairly short period of time. You can definitely benefit from using Google Authenticator.

What do you dislike?

it's really hard to dislike anything. if I had to say anything, I'd say just compatibility with even more apps and accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to have the most secure accounts, this is your best option. once you set it up, it's too easy not to use on a daily basis.

security across the gmail accounts and other software that we use. All secure thanks to Google Authenticator

Cryptocoins Trader
Market Research

" Excellent application to keep my important accounts secure."

What do you like best?

I love the amount of applications that I can protect with my Google Authenticator, it is super useful so that nobody but me has access to my accounts and applications.

What do you dislike?

It has nothing that disgusts me, it is super useful and practical.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it, it is super necessary, almost all platforms with web pages use Google Authenticator to protect their users and their information.

A common problem is the fear that there are many ways for someone to choose your clavez, with this application no one will be able to access my accounts, the clavez changes every minute making other people's access impossible.

Corporate Communications Specialist

"Simple, straightforward authenticator"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the authenticator and the ability to add an umpteen number of accounts to it is perhaps the reason why most of us choose the Google Authenticator over the many others available for download. The UI is clean and the learning curve is non-existent.

What do you dislike?

Being a Google product there could've been a lot more features that can be added. At least for Google product login, the authenticator could possibly have a few integrations. But guess that would take away from the USP of the app which is simplicity. There could be a lot more support added for other platforms. A Windows app is one such example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! I don't see an alternate that is going to be as less fussy as the Google Authenticator but with the same level of security that comes associated with a google product. There need not be much thinking behind it and as we all know Google is only going to continue and improve their products. It makes sense to emphasis the need for a two factor authentication for all your employees and get them to set it up with the Google Authenticator right during their onboarding.

Not many business problems per se but the ability to make two factor authentication offline and available at all times irrespective of the mobile coverage (in contrast to over the air OTP) is something that could benefit in places that offer only wired internet coverage.

"very useful"

What do you like best?

this is a great tool to avoid multiple phone numbers and text messages. It allows you to unlock your accounts from anywhere as long as you have the auth app. I tell everyone I know to use this tool and they all seem happy with it

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more tools and did not reset the codes so often, the codes reset every 10 seconds so you have to be quick or the code with say inactive. I have had to deal with this many times before and it can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would tell anyone who need multiple codes to use this because of how easy it is to use.

Troubles having multiple phone numbers and having to have people send codes before they expire.