LinkedIn Premium Reviews & Product Details

What is LinkedIn Premium?

LinkedIn Premium offers advanced functionality for LinkedIn users to increase sales or accelerate their career.

LinkedIn Premium Profile Details

LinkedIn Premium Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
LinkedIn
Description
LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 400 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet.
2003

LinkedIn Premium Reviews

1-25 of 145 total LinkedIn Premium reviews
Finance Controller
(10,001+ employees)

"Build your professional background easily "

What do you like best?

I am using Linkedin more than two years and I was one of the major things in building my career. With premium account you will have a lot of opportunities which will help you to be more professional, for example when you have a premium account you could access to the linkedin learning freely where you can find millions of courses to improve your skills and also they will appear on your profile and it will show that you are professional on that skill. Moreover, the job seeking is also very easy with the premium account where you can directly contact to job poster or while applying to the job externally you can notify the job poster that you are applying for that job. As a professional I am also very interested who is viewing my profile therefore with premium feature I can see that who is viewing my profile and I can collect information about them that why they are looking at my profile.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that I have faced while using this application was the pricing and deduction of the money from my account. I have activated and deactivated this feature many times before and then again it was offering me some free month, however, after the free month was ending they never notify you that some amount of money will be deducted from your account. Moreover, the price of the premium feature is a bit high because I have used this feature while I was unemployed and therefore I have stopped many times because of being a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using linkedin premium trial be careful before month ends it could deduct money from your your account without any information.

I am using this tool for building my professional background and mainly I use it for the courses on linkedin learning where I improve my skills a lot.

soy el creador y dirijo mi empresa de publicidad

" linkedin network of professionals."

What do you like best?

The best thing about linkedin is that through this network you can generate work opportunities you get direct contact with the leaders and referents of your industry, you can share information through groups, we can ask questions to our network about issues that concern us , allows us to network from anywhere in the world and be in contact with professionals and be located, be recommended by other contacts, participate in forums and online consultations with like-minded professionals.

What do you dislike?

For my personal opinion there are very few contras of this service, personal data is obtained in a matter of minutes, a person can be defaced easily, and being seen in a short time by a crowd, could be lent for identity theft, but the Most of these risks occur in any social network, and are minorities for the benefits it provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can share with you that the professional network Linkedin has become in recent years an ideal platform for those people who are interested in publicizing their digital 'resume'. This Web site, oriented to business, aims that people can keep a list with information of those people of interest, that is why I invite you to try it.

As it is evident, Linkedin is a medium where currently, because of its connections, it helps to let you know yourself or the work you do. In a few words it has become a digital market where we have to say "present" taking the appropriate measures to ensure the security of our information and be alert for any alarms that may indicate that something is wrong, that is why I have been given a personal excellent benefits, making me know as an excellent professional and exposing the work that provides my company.

Enrollment Advisor
Education Management

"Connecting Overseas to stand up in the market "

What do you like best?

Though I had less experience in corporate world , I can Assure that LinkedIn help you to know at what heights you're and get connection overseas to grow and explore your skills for enlightening.

Recently activated a Premium account , Found many views on my profile from overseas and get more notifications on job opportunities . If I would aware this long back , I would reach heights . Though best tool ever seen both for corporate and business industry worldwide . Even I would say , I got my 1st career point via LinkedIn research

What do you dislike?

I wont say any dislikes , Thing that disturb is , people think that like other social networks . To be added a feature to report

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend to people who look for job Locally and Internationally ,

To find one's standards in the corporate world and meet it requirements

Best tool for Business

Being in business corporate world , We use this tool to get more connections worldwide professional . We build promotions via LinkedIn , More positive response and customers for business .

Recruitment process makes simpler via LinkedIn Automatic Resume

employee

"Use to get to clients"

What do you like best?

I like that you get 15 in mails a month. That helped me get to different client targets that were unreachable before I did LinkedIn Premium. You also are able to see everyone who has viewed your profile. It also separates those people into where they are professionally.

What do you dislike?

The price is very high for what it offers and depending on what you want to do with LinkedIn Premium the price is higher. I don't see much more it does over the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know that it can be pricey for what you are needing from it. In order to justify the price you need to be pulling in five figure contracts.

The business problem I am solving is getting to the decision makers. I don't have to go through a gatekeeper.

I am a professional dedicated to what I am and very successful.

"Linkedin premium excellent tool for job search."

What do you like best?

For job seekers, it is a free application and there is also a mobile version available. LinkedIn is easy to create your profile online from your resume. Connection requests are easy to send, and LinkedIn even makes suggestions from people you may know. The "degrees" of a connection are a good feature. The ability to send an InMail message to the person who posted the job and the reference request are also excellent features to help in my job search. LinkedIn also has its own messaging service to allow direct messages through the application, even without the traditional text messaging services. I would like to see real work recommendations based on the content of my LinkedIn profile.

What do you dislike?

When you create a job offer, you must enter 1 specific location where the position is located. I would like there to be a field that would allow you to include more than 1 location. This way I do not have to do the same job posting twice with the different locations. Therefore, my biggest disadvantage would be the lack of personalization of the location for the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In general, what LinkedIn premium is unique, as it creates a professional social networking platform to connect job seekers and recruiters. It has a great interface and many tools to help you be as active as you want and tips to stand out above the rest if you spend time, I recommend it.

Currently LinkedIn Premium is an incredible software for all those who are looking for a job change. I think everyone can have a desirable job with the help of LinkedIn, I just need some efforts and time to apply, it saves me time to check the resume of the ideal person that my super good company needs.

Marketing Director
Financial Services

"Great for growing your business through social selling"

What do you like best?

I love that you can see everyone who has viewed your profile and also unlimited searches. if you are prospecting on linkedin and looking to grow your network - premium is a MUST! because it gives you the ability to dive deep and really get to all the important leads that you need in order to be successful in whatever industry you are apart of.

What do you dislike?

sometime the searching is difficult where it doesn't show new people. needs to be creative sometimes on what keywords you are searching for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for new clients do the premium account. It is setting you up to succeed

We were trying to find a better way to prospect. The key performer is knowing who your target market is - whether it is alum, specific industry, sports enthusiast - you can find them on LI. We needed to get intouch with the right people and LI is helping us to do so.

Graphic Designer
Graphic Design
(Myself Only)

"Great insight and perks for Job-Seeker Premium."

What do you like best?

I have the Job Seeker Premium level, and I have benefited from the Job Seeker Premium discussion group, as well as the Premium insights provided when looking for jobs. The ability to message recruiters and company connections is quite a bonus, too!

What do you dislike?

The $29.95 per month is relatively expensive, especially for a job seeker. I am not using all of the features available to me to their fullest extent, though...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At its core, LinkedIn is an excellent platform. Premium provides much more, which has been a fantastic benefit for job-seeking. I do not know much about the other levels of Premium, but I imagine having a more well-rounded LinkedIn experience is an excellent benefit no matter the level!

I decided to invest in Job Seeker Premium in order to expand my networking and job search skills. I have been able to see many different perspectives on job hunting thanks to the Job Seeker Premium group. By having this group private, there is a protection against being "outed" by a current coworker or employer (which is not applicable to me, but still...).

"love it"

What do you like best?

i am a sales development representative at datadog and i love using linkedin premium. my company, datadog, pays for the premium so that we have access and so that we can be better sales people. being a sales development representative, it's sometimes difficult to reach clients and having in mail credits is awesome.

What do you dislike?

the more inmail credits we could get would be better. we don't get enough and then i can't reach everyone i need to reach in regards to selling datadog (the company i work for) and the fact that if i can't reach people that i need to sell to then i won't be able to sell the product and then i won't be successful at my job

Recommendations to others considering the product:

love it

contacting prospects and selling datadog to them.

"Excellent tool"

What do you like best?

I value the ability to send an InMail to a person who's outside my network. Also great to see who's viewed my profile. I only just realized I have access to online learning through my Premium subscription, so I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that!

What do you dislike?

If I'm not mistaken, when messaging with the built-in chat hitting the "Return" key sends the message. That feature is a pet peeve of mine since I often forget and have sent messages before I was ready (when I was just trying to add a paragraph break) - it'd be great to be able to have an option to have that key behave differently. If that's already an available preference, would love to know that!

For work, I've used LinkedIn to find companies and individuals that seem especially likely to benefit from our company's offerings.

(Myself Only)

"Infuriating Job Listing"

What do you like best?

Currently, LinkedIn is the most popular business connection site in the world.

What do you dislike?

...but the job listings is incredibly infuriating. In spite of adding filters, jobs are presented in various lists and NOT IN THE CHRONOLOGICAL order the were posted. You can then delete some job offers you are not interested in on some lists, but they can reappear in the same list or on another list. It is a ridiculous exercise in searching and filtering.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Provide a single, simple list of job offers, in chronological order of posting, the user can effectively filter and permanently delete parts of. The various lists of jobs are confusing and ineffective.

LinkedIn remains a great forum to connect and communicate with business.

Sales Development and Strategic Partnerships
Internet

"Really helpful features. Definitely worth the price. "

What do you like best?

When I was working in sales I utilized this much more and liked the InMail credits the best.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes laggy (about once a week). I'll often need to wait an hour or two before this gets fixed. I've also run into a few issues with the UI.

Prospecting, prior job searching.

"Shady Business"

What do you like best?

emailing prospects, some of the search features. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What a shady business practice of auto-renewing a service with ZERO warning that a renewal date is coming up. And when I tried to dispute the charge, guess what......not a single customer service phone number to call. I guess LinkedIn does not understand the concept of the life-time value of a customer, or providing long-term valuable services to their clients. Instead they are making it as difficult as possible to speak with someone. Jeff Weiner might want to spend less time courting Oprah and more time talking with the people at Apple or Southwest Airlines, who know how to serve customers, quickly, professionally, and always make the customer feel good about the resolution.

I'm in sales

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great for prospecting"

What do you like best?

I love that is has a deeper understanding of companies and allows for easier prospecting.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features to learn, its more on the user learning curve and not the product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use it to its full capabilities. Following companies and getting updates is my favorite part so far

I am able to do deeper prospecting and learn more about companies and people (prospects). You are able to follow companies and get updates when they are posted which allows you to make a more personal email to them.

Account Executive
Internet

"A must for anyone on the Job Hunt!"

What do you like best?

The best part about being a Premium member is how easy it is to scope out potential jobs. Once you filter by Industry, location, salary etc there are almost too many options to look through. Also, more job openings are added every day. Some of these openings you can "Apply with LinkedIn Profile" and it only takes one click. To make the job search even easier, you are able to download the LinkedIn Jobs app to your smartphone. Using Inmail you are sometimes able to contact the recruiter directly which is a HUGE plus.

What do you dislike?

There is no part of LinkedIn Premium I dislike. However, I found no need for it once I landed a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A must if you are looking for a job. Also, I noticed the clear benefits of using LinkedIn Premium as a sales tool. Having Inmail options seems like an more convenient and personal way to contact a potential buyer rather than the classic cold call.

As stated above, the benefits I realized while using LinkedIn Premium were many. The instant one click apply button, the recommended job LinkedIn provides daily, the mobile app, and the use of Inmail to contact recruiters directly. I highly recommend LinkedIn Premium for anyone looking for a job.

UD

"Try cancelling your Premium Memership"

What do you like best?

So far the best use I have been able to take advantage of is to confirm if a particular person works at a certain company. And even that information if iffy because the person may have not changed their profile on linkedin. I am linkedout.

What do you dislike?

When trying to contact Linkedin on the phone, there is no direct phone number provided to call!

You have google several different phone numbers, which state that you call and get a live person on the phone which NONE of the numbers connect to a live person. It is an act of Congress to cancel your membership.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that linkedin provide an easy way for the membership to make contact with customer service. It seems like linkedin it set up to avoid speaking to their membership to avoid dealing with issues.

I contacted several potential customers through the website. Very few will respond.

Business Development Account Executive
Financial Services

"Excellent for basic prospecting"

What do you like best?

Being able to send direct messages is probably the best feature with LinkedIn Premium. The searching tool is great and being able to integrate with Email Hunter and Datanyze are LIFE SAVERS.

What do you dislike?

Having more allotted monthly direct messages would be nice. Having more extensive search tools would be nice, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As always, it helps to have someone at your organization who already has experience with software. That way you don't always need to rely on customer support for all your questions.

We are making the web a more meaningful place. We proud ourselves on accomplishing a lot with a small team. Because of this, we all wear a lot of hats and efficiency is key. LinkedIn Premium allows me to do this.

This is a MUST tool for any account development, account executive, sales reps, etc.

"LinkedIn premium has opened up a world of prospects that fit our ideal customer profile"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn has helped optimise our search capability. We are a vertically aligned sales unit, so being able to search both company and person on vertical alignment eases our search. The advanced search enables us to go that level deeper and find more prospects in each account. The premium element unlocks additional profiles and information which we are able to use to 'warm' cold sales approaches and calls.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn premium sometimes jumps around the page, when selecting your search criteria in the advanced capability you have to scroll down, as it jumps to the top of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fairly costly solution, but if you are using it to drive sales data in conjunction with another tool like Salesloft, it is very powerful. I believe it has a database of around 300 million and growing, it is much more up to date than buying lists and can give valuable insight to warm sales calls etc.

It is helping us to uncover contacts that fit our ideal customer profile, we are using it in conjunction with Salesloft which is a great add on. I would recommend both in conjunction to streamline pulling of contacts.

"LinkedIn Premium Review"

What do you like best?

It's an amazing platform if you really believe in Network is Networth. Premium helped me to search and connect with numerous number of prospect & thought leaders of my industry and indeed the golden badge authenticate and distinct my profile from others :)

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such, In fact I don't find a single such thing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A fantastic tool for networking

Searching the right persona in an account, building initial connects

Sales Effectiveness Manager
Construction

"Improving interface but needs better integration with sales navigator"

What do you like best?

It gives you superior access to people in the LinkedIn network - much more convenient than the free version

What do you dislike?

Sales Navigator is a separate step - you have to actively choose to use it rather than it being the standard screen when you login.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not a cheap solution - perhaps test it first with some key users - including detractors. Find out what works and what does not before committing.

Access to a wider network of people in industries and companies than interest us

Account Manager - Accounting and Finance - Direct-Hire & Contract
Staffing and Recruiting

"LinkedIn Review #1"

What do you like best?

By far the most important tool is the inmails. They spout it on their site that inmails get a better response rate than cold calls and emails and I honestly believe it to be true. When I am marketing for more business, inmails get me a great response rate.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more inmails! I only get 30 each month and they go quickly. They have changed the linkedin policy on inmails a few times since I started use a Premium Sales Account (Sales Executive originally) and it used to give back inmails if you didnt get a response, then only if you did get a response, and now we get more inmails if someone views and then declines an inmail. I know it is all in an effort to quality control and I get it but would like more inmails for my money

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't know how Sales people can get by without Linkedin, especially if your company does not have a robust database to begin with. If you are opening a new market, or just trying to build your own brand, LinkedIn is a must. The upgraded Sales accounts do offer some necessary functions, namely inmails. They work!

As previously stated, the biggest benefit is the high response rate on inmails. I really am able to connect with more customers in a higher quality fashion. Frankly, I don't know that I could do my job without LinkedIn. Also, I can see more names in targeted searches then with a basic account which helps for prospecting. I also use the Introductions feature to mushroom into new accounts by leveraging my current relationships

Sales Development Manager
Media Production

"Top Notch Professional Network"

What do you like best?

The best and most popular user-content generated professional network. I like the search criteria features and the large wide network of users from various industries, markets, and territories. Indeed LinkedIn has connected more people than any other professional network. Pulse, Ellevate, and connected are great apps as well, in addition to unique social selling tools like prospector and elink and inamil that boost the sales funnel.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model is so high that not all companies can invest, particularly startups with limited cashflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider trying the solution for your team beforehand, and invest on the solution with key users LDRs and SDRs, before rolling out to optimize the cost and increase Roi.

Funnel and sales development, plus serach for key decision makers based on select search criteria,

Territory Marketing
Building Materials

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

I loved that you were able to turn off and on certain features that you typically would be unable to with a standard account. I also like that you are able to private message people without having to be connected to that individual.

What do you dislike?

The pricing in my opinion was a bit steep to really be able to use it for what is is intended.

Being able to connect and contact people via linked to get another touch point with a prospective lead.

"LinkedIn Premium"

What do you like best?

The fact that having a Premium account adds a lot of credibility to your profile.

This is very important when you are approaching people for jobs on LinkedIn.

Another good feature is that it displays how you fare against other applicants for a particular job opening.

Lastly, the courses on LinkedIn Learning are also really informative.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little too high, especially for a student like myself.

Another thing that can be changed is the number of InMail credits that are offered. Normally, a user is just allowed 5 InMail credits and this can be increased a little.

Networking

Job Search

"Linkedin Premium Was Suprisingly Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to contact people I am not connected with, and being able to view their full profiles to network and build professional connections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing plan. The best feature to me is sending Inmail, and for just that feature, I feel there should be a lower price plan. The other features are based on algorithms that I feel change and are inaccurate. I feel this, because I would refresh my browser and the insights would be drastically different in a short span of time. I found that unhelpful and deceptive marketing-for which they want me to pay!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try-they offer a trial version! I wish they still had the student plan, but I do feel it is worth the investment for early career talent.

Business problems solved- greater amount of data and insights to draw from it, granted it is accurate. Inmail connection allowing for direct conversations.

Benefits realized- the ease of networking with the way the platform is setup, and getting demographical information that is helpful.

Researcher/Recruiter
Publishing

"I couldn't survive without LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Everyone is on this system. If you are a recruiter then LinkedIn (especially LinkedIn recruiter) is VITAL

What do you dislike?

EVERYONE knows about it and uses it so candidates are bombarded by InMails everyday so sometimes you need to find another way to get a hold of candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in any type of Client managing, Recruiting, Head Hunting, Human Resource type of business you need to have LinkedIn

I am solving the problem of finding solid candidates for the positions I am trying to fill and LinkedIn definitely helps with that.

LinkedIn Premium User Ratings

8.6
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Social Networks Category
Do you work for LinkedIn Premium?

LinkedIn Premium Categories on G2