FullStory Reviews & Product Details

FullStory Overview

What is FullStory?

FullStory’s digital experience platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. FullStory proactively surfaces top opportunities to optimize digital experience, enabling teams to understand issues, prioritize fixes, remediate bugs, and measure the impact of those changes. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.

FullStory Details

FullStory is a digital experience intelligence platform for product, development, marketing and customer support and success teams. FullStory provides digital experience analytics, on-the-fly conversion funnels, advanced search capabilities, video-like replay of real user sessions, and robust debugging and developer tools—all while integrating with leading SaaS products.

FullStory

FullStory Screenshots

FullStory Reviews

Showing 114 FullStory reviews
Already have FullStory?
What do you like best?

- Great, shareable session replay. Helps to identify consumer pain points in a qualitative fashion. In particular for new features, helps to identify what is working and what is not working (rage clicks, dead clicks, etc)

- Integrations are superb (Slack, Tealium, etc)

- Search/segment capability is great (search by user ID to see what a consumer saw) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- This is not really a knock anymore but initially Fullstory was focused on CX with less of an emphasis on quantitive product analysis and data export (ETL to a data warehouse), which somewhat limited the use cases for the product. With a lot of the recent feature development (Metrics, Funnels, Conversions), this is less of a concern Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fullstory is our primary tool for getting qualitative feedback with respect to our online experience; we've been able to uncover pain points in the experience and watch in real-time how customers are reacting to what we've built. It's helped us build products more intelligently and rapidly.

We also use it for customer support purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FullStory gives me answers. I use analytics tools and can identify trends, but when I go into FullStory I see actual users engage with my website. FullStory goes beyond the what and gives me the why behind my data. I consider this an essential tool for getting voice of customer.

Also, FullStory is very active in releasing new functionality, recently, i've enjoyed scroll maps and prior to that I started using the Conversions tool to find pain points in my buyers journey.

Finally, I appreciate the privacy features, they help me comply with privacy regulations like CCPA and GDPR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they charge for seats. I manage many websites and over 40 FullStory accounts, and this has become an issue for me. That being said, I have voiced my concerns and they are actively working on my feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm finding customer pain points, poor user experiences and ways to make a users journey easier. FullStory's heuristic metrics like rage clicks and dead clicks are a game changer for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in FullStory
What do you like best?

First of all, FullStory is incredible. I could go on and on, for days, about how awesome it is. This question asks what I like best, so I will keep it brief. (I'm saving you from reading an essay)

The thing I like best about FullStory is the way it allows us to, quite literally, see the user experience from the user's perspective.

All of the Searchies, metrics, events, etc., that go along with these replays allow us to discover the good, the bad, and the ugly within our sites. Additionally, these tools allow us to have foresight into issues and friction that may arise (before it impacts a large percentage of users). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though they are on their way, FullStory does not yet have a quantitative base that we would use on a daily basis. We defer to Google Analytics and PowerBI for quantitative data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a unique way to unlock qualitative and quantitative insights about your users and web properties, do not hesitate to give FullStory a try. Furthermore, they have an out of this world support team who is ready to help you with ANYTHING (in a very timely manner). Big shout out to Emily and Billy at FullStory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frustration events have been a large portion of the problem-solving power FullStory has unlocked. It has allowed us to discover and fix issues that we would have otherwise been unaware of.

Furthermore, it aided in the redesign of our Product Listing Pages by giving us insights to user flow, friction areas, and next-step conversions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

FullStory allows us to actually see what our visitors are experiencing from their point of view. Now when we have a question based on analytics trends we can go back and see what exactly is happening from the visitors perspective.

Ease of implementation (single tag and you're good to go), 3rd party integrations (Slack, Jira, Google Analytics and Qualtrics have been game changers for our organization), and quick and friendly customer support have also been great as well as our great customer success manager.

Intuitive UI makes getting new users into the platform a breeze but there is also enough depth with some of the advanced features to keep even the power users busy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

FullStory has changed the way we approach our over digital understanding of consumer behavior but our team wasn't necessarily setup to dedicate fulltime resources or allocate new headcount to fully utilize the platform. As a result we have been slower to utilize all of the platform features than I would have preferred. We have been tackling more and more advanced features with the help of our customer success manager but I would have preferred to have been 100% dedicated or had additional headcount to focus solely on setting up the advanced features (some custom integrations, custom events, advanced segments/dashboards/conversion funnels/etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer have to assume what visitors are doing when we are viewing analytics. We now know exactly how far they are scrolling down, what are they hovering over, what are they clicking on, and what the overall experience looks like to them. Combine that with out integration into our web feedback tool Qualtrics and we have been able to hunt down some elusive bugs and UI/UX issues that lived outside of our QA/UAT. The Jira integration then has allowed us to quickly spin-up bug tickets that contained all of the user information as well as a link to see their actual session replay. Just for bug-hunting alone the tool is worth it.

On a deeper level though we have been able to get some actionable insights from segment behavior through various funnels that has directly impacted our A/B testing approach. Plus the benefit of launching a test and seeing if the user behaves as your hypothesis intended is a huge win. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Developers and business partners alike can get valuable insights. The ability to create custom dashboards gives you the ability to focus on the data that is most relevant to your role. The tool has built in collaboration capabilities like Note & Share that I use every day. I can determine the scope and impact of a newly discovered defect with a couple clicks. The ability to prioritize incoming work based on the data provided by FullStory is invaluable to our business partners. I can view high level trends for all of our users and focus in on any user's specific session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Flutter Mobile is not supported. I have found so many opportunities to improve our website that sometimes I don't know where to start. Sometimes watching users struggle on our website makes me depressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Registration success rates, Conversion rates, Triage for Incidents, validating user actions, compare feedback to real user sessions, determine avg time to complete certain actions, measuring marketing campaign effectiveness, integrations with other tools provides advanced logging and significantly decreased time to resolve incidents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

What we like best about FullStory is the ability to review user sessions, especially live ones. We like that we can implement certain triggers on our app such as sending name/email/order number and those attributes show up as searchable things in FullStory.

We also love that we can view user sessions and that customer private information is hidden during session reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What we dislike from FullStory sometimes is that some sessions are either lost or not viewable. When our app crashes we don't know why since FullStory seems to stop working a few seconds/minutes before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we are trying to solve with FullStory is having a bigger insight on what our users are doing. We want to be able to understand how they're using certain features and have the ability to debug any potential issues on the fly. Having the ability to see how our users are using new features and where they might be confused is super important to us.

Some of the benefits we realized is how the live feature allows us to talk to our users (customer service specialist) out of issues they're are having. This helps them continue talking to customers, why support is quickly providing some feedback bases on what the specialist is viewing.

Another benefits we have realized is seeing where some particular users are rage clicking or using the app. This allows us to quickly iterate and fix potential issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like being able to track the success of new features by watching users who have engaged with that feature as soon as it launches. You can also easily create links to specific user actions in order to share with your stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to create new search queries based on the tracked user actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our team hosts weekly FullStory watching sessions with the entire team. This allows us to regularly see users on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to quickly see how a new feature is performing. We can create a search query based on URL parameters as well as CSS selectors. We can then watch in real-time users interacting with the feature as soon as it has launched. This allows us to see what is effective and what potential usability issues there may be. FullStory has also helped us uncover bugs by regularly watching user sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility of the platform and its simple user experience to gather insights and understand how your product is used in the wild. There are aspects of the platform that has a clear job, which makes it easy to navigate and start learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The setup to be able to start learning and gaining insights could be improved – setting up the right watch lists, elements to track, custom events, segments can be a bit tedious. But once that's all set up, it is easy to use and start learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For the product team, identifying the problems users face with our product and prioritising what to improve next is the benefit we're looking to gain. We've found that Support teams, Engineers also benefit from the session replays, to be able to retrace and look back at events that have happened, identify performance issues, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

FullStory helps us understand the full picture of what our clients are trying to tell us and how our clients are really using our products. It helps our support team give more accurate answers faster and helps our product team gain insights that we wouldn't have had before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For us to get the most out of Fullstory we have to involve our developers a lot. I'd love to just install the script and go, but to get valuable insights, you need to take development time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fullstory solves the problem of not knowing how our product is truly being used. Sometimes users can't fully communicate how they are using our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior QA Engineer
What do you like best?

1.) Fullstory provides more filters to search data in a very accurate manner

2.) It can support multiple users

3.) User able to create more segments

4.) Shows list of recent segments

5.) Can provide daily,weekly,monthly and yearly report

6.) Generate Metrics format report

7.) Shows report in different format i.e. graph, bar etc.

8.) Proper tutorial video available

9.) Dashboard facility also available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1.) Need license for multiple users

2.) Sometimes user details not displayed with Userid

3.) Put lot of effort for accurate data

4.) Need to upgarde plan when expired

5.) Dashboard is so conjusted

6.) High charges for multiple users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes. For Data Analytics for multiple users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem Solve :

We able to identify the user process whenever any CS request occured

Able to identify user complete activity

Benefits :-

Able to identify user traffic

Able to count no of users hitted a particular page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Finance Account
What do you like best?

It provides an optimal visualization that reflects important and precise user data and in this way, as a company, we can obtain a better support service and also provide information that will allow us to improve products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost version offers a greater number of tools, but it is not out of this world as it is a little slow when loading videos, but it is still a very good option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

recommended for large companies. The tools and functionality in the free version will be very helpful for those small businesses looking for answers to unknowns to improve their performance and provide better service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are very relieved to be able to understand all our clients through FullStory. We take a lot into account what they think of the products and their way of using them since we always seek to give the best of us and offer a better service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

It has a fairly easy-to-use interface, which greatly simplifies the understanding of its use, since basically its learning was based on “learning by use”. It provides a window to see the operation of my website, allowing me to see and analyze the interaction between users and my website, in addition, thanks to this functionality I am able to see in real time what are the possible failures that may occur to users users (in case they appear) while browsing my website, allowing to know what points I should focus on in the future to solve. It provides metrics of value that allow us to make decisions objectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion it is quite depressing the way they take care of this staff. In some cases, the performance of the software is quite low, resulting in a general slowdown, thus causing long periods of time to wait for decision-making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it on my website as software that would allow me to see, analyze and understand the behavior of the user within it, since I had certain doubts about its versatility, thanks to this I could realize that my website was not completely optimized as I thought and I focus on solving the errors that I found thanks to this tool, thus satisfying the needs of my users and increasing traffic to my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
What do you like best?

Full Story is a great in mix of quantitative data and more qualitative data like user testing. Where other analytics software will show you what happened, Full Story shines by letting you see how it happened. Watching user sessions helps us find out where people are getting stuck and how often, which helps us be more direct in our user research sessions. When I want to know how a feature is performing, Full Story is the first place I go.

The features I particularly like are:

1. The ability to note and share a clip with PMs and Engineers so they can see the problem or issue for themselves

2. The error tracking so Engineers can start troubleshooting without needing to get the user on the phone

3. The LIVE feature which lets me follow along in some user testing sessions where we can't get screensharing to work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues where I think Full Story could be improved:

1. Organizing and sharing segments. They've made some recent improvement here but it can still be a little cumbersome to share segments with teammates. And you quickly end up with a ton of different segments "starred" so you don't lose them.

2. Many of the reports only show you the top 10 for that particular segment. It'd be nice to be able to view or download all instead of just the top 10.

3. The notes feature has a lot of promise, but without any organization, they tend to just get forgotten. I'd love to be able to group my notes together or use tags so that I can see common themes emerge.

4. The heatmap tool doesn't seem very accurate. I'm never sure exactly what the parameters of the heatmap are (only the current search? all users? something else?)

5. The error click and mouse thrashing "searchies" don't seem helpful as we seem to get a lot of false positives. Some 'error clicks' are on clickable elements. And many 'mouse thrashes' are just the user moving their mouse from one element to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem we're solving is being able to see how users are using our product. What patterns are emerging, where they're getting stuck, etc. so we can further improve our web app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Our company saves time using Fullstory's session replay for bugs. Before Fullstory, we would have to recreate bugs, or assume what the error was. Now with session replay, we simply watch the users experience to identify the issues.

I like the data from our custom segments. I can easily create a segment to measure engagement, friction, and the overall UX of a specific page or function.

The zendesk integration is one of the biggest perks. We can easily see the users session within zendesk and choose the one to watch. often times the users cannot fully describe their issues, having the sessions to refer to have been a game changer for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fullstory almost does TOO much. One can get lost in a data rabbit hole. It is hard to identify who the users are.

Search function can be improved. I often cannot find users I know have sessions recorded.

Dissecting data by month, day, etc. can be improved. It was difficult to get year end totals. More filters would be helpful.

You need to have a high level of software knowledge to use Fullstory. It is not easy to use, and the demos are not personable enough. It would be helpful if the agents took time to understand what our business does, and show us how Fullsotry can help our specific needs.

I do not like the setup of this survey. It provides the questions in small bunches, should be able to see the entire survey and the requirements for a attributed/complete review. My input may be useless at this point because I am just typing to get the required word count. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a developer on staff or someone with high level of tech savyness.

Know what you are trying to uncover. You can get lost in a rabbit hole. Have an understanding of your company's goals and KPIs.

understand the nuances or the data and how it is tracked. It took my company a year to get this right.

Get as much help/support as you can from the Fullstory team. They are always available for demos, but beware, it always leads to a sales pitch. Be sure about what you need and what you don;t need. may take a while to figure it out.

view data often, and record your metrics outside of fullstory as the data changes by the second. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

saving time by easily identifying friction with session replay and custom segments.

Marketing funnels are now being utilized by my company. Allows us to see if the user is doing what we want them to do, or if our flow needs to be updated.

Allows us to understand where traffic is coming from and where our focus needs to be driven.

Provides valuable consumer insight without having to ask the consumer.

More data than we had previously allowed us to see what our users where doing and using the most. This allowed us to prioritize upgrades/projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Adding tags to your application makes for quick navigation through recordings, allowing you to find similar events and user experience pain points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile SDK has had some issues, but no breaking changes that preclude you from using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to improve the UI/UX to increase the stickiness of our app. Since taking advantage of the usage insights provided by FullStory, we have seen user conversion and retention increase, and user churn decrease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Analytics tools can give you data, but numbers don't always tell the whole story. Having the ability to watch user journeys through our app or through certain features has given our team valuable insights to identify UX issues that we wouldn't be able to see by just looking at data. The ability for the UX or support teams to easily share those sessions with our dev teams has also improved our ability to either redesign or debug issues in the app much quicker.

FullStory is a critical piece of any new feature launch. As soon as we deploy, we can see issues that help us identify opportunities for improvement as we continue to test and iterate.

The ability to create custom segments is also very helpful and easy to set up using the powerful filtering tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are on an enterprise plan with multiple workspaces and the seat licensing structure is somewhat costly if you have users that need access to multiple workspaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our primary use case for FullStory is to address UX issues for our app. It gives our design and product management teams immediate feedback on the ease-of-use for our app and its features that we can't get from statistical data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the categories that FullStory groups website interaction with, such as rage clicks and dead clicks. It makes it much easier to get a full picture of how my company’s website is doing and trends are easier to understand. The alerts feature is perfect for when I need to know if something is wrong or not performing as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if some categories were more specific, for example if alerts could be set based on the day of the week or a certain month, to help with gauging specific business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Heat maps are great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problems I’m having is that some of the categories are too broad for business needs, and I would like to be able to refine them farther (day of week). The benefits are being able to see real users interact with our website and the heat maps allow us to focus on the important parts of our website development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been using FullStory just short of a year and it has changed the way I handle support cases related to UX. It's one thing to receive feedback from a user but to be able to see exactly what occurred during their journey has elevated our levels of support and helped our product teams understand if/when improvements need to be made. Not to mention you can also identify instances where user error has occurred and avoid unnecessary back and forth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the recent global changes to privacy and data regulations, the type of problems I was solving with FullStory was impacted. With limited access to user information, FullStory has become less impactful for me and my business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FullStory has helped us more easily identify product issues, more quickly digest and resolve those issues and reduced the amount of time our support staff has to spend troubleshooting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User experience and ability to find the root case Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search for some parameter is difficult

Not intuitive for multiple sessions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for session replay and analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understand the issues faced by users going through their journey Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Understanding your customer and their interaction and engagement with your product is intrinsic to your success. How can you get your whole team appreciating that journey from many different sources of data? Performance reporting, customer service feedback, chatbot or in funnel messaging let’s you know something might be wrong but how do you find and instantly understand the issue and can share it with your team? Or perhaps you operate in a highly regulated field and interact with your regulator? Then wouldn’t you want evidence of compliance in app? Full Story provides a video recording where you can literally tra is over many sessions and over time the exact experience that your customer had going through your platform. Picking the exact session would be challenging but Full Story stores, stamps and integrates beautifully with key feedback apps such as mix panel, intercom and sales force. Software engineers can immediately identify bugs and other issues and fix them quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike as it does what say sms in the tin! And a lot more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linking feedback with an exact video we can can experience our app as our customer did. Bugs can go undetected and customer feedback can be hard to understand. Product, Marketing and Engineering teams love the ability to link feedback with a video and to be able to view parts of the experience and see what the issue actually is. Anybody in the team can audit our product and get great ideas for fixes and features that customer will love. Time isn’t wasted, solutions are better thought through and culture improves when the whole team is focused on the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ET
What do you like best?

Super easy to use as a busy person with little time to dedicate to training on a tool, and I love sending examples to my IT teams for speedy fixing and customer experience improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike when the team says there's an issue but hasn't looked in FullStory :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the most valuable tool in my digital arsenal by far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Conversion losses, customer frustration, and ultimately revenue loss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Architect
What do you like best?

We have been using the free version for a while and it's been of great value. We're now undergoing a trial of certain Enterprise features to try and increased the value to the business. We had to engage with technical support about a particular issue and the experience was just amazing compared to other big and market leader vendors. Outstanding customer experience from our perspective and their responsiveness is unmatched. The pixel-perfect screen recording generation is something that other tools could potentially offer, but the FullStory's privacy-first approach is world class and the PII masking is something that no one else is doing. Any business would be able to tag the data elements on a specific web page to be masked and they would be visually blurred during screen playback. Another powerful feature is the ability to add extended metadata to the session (like identifying the logged user, adding the products that were added to a shopping cart, etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but will amend this review if something come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give FullStory a try. No other solutions match what they are currently offering and most of the features come out-of-the-box with not even the slight configuration effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to measure if our investments on UX/CX are paying off by meshing Digital Analytics data with traditional transactional and relational data that is already available on our data lake and data warehouse. We're still far from the end of the journey but the value perceived is of immense help to achieve the currently expected business outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This tool has enabled our team to do a few things that helped up make our product better.

1. When bugs would happen in production it was easy to find users that ran into those problems and see exactly how to replicate.

2. When ideating and planning it's nice to follow users through their use of the site and see the pain points they experience. We saw abandoned forms due to poor messaging, broken link pathing due to unclear link text.

All easy fixes that made the customer experience much better and would have never been found without FullStory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The privacy part was always a concern to me. Sometime forms were not obscured properly and customer information was visible when it should not have been. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using fullstory to monitor customer engagements with our site and take actions to make that interaction better when we can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.