(1,790)

Import expenses directly from a credit card to create free expense reports quickly with Expensify. Approve reports online and reimburse directly to a checking account with one click.

Work for Expensify?

Learning about Expensify?

Expensify Reviews

Ask Expensify a Question
Showing 1,790 Expensify reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Expensify

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Sean Carlos F.
Mark F.

"A low-hassle way to log and process business expenses"

What do you like best?

Instead of scanning or making photo copy of a receipt, I can use Expensify to take a photo of my receipt and instantly upload it into our Expensify system for processing. Expensify has a many options for logging different types of expenses. I can log miles that I've driven to account for gas expenses. The layout and design of Expensify makes it easy to use in both the browser version and the app. The approval process flow is efficient and allows for multiple approval levels with the option of requests for further details, if needed.

What do you dislike?

I generally don't like per user pricing, so that would be a negative for me. About the software, though the basics functions are easy to understand and use, some of the more advanced features, such as external software integrations, can be rather complicated for me. Even when I do connect with other software, some of the data doesn't sync up the way I expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expensify is a great way to go for expense reports in companies of all sizes. It can make everyone's lives easier and doesn't take long to set up. Everything is pretty much processed through a web-based system that you don't have to worry about maintaining.

I've benefited from Expensify's ability to allow our expenses to be processed quickly. I can upload images of my receipts through the Expensify app and not have to deal with any paper or office equipment. I've been able to get reimbursed in a timely fashion and am able to respond to approver requests whenever there are issues. Overall, it's just an easy system to use that's easy to access from anywhere.

Verushka C.

"A tool that facilitates all the accounting work"

What do you like best?

Expensify is an intuitive and easy to use assistant, it facilitates my accounting system and controls my expenses, it quickly registers all my data and invoices validating and classifying the information of my accounts, coding and evaluating almost automatically. I use it in my daily life or in my work, it is really a helping hand that facilitates in many aspects so many complicated calculations.

What do you dislike?

In fact I do not find many defects that bother me, personally. Maybe I would need an alert where I indicated the limitation of my funds to be more aware of billing without having to worry too much about the automatic validation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt, Expensify is totally necessary for the coordinated and administrative work. It facilitates the accounting area, automating the system of payments and invoices. I recommend it.

It has greatly benefited us with its invoice storage system, we can maintain our control of receipts and accounting of payments to be able to maintain each of the records. It is so simple to configure and register all our invoices that the process is almost automatic, codifies and releases complete reports that make the work completely easier and saves us a lot of time invested.

Moises R.

"The smartest way to carry your expenses"

What do you like best?

Finally an application with which I can in a simple and intuitive way keep track of my expenses and accounts without much complication. Most of the tools to control expenses and keep accounts of my purchases are very complicated to use and need many steps to register and validate the information. With Expensify I can upload information about my expenses and bills by taking a photo of my receipts and uploading it to my account. I can load all the details of my transactions and keep storing all my expenses in a very easy and fast way. The program classifies automatically transcribes the data of my invoices, classifies them and codes them. For any company or for personal use, Expensify is your ally

What do you dislike?

I have not had problems with the program. The fact that it is not integrated with some other programs is not such a negative thing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it to all small and medium companies that need a virtual accountant that will only offer solutions and avoid many headaches

In my work, it has been very helpful to keep my personal accounts and those of the department that I coordinate. Many bills are lost over time and the few records we have made have also been lost in the archives of our computers. Now with Expensify we have been able to control the expenses and save the receipts once they are obtained, thus preventing them from being lost. As a coordinator in my department this tool has allowed me to avoid the inconveniences with my superiors at the time of rendering the accounts and since Expensify automatically classifies and codes the invoices and receipts, I do not have to worry about the tedious work of organizing them.

Mauricio R.

"The ideal application for controlling expenses"

What do you like best?

Expensify is an application that allows me to have real control of my expenses in an easy and simple way. It is the ideal assistant that helps us remember the expenses and payments we have made and those that are still to be done. We can store our invoices and receipts of expenses with all the data they have and then create categories or modalities of expenses, being able to graph them and graphically see the results. The application is available for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Palm Pre. It allows you to send invoices via email or sms so that they can be stored and allows you to automatically register your credit card information

What do you dislike?

Some of our employees do not speak English and the application is only in that language so it is difficult to use it initially for this type of user. We must make a special selection of what they speak English to be able to charge them with this task of handling the data with this application. To improve this application it would be ideal to incorporate other languages ​​for its internationalization

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it for being a very friendly and useful application for controlling expenses

This application has allowed us to easily and simply take the smaller cats of our company. The surplus of some transactions or interest generated by payments of services rendered historically we have taken in something that we call "petty cash" but we have always had problems when controlling the costs incurred with these surpluses, so this application has allowed us control this type of expenses

Colin M.

"If you need to track expenses you need Expensify"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; makes great job of scanning receipts and extracting results. Haven't seen anything come close to this. Most I just photograph receipts on the smartphone, but also use scanner in the office. Rarely have to do much manually.

The ability to bill or claim mileage by entering map details is a real timesaver.

What do you dislike?

Still missing some UK bank accounts, but otherwise no real complaints. Expensify is one of those products that seems to anticipate what you need rather than leaving you with the sense that there are features missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you spend more than half an hour a week sorting your expenses, just get Expensify. For businesses with a number of reps, Expensify will pay for itself in no time. Simplifies the approval process and lots of reporting options to keep everyone happy - from management to the accountant.

Expensify takes the pain out of managing expenses. Friday afternoons used to be dedicated to sorting out dozens of receipts and messing around with credit card statements. Now everything is done as it happens and expense reports are generated straight from Expensify.

Megan C.

"Super Simple Expense Platform"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, even for a finance novice like myself! The platform is incredibly intuitive -- I was set up and ready to go after just one 30 minute tutorial with our Finance manager. I use it monthly and it's great for managing a simple process to review and approve expenses within our Marketing team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing -- it's so easy to fill out and for my manager to review and approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this platform -- it's super easy to use, even for a finance novice like myself! Very intuitive platform and streamlines the expense process, which can become cumbersome for larger teams or companies.

We use it to submit and track employee expense reports on our Marketing team (and the rest of the company). It provides visibility for our team as well as Finance and anyone else who needs access to that information.

Nicole D.

"Expensify changed the game for our event production office"

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly code and pair receipts with expenses

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes several days for the expenses to appear in Expensify or when you export a report into a pdf, the receipts can end up out of order.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a comprehensive all staff training. It's fairly simple at a company where people are used to similar platforms but if your staff is not used to this type of program, it will take them a while to catch up without through instruction.

We used to waste so much time manually taping down receipts to paper, scanning them into the computer, manually typing out each expense in excel and organizing the receipts into the correct order in PDF. The amount of total overall time this site has saved us is the billing process is immeasurable. Not only is a relief for our employees but also allows us to provide a more efficient turn around time on bills to clients.

Kaaveh A.

"Super Simple Expense Tracker"

What do you like best?

I love that I can take a picture of a receipt, and the software automatically figured out the vendor, date, price, etc., and it’s saved automatically in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you got more free scans per month, but when you run out, you can still manually input the relevant information yourself off the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re going through hundred of receipts a month, the paid subscription a definitely worth it. If it’s just a dozen or so, you can get by without the paid subscription.

The fact that I no longer have to save receipts makes things so much easier for me. As soon as I get a receipt, I can simply take a picture and throw the receipt away. It may seem like a small thing, but if you’ve ever had to go through a pile of receipts, or worse, lost a valuable receipt, you can appreciate the ability to just immediately file the receipt digitally via your phone’s camera and never have to worry about losing receipts or being overwhelmed with a pile of receipts ever again.

Nick R.

"Nice interface but not very intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like how you are able to see a simple history of all the different reports you have submitted and which expense policy they fall under. I also like that you can have the app on your phone to submit expenses without opening your laptop. Dragging the receipts into the webpage is also pretty simple. I also like the interface a lot.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out how to submit an expense and report isn’t very intuitive. We actually have to have training sessions at my company. Sometimes the app isn’t easy to use in that you have to log into your account and I store my passwords on my work computer. Also, I don’t like that it tries to figure out how much you want to be reimbursed for by auto selecting amounts it finds on your receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely make use of the different policy abilities. You can then easily categorize the types of expenses for your company by distinguishing them between the different policy types. Also take advantage of the ability to set automatic approvers. This will help you organize how you handle the approvers.

We are able to keep track of all our company’s expenses in a central location. A strong benefit is the approval abilities. You can automatically send certain types of expenses to different approvers.

Jade C.

"Meets all the basic needs and saves a ton of time"

What do you like best?

I don't have to chase staff down they just click and they are done. It makes it way more likely that all the paperwork gets done. The staff are responsible for taking a picture and submitting clear details. I don't have huge files of flimsy receipts anymore.

What do you dislike?

Hard to deal with receipt for both business and personal. I was amazed at the verified system but then I found out it was Amazon’s Mechanical Turk not an AI so it was hard to think of my data being seen by others . i wish that we could put per diam caps on the expenses automatically then I could just left the system approve anything under the ca and worry only about the unique or special requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop sorting awkward receipts and guessing at missing expenses, have the details sent directly to your accounting system. Just approve and take a the time you save for another task, or maybe a cup of coffee!

Staff loosing receipts! I really like that the staff do all the work and I just review and approve. This system saves me a lot of time and frustration. Really the most useful is that it goes right in the system so I have way less time used up with data entry or tracking a receipt down if i need to clarify something even a year later. It's all right there in my system on the same day submitted under the employee expenses.

Dan W.

"Expensify - sometimes annoying but mostly good"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to report expenses, software makes it simple for employee and employer alike to track expenses

What do you dislike?

Not fully customizable - some of the 'learning' api stuff doesn't work as well as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it - it works, employee and employer loves it. Receipt capturing from smart phones, emails etc. work pretty well and even manually entering in receipts isn't difficult. Utilizing the features to automate certain expense items works fairly well but you can't do it for everything which is the most frustrating part. Occasional updates to the software have made some minor changes that at first are a bit annoying but after a while become no big deal. The auto reading receipt feature is still a bit slow but does work eventually. In the end if you need something that will integrate with other programs and applications in the business infrastructure you have this fits the bill and solves many problems and help everyone keep track of their expenses as well as keeps you on the right track when it comes to IRS / government compliance laws. This is really the best software to use.

simplifying expenses and making it easy to use.

Jill L.

"Easy to use tool for submitting expenses!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to integrate the tool with your credit cards and uber/lyft accounts. This was you don't need to manually screenshot every receipt - the expenses pre-populate for you without any worry!

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging to link the other accounts. It's taken me a few tries. It also takes awhile to scan receipts which can be frustrating when on the go. I also wish it knew to deduct my automatic reimbursement amounts versus me having to manually update a record to the right amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool that makes it easy to upload your receipts and expenses from anywhere!

It saves me a lot of time from saving paper receipts and I don't have to manually go through all of my emails to find them - major win!

Michelle S.

"Track Expenses On The Go"

What do you like best?

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. I love that I can access the app on my phone, I always have my phone with me. . I also love that I can take photos and Expensify does the work for me. This feature is called SmartScan. It is easy to edit and save expenses. I create categories that make sense for me and my needs.

What do you dislike?

The drawback is that using SmartScan to upload expenses costs extra, after the 3 free per month. In addition, it can take a while for the app to identify scanned expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great for small businesses or independent contractors. You can make this work for minimal cost. There are additional features that add functionality, for a fee.

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. This way I do not have to back track and find time to add them later. Logging expenses after the fact can be time consuming and tedious.

Samantha N.

"Better than our old system"

What do you like best?

Expensify takes away a lot of the hassle of manual expense reporting. I LOVE that they are mobile, so I can snap receipts as I travel and don't get behind on muni reports. I also like the smart scan feature that allows me to quickly snap a photo and then it pretty much takes care of the rest. Has made my life much easier with business travel.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the structure of reports and how you have to submit the expenses. It's a bit confusing and not very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like things that are easy to use and understand, Expensify is your best bet for this kind of software.

Saves on time especially when traveling for business. It also helps me not lose track of expenses that I might otherwise never get reimbursed for.

Kathy T.

"Easiest expense reimbursement software yet"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of being able to link your card for streamlining expenses and the feature of being able to take a photo from the app of receipts for ease of tracking!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I’d like to see improve is a couple of extra fields to specify certain transactions (e.g. Lyft rides) - sometimes it can be difficult to track if you take these constantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company has a lot of reimbursable expenses and could use a simplified process, I would recommend considering Expensify. I’ve used other softwares at previous jobs -land Expensify is by far my favorite.

Ease of reimbursement - I’m getting reimbursed faster and spending last time reporting expenses. The benefits I’ve realized is a lot more time saving which means I get my money faster!

Ogbonna S.

"My scope of Expensify"

What do you like best?

When working properly, it easily brings account codes, jobs and copies of receipts into accounting software. It links to various credit cards with the paid version for easy reconciliations. The biggest benefit for my application was having the individual card users coding and providing backup for their transactions

What do you dislike?

There is no help with initial setup or training, which would likely reduce all subsequent problems. Even for an accounting firm who wants to implement the software to a number of clients, there is no personal help. There are constant issues with the credit card links and the sync needs to be manually updated to reconnect

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its good to use expensify because it have helped me a lot

Expensify offers multi-currency capability, with the product supporting over 160 currencies. For those that wish to manage travel expenses, Expensify offers easy integration with top travel applications

Kelly C.

"Covers the basics and easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

The app makes tracking receipts simple..

What do you dislike?

Admin portal can be clunky (# of clicks)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This became easy for us to use in multiple global offices that all have their own policies. Being able to segment different groups is really helpful overall. Depending on your policy, there is an auto submit feature which is great for those that have to submit on a scheduled basis without a lot of employee interaction. Being able to photograph receipts on the app is very helpful (we've had to talk to our staff about quality of those though). Additionally, receipts can be forwarded from their email and dropped directly in to the system without having to upload them separately. The currency conversions are okay, most of our team uses the integration with their credit cards as those tend to be much more accurate (we find that Expensify is usually lower for the countries we frequent). They've recently changed their policy on the charges for the business plan where it is not a "pay as you consume" at a single price. To continue on that plan, the single price is much higher. When reports are extremely variable, that is a little harder to determine, but it can be updated. For those that print or save copies of the reports, there are easy ways to download them and keep them externally.

Consolidate place to report expenses over multiple currencies with offices around the world.

Bakhtawar A.

"Great Software – I was able to save 30% of expenses!"

What do you like best?

Expensify is very easy to use. The initial set up part hardly takes up any of your time and you can start off right away. Even understanding the software isn’t difficult. Online support is also available for your help but I have never had a need to contact the technical team. Pricing is also very effective and can be afforded by small companies as well.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I’ve had with this software is that I think Expensify doesn’t integrate well into different applications. Along with this, I think the reporting even needs to be improved to have a better picture of company expenses for an admin

Recommendations to others considering the product:

YES! Just with this software, I was able to save 30% of my expenses. This is huge. Therefore, I would recommend this software to others so they can even reap the benefits of this software.

Expensify is one of the best software I use daily in my corporate life. As I travel a lot because of my work nature, Expensify is the only software which manages and keeps a track of my expenses. The company gives me a budget as my Travelling Allowance and Expensify ensures that my expenses are kept well under the budget. I can scan my receipts and maintain separate records of my expenses.

Steven K.

"Enormous Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Smart Scanning! Expensify will allow you to download an app on your phone, take a picture of a receipt and it will smart scan the receipt and fill out all the details. It saves an image of the receipt, and then auto fills all the fields for Vendor, Dates, Amounts etc. You can can save rules so it know what vendors should be categorized into which codes. You can add whatever Tags and Categories you need to. It also allows you to download customized csv files so that you can get exactly the information you need and in the order that you prefer.

What do you dislike?

Splitting expenses in the software can sometime be confusing. When splitting an expense in half for example it will then notify you that you may have a duplicate expense because you have two expenses that are the same amount. The software should know that i just split the expense so its not a duplicate and I don't need to go in an tell it to ignore. Also they used to offer a feature called SmartReports which would allow you to submit your expense report and they would format it to your companies expense report. They recently removed that feature which I think was very popular.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! You won't be sorry. Great Support if you have questions .Your employees that do expense reports will thank you for implementing this software.

Expense reports are no longer a time drain. I can get them done super quick by smart scanning the receipts and then just checking the expenses when I get back to the office. I also don't have to save the receipts or worry about losing them because once I take a picture they are in my account. I can print off a PDF files provided by expensify once I am ready to generate my report. Such a huge time saver.

Lukesh S.

"Decent Expense Tracking Service"

What do you like best?

Several well-thought-out workflow enhancements make Expensify easy to use, from automated reimbursements to GPS mileage capture.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while to get the hang of its user interface. The split function doesn't work that well or is not easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expensify is a great tool for tracking business expenses, miles traveled and time spent on a specific project that can be invoiced later. You can tag transactions to be reimbursed, and both credit card and bank accounts can be directly integrated with this mobile app, giving you the flexibility to track all financial activity from your mobile device.

As I am in Small organization this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. I am in consultant role so I have to apply for reimbursements almost on daily basis.

Ian F.

"Works as expected, convenient when on the go"

What do you like best?

I love the photo-taking capability. It smartscans the receipts and does it's best to enter in the information for you and tag it to the correct expense type. it's really convenient

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always get all the details of the receipt 100% but that's a really minor quibble. It works really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is good and the app works well. There are likely other products on the market that do similar things but I don't really feel the need to consider them. Expensify works well enough for us!

We used to do expenses manually; copying receipts and entering them into excel, then mailing it in. It was a total headache. Once we went to expensify, everything became SO much easier.

Julie-ann P.

"Pretty good, but also frustrating"

What do you like best?

When our card holders are able to look up and complete their expenses on their own.

What do you dislike?

Settings not all intuitive, some cause unintended problems that we don't find until later. Support takes too long to respond and often doesn't look at the full question - therefore the answers are not applicable. Bank feed goes down way too often. This causes problems that spill over into other parts of the workflow and data quality generated. In case of user errors, it's often not possible to correct at the admin level. This means more delay and handholding. These problems are not all caused by the user, so it's not just a matter of added training. Some problems can be side effects of bank feed delays and other issues that are controlled by the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into other options, and do a trial of anything you are considering before you commit.

Getting card expense information into our accounting file more easily than by hand. Gathering information from users with less handholding. Reduced time and errors due to less manual data entry.

There really isn't any more to say, the word count requirement on the review is too high. I'm adding this because it appears that I can't claim my reward without adding more words. I don't even know how many words are needed so now I'm just making stuff up and watching the guage so it's clear when

Kevin S.

"Expensify simplified expense reports in an incredible way"

What do you like best?

The best part of expensify is the App. The immediacy of entering in receipts and expenses has saved me so much time. Instead of putting together a report at the end of each month, I can do it as I go and simply enter it in at the end of the month. Before, I was essentially creating expense reports from scracth and having to write info on bank statement PDFs. This is much more efficient and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a long lag from when I capture a receipt to when the app enters in the information automatically. I end up entering info manually more than I would like because I fear that the app will not capture the information. This means I'm hanging on to receipts longer than I intended. Though this is only a minor dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wonder if there is a way for the email forwarding feature to incorporate other email addresses. I have a different email for my amazon account than I do for expensify. I end up forwarding my amazon receipts to my business email and then forwarding them to expensify receipt email forwarders. If expensify could have a space to enter in "other approved email addresses" in your account, then I would be able to send receipts directly from my other email address to expensify.

Time management is the biggest problem being solved. The benefit of having more time for other, more important work is huge.

Gabriella S.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do expense reports remotely. Expense reports are difficult because so many people are involved, and at a company like mine, where employees are spread across the country, Expensify is a great way to bring everyone together in a centralized location for expense reports.

What do you dislike?

I do not love the automatic submissions of expense reports. I wish that these added a notification feature so that you were alerted before the reports were submitted. Some of my reports have been submitted without me completing the fields that need to be filled out. I wish I would have been notified 'your report will be submitted for approval in 24 hours - please make any required updates now.'

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Expensify if you use Quick Books or have remote employees and need a great way to keep the reports organized!

Expensify is great because it works in combination with QuickBooks, and allows so much for categorization. We have a lot of categories that need to be filled out for expenses, and this allows us to keep them all organized, and easily export the reports.

Jaffar K.

"Reduce your costsa dn expenses!"

What do you like best?

I really like the software. The features are amazing. It offers you a free version and an upgraded version as well which is not that expensive. If people think buying a premium or a business plan is expensive, everything is recovered back once we start using this software to manage our expenses. Great interface. Easy to set up. Excellent customer support team. No as such major problems. Praise and only praise!

What do you dislike?

As I am in the oil business with operations throughout the country, I am constantly travelling. For this reason I use the Expensify Mobile Application but unfortunately, I have felt that the mobile application crashes when I tend to use it for a long time. It just shuts down. Other than this, I don;t think I have any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses! Expensify is a solution to all your expense management needs. Must buy!

Expensify has saved me a lot of time and money. All I do is scan my expense receipts and everything is recorded in my expense manager dashboard. Along with this, I even like the reporting and analysis by Expensify. In this way, I can manage my expenses and ensure that I don't waste it the next time. I travel a lot due to my work and Expensify is the perfect software to reduce my expenses and costs.

Pardeep M.

"An amazing expenses management tool for corporate entities"

What do you like best?

Expensify offers a free trial before purchasing the software. I think one of the best features of this software is that the software is cloud based and is even accessible from Android and iOS. This makes my life easier when I use Expensify from different phones. While writing this review, I have to thank the Support team first. They have been of excellent help throught the installing and running of this software. Moreover, there are Webinars and Live Online videos available as well so one can even take help from there.

What do you dislike?

I think the price of the software is a bit too much for someone in the corporate sector. A starting price of $9 / active user / month is on the higher side and makes it difficult for a small company or enterprise to afford this amount as a fixed cost. Price should be reduced

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Surely, I would recommend this software to all corporate companies as this will only help in better managing your expenses thus reducing your costs from all fronts

Expensify has solved a lot of my business problems.Working in a team has been made so easy. Additional features of Invoice Management, Spending control and time tracking has made my business keep a track of my expenses efficiently. Along with this, I even have an option of scanning a receipt which Expensify can then insert in its relevant fields instead of inserting all details myself saving me a lot of time and effort. Easy to use and excellent software!

Griffin H.

"Quick and Easy reimbursement "

What do you like best?

No more paper receipts and losing them and forking money out of pocket. Expensify is a great tool to use to keep track of your expenses with out paper.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides of Expensify, it is an easy tool to use, with a great user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great app to track spending and get expenses paid back to you in an easy to do format

Expensify has helped me solve the problem of losing receipts and going through the hassle to get a new receipt or just sucking it up and having the purchase out of pocket. Now before losing the receipt, I can take a picture of it and get re-imbursed from there.

Sara V.

"Better options out there"

What do you like best?

They give you a very good trial period, so you have plenty of time to figure out if this app is for you or not. You have to complete several steps, and after each step you earn more days on your trial. Mine ended up being over 30days.

What do you dislike?

The application is not very user friendly. If you are new to electronic receipt and expense tracking this may not be the best place to start (especially if you are syncing with software like QuickBooks). They only have limited information/training online. And help is only available via email. I’m sure this is one of their ways to keep costs low, but it is very unhelpful to the consumer. I sent an easy (I thought) question to them and 3 days later I received a 1 line response.... asking me a question about my account that had nothing to do with the original concern.

Electronic receipt tracking and expense reimbursements. Not many benefits that I’ve been able to find. Other apps do the same thing, only better.

Kathleen A.

"Great app to track business expenses, hours & mileage"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to track business expenses by uploading receipts or entering transactions manually, tracking hours and even mileage.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the upgraded version is missing some of the features that are in the free version. Customer service told me that they no longer support time tracking and recommended TSheets. I later figured out that downgrading to the free version brought back that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great app to track all business expenses, miles & time in one place.

The benefits I found using Expensify are that tracking my expenses, time and mileage are a lot easier. I can track from anywhere and create reports to file taxes easier at the end of the year or locate saved receipts if ever needed.

John G.

"Excellent credit card reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Expensify made life so much easier by allowing us to easily code each credit card expense to a specific set of accounting code that was unique to each person.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Implementation was fairly easy and the support was quick to answer any problems I ran in to.

Our staff of 12 had company credit cards and each month you were required to code each expense to your correct accounting code and that was a pain in the backside. Either you had already forgotten where that particular Amazon item should be charged to or you had to find your list of account codes for those less used ones. By linking our credit card the charges for each person showed up in their app along with a list of their specific accounting codes. Brilliant! Save the individual employees time and save the accounting guy tons of time.

Rob H.

"Expense reports with some ease"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless integration between my bank/cards to pull in transactions and quickly identify transactions which should be expensed. Submitting photos of receipts is also flawless. I love that I can take a picture, submit it and then later login to the account and everything is matched up and ready to roll.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where automatic policies have been generated and it's messed up a number of reports, which required me to delete the account and then re-open an account. Support is fairly easy to reach by message but there's no way to speak to someone to walk through any processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This blows away Concur from a frustration standpoint.

The most obvious is a uniform and clean expense report across all users. Quickly and properly coding transactions as they should be.

Abigail S.

"Positive and efficient experience using Expensify"

What do you like best?

I loved the mobile app! It was very user friendly and modern looking. It also made my life much more convenient. It is so hard to save physical receipts; thus, I really enjoyed the fact that it was able to save the photos on the mobile app that I took and store them in a folder until I was ready to link them to a specific line item expense. I also loved when it told me there was an error with my expense report. It was a great feature to have and like another set of eyes looking and double checking my work before my supervisor saw it.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how when it synced with my American Express account I had doubles of purchases and always had to delete one, but that may be an American Express issue not Expensify, I am not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest that teams and companies create their own step-by-step guide for employees as Expensify has a lot of features to it. Making a guide that is specific for your employee's needs will be very helpful for troubleshoot the app and features and ensuring all employees are on the same page. Expensify is very helpful for companies with traveling employees.

So much easier to submit expense reports. As a traveling consultant it is easy to lose receipts on the go or on the road, so this made it easier keeping an electronic record of purchases.

Carolyn W.

"Improves and facilitates accounting work in line"

What do you like best?

Expensify is an excellent ally with which I can, in a simple and intuitive way, keep track of my expenses and accounts without much effort. I can control my expenses and movements in a single site, also with Expensify I can upload confidential information of my accounts and transactions. It can be for personal or professional use

What do you dislike?

They could offer a better variety in languages ​​so that it reaches different places and better its price since it is not so competitive, nevertheless it is still a great ally

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Expensify widely, and because it is one of the most complete, with it I have solved different problems that had arisen in my company, happened to be my ally number 1

Among the problems I have solved highlight: saving time, having control even of even the smallest expenses of our company, I have been able to load my receipts and Keep them online without using any paper. It is a very easy to use system in which everything we can access

Blake E.

"Luke warm reception for this product"

What do you like best?

I like how it makes it easy to upload receipts, no need for spreadsheets etc.

What do you dislike?

I find the workflow a bit confusing. You login, create a new report, upload receipts, and then submitting an expense report shows the status as 'closed' - the first time I emailed our office manager to see what I did wrong, since to me, closed indicates it's done but not a positive outcome - like closing an open job req.

It didn't give me any idea that I had submitted my expense report correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore all options before settling. It seems like there's other stuff out there that has a better UI than this.

Centralized platform for managing expense reports within the company - makes it easy for me to see past expenses that have been submitted and reimbursed, along with receipts. Much easier than going through sent emails, or looking in desktop folders for bills and receipts.

Danny H.

"Expensify - Easy to use and very convenient"

What do you like best?

I really like the feature of scanning receipt directly by taking photo of the receipt from the phone and add to a expense report quickly. The smart scan feature quickly determine the information you need to input to the expense receipts and report, this feature save me a lot of time and effort especially I need to work on over 20 expenses every other month. After the receipts are added successfully by sending email to the Expensify email, it will add them to the latest open report automatically.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, most of the features that are required to manage expense reports are readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is definitely the right app/software to go with for managing expense reports.

Difficulty in managing expenses and keeping track of reimbursement from the company. With Expensify, I can easily manage my expense report in one location, there is no need of other spreadsheet or approval. With the email auto approval, my manager gets an email notification requesting approval for my expense report. And I can keep track of all my expenses and reports, with the app on my phone, I also get notification when I am reimbursed.

Grace A.

"Expensify - The Best Software for Expense management and Tracking."

What do you like best?

What i like about Expensify is that the software is cheap and affordable, it allows you to scan receipts, have a currency converter, has an intelligent feature that categorize receipts among many other features.

What do you dislike?

One of the thing i dislike about the software is that i needs an experts to handle it and get desired results. When it comes to receipt scanner sometimes it fail to upload certain receipts thus you have to upload them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Due to the usefulness of Expensify, i would recommend it to any company that is aiming at managing and tracking their expenses. The software allows you to scan the receipts and it will classify the receipt according to its category. Its a useful software that every company should own.

In most cases our team are involved in travel both local and international. When it comes to expense, when they are in large volume there are chances of you making error. To avoid all this, Expensify have been useful in ensuring that all the receipts are in order.

Erika D.

"Easy way to track spending "

What do you like best?

having the Expensify app has eliminated my need to carry around receipts during trade shows and company trips. I just snap a picture of the receipt, fill in some expense info, and at the end of the trip I submit my report.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike is that it takes a few days for money to hit my account once I’ve selected to initiate reimbursements. Honestly this isn’t much of a big deal because most apps that deal with fund transfers do the same thing.

I’m not missing out on money because I’m able to efficiently track my spending and log receipts as I go. I can view past reports, create PDFs, and view my company’s expense policy all from my phone.

Kyle W.

"Very Solid User Interface"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to use with a straight forward interface. Very clean and easy way to have an organization track and process expenses.

What do you dislike?

There could be some better training and how to guides. While the interface is great and straightforward, there are some things you just have to ask other users with more knowledge of to know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend, easy to use and an app that is so simple to just download and use on any phone (iPhone or android) - this makes it great for your employees ease of use.

Tracking and processing expenses has been streamlined using this product. And it really makes it easy to go back and check on previous expenses, grouping what is unnecessary and addressing/updating expense policy for the organization I work for.

Huda K.

"Easily track your expenses and save money"

What do you like best?

I just love this application. Everything about this application is amazing! The quality support team is excellent and is ready to help at all times. One amazing feature about this application is that you cn scan your documents or expense bills and even get great insights on the overall expenses. The analytics of this software are just too good. The scanning reduces manual entry to almost nil

What do you dislike?

I've suffered a few problems with the credit card links and then it needs to be manually updated to reconnect which sometimes can get annoying as the data gets lost. The software even changes frequently making it a nuisance to some people

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An application especially recommended for small and medium scale enterprises to help better manage their expenses. Can't afford to not have it. Trust me, not having this application is a cost itself

I have immensely benefited from this software. With Expensify, I am better able to manage my expenses through which I can choose which expenses to avoid or reduce. The detailed analysis / report by Expensify is quite helpful and can help you identify your expenses which should be completely eradicated. Being a corporate Manager at a huge accounting firm, I have to give a reason for my every expense and Expensify helps me a lot in avoiding confusion and questions! Must have

Paula X. S.

"Easiest Way to Submit Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great simple UI. You can easily add receipts or scan directly using the mobile app. You can tie your account in to Lyft Business, which makes reporting transportation expenses so much easier. My company switched to Concur for a little while then we switched back to expensify because we liked it so much better. I travel outside the U.S. and a lot of my expenses and receipts are in Pesos, Expensify does a good job handling currency exchanges. I love getting mail notifications when my reports are approved and when my money is being processed and on its way into my account. Connecting my Expensify to my bank account was very easy and now I get direct deposit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some fields auto populate and I have a hard time overriding them. Mobile app is slow sometimes. Mostly it's a great product though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it, It's great!

We use it to track all of our expenses, submit reports for reimbursements and keeping track of billable expenses. We have offices around the globe and expensive allows our accounting department to keep tabs and approve all expenses across all offices.

Yadira V.

"Great for tracking expenses!"

What do you like best?

I love that it stores all our expenses in one place. This makes it easy to track budgets that we have in place for specific reasons. It is also very easy to use so I am able to have one of my team members log all of my expenses.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the app. I think there are some kinks that could be worked out on! After you attach the receipt it does not let you fill all of the fields, so I have to go into a desktop to finish it.

Our organization has been able to organize and track every purchase made with our corporate cards. We can also view how much we have spent for specific budgets since we are able to categorize each expense.

Kerry K.

"Great Tool for Travel"

What do you like best?

The Smart Scanning makes it so easy to add receipts to the app and then I can group them by trip for ease of submitting them to finance for reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

They seem to be very tricky in trying to get you to pay for a subscription. Two times now, I've had to pay their monthly fee and I'm generally pretty observant when clicking on "trying out features" and things like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Reports function of the app is not as refined as I think it should be. It seems tougher than it should be to add expenses to the appropriate report.

We're able to submit expenses in an easy to read report and not have to keep track of paper receipts or print out emailed copies.

Hannah A.

"Great Expense Report Software for Small Businesses "

What do you like best?

I like this software because it is so easy to use and understand, it also is fairly low monthly cost that can go up or down based on the amount of users. It also creates an entirely paperless system that has the ease of uploading and routing straight from your phone.

What do you dislike?

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. Although for the low cost you pay I don't think you should expect a lot of problems or even the need for the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely implement it! The price you pay is too good to pass up, the quality that comes from customer service isn't great, but the software you get for the price you pay is a steal and well worth it.

It is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app. Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees found it super easy to use and loved it and I know the accounting department enjoyed the ease too. It helped prevent the need to track people down for receipts and it helped if jobs were being done remotely or farther away from the office in other states. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process is very smooth.

Harry R.

"Track expenses easily"

What do you like best?

I can transfer data about my costs and bills by snapping a picture of my receipts and transferring it to my record. I can stack every one of the subtleties of my exchanges and continue putting away the entirety of my costs in a simple and quick way. The program characterizes consequently deciphers the information of my solicitations, orders them and codes them. For any organization or for individual use, Expensify is your partner. The application is accessible for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Palm Pre. It enables you to send solicitations by means of email or sms with the goal that they can be put away and enables you to naturally enroll your charge card data. Capacity to bill or guarantee mileage by entering map subtleties is a genuine timesaver.

What do you dislike?

Some of the time it takes a few days for the costs to show up in Expensify or when you trade a report into a pdf, the receipts can finish up out of request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certainly utilize the distinctive approach capacities. You can then effectively order the kinds of costs for your organization by recognizing them between the diverse approach types. Additionally exploit the capacity to set programmed approvers. This will enable you to sort out how you handle the approvers. Quit arranging cumbersome receipts and speculating missing costs, have the subtleties sent straightforwardly to your bookkeeping framework. At last in the event that you need something that will coordinate with different projects and applications in the business framework you have this possesses all the necessary qualities and takes care of numerous issues and help everybody monitor their costs go for Expensify!!

The measure of all out generally speaking time this site has spared us is the charging procedure is unfathomable. Not exclusively is an alleviation for our representatives yet in addition enables us to give an increasingly effective pivot time on bills to customers. It might appear to be a little thing, yet on the off chance that you've at any point needed to experience a heap of receipts, or more regrettable, lost a significant receipt, you can value the capacity to simply promptly record the receipt carefully through your telephone's camera and never need to stress over losing receipts or being overpowered with a heap of receipts until the end of time. Having the capacity to monitor all our branch's costs in a focal area. A solid advantage is the endorsement capacities. You can naturally send specific kinds of costs to various approvers.

Ingrid K.

"Expensify makes life easier."

What do you like best?

If I had to choose one feature - the simple act of being able to take pictures of receipts with my phone for collection is the best and most useful part of Expensify. SmartScan is a super added bonus that just adds so much depth to the usefulness of Expensify.

What do you dislike?

I'm a little uncertain about the new pricing scale (significantly less expensive annual contracts or more expensive month-to-month subscription). We're a fairly small company and headcount fluctuates so it was a little unnerving deciding the number of annual subscriptions to set up but then again, it's now structured more like other large-scale products so we will get used to it. Regardless, for the cost, it's so worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I came from a large corporation where my team got together monthly to put together our receipts, tape them to paper, and scan them to our email to be sent and filed by the finance department. Can you say stone age?! THIS IS SO MUCH EASIER. Your admins and team will thank you for the time they'll get back from the days of manual expense reporting!

We use Expensify internally between three subsidiaries and it's been such a work-hack. Everyone loves using Expensify and our new-hires are amazed at the ease of use. I also use Expensify with our consultants, contractors, and accountants. I appreciate how much work is all in one place. It makes expenses and reporting so easy.

Tim B.

"Great When it Works"

What do you like best?

SmartScan (when it works) makes scanning receipts and entering expenses a breeze. You can simply take a photo of the receipt, enter a couple expense details, and you're done - very simple.

What do you dislike?

SmartScan seems to be a bit flaky at times - it doesn't always work. When this happens, users will often get duplicate entries of their expense (one that feeds in from the card-issuing bank and one from the user created entry).

Support can be difficult due to their exclusively online communication (no phone support available). This means getting the answers you need can be difficult and will take much longer than it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When the product works, it's really great. However, it doesn't always work for some users.

Be prepared for email and chat support with delays in emails that may cause implementation or future issues to drag on.

Expensify make capturing and reporting expenses simple and easy. Once expense reports are submitted, transactions can be easily exported to Excel for reconciliation and import into an accounting package.

Learning about Expensify?

* We monitor all Expensify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,790)