(1,736)

Import expenses directly from a credit card to create free expense reports quickly with Expensify. Approve reports online and reimburse directly to a checking account with one click.

Work for Expensify?

Learning about Expensify?

Expensify Reviews

Ask Expensify a Question
Showing 1,736 Expensify reviews
Expensify review by User
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Expensify

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Expensify review by User in Information Technology and Services
Expensify review by Sean Carlos F.
Sean Carlos F.
Expensify review by Mark F.
Mark F.

"A low-hassle way to log and process business expenses"

What do you like best?

Instead of scanning or making photo copy of a receipt, I can use Expensify to take a photo of my receipt and instantly upload it into our Expensify system for processing. Expensify has a many options for logging different types of expenses. I can log miles that I've driven to account for gas expenses. The layout and design of Expensify makes it easy to use in both the browser version and the app. The approval process flow is efficient and allows for multiple approval levels with the option of requests for further details, if needed.

What do you dislike?

I generally don't like per user pricing, so that would be a negative for me. About the software, though the basics functions are easy to understand and use, some of the more advanced features, such as external software integrations, can be rather complicated for me. Even when I do connect with other software, some of the data doesn't sync up the way I expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify is a great way to go for expense reports in companies of all sizes. It can make everyone's lives easier and doesn't take long to set up. Everything is pretty much processed through a web-based system that you don't have to worry about maintaining.

I've benefited from Expensify's ability to allow our expenses to be processed quickly. I can upload images of my receipts through the Expensify app and not have to deal with any paper or office equipment. I've been able to get reimbursed in a timely fashion and am able to respond to approver requests whenever there are issues. Overall, it's just an easy system to use that's easy to access from anywhere.

Expensify review by Verushka C.
Verushka C.

"A tool that facilitates all the accounting work"

What do you like best?

Expensify is an intuitive and easy to use assistant, it facilitates my accounting system and controls my expenses, it quickly registers all my data and invoices validating and classifying the information of my accounts, coding and evaluating almost automatically. I use it in my daily life or in my work, it is really a helping hand that facilitates in many aspects so many complicated calculations.

What do you dislike?

In fact I do not find many defects that bother me, personally. Maybe I would need an alert where I indicated the limitation of my funds to be more aware of billing without having to worry too much about the automatic validation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without a doubt, Expensify is totally necessary for the coordinated and administrative work. It facilitates the accounting area, automating the system of payments and invoices. I recommend it.

It has greatly benefited us with its invoice storage system, we can maintain our control of receipts and accounting of payments to be able to maintain each of the records. It is so simple to configure and register all our invoices that the process is almost automatic, codifies and releases complete reports that make the work completely easier and saves us a lot of time invested.

Expensify review by Moises R.
Moises R.

"The smartest way to carry your expenses"

What do you like best?

Finally an application with which I can in a simple and intuitive way keep track of my expenses and accounts without much complication. Most of the tools to control expenses and keep accounts of my purchases are very complicated to use and need many steps to register and validate the information. With Expensify I can upload information about my expenses and bills by taking a photo of my receipts and uploading it to my account. I can load all the details of my transactions and keep storing all my expenses in a very easy and fast way. The program classifies automatically transcribes the data of my invoices, classifies them and codes them. For any company or for personal use, Expensify is your ally

What do you dislike?

I have not had problems with the program. The fact that it is not integrated with some other programs is not such a negative thing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all small and medium companies that need a virtual accountant that will only offer solutions and avoid many headaches

In my work, it has been very helpful to keep my personal accounts and those of the department that I coordinate. Many bills are lost over time and the few records we have made have also been lost in the archives of our computers. Now with Expensify we have been able to control the expenses and save the receipts once they are obtained, thus preventing them from being lost. As a coordinator in my department this tool has allowed me to avoid the inconveniences with my superiors at the time of rendering the accounts and since Expensify automatically classifies and codes the invoices and receipts, I do not have to worry about the tedious work of organizing them.

Expensify review by Mauricio  R.
Mauricio R.

"The ideal application for controlling expenses"

What do you like best?

Expensify is an application that allows me to have real control of my expenses in an easy and simple way. It is the ideal assistant that helps us remember the expenses and payments we have made and those that are still to be done. We can store our invoices and receipts of expenses with all the data they have and then create categories or modalities of expenses, being able to graph them and graphically see the results. The application is available for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Palm Pre. It allows you to send invoices via email or sms so that they can be stored and allows you to automatically register your credit card information

What do you dislike?

Some of our employees do not speak English and the application is only in that language so it is difficult to use it initially for this type of user. We must make a special selection of what they speak English to be able to charge them with this task of handling the data with this application. To improve this application it would be ideal to incorporate other languages ​​for its internationalization

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for being a very friendly and useful application for controlling expenses

This application has allowed us to easily and simply take the smaller cats of our company. The surplus of some transactions or interest generated by payments of services rendered historically we have taken in something that we call "petty cash" but we have always had problems when controlling the costs incurred with these surpluses, so this application has allowed us control this type of expenses

Expensify review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"If you need to track expenses you need Expensify"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; makes great job of scanning receipts and extracting results. Haven't seen anything come close to this. Most I just photograph receipts on the smartphone, but also use scanner in the office. Rarely have to do much manually.

The ability to bill or claim mileage by entering map details is a real timesaver.

What do you dislike?

Still missing some UK bank accounts, but otherwise no real complaints. Expensify is one of those products that seems to anticipate what you need rather than leaving you with the sense that there are features missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you spend more than half an hour a week sorting your expenses, just get Expensify. For businesses with a number of reps, Expensify will pay for itself in no time. Simplifies the approval process and lots of reporting options to keep everyone happy - from management to the accountant.

Expensify takes the pain out of managing expenses. Friday afternoons used to be dedicated to sorting out dozens of receipts and messing around with credit card statements. Now everything is done as it happens and expense reports are generated straight from Expensify.

Expensify review by Megan C.
Megan C.

"Super Simple Expense Platform"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, even for a finance novice like myself! The platform is incredibly intuitive -- I was set up and ready to go after just one 30 minute tutorial with our Finance manager. I use it monthly and it's great for managing a simple process to review and approve expenses within our Marketing team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing -- it's so easy to fill out and for my manager to review and approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this platform -- it's super easy to use, even for a finance novice like myself! Very intuitive platform and streamlines the expense process, which can become cumbersome for larger teams or companies.

We use it to submit and track employee expense reports on our Marketing team (and the rest of the company). It provides visibility for our team as well as Finance and anyone else who needs access to that information.

Expensify review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"Expensify changed the game for our event production office"

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly code and pair receipts with expenses

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes several days for the expenses to appear in Expensify or when you export a report into a pdf, the receipts can end up out of order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a comprehensive all staff training. It's fairly simple at a company where people are used to similar platforms but if your staff is not used to this type of program, it will take them a while to catch up without through instruction.

We used to waste so much time manually taping down receipts to paper, scanning them into the computer, manually typing out each expense in excel and organizing the receipts into the correct order in PDF. The amount of total overall time this site has saved us is the billing process is immeasurable. Not only is a relief for our employees but also allows us to provide a more efficient turn around time on bills to clients.

Expensify review by Kaaveh A.
Kaaveh A.

"Super Simple Expense Tracker"

What do you like best?

I love that I can take a picture of a receipt, and the software automatically figured out the vendor, date, price, etc., and it’s saved automatically in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you got more free scans per month, but when you run out, you can still manually input the relevant information yourself off the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re going through hundred of receipts a month, the paid subscription a definitely worth it. If it’s just a dozen or so, you can get by without the paid subscription.

The fact that I no longer have to save receipts makes things so much easier for me. As soon as I get a receipt, I can simply take a picture and throw the receipt away. It may seem like a small thing, but if you’ve ever had to go through a pile of receipts, or worse, lost a valuable receipt, you can appreciate the ability to just immediately file the receipt digitally via your phone’s camera and never have to worry about losing receipts or being overwhelmed with a pile of receipts ever again.

Expensify review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Nice interface but not very intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like how you are able to see a simple history of all the different reports you have submitted and which expense policy they fall under. I also like that you can have the app on your phone to submit expenses without opening your laptop. Dragging the receipts into the webpage is also pretty simple. I also like the interface a lot.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out how to submit an expense and report isn’t very intuitive. We actually have to have training sessions at my company. Sometimes the app isn’t easy to use in that you have to log into your account and I store my passwords on my work computer. Also, I don’t like that it tries to figure out how much you want to be reimbursed for by auto selecting amounts it finds on your receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make use of the different policy abilities. You can then easily categorize the types of expenses for your company by distinguishing them between the different policy types. Also take advantage of the ability to set automatic approvers. This will help you organize how you handle the approvers.

We are able to keep track of all our company’s expenses in a central location. A strong benefit is the approval abilities. You can automatically send certain types of expenses to different approvers.

Expensify review by Jade C.
Jade C.

"Meets all the basic needs and saves a ton of time"

What do you like best?

I don't have to chase staff down they just click and they are done. It makes it way more likely that all the paperwork gets done. The staff are responsible for taking a picture and submitting clear details. I don't have huge files of flimsy receipts anymore.

What do you dislike?

Hard to deal with receipt for both business and personal. I was amazed at the verified system but then I found out it was Amazon’s Mechanical Turk not an AI so it was hard to think of my data being seen by others . i wish that we could put per diam caps on the expenses automatically then I could just left the system approve anything under the ca and worry only about the unique or special requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop sorting awkward receipts and guessing at missing expenses, have the details sent directly to your accounting system. Just approve and take a the time you save for another task, or maybe a cup of coffee!

Staff loosing receipts! I really like that the staff do all the work and I just review and approve. This system saves me a lot of time and frustration. Really the most useful is that it goes right in the system so I have way less time used up with data entry or tracking a receipt down if i need to clarify something even a year later. It's all right there in my system on the same day submitted under the employee expenses.

Expensify review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"Expensify - sometimes annoying but mostly good"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to report expenses, software makes it simple for employee and employer alike to track expenses

What do you dislike?

Not fully customizable - some of the 'learning' api stuff doesn't work as well as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it - it works, employee and employer loves it. Receipt capturing from smart phones, emails etc. work pretty well and even manually entering in receipts isn't difficult. Utilizing the features to automate certain expense items works fairly well but you can't do it for everything which is the most frustrating part. Occasional updates to the software have made some minor changes that at first are a bit annoying but after a while become no big deal. The auto reading receipt feature is still a bit slow but does work eventually. In the end if you need something that will integrate with other programs and applications in the business infrastructure you have this fits the bill and solves many problems and help everyone keep track of their expenses as well as keeps you on the right track when it comes to IRS / government compliance laws. This is really the best software to use.

simplifying expenses and making it easy to use.

Expensify review by Jill L.
Jill L.

"Easy to use tool for submitting expenses!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to integrate the tool with your credit cards and uber/lyft accounts. This was you don't need to manually screenshot every receipt - the expenses pre-populate for you without any worry!

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging to link the other accounts. It's taken me a few tries. It also takes awhile to scan receipts which can be frustrating when on the go. I also wish it knew to deduct my automatic reimbursement amounts versus me having to manually update a record to the right amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that makes it easy to upload your receipts and expenses from anywhere!

It saves me a lot of time from saving paper receipts and I don't have to manually go through all of my emails to find them - major win!

Expensify review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Track Expenses On The Go"

What do you like best?

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. I love that I can access the app on my phone, I always have my phone with me. . I also love that I can take photos and Expensify does the work for me. This feature is called SmartScan. It is easy to edit and save expenses. I create categories that make sense for me and my needs.

What do you dislike?

The drawback is that using SmartScan to upload expenses costs extra, after the 3 free per month. In addition, it can take a while for the app to identify scanned expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for small businesses or independent contractors. You can make this work for minimal cost. There are additional features that add functionality, for a fee.

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. This way I do not have to back track and find time to add them later. Logging expenses after the fact can be time consuming and tedious.

Expensify review by Samantha N.
Samantha N.

"Better than our old system"

What do you like best?

Expensify takes away a lot of the hassle of manual expense reporting. I LOVE that they are mobile, so I can snap receipts as I travel and don't get behind on muni reports. I also like the smart scan feature that allows me to quickly snap a photo and then it pretty much takes care of the rest. Has made my life much easier with business travel.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the structure of reports and how you have to submit the expenses. It's a bit confusing and not very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like things that are easy to use and understand, Expensify is your best bet for this kind of software.

Saves on time especially when traveling for business. It also helps me not lose track of expenses that I might otherwise never get reimbursed for.

Expensify review by Kathy T.
Kathy T.

"Easiest expense reimbursement software yet"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of being able to link your card for streamlining expenses and the feature of being able to take a photo from the app of receipts for ease of tracking!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I’d like to see improve is a couple of extra fields to specify certain transactions (e.g. Lyft rides) - sometimes it can be difficult to track if you take these constantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has a lot of reimbursable expenses and could use a simplified process, I would recommend considering Expensify. I’ve used other softwares at previous jobs -land Expensify is by far my favorite.

Ease of reimbursement - I’m getting reimbursed faster and spending last time reporting expenses. The benefits I’ve realized is a lot more time saving which means I get my money faster!

Expensify review by Ogbonna S.
Ogbonna S.

"My scope of Expensify"

What do you like best?

When working properly, it easily brings account codes, jobs and copies of receipts into accounting software. It links to various credit cards with the paid version for easy reconciliations. The biggest benefit for my application was having the individual card users coding and providing backup for their transactions

What do you dislike?

There is no help with initial setup or training, which would likely reduce all subsequent problems. Even for an accounting firm who wants to implement the software to a number of clients, there is no personal help. There are constant issues with the credit card links and the sync needs to be manually updated to reconnect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good to use expensify because it have helped me a lot

Expensify offers multi-currency capability, with the product supporting over 160 currencies. For those that wish to manage travel expenses, Expensify offers easy integration with top travel applications

Expensify review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Covers the basics and easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

The app makes tracking receipts simple..

What do you dislike?

Admin portal can be clunky (# of clicks)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This became easy for us to use in multiple global offices that all have their own policies. Being able to segment different groups is really helpful overall. Depending on your policy, there is an auto submit feature which is great for those that have to submit on a scheduled basis without a lot of employee interaction. Being able to photograph receipts on the app is very helpful (we've had to talk to our staff about quality of those though). Additionally, receipts can be forwarded from their email and dropped directly in to the system without having to upload them separately. The currency conversions are okay, most of our team uses the integration with their credit cards as those tend to be much more accurate (we find that Expensify is usually lower for the countries we frequent). They've recently changed their policy on the charges for the business plan where it is not a "pay as you consume" at a single price. To continue on that plan, the single price is much higher. When reports are extremely variable, that is a little harder to determine, but it can be updated. For those that print or save copies of the reports, there are easy ways to download them and keep them externally.

Consolidate place to report expenses over multiple currencies with offices around the world.

Expensify review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Great Software – I was able to save 30% of expenses!"

What do you like best?

Expensify is very easy to use. The initial set up part hardly takes up any of your time and you can start off right away. Even understanding the software isn’t difficult. Online support is also available for your help but I have never had a need to contact the technical team. Pricing is also very effective and can be afforded by small companies as well.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I’ve had with this software is that I think Expensify doesn’t integrate well into different applications. Along with this, I think the reporting even needs to be improved to have a better picture of company expenses for an admin

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES! Just with this software, I was able to save 30% of my expenses. This is huge. Therefore, I would recommend this software to others so they can even reap the benefits of this software.

Expensify is one of the best software I use daily in my corporate life. As I travel a lot because of my work nature, Expensify is the only software which manages and keeps a track of my expenses. The company gives me a budget as my Travelling Allowance and Expensify ensures that my expenses are kept well under the budget. I can scan my receipts and maintain separate records of my expenses.

Expensify review by Steven K.
Steven K.

"Enormous Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Smart Scanning! Expensify will allow you to download an app on your phone, take a picture of a receipt and it will smart scan the receipt and fill out all the details. It saves an image of the receipt, and then auto fills all the fields for Vendor, Dates, Amounts etc. You can can save rules so it know what vendors should be categorized into which codes. You can add whatever Tags and Categories you need to. It also allows you to download customized csv files so that you can get exactly the information you need and in the order that you prefer.

What do you dislike?

Splitting expenses in the software can sometime be confusing. When splitting an expense in half for example it will then notify you that you may have a duplicate expense because you have two expenses that are the same amount. The software should know that i just split the expense so its not a duplicate and I don't need to go in an tell it to ignore. Also they used to offer a feature called SmartReports which would allow you to submit your expense report and they would format it to your companies expense report. They recently removed that feature which I think was very popular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! You won't be sorry. Great Support if you have questions .Your employees that do expense reports will thank you for implementing this software.

Expense reports are no longer a time drain. I can get them done super quick by smart scanning the receipts and then just checking the expenses when I get back to the office. I also don't have to save the receipts or worry about losing them because once I take a picture they are in my account. I can print off a PDF files provided by expensify once I am ready to generate my report. Such a huge time saver.

Expensify review by Lukesh S.
Lukesh S.

"Decent Expense Tracking Service"

What do you like best?

Several well-thought-out workflow enhancements make Expensify easy to use, from automated reimbursements to GPS mileage capture.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while to get the hang of its user interface. The split function doesn't work that well or is not easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify is a great tool for tracking business expenses, miles traveled and time spent on a specific project that can be invoiced later. You can tag transactions to be reimbursed, and both credit card and bank accounts can be directly integrated with this mobile app, giving you the flexibility to track all financial activity from your mobile device.

As I am in Small organization this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. I am in consultant role so I have to apply for reimbursements almost on daily basis.

Expensify review by Julie-ann P.
Julie-ann P.

"Pretty good, but also frustrating"

What do you like best?

When our card holders are able to look up and complete their expenses on their own.

What do you dislike?

Settings not all intuitive, some cause unintended problems that we don't find until later. Support takes too long to respond and often doesn't look at the full question - therefore the answers are not applicable. Bank feed goes down way too often. This causes problems that spill over into other parts of the workflow and data quality generated. In case of user errors, it's often not possible to correct at the admin level. This means more delay and handholding. These problems are not all caused by the user, so it's not just a matter of added training. Some problems can be side effects of bank feed delays and other issues that are controlled by the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other options, and do a trial of anything you are considering before you commit.

Getting card expense information into our accounting file more easily than by hand. Gathering information from users with less handholding. Reduced time and errors due to less manual data entry.

There really isn't any more to say, the word count requirement on the review is too high. I'm adding this because it appears that I can't claim my reward without adding more words. I don't even know how many words are needed so now I'm just making stuff up and watching the guage so it's clear when

Expensify review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Expensify simplified expense reports in an incredible way"

What do you like best?

The best part of expensify is the App. The immediacy of entering in receipts and expenses has saved me so much time. Instead of putting together a report at the end of each month, I can do it as I go and simply enter it in at the end of the month. Before, I was essentially creating expense reports from scracth and having to write info on bank statement PDFs. This is much more efficient and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a long lag from when I capture a receipt to when the app enters in the information automatically. I end up entering info manually more than I would like because I fear that the app will not capture the information. This means I'm hanging on to receipts longer than I intended. Though this is only a minor dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wonder if there is a way for the email forwarding feature to incorporate other email addresses. I have a different email for my amazon account than I do for expensify. I end up forwarding my amazon receipts to my business email and then forwarding them to expensify receipt email forwarders. If expensify could have a space to enter in "other approved email addresses" in your account, then I would be able to send receipts directly from my other email address to expensify.

Time management is the biggest problem being solved. The benefit of having more time for other, more important work is huge.

Expensify review by Gabriella S.
Gabriella S.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do expense reports remotely. Expense reports are difficult because so many people are involved, and at a company like mine, where employees are spread across the country, Expensify is a great way to bring everyone together in a centralized location for expense reports.

What do you dislike?

I do not love the automatic submissions of expense reports. I wish that these added a notification feature so that you were alerted before the reports were submitted. Some of my reports have been submitted without me completing the fields that need to be filled out. I wish I would have been notified 'your report will be submitted for approval in 24 hours - please make any required updates now.'

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Expensify if you use Quick Books or have remote employees and need a great way to keep the reports organized!

Expensify is great because it works in combination with QuickBooks, and allows so much for categorization. We have a lot of categories that need to be filled out for expenses, and this allows us to keep them all organized, and easily export the reports.

Expensify review by Jaffar K.
Jaffar K.

"Reduce your costsa dn expenses!"

What do you like best?

I really like the software. The features are amazing. It offers you a free version and an upgraded version as well which is not that expensive. If people think buying a premium or a business plan is expensive, everything is recovered back once we start using this software to manage our expenses. Great interface. Easy to set up. Excellent customer support team. No as such major problems. Praise and only praise!

What do you dislike?

As I am in the oil business with operations throughout the country, I am constantly travelling. For this reason I use the Expensify Mobile Application but unfortunately, I have felt that the mobile application crashes when I tend to use it for a long time. It just shuts down. Other than this, I don;t think I have any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses! Expensify is a solution to all your expense management needs. Must buy!

Expensify has saved me a lot of time and money. All I do is scan my expense receipts and everything is recorded in my expense manager dashboard. Along with this, I even like the reporting and analysis by Expensify. In this way, I can manage my expenses and ensure that I don't waste it the next time. I travel a lot due to my work and Expensify is the perfect software to reduce my expenses and costs.

Expensify review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"An amazing expenses management tool for corporate entities"

What do you like best?

Expensify offers a free trial before purchasing the software. I think one of the best features of this software is that the software is cloud based and is even accessible from Android and iOS. This makes my life easier when I use Expensify from different phones. While writing this review, I have to thank the Support team first. They have been of excellent help throught the installing and running of this software. Moreover, there are Webinars and Live Online videos available as well so one can even take help from there.

What do you dislike?

I think the price of the software is a bit too much for someone in the corporate sector. A starting price of $9 / active user / month is on the higher side and makes it difficult for a small company or enterprise to afford this amount as a fixed cost. Price should be reduced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely, I would recommend this software to all corporate companies as this will only help in better managing your expenses thus reducing your costs from all fronts

Expensify has solved a lot of my business problems.Working in a team has been made so easy. Additional features of Invoice Management, Spending control and time tracking has made my business keep a track of my expenses efficiently. Along with this, I even have an option of scanning a receipt which Expensify can then insert in its relevant fields instead of inserting all details myself saving me a lot of time and effort. Easy to use and excellent software!

Expensify review by Sara V.
Sara V.

"Better options out there"

What do you like best?

They give you a very good trial period, so you have plenty of time to figure out if this app is for you or not. You have to complete several steps, and after each step you earn more days on your trial. Mine ended up being over 30days.

What do you dislike?

The application is not very user friendly. If you are new to electronic receipt and expense tracking this may not be the best place to start (especially if you are syncing with software like QuickBooks). They only have limited information/training online. And help is only available via email. I’m sure this is one of their ways to keep costs low, but it is very unhelpful to the consumer. I sent an easy (I thought) question to them and 3 days later I received a 1 line response.... asking me a question about my account that had nothing to do with the original concern.

Electronic receipt tracking and expense reimbursements. Not many benefits that I’ve been able to find. Other apps do the same thing, only better.

Expensify review by Kathleen A.
Kathleen A.

"Great app to track business expenses, hours & mileage"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to track business expenses by uploading receipts or entering transactions manually, tracking hours and even mileage.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the upgraded version is missing some of the features that are in the free version. Customer service told me that they no longer support time tracking and recommended TSheets. I later figured out that downgrading to the free version brought back that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app to track all business expenses, miles & time in one place.

The benefits I found using Expensify are that tracking my expenses, time and mileage are a lot easier. I can track from anywhere and create reports to file taxes easier at the end of the year or locate saved receipts if ever needed.

Expensify review by John G.
John G.

"Excellent credit card reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Expensify made life so much easier by allowing us to easily code each credit card expense to a specific set of accounting code that was unique to each person.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Implementation was fairly easy and the support was quick to answer any problems I ran in to.

Our staff of 12 had company credit cards and each month you were required to code each expense to your correct accounting code and that was a pain in the backside. Either you had already forgotten where that particular Amazon item should be charged to or you had to find your list of account codes for those less used ones. By linking our credit card the charges for each person showed up in their app along with a list of their specific accounting codes. Brilliant! Save the individual employees time and save the accounting guy tons of time.

Expensify review by Rob H.
Rob H.

"Expense reports with some ease"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless integration between my bank/cards to pull in transactions and quickly identify transactions which should be expensed. Submitting photos of receipts is also flawless. I love that I can take a picture, submit it and then later login to the account and everything is matched up and ready to roll.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where automatic policies have been generated and it's messed up a number of reports, which required me to delete the account and then re-open an account. Support is fairly easy to reach by message but there's no way to speak to someone to walk through any processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This blows away Concur from a frustration standpoint.

The most obvious is a uniform and clean expense report across all users. Quickly and properly coding transactions as they should be.

Expensify review by Abigail S.
Abigail S.

"Positive and efficient experience using Expensify"

What do you like best?

I loved the mobile app! It was very user friendly and modern looking. It also made my life much more convenient. It is so hard to save physical receipts; thus, I really enjoyed the fact that it was able to save the photos on the mobile app that I took and store them in a folder until I was ready to link them to a specific line item expense. I also loved when it told me there was an error with my expense report. It was a great feature to have and like another set of eyes looking and double checking my work before my supervisor saw it.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how when it synced with my American Express account I had doubles of purchases and always had to delete one, but that may be an American Express issue not Expensify, I am not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that teams and companies create their own step-by-step guide for employees as Expensify has a lot of features to it. Making a guide that is specific for your employee's needs will be very helpful for troubleshoot the app and features and ensuring all employees are on the same page. Expensify is very helpful for companies with traveling employees.

So much easier to submit expense reports. As a traveling consultant it is easy to lose receipts on the go or on the road, so this made it easier keeping an electronic record of purchases.

Expensify review by Blake E.
Blake E.

"Luke warm reception for this product"

What do you like best?

I like how it makes it easy to upload receipts, no need for spreadsheets etc.

What do you dislike?

I find the workflow a bit confusing. You login, create a new report, upload receipts, and then submitting an expense report shows the status as 'closed' - the first time I emailed our office manager to see what I did wrong, since to me, closed indicates it's done but not a positive outcome - like closing an open job req.

It didn't give me any idea that I had submitted my expense report correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all options before settling. It seems like there's other stuff out there that has a better UI than this.

Centralized platform for managing expense reports within the company - makes it easy for me to see past expenses that have been submitted and reimbursed, along with receipts. Much easier than going through sent emails, or looking in desktop folders for bills and receipts.

Expensify review by Danny H.
Danny H.

"Expensify - Easy to use and very convenient"

What do you like best?

I really like the feature of scanning receipt directly by taking photo of the receipt from the phone and add to a expense report quickly. The smart scan feature quickly determine the information you need to input to the expense receipts and report, this feature save me a lot of time and effort especially I need to work on over 20 expenses every other month. After the receipts are added successfully by sending email to the Expensify email, it will add them to the latest open report automatically.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, most of the features that are required to manage expense reports are readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely the right app/software to go with for managing expense reports.

Difficulty in managing expenses and keeping track of reimbursement from the company. With Expensify, I can easily manage my expense report in one location, there is no need of other spreadsheet or approval. With the email auto approval, my manager gets an email notification requesting approval for my expense report. And I can keep track of all my expenses and reports, with the app on my phone, I also get notification when I am reimbursed.

Expensify review by Erika D.
Erika D.

"Easy way to track spending "

What do you like best?

having the Expensify app has eliminated my need to carry around receipts during trade shows and company trips. I just snap a picture of the receipt, fill in some expense info, and at the end of the trip I submit my report.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike is that it takes a few days for money to hit my account once I’ve selected to initiate reimbursements. Honestly this isn’t much of a big deal because most apps that deal with fund transfers do the same thing.

I’m not missing out on money because I’m able to efficiently track my spending and log receipts as I go. I can view past reports, create PDFs, and view my company’s expense policy all from my phone.

Expensify review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Very Solid User Interface"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to use with a straight forward interface. Very clean and easy way to have an organization track and process expenses.

What do you dislike?

There could be some better training and how to guides. While the interface is great and straightforward, there are some things you just have to ask other users with more knowledge of to know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend, easy to use and an app that is so simple to just download and use on any phone (iPhone or android) - this makes it great for your employees ease of use.

Tracking and processing expenses has been streamlined using this product. And it really makes it easy to go back and check on previous expenses, grouping what is unnecessary and addressing/updating expense policy for the organization I work for.

Expensify review by Huda K.
Huda K.

"Easily track your expenses and save money"

What do you like best?

I just love this application. Everything about this application is amazing! The quality support team is excellent and is ready to help at all times. One amazing feature about this application is that you cn scan your documents or expense bills and even get great insights on the overall expenses. The analytics of this software are just too good. The scanning reduces manual entry to almost nil

What do you dislike?

I've suffered a few problems with the credit card links and then it needs to be manually updated to reconnect which sometimes can get annoying as the data gets lost. The software even changes frequently making it a nuisance to some people

Recommendations to others considering the product

An application especially recommended for small and medium scale enterprises to help better manage their expenses. Can't afford to not have it. Trust me, not having this application is a cost itself

I have immensely benefited from this software. With Expensify, I am better able to manage my expenses through which I can choose which expenses to avoid or reduce. The detailed analysis / report by Expensify is quite helpful and can help you identify your expenses which should be completely eradicated. Being a corporate Manager at a huge accounting firm, I have to give a reason for my every expense and Expensify helps me a lot in avoiding confusion and questions! Must have

Expensify review by Paula X. S.
Paula X. S.

"Easiest Way to Submit Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great simple UI. You can easily add receipts or scan directly using the mobile app. You can tie your account in to Lyft Business, which makes reporting transportation expenses so much easier. My company switched to Concur for a little while then we switched back to expensify because we liked it so much better. I travel outside the U.S. and a lot of my expenses and receipts are in Pesos, Expensify does a good job handling currency exchanges. I love getting mail notifications when my reports are approved and when my money is being processed and on its way into my account. Connecting my Expensify to my bank account was very easy and now I get direct deposit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some fields auto populate and I have a hard time overriding them. Mobile app is slow sometimes. Mostly it's a great product though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, It's great!

We use it to track all of our expenses, submit reports for reimbursements and keeping track of billable expenses. We have offices around the globe and expensive allows our accounting department to keep tabs and approve all expenses across all offices.

Expensify review by Yadira V.
Yadira V.

"Great for tracking expenses!"

What do you like best?

I love that it stores all our expenses in one place. This makes it easy to track budgets that we have in place for specific reasons. It is also very easy to use so I am able to have one of my team members log all of my expenses.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the app. I think there are some kinks that could be worked out on! After you attach the receipt it does not let you fill all of the fields, so I have to go into a desktop to finish it.

Our organization has been able to organize and track every purchase made with our corporate cards. We can also view how much we have spent for specific budgets since we are able to categorize each expense.

Expensify review by Kerry K.
Kerry K.

"Great Tool for Travel"

What do you like best?

The Smart Scanning makes it so easy to add receipts to the app and then I can group them by trip for ease of submitting them to finance for reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

They seem to be very tricky in trying to get you to pay for a subscription. Two times now, I've had to pay their monthly fee and I'm generally pretty observant when clicking on "trying out features" and things like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Reports function of the app is not as refined as I think it should be. It seems tougher than it should be to add expenses to the appropriate report.

We're able to submit expenses in an easy to read report and not have to keep track of paper receipts or print out emailed copies.

Expensify review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"Expensify makes life easier."

What do you like best?

If I had to choose one feature - the simple act of being able to take pictures of receipts with my phone for collection is the best and most useful part of Expensify. SmartScan is a super added bonus that just adds so much depth to the usefulness of Expensify.

What do you dislike?

I'm a little uncertain about the new pricing scale (significantly less expensive annual contracts or more expensive month-to-month subscription). We're a fairly small company and headcount fluctuates so it was a little unnerving deciding the number of annual subscriptions to set up but then again, it's now structured more like other large-scale products so we will get used to it. Regardless, for the cost, it's so worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I came from a large corporation where my team got together monthly to put together our receipts, tape them to paper, and scan them to our email to be sent and filed by the finance department. Can you say stone age?! THIS IS SO MUCH EASIER. Your admins and team will thank you for the time they'll get back from the days of manual expense reporting!

We use Expensify internally between three subsidiaries and it's been such a work-hack. Everyone loves using Expensify and our new-hires are amazed at the ease of use. I also use Expensify with our consultants, contractors, and accountants. I appreciate how much work is all in one place. It makes expenses and reporting so easy.

Expensify review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Great When it Works"

What do you like best?

SmartScan (when it works) makes scanning receipts and entering expenses a breeze. You can simply take a photo of the receipt, enter a couple expense details, and you're done - very simple.

What do you dislike?

SmartScan seems to be a bit flaky at times - it doesn't always work. When this happens, users will often get duplicate entries of their expense (one that feeds in from the card-issuing bank and one from the user created entry).

Support can be difficult due to their exclusively online communication (no phone support available). This means getting the answers you need can be difficult and will take much longer than it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When the product works, it's really great. However, it doesn't always work for some users.

Be prepared for email and chat support with delays in emails that may cause implementation or future issues to drag on.

Expensify make capturing and reporting expenses simple and easy. Once expense reports are submitted, transactions can be easily exported to Excel for reconciliation and import into an accounting package.

Expensify review by Drew J.
Drew J.

"Trapping Contracts for Disappointing Product"

What do you like best?

The integration with QuickBooks Online is good, and the rules creation feature for editing ongoing incoming information automatically is well designed.

What do you dislike?

We use primarily the Corporate Card utility, but in general the entire Expensify system seems to suffer from one core problem. They have not bothered to rethink, how should expense reporting work with modern technology and real-time information? They took the old paper expense reporting processes and tried to digitize them directly--digital expense reports submitted by everyone. Even the UI is built around the idea of groups of Expense Reports as if they were paper reports dropped off on your desk. We ultimately moved to another platform and are paying more because they offer a far better platform that saves us time (which costs much more than the platform). Overall the entire process feels needlessly tedious, dated and unintuitive for a supposedly modern product.

The other issue we faced was that it we regularly had charges submitted that were converted into a cash charge rather than being matched to the corporate card charges. The process of merging these is tedious and not very intuitive for users. The admin control over doing this for users as well as providing other support is very limited as well such that you would need to walk the user through how to fix any issues.

The pricing structure contract is designed to lock you in as long as possible as often as possible. To get the advertised price you need the annual plan which lets you add users but not subtract them. Once you add a user you pay for that seat, whether active or not, filled or not until the next the renewal where if happen to catch it in time, you can adjust down your user count. However, everytime you add a new user seat, your contract is automatically renewed for the entire organization. So if you have 20 users and need to add 1 more your entire contract is automatically extended 1 year from that date for everyone. You can downgrade or cancel but they will actually back bill you for the higher rate for all the months you used in the most recent contract term (which is likely more expensive that just letting the contract run out at the lower rate). Clearly this is designed to lock customers in with paperwork whereas the quality competitors they face are happy to lock customers in with quality user experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out demos for others highly ranked platforms on G2 to get a comparison. Abacus in particular stands out to us as a company heading the right direction.

We have 20 card holders spread over 6 locations across the US that need to submit their expenses and information centrally. We had been using emailed picture attachments, but the time commitment for this as well as the lack of real-time supervision by site supervisors was too limited to scale.

Expensify review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"Easy and Convenient! "

What do you like best?

I love the Expensify app! I use it every time I travel for work and it has made expensing my travel such an easy task. The app is so user friendly and I would recommend it to anyone to travels regularly for work and May to expense anything.

What do you dislike?

The app took a little while to learn but after I got the hang of things it went great! Aside from that I’ve always had a great experience using the app.

With expensify I can expense my travel costs when needed for my business trips. The app also is compatible with Lyft and sends my expense receipts straight to my app from my Lyft business profile, it’s amazing!

Expensify review by Sebastian W.
Sebastian W.

"Fun way of doing your expenses"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Expensify! You simply upload your receipt, and they automatically scan most of the details. Sometimes it's not 100% accurate, but it's faster to correct them than filing everything in. Also, the fact that everything is stored online, my manager receives and approves my report, makes it so much easier than the old-fashioned way.

The communication of the platform is excellent and it will even remind you when you need to finalize some expenses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I wish I could add some extra fields to it myself to explain a bit more on the expenses that I made. I now send a separate email with more background info to my manager if necessary.

Also, sometimes I feel that I receive a lot of emails from expensify. I would like to only receive the big updates by email and rest on the site itself... or at least to have that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend every company (big or small) to use it. Doing expenses the old-fashioned way is just really a pain; you can loose your receipts, it's much work, you need to print out stuff. This solution is environmental friendly, has everything in the cloud, clear communication and works super fast!

It solved a lot of the backoffice within our company. Especially, I believe its a life savor for my manager to approve reports within minutes instead of hours and have everything automized. We're not using it for travel, etc thus far; maybe in the future.

Expensify review by Sabah A.
Sabah A.

"Best Software Assistant - user friendly mobile app (no more scanning ) & Smart Scan capability "

What do you like best?

User friendly mobile app ( no more piles of paper and collecting receipts), Automatic Reporting & Submitting ( never miss a deadline, as the system auto uploads at the end of the month) , Real-time Expense Reports, Duplicate Expense Detection ( helps prevent human error), giving an easy portal and visibility to all expense in one place, and the final report breaks down expenses in categories that are overall the exact categories we have.

What do you dislike?

-Customer support ( chat support only)

-System down for repairs.

- Sometimes it automatically creates a Report & it's difficult to delete reports when they've been automatically created ( sometimes it puts each expense into it's own report)

-At times, the receipt photos are glitch and matching them to the phone app is at times difficult.

- Renaming / deleting / editing report titles or detaching expenses usually creates issues which are unpredictable

Recommendations to others considering the product

faster OCR smart scanner, and fix report creating abilities ( computer vs app)

Using a platform to allow seamless submission expenses and reimbursements in the financial industry. Overall it is easy to use ( if you do not use all the custom options), without a doubt a time saver, it learns categorization patterns which makes it easier to quickly input future expenses more efficiently. Big plus is that it is simple to track and assign expenses to different categories.

Expensify review by Eric D.
Eric D.

"Makes my life easy"

What do you like best?

I enjoy not having to keep track of paper. It keeps me organized with ease.

What do you dislike?

The app is hard to dislike. I hope they update the interface soon just for a change of look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. This will make the lives of employees better. Nothing is more frustrating than having to keep a bunch of receipts in your wallet. With Expensify you can quickly upload a transaction and have it stored for a specific travel event. Once you are done with the event quickly send it to whomever approves your expenses and get your money back with no issues.

Simple wins. If you can make software easy to use you win. People like easy.

Expensify review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Easy to use and cheap"

What do you like best?

Expenisfy is generally easy to use, and their billing structure is great if your team uses it infrequently like mine. We only pay for the service when someone uses it, so if we go a month without a report, we’re not paying for an unused subscription, which I love! It’s also easy to manage and admin a team, set policies, and report expenses. I also appreciate how it keeps legal digital receipts for certain things, making expense reporting even easier.

What do you dislike?

The only downside of Expensify is that it’s not streamlined enough. You have to add a receipt and then create a new report to then add the receipt to the report. I have to explain how to submit a report every time someone tries to fill one out, because intuitively, everyone starts by creating a report and then adding a receipt. So it’s odd that you can’t add a receipt through the report and instead have to do a 2-step process.

Expensify makes expense reporting and reimbursement requests easy and very manageable. Our accounts payable department would have a fit if we tried to get rid of it just for the reimbursement reports alone!

Learning about Expensify?

* We monitor all Expensify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,736)