(3,834)

Asana helps teams manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.

Work for Asana?

Cezar A.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Asana review by salvador v.
salvador v.

"Great organizer of tasks..."

What do you like best?

Asana has many features and virtues that I like, I could write a lot, but, in short, is an application that I like for its ease of use, for its pleasant interface, for its various options that provide for us to organize ourselves without any excuses. It is an excellent program that offers a wide option for the management of projects, tasks, assignments. I like it because you open its calendar and go to the day, you put your tasks and ready, he takes care of reminding you what you have to do. Of course, it is very advantageous to know that it exists for different platforms so you can always stay synchronized and updated to any modification.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like for now is that there is no application for Microsoft store, being in the pc I would have to go to the browser to be able to use that tool. And finally, more advanced management of workflows and ticket numbers would be a perfect complement to make the application even more complete than it already is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no doubt that asana is an incredible option for any person or workgroup that wants to stay in sync with those involved in any project or task to be accomplished, provides an excellent charter of options to have a good performance. Before trying any other application I highly recommend that you first stop by and at least take a look.

With asana the management and handling of tasks and projects ceased to be a problem, became something so simple to do, many of us have migrated to this application for everything it provides, with it has noted a breakthrough collective, and there is no excuse to forget the objectives to be met and with an excellent configuration everything we propose to do will be possible and very simple.

Asana review by Jonna R.
Jonna R.

"Effective Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Asana is great about allowing you to manage your own projects and managing up, since you can create tasks for anyone on your team. I'm not sure if that is a specific privilege granted by a system admin or if the software defaults to letting anyone on on the team assign a task to anyone else. But I really like the ability to set up a task for a co-worker after a discuss or email, to ensure follow-through. Asana also allows you to see completed tasks, which is great to have on hand before review season.

What do you dislike?

I can sometimes find it a little confusing that when a person comments on a task directly in Asana, I am sent an email from the Asana address. But overall, I think that's pretty minor and doesn't reduce the usability or functionality of the platform. I wish Asana had a feature like the Nudge in Gmail, where it would tell you "You sent a message to your teammate about this assignment 5 days ago and haven't heard back. Want to follow-up?" Because people get busy, so it would be nice to have help remembering who I need to circle back with on projects in order to hit deadlines.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great free tool that is effective for improved project management. Try it for yourself and see.

Our team is better able to manage cross-responsibilities with Asana-- we are a small team of 4 people and Asana gives us the power to re-assign tasks as needed. That keeps everyone meeting deadlines and readjusting priorities as needed.

Asana review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"A great tool for those that like to work from lists"

What do you like best?

List items can have their own sublists that are easy to see, a history keeps track of how many tasks have been completed on a graph, can create new tasks via email, and can duplicate tasks or create follow-up tasks. Can create sections so tasks with deadlines can appear in own section near top whereas "Someday" tasks could go into their own section closer to the bottom. I used Asana with a team to start but then continued to use it for my own personal todo list for many years.

What do you dislike?

Cannot easily view nested lists within nested lists (so can only see so much at a time... no way to really expand or collapse to choose exactly how much level of detail you want to see all in one place). And there's not a ton of freedom, versus something like OneNote where you could design a page for all your weekly tasks and then use it as a template from week to week.

Great way to stay organized and stay on top of tasks.

Asana review by Frankline B.
Frankline B.

"The most suitable solution for projects management and Time tracking."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Asana is the way it's easy to get started with it from simple implementation and setup,user-friendly UI,ease of use,simplicity in features and functionalities all the way to integration with many systems within our workplace.Again,it easy to organize and manage tasks and projects effectively.Likewise,I like how it easy to track time against tasks and projects assigned to teams.Moreover,it simple to track the performance of every project thus making timely projects reports.Additionally,creating and assigning tasks and projects and delegating them to my teams is more simple with this software.Furthermore,we cannot miss deadline dates with tasks and due dates function of this software.Finally,Asana is very cost-effective thus affordable to any size of business enterprises.

What do you dislike?

My ratings tell all that I haven't found any negative vibe while using this software because it does what it's supposed to do and that way I find it worth having.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of Asana for effective projects management and time tracking on projects.

Projects and tasks management is at breeze with Asana.

Enhances great team collaboration thus high productivity and outputs.

Ease of time tracking.

Asana review by Albert J.
Albert J.

"Asana, a simple and practical application."

What do you like best?

Asana is very clean and designed exclusively to make the user experience pleasant and fast, the main panel is very clean and looks like a white leaf at first so as not to stress you with unnecessary instructions. To create tasks has greatly simplified the process as you just need to do a couple of clicks, this simplification is well focused as this tool is not to develop complex schemes but to organize projects. It is fabulous to be able to register the people you want and interact with them through the comments they make.

To add attachments you just have to drag and it is very good to immediately notify the project's security on the files that are uploaded, in addition to being able to assign tasks to multiple users. It is recommended to assign individual tasks because when you mark the check of completed task this disappears from the dashboard. To see this in the task view you can see all the activities and give it as unfinished and see everything that has been done.

Asana is a very interesting project center where you can track your tasks from any device with mobile applications where I only recommend to see the tasks because the desktop platform is the best. The addon version of google chrome is great to manage locally. The battery of notifications in Asana can sometimes be annoying but is understandable in a communication center and organization of teams but you can modify this to avoid the email reminder to avoid spam.

This manager is free or you can pay less than a dozen dollars a month but for large teams the price goes up, this can be saved due to the possibility of creating unlimited tasks and subtasks, Asana functions are very good for small projects or very fast tasks with few people because the platform has certain limitations as to the changes that can be made in a project.

What do you dislike?

Asana is easy to understand but in order to understand it you must review it carefully so that you don't get confused with so many options and can find the best workflow. I have a negative criticism regarding the keyboard shortcuts, some of them do not work or are very uncomfortable to apply, I suggest to leave this to the consideration of the user. Another important thing is the fact that you can't change the type of project once started, for example if you start a list project you can't convert it to a dashboard.

Asana is a widely used and known task management tool, it is a suitable tool with certain advantages that require experience in order to exploit them. It differs from similar managers by having the ability to communicate any changes made in the project through an internal channel and via email. You have no limits regarding the tasks you can perform and the appearance and usability are very simple, you just needed time to understand the potential they can give to your team.

You can think that all this can be done with another tool but Asana is designed to provide interactivity in sending documents for a project, this way we avoid the use of email and have an effective communication in real time.

Asana should only be used for free and with few users, if you are going to buy it I recommend that there are only 5 users because you pay 5 by 5. It's a page to see the progress of certain projects and go marking them as completed, beyond that does not offer something more relevant but is very easy to use with a fast interface.

Asana review by Alberto C.
Alberto C.

"He is a perfect task manager."

What do you like best?

It has a user interface and a nice-looking color scheme. You can manage the lists according to the type of tasks. Everything is saved in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

When you add a task with an expiration date and an expiration time, you do not receive an open bell or an emergent notification at the time of expiration and this is a little inefficient because you have to constantly check the email or Asana.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana keeps me organized and helps me to keep in touch with all my employees, at the same time it allows me to see the progress of the projects of each of the departments within my company.

In my company it is a very useful tool for all jobs and it has quickly become a platform of obligatory use within my organization. It has a good time tracking platform so that my employees do not have to switch between windows to keep track of the project they are working on.

Asana review by Colin B.
Colin B.

"Easy to use team project software"

What do you like best?

There are several things I like about this software. It is free and easy to use, which are the most important things. Adding tasks and assigning tasks to users is very intuitive. You are able to set due dates, assign task priorities, comment on tasks, attach files to tasks, etc.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike is the mobile interface. It's not particularly difficult to use, but it's not as seamless and user friendly as the desktop version. This is only a minor complaint and certainly not enough to turn me away. I still suggest this software for anyone looking for free and easy project management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small team this is a perfect software to use. It is free and includes any features that I could possibly imagine anyone looking for a project management software might want. For reference, our team is currently at 5 total people who use the software. We would comfortably continue to use this software for up to 20+ people before considering any software re-evaluations.

We use this on a daily/weekly basis to establish progress on many different projects and tasks that need to be done. This is only used to track the 1-off tasks, and not daily tasks that are expected to be completed and repeated on a regular basis. This app has become increasingly useful as we have added members to our team, as tracking projects grows quickly as members are added and more work avenues can be explored.

Asana review by Abraham C.
Abraham C.

"Simplifies Team-Based Work Management"

What do you like best?

All basic features from the Free Plan is already enough for my work and business needs. I've used so many project management softwares already and I can say that Asana has everything I need. You can either make a list type project or a board type project. Most of the time our company uses list type projects. You can divide each project by sections and you can also add milestones for each section. You can assign tasks, set due dates and set recurring tasks.

In the Free Plan, you can create as many teams as you want. In each team, you can create several projects. So you can have an Accounting Team, Purchasing Team, Customer Service Team, and so on.

Their mobile app also works great for me. It is easy to use and navigate. Nothing special, it works the same like the web app.

It's worth noting that their Premium Plan has many great features too. Like having a timeline, use custom fields, use forms, and many more. If budget is not a problem, I high suggest to upgrade to Premium Plan.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike from this web app. Maybe just need to improve their mobile app a little and make it look like the web app. I think some functions are not available in the mobile app but it is very minimal. Otherwise, it will still be my daily driver for work and business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Free Plan is more than enough but if budget permits, the Premium Plan is all worth it.

Managing tasks is really difficult sometimes but Asana simplifies everything. After using Asana for several years, there's no way we are going to switch to any similar tools in the market.

Asana review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Easy to use, full featured task and project manager"

What do you like best?

I think Asana is one of the easier task apps to use, and getting team members going on it was fairly pain free. The structure of Projects > Tasks is what you'd expect, and they do it well and intuitively. Assigning tasks to team members is great, and being able to communicate within those projects/tasks right in Asana is very useful.

The free version offers enough to scratch the itches and get the job done. The features that are behind the pay wall are not necessarily crucial, but can be very useful for a scaling business.

And of course, Asana's integration with a myriad of other apps and services is pretty great.

What do you dislike?

One thing that is a little annoying is not being able to assign a task to multiple people. One person on a task may work for a lot of things, but not all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a lot of features on the free tier, Asana is great.

We've been able to streamline our projects and tasks workflows. And it's helped keep a nice visual overview into what's going on in the company. And of course, the satisfaction of clicking checkmarks is addicting.

Asana review by Rikke N.
Rikke N.

"Stay on track with your work."

What do you like best?

Asana is a great online platform that I can use on all devices. It is great for project management and tasks. It's great for projects as the calendar can be viewed on the go in the app or in my Outlook calendar. Everyone can enter a task as a personal task or public task. It's a good way to make sure it's not going to be a system of chaos. We can also share everything with clients in an easy way.

What do you dislike?

The search function is not perfect. You can find most stuff, but it can also leave out some things every now and then. It can also be hard to find your way through different projects in overview. Everyone seem to have the option to delete and update tasks. It would be beneficial to be able to limit these kind of things. And in general it would be nice to be able to do some more customization - both for tasks and in specific projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a great free version. Think about if it's enough or if you need to upgrade. Also encourage user to use the product for other things than Project Management tasks. It's a good way to get control of your workload,.

It's a great tool for task management and project management. There are certain things that you just gotta remember and things that repetitive . Asana do it all. I do updates or what ever it takes. It's easy to get around and I even created an account to use privately as it is a good way to organize my life in general.

Asana review by Jarrett H.
Jarrett H.

"Asana's appealing graphical user interface sold me"

What do you like best?

The first thing that caught my attention about Asana was it's colorful and neatly designed user interface. I can quickly look at a screen and get a solid understanding of where things stand with all of our tasks and goals. I got started with Asana within minutes and was able to get up to speed with our existing tasks without having to read a ton of setup guides. The functionality is mostly intuitive, especially where click-and-drag features exist.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, I like Asana and wouldn't change much about it. However, there are some people in my work group that haven't taken to it well. I think if there were more ways to remove certain features for some people or to provide a way for people to interact more through other platforms, such as email or external messaging platforms, then I think it could be versatile enough to accommodate most everyone I work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a solid software choice since it's a flexible collaboration and productivity platform for many different types of projects and industries. If you don't know how to get started, you can pull up a project template that can set the structure for your settings.

We can organize all of our work tasks and relevant information connected to them, such as deadlines, team assignments and so on, and stay updated on the current status at any given time. Asana has what I consider a user-friendly interface that is nice to look at with intuitive functions that just make sense visually. I can share and adsorb information much more quickly than if I were to look at text notes or standard spreadsheets.

Asana review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Asana to assign and manage your times"

What do you like best?

There is something very satisfying about having a digital to-do list, saved in the cloud, that is automatically updated and reminds you of key dates, comments and editions. There is something even more satisfying than finally being able to click on a small selection button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence related to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copies, images, PDF files, etc., all easily downloadable.

It is quite intuitive: impending deadlines are highlighted in red, you can sort tasks as you wish, you can label people who use the @ symbol as in Gmail and on social networks. So, when you are in Asana, everything is fine: you can see all your tasks as a list, a project in its entirety or separated into Elements. You can even see your teammate's projects as well. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a pleasant feeling to know that you can not mark something on your list until sub-tasks have been completed, but that's not Asana's fault! It is good to send you an email to notify you of key events, but this has a drawback. It is good to also link with Time Tracking software.

What do you dislike?

So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others also have it, I have a lot of homework assigned to me in Asana. Many of these involve other people: clients, team members, project managers, etc. All have different start dates and start dates. Each action that involves you, by default, generates an email. Even after disabling many of these notifications, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it is very common to miss the most important ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool to manage tasks and deadlines, I recommend it for medium or small teams that need this type of implementation.

With this application we manage the times in the office, we designate those responsible for each task and we take control of each project.

Asana review by Carlos U.
Carlos U.

"Work as a team in the easiest and most effective way with Asana."

What do you like best?

Asana is an excellent solution for managing tasks and projects based on the cloud that allows companies of any size to manage and organize tasks and projects all in one place and at the same time.

It is very intuitive, has easy to use tools and very intelligent functions with a highly visual platform, so that people can share plans and communicate in real time, and at the same time know who is doing a specific task and in this way to be able to work effectively.

In a simple way you can keep everyone aligned with the goals and objectives of the project.

One of the features that I like most about this software is that it is very easy to use, you learn to manage this software in a very short time. To use it you only need an internet connection and a browser.

You can also use the iOS and Android mobile App, which provides a simplified version, and everything you do from your cell phone will be synchronized in the cloud to the touch.

What do you dislike?

This software is really great and I can not limit complaints, maybe the price is something expensive but it is a necessary tool and therefore worth your investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works extremely well, is quick and easy to execute and does everything you need, making collaboration and teamwork a lot easier.

In my case, it helped me a lot in my work place I was able to invite collaborators, and create projects for different work teams, and assign tasks to each member, thus speeding up project delivery times with quick answers.

Asana review by Tom Y.
Tom Y.

"Repetitive task? There you go "

What do you like best?

Asana can be used for free and in business version. A lot of people will find the free version just fine. It's great for repetitive tasks and you can customize if tasks should occur at special days, weeks, months etc. You can plan far ahead and share between teams or keep tasks to yourself. It's a software that's nice to use for these small things that you would like to keep out of your normal ticket tool etc.

What do you dislike?

Asana is a great tool and it's really hard to find something to put a finger on. User management in regards to private tasks could be better as people do get sick every now and then. You need to get used at customizing repetitive tasks to your need and the search index is not always precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about in what context you will be using the tool. It's great for tasks etc but will still be lacking some in regards to project management. Also evaluate if you need the business version or if the free version will be enough.

We needed a cheap and simple tool to create tasks and follow tasks for colleagues on sick leave. Asana do this really well and it's really easy to set-up.

Asana review by Fayadh A.
Fayadh A.

"One of the best project management tool to handle software projects"

What do you like best?

We are using Asana on our major projects to make it more easy to manage and get things done in time, it is really a great tool to add developers and project managers so that the project can be done with constant moderation. We are also impressed with the the drag and drop functionality in Asana where the tasks can be added and modified accordingly. There is also a provision for tester to escalate this tasks to project managers when needed. Asana is a great tool to make a project management done with ease as this is a platform where we can do anything related to project like adding screen shot, commenting etc.

What do you dislike?

The major issue with Asana is that it doesn't have a mobile app and the notification emails are not regular, please release a mobile app and fix the notification issue asap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for great and passionate teams, have all the essential features. Pricing also reasonable.

We are working on all offshore projects and Asana helps to manage it in real time. Asana is a great tool to get reports and generate profit loss statements as all features are there on the platform. Great tool to work in paradise.

Asana review by Leomarys R.
Leomarys R.

"Easily undertake your projects with Asana"

What do you like best?

It is ideal for me because it allows me to manage my activities and projects, I can work together with my colleagues and assign specific tasks to each one, and visualize how each project is developed, this software is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Once I wanted to make a change in the type of project on a blackboard, but there was no way to do the modification, it would be a good suggestion that I had this option to change, in general, I like the Asana.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent way to work in a group, without having to be alone in your office, you only have an account and Internet connection and it is also free.

This program is very good and quality, since it gives me the facility to work on the same project with my colleagues, and each one can take a different task and exchange information, we can see how it develops until its completion.

Asana review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Life made easier"

What do you like best?

I love how I can set a due date for things and be able to go about marking items off as I go. Having a set time to get something done has worked very in keeping up with daily tasks and recurring tasks on a day by day or weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

It gets a little confusing with doing subtasks for items as I don't fully know how to make them and also how to finish it and still keep the main task at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than trying to use third party apps on phones and other sites where this one you can create days due and remove them with ease. No stress of forgetting anything as it sends reminders right to your email.

It's helped us become more organized and focused on high priority tasks and being able to see what can be left alone for a bit before we have to get to those tasks. Each of us was able to complete more things and stay up-to-date on specific projects that multiple people are involved in.

Asana review by User in Computer Software

"Fit for small projects"

What do you like best?

The beat of it is, i can organise and view the task list whenever i open the app, that reminds me eveeytime to finish the task on time. I can manage and add the tasks to do list accordingly as my need and i can notify my teammates whenever i complete the task. It provide a screen widget through which i can add my important project to the homescreen that keeps reminding till it is completed, this is a good feature of it that helps me in many small projects. Communications within the app is another good thing of it through which i can share sone important information about a particular project, can ask some questions regarding the same and can even receive replies for the same within the app.

What do you dislike?

The most disappointing part of it is you can't use it for a single user you must have a group or team of atleast 5 members to use its premium features. Unless you dont have a samll group, you have to pay alone for the premium features on behalf of 5 persons that make it more expensive. I wish it would be offering premium features for less price for single users.

I have a small working team working on different projects and tasks almost all the time. Now here the asana helps us to keep the project information, its completion stage and progress amaong the teammates.We can communicate, can manage the problems even from different places using communication feature. Its widget keeps us reminding the progress of project, and keeps encouraging us to complete the task at time whenever we open our phones.

Asana review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Power and flexibility can either help or hurt, depending on how you use them"

What do you like best?

Asana has clear advantages for teams that seek to drive task completion by combining powerful and flexible functionality across a range of devices.

First, Asana takes collaboration to the next level using tasks and subtasks. Powerful subtasks hardly matter for shopping lists but are transformational for team projects. For example, task A could break down into tasks B and C, and then task C into tasks D, E, and F (and so forth). Asana makes it possible to define the work, establish the sequence, set due dates, and assign the right people across all of these tasks and subtasks. In contrast, many other task management software tools suffer from underdeveloped subtask functionality. Robust task structures in Asana enable everything else to fall into place.

Second, Asana provides a full view of tasks and status. This is accomplished by combining features that are available separately across other task management software tools. Checklist projects are available to track task completion. “Board” projects enable tasks to flow through phases of completion, like sticky notes on a whiteboard (similar to Trello). Certain projects, such as ongoing programs, work best as a board instead of a checklist. For example, editorial articles could flow through stages (eg. ideas, written, published, etc.). It’s also possible to add the same task to multiple projects. This enables you to track the task for different purposes. Tags can also be used to group tasks together. Asana provides a powerful viewpoint using this mix of features.

Third, Asana is accessible across nearly every device and inside other tools. This makes it easy to view and update. While Asana might not have the best look and feel across every platform, it's functional everywhere. For example, it’s easy to quickly create new tasks using the (somewhat clunky) browser extensions. Tasks can be emailed to projects, and due dates synchronized to calendars. Additionally, it’s possible to build custom integrations using tools such as IFTTT, Zapier, Microsoft Flow, or the API. For example, using these tools you can speak tasks directly from virtual assistants, such as Alexa and Siri, into Asana.

What do you dislike?

While it’s great to have features and options integrated into a single software platform, power and flexibility also increase the complexity. In my opinion, this is the biggest obstacle with Asana.

First, Asana has many features and setups to uncover. Unfortunately, the right organizational approach is difficult to anticipate. For example, it might not be obvious whether a project should be set up as a list or board. Unfortunately, this up-front choice cannot be easily changed. In other cases, the best subtask structure for a complicated task might be unclear. Getting started on the right foot can be a major challenge, and it's not always straightforward to rearrange later.

Second, Asana has a steep learning curve. Critical functions buried under deep menus and keyboard shortcuts are especially tricky for some users. Even basic setups frustrate beginners, such as the difference between lists and boards. These hiccups can sabotage the best of intentions to get an entire team moving in the same direction. It’s death by a thousand (digital) paper cuts. In fact, it's possible to work HARDER than before because processes fall apart when any tool is used inconsistently.

Third, human factors matter. Results from any tool come from deep integration into daily routines. Setup and training are only the beginning with Asana. People have varying levels of comfort and won’t use something just because it exists. Furthermore, even though Asana is marketed as “project management” and borrows features from classical project management software, formal project managers will likely be dissatisfied. Asana is best characterized as “task management” because it lacks maturity in certain capabilities that traditional PMs expect, such as cost analysis and resource scheduling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Power and flexibility can either help or hurt depending on how you apply them. I recommend several principles to get the most out of your Asana implementation.

First, establish your underlying goals and define what you seek to accomplish using Asana. There are so many possibilities that it’s easy to get carried away by the tool. Keep these definitions close at hand.

Second, create your own business systems around Asana to accomplish your goals. Willpower is not enough. Simple systems that do not rely on human failure modes include automatically creating a new task in Asana when a specific trigger happens, or scheduling time on the calendar each week to keep Asana projects maintained.

Third, remember that Asana will not replace every other software program. It often makes sense to continue using specialized tools such as CRM, G Suite, etc. You can use integrations in Asana so that they all work together.

Fourth, don’t expect a turn-key solution. Asana does not work well after a quick setup call. Prepare for implementation challenges and growing pains. The good news is that Asana is configurable for almost anything.

Finally, incorporate team members that know Asana well. Asana takes time to learn and there are many possibilities. Otherwise, you might still be uncovering features and optimal setups for years.

These experiences come from my own internal projects and helping others with Asana. How these recommendations apply depends on how they relate to your own situation. While I do not have any formal relationship with Asana, my background with enterprise software projects in general, in over fifteen countries and almost every business function, enables me to assess the technical features and business impact of Asana from a bigger picture context (https://www.mergencesystems.com). Whether these specific recommendations are useful to you depends on the way in which you apply them.

I invite you to contact me through G2Crowd by clicking on my profile image if you have questions.

Asana eliminates the need to flip between different software programs for checklists, boards, messaging, notes, and files. Too many tools results in confusion about where to work and constant updates to keep everything synchronized. While not perfect, Asana is the simplest unified tool with the muscle to manage task priorities, what the team is doing, and how everything is interconnected. Integration options are great to bridge any gaps.

With everything in the same place, Asana provides visibility. Whether dealing with a small or large project, it’s simple to see the details, who is responsible, and related tasks. It’s totally possible to maintain visibility even when working with large teams because the building blocks are adaptable and scalable. Of course, it’s important to avoid getting too sophisticated with unnecessarily complex structures.

Through this clearer picture, it’s possible to focus on priorities in Asana. Without structure, it’s easy for urgent disruptions to distract from important work. Sections, task order, tags, projects, reports, and other Asana tricks prevent this from happening. Staying organized around priorities drives satisfaction with clients, customers, and stakeholders. Integration with time tracking tools keeps billable projects in view, which is important for revenue.

With the important details up-front, Asana facilitates better conversations and fewer meetings. While back-and-forth from meetings and web conferences won’t go away, Asana constrains them. For example, it's easy to pull tasks together into a meeting agenda (using a tag), get conversations out of email, and link tasks to relevant context. Needless conversations get minimized when all the information is easily accessible.

Asana review by Douglas T.
Douglas T.

"Decent Project Management System"

What do you like best?

I like that all my tasks can be viewed at once on the screen. I also think the app is helpful since it sends notifications when tasks are due.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to mark the urgency of tasks. Sometimes a bunch of tasks are lingering since they are not as urgent - it would be helpful to be able to flag less urgent so they do not keep popping up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your whole team buys into using it. Otherwise, you will get a huge backlog of uncompleted tasks that will eventually cause more people to stop using the tool.

This helps keeps the team accountable to the tasks we need to complete. Previously, we would have our own separate lists of tasks so many things would inevitably fall through the cracks. Now, our team can see who is responsible for which tasks easily so that things get done.

Asana review by Nilda R.
Nilda R.

"Excellent web tool to improve communication and teamwork"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple and rich tool that allows you to manage and plan your projects, since it is a collaboration software that you very good with which I can do everything you want. The good thing is that this program allows you to customize my activities and have a control of the people who can see your information, it is also very safe.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can only use it online, if it could be downloaded and have it on my computer it would be excellent, I should have more intuitive options that serve to better manage projects, and if they could have more features, it would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is recommended, since it allows you to plan your projects, and it is very useful since my co-workers can give me ideas and contribute information to their projects as long as it allows them access.

It is very good because it gives me the ease of managing my tasks or projects and has allowed my team's work to be carried out in a more transparent and fluid way.

Asana review by Isaura M.
Isaura M.

"An excellent tool for managing tasks and projects. "

What do you like best?

It is very useful because it helps to keep everything related to a task in the same context: images, PDF files, copies is excellent since it is not software that allows you to manage your time, you can also see tasks in its entirety. important you do not necessarily have to create projects to start adding tasks, in conclusion it contains everything my company needs.

What do you dislike?

When an action is generated, it generates an email, which causes the inbox to be full of notifications and that causes the most important ones to be lost, a situation that does not feel good and forces me to log in again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a powerful tool so I recommend its use its interface is clean and low cost. It is very versatile since it adapts to every need, it does not require large teams, you can also delegate tasks, you will no longer be disorganized, managing tasks will be very easy.

It is a fair price advertisement tool we could not find something better, and with the fact of generating individualities and solving in real time has been the most benefits, in addition to its low cost.

Asana review by EBIN E.
EBIN E.

"Good tool for tracking of complex project development"

What do you like best?

Asana is the one and only tool to manage complex projects as many other project management tools fail as the project grows, we are really impressed with the way the AI system in Asana works. It helps us to predict the time of project delivery with the current trend. The AI based mechanism also sends the users and the Clients regular emails about various changes/updates on the project by forecasting it. Asana is the best tool when it comes to project collaboration and team management.

What do you dislike?

The main issue is with the pricing and regular changes on the UI, kindly reduce the pricing and please do not make changes to the UI regularly as it will affect us, we need to find the desired feature and then apply it to the project. Please roll out UI changes monthly or annually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please update the UI on monthly basis rather than weekly, we find it difficult to cope with the new UI design.

We are managing huge business solutions projects that require bih team and constant monitoring. Asana helps us to manage the project more effectively and more easily. There is only less human effort needed.

Asana review by E. V.
E. V.

"Asana"

What do you like best?

Asana is my go-to application for Project Management. I have many clients and I am able to functionally organize them and schedule our tasks. I am able to bring each organization into my Asana separately so that my clients can use the application as well.

Asana is easy enough to use. Many of my clients are not tech savvy yet, feel comfortable using the app. There is also a great integration with Gmail as well as a Chrome extension.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The integration with Gmail takes some getting used to. It can be clunky and if you forget a step, it will not save to the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials, especially when migrating from another project management tool.

Project and Task organization. Nothing slips through the cracks as long as each item is scheduled and assigned correctly.

Communications with clients remain in each task so things don't get lost in email strings.

Asana review by Lupita S.
Lupita S.

"Perfect for working with MANY CLIENTS!"

What do you like best?

Asana has been such a big part of my business in the past. I have used it for launches, setting up business operations, setting up content calendars, managing big teams. I've done it all with Asana and they don't disappoint. I 100% recommend upgrading to the paid version. All the features make it 100% worth it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the board view. I don't like that if you set it up in the list view you can't switch back to board view and vise versa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like organizing tasks by using lists you will definitely like using Asana.

The clients that have used this in the past feel like their productivity increased so much. They feel more high level and on top of things. For example when we've used Asana for launches we are able to see the big picture of the launch and we can see every small detail. It is AMAZING!

Asana review by Nataliya P.
Nataliya P.

"Asana for Team of 5 "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product, it's very easy to use. We were with 3 people at first but now we upgraded to 5 people I don't really see that big of a difference in between the free trial and the cheapest plan for a small team but it does works great. I like ho wI can review all the projects to the side and the tasks to each one of them.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike the fact that there are not folders tat I can put off the finished projects to. Or Might be have separate folders for different designers, so I have to color-code everything which can be a little challenging at times especially when multiple people work under one project!

I also dislike when they have a breakdown that there are no notifications on when the site will be live, also that there is almost no one that can assist you as I think they are not as big team as well, so that may take a moment if you are in a need of anything. We were trying to switch to a higher plan and it was a little confusing of a process, but after many open pages and team of 5 readers on our side we managed to find something that can help us!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial session before anything else to see how much of that product will you need.

We are doin 95% of the designers communication work through this program. Its definitely a great tool because people can use this everywhere they are not necessarily in the office space.

Asana review by Madeleine E.
Madeleine E.

"Asana Keeps Me Organized and Effective "

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Asana is that I can sort things by task due date in a list or view them on a calendar. That makes sure that I am able to see different kinds of tasks in the way that makes the most sense to me. You can also see how much your teammates have on their plate for the day or week before asking them to do something or assigning it to them. It helps make sure that we are all informed and getting things done in time for deadlines.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of notifications that you get automatically but you are able to turn them off and customize which ones you get so it's fine. It took me a while to figure out that you are able to customize which alerts you get so at first, my inbox was flooded with Asana notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Asana. It has really helped our team to get and stay organized.

Asana lets the team assign themselves and each other tasks in a very organized way. Instead of trying to remember things or write them down or get assignments in an email, all of our To Do's are right there in the same system. It has meant that I never forget to do something because it's right there in front of me with the details and the due date. I can also sort my tasks by due date and see what my week's workload looks like which is a huge help.

Asana review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Collect your projects and improve the coordination of your teams"

What do you like best?

The user interface has a great design and is oriented and structured to facilitate communication between the different users that are integrated within the platform. This structured design is present in elements that highlight the relevant sections with colors, the specification of subtasks or the table and calendar views. All this facilitates navigation through Asana.

The objectives, tasks and storage of projects are very simple to perform. All this is easily integrated into this software and allows you to have control over those elements managing any progress or modification through the notifications and schemes within the platform.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if an indicator of the progress on the tasks and objectives was included in Asana, so that we can know at each moment how each of the projects we are carrying out is progressing.

Like any large program, it also has a medium-high level of learning. It is necessary to read both the introductory aids and the tutorials to understand the operation of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organizing projects in a traditional way is quite complicated, since it requires a lot of time and meetings. With Asana you save that time, improve communication between the teams and also take more control over the objectives and tasks of your projects, so I think it is a good tool to save time.

Coordinating teams and projects is what we do mainly within our company with Asana. We can add users, teams, tasks and objectives within the system and thus we have a clear visualization of what we want to accomplish in those projects. At the same time, we can also be informed of any changes with the notifications and review the calendar to see how the objectives are.

The communication between the users and teams of our company has also improved, since we do not waste time coordinating live meetings to set the objectives and know the deadlines of the projects, we do it all through Asana.

Asana review by Diego C.
Diego C.

"Develop your activities and projects in a practical way"

What do you like best?

Asana is a very good platform in which I can upload activities and projects to share with my team, its interface in general is good and it has all the tools in sight, I can have a calendar where I have all my tasks and I can also assign tasks and track them.

What do you dislike?

It has a free version, however, it is very limited in terms of options and features, as its interface is lacking in personalization and finally I would like to be able to edit the images that I add to the cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Asana for any type of business or company since it has everything necessary to work more productively.

In the development department, the use of Asana is very important, since with it we can focus on the tasks that are really important, as well as allowing me to direct my team so that they finish their work on time.

Asana review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Asana is one of the best apps I've used for team task management and collaboration"

What do you like best?

The best part is that it's easy to use. There is virtually no learning curve and I've been able to train my team to use it and I love that it sends notifications via email when something has happened. This and google calendar are my life. There is also the ability to sync with my google calendar so I can see what I need to do when I check my calendar. I just upgraded to the premium plan and I am able to now set start dates as well as dependant tasks. This is the best part about upgrading.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be great if we could have the ability to switch between board view or list view in projects. That's it, other than that I love everything about it! Maybe also having a cheaper plan for just single users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Asana! It's changed the way I run my business. It's easy to search through

I am now able to keep track of my projects and assign tasks to my team. I don't have to dig through emails to see what's been done or hasn't. My team can also see what's going on. It's been a lifesaver to be able to keep track of everything.

Asana review by Anthony M.
Anthony M.

"A great team hub for most of my collaborative work activities"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up projects and tasks in Asana. The control panel has bright colors and is engaging to use overall. The various progress meters motivate me and the people I collaborate with to get things done and marked and completed. Getting started with Asana didn't take long at all. I was able to get my account set up and connected with my group within an hour. Using the buttons and cards to update projects is very smooth and not too technical for me. There are also loads of templates geared towards very common field-specific projects.

What do you dislike?

There are certain projects that have taken us a long time to set up. For more advanced project specification and configurations, we have to dig around for further information and do some trial and error to make things fit the way we needed. So basically, I don't feel it will always work so well out of the box for absolutely every business or creative project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana works great on its own for many business and creative projects, but you should definitely explore the many extensions that are offered to further your use of the platform. You can also integrate it with popular cloud-based software like CRM and online storage accounts.

Asana keeps everyone abreast of project activities and status updates. We can get a quick glance at everything that's going and what needs to be done. For me, it has greatly reduced lots of the stress that I once had when I would jot project notes down and email information around to different team members. The Asana system keeps everyone more on the same page and serves as a hub for documents and files related to our projects.

Asana review by THOMAS K.
THOMAS K.

"We love using Asana, as it helps us the most !"

What do you like best?

Asana is the best bug tracking and project management tool out there in the market, it has a lot of features including the AI based prediction system which allows us to predict the future timeline of the project using the existing data. The other most thing which we loved is the UI and the reminder system in which the user can get real time notification about his/her project trends. Also a lot of developer efforts can be reduced using Asana.

What do you dislike?

The plan and the billing system is a bit complicated as it required a lot of expertise to use. Please fix it and make them simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please ensure that your support them is the best, I have faced difficulties in convincing my issues to them. Please rectify them asap.

We are hosting all our projects on Asana as it helps us to manage and monitor them more easily and effectively. Asana helps us in reducing our human resource utilization in each project there by increasing our profit margin.

Asana review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Asana is undoubtedly an excellent tool for managing projects. "

What do you like best?

Asana is an excellent platform for managing business processes. In this sense, it allows us to capture each process, map it, and review its life cycle completely. We like your project cost tracking, its usability and to be aware of everything that happens, we create spaces in which we can only interactor ourselves or add more people.

What do you dislike?

We do not like that its system of creation of reports and analysis is nonexistent, because it is quite necessary to lead a better group organization. His list of tasks is not very expandable, and his application of agile methodologies for project management ends up being quite clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is recommended mainly for its ease of use and for its integration into third-party software (elementary to be able to export or share our projects to other platforms). It is very good to carry access controls, and to handle recurring tasks. Totally recommended.

Asana has helped us not only to organize our projects and our work team, but now our work is much more automated. Your customizable Dashboard helps make it easier to work, because the options can be more at hand if we want.

Asana review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Great way to keep your projects organized!"

What do you like best?

I love the versatile way you can organize information and ideas using the kanban-like interface! It's like Trello, but more versatile! The mobile app works incredible well and the business features have been nice to use to share pages with clients.

What do you dislike?

The pricing compared to competitors was a little bit of a turn off for us. A lot of the pro features require the paid tier of service and competition like Notion.so were more affordable with the same feature set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a great service. Check out the different template options to get an idea of all the ways you can organize your projects and information. I loved the onboarding process and how they show you everything that is possible and how to use the application to your benefit. It was great at organizing even simple lists and information that you just wanted to get out of your head and not forget later.

I use asana to organize my day, my projects, my clients, and my work ideas. I keep different workspaces and boards to manage the information as best as possible. I loved the ability to set reminders and assign notes and tasks. It was a very well made interface.

Asana review by Davis H.
Davis H.

"Awesome Asana"

What do you like best?

Asana helps me get all of my ideas and to-do's out of my head and into a platform that is easy to use and manage. My work capacity has skyrocketed since implementing Asana.

What do you dislike?

Some really helpful features are only available with premium. It is probably worth the cost, but not something I want to spend money on right now. Some reminder features would be helpful especially when deadlines are approaching and tasks are due soon. In some cases, getting a reminder on my phone would have been really helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take 30 minutes to an hour and read FAQ's // watch videos on how to best use this product. After using this for 5 years, there are many things I still don't know and features I've left unused due to lack of knowledge.

Communication problems are being solved with Asana. It has made contacting our agents and keeping track of who is coming and going much easier. This ensures that we have an accurate agent count in our market center at all times.

Asana review by Daniel  M.
Daniel M.

"Manage your projects with the amazing tools of Asana"

What do you like best?

Asana has useful functions such as subtasks, table view and calendar view, it also has functions with which I can see the status and progress of all my current projects in real time, so that it can keep everything in order, recently, a new one was added. characteristic of the Gantt chart that can be very useful for managing projects.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn how to use each Asana function, since there are many features. I can say that their tools are easy to use once you work on them, but some users struggle with more specific functions, such as panels and communication tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, very intuitive, Asana will allow you to simplify your work.

With this tool I have been able to work in a team in a very easy way and it works well to coordinate each member and meet deadlines.

Asana review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"The best task management product I've tried."

What do you like best?

Clean, intuitive, easy to use. The design is nice, not too crowded, but you have the option to add notes and comments to delve into the tasks. I really like to be able to use Asana on a variety of devices. Asana is one of the most powerful and flexible task management products I've tried. My team is very grateful with this software!

What do you dislike?

Asana has a bit of a learning curve. Due to its power and complexity, it may take some time to become familiar with all its capabilities and how to navigate them. Fortunately, the Asana guide does an excellent job of guiding new users through the basics and advanced features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this product because it is ideal for a medium or large company and will allow you to create and track the tasks of everything from daily administration to project management. It has more than one way to use the platform giving more possibilities and has some excellent integrations with slack and gmail. It also has excellent role levels, which means that you can control who sees which task and group.

I can do the heavy lifting on my laptop and then access all the projects / tasks / comments / etc. in the progress of my phone. It goes beyond the basics with functions like infinitely nested subtasks, the ability to comment, assign, add tags, expiration dates, etc. At a completely granular level.

Asana review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Great task tool "

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to integrate into other software and it's easy to use in teams. We have integrated in places like Microsoft Teams channels and more to come. It's easy to use projects and leave comments etc.It's very flexible and the invitation of team members works really well.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything to dislike. If we should put a finger on something, then it's an option to see your teams tasks easier and find a way to see them even though tasks are marked as private. Private mark is the default option, so it's often not supposed to be private.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe be better at pushing it to other departments who use different tools which make it harder to collaborate between departments.

Great tool to make checklist and reminders for yourself, a team or as a project. The repeating tasks is working like a charm. Making it easy to do repetitive tasks.

Asana review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Great Project Management Brings Teams Together"

What do you like best?

Project view options, from list to kanban board. This takes Todoist and Trello functionalities into one place. I also love the sections within each project, subtasks, easy filtering of due dates, and the Calendar view.

What do you dislike?

None at this time. My team and I started using this program heavily these past two months, so we'll need more time to spot any opportunities of improvement or things we don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for everyone on your team to be on the same page of several projects and be empowered to carry on with project milestones with clear expectations of ownership and collaborative opportunities, Asana is for you! Using Asana has kept me close with understanding what's on my team's plate and what I have prioritized for me during the day, week, month, and beyond. As an editor in my field of work, I handle small and big projects along with routine and one-off tasks. Asana keeps me in check with the things I need to get done and be able to keep my boss and colleagues informed of the status of these tasks on a daily basis. I think everyone will benefit with being able to wrangle projects on Asana as a team and individually.

We work with exam development, so anytime we deal with new exam launches or exam changes, we undergo many different processes within the functions of each team member to make sure we're following through to complete tasks that move these major projects forward. This has helped the team have one hub to view upcoming exam project launches and progress points utilizing lists, sections and deadlines.

Asana review by Manuel A.
Manuel A.

"A great tool for project management of any size"

What do you like best?

I think that asana is a great tool to organize projects, besides being able to divide them into specific tasks and integrate people to form a functional team, you can also publish the work that is being done and in this way the whole team knows how to is progressing in the project. On the other hand, it is an online tool that everyone can access despite not being in the same geographic space, and has real-time updates of what is working on the platform. Another aspect that I like is its free version to test the application and see how it works, and also if its interface is customizable.

What do you dislike?

This online tool does not have an offline version, which makes it impossible to use it if you are not connected to the internet. Another aspect is the limited number of languages, since it only has one English version. In addition the application is not intuitive to use, it is necessary to see a tutorial or a manual to correctly understand its use, a very complete tool but difficult to use, this has the consequence that not all users like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application to work teams that need to improve their ability to manage equipment and projects efficiently and quickly, for these jobs this tool is ideal

I help solve project management problems of great magnitude, given that the large number of users who had to have access to various parts of the project was very large, and this was the right tool for these functionalities. In addition, we currently use it to manage any type of project.

Asana review by Michael Allen A.
Michael Allen A.

"Asana for project management"

What do you like best?

It is good to be able to attach documents and copy and paste information sent by email directly in the tasks. I also like that I can clearly see the comment history and know where things have progressed or the status of the project.

What do you dislike?

There are some flaws in the functions of the assistance task, but it has improved or we have improved in maintaining a good management of it. I would like there to be a better function of copying and pasting for tasks and assigning them to save time and be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product to all the companies of my colleagues because it has helped our company to be more organized and responsible from the point of view of the administration. We are clearly assigned to the elements and have a history or creation date, and the information can be easily entered into the tasks.

It has helped our organization to keep the deadlines and task management for the team in order. We used to use Google Docs and this allows us to have a good record of the assigned tasks and the information they contain. You do not have to look in emails to find details.

Asana review by Adriana J.
Adriana J.

"Love ASANA for the follow-up of Projects "

What do you like best?

What I like most about ASANA is that it can send reminders and alerts of tasks and activities that are pending to be fulfilled in the times or if someone has done some updating in the assigned tasks. There is a queine order that can configure and assign tasks and the rest of the guest team responsible for complying with them. You only configure the tasks and those responsible for them. It also sends alerts and reminders according to the scheduled dates. I really liked how it manages the monitoring of tasks, times and responsible.

What do you dislike?

I see the limitation that does not allow to know its capabilities and functions in the free trial version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an application that allows you to control and monitor projects on computers and mobile phones, it is very easy to access and easy to use, it sends you tracking notifications to your email configured when assigning the task and to be invited to the group of collaborators and execution of project activities, since you can record what you do as a guest and what your performance is as a human resource. In the same way you can have several registered projects in case you are a supervisor and internally divide into financial, technological and management activities. I consider it a highly scalable application that can be adapted with other tools such as the google calendar and with contol applications and personnel management, since it is possible to measure what that human resource is executing. I highly recommend them.

Which is an excellent tool to plan, control and monitor the different tasks and objectives of the projects.

Asana review by Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.

"Master To-Do List to Keep Tasks Organized & On Track! "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Asana is clicking the check mark next to a task! But really, Asana helps keep all of my tasks well organized so that I never have to think twice about missing anything. Easily set due dates or assign to team members. Edit descriptions and add tags, and also organize separate to-do lists.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could improve is a notification system for changes to task descriptions. Email notifications are received when due dates are changed, tasks are completed, or tasks are commented on. These emails are helpful, but can also sometimes get lost in inboxes and over looked as something that didn't need attention. It would be more helpful if notifications were pinged to a certain user, and if those notifications also included changes to task "descriptions"

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an awesome tool for managing tasks and getting stuff done!

Asana is our team's master to do list for everything from supplies that need to be ordered, to emails that need to be sent, to what order needs to be produced on which day.

Asana review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Great tool to keep on track and get organized"

What do you like best?

With Asana i`m able to keep on track of all my team works projects, allowing me to be notify when somebody do a change, a comment or add a new task that i need to be aware about.

Asana is a complete team colaboration tool, easy to use, that`s let you know what happening in any given time with any given project or task.

It help to be focus on what you really need to be focus, because give a real time monitor of everything.

If you have some troubles organizing or planing your day at work, asana is the right tool for you, is a very intuitive and powerful tool with a nice and clean interface.

I think asana fits and can help the same way to a small business then a big enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the price its what i dislike the most, besides that, theres nothing else that i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan what you want to achive with asana and how many users need it, because the pricing is per user by mounth, and you will be surprise how fast the bill grow if you don`t plan the amount of users that its going to be using asana.

It helping me to get organized and keep track of every task of my team work.

Asana review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"A great tool for the correct management of projects"

What do you like best?

I like that you can efficiently manage various projects, as well as being able to integrate a large number of people for the same project. This helps to improve the dynamism of the team and optimize delivery times. I also like that you have mobile applications for android and ios for the use of your platform. It also has many integrations such as google calendar. And the best thing is that its use is free. I also think it is important to define the high level of personalization that the tool possesses, it is great

What do you dislike?

One disadvantage is that it is an exclusively online tool, in case of not being able to access the internet then you can not access this platform offline. I also do not like that it is not a totally intuitive tool, certain functions can be a bit complicated to use and you have to resort to looking for tutorials on the internet to use them correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software for companies that need to organize their projects since it really is something totally functional, it helps a lot in the organization and optimization of time and processes.

In the company solutions the great majority of problems of management of projects, this allowed to optimize delivery times and better integration of equipment within the company itself. Because thanks to the fact that you can add collaborators to a project, then you can make this optimization of time easily and simply

Asana review by Teresa K.
Teresa K.

" Asana is a beautifully designed and easy-to-use project management system"

What do you like best?

The ease of use...even people who have never used a project management tool take to Asana very easily. In fact, it's hard to get someone to leave Asana once they've truly used it.

What do you dislike?

Only the pricing...I'm a bootstrapper so while the free account takes care of 75% of what I need, a monthly subscription can sometimes be out of range for someone lean on funds. There are other tools that cost just a low annual fee that can take care of the same things that the free version does, but that do other important tasks for solo-entrepreneurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! If you've been having difficulty keeping track of all the work that needs to get done, if tasks have been falling through the cracks, or if you can't find that notebook that has the info on the task your client gave you last week, then you should jump right in and use Asana. I've even set up a task while on the phone with a client, taking notes directly into Asana. It's a great tool.

When you have several projects going at the same time, and each project has many tasks dependent on team members, using Asana is a great way to track where the project is and who's doing what. I just couldn't do without a tool like Asana.

Asana review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Love Asana but wish they'd fix one little thing"

What do you like best?

I really do enjoy Asana. It's got an interesting and intuitive UI, it's easy to use and makes sense. While originally used for managing tasks and 1:1's for professional development, we've come to use it as an entire project management software for full implementation projects. The ability to add users outside of my organization so I can send notifications is exactly what my team has been needing for years. While there was some learning curve for the whole team, I found things pretty intuitive and process of building out a project makes sense to me, and templating the projects makes our lives so much easier.

The only caveat I have is that clicking on a line item makes it immediately editable, and this is a huge pain.

What do you dislike?

I really only have one major concern with Asana, and it's a funny one from a UI standpoint. Perhaps other people don't see it this way, but I do.

When I am viewing and managing my tasks in Asana, the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy is that as soon as I click on a line, it's immediately become text-editable. So, any time I just want to click on a line, it goes into this mode and I always end up accidently typing or erasing, or just needing to click out of that box. I love everything else about Asana except for this. It doesn't make sense to me, and probably will not. Perhaps I'm the 1% who hate this feature, but there's gotta be a better way - at least make edit ability a double-click option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this was originally just given to us as a simple task management software, once we opened it up and started building projects to manage in Asana we realized just how capable it actually is. Where we thought it didn't have a lot of use to us at first, it's now becoming a go-to tool for my team to operate efficiently.

We are using Asana for project management software. Where this was originally just a task management software for professional development, we've realized this can be used to manage full projects. The features we've found while really building out projects have become a massive help to our team and our clients are reaping the benefits. It's so easy to communicate tasks to clients with this tool, now.

Learn more about Asana

Asana Videos

Learning about Asana?

* We monitor all Asana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(3,834)