Guru Reviews & Product Details

Guru Overview

What is Guru?

Guru is a real-time knowledge management solution that knows when, how, and where to deliver knowledge to you without you having to look for it. With Guru, you don’t just manage your knowledge; you create a network out of your company's collective intelligence. Guru does this by unifying your joint knowledge and suggesting relevant information to you - all in real-time and in every application you work in. The more you use Guru, the smarter it gets.

Guru Details
Discussions
Guru Community

Guru is reinventing knowledge sharing, providing verified information from experts on your team: where you work and when you need it most.

Guru

Already have Guru?
Administrative Associate
Guru
Coach Project Coordinator
What do you like best?

Guru is visually appealing, user friendly, and simple to understand. Guru makes it easy to streamline information and ensure that it is accurate, up to date, and trustworthy. It's an incredibly useful tool for managing information quickly and accurately for large teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm partial to the web app, so I'd have to say that I'm not a big fan of the Chrome extension. It's too small to benefit my workflow. I prefer having a larger view to explore cards and information, so the small pop up windows for cards within the Chrome extension are not as helpful for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guru has been an invaluable resource to our new hire onboarding experience. It's a user-friendly tool that is easy to explain how to use to people who have never used it before. It's visually appealing, easy to navigate, and makes it simple for our new hires to find the information they need when they need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People Operations Generlist
What do you like best?

Guru saves tons of time answering questions for teammates. Being in ops, I'm constantly being asked questions that have already documented answers to. Guru helps me quickly answer and teach people to fish (find their own answers/save time!). The verification helps us know that information is correct and up to date as well which helps us lean on the tool even more. I love the Chrome extension and Slack integration which makes it even quicker to find information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Guru!! The only thing that could be helpful is being able to have boards/cards easier to move/delete. We often have cards that could apply to multiple areas too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're thinking about using Guru - just do it! Onboarding and mastering Guru is simple and easy. Their team is incredibly supportive, there's an online community to bounce ideas off of, the Guru Academy and Help Center all to help you use Guru in the best way possible. The product itself saves our team TONS of time in searching and verifying information. They are also SOC 2 compliant which was a major win for us as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time savings so we can focus on larger business objectives. Guru helps build knowledge equity as well which will help when we double in size over the year. We are able to trust the information that's found and verify it on a regular basis. It also increases collaboration in making sure all info from different teams lives in the same space rather than checking tons of different apps and hoping everything is up to date/has access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that Guru provides us a secure place to organize all of our company information and documentation. It is incredibly user friendly and searchable and has been a great tool for our team so far. We have seen a 100% adoption rate and it is improving how we manage our SOPs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there are really any downsides to Guru. Overall, it is a very powerful tool and has helped us be more efficient. One minor item would be to be able to change fonts (without having to code) and not just have different header types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an excellent tool for any organization, no matter the size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving issues related to keeping documents up to date and the "verified" feature means we never have to question whether or not a card is accurate. The permissions are simple and allow us to give access to the necessary information to those that need it. I love the ability to include links and embed documents, this is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

I've been a Guru fanboy for a while ever since using it at my last company!

- What I love is the ease of use, the chrome extension is very powerful, but UI is easy to navigate.

- The ability to bulk manage content in terms of who's reviewing, how often, what is verified/trusted, etc. (it's a long list and a valuable one at that) is very valuable

- MANY different types of content supported and ability to embed cards in other content is pretty darn cool; neat use cases are possible like embedding content into an LMS lesson

- Support is also great! I've sent in bugs and they are so responsive and personable -- as a support person from many walks of life and industry, the bar is pretty high for me to be impressed and Guru nails it! I don't think I've ever waited more than a couple hours for a response -- definitely less than 24 hours and they are great at following up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- i'd love to have more templates available; one of the missteps a company can make is if they skim over any structural or administrative choices for content management.

Ex. is your content/process changing frequently? take it into consideration when you are deciding on verification groups, verification schedules, how content is managed, what different teams own, etc. (on that note, Guru does have info on Knowledge Audits, Knowledge Governance principles, etc. -- really enjoy this content) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a clear vision & training ready that clearly describes/places homework on those teams to define

1) role of the admin(s)

2) role of the verifying groups & the participants

3) role of the user & the optimal use cases/usage you hope to coach towards

Also, get everyone to transition/migrate their old docs! Sometimes it helps to have a buffer time for transition, but ultimately it helps to ask/create accountability on the team to sever the tie to old cloud docs that can now live in Guru. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- keeping content fresh, updated, and consistent

- developing tools to make ramp/onboard new hires easier/more self serve when possible

- helping team answer their own Q's and capture them instead of Q's falling through cracks (if you've used slack as your main comms tool since the remote work shift, you may have experienced this!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Experience Agent
What do you like best?

What's most helpful about Guru is that it's very intuitive and user -friendly. No matter what you type in the search bar, you'll always find something helpful for your question or inquiry. An upside of using Guru is that it's super easy to use, all of the information is clearly listed and detailed in a way that's easily digestible for you but also just as easily expressed to a coworker or customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about Guru in my opinion is that when you favorite an item/card it's just saved in a list format versus in a section format. So if you go searching through your favorites it can be difficult to locate a card in a timely fashion. Favorited sections would work better than seeing a bunch of cards saved in order or sorted by 'Date Favorited' .. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great resource for employees to use when pressed with questions or concerns regarding policies and procedures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving ALL problems using Guru. Everything from questions or inquiries from customers to updates about Policy and Procedure for the company can all be solved and researched through Guru. The main benefit is having a one-tops shop depository for all company info that is constantly updated as the business changes which is something not many companies have for their employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Renewals Account Executive
What do you like best?

The searchability in Guru is unmatched by other solutions. Setting an internal practice of tagging Guru card, correctly, has made a huge difference in our ability to search for Knowledge cards. The ability to completely customize the folder architecture has also made the build out of our knowledge base much easier. We are also integrated with Slack for easy sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the application was more visually appealing. The simplistic nature of the layout is good for functionality, however I would like to add images in the folder navigation to further simplify things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are scaling your business and hiring people quickly, I would highly recommend Guru as an onboarding tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Guru, extensively, for the training of new members of the team. By reading through all the cards, users can easily learn all there is to know about our team and the organization as a whole. If there is something they are unsure of and cannot find a card for, they can ask a question and our team will be able to answer and create a Guru card for future use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Excellence Jr
What do you like best?

How we cand go through cards, edith the as we progress in our work responsibilities and we cand later discard them. Its a great tool to generate great communication between teams inside the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like Gurú cards to be updated more constantly, theres times when I tried looking for information and didnt find anything or found an out of date card. I know this is according to the administrators of my company, however I cant think of anything else as of today :D Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like the administrators of my company to be looking out more frequently for updates that can be done on the cards, since its really important to allways have the most updated information when serving a customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its an excellent tool to develop mor knowledge and communication between teams. :D Its great that the company can select diferent administrators to edit and review cards, assuring that people with more tenure can be in charge of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expert
What do you like best?

Guru's searchability is its best feature, no question. Our previous knowledge base was a mass of pages that was unintuitive and a nightmare to search. Guru makes tracking things down, keeping them up to date, and sharing them easy as pie. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were just a little more hierarchy and structure to the various boards — being able to nest some of the cards at various levels could help to encode the relationships between different sets of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Guru as our internal knowledge base, to share product information in our support team (so we can support our customers) and more widely throughout the company. Our previous internal knowledge base was a collection of github pages — not only was it difficult to navigate, but we were never sure whether or not the information was outdated. Guru's verification feature is a godsend, as is its robust tagging and easy searchability. Couldn't live without you guys! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Easy access to all the different information we have stored in various locations. Fun and easy to add new cards, great collaboration software. The verification feature is valuable to make sure we're looking at the most recent version of a document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not finding what I'm looking for. Not the fault of Guru, just waiting for our team to add more information. If the program could automatically find and file existing information in a Google Drive folder, that would be amazing.

UPDATE: We now have hundreds of cards created in Guru so finding what we're looking for is no longer an issue. It's really easy to request a card be added from our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Google Drive is like a huge closet that we don't want to open anymore. Very difficult to find things, documents frequently are outdated. Guru has helped us easily search for the most relevant topic, add links, documents, etc. It's like a thorough house cleaning of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Sales Manager - Talent Solutions
What do you like best?

Big fan of Guru, I don't update our cards myself typically but one of the things I love is you can suggest updates and cards provide dates of last update or if they're out of date. It's easy to plug in hyperlinks to other cards, and the search is really good overall.

I also like that you can favorite certain cards, the home page is easy to navigate and big fan of the Guru Chrome plug in so you can quickly grab content. It does require upkeep, but again, because so much of this can be crowdsourced it's rare that we have Guru cards that are wildly out of date. It's the best Intranet or LMS, whatever you want to call it that I've worked with in awhile, I like it much better than Confluence for example which I found clunky. The UI is just simple to use.

One thing I really appreciate as well is that's easy to copy the content of a card or download it into a PDF. Additionally, when we do roll out a new initiative, Enablement can "assign" a card to us and then measure how many reps actually digest the content. I appreciate the accountability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see more integrations, for example, I work at Gong and we have to link Gong calls into Guru Cards vs. embedding the recordings right in the card so you don't have to go back and forth. It's a small gripe, not a deal-breaker at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our product changes quarterly it seems like, we do use Gong to create a library of best sales calls, but our competitive intel and battlecards, HR info, and other critical internal product updates can all live in Gong so we can share best practices and tribal knowledge at scale and allows us to stay consistent with messaging. Our Enablement team does such a great job keeping Guru up to date, it's a go-to for all of us in Sales and we trust the content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is the best and easy to understand. While working we can learn so much from guru cards.

I have never heard about the guru concept and it is a really new concept introduced into the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

May be log in errors sometimes and this can hamper learning process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I will surely recommend guru to my colleagues and friends to use guru in their professional life as it can really impact on their knowledge base and can bring massive change on their working style Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working in underwriting, so share guru cards with each other and there is massive amount of knowledge sharing among us.

We have lots of different process, that involves lot of new updates in which we share guru cards so that anyone can read those cards and implement that into their work.

our team leads have implemented guru very smoothly in our process and i am very happy about that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Client Success Manager & Head of Client Success Operations
What do you like best?

Better search than Google for all our internal company resources. Users find it intuitive and helpful from their very first session using it. It also allows us to store documentation from lots of different places (G drive, G docs, G sheets, zendesk, our knowledgebase, our own company website etc) in one central location. The chrome extension and Slack integration are also also huge time savers. You don't even have to have Guru open in order to grab content from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minor things like lack of font controls. Would be nice to be able to control fonts more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's only as good as your content and the care you take in organizing the folders and tags. But if you are thoughtful about that, Guru is a no-brainer fabulous investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps our employees find resources quickly regardless of where they are stored. We used to organize everything in a giant Google sheet, with links out to resources. Guru is SO MUCH BETTER!! Employees are saving time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Guru has been invaluable in the onboarding and prospecting process. Having a repository for all of our processes as well as guides on messaging and prospecting has been extremely helpful as I get up to speed in a new role. After onboarding the Chrome extension has continued to be a valuable resource as I craft messaging, deal with objections, and book meetings. Moving forward, I anticipate utilizing Guru even more as prospects move from discovery to eval and beyond.

Having verification within the cards is also helpful so I can have confidence when engaging in card that the information is aligned with the organization's values.

Amazing site with a wealth of knowledge, and the chrome extension makes it easy to access from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel information overload and I am still getting used to the interface. I anticipate that my efficiency will increase over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

when dealing with objections or meeting competitors while prospecting, Guru is a resource to overcome those objections with tactics that have been successful with my colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Customer Success Manager, JAPAC
What do you like best?

I like the below points about Guru:

1) The Best part of Guru is the precise segregation of different topics.

2) Easy to search instantly on any topic

3) Bookmarking ability making the whole user experience very easy and great

4) Giving the option to check the recent activity. this helps in checking the latest updates

5) Providing Analytics insights which are really good because I can easily understand the activity part, without much struggle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly dislike anything but as an improvement point I can suggest the below improvement points:

1) a mobile app for GURU will add a lot of value

2) Ability to connect /link Guru cards with our ticketing tool, so that users can easily access the Guru cards

3) Having certification on Guru and regular training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a complete knowledge management solution, then Guru is a one-stop solution for you. Its easy to use, very much user friendly and the best part is searching is super fast. . I am in awe with GURU Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I solve are :

1) Having an up-to-date knowledge base for my team and organization

2) Getting to know popular knowledge articles (popular cards) on a click

3) Checking the recent activities in all cards at one single glance

The benefits I have realized:

1) Extreme easy search capabilities and the best part is that the search is superfast

2) Analytics capabilities as in i can find out different kinds of sales engagements and activities

3) Guru has made my life a lot easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of Guru and integration capabilities it has with multiple platforms/apps. As a new employee at a company that uses Guru, it's been immensely helpful as I learn the many apps we use while learning what the company is about and its processes.

The ability to integrate with Chrome and Slack is awesome and so helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two weeks into using Guru, I honestly don't have any. It's done what I was told it would do and any lack of info has only been by the author of cards, so an individual issue and not a Guru platform one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Again, as a newbie coming to Guru, I haven't solved many issues but I've had issues solved for me! The benefits of instant connectivity and ease of searchability (making up a new word!) is so helpful when I'm switching between apps. I don't need to open a new tab to open Guru, but can do it on the spot in Slack or Chrome.' Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love the search-ability and general user experience of Guru, it makes it so easy to search for something myself first before asking a question! I love the ability to direct new hires here to start their onboarding off on a knowledge-friendly foot and feel that much more supported by how many verified cards we have to grow their own knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Guru had a few more integration options. We are looking to implement a LMS into our organization and being able to pull from their pre-existing Guru cards would make that transition so much easier on our L&D department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pre-Guru was when I was hired and I can already see the difference in the current onboarding we put on versus when I started in the realm of how knowledgeable/empowered our employees feel in their first few months! Instead of having to ask the same question of someone repeatedly, I love that we have created cards for those pain points/learning opportunities and can immerse our employees in a system that houses all of our internal company information and allows them to search for their answers in a reputable spot of verified answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Manager (Australia)
What do you like best?

I love that Guru is everywhere. Since it's a Chrome extension, I can access Guru from whatever tab or tool I'm using. The search functionality is excellent and the whole system around it for verification and user permissions is set up so well that it ensures our information will stay relevant in future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see some improvements to the comment feature! I think it would be useful to have in-card commenting for highlighting and commenting on specific parts of the card (versus the whole card) and allowing to mark those comments as resolved (similar to Google Docs). More formatting options would be great too! I'd love to see web URLs saved as preview boxes (the ones showing the header image and title of the link) and the ability to include a notice box or highlighted box for attention-grabbing notes and cautions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our old knowledge base was outdated, difficult to search through and had no consistency in how content was formatted or organised. Guru has helped us solve all of those problems, leaving room to go figure out how to be more creative and forward-thinking instead of spending all of our limited time housekeeping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of People
What do you like best?

I like that it's a one stop shop for our team. One of my favorite features is the ability to tell a card when you'd like to review it again -- one week, month or even year from now -- to make the appropriate updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are still learning how to use the tool, so there's a bit of a learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our team is still early in the implementation process, but we're excited to have a source of truth for all employees. We know we will get notified when cards need to be updated, so we can keep our HR information current and beneficial for all employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to using Guru, our People team had multiple versions of documents for our employees. Now we are slowly inputting our information into the platform, and know that will eventually be our source of truth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

B
What do you like best?

Guru has made it easy to document and favorite those nuggets of information I keep referencing. Especially when it comes to procedural checklists, I can rest assured the process is saved for me and I don't have to disturb any of my co-workers asking the same question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would LOVE to see text wrapping as a functionality in card templates! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a user friendly knowledge base for your business, look no further. The Guru support team has been super useful and friendly in every interaction I have had with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Documentation has always been important, but even more so now that most of our work is being done remotely. It is way easier to search for answers in Guru than it is to reach out to someone who is most likely stuck in Zoom meetings all day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

I really like the trigger feature. Our intake specialists conduct intake calls/emails/texts via another system, so it's amazing that we can configure triggers to suggest criteria without them having to toggle from tab to tab. All of the content is right there, or searchable via the widget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't split permissions among cards. Like they can only be applied en masse. Otherwise you have to just not categorize the card. I also don't like how you can't duplicate cards to another board; you have to create a new card and copy/paste. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had no internal knowledge management resource of any kind. This helps us so that every intake specialist has the same information. We also had no way of accountability. Being able to view who verified a card, who read it, etc. helps with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.