Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews & Product Details

Adobe Acrobat Reader Overview

What is Adobe Acrobat Reader?

The free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents

Adobe Acrobat Reader Details

$11,171
@Adobe
25,182 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews

Showing 1,509 Reader reviews
Showing 1,509 reviews
Already have Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Librarian
What do you like best?

When viewing or trying to read Pdf documents, the adobe application is available for free and very simple to be using , which compatible on all devices. I could access all formats of pdf documents into this so it can be opened thoroughly in it, particularly bulk PDFs which could open on single sheet and be kept scrolling down very easily. unlike other software adobe pdf reader allows users a bonus point by given tools modify PDF easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to add attachment or additional table to pdf , making it more difficult for transfer the file via mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly suggest. Tip, you could navigate recent read pdf files through software , without opening each single file from local disk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's faster and more effective to read and make notes in PDF files. as well as, great in smartphone app reading. Flawless on opening and having read of Pdf documents with no trouble. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programmer
What do you like best?

The best thing that this software can give you is the flexibility that no other PDF reader gives you. The best PDF reader that is available in the market right now and it is hard to deny the fact. The ability to edit pdfs, annotate them, sign them and export them as a Word Doc is very easy. We can easily open it in any browser for viewing and you can use this software flawlessly during presentations as well. To open multiple windows at a time and switch between them is very easy and it doesn't take away your processing speed as such. It is also easy to combine two or multiple pdf files into one using this Adobe Acrobat Reader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many things to dislike as it has the flawless functionalities and one thing I feel it should have done better is the pricing. It is too expensive for people with small companies to afford. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a pdf reader and if you have a small team then this is for you. It's easy to use and easy to adapt. Adobe Pro is a bit costly but it is worth buying if you can afford it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used Adobe Acrobat reader to make presentations and prepare or edit proper PDF files. I used it to teach and read books which are in PDF format with ease. The Fullscreen mode or Read mode available is one of the best in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Acrobat Reader supera con creces lo que puedo hacer cualquier otra herramienta de gestión PDF. Es muy fácil visualizar documentos a través de ésta herramienta, utilizando como funciones como el resaltado de texto la función de miniaturas. También me gusta porque me permite subir los documentos a la nube de Adobe y que puedan ser compartidor fácilmente a través de enlaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Acrobat Reader es una versión gratuita, por lo que carece de herramientas de edición PDF, sin embargo, está lleno de funciones para la lectura. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sin duda alguna recomiendo el uso de Acrobat Reader. Es un programa que no pedirá suscripciones de licencia si no utilizará las herramientas de edición PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Uso a diario Acrobat Reader en mi trabajo para visualizar e imprimir documentos que nos arroja nuestro software de facturación, también puedo hacer anotaciones o agregar comentarios para enviar a mis colegas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director of Content Development
What do you like best?

Adobe Acrobat Reader helps me make and edit simple graphics and marketing materials. I love that I can share and make comments on pieces that need edits as well. With that, people can understand the edits I suggest in real time. I also love the ability to export and send quickly, as well as the way I can crop and edit pages easily. I also love that I can link out to other documents or webpages to create a single living document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the downsides of this program include the slow speed it can often have - lagging behind my edits. Sometimes others do not have access to Adobe Acrobat - it works best when you can communicate through the program. I wish I could make the PDFs more interactive. Often when I make sections linkable, it looks out of place and others might not know the link is there if I hide it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe using the paid version is best when it comes to this. I also recommend it to be used within teams! It makes it easy to share editing comments and suggestions, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editing other ministry's PDFs are done with ease, and there is no more back and forth with the original designer. I also enjoy that I can easily communicate the edits I need to make and why - within the document and alongside the content. For business problems, Adobe Acrobat helps us stay on brand and consistent across every piece we print or distribute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Художник компьютерной графики
What do you like best?

The best thing I love in Adobe Acrobat is PDF editing and compiling PDF forms for further text processing.

It is very attractive for the simplicity of the interface and its accessibility. Attractive design, quite a lot of functions and user-oriented, which allows it to work comfortably.

It ought to be remarked the ability of the program to work with complex files of a large size, also unique functions that make the work easier and more original. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to refine the interface of the program in which there are definite lacks, more precisely, these are windows for definite program functions that can not be moved and expanded.

Also a very important feature that cares me personally when you copying the PDF forms it is no unique name of this forms. Then you need to rename a large number of fores long. Otherwise, the text in the created form is repeated in all the copied forms.

Also what I would like to refine, it`s put windows with functions into a separate panel that made it also moveable and conveniently disposed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this program since it is one of the best programs in PDF editing and i think the best. Set of features and ease of use will help you in your successful work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program helped me to create complex files and lists that are easy to edit without using complex graphics programs. Thanks to Adobe Acrobat, these files can be permanently edited on a tablet, smartphone or computer using simple PDF editors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

I love the PDFs...they are so easy to share with others, and so easy for others to view. I use them in my day to day work, and have the best experience. We use this day to day in our office and each of our employees have no issues using the product. It loads quickly and efficiently, and it is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have many complaints. Adobe is one of my favorite programs to use, and we use it company wide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a program to help you create, manipulate, print, and manage files in Portable Document Format, then Adobe is the best program for you, and once you begin using it you will understand why. Adobe has been around since 1993, and I have used it for several different things, and the ease of use is just beautiful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a property management company, so when one of our clients wants to see an inspection of their home, and the file is too big to send through our system, we can simply covert it to a PDF in Adobe and move forward with no issues. We are able to share the inspections easily and quickly this way. Also, if you are printing a document, but you find that you also want to save it as a PDF, Adobe Acrobat is the perfect program for that. It is so simple and easy to use, I really do not think anyone would be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supply Chain Manager
What do you like best?

Acrobat Reader is easy to navigate software. For example, it is easy to find where all the functions are as they are located as toolbars around the reader. I also like to have a thumbnail view of the pages, because they help me to have an effective reading. Another important factor is that I can upload the documents to the cloud and generate links that I can share. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You must read carefully when installing Acrobat Reader, because it can install other unwanted programs, which are usually already preselected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it now. You will not have to pay to use Acrobat Reader. It has all the important tools for PDF reading. This software is best choice you can make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Acrobat Reader I can review all my PDF documents just before printing, as it allows me to adjust the size of the pages and their orientation. In the past, I did not have a way to see open PDF files since my computer did not have any software compatible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de soporte de aplicaciones
What do you like best?

What I like best about Acrobat Reader is its toolbar. For example, it has functions to print, increase or decrease the resolution of the pages, add sticky notes or add signatures. Another interesting feature of this software is its reading mode function, which allows me to see the pages in a very clear way. Also, I discovered that there are different font styles for signatures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only problem with Acrobat Reader is the constant messages to buy the professional version. It is annoying that the software opens its page in the browser with the purchase page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I found Acrobat Reader to be a really efficient tool for reading PDF documents. It is a flexible and completely free program. It has optimal performance and is available for multiple platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The people in my charge are constantly sending me documents that I have to review for later publication in the company repository, so Acrobat Reader allows me to read them with great comfort and make annotations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cad Engineer
What do you like best?

The main reason to use Adobe Acrobat reader is that it handles large files very easily and smoothly. We can open multiple files at once and can switch in between randomly. The text-to-speech mode that will read documents out loud for you give fill of Kindle. It has signature options where anyone can add their signature to the documents. Other editing tools like adding sticky notes, highlight or editing text and Images too, copy image are also great to use. Drawing markup tools are very simple to use and very important for Mechanical design industry, because it have lots of tools to highlight text by adding different shapes within words. We can add audio in comments which can help someone for explaining. We can open accidentally closed documents, which is really good. Adobe itself recommends different tools every time, which makes user to make its high use. We can merge lots of documents in single file. We can protect our files by adding password, which is I think best thing that Adobe gives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing which looks frustrating is the availability of different tools within your purchase package or subscription. If you want to use professional features, then its bit pricey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What not to recommend.. Do people have any other best option than Adobe. By default Everyone prefers Adobe only. There are some other readers like Google docs or Foxit Reader and Slim PDF. But you can't get this user experience which Adobe gives. Its somewhere costly but highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working in design field, so to give markups on engineering drawings, i always prefer highlighting and comment tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GIS Expert - Tech Lead
What do you like best?

I love the ability to integrate multiple documents into one and post them to the customer promptly. Also, you love the ability to create improvements with the option to edit PDF instantly. This allows you to edit the text in a PDF, even if developed in word or perhaps an additional system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the possibility to add other comments and arrows to a file. This could be feasible, even if, as a newcomer, I don't know exactly how to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to read PDF documents, then Adobe Reader is the answer for you. If you are looking to edit, update, compress, follow access policies, etc., sign documents, Acrobat is different on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internally, this particular app can be used carefully as it is invaluable and helpful when some other identical apps are not necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

Acrobat Reader has all the functions and tools to view files, and the advantage is that it is free to download. I love how easy it is to open the documents. With just a few clicks you can highlight texts in documents or add comments. Also, I like the fact how the pages can be moved and the sheets rotated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find it a little cumbersome to open PDF files with many images because the program takes too long to display them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is software that can greatly help small businesses or self-employed professionals. It is a tool that will allow you to view and share PDF files at no cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acrobat Reader saves us from paying high subscription costs for specific programs. Every day I highlight texts or add comments to documents that I view in my work. With this software we can view PDF documents on different devices and share them through the Adobe cloud for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Planner
What do you like best?

I often work from other states and even stay in an additional construction, where I may not have access to a printer. Having a platform that enables me to accomplish fields and to esign and email my documents is really fantastic. This is my favourite feature. In addition, I appreciate being able to send documents to anyone, anywhere, as the files are password protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to understand how I could use this software to secure my scanned documents in such a way that no one will be able to modify them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that investing in Adobe Creative Suite is worthwhile in terms of providing your employees with the most effective and user-friendly methods for creating images and forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows people to utilise the files I upload, to seal in the types quickly online and print them for information currently written. All the recipient needs to do is to print the document and add their signature, after which it is ready to be used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ソフトウェアエンジニア
What do you like best?

Adobe Reader also causes it to be painless to reorganize as well as set up the PDF pages of yours and so I could personalize the PDF to the needs of mine. You are able to decide to protect the PDF document of yours with a person password. I love the reality you are able to personalize your security options (e.g. just perspective or even make changes) by choosing what alternative document drivers are able to do with the PDF file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price may be too high for small companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe is specially beneficial in case you work as being a group. When working with something other than good, it is frequently hard to make everyone that is sure is on the very same wave and views the identical document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe permits us to send out documents internally and also on the IRB without stressing about the formatting of theirs. Formatting is really important when planning research protocols as well as consent forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of OCB IT India - Software Development & DevOps
What do you like best?

Although it requires a while to begin, both small and large files can be conveniently opened, I can't easily manage them as various other pdf people do. Zoom functionality is user friendly, and I can run too easily. One more thing I usually use when modifying my written documents would be the editing of text. The page rotation within the Acrobat Reader requires almost no time in file that is large, that's, I could do this quickly at all. I can export, marginalise, edit, organise so on with a tiny effort, like some other PDF readers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Waiting-patiently! You've making it fast when I start a large or small file. In order to open it will take too long. Sometimes it crushes when I exercise way too long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd been using the application for a while, so it works perfectly for me, I understand exactly where I could find the instruments of mine, one more point is its premium cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I will find everything in the hand of mine when I use the software program. It's user friendly. I forgot to save the work of mine, often a program crashes, when I worked a long time in the past. Thus, the tip of mine to save time for the work of yours, unless you lose several of the job of yours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to find, install and use. PDF is the invention of Adobe and arguably the best software for reading, editing and modifying PDFs is their own solution, which is this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit clunky, overloaded with features some users would never need, and a bit in terms in installation size and slow in speed sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this software to view PDFs, fill out PDF forms, and modify PDFs by editing, signing or modifying them. I have utilized benefits such as not having to resort to 3rd party PDF readers as I trust Adobe's software for security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Flow - Integrated Planning
What do you like best?

With the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader I have liked to handle it because it is of good quality to view any type of documents with PFD formats in which they offer me features to sign or edit these documents such as placing comments to use it in the workplace within the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative words for this software since it complies with all their services that they offer and they work correctly to the maximum providing a high-end quality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the software that I recommend the most for the use of PDF files because it handles tools for editing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used this Adobe Acrobat Reader program for several years and I consider that it is very useful because I keep running company reports in PDF files and guarantee the copyright of said content so that its editions are not so easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Finance Analyst
What do you like best?

What I love most in Adobe Reader is it's intuitive and simple interface. It's incredibly user-friendly and really simple to work with. I especially love the point that the newest variant of Adobe Reader quickly displays a summary of in the past opened documents, which makes it super easy for end-users to view and access in the past opened documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A couple of brief breakdowns I experienced while utilizing adobe reader Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although its abilities are restricted when compared with Adobe Acrobat DC, this particular system is extremely efficient both for reading PDF documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We make use of,pdf documents to offer the customers of ours with info on receipt, benefits and extension. Card readers are usually used as a regular method of accessing documents, making file selection simpler and much more convenient for the customers of ours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Eay to use interface with a number of integrated options to provide you with the best reading experience.I have been using this software from quite a time and it definitely proposes best output ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

random updates and background usage of data is not acceptable. I automatically updates itself no matter how many times you close it.It also hangs for files with pages more than 2000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is by far the most affordable and easy to use Pdf file reader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it in day to day life for PDF documents online for my classes and it gives access to read PDFs smoothly.

It provides a great framework for my documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Developer