Front

Front takes out the pain of shared inboxes (contact@, team@, jobs@...) by introducing collaboration in email.

Work for Front?

Learning about Front?

Front Reviews

Ask Front a Question
Showing 97 Front reviews
Jarold M.

"Front App: fast and secure information exchange"

What do you like best?

Facilitate interdepartmental communication with just one click. It has sending multimedia files and the ability to manage projects. In addition, your server offers videoconferences with, the option of programming a voicemail, and monitoring of visits to the website. Front App offers the user a wide capacity of integration to hosting services and API tools. Its deployment in the cloud is quite large. In general terms, it could be said that Front App offers a great service. It is easy to handle, comfortable, and very detailed. This activity manager is amazing. Front App has proven to be very fast when it comes to resolving the doubts of the clientele. The sales team, without a doubt, is enormously qualified for this. The price of Front App is quite economical, and offers a large number of online payment methods, so that the user experience is more rewarding. Excellent terms and conditions.

What do you dislike?

There is no creation of databases, so it is essential that all users are added. In addition, its platform does not provide the ability to edit documents, something that other similar apps offer. It also does not have integrations with Microsoft Office, so it depends on other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front App is the ideal solution for internal business communication, its tools and updated interface guarantee to maintain the exchange of information between departments quickly and effectively. In addition, videoconferencing contributes to meeting business objectives.

Front App is a manager of business activities. It works from a self-managed message box from which the user can communicate with each department separately. Includes data exchange and image uploading to facilitate work on remote equipment.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Front
Mark R.

"Expanded Gmail"

What do you like best?

I like how you can see everyone's bin and the ability to leave comments and tag another person without being visible to the customer. The ability to quickly set up canned notes helps with the team's efficiency. The round robin style of assigning tickets ensures everyone gets a fair share.

What do you dislike?

It's like an expanded version of Gmail to me. I think it would be great to incorporate and easier way to manage tags and pull reports based off multiple tags. Also it would be nice to be able to set up a specific view of an organization or person and show the previously submitted tickets of that person/organization to help us become a lot efficient when backtracking conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good out of the box solution. Good for handling small to medium amount of tickets.

We'd like to have a separate system to handle Corporate tickets vs regular tickets. Down the line we realized we can build this function over to the same system we're using for regular ticketing.

What Shared Inbox solution do you use?

Danielle F.

"Collaborative and Effective"

What do you like best?

Front is a great platform to work with team members to give your customers the best experience. The shared inboxes and ability to assign emails and comment on their content internally helps my team collaborate on ensuring our customers receive the care they need.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that it is difficult to see what time someone actually sent an email. There is a way to see it but it is often difficult to find. I find this frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front is a great option for teams who want to manage any size of an email volume.

We are a nonprofit organization with a small digital communications team. We use front to manage the customer service aspect of our communications. It gives our donors an opportunity to respond to the emails we send them - especially if there are any problems.

Trevor G.

"Excellent and well polished Shared Email Solution"

What do you like best?

Front has an excellent tool set built under the hood. From email tracking, accountability, team collaboration, collision detection and a strong rule engine that allows you to automated your email workflow. The UI is well designed and easy to adopt. The support is superb and you can communicate within the Front app via chat for quick support without having to send an email or call. They also have an online road map and implement changes frequently to improve the software.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing was nearly 80% higher than comparable platforms even when offered a annual discount. But more importantly was the search feature. It didn't always seek everything in ALL FOLDERS which was a pain considering we dig through archived emails Frequently for reference. Though I am sure this has been corrected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front has some expensive overhead so the pricing much higher than. They offer great features and solve the problems of shared inboxes for companies and teams. Their UI is easy to adopt even for those who don't like change or not up to speed with modern software design. Outside of price, we likely would have chose Front over a competitor.

Front allows us to manage shared inboxes in a platform that feels familiar. We have multiple business emails to support returns, general inquiries, orders and more. Our agents are trained to manage any of those inquiries. So we needed a platform that allowed our agents to manage these boxes independently while sharing changes, collaborating on single inquiries, and tracking accountability. Front has solved all of these problems for us in a sleek UI that has really improved our operations.

Anthony C.

"Must have for your organization"

What do you like best?

Love the support with the tool, love the automation and how it makes life so much easier. We've been able to cut down emails and increase collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Need ways to @mention teams from other groups - that is part of our regular workflow but may not match up exactly to how front was designed. Reporting isn't strong in this product; we run a tight ship with tight SLAs to deliver great service; it's hard to get granular reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front is worth it. It is a great collaboration tool and it will be useful in any size organization. It improves efficiency and speeds up tasks; the automation tools inside help speed up manual process. The canned messages are efficient to use and with everything coming out of Front, it is a great tool to look out for.

We have not tried connecting personal inboxes to the tool, but it would be worth considering if calendars and meetings can be followed within it so to dump external tools altogether. But this may not be the focus of Front and may not be a useful direction (trying to do too much).

Plus, the exceptional service is what helped us get our tool to full adoption and use; without Andersen, we likely would have stagnated in the usage of certain features, but thanks to his help and regular video calls, we were able to work through issues quickly. Keep up the great work guys.

Increased collaboration, more fluid experience between teams and less email.

Samuel J.

"Awesome for shared inboxes"

What do you like best?

When bootstrapping my startup I was looking for a simple product to enable me and my coworkers to handle email coming to our team address. I wanted anyone on the team to have visibility of the whole of any conversation. Front provides a very efficient and cost effective solution.

I like that fact that Front gives us growing room. It has an API and multiple pre-built integrations with other products that we could take advantage of as we grow.

What do you dislike?

Front sends notifications to regular email addresses when mail is received at the shared inbox. Replying to these emails adds a comment to the shared thread in Front. It would be nice if there was a way of replying directly to the sender from the regular email client.

Front lets multiple users collaborate in handling a single email inbox. This allows overseers to monitor conversations easily and take over or reassign when necessary.

Sean L.

"Great Solution for Shared Inboxes"

What do you like best?

Front was one of the better, cleaner (interface wise) solutions for shared inboxes. It is relatively easy to use and allows my teams on it to be more efficient with their processes and responses.

What do you dislike?

We had run into several issues in the beginning, particularly the integration with our system. It took us some time to get everything up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trialling the platform for a month as you would discover new processes and ways to streamline your team inboxes.

Our clients would email our customer service representatives individually and as a result, the others would not be aware of one another's cases, especially when they were on leave. A combined inbox allowed the entire team to be up to date with current cases and ongoings. We also applied this to our membership enquiry inbox which allowed us to assign the most appropriate salesperson to the enquiry.

Amanda F.

" excellent tool to manage mail, very useful."

What do you like best?

front is very easy to use, It makes it easy to prioritize through different clients with clients who write. It also has great aesthetics and a design that makes it easy to learn. Not only support tickets, but also sales emails, employee emails, etc. It is a platform that allows us to correctly manage and manage emails in a single environment, the support team is amazing and has responded to all requests in a very fast change. Now it's easy for me to keep track of what needs to be done and know which emails I should respond to personally.

What do you dislike?

sometimes shows information from a different client in the first 10-20 seconds, I can not properly track the internal messages that are sent to me about specific emails, I would like to see all the new internal messages in the same way as Wrike he does it with his messaging system and how it relates to tasks. I also think that the search by email could be more intuitive and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love the fact that you can respond to your chat directly from your inbox. It makes it so simple and effortless to respond quickly, and bring value to those who are interacting with you very useful, 100% recommended.

With Front we can channel them to everyone in our system and delegate them to a team member in a simple and easy way, we do not lose any information and quality in which the correct team member can be assigned for a task.

Carlisle S.

"Front is such an upgraded email experience -- Would not trade it for anything!"

What do you like best?

I love Front's clean UI and easy to use interface. It was really easy to get started with Front and I think it is way easier to manage high volume amounts of work email using the platform. I also like that it integrated seamlessly with my current email client and nothing was really made to be difficult or time consuming when deciding to use Front instead of simply gmail.

What do you dislike?

I hate, hate, hate that you default to "replying all" with Front. My coworkers have had a few embarrassing moments happen because of this and I have felt so bad for them. This definitely needs to change!!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to change your email default settings to NOT reply all!! :) Also, maybe allow the UI to be customized to someone's business colors.

Managing email with my team and being able to discuss emails, specifically bug fixes, that occur behind the scenes.

Jose G.

""Marvelous for shared inboxes""

What do you like best?

While bootstrapping my startup I was searching for a basic item to empower me and my associates to deal with email going to our group address. I needed anybody in the group to have perceivability of the entire of any discussion. Front gives an extremely proficient and financially savvy arrangement.

I like that reality that Front gives us developing room. It has an API and different pre-fabricated mixes with different items that we could exploit as we develop.

What do you dislike?

Front sends notices to standard email tends to when mail is gotten at the common inbox. Answering to these messages adds a remark to the mutual string in Front. It would be pleasant if there was a method for answering legitimately to the sender from the customary email customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front is on the costly side for more than 15 inboxes; So, be set up to pay a decent lot for multi-clients when you have more than 15. I would love to see more reconciliations with other telephone frameworks, for example, Ringcentral and At&t like how Cloze functions.

The work groups of various regions, or administrations, of those that are available in our foundations, can work mutually, taking a request of the considerable number of undertakings completed day by day, moreover they can see all the help cases that have been gone to in the result of the day or any date, from a common organizer utilized by all individuals from the work, along these lines the reaction of uncommon cases is improved in the most brief conceivable time.

Linda J. L.

"A different form of traditional email, ideal for work teams."

What do you like best?

Front is an email designed for the support environment and human resources of a company, ideal to work in teams or work groups, divided into customer service sectors, in this type of group, members have access to different cases of support from the same email and in an organized way, creating different types of folders, for all types of cases, in this area, or in the work area that is requested.

What do you dislike?

The Front platform should provide an email service, company type, with all the necessary functions and requirements, without the need to access third party emails, in order to use the application correctly, this verification or additional task, of having to use an additional mail to the default font is used, I do not think it's good.

The work teams of different areas, or services, of those that are present in our establishments, can work in a joint way, taking an order of all the tasks carried out daily, in addition they can see all the support cases that have been attended in the aftermath of the day or any date, from a shared folder used by all members of the work, in this way the response of exceptional cases is simplified in the shortest possible time.

Zoe W.

"Makes talking to customers much simpler!"

What do you like best?

I can easily look between customers I am speaking to and customers my co-workers are talking to. Helps ensure that every person is covered and not lost. Can easily write private notes to other people in the team regarding customer interaction and get support quickly. It doesn't have ads and runs really well on our macs and the app runs very well too. It makes communication really easy and is super instinctual how to use. We rely on it the most out of all the products our team uses. I would highly recommend it!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything specifically. It does what I need quickly and easily. There could be a few more features, but overall it does the job that I need! We use it with slack and it serves a totally different purpose than slack. they work together to do what we need really good! It doesn't offer the hashtag option that Slack offers so we really need the features of both products combined.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for us to text tons of people, assign customers to specific team members, ask questions and add private notes to chats that customers can't see.

We are providing personalized service to customers looking for houses. I realized it is very helpful for organizing customers to each member of our team. We are able to text customers directly from a single number which is what our business model needs.

Matthew P.

"Helpful but can be overwhelming"

What do you like best?

Front provides seamless integration of instant messaging with email and easy archive features. “Tagging” someone on front is the best part! Essentially, it’s like tagging someone on a Facebook post, but you do it at the bottom of an email thread. This saves your inbox being filled with forwarded emails and having to sift thru old conversations.

What do you dislike?

Front gives you lots and lots of inboxes. Including access to team inboxes that don’t apply to you. This can be overwhelming, as there’s no way to hide these other inboxes in your sidebar. Additionally, your own inbox is divided into two: an inbox with your name and an inbox with conversations “assigned to you.” Sometimes, it is hard to predict which emails go to which inbox.

Contact with customers and colleagues is efficient and simplified, but I wish there was an easier way to change in settings, or know, which emails go to your inbox (of your name) and which are assigned to you.

Robby T.

"Front has been game-changing for our business"

What do you like best?

Front’s ability to seemlessly integrate 10s to 100s of inboxes into a beautiful dashboard, with easy to use rule assigning, tagging, and more is unmatched. I could not imagine how we could be as efficient and provide a specific high a level of customer support without Front.

What do you dislike?

With any app that allows emailing, it gets annoying to have my IPhone mail default mail app in addition to getting the same email notifications from Front and vice versa.

We were able to limit the number of seats in the customer support role without sacrificing quality and quickness to respond. We actually increased response time and became more aware on a business level, of how external communication was being handled across multiple mediums.

Pat E.

"Currently in trial with Front"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of Front are the ability to take notes on an email thread without actually replying to the entire thread and the ability to assign emails to other members of your team so you know who has the ball.

What do you dislike?

It's a big change from the email interface my company uses but that was expected. When responding to emails via Front, it makes it look like I sent the email multiple times in my real email client interface based on the number of other people on the thread. I also dislike that you have to drag and drop screenshot images in to the body of the email to add them inline as opposed to simply uploading the screenshot from a file that's on your computer. You also cannot chat with other members of our team that do not have front accounts so I still have to keep my original email client interface open so I can chat with others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot using the 14 day free trial. Be open to adjusting the way you think about traditional individual use email.

Our customer support team has become more effective because Front gives the entire team transparency into who is working on which support email. We can also report on and measure how effectively and efficiently we are in supporting our customers thanks to Front's analytics that show our response time, resolution time, and number of emails to resolution numbers.

Catherine P.

"Organized and efficient email organization software. "

What do you like best?

It makes it so simple and effortless to respond quickly and add value to those who interact with you. My team has found it more useful for managing projects instead of just sending emails. We can create tickets, track projects, respond to people's emails, etc, also, when a teammate needs help with a message, you can share it with me to help advise you, i also like that it integrates perfectly with my current email client and really nothing was done to be difficult or to consume a lot of time when deciding to use Front instead of just Outlook. Often, our customer service department will take chats on the web, which are then seen by sales on the front. We really enjoyed the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add labels and comments.

What do you dislike?

The software does not mention or give the option to select the time zone, which can be a problem when you work in many offices, and it does not have a summary or a warning before sending an email. It constantly improves and I have no doubt that with the time those little mistakes and annoyances will be solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allows a large team to all use one email address. Easy to use. Customer service is great.

It prevents us from leaving the messages unanswered, we assign emails so that it is obvious who is responsible for what, and being able to tag and comment allows us to classify the requests without effort. Front probably reduces the time we spend on emails by 50-60%, and is essential for any company or team that works with shared accounts.

Allen C.

"Front is a critical app for our business"

What do you like best?

1) Allow team members have visibility on emails and assign them to members to follow up.

2) Snoozing emails is amazing and allow team members to hand off emails that may require time passing before responding. Once an email is snoozed (you pick the amount of time) the email disappears and will only reappear once the timer has elapsed.

3) The ability to comment on an email internally among team members

What do you dislike?

1) The spell checker is in US-English only. We use British English and this can be a bit of a nuisance.

2) Exceptionally long Email threads can get a bit tricky to navigate.

3) The ability to get App-integration is locked to a higher price tier that is double the monthly cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front offers everything you would want from a team-based email management system. The pricing model may not work for all types of company.

Our business does not have strictly defined roles and emails can flow from one staff to another. Front allow us to collaborate, comment and assign emails without the need to forward emails around.

There are also several quality-of-life features such as email snoozing, social platform integration and analytics that I have come to heavily rely on.

For our business, Front App is a critical piece of software and our team depends on it every day.

Daniel E.

"This App Has Changed Our Business! "

What do you like best?

The (Slack like chat) that is embedded between our emails.

What do you dislike?

There could be more integrations, ability to control integration views and to see multiple integrations at the same time on the right panel view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What sold us on Front was seeing the (Slack like chat") in action. Talking about this feature meant nothing to us. But when we saw our team @ mentioning on topics and actually getting more work done, faster, that was when we decided to move forward and use Front.

Our entire team can chat and collaborate with everyone's emails. Everyone has their own box in addition to the company support. Instead of forwarding emails we can @ mention each other and this speeds up the process to get in the loop on issues, tasks, new business, etc.

When we have a client write about a new project, sometimes we need collaboration on how much time certain tasks in their scope of work will take to accurately quote our clients. We are able to very quickly @ mention one or more people and everyone is instantly communicating on an email (but without actually sending emails out). This also keeps the communication very organized and in context.

The integrations are very important to us also. Front is connected with HubSpot and other CRM software and this allows us to see if the client is already in our HubSpot (they do a lookup of the email address in HubSpot from Front) and then we can either add or click and open the client's profile and quickly add deals, take notes, etc. This has been one integration that has saved me a lot of time as the person that answers the phone and emails for sales calls.

Colin G.

"Significantly cuts down on internal email volley"

What do you like best?

When a customer email comes in, we can rapidly discuss it internally using comments and callouts to each other, to come up with the appropriate response. This has worked so much better than endless email forwarding and replying within the organization before getting back to the customer. The discussion is linear, and in context with the external communications, so everyone is on the same page.

What do you dislike?

There are many ways to sort email into buckets, and sometimes too many:

Multiple inboxes, archived or open, assigned or not, replied-to or not, etc.

Then when you switch between the desktop app (OSX for us) and the mobile app (iOS), the default view of which buckets you see changes. So in the end, I do a lot of clicking to just see all mail, unfiltered, to make sure I don't miss anything.

Another problem is that it is hard to search for messages from a particular phone number. Dashes in the number will screw up the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn about the power of the Front API!

We are able to send a huge quantity of outbound notifications via email and sms, using the API, tied to our other business applications.

AC

"An Essential Tool for Managing Customer Support "

What do you like best?

I love that Front gives me the ability to discuss a customer support email with other team members before replying to the user. This lets me effortlessly loop in dev team members for technical questions, sales team members for sales inquiries, and even the CEO for privacy/legal matters. I also love that I can tag conversations, set reminders for them to re-appear at the top of my inbox for months ahead, and track response times and analytics.

What do you dislike?

Front can be a little hard to use and buggy on mobile phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to explore all the features. There are so many useful parts of Front.

We're trying to have a single source of truth for all customer conversations (whether they're product support conversations, sales conversations, bug reports, or anything else). It's really great that the entire team can see and discuss all conversations and come to quick solutions.

Chris C.

"Best team email solution in the market"

What do you like best?

The ease at which you can coordinate multiple team players into a single inbound channel is a game changer for us.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the contact search within the compose window is slow to show results. Search speed fluctuates occasionally as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a team of people sharing an general email account, responding to inbound social media channels, or are constantly forwarding emails to other departments, Front solves all of these problems and a lot more.

We've eliminated the confusion of "reply-all" email threads that cause confusion, double work, delays, and processing errors. Transparency. Now we don't have multiple team members working on a customer inquiry at the same time.

Chris S.

"Team Email like you dreamed of"

What do you like best?

Ease of sharing, commenting and seeing all the emails with out having to forward anything. Support is fantastic and they continue to innovate and add new features. You can communicate direct with Front on the app, like a chat session. Works with dozens of third party apps to customize it for your company.

What do you dislike?

Gets a little out of synch with Gmail at times. Have to reset the app on Mac and iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a sales team and need to collaborate, this is the program for you. Once you get used to internal sharing and comments, you will ask how you lived with out Front.

Major goal was team email, meaning one email for all our customers to use but very easy for the sales team to see everything and reply to what their area is. Implemented their website chat integration, new feature and very cool.

Daniel N.

"Unified customer service that feels personal"

What do you like best?

Customers get to interact with our support team via email, not a ticketing system, so it feels personal and is easy to interact with.

Support team can comment on the thread, assign, tag, so you can get full team participation while maintaining a consistent point of contact with the customer.

Wide ranging integrations so we have a single place to follow and respond to customers. (e.g. Intercom comes into Front, and we can reply without ever going to Intercom)

What do you dislike?

I think all the issues I've had with Front have been fixed. They've been making massive headway over the years we've been using them.

Efficient, personal customer support.

"A good substitute of Microsoft outlook."

What do you like best?

I’ve just started using front, basically front is an e-mail client where you can work with your personal or common email accounts at same place.i actually like the interface, though it is somewhat messy. I like the idea of getting every messaging platforms at one place. Also it allows the real time chatting thing that avoids duplication between two users. The team collobaration and working on same plate form is useful. The assignment feature keep the track of assignments quite good.

Overall, from my little experience, it’s a good app.It is certainly a better choice than outlook.

What do you dislike?

The importing of your email history or chat is somewhat difficult, needs to work on that. Also the labels ain’t seamlessly synced. The conversation assignment, in missive we could assign to a group while here only one person so far! Not working ..

Needs some improvement to stay in the race.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it. It’s a great project and considerably a great email client app.

Till now not too many working has been done using this. But the app is rapidly making its way among the team and the people.

I think it is changing the email client thing fairly.

Austin N.

"Front is on of the earliest email management software."

What do you like best?

As our company was growing, we received a lot of Emails, messages on social media and our phone. It became very difficult to manage them. After some research we found Front. It has helped us a lot to manage all of our messages at one place. You can also select which employees will read which SMS’s which in my opinion is super cool.

What do you dislike?

Front is limited in terms of features. Fonts are very limited and the most important thing that artistic people like me will notice that the customization is very limited. For Example you cannot even change whether you see your emails in full view or collapsed view

We have been using front to manage our Emails.

Tiara R.

"great software"

What do you like best?

Great software for managing emails and conversations. I especially love the fact that I can chat directly in the app on specific emails with specific team members. Helps me stay organized. Also, the "snooze" button is a godsend.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of the look of the interface, because the text is so small. When trying to make it bigger, it makes the entire screen bigger and just winds up being cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their support is very quick to help, and they have amazing tutorials online if you get stuck.

Using Front to keep track of team emails, converse with partners, and manage emails for multiple inboxes, both personal and shared.

Gerald S.

"I love this app, a great change from the traditional email client"

What do you like best?

The UI is brilliant and I love the fact that we can comment without sending another email.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations break from time to time but none of the critical ones. So this becomes a dislike because I have to dislike something per this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front is on the expensive side for more than 15 inboxes; So, be prepared to pay a fair amount for multi-users when you have over 15. I would love to see more integrations with other phone systems such as Ringcentral and At&t similar to how Cloze works.

We were looking to solve collaboration and the 'lost' emails that tend to go into oblivion when they are sent to shared inboxes. For example, privacy@mycompany.com can now be monitored by most anyone easily without a lot of setup and management.

CC
Consultant in Computer Software

"Front Review"

What do you like best?

I like that front can be programmed with other apps to do a particular task. For example, front works with salesforce to bring up a clients file when front receives the call.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the email format. It is cumbersome to use and sometimes hard to understand among team members. They could have a cleaner interface that is much more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Users should do a research online and find out how to use Front for first time users. Also, new users may have to contact their IT departments for installation of Front to the phone line directory.

We are resolving inbound calls with front. We are managing Client customer relationships with front and also resolving emails.

Dave H.

"Best collaborative/shared email client I've seen"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of Front's approach (vs. the ticketing system). It's is clean, easy, intuitive, and excellent both for the internal user and the client experience.

What do you dislike?

Nothing not to like. Excellent email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a trial and see the difference. It take a little getting used to because it's a different paradigm, but it is far better.

We have seen a major uptick in our efficiency and ability to collaborate. We are more responsive, and managing a shared inbox is no longer a difficult chore.

AC

"We fell In love with FRONT from day 1, allowing to to gain email clarity"

What do you like best?

All the features are fantastic - but the internal collaboration features are fantastic for gaining clarity in context or to use as a training tool for new staff.

Internal comments,

Sharing drafts etc

Reminders and send later again are fantastic tools. Especially if you are on windows there is nothing else like it / there wasn't when Front came along. For us it was a game changer and has allowed our business to scalable deal with growth.

Oh and Automatic rules again are brilliant!

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing - Maybe the pricing for small companies who need SF intergration. But really just pay up its worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump on board with FRONT you wont regret it we didnt!

Organisation, Tracking of who did what and where, SF integration (Time saver), Allowing easy collaboration for a distributed team.

The the front desk of our business managing all inboxes, twitter, facebook, Phone / answerphone.

It really is fantastic for us.

"Very robust email system once you get past the learning curve"

What do you like best?

The setup for any custom organizations or flows is much more approachable and easy to understand than something like Gmail where it's a bit hidden away in its settings and sometimes tough to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The overall shift to having to archive everything. I found it difficult at first, and am still having a tough time, fully archiving something as if to say "I'm done with this". I still find comfort in seeing all past emails I've dealt with to know there's nothing I'm missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their support is very helpful and their team is still in a growth phase so are open to hearing feedback to improve their product.

The ability to setup automated rules and have them very customizable to interact and share with team members has proven to be super useful.

Kelly W.

"Front keeps me sane!"

What do you like best?

Front helps keep our email-based customer support organized, so we know who is handling each email, and where we need to focus our attention.

What do you dislike?

I'm really happy with Front, and don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give the free trial a try!

Front helps us respond to emails quickly and focus our attention on our customers instead of managing our shared inbox. It's helped us from double-responding to someone, or losing track of emails that need responses.

"Easy tool to use to collaborate with team"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to tag my coworkers in an email so they can read it. I love the snooze feature, to bring an email back into my inbox after a certain amount of time/days/weeks. I also like the integration with Intercom, to have messages come into a separate inbox.

What do you dislike?

When I send an email to my colleague, it's usually a little delayed, but not a huge deal. Like less than 3 minutes usually. Also I want to color code my tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was/still am a Gmail lover. It took some time to get used to using a new system, but it's really helpful and handy.

I don't have to forward emails if I tag my coworker in it, so there are fewer emails to deal with. The integrations with other apps make it easy to stay in my inbox and not have to jump to other places to get all the info I need.

"Finally, an email tool built for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Everyone gets visibility to the shared (info, support) mailboxes. Emails that get sent incorrectly to me personally can get easily moved to the shared boxes and seen by all. Seeing everyone's replies is excellent.

What do you dislike?

My expectations for this software is so high and while the feature list is exactly what we need, the implementation is a little scrappy around the edges. It's constantly improving and I have no doubt that in time those little bugs and annoyances will be ironed out. They have a clear roadmap and I have no hesitation to use the software. It just lacks the polish of a more mature product like Asana for example which is robust and works exactly as you expect. I'm used to the bugs in Front but with investment and time I have confidence in their resolution.

We are trying to get visibility across the business on all communications coming in. Previously we were relying on forwarding emails to one another. Now we can see them all in one place and thing no longer get missed like they previously did. It's still tricky to get inbox zero and perhaps things need a holding place while being worked on. I'd also love to see integration with Asana to create tasks and resolve emails once complete.

Hussein F.

"Using the FrontApp interface and API"

What do you like best?

We have been using the FrontApp interface and API for a few months now. We use it to manage our half-bot/half-human service to recommend hotel rooms and service customers.

The web/desktop interface is great. There is a ton of flexibility with tags, rules, and auto-replies. Everything runs relatively smoothly!

Also enjoy that FrontApp makes regular updates and has an open product roadmap on trello.

What do you dislike?

1 - We have 'hacked' drip campaigns using tags and rules. Would be great if there was a better interface for this.

2 - The mobile app for android isn't great. It is built more for long-form email communication with customers. Our use case is more for short-form messaging communication.

Having one place for our bot (via API) and humans (via Interface) to communicate with customers.

"great product, easy to use, and free"

What do you like best?

I love that Front is free, and it allows you to track messages, tag others in the company privately, and snooze messages to recall them at a later date. This is especially helpful for me in marketing.

What do you dislike?

It's not the nicest looking and some features are a little difficult to understand how to use right out of the box. There's no way to 'star' conversations. You can add them to folders, but I'm so used to gmail's star feature that I wish it existed here too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give this a try if you like integrations with all the major apps, like Slack, Asana, etc. Works almost as well as gmail.

With marketing, it's almost impossible to keep track of all the email threads I have going at once, and Front helps me manage that easily. Benefit wise, we've saved a ton of money utilizing it for our company.

Clément S.

"Business communication easier than easy ! "

What do you like best?

Front is really easy and quick to set-up, easy to use, we are completely delighted by Mathilde and her co-workers product ! We didn't hesitate a moment from switching from Zendesk to Front !

What do you dislike?

Well, quite nothing, Front is simple to use, well designed, and can be use by anybody without IT knowledge ! If I need to say 1 "bad" thing, but, not so, important, I would rethink the UI, with seems difficult to understand (time to time).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate !

We had dozen of team inbox collaborations :

- Facebook,

- Twitter,

- Smooch.io

- support@

- contact@

- jobs@

And Front helps us a lot managing those inboxes without pain !

Tim B.

"Powerful, but Sorely Lacking"

What do you like best?

Clean interface that consolidates numerous contact channels, including email, SMS, Facebook Messenger (I have 15 of these inboxes), live chat, and help desk tickets. It does this VERY well.

What do you dislike?

Buggy software. Their dev resources are all focused on new features, not fixing bugs like the CTRL+arrow key shortcut to skip words. The contact functionality is virtually non-existent. I had to create custom fields for things such as email, phone number, and so forth. It also does not sync contact data, so you can enter it, but it will not sync it to Pipedrive, Intercom, or any other tool. This means all that data is siloed.

Simple tool to manage customer interaction, which means it is simpler to implement across my business.

Lane S.

"Front to Connect Inboxes"

What do you like best?

Connecting to my coworkers' emails and tagging them is easy and intuitive. It is nice to be able to assign them a conversation and have it out of my hair.

What do you dislike?

I tend to use the webpage instead of the app, as for some reason the app seems to update a lot and will randomly log me out. The webpage works well, though.

Sometimes its easy to lose an email in the archive. However, it is so helpful to be able to review my coworkers' emails for information I may need.

"Email collaboration at its finest."

What do you like best?

The platform Front has developed has completely transformed the way our organization operates. It seamlessly connects all our communication avenues into an easy-to-use interface. We spend less time browsing through different channels, and more time reaching out to our clients.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Front could track user specific data so that while managing all communications in one-place, it would also provide deep insights about our users.

Alexei C.

"Awesome product, awesome support"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Front is, and how efficient I am at treating emails now that I use Front (for personal and professional emails). The support team is incredible and have responded to every single request in a very quick turnaround. It's not easy for me to keep track of what needs to be done, and know to which emails I have to reply personally.

What do you dislike?

To be honest nothing negative so far, I've been happy with the product and still am.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it once, with 2-3 people, you'll quickly be addicted.

1. Never forgetting some lost emails

2. Offloading tasks a lot more easily than before, yet keeping track of things that get done

Alex D.

"Best email app for team"

What do you like best?

Front is very easy to use.

It's the best of gmail (shortcuts, search) but more powerful (collaboration, integrations,...).

The team behind Front is very supportive and I really like to know how the product will be improve (they have a public roadmap).

What do you dislike?

I would love to use Front to manage my personal inbox as well but it doesn't sync (yet) the labels/folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of great features and it's really powerful (and simple to use). Take time to learn more on the feature.

I personally use it with my virtual assistant. She can draft email, ask questions using the comments,...

It's far better than giving access to my gmail account.

Tom D.

"Keeps customer communication and support personal and easy"

What do you like best?

When speaking with customers, people don't want new communication channels. They love their email, so that's where we help them. Front makes assigning and delegating emails to our team so that we can keep up a very high level of customer support. The user interface is nothing short of beautiful. They are always building new features and are growing alongside us.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more robust Salesforce integration. I want to create cases from emails so we can track alongside their accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stick with Front. If they don't have the features you are looking for, there is a good chance they are making it right now!

We have customers coming at us from all angles, with Front we can channel them all into Front and delegate them to a team member simply and easily.

Julia W.

"You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

What do you like best?

As someone who is always afraid to forget things, Front helps you to get that inbox zero high without losing things and not following up. It's really made me a better employee and reduced my stress.

What do you dislike?

A few features can be confusing, but I have to say it must be from so many years in Gmail. I wish you could un-loop someone if you've invited them to comment on an email thread. Maybe you can I just haven't found it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it out.

Time management, follow up, delegation and being a multifunctional manager is made possible with Front App.

Przemysław C.

"Email software that efectively reduces email clutter"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Assing emails to team members. Create rules that will automate what you do. Assing a converations or a few to a task in external system (Asana).

What do you dislike?

I'm not prone to complain I can hardly think of anythink I dislike.

This email software helps to manage emails and share them inside team.

User in Consumer Services

"Easy management for incoming communication"

What do you like best?

I love being able to have shared inboxes that multiple team members can access with ease

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were bette reporting tools, or that you could divide incoming text messages into separate contact touchpoints, aka, someone contacted me on 1/15 about pay, and then again on 1/30 about schedule, but what comes up is one continuous conversation tagged both pay and schedule.

Also, the app is all but useless. The content never refreshes and I can't located a manual refresh button to force a refresh.

Being able to share inbox across multiple users

User in Consumer Goods

"We LOVE Front -- it's a game-changer"

What do you like best?

So easy to collaborate as a team, understand what my interns and associates are working on, and discuss important emails as a group before sending replies.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't totally line up with our sales CRM, so we are still emailing customers through other programs when we are being proactive rather than reactive.

Front helps us onboard new team members faster, delegate work to interns while still having oversight to review and comment on their emails, and better divide out our communications so we can attack our inboxes by channel.

Michal Z.

"The best Email tool ever"

What do you like best?

I love shared inboxes and the ability to directly assign an email to colleague.

What do you dislike?

Well there is really nothing I dislike. Maybe that filters are sometimes hard to set up

Email management - many times an email is sent to wrong member of our team. That was eliminated by Front.

Hope T.

"Friendly, easy customer support tool"

What do you like best?

Front has a friendly interface and is easily usable. We switched to Front from Help Scout, and I've found it to be a much nicer experience. Their team is always rolling out updates and improvements, so it's only gotten better. Also, the "Undo Send" feature is great.

What do you dislike?

The rules for auto-assigning an inbound email to a user can be a little rigid, and it's hard to get it just right so the email gets to the person you want it to. (It's easy to do manually, though.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! Spend some time setting up auto-responses and tags, and see how swift your replies can become.

We manage a busy inbox, and Front helps us sort and assign emails to multiple users so we can respond in a timely manner.

"Great CRM and excellent tech support"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage this tool in multiple ways for different teams. It's very configurable and easy to use. Our contact is very responsive and understanding of our requests. Overall, great service.

What do you dislike?

I think Front has gotten a bit slower with the number of customers we've gotten. I can never load the audit trail page. The search takes forever to load and doesn't bring me to the search

We are communicating with doctors and customers to address their healthcare needs as a pharmacy

Learning about Front?

* We monitor all Front reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.