Paycom

Paycom

Paycom is an HR technology provider with a single-database, end-to-end product providing solutions for Talent Acquisition, Time and Labor Management, Payroll, Talent Management and HR Management, all in one application.

Work for Paycom?

Learning about Paycom?

Paycom Reviews

Ask Paycom a Question
Showing 543 Paycom reviews
Zach B.

"All-in-one HR and Tax Payment solution!"

What do you like best?

Paycom offers to its clients all the tools needed for HR management, tax administration and background check with other things related to Human Resources. This software does everything for you with just few clicks. Also, the solution has an attractive workflow and its Graphic User Interface is very beautiful and user-friendly with out-of-the-box functions for Payroll topics. Besides all the benefits offered by Paycom, its implementation time is really short and you don't have to install anything because it's totally allocated on a cloud.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is worthless, I don't like at all. Since I've downloaded, functions and the workflow aren't the same that the website (it's obvious for being an mobile version of Paycom) and makes really difficult to track records and see how's everything doing on the company through the software. Synchronization between mobile app and cloud isn't the best choice for this subject, the Payroll seems to be pretty outdated and it's because of the several files missing. And the workflow lacks of some elements like more direct buttons to send records to an email or to the cloud itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful of implementing Paycom without even consider the price of it. It's very expensive and I always advice to my colleagues and peers out there is that make sure of purchase enough licenses in order to get the best ot this multitasking solution. Paycom is highly recommended for all the things related to HRM and Project Management as well, is the best solution out there and this is the opportunity to be part of it.

My colleagues and collaborators are grateful that finally have a solution where you can work from anywhere, without having excuses to let work for later. Even though this multitasking HRM software is the best solution out there. Also, the whole tracking system for applicants is now a great tool to have, you can track possible employees with this software and the performance management seems to be now more plausible and flexible.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paycom
Neil M.

"Great solution for HR departments."

What do you like best?

Paycom has everything related to payroll and Human Resources administration management in just one place alongside with tasks that simplifies how this software is really used for. The clients of this particular tool are aware of things that they need to pay or finish in time like for example: tax payments and payroll services.

What do you dislike?

Paycom is really difficult to implement but it's really easy to use once implemented on the HR and Payroll departments. Pricing of Paycom is also very hard to explain, offers cheaper plans but the total amount of money that you're going to pay once you are about to finish the purchase is enormous, is very expensive but is a great tool for solving tax problems. Also the software comes with a glitch on the workflow and you should be careful of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool that has everything related to tax payments and payroll administration alongside with project management and human resources organization it's time to use Paycom as soon as possible. This software is highly recommended for those who are looking to be the best at their companies.

With Paycom we are now able to automatize all the processes that are related to make sheets and schedule tax exemptions of a list of employees and clients that are being rewarded of using the software. Also, the issue of having miscalculations is pretty covered and solved with the HR tools of the software. Payroll issues are also something that were driving us crazy but all the manual problems don't exist anymore.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

"Great User Experience"

What do you like best?

I love using the Paycom app. I find the experience easy to use and not confusing by any means. The app was well integrated into my phone, and I really love the colors are integrated with the app. The fact that I can use my fingerprint or face to log into the app for security protection and convenience. The fact that it supports that makes the app safer and easier to live with.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike is that this is an app with a built-in web app. I prefer the app to be running as an app and not as a web browser. If the app were better integrated like some other financial apps, that would improve the application layout and feel drastically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The application is great for employee management and payroll. Hope the app gets improved over time.

Paycom has helped me clock in my hours at my part-time job at my school.

George R.

"All-in-one solution for HR and Accounting Services!"

What do you like best?

Paycom is a full-featured payroll service capable of handling a variety of payroll-related tasks. It offers businesses a simpler way of creating a payroll system that integrates HR and time management features. With Paycom, clients are assured that they are able to pay the right taxes and employees are paid accurately. Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features though aren't user friendly. There is a lot of capabilities that could be simplified. Some of the features that we pay for, such as applicant tracking, have a lot of sub features that we don't use at all - yet still have to pay for them. There are lots of updates every once in a while, and it's frustrating when something that you're used to doing, is completely changed - and sometimes not for the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am impressed with the fact that I have a designated account specialist assigned to my account rather than getting in touch with a call center and getting a different customer service rep each time I call in for help. With Paycom, processing payroll is an easier task. If there is a problem, my account specialist is easily accessible

The ease of use is the single best quality of this company. My payroll processing time has never been as effiecent or organized in my 18 years of having my business. I am on the site weekly and am very glad that I can process my payroll in a few minutes. I have w2 employee’s and 1099 contractors that I pay through my company. Having a tool that is easy saves me time and thus saves me money. The greatest asset that Paycom offers is their friendly and knowledgeable staff. I would be lost without my specialist. She is amazing. Once the payroll is complete, the reports are very easy to use and run so that I can keep track of all my expenses.

Erica S.

"¡Buenísimo haciendo lo que promete!"

What do you like best?

Paycom is one of the best HRM software that I’ve ever tried before! We used to invest a lot of time and effort to do multiple functions related to Human Resources Department but now we don’t. My favorite feature is managing team hours for each project.

What do you dislike?

Isn’t the simpliest software that I’ve tried, so may be if you’re going to consider it you’ll need some training or skillet tech-users because a good implementation will depend on that. However, their Support Team is almost perfect, they answer every doubt and really helps a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A piece of advice that I can give you all is take into consideration how expensive it is. Even though, isn’t the most expensive software in the market, but maybe small companies won’t be able to enroll or use this software properly.

Our biggest achievement was thanks to our team using Paycom. Is really helpful to manage people and entire departments without having a hard time or confusion that might causes troubles.

JW M.

"World class complete HR solution"

What do you like best?

360 degree view of our company's HR functions. Prior to Paycom, we had very manual processes in place. Since deploying Paycom, we've observed a very high-adoption rate improved our ability to respond to the needs of our staff. Having an assigned account rep to answer questions has been very helpful. There are many options within the platform, and often times we need a little guidance to ensure we're about to make the proper configuration change. There is no wait time. Paycom has always been spot on to answer any questions we have, while showing they genuinely care that we're getting the most out of our solution.

What do you dislike?

The solution has no shortcomings for us. I would say our biggest challenge was conditioning our staff to utilize the employee portals as everything prior to Paycom was very manual and paper-driven. Paycom certainly has provided a more robust method for handling all aspects of HR for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time understanding Position Management, as it relates to many aspects of Paycom such as Performance and Goal Management down the road.

Our company's HR processes were very manual an inefficient until we selected Paycom as our full HR solution provider. Employees and Management have so many resources available that never existed before, from pre-hire talent acquisition, new hire on-boarding, learning management system (LMS), Payroll, Performance Plans, etc.... We were able to take very ineffective procedures from our old ways and put structure in place to reduce the amount of time spent to provide our staff what they need to effectively do their jobs.

John G.

"Paycom"

What do you like best?

Look and feel - I love how Paycom gives the smaller organization an HR platform that as the look and feel of an Enterprise class system that was custom developed just for my company. I have one interface

that is very easy to navigate for all of my HR needs (My learning, Pay stubs, Expenses, Time Cards, Benefits, etc.) And although I was not involved in the implementation, it's my understanding that once my company made a decision to go with Paycom, we were up and running and fully functional in just a couple of days.

What do you dislike?

Managing the time cards of my hourly employees - although I think this is largely a function of some of our self imposed limitations at my company.

Enterprise class HR system that enables our company to on board and manage all the daily activities required by an HR system in a very easy to use, affordable, and easy to implement platform.

Kugan K.

"One platform for all HR solution"

What do you like best?

It is very helpful package for all the needs of HR. It means, the platform is helping us to hire the right people and train them to proper job, and then to monitor their performance, and mainly to pay them as per their position. So, it is a total solution for HR activities. Since it is an automated platform, it is helping to reduce the errors, and also, it is saving the time. So, we able to utilize our valuable time on other work. So, it is indirectly helps to increase the productivity of the organization.

What do you dislike?

This has been mostly liked by everyone, since it is helps to make easy everyone's work. Even though, there is a small disadvantage is, the process timeline, sometime giving wrong output. For example, the in time and the out time, will vary with manual register. It may be the system error from our site. We unable to identify the mistake. Now we have taken decision to contact the IT team of Paycom.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To make accurate decision towards to work force, this is a very suitable software. and also, it will reduce the error percentage. And, it will provide, reliable results related to HR matters.

Actually, it is helping to all the HR needs. It is a very good platform to clear all HR problems. There fore, it is very supportive for business improvement. That mean, we can allocate very less staff force to HR activities, and can move more staff force to business activity. And we able to closely monitor each and every employee's performance. Since, it is giving more accurate result of each employee's performance record, we able to finalize the salary and other benefits, without any favorable.

Zac L.

"Complete Managed Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

My hands-on experience with Paycom has not only been simple and uncomplicated, but probably the best payroll services platform I've ever used. Tabbed sections and self-service capability offer a very easy and immediately-usable interface for anything you need to accomplish, from submitting hours to viewing past payment history and accessing tax information.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet tried the mobile app, and I need to. The only part of the website I wish was more easily accessible would be the profile information; I'm unable to change a few fields. This may simply be an administrator issue, but that's really it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thus far, Paycom has been utterly ideal for our purposes as a managed Human Resources and Staffing firm of less than 50 employees (internal). For small- to medium-sized businesses, I would recommend seeing what the implementation looks like and if required services would be included or additional for your business needs.

Paycom is beautifully scalable, can be accessed anywhere, and thus is not only great for our internal employee use but also ideal for our external employees/contractors, as well. It has certainly helped streamline our HR payroll process and administration!

Greg R.

"We have used Paycom for over 10 years. The software is easy to use, I love it!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the online platform makes payroll or company reporting a breeze. Can't say enough about the customer support!. A+

What do you dislike?

What's not to like, the system is fast and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am a big fan of Paycom. Although it Paycom is considered a "tech" company, I am equally as satisfied with the customer service and the training they give their employees. Whenever I do have to call, my account representative handles my questions with ease. In fact, many times, they teach me how to do something rather than doing it for me. I know I am in good hands with Paycom.

The payroll process is now so easy, I have more time to spend on sales and marketing. Paycom has been a real win for my organization. But perhaps best of all, it allows me to get out of the office and do more lead generating.

Betty F K.

"A good payment tool"

What do you like best?

Paycom is an ideal payment tool, to solve all the needs of any company, creation of invoices, electronic payments, physical and digital receipts, everything you need in the same payment solution, has different tools that make this application , indispensable for daily work, has a pleasant interface for the user, its tools are all at hand, arranged in the best way, all so that your work is simplified in the best way.

What do you dislike?

the application is sometimes a little slow, it can be when you connect to your server, this is not very clear, but you can stay a few seconds loading, this is something that can be improved.

all payments, receipts, invoices, both digital and electronic, are made in a fast and easy way, with Paycom, thus streamlining various tasks in our company, with this we solve, unnecessary paperwork, since most invoices and other similar documents, are kept in a digital database, where they are available, for any query immediately, without having to have hundreds of documents physically.

Adam M.

"Simple All In One Platform"

What do you like best?

Paycom is truly an all in one solution if used correctly. From a candidate applying for a job to sending proper notifications when an employee terminates. The platform as really evolved over the years and now with the mobile app everything can be done from your phone. Our organization used a competitors system for a short period of time and hands down the interface and ease of use of Paycom is well worth the change if you are currently not using Paycom.

What do you dislike?

On the client side, managers & supervisors interface, the reporting features for the different modules are not super straightforward like the rest of the systems. It can be a lot of trial and error until you get the report that you want.

As the company has grown we now have multiple locations that were working off spreadsheets and server drives. We have converted all activities around onboarding, training and time off monitoring over to Payom. Now it doesn't matter where you are you can easily access the information and it is a lot more streamlined.

Tonya T.

"Paycom Fan"

What do you like best?

Personal Service and ease of product. Best Reporting.

What do you dislike?

I have seen Paycom continue to get better and still strive to become better. I truly do not dislike anything about Paycom. Any issue that comes up, if you will just reach out and be direct about your issue, they will find someone to help you. My service team has always been amazing. This is why I always come back to Paycom when I change companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best out there. It is the easiest for employees. Do not hesitate. However, it is important that you get good data in and that you learn how to best utilize the system. A system can only be as good as the data you enter and you understand.

This is my 4th implementation. Our company structure is very difficult and Paycom has gone above and beyond to figure out how we can build a great system to meet our needs.

Karry W.

"Fast, Easy and Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Paycom has the best customer service. When I have a problem or I need help locating a report I just call or email my representative and she either walks me through the process, sends be detailed instructions and has even generated the report I needed and emailed it to me.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is when I am working in the employee list I have to sort it. The list is alphabetical which is fine but it does not filter out inactive/terminated employees. But really it's just a click of a button and the list is filter/organized the way I like it. I just wish there was a way I could get the list to stay sorted the way I like it. There maybe and I have just not found it and it has not really been a top priority either because it does not bother me that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not find a better company to help you with your payroll and hr needs.

Paycom takes care of all our payroll needs.

Chris R.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

The applications on the menu screen are easy to navigate. Data entry for payroll was simple and timeless compared to other systems I have used in the past. The step by step training deck helped me navigate all of the information that is required by my company, insuring I did not leave any information unchecked.

What do you dislike?

If I am to get locked out of the account, I am not sure where to go to get back in. I did not see a message indicating who to contact or how long I would be locked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having everything in one spot is critical for efficiency. The system is easy to use, and if there is a question the training modules are extremely helpful

All of my information is in one spot. I can look at benefits, time off, performance reviews, training decks, as well as, my paycheck.

Nathaniel G.

"Quick and efficient way to get HR details without having to contact HR!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to view previous checks, make adjustments to my 401k, view my accruals, setup vacation time, and my benefits package. I don't have to visit or contact HR, no need to fill out lengthy paper work for simple requests. I feel a lot more in control. They also have a Mobile version which is pretty handy when away from my work station.

What do you dislike?

There was a feature that allowed you view future checks before they arrived, this feature has been removed.

Some of the preset options for sick days could also use some updated phrases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep improving the User interaction portion of the software.

The benefit of being able to have access to a large amount of features without bothering HR is a big deal in itself for me.

Michal .

"Abundantly tedious software with confusing interface providing the worst user experience."

What do you like best?

The overly secure login system always logs me out and asks these security questions that no-one ever remembers answers to. So I guess that since it takes me at least 10 minutes to log in, then it must be impossible for a hacker to break into the system.

What do you dislike?

Generally, this system is just not working for me at all. It is not clear whether it only informs me about my current pay, or if I can actually use it to transfer money.

Secondly, the security system is driving me crazy every time I try to log in. Even if I choose the "remember me" option in my browser, Paycom logs me out and asks me 3 security questions, which I rarely recall answers to. I hope my university switches to a different system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you require a high-security system for pay-management the Paycom is for you. However; if you want to provide your employees with a user-friendly experience go with a different system.

My university uses Paycom to send money to its employees and student workers. I works for its purpose, however; it creates more problems than it solves.

Chad R.

"Paycom, my HR Department"

What do you like best?

Paycom's payroll tool is very easy to use and customer friendly. I am on the site weekly and am very glad that I can process my payroll in a few minutes. I have w2 employee’s and 1099 contractors that I pay through my company. Having a tool that is easy saves me time and thus saves me money. The greatest asset that Paycom offers is their friendly and knowledgeable staff. I would be lost without my specialist. She is amazing. Once the payroll is complete, the reports are very easy to use and run so that I can keep track of all my expenses.

What do you dislike?

My speicalist makes sure I do not have any "dislikes." The service is priceless with Paycom and she handles all questions, issues and even offers advice on how to use the paycom system in even more effiecent ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of having a dedicated specialist assigned to your company. He/she is a wealth of information and will greatly enhance your experience.

Paycom is literally my HR department. They handle all my filings, reports, compliance and notifications to my employees. This is a one stop HR provider.

Ricky A.

"Human resource management simplified"

What do you like best?

Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes

Performance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap.

We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy.

Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

What do you dislike?

We've recently tapped into Paycom's My Learning module. I'd like to see an investment in content development areas like security and compliance to further leverage Paycom as the main source for employee training.

Paycom's UI design and navigation feels outdated compared to similar software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a strategic reason and direction for updating or purchasing an HR information system. If you have existing process or people issues today, a new software solution won't solve it, it will simply exacerbate it. Additionally, having a roll out and support plan will increase employee use and adoption.

Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-wide

Chris S.

"The app experience is spectacular!"

What do you like best?

The ability to access all parts of my payroll and company hr needs in one app on my phone. If i need to make a quick change all I have to do is login to the app and make the changes. The Time Sheet makes my job super easy and my team keeps up with their time much better.

What do you dislike?

Very little as I am not generally at odds with technology and mobile applications. Of course it could be faster and more responsive but that could be said of all applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check other companies and demo the product. You will like this system the best.

On the go expense submissions and approvals. Cuts time in half for my team and I. If someone needs time off i can approve it from my phone while on the go.

Laurie B.

"Paycom - Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love that it takes a lot of the questions that I would be submitting to accounting or HR out of their hands and into mine. I can find all the information that I need in one place, quickly.

What do you dislike?

We do our reviews through a module on Paycom. It is not my favorite to do a conduct my review in an impersonal type of fashion but that is my companies decision, not a Paycom decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your employees to easily be able to access their payroll information , HR information, any company wide documents you want to be uploaded to this one site, performance/goal review, company directory, eligible benefits then Paycom is worth a try. From day one of our merger, Paycom was the one constant in our HR and accounting department.

For our business it allows less overhead people by allowing a lot of HR and accounting type information to be handled by Paycom. I can view my time off accruals, I can increase my 401K contribution, I can opt in or out for flexible benefits or HSA, etc.. We use Paycom as HR assist and definitely an assistant for accounting.

Christina Shuli A.

"User friendly and accessible for employees."

What do you like best?

Paycom's layout is easy on the eyes and non-distracting. Core items are listed clearly and concisely, clicking through them and accessing individual sections is easily managed. It is also simple to incorporate company documents for employees (including documents specific to an individual employee) in the program. Paycom also affords employees a way to manage their expenses and track refunds from the company.

What do you dislike?

In order for users to access the website, it is required to enter 3 items- username, password, and last four of your social security number. For ease of access, a username and password would suffice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We process bi-monthly pay periods. I've heard there may be difficulty in bi-weekly or more pay periods- make sure their program supports your desired payout periods for automatic generating of reports.

Employees are able to easily manage their W2s, expenses, documents and time off requests- all in one place.

Crystal O.

"Best experience EVER!!!"

What do you like best?

Customer Services is amazing!!! I have worked with quite a few payroll companies and Paycom is the best. If and that is a big IF I have any issues, i dont get transferred to a million different people in a call center. I get MY Payroll Specialist. Then I have regular meetings with my Client Relations manager to make sure I am using the system to my full capabilities. My sales person even checks up on me. :)

What do you dislike?

That some items are not as customizable like the expense dashboard but other then that...I LOVE IT ALL! In the almost 3 years we have been with Paycom, we only had one major issue and that turned out to a system issue that needed to be fixed. They were on top of it and made sure to communication with me at all steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Paycom to anyone rather you are looking to switch or you are happy with your current provider. Paycom is better and I promise.

I love how I can have everything through one system. I love Paycom! Before we had multple systems checking different things. This is by far the best system for my company!

Jasmin G.

"Paycom "

What do you like best?

Paycom is user friendly. It is easy for employees and HR professionals to navigate the system.

The reporting features are great. The benefits module is getting better every year. It allows our employees to have a seamless online enrollment. The employee self service is easy to use.

There is always a dedicated representative who I know can answer my tough questions. My favorite feature is that you can make development requests that Paycom may implement. Paycom is always improving and getting better.

What do you dislike?

We are a non-profit and it would be nice to have a separate category for unpaid volunteers so we can track their hours. I also dislike seeing all the cool modules and products that Paycom offers that I know my company will never be able to afford. I would like to able get rid of fields that we don't use in the employee record or at least gray them out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have evaluated multiple products and I still prefer Paycom over anything else on the market today.

With Paycom you do not have to re-enter data from the application to the background check to the employee records to the benefits system. It is so convenient to have all the data in one place.

Ashley T.

"Paycom is absolutely wonderful!"

What do you like best?

Paycom has put our minds at ease with payroll and our payroll taxes. I love being able to call our dedicated specialist and have my questions answered in a respectful and quick manner. They are always willing to help and are extremely knowledgeable. I don't have to worry about giving my employees paper checks or filing my withholding taxes, which allows me to complete other tasks at hand and not worry about payroll. I had an issue with the State of Oklahoma and our taxes previously and when I called Paycom they insured our taxes had been filed and followed up with the State and had everything figure out within minutes. They are extremely easy and give you peace of mind.!!

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to figure out the app, but I will learn this later. I can't seem to ever be able to log in for some reason. Other than that I have no complaints. This truly is a great company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend anyone to use Paycom. Their employees are pleasant and helpful! They truly are wonderful.

We are now going to add clocking in and out and have employees submit vacation which will help our small business out with payroll and back office management. We are greatly looking forward to this and not having to write out times when employees come and go! We are also looking into Expense Management and hoping we love this new tool!

Learn more about Paycom

Paycom Videos

Learning about Paycom?

Published:
* We monitor all Paycom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.