Trainual

4.7

Train employees, contractors, salespeople, interns, vendors, and customers with one simple system.

Work for Trainual?

Learning about Trainual?

Trainual Reviews

Ask Trainual a Question
Showing 33 Trainual reviews
Trainual review by Casey M.
Casey M.

"Onboarding Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Simple features make for ease of use - our employee manuals are much easier to follow in this format, and we can see how much of them employees have read. The search function is also extremely helpful, otherwise we would have to search each manual individually for the information we are looking for.

What do you dislike?

We still have to use Google Drive to host pictures and videos, so we are unable to keep all of our important documents within Trainual, but it is still a good central resource for most of our internal documents. I also do wish there was more room for customization (such as a Wiki is set up), as not all documents work within the format that Trainual provides, so most manuals had to be redone to work within the constraints of the platform.

We used to keep all of our internal documents on Google Drive, which in the past has accidentally gotten shared to the wrong people. Trainual allows us to keep an online filing cabinet of all of our resources, and we can easily control sharing permissions. When we onboard employees, we give them a Trainual account so they can access information as it applies to their role. This has made our onboarding process much easier and more secure.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Trainual
Trainual review by JaCoby M.
JaCoby M.

"Very Nice to be able have your training online!"

What do you like best?

Trainual is awesome because it allows you the ability to digitize your training for new employees. My company is a new company and we had no official trainings in place so you can expect that our on boarding process was rough for new employees. We came across Trainual and we are so glad that we did. We have been able to digitize our entire on boarding process which means that we are able to quickly and efficiency train our new employees. Trainual is a huge time saver. We are even able to create new trainings that can be used to train current existing employees.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not found anything that I do not like about Trainual. Everything is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Huge Time Saver for Digitizing your On Boarding Training Process for new hires.

Trainual is allowing us to have a much smoother on boarding process. We are able to assign the new employees exactly what trainings they need to complete which is awesome because you can assign specific trainings depending on the employee's position at the company. Also, as the employer you can monitor and see who has completed their trainings.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Trainual review by China P.
China P.

"Amazing Company!! "

What do you like best?

I love that everything can be kept so granular and still be searchable by just a single word. I love that we can have a subject for every part of our company and that the Trainual team is there to help every step of the way if needed too! You can have a subject for anything you can think of that you might need. I love that you can add videos to them as well because then you can do training videos with assessments for bringing on New Hires as well just showing someone what we do. There is a print feature that can be used to either print a paper copy or save a pdf that you can email as well. Overall I just really like this site!

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes as of right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Listen to what they have to say about using their system. They give you all of the information you could need to use Trainual and it's extremely easy to use. They also give you tips and tricks right on the website and in your subjects that will help you set it up. My favorite feature is being able to have a call with them to talk to them and get any questions/concerns you have taken care of quickly and efficiently!

We are able to map out everyone's roles in the company not only as an Internal process but also as an External process that we can then share to our Hosts, Guests, potential lenders, etc. It's awesome!

Trainual review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Trainual Rocks my Socks"

What do you like best?

The ever-growing expanse of features and integrations make life in onboarding folks to new jobs, projects, or processes makes life so much simpler.

I don't know what I would do without it.

Make sure you engage with the Staff at the company. They're friendly and amazing and want you to succeed. They've found a way to make onboarding and information sharing sexy. Use it to your advantage.

What do you dislike?

Whatever I find challenging, I share with the team and they'll clue me in to the tweaks they have or the product roadmap they're using to anticipate client needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboarding a variety of folks. As said before, we use it for new hires, policy and project plan updates, and warehousing evergreen processes.

We have a sustainable and virtually automated way to deploy news and policy and check in to ensure we know those who are completing the necessary Trainual courses.

Trainual review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

"The Missing Piece of the Process Puzzle"

What do you like best?

Trainual is both intuitive and fun to use (as fun as process-implementation can be). The quizzes were what sold us on the product, allowing us to test the retention of our staff.

What do you dislike?

Better support for rich media such as image galleries and more advanced video embeds would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good value for the dollar. All of the features we need, none we don't, but some products we compared it to do appear to be more feature rich.

Trainual was the missing piece in the puzzle for us as we attempt to implement processes in our small business. We've been documenting them for years, but it wasn't uncommon for employees to say they didn't know where to look or at times that the documentation even existed! Trainual helps us close the gap, by tracking individual completion rates as well as that of the team as a whole.

Trainual review by Christopher J. F.
Christopher J. F.

"DOCUMENT. REPLICATE."

What do you like best?

I'm in a startup, so documenting our processes is paramount. I love that I am able to document how I tackled certain tasks, train new employees on it and have access to the steps in the process so I can continuosly refine it.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had better ways to edit the content I am posting. Almost as if it was drag and drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. You will get your time back, you will be able to check the progress of the trainees by testing them in trainual, and you'll basically be able to streamline on-boarding of new hires or people you wish to train.

Training people. I am spending a lot less time doing that because I have created several trainings on trainual that get new employees caught up to speed.

Trainual review by Asia M.
Asia M.

"Best Product for Training"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Trainual. Literally makes employee training a piece of cake. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some kinks need to be worked out, for example, when adding a table, there always seems to be one un-usable cell in the middle of the table. I think it would also be helpful if you can add pictures as a part of the test questions.

I'm trying to make sure that any adjusters moving forward know the ins and out of their role and can answer questions effectively and efficiently with their clients. The biggest benefit is that anything that is not known on the spot can be referenced later through this module.

"Standardize your Business!"

What do you like best?

The ease of editing content, the ability to embed GIFS and videos. The option to create quizzes to increase accountability and ensure content is read and understood. We also love the ability to randomize the quiz questions for each user.

What do you dislike?

Would like a more mobile friendly platform. Some of the edit icons are not clear as to their function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start somewhere! Don't worry about getting your content perfect. Trainual allows easy editing and moving of content. The important thing is to get it in there. Also, delegate! Make each department head responsible for documenting processes in their department. Once person cannot do it all, nor should they.

We're finally able to document our processes in a place that is easily updated and retrieved. We're able to create dynamic how-to guides instead of keeping things in a binder that no one ever looks at. New hires all get the same information in the same format, keeping our training process consistent across different locations.

Trainual review by Ryker T.
Ryker T.

"Makes Training Simple"

What do you like best?

The user interface and ease of use. In between hires you can scale your account down since you're not using it. It enables you to keep all your data while paying a fraction of the cost.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the price for the base plan is a little steep. It would be nice to see a cheaper plan added that accommodates smaller teams. Right now the base plan is good for 25 users. A 10 user plan that costs $50/month would be perfect for a start-up like us.

We tested Trainual out because we needed a great way to train new people. The system is easy to use and has the features we were looking for. We are not currently hiring new team members so we're not using Trainual at the moment. When we start growing our team again, we'll be using this great tool often!

Trainual review by Fred W.
Fred W.

"Amazing Product at an Amazing Price!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to search for keywords and topics across all of our companies training. It makes it so much easier to go back and find material you need to refresh up on later.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. I think the assigning of courses to users could be improved but that's being pretty picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in and get started right away! Start documenting your team meeetings and uploading that content to Trainual.

We are able to train our company of 50+ people in a standardized, easy way. Our team members are more bought into the vision of our company due to the training.

Trainual review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Humble Beginnings"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to quickly add a step-by-step process that anyone can use. Trainual also easily allows you to embed videos so users can easily see examples of an action being performed.

What do you dislike?

Trainual is not a robust as it could be. There should be image integration within the testing (adding specific images for answers instead of text). It is a

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you simply need a image and video-based step my step instruction guide for any training aspect of your job or company, this is a good option.

Training is inconsistent between trainers. Trainual allows every process to be centralized and referenced in a consistent manner. Lastly it saves time that would be spent telling a teammate how to do a task, they can refer to trainual.

Trainual review by Aaron C.
Aaron C.

"The ultimate onboarding tool"

What do you like best?

Trainual allows me the flexibility of taking all of the content that I have as a founder and aggregating it for my current and future team.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this app. I want to have a mobile app and better options for changing my subscription on the fly but I know they are working on this.

Trainual fixes the issue with getting content out to a growing team as well as onboarding new members.

Trainual review by Administrator

"Trainual has been a real difference maker for us this year"

What do you like best?

Trainual allows us to assign separate training modules to either groups or individuals. However, if one of our team members sees a topic that would like to grant access to, the program sends us an email requesting that access and will open it up for them. Great to see who is proactive and what subjects are getting the most hits.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, was a bit different organizing the subjects from what we had been used to doing in our old program. But with a little time, it has become very easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer support. If you have doubts or questions, have that call as they are open to all feedback.

This year was a big training year for us as our team has grown immensely. We allocated a lot of resources and time to ensure our team was getting the training they needed to set them up for a long and successful career here with us. This training would encompass new team members and old. Trainual was an amazing platform for us to build this new endeavor and to organize in the way we wanted. The feedback has been amazing and we are more than happy to recommend Trainual to anyone that is seeking to develop a better training program as well. Ease of use, great customer service, and a growing platform is what sets Trainual apart.

Trainual review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Trainual a blessing for seasonal ramp up!"

What do you like best?

Our company relies heavily on Trainual for training new employees and has been a blessing!

What do you dislike?

The logic of naming (subjects, topics) is a bit confusing and not as streamlined at times as I would like and is not always intuitive.

Our main focus of Trainual is to help onboard and train our staff, especially our large seasonal influx of employees. Increased efficiency in training time and less nesting time prior to making agents go live!

Trainual review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"Great Tool But Needs Some Improvements!"

What do you like best?

it is very easy to use (especially compared to using a google web page)

What do you dislike?

As a company, we don't like that we can't have sub-subjects. We would want to breakdown subjects in a more organized way.

Overall we are documenting our process much better than we were before. Bringin on new talents is much easier as they can self-study even before the first official day in the office.

Trainual review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Trainual Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to make custom questions and quizzes, as I believe quizzes are the best way to learn information.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to navigate, adding a new subject was easy but finding it later was difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, take advantage of being able to make custom tests!

We are using it as a platform to learn how to teach others in our organization how to present our products to customers. It solves a lot of problems for us as many of us work remote and members need to be able to learn on their own time and in their own way.

Trainual review by Administrative A.
Administrative A.

"Trainual is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Organizing training has never been easier. We have been able to find a place for every training topic. The search feature is great. Our employees can search keywords and reference the training material quickly.

What do you dislike?

The ability to more easily format text could be implemented.

We are streamlining employee training.

Trainual review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Such an upgrade to our current training program"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the interface is to use. Its like building a word doc that can be live and tested.

What do you dislike?

There are some advanced features that are available on other platforms but they are 5x the monthly cost. For the money, I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best value for the money that we could find. No regrets to date.

We are digitalizing our training manual. This should ensure better training for our franchise owners and increase retention dramatically.

Trainual review by Sharon B.
Sharon B.

"Great training platform"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly and easy it is to access!

What do you dislike?

There is not much about the site I don't like!

Helping agents walk through setting up things that I may not have time to teach individually

Trainual review by Administrator

"Great way to centralize all of our training material"

What do you like best?

We now have all of our training materials in one place, tests on the material that employees study allows me to track their understanding.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like, it works pretty well for us

We have found it is much easier to introduce new employees first to the basics using trainual. When they get to the hands-on portion of the training they are more equipt than ever before.

Trainual review by Barbara B.
Barbara B.

"Great system for new and existing employees"

What do you like best?

I don't spend as much time with new employees as I used to.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more than 3 hierarchy levels.

It's nice that we are having employees do things the same way. A benefit for us is that when someone does something a bit different they will offer it up as a suggestion and may improve the way that all are doing it.

Trainual review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Easy to use and an excellent value"

What do you like best?

I am not the most tech savvy person but I found adding training content and users to be pretty intuitive on the platform and the value for the money is good. I also like the tutorials and tips that are given.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I am still determining if it will meet all of our needs going forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and take advantage of the tutorials.

We were using a higher cost LMS system and did not find it user friendly. We are hoping to get more people involved in using Trainual.

Trainual review by Administrator

"Trainual helps our company succeed"

What do you like best?

Trainual is intuitive and easy to use. The system makes it simple to drag and drop items.

What do you dislike?

Trainual isn't as pretty as some of the other sites, but it has the same functionality.

Training for all levels of our company. We are looking to pre-qualify people for moving up in our company.

"Grade A+ for Tranual"

What do you like best?

Easy to format each section and track who does the work.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find particular topics sometimes or jump between subjects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make easy to refer to items detailed in other topics

documenting processes for trainees. helps to make sure our floor team gets up on our sales flow

Trainual review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Trainual: Honest Review"

What do you like best?

-The ability to create a sort of online training class for my new employees, and new clients.

- The fact that this allows me as a business owner to over time only work on big-picture strategy while delegating the day-to-day tasks to my employees.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is somewhat difficult to use, it's a new software so that's expected.

A bit pricey for smaller businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

See how other companies use Trainual for their systems/processes.

Onboarding process for new clients and new employees.

"Easy to navigate "

What do you like best?

User friendly, organized and self explanatory. Even the descriptions of how to use section was straight forward and simple instructions

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I don't like

Being able to train new employees on a number of different platforms

"Such a Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign different pieces of training to numerous people at once.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I'm still learning the system.

It is allowing managers to create content to train different employees and positions at once without having to repeat themselves.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, user friendly and nice user interface

What do you dislike?

Not very many options to personalize fonts

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone looking to better organize their business and create easy to use SOPs

Everything

"Great training program"

What do you like best?

That you can upload training videos in sections

What do you dislike?

Still getting familiar with it, but am excited to see what else there is!

Consistency of our training and time

Trainual review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Exactly what we needed. "

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place! It is an easy interface!

What do you dislike?

I do not have enough time to get all of the information into it!

All of our information is in one place and is easy to navigate for all of our team members! We do not need to have a ton of google docs.

Trainual review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Great for any business"

What do you like best?

I like that it's really easy to use. Nice for training new people or refreshing veterans in the business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Trainual. It has helped in many ways.

It stops the constant retraining of people or questions that are asked often.

Trainual review by User

"Good Experience with Trainual"

What do you like best?

I found that it was very easy to use everything in the program

What do you dislike?

I did not find anything that a specifically disliked

Setting up training for online use within our company

Trainual review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

We really loved how easy to use it is!!!

What do you dislike?

We didn't like how expensive the subscriptions were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower sub fees

We have a place for all internal documents!

Learning about Trainual?

* We monitor all Trainual reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.