Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is cloud accounting and web-based financial management software designed to help companies improve performance and accelerate growth.

Work for Sage Intacct?

Learning about Sage Intacct?

Sage Intacct Reviews

Ask Sage Intacct a Question
Showing 808 Sage Intacct reviews
Shelton H.

"Sage Intacct Is A Great Product!"

What do you like best?

What I enjoyed best about Sage Intacct is how intuitive it is. I am able to get users fully trained and using the system quickly no matter how little experience they have with accounting software. I have used many accounting softwares and Sage Intacct is by far the easiest system to use and train on.

What do you dislike?

I can't find any one item that I dislike about the software. Sage Intacct continues to improve and add features, which allows us to continue to grow with the software as the company grows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sage Intacct has been a wonderful accounting tool for our company. From the ease of implementation and going live to the every day use and how intuitive the software is, you will not be disappointed in choosing it. We have also been freed up from requiring IT support on the software since Sage manages all updates and that has been a huge benefit to us to allow our company to focus our resources in other areas.

Sage Intaact allows us to be cloud based and work from anywhere we have internet access. It has streamlined our accounts receivables, account payables, and financial reporting at both a subsidiary level and a parent level.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sage Intacct
Marcio V.

"Sage Intacct helps you expand your vision and capture crucial business budget information"

What do you like best?

The reports that Sage intact provide are sensational, complete and rich in detail, with them we can identify where the problems are, where the damage is in some project and where the profit is, with this valuable information we can correct a problematic project and avoid damages to the company.

What do you dislike?

The bank reconciliation process is really very slow, I believe Sage's team is intact already aware of this because this really is a point that needs improvement, streamlining the procedure is necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company is small or medium-sized and you are looking for a good ERP solution, Sage is certainly a good choice, the reports and information it provides have helped your company to manage projects and budgets in the best way.

In our company we used to face some problems to identify financial deficits in certain projects, we also had difficulty in case of profit knowing the real size of this profit, this was one of the main reasons that led the company to impregnate an ERP program and after some research Sage Intacct was the one that came closest to what we were looking for at the moment. With sage Intacct we finally succeeded in improving our ability to capture detailed information about our projects and gain insight into the revenue and expenses involved in the respective project by helping so in all our planning.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Jesse A.

"Good if you are a small-to-medium business with only one base currency."

What do you like best?

The reporting and dimension groups are fantastic. The user interface is great. The new action interface is a little less intuitive, but it's still pretty good. Consolidations are easy. Custom reports take a day or two to learn, but after you learn how to create custom reports and custom fields, you can quickly export to Excel and perform lots of great analyses.

What do you dislike?

Prepaid, PP&E and contracts modules are lacking and lose some functionality if you have entities with different base currencies. Customer service is kind of poor - case resolution is slow and some seemingly simple functionality (like freezing the columns on HTML reports) is not available in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid Intacct if you have multiple entities with different base currencies and avoid the contracts module (for ASC606 reporting). Be aware the Prepaids module and fixed assets module are lacking - though they do a decent job, it was like they were created by someone who never had to account for either of these types of transactions.

Other than that, it's a fairly powerful software that can help automate consolidation and reporting and save quite a bit of time on the month-end close.

Easy consolidation and powerful reporting

Whitley L.

"Sage Intacct Rocks! "

What do you like best?

I love that it is user friendly and very easy to navigate. I love the help/support community. Whenever I have questions about something I can always go there to find the answers I'm looking for.

I love that everything we need is all in one place. We can pay vendors, input fix assets, record our journal entries and so much more!

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing I have to say is when I can't find the answers in the community and I have to submit a ticket through customer support, they are not so great. The communication is horrible and the turn around time is awful.

I also don't like that we aren't able to edit the payment notification email.

Intacct helps use to pay our vendors timely and smoothly. We also use Intacct for our deprecation and a ton of other things. It really helps to keep us afloat and going.

Walter L.

"Excellent system! Makes month end processing and daily general ledger reconciliation a snap!"

What do you like best?

The system is very well-designed. It is comprehensive. It is very visually appealing. It processes data quickly and accurately. I most enjoy using the personalized features, the intelligent reporting capabilities, and the excellent support community. Makes month end processing and general ledger reconciliation a snap.

What do you dislike?

I have problems utilizing the multi company features. It often makes our AP Ledger out of balance as well as puts balances into different clearing accounts which we have to clear out manually every month. You need to have more reference guides and support in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to utilize all the different personalization features. Spend time using the Support Community and taking courses on how to use the different features in Sage Intaact as well as utilizing the helpful reference sheets that are available.

We are solving how to make month end processing as streamlined as possible as well as completing daily general ledger reconciliation. We can upload journal entries quickly as well as see multiple reports and data in a variety of different formats. We have found a very intelligent accounting solution which meets our needs.

Janet S.

"Probably a good system if set up correctly with better training"

What do you like best?

Web based, good basic accounting tracking and reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly and regular updates and changes sometimes alter how the system and tracking was originally set to function. Reports are not easy to create and define as there are too many field options to choose from. Dimensions are a great idea, but again not user friendly and too difficult to use in many reports - there's always some box we didn't know about in another area that needed to be included. Reporting options seem like they should work great, but take way to long to have to create and figure out. Also, some options for tracking data would be great, but often require additional modules which then becomes too expensive for mid-sized businesses. Overall, it seems like Intaact would be better suited for larger companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get proper setup and training from the beginning for your company. And watch out for automatic updates which can sometimes throw off your workflow.

We haven't been able to solve many of the problems we have - either too expensive to add additional modules, or we don't have the time to spend trying to figure out how to create specialized reports (or, we do spend the time and find out the report won't work because we're missing a feature). Training is also difficult for new features that come out. I've tried the webinars before and found that my key questions are ignored. Also, I understand that there are weekly e-mail forums, but honestly no one has time to sit and read through everyone's comments and questions - most of which don't apply to our industry. This system works great as a basic accounting system, but we are not realizing some of the special benefits that it seems like we should be receiving.

Shawn D.

"Sage Intacct is easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the cloud-based software concept to be able to access Sage Intacct using any secure internet connection. The software is easy to use and for the most part intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cash application feature in Intacct. It is not easy to use and I end up doing over cash application that I can't finish. Said differently it would be beneficial for the cash application module to allow a user to open another window to make transactions in order to complete the cash application process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider exploring options to best utilize Sage Intacct instead of limiting use to the basic functions.

We are utilizing departments and subaccounts in order to better align our financial reporting to the structure of our business. Having detailed departmental financials to support the consolidated financials has given our business leaders additional insight to the business in order to make operational changes accordingly.

Jake W.

"Great accounting tool"

What do you like best?

I really like how easily accessible invoices are for every account. I also enjoy how easy it is to interpret all of the information on this site, both for me and for the version that the clients see. It was very easy to customize the invoices that we use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you have to enter the customer ID each time you need to switch from an office's invoices, to their account info, etc. I have to click out of the invoices tab and click on the accounts payable and reenter the company ID to see accounts payable and I have to do the same process for looking at account info.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intacct has its ups and downs but I have yet to find better software. This has helped me with functions all throughout the accounting department from accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer support, and even marketing. All around a great product, could use some updates but still performs wonderfully for our office. Only a few minor discrepancies but nothing too major. Definitely worth investing in.

We are able to easily keep open books with our customers and provide them with all the billing information they need. It was very easy to set up the general format for our invoices, it looks clean and was easy to build. It gives our company a very professional look, as this is the main source of information that they have from us directly.

Tyler S.

"Worth the Investment"

What do you like best?

This product has changed the way we do business. The report wizard tool is simply unmatched. We can create a report to reveal the information we want to see, when we want to see it. We don't feel constrained or limited especially with the dimensional flexibility. We appreciate the quarterly updates and the investment that Intacct continues to make in making a better product!

What do you dislike?

There aren't many negatives I have found with Intacct. The only one that really comes to mind is with the user set up. In order to do anything other than view information we would have to pay for additional business users. Not super expensive but wished we'd known that before hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the size of your business and your reporting needs. Our company is only mid-size and our needs are smaller compared to some mroe complex entities.

We are streamlining almost every process. From our front end AR system to our AP process, we've reduced our time frames from days to a matter hours. We've also cut out much of our paper usage. One of the most streamlined processes has been our AP invoice entry process. With the ability to duplicate invoices from older ones we don't need to re-enter information over and over.

Chantell H.

"Sage intacct is the perfect next step after Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile the software is. You can have less features for a more basic platform, but you can also add so many feature to make the accounting software specific to you specific company needs. The reporting options are great and the learning platform is truly helpful in knowing how best to use the software.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the customer services in lacking. I have an account manager and I don't really know what his/her purpose is. I'm never sure who to contact in an emergency. I do use the submit a claim feature but sometimes it is nice to have . Specific person to contact regarding the account that can help with random questions.

We have been able to have so much more control over our budgeting and forecasting. Being able to upoad our forecast the the software and then generate a report that compares actual to forecast has immensely helped with our planning.

Chad S.

"Intacct is a well-designed Financial system with a lot of flexibility for any company"

What do you like best?

It is highly customizable, fairly easy to navigate around and use. It supports multiple tenants and can easily (usually) be tweaked to fit the company's business requirements in most situations. Screens can be customized and you can even create your own reports (although not a simple process). It also supports a fairly mature API to assist in automating or updating information into a local database if needed, although it's a bit dated.

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple of places where Intacct could be improved. First, the API is XML based instead of the highly-favored and much more compact JSON format. Not all tables in the system support web hooks (but probably 99% do). There is not a provided driver to pull information from Intacct to generate cross database reporting. It can be a headache to do reporting from Intacct when you need to pull in information that is not already in Intacct or to pull information from another system and Intacct.

When needed a financial software that would handle our day-to-day business needs since our existing software had been deprecated and was unsupported.

Eric G.

"Flexible dimensions and excellent custom reporting make Intacct a fantastic accounting suite"

What do you like best?

I implemented Intacct for my organization after doing a lot of research and demos for 3 main reasons:

1. Custom reporting doesn't require a degree in Crystal Report writing and database setup

2. Being able to set up and work with multiple dimensions, like departments, programs, funding sources

3. Greatly increased visibility to managers and decision makers via dashboards

Other accounting software can do some of these things, but I haven't found a system that does them as easily or as well.

What do you dislike?

Like many accounting systems with lots of features and flexibility, Intacct is built to work with large manufacturing and distribution companies as well as small nonprofits like my group. The pricing structure may make it difficult to afford for small nonprofit companies, regardless of how well some of the features work for nonprofits. Our organization can only afford the core module, and adding just one module which includes some of the features we need would more than double the annual cost. So we've had to look for less expensive solutions outside the Intacct ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone considering changing accounting systems will have to weigh the cost against the benefits. Can you afford those slick features? Sometimes settling for less automation and efficiency may be necessary to keep from blowing your budget. Just make sure you have a good way to measure the value in time savings and efficiency, and being able to more clearly see where you're headed financially by gaining features your current system doesn't have.

Things like budgeting/forcasting, analysis of historical data, quick answers for leadership or auditors, are all made easier and quicker with the extremely flexible AND user friendly custom reporting features.

In our small group, I'm the only accountant, so "separation of duties" is difficult to say the least. But we are able to use electronic approvals and signatures, and the Purchasing menu, so that non-accounting staff can help us stay in compliance.

Intacct allows us to make adjustments and reclass transactions easier while still maintaining an appropriate audit trail.

Managers and decision makers now have a much higher visibility in real time of how their programs are doing financially. We used to have to export data to Excel, fill out template reports, to print and give managers on paper.

Jeffrey W.

"First Class Product "

What do you like best?

Easy software, robust system that can be customized to our specific needs. Once you set key metrics you'd like to keep track of, it's easy to find those metrics and have managers see them as well. Integrated with our other software that makes our invoicing process seamless and reduced the dual entry tasks that we had to do before.

What do you dislike?

The price for someone to be able to do basic data inputting is a little steep. Especially when we really only need them to be in a small portion of the system but have to pay the full price as all other users. It is something we have come to terms with but it would be nice to have a better hierarchy of pricing based on the amount of work someone is actually doing in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it checks all of your boxes but if it does check all of your boxes, it will do a great job for you. The system is super easy to learn and can give you a lot of insight into your business.

Better visibility into all aspects of our accounting and finances. The benefits of being able to access my key financial numbers from anywhere in the world as long as I have wifi has been a major benefit.

Glynis B.

"Always excited to see what else we can do with the system and any new features"

What do you like best?

I would say what I enjoy most about Intacct is that you are able to create anything you can imagine and pretty much put into play. It is easy to manage and always changing. There are great releases that happen and allow you to continue to grow and evolve with the times.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to send customer statements from the system with custom messaging, which is not available currently. Also would be great if you could see a transactions GL affect from the transactions itself without having to memorize each transaction setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want something that you can customize and not have to work around a system to get it to function for you then this is your product!

Efficiency in time from invoicing customers to paying vendors. Close has significantly been reduced in time. Better reporting capabilities.

Jeff B.

"Tremendous value and unlimited potential"

What do you like best?

Our company has seen some amazing efficiency improvements with Sage Intacct - everything from cash postings, reconciliations, to using the purchasing module to approve and process invoices. We compared Sage Intacct to all the peer competitors and it is by far the best value, especially using the very inexpensive Employee licenses for items such as Dashboards. Another thing we like best is that we can make any needed changes ourselves - no need for outside consultants or programmers.

What do you dislike?

With Sage Intacct, if you can think of it, the application can make it happen - so our only limitations is our own time to implement new ideas and efficiencies. Another plus is that this application will continue to evolve in the future and it will be exciting to see what is in store.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is important to understand if you can adapt and update your accounting application yourself, without using an outside programmer. With Sage Intacct, once you are set up, you can handle virtually all changes or improvements yourself.

We use Sage Intacct Dashboards to communicate financial results to our many locations in different states. Our internal communication has been greatly improved due to these Dashboards. We were also able to drop an outside Accounts Payable program and use the in-application purchasing module to process virtually thousands of invoices each month.

Jennifer T.

"Overall great accounting software for any size company"

What do you like best?

This accounting software can be highly customized to your companies needs. From custom reporting to special email templates to custom invoice/statements. I like the automation of my monthly invoices and the batch process to send them all out at once. Our company requires very detailed reports for different departments and technologies and we were able to get all the information we needed. I really like that we can upload our Amex entry to AP right from Excel.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to have a customer/vendor dashboard where I can see all the activity in one screen. I like to be able to see when exactly a payment was made or invoice/credit generated. I would also like to make simple adjustments right on the screen when a customer makes a payment instead of going to another window, not very efficient. Some of the reporting doesn't let you drill down to find the exact source of the entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Users have to be prepared to spend more money, be ready for change and to be able to train and use the software to their advantage

With the detailed reporting we are now able to provide reports to each of the department manager so they can see how they are performing and provide feedback. We are saving a lot of time because of some of the automation this software provides which is a huge bonus for us.

Joshua S.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Sage Intacct provides a complete way of managing both the accounts of the customers and the accounts of the company.

What do you dislike?

Intacct provides and easy way to access all the payment information needed, nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intacct condenses all of the information needed to find the current bills, refunds, and balances of customers in a simply and easy format. It saves times as you can even bookmark exactly where you need to go within the system itself. It is very easy to use and does not take long to learn the software, how it works, and where to quickly find the information you and your customers need.

Accounts Payable, Bills, and Receivables are all managed and kept in a safe and easy to use environment. This has helped ease the conversations of money with customers. Quick and Easy access.

David H.

"Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software"

What do you like best?

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

Transitioned difficult reporting into real time dashboards.

Also allowed us to report at a much deeper level which made it easier for us to review on the accounting side as well as to provide the detailed data necessary to help grow our company.

Jennifer Z.

"Great company, even better software!"

What do you like best?

The implementation process was smooth sailing. Everything that we expected the software to do, it does! Great reporting capability!! It's very user friendly, training and implementation was faster than expected. Tags= life changer!

What do you dislike?

My one and only complain is that there isn't a "Back" or "Next" button within a module for entries. In the AP module- when auto populating from previous invoices ALL the data repopulates when I only would like the line items (entries) to repopulate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to remember that when you are switching software, some (or most) of your company's internal processes will have to change in order for the system to work for you. You can't but the old into the new, you must upgrade and adapt. I would also recommend implementing internally versus seeking outside an implementation company. 1) MONEY SAVER 2) only you know exactly how your company works, its needs, and what you want in the system.

We're spending less time on day-to-day tasks and more time analyzing and reporting on real time data! Tracking receivables has become easier and journal entries are a thing of the past!

Michael P.

"It works well for the most part."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to log in via the internet and the ease of navigation within the software. The layout and display is easy to read and move around in especially when entering invoices in the accounts payable section and when running the G.L.

What do you dislike?

The modules that were added on aren't the best. We can tell they weren't part of intacct originally and seem to be added on after the fact. The prepaids, fixed asset and purchasing modules will work most of the time, but sometimes there is a glitch and it doesn't work at all which create a headache that I don't need, and takes me extra time trying to communicate with support what is wrong. The multiple currencies was not up to par as well. We use 4 different currencies besides USD and it seems to us that this software was not developed with multiple currencies in mind as some areas and modules show up in USD instead of the originating currency.

I like the ease of use in running the G.L for specific queries. I find it easy to search for what I am looking for and nail down to the specific entry or invoice etc that I am looking for. This has led to more analysis and understanding of our numbers and has helped tremendously in investigating anomalies.

Tammy K.

"Takes some getting used to, Could use a few adjustments"

What do you like best?

The nulti-entity environment. WE used to use Quickbooks Enterprise, and over time it slowly degraded, so we decided it was time for a more robust software. With Intacct, we are able to perform tasks for all entities without logging out/logging in all the time. The rollup of all the entity financials is very helpful, vs exporting several reports and combining them manually.

What do you dislike?

Some abilties seem very random; you can enter bank accounts at the top level and select them from each entity, but a charge card needs to be assigned to a specific entity and you can only see it at the top level or the entity it was assigned to. You can import credit card charges, but not checks. You can see and create invoices for all entities at the top level, but you cannot create a deposit at the top level (combining payments from a customer for clients/invoices in two entities). Definitely rooom for feature improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and definitely do a trial environment first to see if it works for you. Also we specifically asked if Intacct connected with Connectwise, as we would not purchase a system that didn't sync with Connectwise. We were assured that it would, and DataBlend could make it work; sure, but it took several months and it appears they want about $30,000 to design something we were assured would work and that they can now use for other clients. Be very careful of promises.

Seeing all our entities combine; not having to log in to multiple Quickbooks files to view items, better dimensions for reporting purposes.

"Intacct works very well"

What do you like best?

System is user friendly, dashboard capabilities are excellent, help feature in the system is excellent and makes it easy to troubleshoot and fix errors without having to reach out to a 3rd party.

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting is not intuitive and time consuming. Customer support directly from the vendor could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand that there are not many sources for help outside of the Intacct Community. I recommend hiring a consultant to bring you up to speed on the software so that you do not make irreversible mistakes.

My organization switched from a legacy accounting system to Intacct. I have to say that the migration was more than painful- but all that pain was worth it! The system is awesome! The help feature alone in the system was worth the migration- it was impossible to figure things out on your own in our legacy system- required us to go to consultants when we had issues in processing. Intacct makes it very easy to troubleshoot and figure a lot of your processing issues out on your own. The Dashboards in the system are awesome as well! I am certain that there are more great things to come with this system given we have only been using it 6 months and have not fully explored the potential of the system.

Juliano N.

"Sage Intacct is the best friend of his finance and accounting"

What do you like best?

Financial dashboards and reports are two of Sage Intacct's strong points, in addition to completeness and rich in information they are highly customizable allowing our leaders in the sectors that use it to manage budgets in a complete way, detailing everything including the documentation that supports the transactions and also possible adjustments.

What do you dislike?

I really have a hard time finding weaknesses in sage intact, so I'll cite something that might look even better, the Fixed Assets feature is great and helps a lot, but it's actually a bit tricky to use, unlike other Intacct features that are very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sage is a worthwhile tool, it adds a lot to the financial sector, it will give your financial sector a broader view to making decisions that positively impact your bottom line.

In an effort to improve the company's financial and accounting decision-making, Sage Intacct was chosen for this mission and fulfilled it truly well. This helps us to maintain certain accounting standards that are essential to the good financial health of the company. wealth of data and information provided by Sage intact our accounting industry can increase your perception, thus helping to make the decisions that are more profitable for the whole company.

"Intacct is Intact"

What do you like best?

I love the tabs. Its has my timesheets separate from company details and projects. The timesheets are easy for me to enter and submit. The login is straight forward, although I am just a timesheet user and not from the accounts payable team from my company.

I like that it has features where you can edit an added timesheet and re-submit, before the approval.

Intacct also stores my previous timesheets right from the very beginning, from my date of joining until present.

I also like that we can customize the search options to get the results we want.

The help menu on the right hand side corner is also helpful, and I admit I did not need any assistance as it was simple.

What do you dislike?

I wish it also showed my information on how much PTO balance I have remaining on my account. I have to get into ADP for this information.

I have never tried the duplicate button to see what that means, I just need to explore what that tab actually does.

The hours in a day balance although shows 8 which is right, but since I am salaried, it would be useful if it showed me as salaried than saying hourly under the calculation method tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely tell my friends at MSFT and Amazon, am not sure what they use, but this could give in a better user experience.

My focus is limited on Intacct. I only use to log my worked hours, although its a very user-friendly website. Much better from the other systems out there.

C

"Sage Inttact insures GAAP compliance"

What do you like best?

Where do you start? The Consolidation is extremely useful and efficient. The level and depth of reporting and the dashboards provide quantifiable data to facilitate decision making and accelerate growth. Multi entity and multi currency is easy to manage and report. Intacct makes revenue recognition compliance significantly easier.

What do you dislike?

Like any of the larger accounting systems, Intacct can be a bit clunky with a steeper learning curve than the lower tier systems (Quickbooks / Xero ) but then the benefits are far greater. Intacct can be difficult once you get off the rails - it can take multiple clicks to remove warning for simple typo's

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a CFO it Intacct will certainly allow you to sleep at night knowing your accounting is GAAP compliant and significant controls are in place......

We have used Intacct for multiple companies - automated consolidations - bringing data into Intacct efficiently and quickly - revenue recognition compliance - integration with bill.com - automation of the accounting process.

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct Videos

Learning about Sage Intacct?

* We monitor all Sage Intacct reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.