Sage Intacct Reviews & Product Details

Sage Intacct Overview

What is Sage Intacct?

Gain real-time financial and operational visibility throughout your business. Leverage comprehensive financial controls to ensure security and compliance. Streamline your business processes using extensive automation to reduces labor, and save costs. The Sage Intacct system includes accounting, cash management, purchasing, vendor management, financial consolidation, revenue recognition, subscription billing, contract management, project accounting, fund accounting, inventory management, and financial reporting applications, all delivered through the cloud.

Sage Intacct Details

Sage Intacct is cloud accounting and web-based financial management software designed to help companies improve performance and accelerate growth.

As the only AICPA-preferred financial management solution, Sage Intacct financial management software delivers the automation and controls around billing, accounting and reporting that finance needs to reduce errors, stay audit-ready and scale the business. Sage Intacct helps CFOs access integrated management and financial reports across their business entities – in minutes not days – to grow and drive their businesses.

Sage Software
$1,936
@sageuk
15,062 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Sage provides software in accounting, ERP, CRM, and more across industries and available for entrepreneur, small, midsized, and larger businesses.

Sage Intacct Videos

Sage Intacct Screenshots

Sage Intacct Reviews

Showing 1,170 Sage Intacct reviews
Showing 1,170 reviews
Already have Sage Intacct?
Software Engineer
Open Discussions in Sage Intacct
What do you like best?

Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable and GL accounts are very well explanatory made them easy to use. Intacct has a great web interface, is much more cost-effective, and allows for the importing of data. It's very easy to create reports. We use Intacct for accounting and reporting. It's very easy to create reports. It has streamlined our accounts receivables, account payables, and financial reporting. The audit trail becomes much clearer and easier. Overall is very easy to use. I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed with Sage Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only one dislikes AP and AR adjustments you have to do manually. Sometimes very hard to do the manual bank reconcile. Sage Intacct continues to improve and add features, which allows us to continue to grow with the software as the company grows. Overall is very easy to use. We are very happy with the integration but wish that we're able to do more with the core product in Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very User Friendly. Sage Intacct has been a wonderful accounting tool. From the ease of application and going live to everyday use, you will not be disappointed in choosing it. We have also been freed up from requiring IT support on the software since Sage manages all updates and that has been a huge benefit to us to allow our company to focus our resources in other areas. It's very easy to create financial reports and bank reconciliation. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Day to Day Accounts payable and receivable, Multiple Bank reconciliations, General entries. AP and AR adjustments. Very Simple to use and User friendly. It has streamlined our accounts receivables, account payables, and financial reporting. Highly recommended! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a fairly user friendly accounting software to use and easy to learn. There are lots of trainings available to learn the system better. Sage Intacct also allows you to report on many different dimensions, which is particularly helpful for non-profit entities with restrictions, programs, grants, etc. Sage Intacct syncs well with various other automated systems we use like Bill.com for accounts payable and Expensify for credit card charges. We are also able to have payroll entries post directly to Intacct from our payroll service provider (Proliant). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once credit card charges are reconciled, they cannot be edited resulting in having to post a journal entry for corrections instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Request a demo of Sage Intacct. Talk to others who use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sage Intacct allows our clients online, real-time access to accounting and financial reporting information through dashboards. It also allows for financial reporting and analysis on many different levels. I work with many non-profit organizations, and it allows us to track revenues and expenses by grant, by program, by restriction, etc. We can have a smaller chart of accounts as a result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Reports can be run with about 10 different dimensions. This allows users to slice and dice data to create reports that users need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A very specific issue. When posting credit card charge payoffs, the system would not allow me to select the location dimension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sage Intacct is massive and has a lot of features. Because of that, we hired some consultants to help us with the implementation. It took about six months from start to finish. And this included the COVID-19 pandemic during the last month or two of the implementation. Sage Intacct can be customized to your specific needs. Make sure that the consultants and you go over EXACTLY what your specific needs are. And it would be great if the consultants can anticipate what your specific needs are based on the back-and-forth questioning. You may find it difficult to articulate the exact thing that you want from a new accounting software. Another useful thing is to watch the training session videos and take a test drive in the sandbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reports can be run with about 10 different dimensions. This allows users to slice and dice data to create reports that users need. I can run reports by account, class, area, restriction, source, project, vendor, type, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really liked how it was able to do accounting for us on the internet, we didnt even need to use ledger books with pencils anymore. We used Intacct to enhance our accounting for foreign exchange, where the Group had a statutory obligation to report in AUD, but was operating subsidiaries in the United States, United Kingdom as well as Australia. The application that was able to enable the group to create a whole suite of reports for Group reporting for a global business was also easily achieved. Purchasing approvals are also a great function for organisations. We found revenue recognition was very helpful for long-dated sales contracts, as revenues would be automatically recorded each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me what I disliked was the cost of the product, its lack of GST support and how difficult it was to get anyone on the phone to help when something broke. In addition to that I'd like to add that the lack of native VAT/GST reporting really let this product down. Avalara is the preferred 3rd party application to handle this, but adds additional expense. Lack of general ledger detail when drilling down into consolidated reports while only a minor problem, was very annoying. Bank feeds for many banks outside of the United States also lack support. Normally this is not a problem if you can simply import the transactions using a CSV template, but the templates provided by Intacct are hard to use and are difficult to trouble-shoot when there are errors after being uploaded. The base licence cost may prove to be prohibitive for most small to medium sized organizations, as this was ultimately the reason why we decided to change accounting systems. Account management was very light-touch, with Intacct representatives preferring to refer you to their online community rather than engaging on a call, unless subscription renewal was approaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intacct would be high on my list of enterprise grade accounting software packages. It is particularly great if your business only operates within the United States. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to solve so many problems, its really great. Intacct helped our organisation move away from manually consolidated the Group's financials each month. Removing many headaches in the process. The way foreign currency is handled is also very useful. The report writer functionality is also excellent, we were able to write customer reports which were subsequently integrated into our reporting dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sage Intaact is great at producing and reporting accurate numbers on time and saves time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I work for a dental company and sometimes the guidelines of the software are not as customizable to our needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a streamlined software that will save you time you should use this software. It has helped our company reduce close time and increase productivity. Intaact also is great to integrate with other software tools. This allows us to save time. Everyone at the office raves about Intaact because of it's reliability(system is never down) and individual interface customizability. Each person has the ability to design there user interface how they would like. Also the controls from Intaact have saved time because it allows admin's to set restrictions on what can and can't be entered. If these entries would have gone through it would have cost our department many hours. It is also used for AR and AP. We use many softwares to track these but aggregate all info in intaact. Seeing all numbers aggregated on what site is great for reports. The reporting on Intaact is dream. It allows you to easily download reports and financial statements. Thid id great for setting up a companies internal close reports and Table of contents recon. I love the feature where you can import journal entries and Accounts Payable through excel. This saves a ton of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits: saves time

Problems: Minor issues such as not being able to edit check numbers after being printed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I like that the software increases my efficiency, solves business problems, and is very functional and adaptable to my business. There are quarterly updates that also help with new features. I have enjoyed the conferences too which allow learning about how to use the system better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. I am enjoying using the product and learning new things. Sometimes the quarterly updates cause unintended problems, but Intacct has been quick to resolve any problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you choose a good implementation company to configure your installation. Also, Intacct has a great community that allows you to interact with other customers along with asking questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was having problems with using excel spreadsheets a lot. I was able to replace many of my spreadsheets in Intacct. I also have other systems that were not integrated and Intacct has allowed me to combine many systems together (i.e. credit card processing, budgeting, etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform continues to become easier to use with each and every update. Key features I've enjoyed and appreciated are the following: sorting through pending tasks, establishing workflows with various stakeholders, and a very robust audit trail. Varying user access and permissions via groups is great. While I'm not responsible for creating custom variables and workflows, they appear to be flexible and have the ability to really save our staff time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to automate certain things without some external tools, plugins, or developing web-hook tools, namely disabling a user's account when they are offboarding automatically on their last day of employment. Being unable to update a username to respect a preferred name or surname is a bit archaic and disrespectful. Establishing templates for user accounts would save a lot of time to get new users the permissions they need immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The learning curve to getting familiar can be steep, as it's functions and use case are very much determined by a user's role and department. Once you understand the Sage Intacct environment, it's pretty easy to complete your specific tasks quickly, however navigating to new or unfamiliar functions of Intacct often requires additional training or time.

Take your time to understand how to navigate between the different menus and be sure to "star" your most heavily used items so you can quickly get to what you need.

I'd also like to point out that our instance of Intacct, and I'm sure most, require you to fill in three different fields to sign in, all of which are case sensitive. Due to the sign in being three different fields, saving your password may not always work, or may experience issues whenever you opt to update your password. If your organization utilizes Single Sign On (SSO) you won't experience this issue as often.

Get your Intacct Admins to make custom workflows. Test them heavily, and update them regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My use case in Sage Intacct does not really address or solve any problems. In my role I primarily utilize the platform for understanding how much time off is available to me, my timesheets, however the organization relies on the systems within Intacct to handle invoicing, payments, and all accounting needs. As an IT admin, I simply create new user accounts and disabled outgoing staff accounts within the platform, not any actual accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform really helps me perform all essential parts of my job, I am able to create accounts, reset passwords, configure roles, customize access, and even complete Personnel notification tasks. I love how simple it seems to be able to create new modules, and permissions for users. It's used by the majority of my organization, and most of which are incredibly happy about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically not the most pleasing, could use a more modern design. Rounded buttons would make it more appealing, along with other User Interface customization. The site sometimes loads slower than I'd like; but uptime has been very reliable as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely check this product out and give it a fair chance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit I've realized the most is the powerful functions already baked in, with lots of customization possible. Personnel notifications, password resets, and purchasing are problems that Sage Intacct has helped us solve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller and Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

One of the best features of Sage Intacct is the user friendliness of the software. It is very easy to navigate. The help feature is also a great resource and easy to understand. When we migrated over from our legacy software, there was very little down time in learning Sage Intacct. I also like the fact that we are always on the most up to date version. I like that Sage Intacct has taken the time to look at leading vendors in other areas that integrate seamlessly with the software. Sage Intacct is always asking the end user how they can make the system better. The user community is a great resource for current system users. The scheduled reports feature is a great. We love the inter-company transaction set- up within Sage Intacct. It has made the balancing of our inter-company transactions very seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not believe there are any downsides to using sage Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend anyone looking at transitioning to a new accounting software to have a full understanding of the future of their company. Understand where the company is headed not only in the short term but in the long term as well. Sage Intacct can expand as your company expands with very little effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have not experienced any problems with using Sage Intacct. Some of the benefits we have experienced using Sage Intacct include more timely month end closes. More accurate data with the import feature, and the ability for integration with other software. We have set up multiple integrations including payroll, A/P automation, Expense management, and Budget and Planning without needing to get our IT department involved in developing the API connection. As we have continued to add restaurants and even started a new concept, Sage Intacct has been able to grow with us without the need to add any additional employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use! Within a month of using Sage Intacct I was able to learn the system without any external trainings. The reporting functionality is also very robust and simple to create custom reports without having to spend much time learning how to do so. I also like that the software is cloud based and I do not have to wait for a desktop program to start up. The software also has many partners such as FloQast, Expensify and Blissfully that allow for an easy API integration. Intacct also connects to our bank account for simplistic cash management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Consolidations is quite confusing! I would not recommend Intacct for a multi-entity company. It is very tough to follow a transaction through the consolidation process. Especially when dealing with international entities it can be quite difficult to follow a transaction from initial entry through intercompany through foreign exchange rate all the way to the consolidated financial statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a single entity company I highly recommend Sage Intacct. However, if you are a multi-entity company, especially one that is international, I would check out other options. The global consolidations module is hard to understand and difficult to trace a transaction through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Sage Intacct to drive very big business decisions. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company and have used Intacct to scale with our tremendous growth and the system has been able to adapt to our business quite effortlessly. We have built over 1,000 customized reports so we can slice and dice any dimension whether it be by department, vendor, employee or project spend. Our finance team loves analyzing financial metrics that are non-GAAP and intacct provides the bandwidth to support both financial and non-financial reporting as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
What do you like best?

I like that it's cloud based, that multiple systems integrate, and that the use is intuitive. The dashboards and employee users allow business owners to view and use their data for decision making at any point in the month. Integration with multiple vendors in the marketplace allow us to plug and play with systems that work for our organization and use the best in class products available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The report writer is cumbersome to update. The new custom report writer sounds great once budget is available in the module. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the entire marketplace of vendors and products that work with Intacct. We use quite a few systems that integrate seemlessly with Intacct. This gives our finance department the ability to plug and play different systems that meet our specific needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth and scalability, benefits are access anywhere, integrations with other systems and hours saved. We use Intacct for 3 different entities and they are are able to scale for growth well with the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the things I like best about Sage Intacct is the robust reporting capabilities and the ability to "slice and dice" data. The look and feel of Sage is generally easy to follow. Sage allows users to integrate the best in class products along with their product. Some of the products we have integrated with Sage are Expensify and Bill.com. My experience with Sage Intacct has been a positive one and I am very pleased that we have implemented their product at our business. They are truly one of the best in class accounting products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the Sage Intacct bank reconciliation and fixed asset modules could be easier to use. It would be great if the bank reconciliation served a dual purpose-bank reconciliation and general ledger entry as some other accounting software. It's a bit time consuming to enter the same banking data multiple times. The fixed asset module seems a bit clunky. It can sometimes be difficult to make updates to data (in an open period). This requires additional journal entry preparation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problems that Sage has helped us to solve are related to our accounting functionality as well as reporting and budgeting. We have enjoyed the ability to customize our Chart of Accounts. We have also enjoyed the benefit of customizing our reporting. With customized reporting we can provide data that meets the requestor's needs easily. This has provided us with some time savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sage Intaact is the duplicate feature for invoices. It makes things a lot easier when you're putting in an invoice that is similar. Instead of digging around and looking for the right account to journal it to, you can pull up the previous entry and update the numbers. I also like the easy excel export. It comes in handy a lot. We use excel a lot for things such as month end reconciliation and checking different invoices when they're needed to be paid. Being able to just export it right from Sage Intaact is helpful in making that process easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Sage is when you're searching for a vendor you have, it has to be identical to the vendor name or you won't find it. Often times I've found myself struggling to find a vendor because maybe it requires a space between two words or it uses "&" instead of "and". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implement it with other systems that you use. It helps to make the process seamless and easier. Less reliance on humans and more reliance on technology to help you check for any potential imbalances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wouldn't say there are problems that are being solved by using Sage. What I will say is that Sage makes it easier to invoice payables, record receivables and pay expenses all in one place. Connecting it to your bank and having controls in place to help combat any fraud is really good. It helps make audits a little bit easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business System Analyst
What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly the whole system is. Everything is right where you would want or need it to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I don't like is regarding the hierarchy of the parent / job relationship. When you load the Jobs screen, it automatically sets up in the hierarchy. If you want to turn off the hierarchy, you have to go to the All menu, uncheck the box, then go back to the view you want. Each click, it takes a little while to reload. So with all the clicks, it takes a significant amount of time to turn off the hierarchy view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very user-friendly. The reporting tools are phenomenal. It's by far one of the best accounting systems I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've tried several different softwares for Accounting, and none would do what we needed it to do. Sage Intacct seems to cover everything we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the customizability of the system and how you can mold it to fit your organization. I also love how intuitive and clean it is; I don't mind working in it every day. The contracts module is super robust and meets all of our ASC606 needs. The financial reporting module is great. We are able to tag and track details at the transactional level, and all of that can be brought into financial reports, sliced and diced in different ways to better display the data, and really helps us provide useful and meaningful information to our business leaders. Another great thing about Intacct is it seamlessly integrates with so many other platforms. This also helps with automation and we can spend our time as accountants on more meaningful tasks than things that are mundane Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is limited training, so a lot of it is just learning on the fly. The help center is great and I enjoy researching and learning that way, but there have been a few times I wish I had known of more efficient ways of doing something before heading down the less efficient path. Other than that I don't have any other complaints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Armanino for implementation and they were a great help to us. Also be sure to check out the marketplace and see all the other vendors that have partnered with Intacct. You might already be using a product that integrates with Intacct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ASC606, automation of manual tasks, the ability to tag and track at the transaction level allows us the ability to build reports and provide meaningful information to business leaders. We have realized so much benefit from all of these factors and it really has allowed us to scale Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The menus are user friendly and not complicated. Even without any training, you can figure out on your own where to go to prepare a journal entry or to view an AP bill. Also, the ability for Intacct to connect to our bank really helps to speed up the bank reconciliations. We have already connected our AP service provider Concur to Intacct, and we plan on connecting with our payroll system to bring in payroll journals to Intacct to increase efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that I wish Intacct could improve on. My list is really long! I wish I could share the list with the Intacct Engineers. One thing that I miss a lot from my legacy system (MIP) is the ability to run GL detail reports with UNPOSTED entries, so you can first check if you got the entries right, so we don't have to post first and run reports to check it. Also, there is currently no ability to substitute someone on vacation. This is really painful since I feel like I cannot go on a 2-week vacation. Another thing that I don't yet love is the reporting ability. There are some limitations to customize reports. Intacct should allow trial balance to be run for a specific entity and accounts. Right now you cannot do this. I was able to do it with MIP. Also, AP and GL modules are not talking to each other well. The line memos are not brought in to the GL report, so the report shows blank description. One other thing I think Intacct should improve on is support. Support really plays a critical role in user's experience. Right now, I have to go through the company that implements the system for us to get support. It would be better if we can reach out to Intacct support directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do recommend Intacct to others especially if you are non-profit or charter schools. Our implementer really understands the needs for charter schools, and I think it helps make the implementation much easier. We were able to complete our implementation in just 4 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reason we wanted to switch to Intacct was the fact that our legacy system could not do API interfaces, and we definitely resolved this issue with Intacct. We are working more efficiently now by connecting with other systems we use without having to prepare manual JEs and upload them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.