Google Classroom Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Classroom?

Classroom is a tool in Google Apps for Education that helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and easily communicate with their classes.

Google Classroom Screenshots

Google Classroom Profile Details

Google Classroom Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Most Recent Google Classroom Video Review

"Transformative"

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Google Classroom - great for content management, but lacks analytics"

What do you like best?

The things that I like with google classroom is that it's a software that makes it so much easier for teachers and students.

It's good and easy for teachers because they can give the students assignments with just a click of a button and all of the students get notified that they have an assignment and they can turn it in through the app.

It's also good and easy for students because it's easier for them to keep track of what assignments they have and it's very easy for them to turn in their assignments and they can even do it from home.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Google Classroom is only popular with High School teaching. In college, specifically with the University of California Riverside, the standard for turning in assignments is through a software called Ilearn which is unreliable. Google classroom also has no automated quiz system which is super useful if implemented. Another issue that I found annoying was the classroom code. Each time I wanted to add a student into the course, they would constantly have to copy and paste a code to get into my class. A better solution to this perhaps include an option to allow me to add students through a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In general it's awesome, it's a wonderfull tool both teachers and students, you have to use it if you are teacher or learning

As a student and tutor, I have used Google Classroom to create and integrate materials from classes. It is very useful and efficient.

Profesora DIRECTORA

" Another way to be connected with my students while teaching them "

What do you like best?

Google clasroom is one of my favorite educational programs first because it is super simple to use, it is not necessary to be an expert in digital programs to create classes and activities of great content and with many options to share them with the students associated with the account.

I feel that classrroom is like having my own educational website where I can place important information, tips, or notices to my students. Ambien allows me to create classes and schedule them with date and time to be up to date with all the activities. The best thing is to be able to personalize and upload images, videos and any file that supports the classes and is also pleasant and attractive to young students.

What do you dislike?

I do not find something negative to express about classroom. Perhaps its only limitation is that we necessarily need a web connection to access and manage, sometimes this is an obstacle, however, it does not represent a major disadvantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of course I recommend all my teaching colleagues in the world to use Google Classroom, if they really are committed to the work of teaching and understand that every day should be innovated more, at an educational level, to ensure that the teaching and learning process is in an efficient way

In my professional experience as a teacher I have observed that every day there are more advances in technology and communications and teachers must be up to date on all this and Google Classroom offers us a possibility that our classes are not limited to the four walls of a classroom, but that we bring the pedagogical experience to a digital level according to modernity. This is very useful because it represents great advantages such as: students more interested in participating in classes, saving time and effort on the part of teachers, better teacher-student communication, high student performance, the ability to show and manage teaching tools. educational reinforcement such as videos, images, presentations among others.

Mathematics Teacher

"Totally Transformed the Modern Day Classroom"

What do you like best?

I teach high school mathematics and use Google Classroom with all of the courses I teach. It’s a great way to keep my materials organized for my students, and it holds my students accountable. I can post materials, assignments, or announcements easily and I can also schedule them to show up at certain times. This helps me plan ahead, especially when the day gets hectic and there’s a plenty to remember. I can creat a draft the day before, and post it later when I’m ready.

What do you dislike?

There is often a lot of posts on the main stream, which gets overwhelming. I sometimes have to drag materials constantly to where I want them as well. Having multiple classes, if I forget to post it to one of the class periods, I have to go and write the post again for the next class. But I do like the feature where I can post to multiple classes.

Google Classroom gives me an easy resource to post and share materials for my students. It’s been especially helpful when I am out of the building and need to still post something for my students to use or see. Also, some of the newer features let me grade assignments and return all the grades and feedback directly back to students- that is a great feature!

Student

"Google Classroom, lovely for learning and teaching"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Classroom is an innovative and efficient way to organize work and information. I also appreciate the ability to create assignments with set deadlines; it helps reassure work will be done efficiently. I like that Google Classroom gives students the opportunity to catch up on lessons and/or work they may have missed due to being absent, and that teachers have the opportunity to provide their students with useful information and assignments from previous or current lessons.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the constant email notifications I get from Google Classroom, because they feel almost like spam at times. I appreciate being reminded about assignments, but after a while and multiple emails later, it gets annoying. I also dislike the constant changes in format, since at least once a year the layout of Classroom is changed, features are added and removed, and it makes it hard to catch up and navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend only using Google Classroom only if you are primarily an educator or a student, since this is what the program is intended for.

Google Classroom is solving the problem of having everyone's work in the same place at the same time. I have realized it is a lot easier to compile people's work.

educacion

"Organization, communication and educational effectiveness "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I do not find any disadvantage in using google classroom, there are many benefits it offers, however, the only limitation is having to have internet service to access this program and work with it, sometimes the connection is slow and is made difficult to execute the actions or the information is delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a teacher, I recommend that you try this tool with your students and you will see in a short time the results in their performance, it is a very easy program to use and free access, which is a great advantage.

Organization, communication and educational effectiveness

I really like this google application, I consider it one of the best, Google Classroom allows teachers to have a very direct communication with their students and a total organization of their classes. I like it a lot because with this program you can execute various pedagogical activities such as creating classes, sending notices or information, assigning questionnaires or investigations, evaluating and even creating the bulletins at the end of the course. The best part is that you can personalize your classes with photos and that makes it very attractive to students. I can verify which students have reviewed the class and send personalized messages if necessary.

I work in an educational institution that cares for young people in high school and these students increasingly require updated teachers with digital news, with Google classroom I have been able to get closer to them and get their attention in my classes, I have seen that many They are interested and it has been very helpful for me to send their classes and evaluations through this route and they keep up with everything they need. It really is a marvelous didactic tool that also facilitates the teacher's work because investing little time can reach many students

"My second classroom. "

What do you like best?

I like the Google classroom platform because it is really dynamic, intuitive, easy to use and totally free, I love that you can have a classroom in the cloud through this software, because students are now more interested in using technology than traditional teaching methods.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have anything negative to mention. Google Classroom is a very good application and during the time I have used it it has worked correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I invite all my colleagues to join the technological era and use educational software such as Google Classroom to take education to another level and to awaken the interest of our students for the acquisition of new knowledge.

Google Classroom benefits me because through its virtual classroom I manage to capture the attention of my students, since at present it is much more interesting for young people to study by means of phones, tablets or computers than to use blackboard, books and notebooks as traditionally It was done.

Professor

"Since I implemented it, my classes have improved a lot. "

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is an excellent application in the educational field, because it is designed to reinforce knowledge and strengthen the communicative process between teachers and students through a virtual platform, totally free to which all students have easy access; what I think is great

What do you dislike?

So far I have only had benefits with this application, therefore there is nothing negative to note about Google Classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that Google Classroom is an application with great potential in the educational area, so I recommend my colleagues to implement it since it is a very useful software to make diagnoses, and schedule activities or evaluations through this platform.

Google ClassRoom offers me the possibility to monitor through the web the knowledge that my students have acquired in classrooms, also helps me to detect the educational weaknesses of these, because I commonly use Google Classroom to make diagnoses and determine the areas where There is greater weakness in my students and then reinforce them in face-to-face classes at the University.

Project Intern

"Best Online Classroom"

What do you like best?

Google classroom is one of the best tool for taking text and share document to multiple student using internet.It provide classroom calendar facility in which we can set event which is only for classroom member as reminder. User can see their work in this classroom or Make class room folder in which they can upload some document for specific subject. Teacher can upload their photo and generate code for joining classroom, they can also scheduled the test so when time comes it provide notification to all member of classroom.

What do you dislike?

This is best tool for keep study document but for sharing this document with other it required admin's permission and after approving it, User can share this thing with other. There is no other feature to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It very useful for collage and school who want to make their study more reliable, Teacher can make classroom for their respective subject and take test very easily. In this they can share document and important link for subject. It is easy way to reach out to all student.

I use this tool since last 4 year, in my collage we create classroom for different subject and share different study material and important link in that. We also give multiple exam in this classroom for particular exam. It is easy way to reach classmate for help and share document with them.

Profesional de la enseñanza
(5001-10,000 employees)

" perfect space to design classes"

What do you like best?

This application was created by gods, I sincerely love what google does, always making our life simpler. In the case of Google, the classroom was specially developed in order to optimize the work of teachers and promote student learning and the best free of charge. Google Classroom is a kind of control center that allows the organization of basic activities that happen inside the classrooms as an example, assignment of tasks, feedback and even the design of the class itself. In other words, it is a tool that adapts to the parts of the teaching, allows a follow-up of the work, and an effective and collaborative communication between students and teachers without the need to use paper. It's perfect

What do you dislike?

I'm sorry I have nothing negative to comment about the application I really like it is useful, practical, fast and free

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many benefits offered by this free tool. Making use of it not only means becoming familiar with the digital world, but optimizing processes, working together and improving every day so that all children can learn.

Through the app you can create a class and once the class is created you add your students by sending them a code or adding them directly then you send them the tasks, they can be done at any time and from any device is not excellent and everything in real time, You can also see the progress of your students in each of the tasks adding that students can have all the content and material of the class in the same place.

programadora en lenguajes de alto nivel

"Mejora tu experiencia en clase con Google Classroom"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom encanta a profesores y alumnos por su elegante interfaz, que facilita las cosas mucho a la hora de organizar una clase. Es posible crear varios alumnos con los cual centralizar un repositorio común de recursos que les puedan ayudar en su evolución y aprendizaje.

Además gratis lo ofrece gratis para las escuelas dentro del paquete G Suite for Education.

Es una buena manera de evaluar a los estudiantes, asignarles tareas y ejercicios, subir presentaciones para seguir en clase, y habilitar una especie de zona foro para realizar preguntas y responder dudas, tanto entre ellos mismos como conmigo.

Es posible utilizarla desde diferentes dispositivos, como smartphones, tabletas u ordenadores de escritorio, ya que al funcionar sobre el navegador, es independiente totalmente de la máquina.

What do you dislike?

La única forma de acceder a la aplicación es con un correo electrónico, y eso con alumnos menores de edad puede ser un problema si no lo tienen hecho ya con el permiso de sus padres. Pero no es un problema en sí de la aplicación, que para mi funciona perfecta. Eso sí, requiere de conexión a Internet en todo momento, o no funcionará.

Sería interesante una opción para poder agregar padres para que estuvieran al tanto de la actitud y evolución de sus hijos en el aula.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Muy recomendable, gratuito, intuitivo y ayuda a profesores y alumnos en su aprendizaje.

Me ha ayudado a mejorar la organización en clase y a facilitar el estudio a los alumnos, centralizando todos los recursos necesarios para cada asignatura.

Educator

"Google classroom is a great way for me to keep in contact with my students"

What do you like best?

I love google classroom because it allows me to keep in contact with my students. It is easy to use. I am able to update a calendar to communicate important dates with my student. I can also upload everything on there so that they know what's coming up and if they are absent they can check what they've missed.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about it it is very easy to use. As a daily user, I don't have anything that I dislike about it because it was so easy to learn how to use and easy to explain to others. That is very important because I can show and explain to parents how they can use it to help their child.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great

I noticed that it makes it even easier to communicate with my students and help them get the work they need. I also am able to easily communicate with parents on what they should currently be working on so there really isn't any reason why they would be doing poorly in my class.

Adjunct Lecturer

"Great Product by Google"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is a great platform for virtual learning. It is free to use and set up, and very easy to navigate. I have found managing my streams of classes very easy through Classroom. Sharing summaries of post-exam performances with students is easy in the virtual classroom, managing assignments and grades, and marking attendance are some of the good features provided by it!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Google Classroom. Larger integrations with other teaching tools would be really helpful though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am very satisfied with google classroom and its features. The support provided is also very good, and I say utilize those features.

Google Classroom is one of my most used platforms for managing my virtual classes, and keeping track of students' progress. It is a great thing that it's free for use and I find it very simple to understand.

Principal & Teacher

"Google Classroom is my class "homebase.""

What do you like best?

I love Google Classroom as a central hub for the many resources I employ in my middle school classroom (VoiceThread, YouTube, Google Apps, TypingClub, NaNoWriMo). If it weren't for this web service, my students would struggle much more with the many locations across the web they juggle each day.

What do you dislike?

If the gradebook were more intuitive and featured a central place where I can store grades, add assignments not given on Classroom, and maybe even keep attendance, I would use it far more for my teacher tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an educational institution, there is nothing keeping you from trying this service because IT IS FREE TO SCHOOLS, along with the many Google Apps for Education. If you are fearful of trying a new thing, be comforted that this is among the easiest tools to teachers out there. It's extremely simple and can prove helpful as you think of new ways to employ it in your everyday operations.

Students need to engage online resources with their 1:1 Chromebooks, but they quickly grow frustrated if they don't know how to employ them or where to go next. Classroom keeps it simple by organizing it in one play in a user-friendly stream fashion. Students are online using their devices far more with this service.

Principal

"Google Classroom for Administrators"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is not just for teachers. I have my teachers submit their weekly lesson plans and team meeting agendas on my Google Classroom. I love being able to schedule the “assignments”. It also lets me know who has turned their plans and agendas in, and on time. My teachers like that I can return their plans to them. This way they know I’ve seen them. I also upload documents for teachers to access (forms, letterhead,etc.) and even have our Google technology form on my Google Classroom for easy access for my teachers. Google Classroom is a great tool for organization!

What do you dislike?

When I upload a resource it’s harder to find now than in the past. I have to give frequent reminders of how to find the resources (click the down arrow on the banner pic of your classroom).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Classroom is a great organizational tool for teachers and administrators alike. Assignments all in one convenient place at your fingertips. It also provides you the ability to correspond back and forth with your users on assignments.

The biggest problem Google Classroom has solved for me is organization. Before using Google Classroom teachers emailed their leason plans to me. I then had to upload them into a folder in Google Drive. If I needed a lesson plan I then had to go to Drive, find the folder then find the lesson plan. Through Google Classroom lesson plans are now organized in one spot by date and makes finding a particular lesson plan much easier, saving me many minutes in my work week.

Educational Technologist

"Simple, Intuitive, User-Friendly LMS"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is a well designed LMS. It's amazing how well it integrates other Google Apps and products for a truly seamless implementation in the classroom. Having used Google Classroom for nearly 4 years, it has also changed and updated to meet the needs of teachers. Differentiation is now much more accessible through Google Classroom. It's easy for teachers and students to understand, and guardians can receive updates about their student as well.

What do you dislike?

Any complaints I've had about Google Classroom have been changed over the years, and they actually let me know that my feedback helped make those design changes. I do get several complaints about the lack of gradebook integration (not super easy to get grades from Classroom to whatever system you're using) but I know Google Classroom is working on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you already use G-Suite, Classroom is a no brainer. Users will catch on instantly.

Google Classroom is yes, used classically as a teacher-student interaction tool in our company. However, we also use it at the peer level to start discussions, share articles, distribute information, which can all be organized for easy access later on.

Personal docente
(10,001+ employees)

"This Google application is very convenient and useful."

What do you like best?

thanks to this application of google is much what I have achieved with my students, what I like most is the ease of use, I can create my classes online and sign up all my students in it, we share information through the chat, it is a good way to use technology in education.

What do you dislike?

I have used it and I do not see anything that I dislike, it only has as a limitation, that you must have access to the internet to use it, in addition to a google account, to be able to join the class.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very useful, it really is a great strategy for teachers, you will not regret using it, it has gone very well for me.

I am happy with everything I have achieved with this application and my students, their interest in the students has improved greatly, their school performance has been better than in previous years, it is always good to use another tool, and currently the technology is what attracts the most young people, it's good that google think about the teachers and help us with this application.

Personal docente
(10,001+ employees)

"Google always surprises its users with good tools like this classrrom is excellent."

What do you like best?

is a good way to evaluate my students, what I like most is that I can assign all kinds of activities, I can prepare my class and share it with my students and only in the classroom we discuss their doubts and arguments, has made my practice teaching a great adventure, where my students are the protagonists.

What do you dislike?

if I have to say something classroom megative is that the only way to access the application is with an email and that is not an application that my students can download and take everywhere they go, it is only communication for when they are on the computer from their house.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Muco has helped me is practical and functional to you too.

It has helped me a lot in my work, I think it is an excellent application designed to improve teaching practice and without a doubt it has achieved, I believe that no teacher can be left out of the technology that is what they are asking for our students and the new society where we live.

Math Teacher

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It's free!

I love that Google Classroom has allowed our school to significantly cut down on paper usage. Since students can write their papers in Google Docs and submit them via Google Classroom, we no longer need to give students access to printers. If a student needs to print out a picture or an article for a project, they must ask a teacher to do it, which eliminates printing unnecessary things (i.e. 3 pages of ads when an article is only 1 page).

As a math teacher, I love that it provides a place for me to post online resources for students. The newest updates allow posts to be categorized, so I have also included a category of approved math games that students can play when they finish their work. Many online educational resources also sync with Google Classroom so that you can import your students all at once instead of adding their emails individually or waiting until you can give them a class code.

One other feature that is helpful is the ability to schedule a post so that it automatically shows up at a specified date and time.

What do you dislike?

Currently, once you have posted an assignment you cannot "revert to saved draft." If you decide you want to hide it and schedule it for a later date, you need to delete it and recreate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool! It is not a comprehensive learning management system (LMS), but there is a pilot program that is working to allow schools to incorporate Google Classroom into an LMS.

Google Classroom has allowed us to have online lessons when we have a snow day. Previously, if we used up all of the snow days built into our calendar, we would have to change the end of the school year or take away vacation days. Now, when we have an unexpected extra snow day we can assign work for the students to complete so that we meet the state requirements for total hours of school without changing our school calendar.

Teacher

"Google Classroom has made huge strides, but still has work to do"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of integration with other Google products. As a teacher, the last thing you want to concern your students with is the mechanics of finding and submitting their work. You want their user experience to be easy, so they can focus on the actual curricular work. Google Classroom has accomplished that.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much customization built-in, the material design is nice, but sometimes feels too large and boxy, and they still have room to build-in common sense features like collapsable modules in the Classwork section. If you would like to schedule a post across more than one classroom section, that is currently impossible, and is therefore frustrating.

I use Google Classroom to administer tests, quizzes, homework, and projects in my chemistry classes. It makes it easy to assign due dates and "collect" work from students. Grading is also a breeze because of new grading system features that Google has introduced.

Spanish Professor
Higher Education

"Great for teaching with technology "

What do you like best?

I like that i can connect with my students in a safe maner and on the distance. I can grade and add more tasks from my cell phone and they can use it anywhere and can work from their cell phones, ipads, chromebooks. Etc.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike a lot. I wish there was an easier way to share the same task ina different classroom but i can handle it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play with it before applying it. There are some things that can be confusing at the beginning but if you get to understand it before. Is going to be very helpful for your class.

Well, sometimes i am sick and i have to miss school so i just add tasks into google classroom and the students receive an email indicating that they have soemthing to do and i can check if theyre working or not from my house.

IIllustrator

"Google Classroom is moving in the correct direction"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Classroom works well as an integrated part of GSuite features and YouTube which makes it easy to create instructional videos, sheets to collect data, and student portfolios using slides.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that our current grade book program and Google Classroom do not work together so grades have to be entered in more than one place. I also do not like that I can not handwrite notes on assignments without switching to another app. I find it frustrating to grade within Classroom. However, this could be due to my lack of training or not having the time to really explore all of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For old-school teachers who do better with assignments on paper, this product could be challenging. for those good with technology, this could definitely be a time saver.

Having one place where all assignment material can be located by all students is convenient. Using Classroom has also reduced the need to make as many copies of materials that the students will need.

Teacher

" Virtual classroom 100% useful. "

What do you like best?

It is an application to which both students and teachers have free access in a fast, easy and totally intuitive way. It is also extremely simple to use and has functions that are really important in the educational field.

What do you dislike?

The disadvantage is that you need an INTERNET connection to access the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the use of ClassWork, the new Google classroom tool that allows you to publish the new assignments at the top of the page, which makes students observe the proposed activities once they open the page.

As a teacher, it benefits me because it is a very easy platform to create totally complete classes, because it allows me to organize them by topics, modules or units and assign special tasks or practice exams, which helps my students to prepare better for face-to-face assessments. I do in the institution.

Teacher of Business/Technology

"Google Classroom for High School students"

What do you like best?

I like that the students have one place to go for all of their work for the class which makes it easier for them (and less excuses). It is engaging for 21st century students who prefer submitting assignments digitally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we do not have the ability to customize many features including the stream, and that there is no integration with Google Sites. It does sometimes seem that they could use more educator feedback in developing their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that others considering Google Classroom make a list of what tasks they would like to achieve through such a classroom management software and then research to determine whether Google Classroom meets those needs. Many times the program seems to add features that were not developed by educators and they don't always seem to "get" what we need.

Google Classroom it is eco-friendly creating less paper waste by going digital and is a great communication tool for teachers, students, and parents.

Profesor de educación secundaria

" The most attractive option to give my classes"

What do you like best?

I really like this digital tool that offers google for teachers, because we need to advance in the same way as technology does and our students demand that we be updated to the digital age. With this application I get closer to my students through the network and that they can receive my classes at any time, perform their tasks easily and comfortably at the time they prefer. Simply classroom is great for both teachers and students, you do not need to be an expert to use this tool

What do you dislike?

I really do not find anything negative to say about this program, the only disadvantage I can comment is that some students may have problems with access to the internet or a computer, however in the isntituto where I work there is a computer lab where the students and teachers we can access at any time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully recommended for my teaching colleagues who use this tool as a more attractive teaching and learning strategy and best of all is easy to use and it is free

With classroom I have had more possibility of helping my students outside of my formal hours of classes. I can also make personalized consultations to those young people who require it, besides the students like to receive the information and research that I publish and it becomes more interesting after the real class, and they can also see the results of their grades intact which is a great benefit

Learning Technologist
E-Learning
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best LMS for K12 and small courses"

What do you like best?

The integration with other Google services (eg Calendar, Drive), because it allows to attach files, schedule online sessions and invite your students in seconds.

Students management is pretty good.

The mobile apps are convenient and don't lack functionality that is available on the desktop.

You can drag and drop topics and classwork items in the Classwork page

There is a new Gradebook feature coming up - the beta version looks very promising.

What do you dislike?

The platform can be very basic at times when more advanced functionality is needed.

The feed on the first page of each classroom reminds me of social media feeds sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Google Classroom if you need a simple Learning Management System for your online classroom and have no budget for a paid solution.

It can be advantageous when basic functionality is needed and there is no budget for buying one of the most advanced Learning Management Systems in the market (eg Moodle, Totara, Blackboard, Canvas etc).

TEACHER, COMPUTER SCIENCE

"Google Classroom in Middle School"

What do you like best?

I like Google Classroom for communication, assignment and materials management, and for ease of bringing in outside resources.

What do you dislike?

If I dislike anything, it might be wish it had tools and functionality that I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Classroom will take some patience, some time, definitely some professional development training for all staff asked to implement it.

Then feedback from teaching staff to administration and district will be helpful.

Questions could be: Does the school's administration and central office want data from Google Classroom? Can Google Classroom deliver that? What are any competitors? How should we as a site, as staff, measure (if we even need to) the success of this education management system? Or is it a neutral tool, with no judgement or measurement?

As a public school, middle school educator, Google Classroom solves the problem of communication and collecting student work. I can communicate with students and their parents from within this platform. I can share assignments (projects) and their resources (materials). I can give students feedback on their projects and assignments. My students can easily create and submit their work all within Google Classroom and G-Suite programs like Docs, Sheets and Slides. I can view, type feedback, grade and move to the next student's work quite easily, almost like scrolling through emails. I can email both students and parents. And at the end of the semester and school year, it is like a binder of all the work and communication we all did. Students can comment and surveys can be shared.

Chemistry Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for assignment organization."

What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool for students to access and view materials from the classroom such as notes and worksheets. It is all accessible online which cuts back on the amount of paper used in the classroom as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not linkable to my grading program but maybe that can be something to look forward to in the future to help streamline things even further.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, it is honestly so easy and keeps track of assignments for individual students. You can even go all online if the technology is available to you. I love using it for absent students to find their missing assignments but it also good for assigning classwork/homework. It may take time to get used to using it but it is worth the learning process.

It allows me to store assignments and notes for students who are absent so i am not bombarded with the same "what did i miss?" question.