Leapsome Reviews & Product Details

Leapsome Overview

What is Leapsome?

CEOs and HR teams at forward-thinking companies (including Spotify, Trivago, and Babbel) use Leapsome to create a continuous cycle of performance management and personalized learning that powers employee engagement and the success of their businesses. As a people management platform, Leapsome combines tools for Goals & OKRs Management, Performance Reviews and 360s, Employee Learning & Onboarding, Employee Engagement Surveys, Feedback & Praise, and Meetings. Learn more: Leapsome.com

Leapsome Details
German, English, French

Continuous Feedback and Learning.

Unlike other performance management platforms, Leapsome's platform combines performance management, employee engagement and personalized learning. This allows companies to enable their managers and to support their employees by creating a feedback culture in their organization. This powerful loop between high-quality feedback and learning drives increased performance, higher engagement levels, and improves employee retention.

Furthermore, the combination of these three areas allows Leapsome to provide combined people analytics that give deep insights into the relationships between performance and engagement.

The platform comes with many best-practice, templates, and smart automations built-in so it's ready to use out of the box or it can be customized to fit your ideal people management processes.

Leapsome
2016
Berlin, Berlin
@leapsome

Leapsome Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Leapsome community
Have you used Leapsome before?

Leapsome Reviews

Showing 78 Leapsome reviews
Already have Leapsome?
Marketing Lead & Tech Partner
What do you like best?

The User Interface is modern and it makes sense. It is easy to use and very flexible for setting different tasks and different levels of information sharing across the team. Plus, it has been a great tool for creating company awareness by allowing us to view the goals, progress and success of different teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general, I have not come across something that bothers me so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great platform if you are looking to get a better handle on company-wide processes and goals tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As our company grew rapidly, we have become aware of the need to have a structure around goals setting and tracking. Leapsome has helped us set up a professional KPI and OKR tracking process across our company for the first time.

Leapsome helped us stay accountable for our goals for the first time, as we have gained company-wide visibility and hard deadlines per quarter.

We have been able to implement the goal rating system on Leapsome to automate bonus calculations based on each employee's individual success and how much that has contributed to the company's success overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Backend Engineer
What do you like best?

It has a simple visualization of my personal goals, company goals and coworkers goals. It's simple to make shared goals and followup them. We don't have to use excel spreadsheets for that anymore. It keeps the goals update to date and easy to follow in 1:1 meetings per example.

The instant feedback provides a quick way of public praising a colleague with no formality at all.

Also the UX is great and simple, it's the kind of software the people needs to be trained to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with Microsoft accounts in the meetings section.

It could be more integrate with sso (other than google) so I don't need to type my password every time.

Is not possible to filter feedbacks or praises by department/area, so if you want to check it in a more granular way it could be hard.

I can not personalize my home page with the things I consider more important for me, so Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. I think it's simple and can bring a big value with a low effort.

It modernizes the process of how people manage/be manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The people ops runs company surveys and 360 feedback.

For me as developer is important to followup the OKR (personal, team and company).

Also it can keep data of the meeting and we can make a better follow up of the 1:1, so it's easier to remember what was the discussion of the previous meetings.

It provides a structure way of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

Leapsome is extremely intuitive and easy to use, making the goal-setting process less painful and more exciting. It's a great way for leadership to transparently show their own personal goals, as well as an awesome platform to share the company's goals. Now that we use Leapsome, I feel more aligned with my team, and the company as a whole, on our mission for the next year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that it did take a bit of ramping up for Leapsome to be as useful as it could be. Our leadership team had to train us a few times and give a couple tours of the platform, but now it's simple! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're a company that is growing quickly. Leapsome has made it easy to store all our company goals in one place, making it easy for both current and new employees to align on our vision. In addition, we've begun using the employee engagement surveys which are a fantastic way to ensure we're scaling quickly while still maintaining our culture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
What do you like best?

With the OKR feature, we now have complete transparency of all company and departmental OKR progress. Leapsome provides deep OKR analytics, the ability to comment on OKRs and a handy newsfeed for all updates. This makes the OKR process collaborative and completely transparent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about Leapsome. I recognise the platform is constantly evolving with new features and improved design which is cool to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Leapsome to any organizations wishing to centralise their HR processes. Also, don't forget to utilize the many integration possibilities. For example, we have a Slack integration which shares short praises made by co-workers to each other with the rest of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

scoutbee has grown massively in the past few years meaning communication and transparency across the whole business becomes more and more challenging. Leapsome helps us to centralize and communicate numerous processes such as quarterly climate surveys, All-Hands questions, appraisals and the OKR cycles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Quality Specialist
What do you like best?

- The design of the website is simple and efficient, it is quite easy to navigate through every feature.

- A great way to communicate with my colleagues, it helps us keep track of everything and be more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of , at the moment. The people from Leapsome are really nice and they do a great job at maintaining the quality of the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for something easy to use and a well structured platform, Leapsome might be just the thing you need.

They managed to integrate efficient tools , which are suitable and ready to use by any company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best thing about the platform is that it is easily accessible and everyone enjoys using it.

Everything is more organized , we can keep track of numerous tasks, set goals and deadlines. There are still some features I did not have the opportunity to try , but I am glad that we have a lot of options available, when the team will need to initiate new projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fullstack Engineer
What do you like best?

I really enjoy the generated charts after each performance review that allow me to get a grasp of my weaknesses and strengths. Besides the charts you also can view what your peers wrote about you so that you can discuss with your manager any points you need to improve on.

It is also real simple to use whenever you need to fill out a survey or do a performance review for any of your peers.

As for setting OKRs, Leapsome also provides some tools for you to track progress of your objectives and keeps everyone in your team aligned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For more complex survey results it can be a bit tricky to use all the filters and take a deep look at the data that you want. As an example we had to fill a survey for the whole deparment and it took a bit of time to find out the specific results for my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using Leapsome for setting OKRs, it is nice to have all the info gathered in one place instead of scattered around several documents as I've had in the past.

We also fill some surveys from time to time so that HR can get a grasp on how the team is doing and if there are any situations that need to be addressed. This has proved useful so that managers can take action and quickly solve any issue that is happening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advisor
What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive and very simple interface. Very clear modules so that you can get to what's relevant for you without having to search for it. Also love that while the app evolves based on customer feedback, they continue to maintain simplicity. I also really like that there are very helpful videos and tools built out for the solution and inside the app there are lots of tips available to help you navigate when you're just getting started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting. It would be great to have more reporting views/options to easily share data for meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in without fear! The tool is really simple, so don't spend too much time overthinking how to use it. Best approach is to get in and explore with a pilot team. A great option for starting out on the performance management journey and goal setting. Also can be used as a tool for creating a habit with team members on consistently working on their goals towards great performance outcomes.

More powerful when performance frameworks are already in place. Utilize the survey feature to support pulse checks during the year vs. only doing annual surveys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing persons to see how their work contributes to the overall goals of the organization is priceless. In particular, being able to add align their performance discussions with clear outcomes has been key. We've been able to address the challenges with lack of transparency and focus on operational vs. strategic through the use of the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Easy to define and track different OKRs in an interdepartmental way with comments, review, approval tracking which eventually brings individual OKRs into the context through the Goal Tree. In same platform we have tied sales, marketing, human resources and software development together to visualise the big picture and easily identify the places of improvement in an efficient and timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't seen any parts of Leapsome lacking any feature or functionality we longed for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OKR tracking. Quarterly goal definition. Team collaboration and contribution.

In creased motivation towards reaching a goal and lifting of team spirit when a goal is reached. Significant improvement of efficiency and performance of individuals and teams as a hole.

Most importantly Leapsome helped us align and adopt OKRs dynamically with business requirement changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy head of sales
What do you like best?

I can monitor my goals and better address my shortfalls. I easily set goals for my team members and it is very easy for me to follow, contribute and do performance reviews with the team. I have used many systems but Leapsome is one system that has enabled me to track my team's performance and perform reviews online in this time that we are working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Logging in all the time. If there was a way of just logging in automatically without entering passwords all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An awesome application to use for internal reviews. very user friendly and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Offline reviews, I specifically solve the manual aspect of goal tracking and performance tracking. I enjoy the digital version of the review books. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR & Talent Development
What do you like best?

Leapsome helped not only helped us organising and structuring our performance reviews but also made it really easy for HR to keep an overview of the reviews happening in our company. What was most important to us when choosing a performance management tool was to find one that is easy and intuitive to use and we're very happy for having chosen Leapsome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having Leapsome fully integrated with GoogleCal would take every last bit of manual work off HR's hands, but I got told that it was on the roadmap, which we are already very excited about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tool that can easily adapt to what your company needs and intuitive to use for your employees, I can only recommend Leapsome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our performance reviews and 360s are now finally structured across all our locations, all information is automatically saved which led to an end of managers having to use GoogleDocs, chasing them for sharing the documents with HR and saving them somewhere they can effortlessly go back to them at any time. Thanks to the automation Leapsome offers, HR doesn't need to send out 360s in the form of surveys and making sure participants fill them in on time. Leapsome takes care of all of that for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The tool is simple, practical and flexible and is great for any organisation that wants to have an open feedback culture. We were keen to use 360 degree reviews and create strategic alignment.

Through Leapsome and their goal setting and OKRs modules, we have created the transparency and alignment across the organisation. With the integration with Personio and Slack, that helps us keeps all tools aligned as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I pretty much like everything, however, it would be great to be able to log as other uses, to solve any potential issues yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are not satisfied with Performance Management in your organisation, then this tool might just be the one for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have moved away from 360 reviews using Google sheets or Forms and simplifying that process. Similarly, a clear focus on Feedback has been created in the organisation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We were using a spreadsheet before, so coming to Leapsome is like going from a kids bike with flat tyres to a Kawasaki ninja.

I really like the flow of questions, it's clear what you're answering and the next action you need to take is obvious. The reports are great too, nicely summarised and with good visuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use a skills matrix, and it extends further than the pages default width, but the scroll bar is all the way at the bottom. It would be nice if I could click and drag. Also, it would be useful if the left-hand column (the one with the title/category of the skill) was sticky so that when I do scroll along, I can easily tell what a level description in the matrix is referring to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using Leapsome for peer reviews and appraisals. It's a much slicker process than our previous solution (spreadsheets). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
What do you like best?

One platform for goal setting, learning & feedback management.

- Peer review & appreciations

- Goal settings (customized goals, long term goals, short-term goals)

- Internal Feedback Survey

- Learning library for career development

- Provides an analysis of every feature

- Setup 1 on 1 meeting with your manager & peer

- Exporting feature into excel for creating charts & dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are too many white spaces in the dashboard layout, can be redesigned to have a better compact look. Also, I don't know why my profile picture has a black background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise people's teams of any organization to use Leapsome as it is one of the best tools in the market to provide all in one performance and learning management features, to some extent project management as well. It can be integrated with many SSOs like OKTA. The tool also helps you to automate your process-oriented tasks. During performance appraisal, the tool serves most effectively in determining the overall performance of the employee and engagement with the manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lot many. We run company-wide monthly/quarterly feedback surveys. We manage employee performance through goal settings. We also create different learning plans for our colleagues. Project Management uses it for defining OKRs earlier we were using spreadsheets. The main benefit of using this tool is to optimize time, and avoid multiple documentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I liked Leapsome for the fact that I can track my OKR's easier and give realtime instant feedback to my colleagues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Updating OKR's doesn't show gradual changes. I would like to track progress on weekly basis and have a view of start to finish.

There should be a section too to make qualitative notes to show what the business did to get a certain rating in the week Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Appraisal and employee rating is instant and transparent. We now don't have to wait for our quarterly meetings to give praises.

Also, All our OKR's are now tracked transparently and moved it from cumbersome excel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Probably the most helpful feature of Leapsome is its ease of use. The whole platform is easy to navigate through and fairly intuitive. The homepage gives a simple, but very clear overview of all of your upcoming task, goals, and development profile.

As as first time user of Leapsome, I did not find there to be any sort of learning curve. I was able to use it right away without needing much onboarding.

The email reminders and integration with Slack also allow me to stay up to date with everything that is happening on the platform, and through that I know exactly when I am required to complete a task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not found there to be anything missing from the platform. I found everything that I was looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give Leapsome a shot for Performance Management! Super easy to use and really intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest reason why I started using Leapsome was to create a more structured and formalised process for conducting Development Updates and Performance Reviews. Through Leapsome we have been able to more easily gather input from other people about our own or our colleagues' performance, which has always been a bit of a hassle in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have started to use Leapsome initially to manage our internal review process. Leapsome was not only easy to use but also co-ordinates both the manager and team members responses such that the review itself is quick and simple. Leapsome has a huge amount of additional functionality like feedback, both public and private, that enables the user to elicit feedback from peers, management and project team members to build a more rounded view of an individual and help develop focussed development plans accordingly. Finally the goals tree functionality provides clear transparency throughout the organisation as to how personal objectives fit into the overall company ambitions and objectives in any given period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is very little in my experience to dislike about Leapsome. The only potentially issue with Leapsome is that in theory the review process can be carried out without actually formally discussing the feedback (unlike our old face to face review process which you couldn't avoid) as all the information can be viewed and approved remotely. I wonder if it would be possible to have a zoom/teams session that has to be completed prior to signing off the review although i appreciate some people may well like the existing approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leapsome has increased the transparency through all levels of the business as to how individual goals and objectives fit into the company ambitions and development program. Furthermore this enables individuals (if they want) to look at all the overall goals for the year rather than just those that affect them. This has helped to foster an improved togetherness within the wider group. Leapsome has also been a time saver where you have visibility of if team members have completed their part of the review process which makes it considerably easier to schedule the actual follow up discussions to suit all parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

S
What do you like best?

The graphs they have, the UX, it's a really nice, and well-organized app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't see anything negative to write about! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you want to try something creative and out of the box, cut off your wasted time, go for Leapsome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leapsome is a great tool to collect feedbacks about team members, in less time than a regular feedback meeting.

it solved a lot, for example, if you have 5 members, at least you need 2.5 Hours at different times for a feedback talk.

with Leapsome, you get the 5 feedbacks in less than an hour! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Seemless and faster, and easier way to performance review. Clearly shows the goal and percentage level of completion and also helps to distinctly select peers and other levels of reviews.

Replaced paper process of annual goal setting and performance reviews with interactive online process.

It gives a 360 feedback review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't automatically synchronizes then I'll have to reload the tab.

It does not have any app for iPhone/iPad or even for Android and Windows. This is really crucial for the company if they want more deployment.

Probably would be great if you can set some kind of alarms at every step to complete some activities or review accomplishment, or tasks (Some of us aren't frequent mail readers). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduced Paperwork in the performance review and makes performance reviews fun Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

customer success manager
What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything I am looking for is at the top and very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Leapsome is a great tool, I don't see any parts I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool for feedback collection within the team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can send feedbacks and praises to my colleagues and I can also see what others are sending to each other. We also use the tool for peer reviews and I like the fact it reminds me of my to-dos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Electrode Team Lead
What do you like best?

It is really good platform for self-reflection. It offers variety of questions with comments that helps give constructive criticism but also prize people for doing really good work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe diagram at the end could be easier to understand. Some of the dots are not connected and it is little bit confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with direction of self-improvement and gives opportunity for building up the team we need. Also appreciation is motivating and builds stronger relationships with other departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Engineer
What do you like best?

* The ability to provide and receive useful feedback.

* How easy I can visualize how I stand based on my self-assessment, and my peers' assessment as well.

* The fact that I can set goals for myself to grow as a professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to my mind that's worth to mention. Leapsome works well, and the interface nice and clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Career development.

* Personal growth at work.

* Feedback among peers of different teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up and use. Modular approach allows rolling out step-wise, not overwhelming the organisation. Entirely cloud-based so up and running very quickly. Very responsive customer success and support team getting back regarding issues within hours.

The goal tree is massively powerful: We started with the Review module to align individual to company goals and replaced a massive administrative burden of trickling 130 pages of Powerpoint Objectives down into the organisation every year using paper forms. No paper, full alignment, total transparency!

The best: individuals voluntarily started commenting on their goal achievement and updated goals: what a difference to digging for the paper form once a year for mid year review! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas where UI and workflows could be (and are being) improved, i.e. a couple of extra clicks are required to get to the desired destination. But again, finally a development team that actively listens to customer feed-back! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As always: take care of the change management aspect. Employees might be concerned about who has access to their performance and rating data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Defined competency framework in line with our new leadership principles and based on our values; structured review of these competencies with self-assessment and manager-assessment using Leapsome allows for very fruitful performance reviews and targeted identification of development opportunities for team members.

Defined company goals and empowered the organisation to define goals that feed into and align with the company goals, turning goal definitions from top-down to bottom-up exercise.

In summary, drove cultural change from "fearful, need-to-know-basis-only" to "transparent, psychologically safer, empowered and aligned". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Operations Analyst
What do you like best?

I like the layout on all pages and the use of colors. I also like that Leapsome is trying to ease processes in companies and help them measure Employee performance and engage employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about the Leapsome application. The application is really easy to use. So far, since I started using leapsome, I have experienced no challenges. I dislike the space taken on the home page by just your profile picture and job position. I believe some info could be there so it doesnt look so empty. Also, I think the app should be a bit more interesting with more colors than just blue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leapsome is helping in measuring staff performance, identifying strengths and weaknesses for growth and correction. Leapsome also helps define an organisations goals, team goals and individual goals to help get everyone aligned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's just a must and it's there) auto-save feature while filling out Reviews / performance evaluation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much related to the application (more to the content that is managed by our admin teams)

I personally don't need (or dislike) the feature of creating meetings - I would rather set and see see it in my primary calendar application. It's a personal preference, though Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have good content management (on the admin's side of the organization) on e.g. implementing right performance evaluation questions. Without this, the use of the tool will not be as smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using it mostly for organizing performance evaluation and give a written feedback. Written feedback is somewhat "easier" since I can prepare better, and then have a 1-1 session with the person. I don't use it that often, maybe once or twice, but I can definitely imaging situations where I could give prompt feedbacks again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.