Gong Reviews & Product Details

Gong Overview

What is Gong?

Gong's Revenue Intelligence platform captures your customer interactions across phone, web conferencing, and email, understands what was said in these interactions, and delivers insights to help your team win more deals. Grow your business like companies such as LinkedIn, HubSpot, Shopify, SurveyMonkey, and SproutSocial, which have transformed their revenue strategy by using Gong. For more information, visit www.gong.io.

Gong Details
Discussions
Gong Community

The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions.

The reason everyone is choosing Gong today, is that the tech is light years ahead of any alternatives in the space. It's in a different league.

Here's why we're different:
- Deal Intelligence from contact to close
- Deeper insights through data
- AI coaching recommendations
- Exceptional support
- Ability to stay productive on-the-go
- Seamless collaboration

Don't take our word for it. Take a look at what everyone is saying on G2. :)

Gong

Showing 2,616 Gong reviews
Showing 2,616 reviews
Already have Gong?
Director of new Business Sales
What do you like best?

Gong is pivotal to coaching obviously. Outside of that it is great for deal reviews to see how much of a reps pipeline is at risk. It ensures that I can more accurately forecast deals for the quarter. Gong is also great for onboarding new reps by building a library of good calls to help them learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that needs to be dialed in is the indicators that put deals at risk. On a Monday almost every deal is at risk unless they communicated with the client on the Friday. The only other thing that I can think of is not recording my internal calls. It would be nice to have a setting that turned that off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coaching reps on their calls and improving their sales technique. Speeding up the on-boarding new reps by being able to have them listen to good calls without waiting to shadow a rep. Build a more accurate pipeline and forecasting by easily seeing activity and buying signals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
What do you like best?

Due to COVID-19 I had to onboard 2 times virtually. GONG sped up my onboarding process. I listen to others pitch before jumping into sales certifications and now my own customer calls. I use the transcript to pull out things I like to make my own script, have visibility into my teams calls & I'm the worst at taking notes during sales calls because I'm trying to be more of an active listener and can't multitask SO I always listen to my calls after at 1.25 or 1.5 speed to make notes (this speed up feature is life changing) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

FIltering calls - I can never find what I'm looking for for some reason. I don't know if this is my sales enablement teams job or if it's GONG but would be helpful to filter more accurately Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you're a sales rep - you need GONG Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

my talk ratio and my speed - 2 areas I always need to improve on. I'm at about a 70 talk to 30 customer talk right now trying to make it more 60:40 and ideally, 50:50 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Procurement Manager
What do you like best?

As someone who onboarded remotely in Quarantine - GONG is what made it possible for me to understand and survive as a new SDR out of college. As a daily ritual, I listen to the best performing reps' calls, review and receive coaching on my calls, and look out for new tagged calls from managers. Furthermore, GONG helps me as an SDR ensure that my meetings are actually running by letting me see my AE's activity, along with letting me expand my understanding of the AE role by letting me listen in and take notes on calls whether I'm on the invite or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the product - great and useful product for my team. Something that would be really cool to add however would be if there were a way that I could break down my outbound emails in the same way as my phone calls and meetings. As someone who spends a ton of time writing personalized emails I think being able to break down my emails by intent, conciseness, and overall effectiveness would be great. I know that this a feature that goes along with opportunities with accounts but being able to see other's emails and learn from them with intent coaching would go a long way for improving new reps' email game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A problem I solved with gong is the ability to hear and pinpoint issues with my cold calling. By letting me break down exactly why my calls are resulting in meetings or not thanks to conversational intelligence and showing me things like speaking time, conversation subject, and use of successful words. Another great thin that GONG has solved for me is my ability to quickly demonstrate growth or issues to highlight and have managers comment on. This has been helpful in bringing more quality and effectiveness to my roleplays, one-on-ones, and overall coaching experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations specialist
What do you like best?

I love how the software works and how it is so helpful when trying to find information. I love that it's so easy to use and how user friendly it is. It seriously helps me save time and be more productive at work which is something that is a huge plus! It is a time saver. It helps me work more efficiently and I love how it already has a list of words if you tell it to search for them. Instead of listening to the whole call you call click on each word and it will show you at different times when it was mentioned during the call! How cool is that! I also like how you can copy text that was said and it will include a snippet of that time frame when you paste it. It makes life so much easier and I find myself working faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I don't like how it is such a time saver. Sometimes I find myself working even harder because it helps me with tasks and action items from calls that I find myself working faster and more efficiently. That's one of the negatives that I can think of. But overall it's great and really does help me save so much time throughout the day. My whole team has started using it and it has been a fantastic tool to implement for our team.

I also dislike sometimes that I have to upload a call if it doesn't automatically update. However I think this is an issue on our end because we haven't set it up so that all calls are manually uploaded. I dislike sometimes when the translation is a bit off but usually that's because of the speaker and the way that they talk. Like on a last call I noticed it stated something like "a tree" instead of the name that the client was stating. However these are very small details that don't disrupt the overall sense of appreciation and gratitude I have for Gong and all the benefits! It seriously is amazing and I hope to continue to use it for years to come! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly suggest using Gong! Not only will it save you time but your team time as well. It is so helpful to transcribe calls and get the information you need in a timely manner. If you are looking for a great software, Gong is it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solve not having enough time. It helps me save time and be more productive! I am seriously so grateful for this software! When I wasn't using Gong we had to listen to several meetings and recordings & the time it took to process everything was much longer than expected. However once we started using Gong I noticed how much time I started to save and how much easier it was to write down action items and get information over to clients faster.

Another thing that I've noticed is that if someone has a really thick accent it's a bit harder for Gong to process the calls. The sentences sometimes don't make sense and it's harder to really understand what the client/person was saying. So I will have to re-listen to those a bit more, however it's still been so helpful and it's not very often we have a client in this type of scenario. But the software has gotten better with time and most recently I haven't had any problems at all. It was something that I noticed a while ago but has gotten better since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used Gong for about 6 months, and I am extremely pleased. I was a previous user of Chorus, and found the UI a bit more challenging and less intuitive than Gong. Gong allows me to review my calls, remember my promised action items, and keep notes... all while remaining completely engaged in the meeting. I love being able to clip calls and send links to my customers, and see when they have clicked in to view. The transcript is fairly accurate, only having issues when people talk over one another. I love the coaching tips, which evaluates your talk time, monologues, and fillers. Overall, I highly recommend to any sales team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. I had a hard time figuring out the call clip feature, but looked up solutions, and quickly figured it out. As I mentioned above, Gong's UI is extremely easy to navigate, and this was the only area where I needed assistance. With that said, their solution articles were easy to find and helped immensely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT! You may be worried about adoption from your team, but position it as a tool that is there to help them, not as a tool that is there for you to monitor them. The Gong team was amazing with training our team, and we were on board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a hard time remaining engaged on calls while trying to take notes and remember action items. Gong does this for me, so I can give 100% of my thought and attention to my customer. I have found that this improves my ability to converse, respond, and keep my customers happy. I have also received a positive response from customers who have viewed the recordings from Gong. This was a nice and unexpected benefit. Kudos, Gong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being a new hire at my company, Gong has been instrumental in learning best practices for Discovery calls, Demos, and previous training. Being able to quickly access those resources on demand made onboarding a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to request access to my colleague's calls, instead of asking them to share offline before the call is available in my library. In addition, being able to stay logged into gong for a longer period of time if the user verifies they are not on a shared computer would save some time and probably increase my likelihood of using the platform more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to encourage a culture of learning within your sales teams, Gong is a must have. Not only are you able to use recordings for coaching and development purposes, but individual sellers are able to look back at their calls and be self critical. The ability to share insights across the team is great to promote that culture of constant improvement. Much like an elite athlete, gong is your 'game tape', so use it to get better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training and development, call improvement, and onboarding new employees. Understanding where calls have fell down is a great use for Gong, as well as being able to use Gongs AI tools to qualify leads, to analyze calls, and to take a deeper dive into what makes our top performers so successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Logistics Supervisor
What do you like best?

More than all the amazing features we have in GONG, the most one that I like is that we can identify who is the speaker, in the past we were struggling with knowing where something was coming from, it could be the caller, or the agent, now we can plently identify it, and that's beyond a great feature, another feature that we always use is being able to share the interaction with others, in that way we can contribute to provide our coachees with all the support for every feedback given and they can review all the interaction at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is few thing that we dislike about Gong, but the one that we do not like is not having an option to make like a section of a interaction and create a loop so we do not need to go over the timeline a look for the beggining of the phrase and then start again, another thing would be improve the different versions of the app, the mobile and tablet versions, it will create an impact on how we use different devices to provide coachings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Besides all the previous comments, I would recommend Gong if you want to always strive your goals, Gong is not only an app for conversations but it allows you to leave comments, identify the matter of each call, identify the speakers and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More than an app to listen interaction, it also helps you to leave notes, and be precise in what part of the calls you want to hear, that helped us to identify possible gaps, thus we can address that specific behaviour and provide better feedbacks with all the support that Gong is giving us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that it transcribes your calls for you. I no longer have to take notes during calls and can be fully focused on my clients. This feature has allowed me to create stronger customer relationships because not only am I fully present on our call, but I can always go back and refer to the transcripts for information that I need.

I also love the "topics" feature on each call. With this, I can very efficiently comb through calls to find the specific information that I am looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not necessarily something I dislike, but it would be helpful if after I have watched a call, it marks it as "viewed" so I can save time when looking for specific use cases, information, training calls, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We deal with hundreds of clients that each have multiple products and therefore they typically have a large number of questions, tailored needs, and use cases. This has helped me store and organize all of this data instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager - Consumer Portfolio
What do you like best?

Team Management and Traning capabilities. It's a great tool that allows you to train your team and develop skills that you wouldn't be able to develop otherwise. Especially in times like Covid, where people work from home, Gong allows you to remotely work with your team, train and develop sales and other type of skills. You can record calls, review details, give feedback, analysis stats, get suggestions in terms of key practice and much much much more. I would advice any team to give it a try and see it yourselfs. It doesn't matter if your company size is large, medium or small, it will work for all purposes. New starters, ogoing traning, new skills development plans and more. From a sales point of view I can see a strong benefit for the whole floor. I am sure that this tool can be applied to other areas of the business, but I will leave this feedback to the key expert from other part of the business. For the timebeing have fun trying this out yourselfs and good luck with your 2021. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. If I may suggest something to be implemented, I would only say to create a "On" & "Off" botton where callers can decide if they want that call to be recorded or not, rather than start the call with the "On" and having to switch it off, if it's not needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say give it a try and see it yourself. See it in practice how it helps your business and provide a decent feedback for others to have the same great experience that you will have. If you are worried about privicy, don't worry the Gong team will explain it all and it's pretty straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Traning, call reviews, Team calls feedback, Personal Developement and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

I use it to look up calls on clients I'll be working with. I'm also curious to learn about what my colleagues are doing that allows them to be successful in their business interactions. It's easy to search the platform by company name or keyword. The transcripts feature is definitely useful to pick up on certain words or topics that may not sound clear in the meeting. I would recommend Gong to other professional organizations looking to train and coach their employees. I used the tool as part of my onboarding, training and even currently now that I'm actively engaging clients. I also really like the "add to library" option so I can go back and listen to calls I find useful and interesting to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to view the screen of the person sharing theirs when a presentation is given. I have to constantly use the full screen mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gong allows me to research accounts I'm working with. I can listen to past interactions to learn about my clients business, what they are working on and where we can potential help them. Using the tool I can listen to other team members conversations and learn about what market trends are discussed, which selling techniques work for them and how to become better at closing deals. The fact that I can go back and listen to my own calls is very useful so I can make my calls more productive, improve my sales pitch, and be able to help the incoming new team members. Overall I'm very satisfied with using the Gong tool and plan to use it more in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to record calls in outreach. Make it easy to share with team. Also it is a great coaching tool for newer sales people. It has helped create a library for our team to look back at for training and improvements to our sales process. Overall would recommend it for a company that is trying to ramp up their BDR team. That is when our company started to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It says it is recording during set meeting. Don't use it because of this. But I do really like the feature that you can connect with outreach. Overall though, the saying this call is now being recording, made me think, it was for more newer sales people. Even their branding makes it seem that way. Because we use it with Outreach, I am not sure I would really leverage it on its own as a stand alone product. Mostly I use it when I am using outreach to be honest. Our leadership team does really value it though but it does create a little big brother fear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it is worth trying. I do really like it with combining it with outreach. I find the most value in that. Also out BDRs use the tool a lot. They will send me recordings and help them with coaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales coaching and sharing conversations with team. Out team has used it a lot for the newer employees to help with their training and listening how to book meeting with cold calls. This help helped ramp them up faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favourite feature is skipping to the next listener. Often we use Gong to help unpack a complicated conversation. It helps that we can skip straight to a specific stakeholder.

I also like the feedback and comment section. Instead of hopping into an hour long session, I can leave a comment for a team member at a specific point - did you follow up with Jane? - what did Bob mean here?

Finally, as a manager, I can't be in all of the meetings my team members have. Frequently I'll listen to calls at double speed to catch up on what I couldn't attend or to listen to a call that they have flagged for me.

In this way, I get the info from the source, rather than second hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't correctly record who hosted the meeting. That being said, internally we always know that, so it's not an issue.

I like the benchmarks around speaking time, number of questions etc. That being said, they might not be accurate - just have to trust the AI I guess :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with training. We share calls with new hires around specific topics, kind of like an internal podcast. In this way, we have an internal database of all sorts of relevant topics where our new joiners can actually listen to how they were used in professional-client settings. We can then reinforce the theoretical learnings with real-world application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Gong not only records calls and transcribes them but they also offer insights. It's very easy to see who was talking when (so we can fast forward or rewind to specific parts of the presentation if necessary). You can also leave notes for your colleagues in the org which helps to add context exactly at the point in the conversation. Using Gong allows for me to focus on the actual conversation at hand versus trying to focus on taking notes. This tool has become my personal secretary that offers insights on how much I was talking, tips to make my calls better, and also what type of dialogue was being shared (i.e. discovery, follow up, small talk, etc.). Gong also allows me to watch others' calls from a birds eye view without me actually having to join in on the zoom as a participant. I can listen in on a call and make comments live in time. This helps with sales enablement tremendously! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the gong recorder shows up as a participant in zoom - depending on the view it's a bit distracting. Would love if the recorder would be a bit more discrete. It would be nice to have an option of having it on or having it not show as clearly to prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving for streamlining communication throughout our organization when on sales calls with prospects. We have realized the benefit of time back in our days not logging notes continuously and spending time on the things that matter. By being able to have gong on my calls, I am allowing myself to focus time back to the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't even know where to star here. If I was told that I could only keep one sales tool in my life, it would be gong. I would actually buy the license myself if my company didn't - that is how much I have come to rely on this software, that I wish I had invented myself because just, duh.

I take zero notes anymore as I am 100% in listening mode and I don't have to worry about forgetting what they said. As we release new products, I use the keyword search for the "other party" and immediately hit up old prospects with the new product news. Our client success team listens to the calls before we even chat about our new deals, so they are up to speed. Our marketing and product departments listen for feedback. And we haven't even talked about the actual sales team or leadership that uses it for all of the obvious reasons.

We have seen a huge increase in our time to onboard sales reps (and CSM's likely) because we can point them to what good looks like, with specific use cases, so easily. I could literally type a novel so I am just going to stop here and say why on earth are you even reading reviews online b/c this is a no brainer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are zero downsides. I legit cannot even think of one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I literally don't know what else to say other than it is worth every penny. When my husband started a new company and had 1 part time sales person and he bought the minimum 5 licenses just because he saw the value it provided me day in and day out. So yes, just get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Will refer to you to my mini novel above. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

I like that I can focus on my clients and not worry about note taking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much comes to mind. I am mostly focused on all the value I am given that I have yet to notice what you may be missing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use keywords when on calls to indicate where you need to take a note. I tell clients, "I'll take a note of that" then search for "note of that" in gong for all the notes I need to enter in our CRM tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past, I would be furiously note taking to not miss any important detail. You never know when something will become relevant later. With gong, I focus on the client and worry about the notes later. With gongs navigation features I am easily able to hear what I need without relistening to a whole call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Gong! You are able to go back and listen and learn. You can also send this to your manager and have him listen and provide feedback. Management can not be on every call so, the fact that I can send them a call that has been recorded so they can help me get better is amazing! We have taken this a step further and posted FIRE calls on our slack channel so the company can learn from our best and hone their skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if there is anything that I "dislike" about this software. Navigation throughout the software is bland, and not "sexy". But the functionality is top-notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem is your manager can not be on every call coaching and being able to provide feedback so to get better. Gong gives you the ability to send your manager the call to review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

As a young sales professional, Gong helped me learn from my own and my colleagues calls. I would spend free time to listen to calls of top reps and re-listen to my own ones to analyze how I performed.

Additionally, managing a large pool of accounts, I always know that I can go back to a call and listen what we discussed previously. There is zero chances to forget any important information. I can fully focus during my calls on the conversation with the customers without having to worry about taking notes. It's really a game changer for anyone in Sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be brutal to listen to your own calls but a must to improve! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avoiding the same mistakes.

No need to take notes.

Improving as a Sales rep.

Did I talk to much? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can listen to my calls and hear what's working and what's not working in my communications, visually see where different conversation sections are (e.g. discovery, pitch, objection handling, etc.) and what key words are mentioned (e.g. competitors, filler words, key messaging, etc.). I can put down my pen and really listen to my prospects --- because I can review the recording later to make sure I catch every important note my prospect mentioned. My manager can give me coaching more quickly and easily --- like using game-tape. And I can listen to our top reps' calls whenever I want --- so I can learn how to be a top rep too! I would only want to work in sales at a company that uses Gong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't yet know what Gong's going to come up with next. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop just looking at Gong, and start using Gong. As soon as possible. It's worth the investment because of the proven results that teams are able to achieve with it. Once you start, proactively reach out to your Customer Success rep for support when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are many solutions I'm obtaining with Gong, but I'll mention one. Problem: asking leadership and team members what top reps are doing differently to win more; and hearing answers that - despite best intentions - are not as deep or accurate as they could be if Gong were used. I think a lot of times people don't realize some subtle - yet key - things they're doing differently to get the results they're achieving. Solution: with Gong I can literally see and hear exactly what top performers are doing and saying differently - e.g. their tone, objection-handling, discovery questions, pitch, industry knowledge, talk time versus listen time, maybe even body language (in video recordings), etc. And I can study all of that independently. Also, it may be good to note: I've never known a top rep to be upset that others are hearing his/ her calls. In my experience, using Gong has a way of cultivating a culture of humility, integrity, and winning together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.