4.0
(4,073)

SAP Concur solutions simplify expense, travel, and invoice management for greater visibility and control.

Work for SAP Concur?

Learning about SAP Concur?

SAP Concur Reviews

Ask SAP Concur a Question
Showing 4,073 SAP Concur reviews
User in Cosmetics
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SAP Concur

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Morlon J.
Ruby V.
User in Civic & Social Organization
Jeremy S.

"App-based Concur is a godsend"

What do you like best?

I remember when we had to print out our expense reports in duplicate, staple receipts after copying every one, and saving a copy of the printed set that we had to interoffice to AP. Then we got a web based expense system with Concur and things were dramatically better. But it wasn't until we got the mobile app for Concur that the game really changed. Now you take photos of receipts on the phone, upload them to the report, and then can toss the receipt because it's all been digitized before you're even home from a trip. Plus the integration with our employee list is great, and makes it easy when you have to add 5 or more attendees to a team dinner. And the prompts within the app let you know what details still remain to be filled out. Lastly, as a manager, the review and approval process is amazingly streamlined with any exceptions noted so we don't have to remember to check everything for policy adherence.

What do you dislike?

Seriously I do not have any significant complaints.

See above descriptions about what I like.

Scott S.

"Complicated but good"

What do you like best?

Concur is good at covering all the bases at once, striving to be a "one stop shop" for all the travel and expense needs. It's also nice that I can upload receipts directly from the Concur app on my phone and they show up in the system.

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs that seem to not recognize attached receipts, that's happened a couple times. It has become much more use friendly than I remember in past jobs, but is still pretty complex. The search engine for travel does not always find the best deals, so I often go outside of Concur to book hotels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Rocketrip integration is fantastic. It really makes it worthwhile to be cost aware while traveling and get rewarded. Sometimes the travel searching portion (finding hotels and such) is a bit hard to navigate and I often find cheaper hotels off of Concur, but it is nice to have the option to do it all in one place.

Travel is a fairly large part of my job so being able to book accommodation and expense items from the travel in the same place is pretty handy. Keeping track of all the receipts and travel details would be pretty overwhelming without help.

Sharon James W.

"A product that controls the expenses generated by business trips."

What do you like best?

The money resource must be well managed and controlled, so that investments can be seen in the stipulated time, and it is good to be a Sap concur user, since it is a very practical and collaborative tool with the human resources department, The ability to guarantee first class flights to the company, as it allows reservations and purchases, including all billing procedures, and also guarantees the employee who made the trip excellent conditions, comfort and comfort, I like your intuition to control the expenses because you can calculate the routes that will be assigned to the staff that makes the trip with a visibility of the real prices of the region or locality to which it is directed, I like the facility that reimbursements can be requested to the airlines, because is an excellent software that adapts to the requirements of the human resources department and ready. That everything seems simple since its implementation.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the support at all, since they do not concentrate a team or a person to attend to my concerns, every time I request help from the support, I received the attention through a ticket and I felt that I received the assistance of different people, who did not I had doubts, I do not like that in the prices of some other airlines Sap Concur is very unconscious.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save time in travel management, Sap has it all and can access it from anywhere, it is an excellent platform to manage the additional expenses generated by business trips. With the SAP CONCUR, you can also invoice everything with a realistic vision, it offers you incredible confidence and security based on the cloud, and in all its processes, transparency always stands out.

He helped me organize and plan many business trips, such as market studies in different regions, I collaborate with the billing of those tickets and I collaborate with the assigned employees so that the trip has the best conditions, such as comfort and convenience.

Amanda F.

"Business Trips "

What do you like best?

I c!n book my work trip very easy and quick and easy instructions .Generally a good app but when taking pictures of my receipts the flash on my Samsung 9 does not sync up correctly with the picture. in other words the receipt is still dark even after the flash goes off. this does not happen with other apps or even taking standard photos.

What do you dislike?

Used to be a good app, now it is more painful to use the app versus logging on to the full site. The app is pretty much useless now as you cannot do anything without it locking up and then crashing. When data entry and expense reporting is already torture, this app makes it pure hell. It freezes up, crashes, fails to upload, hangs for long periods between steps, CONSTANTLY. I spent an entire hour on my flight home from a work trip and was only able to add about 6 receipts to my expense report.

While it is nice to have a few of the features with you while you're on the go, the app feels very old, moves very slowly, and makes entering data very tedious. The app woild benefit greatly from a reduction in complexity - for example, it take 4-5 presses to view a receipt image. The app also doesnt cache mich of anything so every time you click through a screen or image, it has to go back to a slow server for information

Anna Deborah W.

"the best option to manage the management of expenses and business trips"

What do you like best?

I really like the idea of ​​having this tool that facilitates the administration of human resources in terms of business trips that our employees must make, guaranteeing them the best conditions, it is also the opportunity to manage and control more efficiently aspects such as reservations and ticket purchases with excellent billing, ideal for quality administrative work.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found any negative aspect that I dislike this powerful tool helps to facilitate the financial and administrative work regarding expenses and travel for work and which gives me every day confidence and security to generate excellent reports and deliver accounts to my superiors efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is a great application based on the cloud that allows companies to have the best experience in terms of having a tool that facilitates the management and administration of expenses and business trips providing the maximum transparency in these processes.

the use of this tool in my area of ​​work has been very beneficial, on the one hand the integrations that allows me to make it a very useful option since it facilitates me even more the management of travel and expenses allowing me to obtain a new or significant way. way of visibility of the expenses giving me the necessary vision to know how much was spent before, during and after the business trip ends. I can not fail to mention that SAP Concur has allowed me to automate the process of managing expenses in a fast, simple, pleasant, safe and without errors, so I could leave aside the problem of employees have to fill receipts on paper and have my person manually enter all the expenses in a spreadsheet, for this reason is a great help for the administrative area, guaranteeing us as a company saving money and time.

Gabe S.

"Great platform for all your expenses "

What do you like best?

SAP Concur is a very intuitive platform for all your expense needs. I am able to track all my travel expenses under one roof and the audit trail allows me to know exactly where my report is. I can book my hotel, airfare and car rental all under one roof, using the corporate credit card. As a manager, I can aslo approve all the submitted expenses of my team members.

The iOs app is very easy to use, and I can take pictures of my receipts and attach them to my reports in a matter of seconds. Very useful when traveling.

What do you dislike?

The display of some of the airfares is not always intuitive. Also, the lowest price showed may be a restricted air ticket not allowed by your company, and therefore, the software will show some prices that won't be available to you. It would be useful to have a function that hides airfares that do not qualify under your company policy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SAP Concur will save time when submitting expense reports.

SAP Concur has been the best platform to generate invoices and make travel arrangements. The platform is intuitive and very easy to navigate. It does take some time to enter all the personal information the first time around, but once it is entered, it is there to last!

Patrick R.

"Concur Makes Managing Travel easy"

What do you like best?

The thing i like best about Concur is that it allows you to put most flights on hold for 24 hours before purchasing. It allows you to bundle air, hotel, and car all in one booking. Invoice management is very simple, as invoices come speedily.

What do you dislike?

Concur does have quite a few "down times" or it will cancel out in the middle of booking a flight and not explain why. There is no easy way to use unused tickets either. It will tell you that you have them but it does not offer a way to use them without calling for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to check all the available flight prices, it will book you in a basic economy flight without your knowledge as it is the cheapest cost. Make sure to keep track of unused flights yourself as the process in concur is not forthcoming or user friendly. Make sure to set up profiles for frequent travels so booking their flights is much simpler.

Business problems we solve are managing our own travel at reduced costs. Eliminating the need for a travel agent and their higher fees. The benefits we realized are a quicker and cheaper process for booking travel. The money saved per transaction has helped our bottom line.

Małgorzata N.

"Tarvel and Expenses in on place!"

What do you like best?

Concur is the best T&E software provider. Concur has multiply options and can be very easy customized to be suitable for the company requirements. You can book your travel you can create an expense report in one place in you are an employee.

What do you dislike?

Travel booking option can be more advance. Not the same setting are available for difference countries.

Concur support is build based on the ticketing solution. This is sometimes not the most convenience option because each time you have a problem you receive help from differ person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best software in class, make employees life easier.

Better visibility of travel and expenses cost. T&E department has various reports which can be downloaded and it helps a lot to build internal KPI's

There is one platform where employees book their travels, we have load into Concur our preferred hotels, airlines and also our negotiated rates which are lower than market proces so we simply save money.

We can easily track our employees, we can check in Concur where are they in a specific moment of time.

Employees can better track their spending because all credit card transactions are in Concur

Jessica W.

"Concur helps track and submit business expenses easily"

What do you like best?

All expenses are shown in Concur pretty quickly and is fairly easy to request reimbursement and submit expenses on company card. I like the option to connect lyft or Uber and receipts are automatically uploaded- it makes the process very easy.

What do you dislike?

I had a refund on my credit card which still showed as an Unreconciled expense, which was difficult to trouble shoot. I wish that reports were automatic and I think the website could be more user friendly. I think there are still some kinks to work out in the program, but not impossible to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a bit of training from someone who has used it before. Kind of tricky to figure out some things on your own.

I can use my company credit card for travel/necessary expenses and have more freedom and accessibility by using Concur. I haven't used any other company expense program, so I have nothing to compare it to but overall it is a convenient program to use.

Jessalyn K.

"Concur is great but Concur Mobile is even better for the millennials!"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly program. It allows the administrator to set up what information is required and what limitations is essential for your specific organization. We went from paper expenses to having everything submitted electronically. It has definitely save our organization a lot of time and money.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the expense library is poorly set up. Our staff sometimes have difficulty looking for their previous expense report. When a staff needs to recall a report, they are usually pretty disoriented with the layout and cannot find where to recall the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very user friendly - makes processing expense claims so much easier.

90% of our staff incurred business expenses so Concur allows us to streamline the process in getting them processed and paid timely. In addition, staff is issued gas cards. It's very helpful to have the expenses populate on Concur and they can simply add it to their respective report.

RASIKA A.

"Good tool to handle your business travel itinerary"

What do you like best?

1. Paperless tool to handle all the expense management.

2. Mobile app is very easy to use.

3. Great to generate expense reports.

4. Corporate card expenses are are transfered automatically.

5. Receipts in the jpg or pdf formats are also accepted.

6. It is very efficient in both writing expense reports and monitoring the reports keeping in mind the compliance requirement.

7. Need of copy paste and filling up long spreadsheets was very hectic especially when on a long tour, SAP has made it all very easy.

What do you dislike?

1. Many times charges on SAP does not match with the actual expense made.

2. Website become unresponsive for a few times.

3. Customer support should be improved for quick solutions to the problems faced , as the user has a certain deadline by which few reports must be generated and submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for travel and expense management. Highly recommended.

Manual labor as decreased significantly.

Sashikant M.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

One of the best products from SAP's stable... being a part of the AP portfolio in a Bank it has been ever so challenging to ensure there is an expense management tool that makes it convenient to submit expenses and proofs on the Go. With businesses requiring people to travel its an effective way to track your expenses as well as receipts. I know this having learnt the hard way where in it wasn't the expense management but the proof / receipt submission that was a nightmare. Be it the app or the web portal being able to submit the receipts and keeping them handy to be able to submit the expense has been a phenomenal change.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike but there are many Organizations that need to adopt the Concur detect technology along with it as it allows you to automate the audit function. My client Organization uses it however am waiting for my parent company to adopt the technology.

What seemingly makes it difficult to cut down on the wait process for the approval of the expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a complete package solution and as an ERP for smaller Companies makes it employee or supplier friendly. My only recommendation will be to not use SAP Concur as standalone and rather use the option of Concur detect which is an added benefit. You will experience the cycle time going down when it comes to invoice approvals that will nudge the customer / employee experience towards the positive.

Currently we are trying to add my client Organizations approval metrics and policy to automate the audit function with Concur detect. As I manage AP Helpdesk there has been noise from employees of not remembering the Project Code to use or correct GL to select out of the list that comes up when submitting an expense. There are times when the actual expense list needs to be tagged to an employee so they dont have to browse through all the GL codes available.

Sooraj Kumar A.

"SAP Concur review - User friendly"

What do you like best?

SAP Concur is used by my university travel grant application and management. The best feature of the service is its user interface. The organization of sections and ease of accessing the options, upload and review options, and the user and reviewer end communication features are easy to understand.

The workflow and finance management are also impressive. The budget estimates and the reimbursment requests are properly integrated. In the case of incorrect fields or incomplete information, the submission comes back to the profile and the user has the freedom to update it with direct communication with the adminstration/support team.

What do you dislike?

Too much 'required fields' in a few instances has to be considered for the betterment of the interface. The possible cases of fields in several instances have to be included in the available options. I have faced a few cases where the combination of several modes of transportation could not be provided accurately in the primary submission. I had to submit the same and get it back from the administrator with proper directions to update the submission. So, if you are in a hurry and is not proficient with the service (new user), then there might be some difficulties that one may face with the present options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider the service based on the review provided and my satisfying experience.

Travel planning and grant application in a single space is solved. This saves time and ease of information exchange.

Kelly W.

"LOVE THIS TOOL!"

What do you like best?

Everything, this is a game changer and has made expense tracking so much better~ I really like the mileage tracker, the ability to use previous categories which are repeated commonly monthly. I like the email notifications we get when a report moves from stage to stage!

What do you dislike?

Not much- my one complaint was going to be around the dual apps between logging and pictures of receipts- but this was fixed a few months ago. Thank you!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an easy to use tool that allows employees to easily submit their expenses to their leadership- Tracking is easy to see the stages and evaluate past report submitted- Travel is built into the tool and allows you to easily report on mileage! Love it!!!!

Easier expense tracking with ease to see previous reports, the ability to submit invoices more easily and in one place. Allows for improved communication between our teams and our accounting department. Overall really like this tool and its features.

Winston L.

"Straightforward interface - all travel options easily viewable"

What do you like best?

The best feature is one stop shopping. Being able to airfare, hotel, and auto reservations all in one spot without needing to go through an agent and automatically getting corporate discounts applied, loyalty memberships applied, and having it check if we're meeting corporate policies.

What do you dislike?

It's not that user friendly when unusual bookings are needed. For instance a Monday-Friday trip with a hotel needed Monday-Wednesday and a different hotel Wednesday-Friday. Also, there are often time travel violations that are flagged because the airfare chosen is more expensive than the cheapest fare. The cheapest fare sometimes involves very bad times and multiple legs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just a reminder that when you use Concur, there is a $9 booking fee online and it is more expensive when calling an agent. Having the backup ability to talk to an agent (human) has come in handy in the past. Due to upcoming inclement whether, our team needed to find flights out of Mexico once and it was much easier working with the agent to change our booking than trying to do anything online.

SAP concur allowed each employee the ability to book their own travel. Originally, we were booking everything through a 3rd party agency. Concur is a cost savings, but required employees to be trained on it.

Ana Cristina S.

"Fast way of processing expense reports"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is great since I can just take pictures of the receipts with my phone and upload them to the app right away, instead of having to keep a hard copy of the receipt when traveling. SAP Concur will let me upload the receipts and go back to either the app, either on my phone or computer, at a later time to finish the report and submit it.

What do you dislike?

When itemizing a hotel expense, SAP Concur tends to lack an additional field for taxes. SAP Concur has field to separate the room rate from the taxes incurred for the room, but there are not enough fields for taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a couple of times using SAP Concur to be able to get used to it, but it's worth to give it a try due to its practicality.

I use SAP Concur to book business trips (transportation and hotel) and file business expense reports after using my corporate card. In addition, colleagues use SAP Concur to file expense reimbursement reports for visa immigration fees that they had to pay without a corporate card (i.e. they originally paid in cash).

Tiffany T.

"UI Needs Improvement and Difficult to Use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find the cheapest flight for my business travel and filtering for the flight I'm booking. It's integrated with my Travel Rewards, credit cards, and my checking account so I can get awarded for travel and get reimbursed for my expenses.

What do you dislike?

The Expense and Flight Finder is not integrated. I have to submit a separate expense report for a flight booked through Concur. There should be a way to integrate this so that I don't have to manually submit a receipt.The overall UI needs improvement and it's not intuitive to complete flight bookings. Also I've been charged twice for Service fees with no explanation as to what these Service fees are for. I didn't get a receipt for these Service fees until I directly called Concur to have them send it to me. Then I had to submit 2 additional expense reports for these additional Service fee expenses when the expense should have been included in the overall flight itinerary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an integrated solution and allows for easy expense reporting. However the overall UI needs improvement and I find it difficult to use.

It's easy to book flights and post expenses to get the necessary approvals for reimbursement. The solution is integrated and easy for my manager to go in to the Concur to approve the expenses. I can find the cheapest flights for my business travel and it's simple to filter for the flight I'm booking for. It's integrated with my Travel Rewards, credit cards, and my checking account so I can get awarded for travel and get reimbursed directly for my expenses.

Marielle S.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is relatively easy to use. I think as long as you understand the different categories for expenses in terms of how they relate to your company then it is not hard to use. I like that I can also access other accounts with ease once given access.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if I use the concur app on the phone to take a photo of the receipt and upload it - it acts as a separate transaction and won't link to an existing transaction. Or if I need to unlink it and relink it to one different it won't let me. It categorizes it as another transaction instead of just having it be a photo that can be attached to something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Concur is a great tool to use for expense management in the workforce. It is pretty user friendly.

We use this for travel and expense management at our company. It is great for itemizing everything and syncing with the credit card to automatically load them as a transaction. I'm sure on the accounting side that concur is very useful on the backend for paying off cards and pulling reports.

Amanda S.

"Great option for travel and expense"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a mobile app and a PC app. I'm able to take pictures of receipts and create a new expense while I'm still at the restaurant. I can take pictures of receipts and store them in the app so I can refer to it later.

I love e-receipts. I don't have to worry about spilling coffee on a folio?! Yes please.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. I don't like how old reports are stored. I think there should be an easier way to access them. I also don't like how some air fares don't display. I can be looking at the Southwest website and my options in Concur and see more options on Southwest. Those are small gripes, though. I really like this software.

I travel a lot for work, so having one piece of software that lets me manage expense reports and book travel solves problems with confusion.

Natalia F.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like being able to book all of my travel and manage my expenses in the same program.

Concur makes reserving easy and simple by having an interface similar to many booking engines people use to book leisure travel on a regular basis.

I also like how I can load my travel card into Concur and it will automatically load the expenses, sometimes including receipts, when I use my card.

I also like that you can set up delegates. As an assistant, I can book travel for my faculty without asking them for private information needed by the TSA, such as birth date.

Overall, Concur simplifies the corporate travel and expense process.

What do you dislike?

Being required to choose from a drop-down menu is frustrating and slows me down. If I'm booking from Pittsburgh to Orlando, I should just be able to put PIT to MCO, but I have to type Orlando. Also, sometimes it's been glitchy and the airports wouldn't load, so I had to wait and book travel the following day, causing me to pay over $50 more in airfare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to get to know the product and make note of any difficulties or suggestions you may have. Concur is extremely flexible based on what clients want and can be set up, to a certain extent, based on users' preferences. Be sure to speak up if a feature gives you difficulty, more often than not it'll be something that can be adapted to improve efficiency.

The main benefit is enabling employees to book their own airfare, and then submitting their expenses in the same program. It gives more freedom to the employee, while streamlining expense processes. Prior to Concur we had to contact our travel agent, even for basic domestic trips, and it was a bit taxing.

Marielle S.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. I use this for multiple people in our office to log all their credit card expenses and it is easy to switch from one person's account to the to the other.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it doesn't always save the work I did. I've had issues with categorizing a payment and then looking back at what was submitted and it not being what I categorized it under. I have also had issues before with it wanting to continuously link a receipt to a transaction that it was not supposed to be linked to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great way to log expenses and categorize them. I would definitely recommend this for people in who use this for their company or just on their own.

We use this for all of amex expenses for tracking purposes. Some of the users also use it when booking travel for work so it's all in one system.

Erika O.

"Simple way for me to track my travel and spending"

What do you like best?

This is an easy way for me to book and track personal and business travel through my company. It aggregates my receipts, helping to generate my expense reimbursement. The approval process is smoother than the paper signatures and intercampus mail option we used to use.

What do you dislike?

Initial use was very confusing, and training was of little help. Through practice, the processes in the program became more simple, but initially, it did not feel user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have never had a system to manage travel and expenses, this is a great product to streamline the processes you may already have in place. The collection or ability to book and manage travel, as well as generate approvals and expense reimbursement documents, makes this ideal, especially when working with traveling professors, who like the ability to manage everything through their cellphone.

This is much easier to track receipts and expenses than before. Before many people would loose receipts, or have issues with outside booked flight, and this keeps all the processes from booking to reimbursement together.

Raymond B.

"Bad ethics and old technology"

What do you like best?

The original Concur expenses app was good. However, it was replaced by the bad SAP Concur app which is far worse.

What do you dislike?

Many years ago Concur was a decent system. However, today they are probably the most expensive and worst system around. We were a client for a long time. However, this year there have been several changes forced upon all customers which made the company go downhill dramatically.

In May the app was replaced by something that very rarely scans the receipts correctly. This makes it almost unusable. Then in August they changed their ACH to a a company outside of the US which has terrible reviews. Concur's response was to not use ACH but to pay the employees using cash rather than deposit.

This caused us to look at other options and Certify is by far the best. We have already switched.

When I alerted Concur to the fact that they broken our agreement by changing just about everything we bought in the beginning, we were told that regardless we must pay them for the next 90 days. Our legal team are getting involved because the SAP Client Success group, and now management care very little about their clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not. While the demo is good, the app has a LOT of issues today and they get you to sign into a contract that is very difficult to terminate.

Concur was for our company expenses, but today the service and software are inferior to almost everything out there.

Creig N.

"Easy to use on the fly"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using SAP Concur for over 3 years. The new system interfaces well with other SAP products and has been really intuitive in learning how to use. I love the mobility of the application making it easy for me to quickly snap a photo of a receipt and upload to the cloud. The smart match feature makes finding the correct image for each expense quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

The desktop interface is still a little clunky. Still very intuitive, but would like a little bit more robust of a GUI as a user. I also do have some issue from time to time with duplicate images being tagged to the same expense. the AI is pretty close to accurate but from time to time I do have to make some manual corrections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely download the Concur app. it makes keeping receipts a thing of the past and quickly and securely uploads the images to a cloud for use in reports.

I have found that my ability to quickly generate and submit a report has improved tenfold. I receive reminders when new expenses are on my travel and expense card and need to be attached to a report. Its streamlined our company's expense reporting process and rather than take hours to create and submit expense reports, I can compile it in a matter of minutes. It's freed me up to get back to doing the work that makes our company tick rather than wasting time sifting through receipts, looking for lost receipts, and trying to get the proper sign offs for payment.

Jennie D.

"Excellent App for Managing Expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile app the best for business travel. I am able to take photos of my expenses on the fly while I am traveling. This really comes in handy when you have small expenses in airports. On long business trips keeping up with paper receipts is sometimes painful and I am thrilled to have the option of utilizing the mobile app to upload my receipts.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is really anything that I dislike about the software. My dislike comes in having to manage the expenses at all, which is just a part of doing business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe this an industry leading solution for expense management and travel. I believe it has other great features as well. I would recommend this software without hesitation to any business struggling with expense management.

This software provides us with the ability to manage expenses. Additionally I use the travel component for finding the best deals which are approved by our company. It makes it really easy.

Zarina S.

"Great tool for work expenses!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Concur is it is very easy to use. I use it on the daily basis for expenses and invoices. It's a great tool for the collaborative work environment, I like that I can use it, my team members and my manager. I think what most employees like about the tool is the ability to submit all of their expenses to our accounting team for reimbursement and to have the ability to book travel very easily.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything in particular that I do not like about the tool, I think it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think when considering a tool like Concur I'd think about your primary use case, for us it makes sense because our employees travel a lot and they need to be able to book their travels easily and have the ability to submit any receipts for their travel expenses and for our accounting team to go in and be able to approve all the expenses easily and quickly.

Business problems that our company was trying to solve when using Concur is to have a tool for expense management, invoice management, and travel management. We are able to solve our our problems with this tool.

Molly F.

"Manage your Work Expenses Effectively"

What do you like best?

I use concur almost every day I come into the office. I love how there's two categories: expensing and invoicing (that my company mainly uses). Concur makes it easy for me to submit payments to my director in the most detailed way possible (I work for a nonprofit so our budgeting can get very specific as it's allotted to lots of different categories). I can easily track previous payments I've made through various search categories - invoice #, vendor name, payment title, etc. (to name a few). Could speak more highly of this program!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to my mind is under the expense tab, when you're going through and submitting an expense report, it's a bit difficult to itemize under one item in an expense report. You need to select an line item overview of the expense, but if the expense belongs in a lot of different categories, that's quite confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend for anybody that needs invoice and expense management for their company! It is truly the very best there is. I don't have to worry about my expenses or my invoices and where they're going / how they're being broken down. SAP Concur does that all for me!

Able to itemize literally every single thing that goes into the accounting system for budget purposes. Automatically helps us stay on track through a computerized system that I trust whole-heartedly and don't even have to think twice about. It's amazing!

Olivia W.

"Easy to use travel system"

What do you like best?

I love that this product has an app that allows you to take pictures of your receipts. No more holding on to receipts until you're back in the office to scan them on a machine and upload them! Also, I absolutely love the map feature that allows you to enter your starting point and destinations and automatically tracks your mileage. It also allows you to enter multiple destinations in one journey. This is so much easier than having to screen shot images of maps with routes on them.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about SAP Concur is that it will not allow you to submit expense reports with even minor errors. Small things that my supervisors would approve but conflict with the guide lines will prevent you from submitting reports which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend SAP Concur. It streamlines travel and expense reporting tremendously compared to older platforms.

We use SAP Concur for all travel at the college I work at. We use to to create expense reports for day trips, longer trips, conferences, meals, etc. It is a very easy system to use, with a lot of detail involved which allows for better tracking and improved organization.

Nalini S.

"Best way to track your expenses"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of Use - It is literally a no brainier to understand the usage of this tool for a non-technical person.

2) Mobile App - is very intuitive and makes it easy to take quick photos of the receipts and upload it.

3) Can book travel tickets directly.

4) Sends reminders to submit my pending claims.

5) Helps improve efficiency

6) Can call it nearly perfect!

What do you dislike?

Have been using this tool/app for last 1+ year and have not noticed any noticeable con. Works pretty smooth.

Submitting Receipts: Most tedious and boring task, since the approval time is limited in our organization. By having a SAP Concur mobile app, I can directly take the photos of the receipts and upload it. By the time I am out of the restaurant, my claim is already submitted! Can't get better than this.

Emily S.

"Gets the job done, not the most user-friendly experience"

What do you like best?

SAP Concur is efficient for uploading receipts and organizing expense reports. It is easier to organize all relevant receipts under one specific report.

What do you dislike?

The travel features of SAP Concur are my least favorite. You can often find less expensive flights on other databases. Additionally, when creating expense reports, the categories for different expenses are very limiting. I'm not always sure how to categorize my expenses. It is not the most user-friendly platform, and I find it to be confusing and aesthetically displeasing.

I submit my expense reports and book travel through SAP Concur, but I don't think it's the best system out there. I feel as though the travel booking feature is very inefficient. I can very easily find less expensive flights on other platforms, such as Google Flights.

Ted D.

"Poor software and worse support"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of receipts with the app usually works

What do you dislike?

70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain. Generally a clunky and inefficient UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run! Run, far away.

Travel and expenses - as a user it's 100% a train wreck, new problems and nothing solved. 70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain.

"Meets needs. not user friendly"

What do you like best?

that it meets the requirements of my needs, my companies needs, and the needs of others that I work with. I can use it, my boss can use it, my colleagues can use it, and we can all use it as needed. More about what I like? Okay, well I like that it can get the job done. Really. It's quite reliable. In fact, if you find a better expense management solution, let me know. I'd be curious to know. I also like that is has an app. I can use the app to take pictures of receipts that contain the details of expenses I have. It's quite nifty. I recommend trying the app if you get this solution.

What do you dislike?

it is not very user friendly. for example, there are a lot of errors that will occur. it will auto-populate a name for the report with characters that are not allowed in the title field. I think the characters that are not allowed are parentheses and or slashes. Basically, it will auto-populate the title field with text like "Expense Report for (9/18)" or something like that when I go to the new expense report page and so the page immediately starts with several errors. It is quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend seeing if you can find a different solution that is more user friendly than SAP Concur

there is a need for a solution to manages expenses.

julianna j.

"Easy to Use and upload reciepts and calculate mileage"

What do you like best?

I like the mileage feature. You can type the address and then the next destination and it tells you the exact distance in miles. Also uploading receipts are really easy to upload and attach to the expense report.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike once I got used to the program. I did have an issue once where I tried to copy a expense because I couldn't figure out how to delete it and it the originally didn't really delete and my supervisor received both expense reports and had to call me in his office to ask why I was trying to expense something twice. Obviously it was a misunderstanding of the program and one of the first times I ever used it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

have someone knowledgeable walk you thru set up!

being able to easily expense travel expenses like mileage, food and entertainment for clients at the click of a button is a complete time saver! They even have an app so it makes the same ease available at your fingertips if you aren't in the office!

Robyn M.
View Original July 13, 2017

"User friendly- Some technical glitches"

What do you like best?

The site and mobile app are both very easy to use and navigate. Submitting expense reports is made very simple as long as you use your laptop.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes gets confusing for managers when doing group meals. It is difficult on the mobile app to see what charges have actually posted to your credit card. On the laptop you can easily the orange credit card logo to be sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is user friendly as long as you have some training on how to properly use it. We have a bunch of training guidelines made up for new users as it can get confusing in some parts.

Controlling expenses in our entire company. The reports get reviewed by 3 people before submitted for final approval which is great. The final approval is through accounting before it gets paid.

Ashley C.

"Powerful solution does the job and user experience continues to improve"

What do you like best?

Concur isn't behind the times when it comes to categories and capability for expense reports. So many solutions are limiting or non-specific, and you end up submitting a report with more expenses labelled "other" than anything else. I like that I can store receipts and expenses even before I'm ready to submit, which makes the process much easier.

I like that it flags exceptions but doesn't keep me from submitting when something looks wrong. That way, if I know something the software doesn't about my company policy, I can still submit.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky at times, and you do have to spend a little time in there identifying how all the pieces work together before you actually build a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely the most robust solution I've used.

Expense reports, travel management.

Cal T.

"Does a great job of managing your travel - but doesn't provide ALL the options on flights."

What do you like best?

I like that if I cancel a trip it cancels all my reservations regarding that trip - so one button to cancel equals several buttons to cancel all aspects of the trip.

It does a great job with Itinerary Management and Trip Notifications. I can easily put these on my calendar and the reminders are excellent.

In one case I ended up in the hospital and had to cancel a trip. Their travel agent got my ticket reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can find more flight options by going to the carrier. I think that if a flight is offered Concur should show that to me. (What there is no commission for that flight? To bad, show it to me anyway. I've taken several screen shots where this is the case and sent them in. I think their commissions are too important to "give away" flights. Again, to bad, that is why we PAY for Concur.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There might be some other less expensive products, but this is easy to use and does a great job matching travel with expenses.

Problem: Keeping track of all the travel and associating it with expenses.

Benefits: Less time pulling the two together.

Problem: Keeping employees on top of their travel

Benefit: The itinerary management and the mobil app Trip It does a great job of organizing trips and notifying users of what is next on the itineraray. Any updates by the airlines are also passed on. Great one stop shop for travel.

Glynis M.

"SIMPLE EXPENSE MANAGEMENT"

What do you like best?

I like Concur because it makes my management of expenses very easy. You can access it via your web browser or on the app that you install on your phone. It makes my business life easier by having all receipts, travel itineraries and expenses in one place. It reduces the amount of time spent on approving expenses since everything is online. Concur is an absolute great product!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I don't like, however, I would like to be able to change allocations within the approval process without having our Accounting department do them for me. That would make things alot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you use Concur you won't be able to imagine your life without it!

We are able to track expenses without paper! Concur allows us to view and manage the travel of our volunteers where many staff can have access. Concur gives me the flexibility of training my volunteer users or providing them with web links that provide training. If I do the training, I am able to do so quickly and easily. Concur is also perfect for the novice computer user because everything is so simplified. With the use of Concur, our company had reduced the cost of the time in which it takes to process each expense reimbursement and now our volunteers are able to log into Concur and schedule their own travel which saves staff alot of time. Approvals used to take approximately 20 minutes per expense reimbursement now that time has been shaved down to 10 minutes per expense reimbursement. All staff has at one point raved about how convienent and useful Concur is. We are also able to track how much each volunteer us spending per trip or for an entire group of volunteers. It is a tool that now we can't imagine living without. It also allows staff to devote their time to other projects.

Cristina B.

"Not user friendly, I've used better"

What do you like best?

I like that it shows the open tasks / reports on the font page, so that makes it easy to find them. I also like the trip search function because it's very similar to the ones I use outside of work, when I book my personal traveling.

What do you dislike?

When submitting expenses, it's painful to say the least. It doesn't populate the flights you booked automatically, you have to manually correct the fields (departure and destination cities and even the flight times!). Also when submitting expenses, you keep getting error messages and finding out what those errors are and how you can correct them, I've had to ask colleagues of mine who had used Concur, as there was no easy way to figure it out myself.

Booking travels and submitting expenses.

Prashant D.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

Nice workflow of approval which can be configured up to any next level. Automatic update of e-receipts from multiple vendors. Easy to import report pdf any time of an approved or pending report. Get flight updates on mobile and also the option to get the itinerary online as soon as ticket books. Nice categorization of multiple expenses like Air, bus, car rental, hotel etc at one place.

What do you dislike?

Concur is well known tool but i feel it need to modify it's profile screen which is very dense and things look unclear at times on profile screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great too and i recommend it for all travel expenses related task to handle it effectively.

Travel expenses related tasks.. Concur automates the multiple tasks at one place to better handle and get reporting of expenses.

Chris I.

"Very Easy Expense Management"

What do you like best?

The mobile app for Concur makes keeping track of my business expenses very easy. I can even snap a picture of the receipts to have the uploaded instantly. I can add items to my report as they occurr and not have to worry about building a report afterwards. It is very clear where the reports will go for approval and also shows exactly where the submitted reports are in the approval pipeline. I receive my reimbursements within 2 days as a direct deposit and have very little hassle with this tool. Our corporate credit cards also integrate to have every purchase automatically load in Concur as an expense. This makes it very easy to create the report and only have to worry about the classification and receipt image.

What do you dislike?

The login procedure to get the mobile app working is difficult at first as it looks for a different password than you use on the main site. You first need to sign into the desktop site and create a mobile pin to use for the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We pay a fee for every expense report submitted, so its best to add all expenses into one report to send.

Expense tracking, receipt uploads. Expense reimbursements.

Zoe N.

"Concur makes managing travel expenses easier"

What do you like best?

This software is a process optimizer. For anyone who travels for work and is required to save their receipts on charges associated with their company card, this platform and app is the way to go. With the app, all you have to do is take a photo of the receipt on your phone through the app and it automatically uploads it to your concur account, which makes processing easier and eliminates the risk of losing the receipt with no back-up.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing to use at times if you're not 100% familiar with it. It was impossible for me to search and find a help page for processing deposit vouchers, but I eventually found it on my own. Would have been nice to be able to search "deposit voucher" on the site and have something come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be helpful to have a few more video tutorials on the aspects of the site not covered in the current tutorials. Or better yet, having a digital "how to" that walks you into the processes, screen by screen, while simultaneously directing you to the next step.

Travel expense processing, reimbursements, process optimization.

Jacqueline W.

"Great for Company Travel!"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an app. It is much easier to upload pictures straight from your phone instead of having to send them to an email, save them and then upload them. I also really enjoy the feature that groups common items together as a trip such as hotels, flights and car rental.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to pay for personal expenses. I don't think that if you're going to pay for something yourself that you should be required to submit the expenses in a report still.

I am able to see where expenses are allocated. Instead of saying that I spent so much in one month, I am able to dig deeper and determine how much was spent on what. Also, it helps break down if something was bought as apart of a budget or as a business expense.

Michael H.

"Concur helps my business expense reporting"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features from SAP Concur is the mobile phone app. I have an iPhone and I use the app to take photos of my receipts. The best part is that the saved receipts automatically match the receipt with the expense from my corporate credit card.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike while using SAP concur on the computer, is that there are unnecessary tabs and pages for organizing everything. I sometimes get lost while trying to navigate the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the mobile phone app!

SAP concur helps me solve organizing and reporting my business expenses (mainly for business travel). The most beneficial thing is how much time I save buy using it. As I mentioned in the question above, the app's ability to take receipt photos and match them to corporate card expenses is very helpful.

Veronica D.

"Okay product but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of having all of our travel and expense information in one place. It makes it easier for my sales team to go in and submit expenses as well as have their travel confirmation all in one place

What do you dislike?

Several things:

1- Sometimes an airfare is no longer valid. Several times, within seconds of looking it up and then hitting the "purchase" button, I have gotten an error message for that airfare, even though the old price still shows up when searching for it.

2- Some of the things I was promised when we signed up for Concur Expense was not fulfilled. For example, the owner of the company should not need to have his expense reports approved. Yet, I am unable to submit his expense reports through Concur because there's no one assigned to approve it and I can't approve it since I'm the one submitting it. When we signed up, we were told this would be unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the software is compatible with other accounting software. For us, we use a particular accounting software that we found out later Concur was not compatible with for some of our companies.

Benefits are the ability of having all the information consolidated in one place (as far as travel and expenses) so it works well for most of my team (except the owners)

Rafael A.

"Great expense tracking service"

What do you like best?

This program allows employees such as myself to keep track of my company related expenses as well as submit them for reimbursement upon approval from my superior. I like the mobile application the best because it allows me to take pictures of my receipts and submit them on the go, preventing me from forgetting to do it later on.

What do you dislike?

I feel the application is sometimes a bit redundant. There are a couple of different ways to do things, which can be confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend companies who are looking for an expense tracking software to try SAP Concur first.

SAP Concur allows the company to improve its expense tracking and reporting for employees and employers alike.

Learn more about SAP Concur

SAP Concur Videos

Learning about SAP Concur?

* We monitor all SAP Concur reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0