isolved Reviews & Product Details

isolved Overview

What is isolved?

isolved is an employee experience leader, providing intuitive, people-first HCM technology. Our solutions are delivered directly or through our partner network to more than five million employees and 145,000 employers — who use them every day to boost performance, increase productivity, and accelerate results while reducing risk. Our HCM platform, isolved People Cloud, seamlessly connects and manages the employee journey across talent management, HR & payroll, workforce management and engagement management functions. No matter the industry, we help high-growth organizations employ, enable and empower their workforce by transforming employee experience for a better today and a better tomorrow. For more information, visit www.isolvedhcm.com.

isolved Details

isolved HCM is an industry-leading human capital management technology company that brings together the key workforce functions in one robust, easy-to-use platform, isolved. isolved, now with Mojo, makes it easy for teams to build connections and unleash innovation. The HCM platform manages all mission-critical functions, including payroll, HR, time & attendance, and benefits, delivered from a single application. Built-in tools and features included with Mojo, boost engagement, collaboration, and performance, including 360 reviews, surveys, goals, and praise/share idea feeds.

isolved is simple to use, yet incorporates powerful technology. It transforms your company, helping to deliver a better work life and get the employee mojo going. The robust HCM platform unifies payroll, HR, time tracking, and benefits in a single solution for a better user experience.

isolved can scale with your company as it grows, which means you won't outgrow the platform. It's also available with additional features, including talent acquisition and onboarding, compliance, managed benefits, advanced reporting and analytics, learning management, and more.

No matter what challenge you face, isolved is the solution that can help you solve it.

isolved HCM

isolved Reviews

Showing 181 isolved reviews
Already have isolved?
Owner
What do you like best?

It's simple to navigate and process, and it integrates with my workers compensation insurance seamlessly. The support staff is always friendly and quick to respond to any questions or concerns I might have. They handle the taxes and reporting for me at a reasonable cost. The administrative interface is very robust, with great detail on reporting options. I have asked for flexibility on payroll submission times on several occasions and I've always been accommodated. They have been really helpful on issues relating to Covid-19, constantly providing updates on tax situations and creating custom reporting to help with the various situations that this year has brought. I plan on continuing with iSolved for as long as I run my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The paystubs could be a little more clear for the employees, they have to go to the second page to see their pay rate. Also would be nice to allow employees to create an account from their phones. Many of my employees don't have easy access to a computer or laptop, and they depend on their phones to use the internet. Creating a simpler way to start and access their iSolved accounts would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a payroll solution that would integrate with my insurance so I wouldn't have to make estimated payments. Isolved was the solution. I worked with a few other payroll companies in the past, and none were as easy to use and as eager to gain my business. I worked with some national brands as well as local companies and didn't get the service and quality customer service that I have with iSolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Their customer service is great! We have never had an issue with them. As a new business owner, they understood all the questions and concerned that I had. They took the time to answer all of my questions and are always offering more services. They work well with the State, which is where we get our funds from. I appreciate everything they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.

We have liked everything. Every one that we have encountered has been more than helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our payroll runs smoothly every time. Any time that we have had questions, they are quicks to respond and answer any questions we have. As a brand new business owner, this was extremely important to me because they took care of everything. They communicate well and frequently with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Manager
What do you like best?

I enjoy how everything can be integrated together, especially reports and ACA tracking. It makes payroll simple and easy. My employees like having access to their information at any time. The ease of accessing and printing paychecks and W2s has save me time over and over again. Also the ability to give supervisors control over their direct-reports helps save time for my Human Resource department. Managing time-off requests is a breeze and I can see all of my employees in one location. The built in reports give me the ability to track analytics from payroll to payroll and year to year. You can also custom create reports on your own, but I have utilized the customer service team any time that I need something unique for my organization. There is also a benefit enrollment tool which I haven't used at this time because our plan is administered in another way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is for employees to login based on the security measurements. The dual verification system makes it very secure, but my workforce has a hard time managing it and it adds to the workload of the HR department to help them out. Many companies would not have this problem because their workforce might be more accustomed to this process. I have not used the onboarding function or the social platform but I have done the Demo and it seem very user friendly and beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Non computer friendly employees have a hard time completing time-off requests. I have set up stations with simple instructions for those that continue to have problems. This is more of a demographic problem than an isovled problem. It does help me organize employees by department and category. It also makes administering benefits simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

There were many talented people at iSolved who were so helpful during our transition from in-house payroll to iSolved processing. They understood our needs and were accomodating to our specific requests. The transition was pretty painless and since then the customer service has been excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once hkpayroll sold to iSolved, some changes were made to customer service. I was given a new dedicated CSR. Problem resolution now involves a case number and an email letting you know your case was resolved...less personal than before. I understand that they want you to get help from whoever answers the phone, not just from your CSR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doing our payroll within Quickbooks required more manipulation of the data that was uploaded from our proprietary scheduling software. More manual manipulation of the data = more potential for errors. With iSolved, the payroll data that is uploaded from our scheduling software is completely accurate and requiring little to no manipulation. I just upload the data into iSolved, add any particulars not captured in the software (very few), review, and process. The whole process takes a fraction of the time it used to take. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The ability staff has to look up their paychecks and W2s. It is easy to process payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Finding reports. Not having someone I can just email with a question. Last few emails I sent where never answered. But if I call - there is always someone who can help. I had a great representative assigned to my account and she has always available for me and answered my emails. She let me know when she left and there's been no one as helpful as her since she left.

I really don't like that when a staff member has a problem, I have to be the only one they will speak with. I don't always have the time to be the go between, when speaking with the staff member to help them - mostly the staff that are not computer literate - would take less time.

Makes me feel like this is a big company with poor customer service. They lack the personal touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I prefer asking questions through email, but have come to realize that the best way is to call. Benefits is that I can process payroll remotely instead of having to be in my office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

iSolved works with Sage Time for a simple and thorough payroll process from time management to tax filing and reports on our behalf. Allows us to focus on business needs and not be bogged down with administrative tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Employees have difficulty maneuvering the site and finding what they need. Some tasks are just easier if someone in admin provides the employee with their request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

iSolved offers many customizable options. Be sure to communicate thoroughly with the transition specialist to be sure all areas of service are covered. The customer service reps are very knowledgeable, professional, and easy to communicate with. They are quick to help resolve any issues or implement new procedures as we need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tax collection and submission. Due to coronavirus and new legislation, it is very beneficial to have experts maintaining our data and submitting pertinent information on our behalf to stay compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

P
What do you like best?

Having everything in one place. Time cards and payroll all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not always sync with benefits portion or 401 plans. I have to manually add it . This is frustrating when employees ask why a certain amount was not deducted for 401 plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you need to have a centralized place for time cards and payroll this is the best option I've worked with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easy keeping track of time cards. I used to have to use another software then manually calculate hours and overtime. iSolved has made this a simpler process for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resourse
What do you like best?

Have the ability to make changes on the fly, auto save is my best line of saving information, especially when submitting payroll.

iSolved is great in every area, customer service is top of the line, they respond within minutes when sending an email, or leaving a message over the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, all works well, no need to add anything negative, because there isn't anything wrong... Love iSolved, it work perfectly for our employees and staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the change, it'll make payroll, reporting, audits and everything else so much easier...

iSolved has solved a lot of problems and has made my life more efficient...

Reports are ease to download, saves so much time... iSolved Rocks... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employees can make their own corrections, gives me time to work on other things.

iSolved punch in system is the best, adding Geo-fence was a great help too... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Ease of use and setup. My employees can check their deductions, pay stubs, change direct deposit, and withholding information. The time I spend on payroll is a fraction of what I would spend with my other payroll companies. I can create custom reports based on what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of details required when you on-board a new hire, I wish that I could turn some of those off so I don't have to see those details every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've had 5 payroll companies over the years. Isolved is the best I've ever used. From customizing reports and responsiveness of support tickets, they take care of all the issues that I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me time to have my employees be able to download paystubs and update their information without having to go through me. My employees can manage all of their payroll details on their own without having to involve me. If they want to change their checking account information they can do that on their own. They can also change the allocation of their direct deposits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Management Consultant
What do you like best?

iSolved is very responsive to my questions and quickly guides me to solutions that I need for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about iSolved or the implementation process itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

iSolved delivers on what they promise. Easy implementation and very intuitive format for straightforward payroll processing and human resources management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

iSolved has allowed me to process payroll more quickly with fewer quirks in the process. Reports are easily obtained and intuitive and employees enjoy the easy to use portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer Service. The quick turn around time on request and/or issues. The fact that everything in one place and I can add products as needed. Having time and attendance in conjunction with payroll and employee having direct access to payroll information is a tremendous time saver for me. No more paper copies required for any reports as they are all in the system kept nice and neat. And the information that can be pulled for all sort of reporting is a game changer. If it doesn't already exists it is easy enough to build your own reports. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I appreciated the turn around time on issues. I find that most of the problems/issues I have is with tax filing delay notices that I get quite often. However it is handled immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time. Time. Time. Less manpower required to accomplish tasks. Happy employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Majority of customer service contacts have been very knowledgeable. Love the onboarding/open enrollment for our benefits/ease of notifying employees of particular items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Response on tax issues. We have had quite a few since we have been iSolved, which we have not experienced with other payroll providers. For many, there had been no initial responses, leading to additional late fees/penalties and even liens on the business. Currently, have sent IRS notice in three days ago and have yet to hear back from anyone other than a case number. Seriously, it's an IRS notice.

Also, not crazy about not being able to get to some of the departments directly, such as tax, time/attendance, and benefits. Yes, can send an email in but response time is not the greatest at times. Called in this week regarding a time/attendance issues. No one could help me at the basic level. Tried to transfer me to another department and was disconnected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Please see above. Response to tax issues has been a HUGE problem. Also, was not happy for the increase in our fees within a year of coming on board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that iSolved integrates it all together. We have eliminated SO many duplicate tasks and software requirements. I love that it can integrate my benefit administration, it eliminates tons of paperwork and follow-up, and interactions with my providers. I love that it helps me make my employees take more action and responsibility in their own benefit election and set up. Oh, and did I mention how great it is that I can have people apply through iSolved Hire and ALL of their information transfers seamlessly over to our iSolved system for Onboarding and Time Tracking? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that is was set up to have pop out menus and windows so that I didn't have to navigate away from my current task in order to check other information in a different part of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was bogged down with benefit paperwork and follow-up. iSolved has streamlined by benefit enrollment process and eliminated so much extra paperwork. We have also opted for iSolved Hire and now do ALL of our hiring through that system. The review, interview and onboarding processes are so much simpler, and the integration saves so much time!

I was manually entering time and processing payroll, which I am now doing seamlessly in the iSolved system. Not to mention that they also file my tax reporting!

The reporting capabilities have been great, and we are also very interested in their training system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how well the payroll process flows. The ease of inputting payroll into ISolved has saved a lot of time. I also like how my employees can request time off through the ISolved Go app and I can approve it electronically (When it actually works!). I don't have to be tied to the office and if I am out of town it is just a click of a button. My employees also like that they can see their pay stubs once payroll has been posted even before the actual pay date to see what their check will be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, customer service, customer service. Did I say customer service? It is very frustrating when you have to call into the customer service department and every time you get an answer of I will have to get back with you on that or let me escalate that to a different department. Every time I turn around we have a new "contact" or a new "team" and we have to start the process all over again. There are also a LOT of problems with the ISolved Go app. It gives several of my employees connection errors and I have to be IT (which I am not) and fix the apps on their phones for them. Most of the technicians have no idea how to fix them. It is a constant battle each week. I just wish ISolved would have a direct line to who we need to talk to and not keep moving us around. Also, usually when dealing with payroll you usually need an answer right away because it is time sensitive and it will take days if not weeks to get an answer back to your questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us with our HR documents and keeping it streamlined. It has made us realize that we were not very organized before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR / Payroll Administrator
What do you like best?

The automation of certain aspects of payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Review reminders are sent to out too often and some things are more difficult to change because you have to change them in so many different spots. Directions could be more clear for setting certain things up, but our iSolved customer support rep (Kristen Hill) has been super helpful. Victoria Garrison too, during Kristen's absence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have questions or any confusion reach out to your customer success advisor. They are extremely helpful and identifying issues or resolving problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of entering reimbursements, bonuses, etc. is very nice when running payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

H R Manager
What do you like best?

Everything from the beginning working with the development team to today using the system and everything in between. We are very happy with this system and the ease of what we get from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, we haven't noticed any downsides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now they are working with me on solving a particular field feed for Everything Benefits to the Carrier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EC
What do you like best?

We started using isolved’s Time and Attendance platform for our admin pay group, and from the start, it helped to streamline our payroll and benefit process.

Additionally, our Strategic Relation Manager is a valuable feature and I think it was a great addition to the services that isolved offers its clients.

I look forward to a continued relationship with isolved in the future.’ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some downsides are the additional resources are pay per person which can get costly for needed features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefites that we see are time reduction in processing payroll; benefit enrollment for employees; Time and Attendance for our administrative group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Administrator
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to save HR documents to where Supervisors, Employees and HR have access to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Online instructions are not always helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to streamline payroll with benefits and it has allowed less data entry time. I have realized that I love the ability to store documents online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Really great for remote work. Simple clock in/out for employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The order of some of the rules is confusing. When entering a time of request, start time is always missed. Poor placement and not mandatory. Needs to sync with Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend iSolved to other users. The team is very helpful and once you learn the system it is very intuitive. Your employees will also enjoy the access to their information with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management for lunches and hour rules. Employees can track their PTO balances. Great for remote work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I have worked with iSolved over the years and throughout our partnership found iSolved to be top-of-class in customer services, responsiveness and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Employee Self-Service is not very user-friendly. I have many employees who call requesting access, unable to view their paystub information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use iSolved for our employee payroll and WOTC tax credit processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plant Manager
What do you like best?

They guided me step by step on how to use their payroll system when I moved from another payroll company. And they followed up with any other concerns very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like that the payroll takes 2 days to deposit when our old company took one day to process and deposit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll has become simplified and easier and faster to do since switching to them. They even have holiday reminders pop up when you login which is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President / Owner
What do you like best?

I find the software fairly user friendly. Isolve has been very accurate and timely. There has never been delays with our pay/paychecks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service was easy and seamless when I started with Isolved. It has now become slower and more challenging to get someone to help. Some of the help seems less knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems have only been with recent changes to customer service.

Benefits have been accurate reports and pay checks. Always timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The training we received enabled us to use the pieces of the program that we needed to transition to a better payroll service. Payroll processing is smooth and the reminders we receive to process payroll are great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll input is more accurate and mistakes are easily fixed. The ability to update employee demographics and banking information is a huge time saver for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They have a phenomenal library of reports. In addition, the report writer is easy to use if you'd like to create a custom report.

I appreciate that I can schedule pay increases for a future date.

The benefits team is excellent and makes open enrollment a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Before my list beings, I want to say that they seem to be developing new things often but they are lagging behind in features and functionality.

We we sold a not-fully-developed time/attendance scheduling product. This was very frustrating and I worked with multiple different people there to try to resolve for nearly a year, only to have to disable some functions because I simply could not train the entire staff on yet another work-around.

Their service team is hit or miss. When I call I usually get a resolution pretty fast, but if I submit a support ticket it could be days before I receive a response. Sometimes those responses are 'sorry, it's not possible' instead of a 'We don't have that ability but what are you looking to accomplish as there may be another way to get the information.'

The app constantly breaks on Android devices.

There is no distribution process for forms. For example, initiating a Disciplinary Action form would normally be done by the manager and send to the employee to acknowledge/comment before filing. Instead, the manager adds a note to the Employee's file and that's it. If you use forms, like Expense Reports, that's not possible either as their is no workflow for such a thing.

The University (their Help site) is thorough, but does not allow for customization to add your own training documents/videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a detailed outline of "required" and "would be nice" features for them to give you the availability and functionality details in either a proposal or written format. We believed we were getting what we were sold and the entire first year was spent battling them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On-boarding has definitely improved and having an integrated time, attendance, and payroll platform has cut my processing time by about 2 hours.

Their benefits administration team provides amazing service every time. During benefit enrollment they are a source of relief. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Paige La Fever of isolved

Hello Tracy, thank you for the review and we are sorry about your list of dislikes. We are going to be reaching out so we can assist you with those items. Thank you!

AC
What do you like best?

I like the integration with ISolved hire. This is extremely helpful and isolved along with hire has greatly improved our onboarding process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can not send out forms in bulk to a group of people. Unfortunately, the implementation team was very varied in their skills and setting up benefits and time and attendance was very challenging. Originally, the customer service model was lacking, it seems like they may be trying to change that, but we've had a lot of problems with certain processes that we did not have with our previous company. It seems there are many things the system can do, but we don't know how to use them all. It's nice they have the university, but that doesn't always work well in the flow of doing business. In addition, there are of course things we were told the system could do that it actually does not do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure, it's been a pretty mixed bag- a very difficult process, but I believe the product is good and the potential is there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information is in one place. Employee's can make changes to their accounts and information themselves. New hire paperwork is much easier to send out and then upload to the system. We now have carrier feeds in place which saves a lot of double work. Payroll is now submitted digitally and is more streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Paige La Fever of isolved

We are sorry you have experienced this. Please contact our support so we can assist you with this. Thank you!

Do you work for isolved?