ClickUp Reviews & Product Details

ClickUp Overview

What is ClickUp?

ClickUp is one app to replace them all. It's the future of work. More than just task management - ClickUp offers docs, reminders, goals, calendars, and even an inbox. Fully customizable, ClickUp works for every type of team, so all teams can use the same app to plan, organize, and collaborate. ClickUp’s core mission is to make the world more productive by removing friction caused by using so many different applications. Built for teams of all sizes and industries, ClickUp’s fully customizable and proprietary features make it a must-have for any teams that want to keep everything from design to development in one place. The platform allows deep modularity in the form of add-ons called ‘ClickApps’, allowing rich customization for each team individually. ClickUp allows you to create custom views that you can save and share with anyone and is packed full of proprietary features such as Assigned Comments, LineUp™, and Box view for unprecedented management of people. ClickUp’s flexibility, simplicity, and ease of use make it a leader in what's being called the 'next generation of work tools'.

ClickUp Details

ClickUp is an online tool for project management and work collaboration.

Teams waste so much time switching between tools—ClickUp's mission is to save people time by replacing those tools with one. Fully customizable, ClickUp works for every type of team, so all teams can use the same app to plan, organize, and collaborate. With tasks, docs, goals, and more, over 200,000+ teams use ClickUp to save one day every week. Unlike other tools, ClickUp scales with you—from a single power user to 10,000+ employee enterprise, ClickUp works for everyone.

ClickUp

Showing 2,302 reviews
Already have ClickUp?
President/CEO
Videographer
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to organize all my clients into spaces and their types of work into lists such as print design, web design, and administrative tasks. It is also wonderful to have a time tracking feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you need the highest account level to oversee time tracking for a workspace. We have a very small company and we want to see how many hours individuals put in to tasks, or even just spaces to make billing our clients easier and giving them estimates for future similar tasks. I would get unlimited for this feature, but with just a few members of our company it isn't worth all the additional features to go to the highest level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a small company that was unorganized with a high turn over rate with people getting sick with COVID. Each time we had to hand off a project things got a little lost. ClickUp has helped up to organize all our tasks, files, and assignees. So the next time we have someone new the onboarding process will go much smoother and quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Руководитель ИТ-проекта
What do you like best?

Mode " Everything" - I can see all tasks and their statuses by all my projects.

I can duplicate tasks between projects (lists).

Mirrored task - the same task for a few projects.

And it is a free system, but only for my current requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

5$ for the first plan is a little expensive :) Try to do it like Google - 1.99$ :)

I can't plan tasks for a quartal, only by days or for some month.

I can't duplicate a task for a few projects, only for one.

Very difficult UX/UI, it's a really huge problem for new users. It is really awful. You are already hiding a lot of settings, but it isn't enough. And I saw that you have no switch language, you are a single-language system with an interest in global expansion :) So the language problem is already actual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nope Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Command work in it-development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The feature-set and pricing is very competetive.

The system works great whether you are working as a single user to track your own tasks or as a project manager assigning and delegating tasks to other members of your team.

Fairly Intuitive UI, only has a minor learning curve.

Actually listens to the users through an open, crowd-sourced bug and feature-requests system. They also send out frequent emails (if you check a box) with updates on the statuses of those features.

Per-task Time-tracking works even if you are offline and reconciles with the live server as soon as you reconnect.

They have rolled out desktop and mobile applications, so you don't have to worry about web browser interfaces cluttering the ClickUp interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI, while fairly intuitive, is not a standard interface and could take some people (especially those deeply-rooted in another system) some time to get used to.

Price *has* gone up (very) slowly. This is understandable, and even as a new user to the platform I would still easily choose ClickUp over things like Teamwork, Zoho, and the others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of their trial and ask their support about flexible pricing options if you are just starting out -- they will probably throw you a bone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for a reasonably-priced task-management and organization system, and ClickUp has more than filled that need.

Actually utilizing time-tracking within the tasks has allowed me to make more informed decisions on everything from my productivity trends and scheduling to pricing of my business' services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project manager
What do you like best?

Its comprehensiveness (without being difficult to use), its usefulness for work management, its user friendly design and its fantastic customer support system (including tutorials, texts and communication with the friendly staff). I appreciate that information is coming to me slowly depending on how developed my skills in using ClickUp are. That's helping me improve without being overwhelming. I'm very happy I found this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning how to use everything I have at my disposal and I didn't find anything I don't like for now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would happily recommend ClickUp to other organisations managing multiple people and projects. After evaluating several work management platforms we have decided that ClickUp is best suited for our needs due to their user friendly design, usefulness and good customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is much easier to manage work especially when multiple people are involved. It is easier to track my own progress and the progress of other people involved and is very helpful in helping our employees remember smaller tasks especially those important to be completed before some other tasks can take place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Film Composer / Sound Designer / Sound Editor / Re-Recording Mixer
What do you like best?

ClickUp is the most feature-complete, bug-free, most well-conceived project management system out there.

And I'm saying this because we tried them all - and I seriously hate it when a project management system makes you work slower.

We migrated some data from Monday.com, but we had to rearrange things quite a bit, since ClickUp has a far superior way of dealing with statuses, lists, folders etc. The genius thing is that ClickUp can easily generate birds-eye views so the manager(s) can understand what the entire team is working on at a glance, while every team member can focus on specific areas.

But the most brilliant thing is perhaps that it integrates so extremely well with other products. We had it integrated with Slack, our internal bug reporting system, we can do time registration - and last, but not least, we can create documents in Google Docs-like style where team members can edit the same document at the same time WITHIN the app! That's a GAME CHANGER.

The keyboard shortcut feature is extremely well integrated with all the different aspects of the product. It lets you navigate and search extremely quickly. You can even create dashboards to get overviews, it has Gantt charts, timelines, calendars - and all these views are fully and easily customizable, so you can view just exactly the amount of data you need - for example filtered by labels, assignees, etc.

They even have options to let you define overall goals for the organization and track how well you're reaching them.

We're still discovering new features every day. I used it for a development sprint over the weekend and it blew my mind - already working much faster than before.

This will be a crucial tool for our whole team going forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of bugs or, minor annoyances, I discovered here and there where dragging/dropping a task in List mode is hard to make work intuitively, for example.

But we were able to work around all of these issues by switching to other views, we've reported them to the team, and got an immediate reply. There was nothing blocking our productivity, and the team seems focused on keeping on improving their product.

All in all the issues we've found are far less frequent than what we found in competing products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Sprint management

* Bug tracking

* Product roadmap

* Customer ideas

* It allows the manager to have a birds-eye view by seeing the progress of all projects, tasks, sprints etc., while allowing individual team members to focus on their respective areas

* It increases productivity without causing extra work (that's a major accomplishment for a project management system, actually)

* We can collaborate on documents within the app, tied to tasks (!!)

* Team coordination, discussions can be moved into ClickUp from Slack - and now we can find the information again, because the discussions are tied to tasks or projects.

- And by the way, we only started using this last week, but it's so intuitive and well designed that we just jumped straight on board with everything. It's been an amazing tool already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Youth and Family Co-ordinator
What do you like best?

I oversee 2 workgroups and there are lots of little administrative jobs that are easy to lose track of on any given day. Click up keeps all the tasks and projects in one place. I now have a digital copy of my to-do list. Saves having to write everything over and over each week. Lets me set due dates well in advance. Let me enter planning ideas ahead of events. Alerts keep me from forgetting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a daytimer/planner feature so I could see my day in a different view Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a ton of little things to take care of each day, week, month. This helps me stay on top and not lose track. Another co-worker uses ClickUp so we are able to share work matters for special projects. Saves me time each week not writing out a to-do list of the same tasks. Different views help to conceptualize upcoming events and tasks. Keeping all my notes in one digital place means no more lost post-it notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product & Product Marketing Lead
What do you like best?

The massive amounts of customizable options. I've been able to test different approaches and work flows to find what works for me and my team. Other platforms often seem to have an approach of 'we figured it out for you' and limit options to help guide you. Which is fine for some, but none have ever kept me engaged. ClickUp has given me enough flexibility so I can organize and contain my wide range of services with a digestible work flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. It simply works great for my use which is Marketing, Graphic Design, Project Management, Web Production, Content Creation, Product Management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customizing the statuses for different projects has helped us be more transparent of the process with freelancers and clients. Choosing between various difference views (Kanban, list, tables, etc) for different freelancers and clients has helped everyone be able to adapt easily to project management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In ClickUp, they do listen to feedback, rapidly improve, and deliver features that work. The mobile app has recently immensely improved which now makes my life even easier.

The tool in incredibly versatile, and allows all different views for tracking your progress. In my opinion, this is a game changer. The transparency of work is just awesome: I can seamlessly switch between list and board views, I can search and filter out tags and statuses. If I need to focus on deadlines, I change the view to know what's next. I can also easily manage the WIP, delegate tasks, comment on tasks and track progress. I like that ClickUp can be connected to Toggle so our time tracking just works and we know exactly where we devote our time.

Lastly, I love the daily notification sent to my email which lists the main tasks of the day. This helps me to just focus on the right things first thing in the morning and just deliver what I need to deliver without stress and always on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Documents still need some work (OK, I'm just complaining here) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I've started using ClickUp, Work Management is no longer a chore. It is simply great fun! I've gained a lot of new insights, great tracking of anything I'm pursuing, and a tool that enables me to have everything nicely interconnected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was easier than I thought or feared. Looking at the FAQs and implementation videos, it looked horrendous and I thought I could not use ClickUp. However, I gritted my teeth and just jumped in and tried populating my tasks, strategy and lists and the interface helped me along as I worked on it. I loved the fact that there was a Customer Support Champion cheering me on the way (that's you Katie) and this helped. What I liked was it easier than I feared and the layout made sense. If one had worked on project or work management before, it should come easily. Even if one had not the background of project management, ClickUp boils it down to the basic elements which is the list of things to be done.

For this, ClickUp has an array of views, tracking methods and the ability to link documents with your task. To top it all, it has dashboards and notifications which allows us to do almost everything on a single website. This brings it around to the fact most of what we want to achieve can be done on a simple, single website.

Additionally, there is the mobile app that although simple looking, it shows us enough for us to be effective at tracking work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The screen looked a bit busy and intimidating. I had always felt that I was missing something or not doing everything. In reality, ClickUp can accept as little or as much information one wishes to add. It expands as you grow.

The new mobile app also looks a little simple and one needs to log into the website in order to do everything else the mobile app can't do. But I suppose its because its still new and will improve in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and you'd be surprised. In the age where most apps do one thing well, this app, seems to aggregate all the good things from other apps and it does it well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving work management and strategic planning issues. What's fantastic are the various views they afford you, from the List view, to Timeline and Gantt charts as well as Mind Maps. They served me well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can set up ClickUp to work for me and how I want it done. Being able to see a dashboard or a list is great and gives me the ability to see both where my business is going and still drill down and see the detail. I know that nothing will get lost.

The templates feature allows me to get standardization for tasks and quickly onboard others which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The number of options is great, but I know I'll never know all of the program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't had any problems - the new version of the app is a big improvement and I like the timeline for adding features. I have been able to get rid of multiple apps which I was using to do the same thing as ClickUp. This means less chance of missing information and everything I need is right there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* different views (especially the calendar one) - any changes in any of the views are reflected in the other, each person can have their own view as per their ease of the same tasks

* subtask-task-list-folder-space architecture - this keeps the project more organised than ever

* public sharing of views, with with feature anyone can track the progress of the project, useful for opensource projects

* github integration is just wow - no need to track which task is associated with which issue, it automatically does that by just mentioning the taskID

* email integration - got an email regarding production bugs? just click on that little icon to create task on clickup automatically.

* random thoughts? - use notepad, or mindmap (paid version)

* task dependencies - much easier to decide which task i have to start with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* android app seems not so user friendly.. but as i can see new app is already live, so expectations are high.

* no personal messages apart from chat views, or google chat integration so i dont have to leave clickup to message someone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

just use it, its worth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* managing tasks efficiently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the concept, the way tasks are organized, I love the idea of Inbox and Notifications. It's a really well thought system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mobile, even with the new iOS app, is abysmal. I do lots of organization work with and iPad Pro and both the old app, the new app and the website are pretty much unusable. I'm really looking forward for an improvement here.

Another item I'd love improved are Documents. The editor itself is great but being constrained to only having them as a view, and only inside lists, is not ideal. I know there's a global Documents tab, but it's pretty useless. What I want is, in addition of project or task-related docs, having a Wiki section where my organization can store general documentation nicely.

Also, finally, on the API, it's sort of lacking. We'd really love this improved :). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm being able to organize my whole company workflow with it. We are a small agency but we work with tons of clients. Keeping it all together is hard, and ClickUp has been a great fit here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the number of views and and elements that can be added to assist in the project management.

I also like the collaboration and ability to share with specific people or the entire workspace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes the webpage crashes.

2. I have to turn auto-save in every folder, list, and workspace. I wish you have the ability to make auto-save by default for all lists, folders, spaces, and workspaces.

3. Sometimes there is a lag between when I make the change and when it's save. And this sometimes lead to data loss. A status update that says all changes are updated to drive will be helpful to know whether the changes have synced with the cloud server.

4. I wish you have the ability to undo and redo everything from adding tasks and subtasks to checklists and comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Keeping the project alive

2. Assigning tasks

3. Assigning start dates and deadlines

4. Checking the project progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.