Stripe Connect

Stripe offers solutions for web and mobile payments that are built for developers. Stripe provides a set of unified APIs and tools that instantly enable businesses to accept and manage online payments.

Work for Stripe Connect?

Learning about Stripe Connect?

Stripe Connect Reviews

Showing 163 Stripe Connect reviews
Stripe Connect review by David Antonio O.
David Antonio O.

"Stripe is an elegant online payment management platform"

What do you like best?

Stripe provides us with a good technical infrastructure, with which we can feel more secure in terms of preventing bank fraud. This payment system is quite easy to use, and it is quite good to integrate with Shopify. It has an excellent display in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

We do not like your UI toolkit, nor that you have so few options of Gateway payment compared to other payment management platforms. It does not offer such detailed financial reports, and its interface is quite old-fashioned on mobile devices. Your collaboration notes are not really that useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend the use of stripe to small businesses. We recommend attaching debit cards to the account, so that it is easier to withdraw the money from the platform. Your radar application is very good, we recommend it. Stripe has been able to please us, and we are satisfied using it.

We had difficulties in our handling of invoices. Stripe has solved this by providing a large number of templates for invoices, which are conveniently customizable. Something quite beneficial is that it is compatible with bitcoin, which is very useful nowadays.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Stripe Connect
Stripe Connect review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Stripe is an attractive online payment manager"

What do you like best?

We are fascinated by the ability to apply mobile payments from the comfort of any site, but if this is already common, Stripe takes it to another level by being compatible with cryptocurrencies and by allowing ACH Check transactions. Its interface is very comfortable, so it provides a good experience.

What do you dislike?

We do not like that stripe does not allow to administer gift card in an automated way. It does not offer handling of electronic signatures, which ends up being a bit limiting when it comes to acquiring certain services online. As far as invoices are concerned, stripe is quite limited, as it offers almost no customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend stripe because it has greatly facilitated our handling of payments and receipt of profits. Without a doubt, stripe is perfect for all kinds of online stores, the Marketplace "on demand" and collective financing platforms.

Before we started using Stripe, we had a lot of difficulties with the application of roles and permits for the payments of our employees, because now we can delegate a member of the team and take care of that. It also cost us to get a platform whose API will integrate well with all our clients.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Stripe Connect review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Our sales team is satisfied with Stripe. "

What do you like best?

It's enough to manage our online payments, and to create backups of our store information. Your tool for sending invoices to our customers is easy to customize in terms of privacy options. It is so easy to manage our products: they are divided into goods and services, and offer very specific parameters for the creation of each of them. Its API tool allows you to add an ID to each product and then add plans. This has been too useful.

What do you dislike?

The stripe tool to create workflows for invoices is confusing. After each invoice is finalized, it can not be re-edited, which is limiting if a final change is required. Its handling for billing cycles is not flexible without the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would have liked to know a little more about the roles and permits for teams. But it really is software that we would recommend.

Excellent for managing online stores. Stripe offers a consolidated financial reporting system, and the ability to unify payments in a secure manner. The Open-source plugin for Stripe is easy to manipulate. From what we have seen it is quite simple to limit the access of the different members of our team to block access to private information.

Stripe Connect review by Jessica H.
Jessica H.

"With Stripe there will never be any problems with payments"

What do you like best?

We like the possibility of being able to work with JavaScript, and that the payment forms can be customized. It is a secure platform that shows excellent integration capabilities with external services such as freshbooks. Stripe shows a business model based on recurring payments. It is quite interesting

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit insecure when it comes to information encryption. It does not offer the client the possibility of handling gift cards, nor of being able to print the receipts. Its ACH transaction check system is quite limiting for the user. We do not like the quality of technical support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is recommended for the onboarding application, and to keep up with payment reminders, since the platform usually sends delays notices. It is highly recommended for the optimization of customer life cycles, and to run on mobile devices

We had problems to get a payment process platform that would allow us to manage debit cards online (stripe allows this) and compatible with bitcoin. Creating job reports has never been as simple as it is with stripe

Stripe Connect review by Liv B.
Liv B.

"Online payment management is a piece of cake with Stripe"

What do you like best?

Stripe offers excellent fully customizable tools oriented towards the UI, (stripe elements, for example). It is easy to create our personalized payment forms, and focus on onboarding. We like the design of the payment stack. It's good to work with JavaScript

What do you dislike?

We do not like their integrations to change billing models. Its interface is old and its business model based on the implementation of recurring payments does not work. We do not like the constant reminders of payments and delays

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend stripe because it is easily applied to machine learning algorithms, and it is perfect for optimizing customer cycles. We recommend stripe to those who are looking for a good SDK for mobile devices with billing capabilities

It benefits us because now it is much simpler for us to be able to make standard reports in specific periods of time, and the cybersecurity of our information has improved a lot. We needed a platform that would offer us a solid integration with freshbooks, and stripe provided us with this

Stripe Connect review by Gabriela L.
Gabriela L.

"Stripe is very powerful for e-commerce"

What do you like best?

The Stripe radar tool is detailed and very easy to use. It is good for managing orders, and its API tool is amazing and easy to integrate with other platforms. It allows you to send invoices and it is easy to manage the incomes

What do you dislike?

The analytics system that Stripe implements is complicated to use and understand, and is very un-customizable. Your Dashboard is too simple, because the few options that it shows (analytics, payments, etc.) show them in a too summarized way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is recommended to all those who want to manage their businesses via internet. Its APIs tools are excellently designed for subscription services, or Marketplace "on demand" and that in this way the product can be offered in the best possible way

Stripe has helped us enormously to accept recurring payments and start a stable online store. It has also helped us with the prevention of fraud, the creation of backups and the receipt and administration of online payments.

Stripe Connect review by Melanie T.
Melanie T.

"Stripe is useful for creating and expanding business models"

What do you like best?

We love that Stripe allows such solid and scalable integrations with payment platforms. All stripe libraries are available in all languages, from Ruby to Go. Its cloud-based infrastructure is very stable and powerful

What do you dislike?

It does not offer sufficiently consolidated reports, and its account integration is very slow. Their system of roles and permits is a bit limiting, and the Enterprise plan is quite expensive. Its integration with platforms such as Visa Checkout and Masterpass is poor

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend stripe mainly for the management of online payments due to its low complexity and because it offers to work a payment model periodically. We recommend exploring the Sprite tool called "Terminal"

Stripe has helped us a lot with the prevention of possible fraud and bank management. It has helped us with receiving online payments safely in our business, and with optimizing our profits.

Stripe Connect review by John S.
John S.

"Awesome if you like to code"

What do you like best?

Just recently Stripe enabled invoicing, which is what I was needing. I like how easy it is to sign folks up to subscriptions (we are a SaaS biz), and manage accounts. Slack integration is nice too. Also, Stripe has alot of integrations.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is really minimal -- not sure why there isn't better charting capabilities. I don't think their subscription support is great either -- not quite flexible enough and I find myself having to develop too many discount codes. There's just alot of manual work to set up. Also, this is useless if you don't know how to code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really look at the kinds of subscriptions you are offering and the work you need to do in setting Stripe up. Also, if you are looking for custom invoices with nice branding etc, you will need to integrate with a 3rd party software.

Subscription registration, billing and payments. I am finally able to send one-off invoices.

Stripe Connect review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Very easy to use and I really like the options!"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use as well as the ability to have data right at my fingertips for all financial areas of my online business. We love using the subscription options and the ability to process payments on a scheduled basis is great! I also love how easy it is to use the API keys and integrate this payment processor to our websites.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I think I would say that I dislike about Stripe is that sometimes our clients have not been approved for an account because of the industry they work in. I guess that it is understandable as it may be outside of their terms. Also they could do better with how quickly money is deposited into our bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the payment gateway! I would recommend it to anybody wanting to use it online especially one who needs the ability to process monthly subscriptions.

We needed a way to process payments on a subscription basis and not very many processing software has this capability. We use Stripe for almost every eCommerce website that we build!

Stripe Connect review by Pankaj Kumar S.
Pankaj Kumar S.

"The perfect gateway for small business"

What do you like best?

It accepts all types of debit and credit cards from across all over the world which none of the other competitors offers. Most of the gateways the debit card transaction fails for international payments but Stripe handles it with ease.

What do you dislike?

If we wanted to integrate our API into this gateway it is time-consuming and we definitely need technical support from their staffs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This gateway is most suitable for small-scale transactions, and it can even handle international debit card transactions with ease but if there is a heavy load on this gateway then it will sustain. So if you are running a business for a small set of users then this gateway will surely serve the purpose and the costing is also less which the small business can easily afford too.

We use Stripe as our secondary payment gateway to handle debit card transactions for international users. our primary gateway authorized.net does not handle debit card transactions so we needed a secondary gateway that can help us in processing the debit card purchases and we implemented Stripe for that and it makes customers as well as the management happy.

Stripe Connect review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"Affordable and Secure"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to setup and get going. I don't have very good accounting skills and was looking for a simple and affordable option that I didn't have to plough through a mountain of application forms and paperwork to get started. And the fees are very competitive with other leading payment gateway options

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any problems as yet, never had to contact support. If there were a negative it would be the turnaround time from when you are paid by credit card and when it actually hits and clears into my account. In saying that it is only 3 days usually which isn't an issue because I was well aware of that when I signed up. I can't use the credit card option for Fiji which is limiting but not unusual as other gateways don't allow me to bill Fiji either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have minimal accounting knowledge and want to use something that is easy, secure and affordable then this is the perfect product.

Stripe works a treat with my accounting software - Wave- so I can invoice people and have a credit card option for payment which works seamlessly with Stripe.

Stripe Connect review by Lori J.
Lori J.

"Stripe is useful to grow your business."

What do you like best?

Stripe Connect offers a very good security in the prevention of bank fraud, which no other similar platform can be found so well implemented. I love the ease and possibility of being able to send my money easily and securely from my wallet to my bank account without any interruption.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that disgusts me in the service offered by Stripe Connect

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to any person or company that wants to improve the process of receiving payments online.

This platform has helped us to be able to accept constant payments from customers and in that way to start up our online store in a more secure way.

Stripe Connect review by Karla M.
Karla M.

"The best tool to configure our transactions"

What do you like best?

It really is no secret to anybody that most of our business transactions are processed through Stripe and we have configured Stripe for clients that require the processing of online merchants.

What do you dislike?

unfortunately it is quite expensive Transaction fees are not at all among the lowest. If you want to try and negotiate lower rates, you should start processing large numbers. Also, Stripe has many features that I just do not need, so I'm still paying.

it is quite easy to search for transactions and you can search by name, email address, transaction identifier and even partial data (such as billing address, product, etc.)

Stripe Connect review by Yamini P.
Yamini P.

"Stripe - A payment platform with built in analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Stripe comes with additional tools like Sigma and Radar which gives it an edge over other payment platforms. Sigma is their reporting tool which provides the capability to generate custom reports using custom SQL queries. Also, Radar provides advanced fraud protection by predicting and stopping fraud payments using cutting edge machine learning algorithms.

What do you dislike?

Stripe payment plans doesn't offer any incentive for customer with high volumes of transactions. Also, customer care support is not available over phone.

Stripe's offering is really plug and play and it doesn't take much time to get started accepting credit card payments from across the globe. It has also helped increase my reach to the customers by offering to accept new age payment solutions like Bitcoin and Apple Pay.

Stripe Connect review by Estelle A.
Estelle A.

"Very easy to use interface and very responsive customer service"

What do you like best?

Even though I have no technical background it is pretty easy for me to understand how to navigate the interface and gather information about our customers' subscriptions and payments.

Every time I have a question, the customer service is both very fast and efficient. They won't send you any random template expecting your question to go away, every answer is tailor-made to your needs and this is very appreciable.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike so far. The information laid out on the interface might be a bit too technical sometimes but the customer service is so fast at answering any question that it has never been an issue to me.

The integration of credit card payments is really smooth and secure and the transmission of informations between our website and Stripe always goes without an itch.

Stripe Connect review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Flawless, a fantastic piece of software "

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like -

* stunning interface - they should get some rewards for a beautiful website

* reliability - I have never ever had a problem with them. Perfect service

* functionality - there is so much you can do with multi currency billing. I am loving all the features.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing at all that I dislike. I cannot complain as it has been literally flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fee to sign up and no monthly charges. Just sign up and give it a try. You will not be disappointed

We need to bill in multi currency and get paid in USD, and Stripe works so well for this. We have definitely benefitted by getting international business in different currencies.

Stripe Connect review by Kaylee R.
Kaylee R.

"Easy Payment System"

What do you like best?

Stripe has been incredibly useful to me as an artist who attends conventions and sells art on the go. They provide a free card swiper that attaches to any phone, and their app has (so far) been reliable every time I have used it.

They also have great analytics to look at at the end of the day — probably more useful for someone running an actual daily business than for artists using it only occasionally, but still neat to look at. The pay-outs are pretty quick as well, which is a definite bonus if you need to be able to access your money quickly.

I have not yet used the subscription tool in Stripe, but I have bought from companies who do use it and send out discounts or future offers through it automatically, and it seems to work well for that too.

What do you dislike?

The fees involved in transactions are a bit annoying, but this is honestly my only complaint. Stripe is very good at what it does.

At conventions and other occasions where I sell art, it's invaluable to have a method to take credit/debit cards on the go. Not everyone has cash, and it's gotten me a ton more sales from people who would otherwise be unable to buy anything.

Stripe Connect review by Tedi S.
Tedi S.

"Greatest Payment Processing Platform!"

What do you like best?

Stripe is the payment processing platform of choice for many reasons but I would say that:

1. Customer Service is amazing. I answer your questions in seconds or minutes

2. The solution can be integrated into any website with 3 or 4 lines of simple code and they have instructions that walk you through everything.

3. They offer a very fair pricing plan in my opinion. 2.9% +30 cents is okay in my books given I have a SMB business and would have to pay the credit card companies the 2.9% regardless.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Like I said they are easy to integrate into your website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Stripe. They are the trusted payment processing platform of choice.

Credit Card payments. I have realized the results are immediate. There is now delay in payment verification from these guys.

Stripe Connect review by Administrator

"Stripe Greatness"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the clean platform style the most. Unlike other platforms, when you get on Stripe, it gives you direct readings and information on the work your business is creating in a simple form. It can also be easily accessed on it's app.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features and integrations on this platform that do not necessarily make it as user-friendly as I like. It is easy to find information on what features are and how to use them, however when it comes to getting help for the setup, the customer service team usually can answer only basic questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is an excellent platform that will allow you to grow as not only a business owner but a developer as well. Most entrepreneurs do not see themselves as developers but if you are creating a business then it is a part of entrepreneurship. this platform is easy to setup from the beginning with clear instructions. The integrations that they allow foster an inclusive atmosphere to programs that a company may already be using. This platform also can be used for any person looking for a way to collect funds outside of being an entrepreneur. The app gives you plenty of freedom.

I needed a clear way to see all of my sales and an efficient way to make one deposit to my bank account instead of multiple transfers throughout the week.

Stripe Connect review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"The best choice for accepting online payments, with a reliable and useful API"

What do you like best?

Stripe's costs are competitive with the industry. Their API documentation is some of the best I've ever seen, and I've seen many other developers say the same thing. It's really easy to get going with the service, whether you're building your own custom implementation or using a pre-made plugin or service that hooks into Stripe.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that they didn't provide phone support, but they are starting to roll this out to a limited number of clients, so that's a good sign. They also have live chat support which has been helpful.

Accepting and handling subscription payments. That's what we use Stripe for. It has been reliable for us and our clients.

Stripe Connect review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Great tools to add professional credit card processing to your website."

What do you like best?

Stripe provides developers a great way to create customized payment forms for use with their website or other applications. We've been able to create simple yet effective payment forms for our clients right on our website. Stripe also takes every major credit card at the same rate, which allows us to avoid looking unprofessional in turning away American Express cards as an example. Branding, statements, etc. look like they come from our business, which is a huge upgrade over PayPal and Intuit, which slap their branding on everything related to payment processing.

What do you dislike?

The processing fees are a little high compared to point of sale machines, but they are slightly lower than PayPal/Quickbooks, which is a plus. Their dashboard also cannot be used for any kind of processing to remain PCI compliant, so that restricts usability to whatever you can program. While you can brand statements and emails, the payment receipts that go to clients still come from stripe.com, which is a problem if you're trying to achieve a unified branding identity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a developer on hand to implement the code needed for credit card processing. There are plugins for Wordpress and other CMS systems to implement Stripe, but it will require some technical know-how to correctly implement it.

Stripe is a great application for accepting credit cards quickly and easily. For companies like ours that do Net 30 invoices to most clients, the credit card processing ability is a huge factor for alleviating cash flow issues that arise from too many clients slow to pay their bills. They also provide a very quick bank transfer process, which was a huge upgrade over Quickbooks and their 1-2 week credit card processing time. This is definitely a great tool to implement credit card processing online.

Stripe Connect review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Complete payment tool for any subscription based business"

What do you like best?

Their API documentation is detailed and helps smooth integration. They have a webhook for almost all the scenario's a subscription-based business would encounter, so we can focus on our product and stripe handles all the payment.

What would take months to set up becomes a week with stripe.

What do you dislike?

Really not much, but if you were to place a bullet on my head if I don't say one, then I would say regional restrictions. They require your business to be set up in their listed locations, although if you don't have one, they help you set up one using Stripe Atlas program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need anything else, other than stripe if you have a subscription-based business.

We charge our customers monthly based on their usage. Without Stripe, it would have taken us months to set up our payment system, with Stripe we did it in a week time. Also, Stripe helped us set up a business account in the United States.

Stripe Connect review by Harrison T.
Harrison T.

"One of the BEST way for small-medium or startup merchants "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fees are comparable to PayPal or lower, a lot of website integrations, fast deposits, test modes, and there are also a lot of documentations and help online.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If maybe fees are a bit lowered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great for startups, small - medium business. This is a MUST if you use platform that has integrations like Cratejoy, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc. Your customers can pay with credit or debit card and there are free fraud checks. If they added telephone verification, that is something I would pay extra for.

For our eCommerce website. It has been really awesome! No initiation or setup fee. Easy to integrate to our platform.

Stripe Connect review by Gavin P.
Gavin P.

"One of the most flexible payment gateways"

What do you like best?

This review is specific to the UK as I understand payment card regulations vary around the globe.

After extensive research and almost signing up for Worldpay, We ended up going for stripe and now 6 months in are very happy with the system. We use stripe through an integration with zoho books. The features we enjoy the most are:

Easy to use admin panel (TAKE A NOTE Worldpay)

Ability to charge in Pounds, Euros and many more currencies as our business evolves.

East to understand fee structure and very competitive for UK e commerce businesses.

You can review payments easily, pull up receipts and issue refunds in seconds.

When you refund a customer the credit card fees are refunded in full (thank you Stripe) this makes things so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if fees could be charged on a monthly basis for all the transactions and show a detailed breakdown in the report for that period rather than deducting from each payment.

I have heard stories (through reviews) that if you get a charge back stripe can be become very nasty and suspend your account without warning putting your business in jeopardy. Although I have not had any bad experiences - the sheer volume of negative reviews out there makes me very weary about how they will behave when things go wrong. (I hope I am wrong about this)

As of Nov 2017 - stripe does not have a phone helpline - I would prefer if they did atleast for only when things go wrong.

The payouts are 7 days rolling which is much longer than any other company I know. Again this is not a deal breaker but I would prefer if this could be reduced for clients who are on the system for say 1 or 2 years and have a good track record (just a thought).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is mainly for online businesses, I think in retail POS you will find companies likes Izettle charge 1%.

Stripe is good for a business going or trading globally. For example our clients are from around the world and for payment from UK, EU including Israel and Turkey we get charged 1.4%. Now that is competitive compared to say Worldpay or the others.

Stripe pays weekly - hope this is okay for you, it should be fine for most.

If you charge is many other currencies say USD and AUD but drop payouts in a GBP account you will get stung with extra charges for conversion. Ideally you want to have bank accounts in those currencies, we use Natwest in the UK and have opened accounts in other currencies.

Through Stipe we have been able to offer credit card payment options to our customers in a flexible manner with no monthly fees. Stripe charges us per transaction and refunds fees in full when we issue refunds. This pay as you go model works well, the beauty is that our stripe account manager has promised us discounts as and when we cross certain monthly volumes. The ability to charge in euros and drop the payouts in our euro bank account is great, this also means we could do the same for aus dollars and many many more currencies when needed. We also wanted a system that can intergrate easily and stripe have hit that part very well. We are planning to eventually deploy stripe with some fraud prevention software and just found out stripe are already integrated besides Stripe has their Radar system which offers some minimal fraud prevention.

Stripe Connect review by Jaffe A.
Jaffe A.

"Stripe Review"

What do you like best?

Overall Stripe is just very easy to use. It is easy to set-up, it integrates well with a variety of platforms (for example, we collect payments through FormAssembly), and even refunds are easy. It's simple to see how much revenue you've collected and you can set how often money is transferred to your account. It also has one of the lowest fees in the industry. A very straightforward product!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if payments were grouped by email or were more easily sorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since there is not a monthly fee, it is very easy to set-up and experiment with Stripe. I appreciated that we could demo the product in "trial mode" and have it completely connected to our systems before taking actual payments. This is also a very simple product to set-up.

We use Stripe to collect registration payments. We are able to register participants and collect their payment through one process. The customer doesn't even know they are using multiple platforms.

Stripe Connect review by User in Computer Software

"So important for scaling a business!"

What do you like best?

Searchability functions are great compared to other payment processors I've previously used. Stripe integrates with Netsuite using a third party tool, and so far it's worked great. When we first signed on with Stripe, they did not have a support team to contact, but now they have online tech support available, and they respond very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that once a payment has been initiated, we are unable to stop it, no matter how quickly we request it.

We use Stripe to process automatic payment runs with Netsuite- this has been great since we no longer need to process individual payments, we can batch them and run hundreds of payments with no extra effort needed.

Stripe Connect review by User

"Less work, and more money!"

What do you like best?

I used to manually send "Money Requests" via Paypal in order to collect from customers. While this wasn't the most professional way of accepting payment, it got the job done. Now, we have implemented Stripe Payments on the site, and our customers are paying before I even see the orders come in on my end!

What do you dislike?

Stripe's statements and reports are very antiquated. I would love a more seamless monthly report/transaction report option like Paypal and Square offer.

Encouraging the customer to pay right then and there when submitting their work request has led to less customers backing out. They're committed to the services we provide once they pay right away.

Stripe Connect review by Kelly F.
Kelly F.

"Great integration "

What do you like best?

Integrates seamlessly with website, great for reoccurring payments. Easy for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to figure out how to set up reoccurring payments as you have to use a specific code and it’s not intuitive. You can’t just click a reoccurring payment button and you’re set. There is terminology that is not intuitive to get it going.

That I can be a professional business with access to all that large businesses offer without compromising my budget.

Stripe Connect review by Logan W.
Logan W.

"I use Stripe with all of our customers"

What do you like best?

Very simple and clear database. I never get lost using the software, and anybody can pick it up really quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't understand all the features of Stripe, so I only use the features that I understand. I have a hard time branching out and trying out the extra features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best option out there. Most other products are pretty complex.

Keeping track of customer payments. Keeping track of records for tax purposes as well.

Stripe Connect review by Yan H.
Yan H.

"Stripe can not and will not protect your money "

What do you like best?

Easy process, credit cards of all kinds

What do you dislike?

Im a business owner from Texas, recently i discovered that unlike other processors stripe can do noting and will do noting if some bank or card provider is stealing money out of your stripe account, i had a guest who disputed his charge stating it a fraud charge, i presented all the evidence including ID card details reservation contract emails and what ever was on the list stripe recommended, after 2 months the guest card provider who reviewed it decided that its a fraud, now if it was i wouldn't bother writing this review wouldn't i, i just want to warn you that even if you have all the necessary evidence your money is not safe and stripe will do noting to help you.

money processing

Stripe Connect review by William F.
William F.

"Seamless and Simple"

What do you like best?

I use Stripe for all of my online business transactions but most importantly for my membership business and they have been nothing but amazing! Highly recommend using Stripe for all your payment needs especially if you are looking to integrate with third party applications.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, just the delay of receiving my funds but it's reasonable considering the alternative solution takes longer and holds my money unlike Stripe. Maybe they can improve their support and offer phone support in the near future but I understand why they don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, ditch PayPal

It's helping me simplify and streamline my online payments and helps me save time so I can focus more on my business. Honestly, the integration aspect is awesome since it connects with my online sales software seamlessly and allows for one click up sells. Also the way they process refunds is amazing compared to other payment processors.

Stripe Connect review by User

"Easy payment processing"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to receive payments with credit cards AND Bitcoin. With the new implementation of fraud detection tools, its now even better. I am especially impressed with the rolling 2 day deposits into my bank account and daily sales reports I can have sent to me by email or app notification.

What do you dislike?

I wish the admin panel was a bit easier to navigate - recent changes to the back end made some things a bit hard to find now. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this software.

Accepting payments easily and securely without a lot of hoops to ump thru on my end or the customers end. I have realized that for my company, Stripe is the best payment processing solution.

Stripe Connect review by John D.
John D.

"Stripe is very helpful and easy to set up for payment processing"

What do you like best?

It was easy to create new account, get started, and do testing. Testing is really easy once you understand it, and the API was straightforward and friendly. I used it both as an integration and also wrote a custom script for payments, so I have experience on both sides.

Overall, it was just a simple solution that worked and did everything I expected it to.

What do you dislike?

Some of my customers don't want to pay with credit cards, and would only pay with paypal. Using stripe solves a lot of the pain of handling credit card payments, but isn't a complete solution yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a software dev is helpful and can come in handy if you need customization using their API

Payment processing was 80% solved with Stripe. Credit cards are used by the vast majority of people, but some people still want to pay with paypal. The benefits are striaghtforward: I don't have to worry about a payment solution, and their dashboard is a friendly UI with the necessary features, such as automatic receipt emailing and refunds.

Stripe Connect review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Top Notch Free Credit Card Processing "

What do you like best?

I love that its simple and easy to use, that its free with only the base transaction fees and that their customer service is super helpful. I love its integration with Freshbooks, this is the main reason that I use it.

What do you dislike?

I wish i didn't need to sign up with Shopify just to get a free compatible card swiper for my phone and I wish they had a referral program like Square does. Also I wish they deposited funds next day like Square does, without the 2 day way period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great simple platform for taking payments, has several good integrations with popular financial software. Money is transferred in 48 hours to your bank account.

I simply want to be able to take a credit card right there when someone hands it to me and have the money directly sent to my bank rather than having to transfer it or pay atm fees like I do with Paypal. If I want the payment and don't mind waiting an extra day or so and I will save on the atm fee, so its a win for me there.

Stripe Connect review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent for eCommerce customers"

What do you like best?

Managing customer payments is very simple, and provides a great deal of usability within the tool itself. Being able to manage payments is straightforward too.

What do you dislike?

The dispute process is a little pointless, as even if we provide all the evidence in the world that is overwhelming in our favour, you usually lose the dispute - and the money. Even if you do happen to win one dispute, we have to pay costs for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Disputes are a pain and you rarely win, even if the evidence is there in your favour. And if you do win, you pay a fee for this, which is annoying.

We needed a payment system for our eCommerce products, and this was ideal.

Stripe Connect review by Lilia B.
Lilia B.

"Awesome payment processing service"

What do you like best?

Stripe is an awesome service, I like everything about it: multi currency billing, they accept credit cards of all kind, the service always works perfectly, the website design is very clean and user experience is great, their support team is the best.

What do you dislike?

As I said, Stripe is a great service, I have no complains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to try Stripe, it is very easy to use and payments processing is very fast

Very fast and simple online payments

Stripe Connect review by Saqib J.
Saqib J.

"Good payment solution but has lots of Issues"

What do you like best?

Easy Signup

VirtualTerminal

API Integration

Verification Process

Dispute Process: Easy to provide infomation, Submit evidences and upload customer interations documents.

What do you dislike?

1. No Phone Support available at the moment.

2. 15% of Trasactions from Visa & Master Card Charges get declined even if all the information is accurate and customer may be required to call his/her bank to get the transaction approved.

3. Unable to Void the Sale and this is major problem because they are more concerned about fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have been around for a while now and are trying to become masters of their trade. Problem that has been solved for us is that we no longer have to rely on PayPal or take the hassle of submitting 5 Pages Applications Form for big players. Its not easy to setup reliable Payment Gateway in APAC regions but Stripe has expanded to many countries in APAC region.

We needed a secure, hosted third-party order page to maintain PCI compliance. We also needed to Integrate With API and Quickbooks.

Stripe Connect review by Greg Matthew C.
Greg Matthew C.

"Unless you have very unique business requirements, Stripe should be your first choice."

What do you like best?

Stripe has been around long enough for them to have really perfected their offering. Their feature set is quite comprehensive, yet they are easy to get started with. You can negotiate more competitive pricing once your volume increases.

What do you dislike?

Support is sometimes slow and/or not helpful. But their IRC channel is a great way to speak with their devs for dev-specific advice.

Stripe takes care of our credit card processing, fund deposits and subscription management.

Stripe Connect review by Jason E.
Jason E.

"Lets you get off and running quickly with payments"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very straightforward and the API documentation is generally very good.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little bit easier to do variable cost subscription billing. For example, all of our customers pay a different monthly fee, and it seems a little bit hacky to have a base $1 subscription and change the quantity based. Also, it would be nice if there was a ready-made end-user Stripe page for our customers to choose how often they would like to be charged and to enter their credit card information right on the page.

We were able to start charging customers monthly and automatically take action when a customer stopped paying.

Stripe Connect review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for receiving donations to nonprofits"

What do you like best?

This allows us to receive and manage donations in a more user friendly way that paypal.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the percentage rates were better than paypal instead of comparable. It would be nice to have a financial incentive for using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using Paypal and do not need a better website interface for donors, I'm not entirely sure if there is a big benefit to switching to Stripe. If you are having issues with other services, Stripe is comparably priced and easy to use and pairs well with Donorbox and your personal websites.

More user-friendly website donating interface and manual deposits into bank account for accounting purposes.

Stripe Connect review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Great service - Makes our lives easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up subscription billing and forget about it.

What do you dislike?

Its expensive. There is a high fee for each transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can always count on stripe to process our payments and provide automatic billing.

It let's us bill our customers and set all of this up through the API. We also track invoices that are sent out each month.

Stripe Connect review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"I use Stripe for my recurring payment clients."

What do you like best?

Stripe is auto-integrated in a few things that we use. But I also like to go into the dashboard of Stripe itself and be able to adjust and add monthly subscription payments for my clients. I was even able to stop a payment when someone needed more time to pay without deleting the auto payment info.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a great system. I can't think of anything I would change. They only charge what any other merchant / processing company charges.

Being able to give clients discounts for one payment or even an ongoing period of time just with a coupon code.

Stripe Connect review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Stripe subscriptions for small SaaS app"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and control. I can issue refunds, cancellations, anything I need without external approval (i'm looking at you Apple). Integration is straightforward and the documentation is excellent. Fees are low. Not sure what else I need.

What do you dislike?

I've read about higher incidence rates of fraud and payment issues, but haven't experienced them myself. Maybe specific documentation around the pure REST API, alongside the language-specific library docs, would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on issues others have had with fraud, but other than that, it's a great platform.

Automated subscriptions, with the ability to refund and cancel, is something that I can't realize with some other services. My business case isn't supported by Braintree, else I might have used them. Low-fee subscription payments with streamlined setup and great dev tools is a huge benefit.

Stripe Connect review by JaQuette G.
JaQuette G.

"Low fees + prompt payments"

What do you like best?

I love that unlike another payment processing provider I use, Stripe promptly transfers my payments to my bank account each month.

What do you dislike?

I know I can't get around it, but processing fees add up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't get around having to pay fees. At least with Stripe, your customers can safely make payments that you receive in a timely manner.

My customers are able to safely make payments for physical products, digital products, and services rendered.

Stripe Connect review by LUIS C.
LUIS C.

"It looks great! The best way for our checkout in Shopify"

What do you like best?

We use Stripe since we could in our shop in Shopify. Very easy to install. We can charge our customers with credit card

What do you dislike?

The time we have to wait for the transfer to our bank

We have not any problem to solve. To accept credit or debit card in our shop without the need to use paypal.

Stripe Connect review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Best payment processor for mobile payments"

What do you like best?

Stripe is so confident of the product and offerings that they provide full support in migrating the customer credit card data in a secured manner if the merchant decides to switch to another service provider. And this data export is completely free of cost. This is very important consideration for me while choosing a payment processor as I might get stuck with it due to unforeseen changes in future and not able to migrate the customer financial data has a lot of repercussions.

What do you dislike?

There is no customer support available over a telephone line and they don't respond to emails for a long time. I have felt helpless in such circumstances. Also, their verification systems and security algorithms are not as robust as of Paypal.

I use it to process payments for an online marketplace which requires payments to be split between the marketplace and the merchant in real time after the payment is processed. The marketplace also requires a mechanism to charge a monthly fee from merchants selling on marketplace. I was looking for a solution which is easy to scale and can work well both on web and mobile platforms. With Stripe, the payments are split as soon as they are accepted and the merchants need not wait for batch processing.

Stripe Connect review by Steven T.
Steven T.

"Amazing payment tool that has served most of our payment needs"

What do you like best?

Stripe is easy to use and integrate and has a fairly straight forward process for finding customers, looking at latest transactions and receiving notifications. Cancellations or refunds are fairly easy to manage and quickly accessible directly to customer account or transaction through search. They provide a decent mobile app for reporting uses. You can try it out through the demo which doesn't even require a registered account! Its also amazing that supposedly Stripe can accept payments from over a hundred countries. Their developer API is also a key strength.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be a lot more feature rich and robust. The fact that Baremetrics is needed because Stripe by itself lacks many of the features Baremetrics offer is a shame. We still get customers who don't or can't process things through Stripe on occasion and utilize PayPal as a backup which is something I wish we could resolve with users with an offering from Stripe itself. If there are transactions that don't process, it would be great if the reasoning was more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try and play with the demo

It has allowed us to charge users for one time payments as well as recurring payments and gets the job done well so no complaints here.

Stripe Connect review by George C.
George C.

"Great for simplicity, not so great for complexity"

What do you like best?

Stripe is really easy to integrate in a variety of different languages. The services takes minutes to setup and has a fully featured test environment, which allows you to guarantee payments are working before pushing to production.

The other main strong point is reliability. Stripe hardly (if-ever) goes down. They are very responsive on support, and even in the rare case that something breaks, they are very responsive to fixing it. I had a case where a stripe update broke the api for my service. It turned out that the problem was a rare edge-case in the stripe api but that didn't prevent them from helping me resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

Stripe offers great capabilities for offering discounts if you use subscriptions. If you are using charges for non-subscription based sales/services, the discounts/coupons are non-existant. For example say you wanted to offer a half-off discount on a $99 purchase, you'd have to manually calculate what 50% off a $99 purchase would be manually, and then charge a user for that amount.

Another problem I have with stripe is the lack of being able to send a client a direct invoice. According to their documentation you can, but the process could be easier for business users. Like the aforementioned problems, this is mainly a problem with stripe focusing almost exclusively on subscriptions.

I also don't like being forced to include the stripe javascript. This can be frustrating if you are trying to do server-side payments. The stripe javascript is required for both use cases of 1. using the stripe checkout modal or 2. implementing your own stripe checkout workflow. This dependency is a bit cumbersome at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to accept payments based on a recurring subscription, it's fantastic... just so long as that's the only thing you want to do.

Pretty obviously the case is accepting payments. Stripe doesn't provide anything different in terms of functionality, and it doesn't really offer anything more. The dashboard is nice to look at, and I'm sure if you wanted to be extra data-centric there are some extra things you could do, but I don't really use any of that.

Stripe Connect review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Never had any issues "

What do you like best?

Payments process within 2 business days, they will let you know when it’ll be delayed because of a holiday. Chat was open in the middle of the night when I had questions, so that was great as well.

What do you dislike?

Even though it only takes about two business days to process payments I wish it could only one.

Recently it was about international orders, I contacted a representative and all my questions and concerns were answered. They will also let me know if the credit or debit card that was used is in normal standing.

Stripe Connect review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"So much better than paypal. "

What do you like best?

It really is a payment processor built for developers. Integration is easy, analytics and notifications are equally on point. It does a good, simple overview of your transactions and makes it easy to query a purchase. You can set up and edit recurring payments as well as trials very easy, the manual edits are something I take for granted because you don't think about it but you have to make changes very often. Fees are on par for the industry. We run thousands a month through stripe as a backup to PayPal.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, I've always had an easy time with stripe. I wish that maybe they had an account system like paypal as a majority of our customers still prefer paypal since their information is only a login away and they don't need to have their card on hand. Sometimes we don't know if square can do something (e.g. Edit a recurring payment amount or change start date) until we try it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, the integration is a breeze and your paid conversion will increase if you only run paypal now. They should be run side by side as some people only pay with PayPal and some won't pay with it.

Taking payments sucks and can take a substantial engineering force to build and maintain. This takes the suck out of it. As well insights and analytics usually suck from other providers, Stripe improves that experience as well.

Learning about Stripe Connect?

* We monitor all Stripe Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.