Dropbox Reviews & Product Details

Dropbox Overview

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a cloud based file storage and collaboration platform designed for the modern workspace to reduce busywork, so you can focus on the things that matter. Dropbox brings your files together, in one central place. They’re easy to find and safely synced across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere. No more wasting the day tracking down work. With powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase, Dropbox Professional makes storing 2 TB (2,000 GB) of files, sharing work with clients, and tracking progress along the way easier than ever. Put your creative energy to work, with dropbox.

Dropbox Details
Danish, German, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified)

Please check out www.dropbox.com/business to learn more

Dropbox
@Dropbox
4,122,698 Twitter followers
3,972 employees on LinkedIn®

Dropbox Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Dropbox community
Have you used Dropbox before?

Dropbox Reviews

Showing 11,730 Dropbox reviews
Showing 11,730 reviews
Already have Dropbox?
Video Editor + Social Media Content Creator
Open Discussions in Dropbox
Digital Native & Techpreneur
Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like how you can create folders and invite others to share it. My work is the kind where it's not just sharing something once, but continuously and month after month changes. Just set it up once and everyone knows where to go for the content. I also like the easy way of uploading, just drag and drop into the dropbox screen. Also, it is good that they offer a free option (for limited space), it helps most people get by, but allows companies to share what is needed. I went from free to upgraded when I needed more space. Marketing files are just so big. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It may be just me, I just need a better way of organizing. Seems like the folders and such can become pretty messy quickly. You need to stay up to date with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Biggest program was sending and receiving files for marketing purposes. Can't share big photoshop/illustrator files through email. Plus, our advertising agency needs to send us copies of TV commercials. Just needed a place to upload them to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Site Administrator
What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the ability to share your content via just a simple link. Some places require some shared data for interaction to obtain the content and I’m just over that right now No extra accounts are needed for even a large number of people to access what you desire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The amount of free usable storage (less than 4GB) is arguably too low; what I mean is that to truly get the most impact for the service as opposed to say Mega, you have to go all in and commit to $100 plus whether annually or eat the monthly costs as a recurring bill Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Dropbox as a repository for data mining video game art files and then organizing that data to be accessible to my community where they are then processed for reviews, memes, augmentation and investigation. The second function is a place to then store my own art creations used in video thumbnails that my community can then access, all of which freeing up space on my computer to keep it running as fast and smooth as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Dropbox is intuitive and easy to use. You can upload files from browser, desktop application, or through mobile. This makes Dropbox and all-round storage tool as you can not only upload files from anywhere, but access them too. Files can be shared by making them public or accessible only through a URL. The privacy and security of the platform is excellent and there's no worry about your files getting leaked or being lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has limited storage and it doesn't allow modification of the contents in the file through online editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dropbox is intuitive, simple, and excels in performance. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dropbox promotes collaboration through online file sharing. You can also collaborate with your colleagues to work on documents, files, presentations, etc using Dropbox Paper. Dropbox serves as a common storage platform for projects you may have to work on with other people and this allows all the files to be accessible in one place. Dropbox allows files to be organized and be viewed in a categorized manner through folders which you can create and move files to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guitarist
What do you like best?

The user interface is really good and easy to navigate and understand. This especially helps when someone adds you to a group project to share files. You can see who viewed what, when, who has which permissions and edited which files. All crystal clear. It's very intuitive. If you take a screenshot, it will automatically prompt to ask you if you'd like to share it. The desktop app is also very useful and intuitive in the sense it will ask if you'd like to make a backup of your computer to the cloud in your DropBox account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free 3.75 GB space fills up quite quickly if you are working multiple music projects and it's expensive to upgrade to 2 TB for $119.88 annually although there is a monthly option. It's just not worth it for me as I use it only occasionally and if I reach a file limit issue, there are plenty of free options to send files to people such as WeTransfer which lets you send up to 2 GB for free and you can always split files if you need to send more than 2 GB at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a regular heavy user of file cloud sharing and need to work on projects and share files with team members constantly, DropBox is most likely the best option for you and the upgrade fees worth your money, but if you only occasionally share files like I do, an alternative such as WeTransfer would suffice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is collaborative teamwork. We attend rehearsals which are recorded with multiple audio devices and then sent to each band member weekly in one or multiple audio files. You can see when the file was uploaded, who has seen the files, edited etc depending on you admin privileges. If someone's missed out, you can nudge them to get up to speed. The user interface is crystal clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

Dropbox is very simple to set up and is very user friendly, It makes my job so much easier! It enables us to transfer larger files from one account to another so that I can print easily. It works a lot better than traditional email and allows me to store files without using memory on my computer. All of our employees have separate accounts and we can transfer files to one another with the ease of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike and it is a very big help. I think that any user would be impressed if they just give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't experienced any problems but the benefits are great. It saves a lot of time to be able to transfer files from one account to another. It also frees up a lot of storage on my computer because it enables me to save files online. I would recommend this to anyone because of it usefulness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Project Manager & Scrum Master
What do you like best?

Dropbox is undoubtedly a secure platform to always keep each and every one of my files protected, centrally and with excellent segmentation, I can maintain a proper organization and thus keep both my work files and persoonal documents in order. I can also share files with work colleagues, and give access exclusively to whoever I want to enter to maintain a collaborative work. It does not limit me in any option, I can store the format I want and also have a wide space in the cloud. The synchronization is fast, everything is done in real time, by means of which it allows to streamline all my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since the time we have been using Dropbox, there has never been any error, the platform has flowed perfectly and has not presented failures in any aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best option to administrer and manage your documents is with Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We find the ease of managing all our work and documents from Dropbox, it provides us with the right platform to make our work much more productive. It helps us organize all our documents and carry out collaborative work. Without a doubt, Dropbox is the best investment to make everything flow optimally. Contribute to remote work, which adds points to the work we do today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Consultant
What do you like best?

You can get extra storage by recommending that product to other users. You can also take part in 'Earn more space' to increase your storage capacity. Dropbox uses delta sync during data synchronization and it really speeds up the time needed for uploading files or modified content. I can see the difference with comparison to other platforms like Google Cloud Disk or Microsoft OneDrive. I know that they are working on the same technology but Dropbox already has it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a pity that Drobox offers only 2GB of storage at the beginning and limits the amount of devices to 3 at a time in a basic subscription plan. I think Dropbox should update their limits as the 2GB storage is very ridiculous nowadays. New user can't even test all features with such small storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend using Dropbox as it is very easy to use and quickly synchronize files, its independent from other big software companies. I think Drobox should think about some promotion to gain some extra storage for free or if you do some activities later on, not only at the beginning after registration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easy sync my data between 2 computers or mobile devices. I can collaborate with other people and share files with them. We can have shared folder and work on something together. I can also use it for backup purposes if needed. You can get extra 500 MB by recommending that product to your friends and coworkers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copy Editor
What do you like best?

With Dropbox Business, we have found it simple to upload large files with little to no lag or other problems. We particularly adore Dropbox because it offers an almost endless list of applications to integrate. We find this particularly beneficial because it has allowed our team to streamline file storage and sharing processes more effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The upsetting thing about Dropbox is that there is no way to edit files online, which we think that their product development and improvement team should include. Additionally, managing a massive volume of files and folders could be challenging in terms of both storage and accessibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our overall experience with Dropbox has been good. We want to continue using it and recommend it to our business circle. It's indeed simple, streamlined, and cost-effective to store and share small to larger files and documents online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Specialist
What do you like best?

I love Dropbox because it also has a mobile app that I can use. I take product photos on my phone, edit them via Lightroom and then can easily upload to Dropbox for further edits and listing. I used to send my photos directly to my email, which has a size limit and sometimes never even completed the send. Dropbox helped me with that. And its free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is how long it takes for the photos to upload to the app. But then again that is just a patience thing. There really is no downside to using this platform. You can categorize your file names as well to keep you organized. Removing files and reorganizing into different folders is simply drag and drop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely download the mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The issue of storage available in my inbox. It takes away the hassle of sending photos one by one. I can simply select photos I like then upload it on my phone. When I am ready they are waiting for me on the desktop version. I also don't have to worry about keep those product photos in my phone, because its stored in my Dropbox which frees up tons of space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pre - Sales Associate
What do you like best?

1. The most professional place to store data.

2. The security offered by the website is ultimate.

3. The security offered by Android App is ultimate.

4. The security offered by IOS App is ultimate.

5.The privacy offered by the website is ultimate.

6.The privacy offered by Android App is ultimate.

7.The privacy offered by IOS App is ultimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. This will not work offline

2. only for paid customers up to 2 TB of storage space is available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Do not share ur login credentials

2. use it wisely

3. Don't waste your storage space for unwanted storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. The most professional place to store data so my problem solved

2. The security offered by the website is ultimate so my problem solved.

3. The security offered by Android App is ultimate so my problem solved.

4. The security offered by IOS App is ultimate so my problem solved.

5.The privacy offered by the website is ultimate so my problem solved.

6.The privacy offered by Android App is ultimate so my problem solved.

7.The privacy offered by IOS App is ultimate so my problem solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Dropbox is a fascinating platform, since it has a very good working structure to transfer files with just a few steps. In addition, it has an interface with a very attractive design, with very striking colors that make the experience of transferring files, not boring at all. What I like the most about this platform is that I can obtain a perfect modification of all the documents that I store in my cloud, I can edit them without having to do this through an application installed on the computer, I can edit all the documents instantly with the editor that Dropbox offers me, with increidble fluidity. Also, I like that I can share all my files using shared folders, an easier option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

During my experience with Dropbox, when using the application for mobile devices, I have had several problems, which have directly affected my performance within this mobile application. First, I have presented problems with the speed of sending files, the files that I send through this App always take longer to send, much longer than the speed I get from the computer version. Second, the application does not open if is not updated to the latest version published in the application store, which greatly limits the consecutive use that I can have of this app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently, Dropbox is used in my work area and also in all work areas of my company. Dropbox has allowed me to transfer and receive all kinds of files to or from my work colleagues. I'm very grateful for how Dropbox has worked on my computer, because I have been able to store all kinds of files and edit them online, thanks to the fantastic document editor it has. Dropbox has provided me with instant delivery of all types of files, allowing me to share information with my colleagues in seconds. I'm fascinated by the great performance Dropbox has had with cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unemployed
What do you like best?

On Dropbox, I can back up images, musics, videos, documents,etc. Dropbox gives 2 GB storage for Basic Plan. Its web design is very good and also it is easy to use. After uploading files on Dropbox, Dropbox gives you a link to share your files with others where others can download your files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The worst part of Dropbox is sometimes after uploading music files or else, it shows ' something went wrong while previewing this file'. Dropbox management team must consider about this. Another thing, their pricing plan should be less. They offer $11.99 / month for Plus Plan and 19.99/ month for Professional Plan. They should consider about less pricing plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I upload files on Dropbox and shares others to download my files. The download option given by Dropbox is very helpful. I also upload my private files on Dropbox which I don't want to keep on my phone storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intelligence Analyst Associate
What do you like best?

What I like best about Dropbox is the amount of storage it provides users for free! After using it for years and years, I have stored thousands of pictures as well as important documents that I would like available across all my devices, such as my cell phone and laptop. This feature has been extremely helpful, as who wouldn't want to keep their most used/ important documents across all devices and be able to access them anywhere at any time? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though Dropbox does provide a ton of free storage, I do dislike how after several years I was able to fill it up and can no longer store anything else in the application without paying for more storage. Though this is an annoying downside, it is also very understandable as I store more than the average person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using dropbox, I have been able to overcome the problem of having all of my stuff in one place across all devices. This has always been tricky as I have multiple devices that I need to have certain pictures/ documents on at all times. Dropbox has completely solved this issue of having all my stuff in one spot, that can also be everywhere! Other problems dropbox has helped with is the accessibility, it is so easy to use I would recommend anyone to use this application due to its easy operating system, where as similar apps can be complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

Mainly, it is a tool with multiple functions that make content management, prioritization of collaborative work and remote work to increase productivity, much easier. Having all this in a single tool is a solution to minimize efforts and streamline our labor management. On the other hand, I can highlight the veracity in the synchronization of files, in addition to the massive storage of documents in the cloud, where I know they will always be safe. It is possible to edit directly in the application, and what impresses me the most is that it does not set limits when wanting to store a file, whatever the format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Accidentally it has happened to me that I delete a document and I could not recover it again, there should be some kind of "trash", with a predetermined time to be able to rescue certain files if necessary. If my internet is a bit slow, the platform may take a long time to synchronize or show me a document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because I know that it is a platform with multiple capabilities of use and we can all get the most out of it. If you need a secure platform to manage your documents, Dropbox will always be the ideal tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Without a doubt there is no better system that allows me to manage all my content, we completely visualize all the documents in a more organized way, we store it safely, and we work collaboratively without any problem. Now it is much easier to see everything on a single platform, and including other features such as editing gives it a pretty big plus. Since we have used Dropbox, we have definitely increased our work productivity and eliminated any complications when reviewing hiring, retirement documents, sales or invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

O