Dropbox Reviews & Product Details

Dropbox Overview

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a cloud based file storage and collaboration platform designed for the modern workspace to reduce busywork, so you can focus on the things that matter. Dropbox brings your files together, in one central place. They’re easy to find and safely synced across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere. No more wasting the day tracking down work. With powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase, Dropbox Professional makes storing 2 TB (2,000 GB) of files, sharing work with clients, and tracking progress along the way easier than ever. Put your creative energy to work, with dropbox.

Dropbox Details
Danish, German, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified)

Please check out www.dropbox.com/business to learn more

Dropbox

Video Editor + Social Media Content Creator
Open Discussions in Dropbox
Digital Native & Techpreneur
Job Seeker
What do you like best?

Dropbox Basic is a free single user offering from Dropbox, Inc. with 2gb of data storage. This service comes with application support for Windows, Mac and Linux PCs as well as mobile devices running IOS, Android, and Windows. This basic version limits you to 3 devices signed in at a time, but you can always access all you files from most modern web browsers as well. The single sign on feature that allows you to link a Google or Apple account to Dropbox Basic means you don't even have to remember another set of credentials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest shortcoming I have encountered in the free version is its limit of 3 supported devices for store and sync, and this is heavily mitigated by an excellent web platform. The limit of 2 GB constrains it's usage a bit, as well as the fact that with the Basic free service all files all stored locally on all platforms that have the native Dropbox app installed.

Dropbox Plus mitigates all three issues by allowing you to sync across unlimited devices, free up hard disk space, and increases storage Capacity to 2 TB (2,000 GB) as well as enable 30-day account recovery for $9.99 at the time of this writing 1/15/21

Check out other plans and great features:

https://www.dropbox.com/plans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are even remotely considering Dropbox I recommend you take the plunge and give it a try. I have to admit that I was reluctant to use the platform for years because of the storage limit of Basic in comparison to other free offerings, and I regret not using this service sooner, it will cost you nothing more than a few moments of your time to give this awesome service a try.

https://www.dropbox.com/basic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I recently signed up for this service when I decided I wanted a dedicated resume store that I could synchronize between my laptop, desktop, and my android smart phone. I had noticed that many career portals and job board platforms support Dropbox natively allowing me to select a resume directly inside their platform, and even those that do not it is easy to select a file from my Dropbox folder on devices I have enabled the store and sync feature. The ability to have ready access to all of my resumes, revisions, and notes make it easy to keep up with all of my career hunting efforts. The Android and Windows PC apps integrate exceptionally well, and the web platform is extremely robust with document previews and the ability to open Microsoft Office documents in native PC applications or Office online. The absolute best part is you get all this functionality absolutely free, I would recommend this service to anyone who wants a place to store and sync their resumes and other job hunting documentation. If you find yourself constrained by the limits of this service, they have even more features and fewer limitations on their paid platform, I regret that I didn't give Dropbox a go sooner.

https://www.dropbox.com/basic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

Dropbox is a fantastic platform for cloud storage, its ability to process large amounts of files is amazing. One of the things that I like the most about Dropbox is its shared folder functionality that allows all files to be stored and that this folder is visible to the entire work team, this is a great feature as it makes sharing easier of files with my work colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I don't like about Dropbox is its mobile app. I have always had the application installed on my Android device, however, when I have not updated the application to the latest version, the App requires me to do so, otherwise it does not let me enter the cloud where my files are stored. This limits me a lot, since sometimes I cannot update the app, and this should not prevent my access to the Dropbox cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm very grateful for the complete security and perfect administration that Dropbox has provided me for all my work files. This platform has helped me to be able to safely store all my files in a cloud that has end-to-end encryption, in addition, it has also allowed me to share files more quickly with all my work colleagues, thanks to the shared folder functionality. Dropbox is fantastic, and I will definitely continue to use it in my work area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Geospatial Database Administrator (Enterprise, Data Science, Analytics)
What do you like best?

Ease of usage and content sharing in the platform.

Notifications Area.

Versioning features.

Ability to snooze notifications when not needed.

Dropbox paper to instantly jot down points.

The desktop and mobile app.

Several third-party integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very minimal free storage capacity.

Should come up with some educational plans or offer free storage capabilities for students.

The interface could be improved by having a walkthrough of dropbox icons and what each icon means.

Had some issues with syncing high-level geospatial data formats. Could improve on that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple and easy to use interface to show whether your files are local or synced to the cloud. Dropbox and Dropbox Business are extremely useful to access your files on the go. Dropbox integration with other apps like Word, Gmail is phenomenal and easy to use. If you are looking for easy file sharing apps, this would be your first choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy sharing of files and content between devices. Doesn't matter if it's web, cloud, desktop, or mobile you can access your content anywhere anytime with a single login. Whenever you feel that you are having issues with lack of space dropbox comes to your rescue. Offers additional storage to users by referrals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
Software Engineer
What do you like best?

What I like best is that Dropbox can be used from anywhere and provides fast uploading through both mobiles and computers. It can be used on browser as well for convenience. It offers up to 2GB space for free which can be upgraded to 1TB or more at affordable costs. Files that you upload can be made to be accessible by people you give permissions to or made private to only you. This makes Dropbox not only an excellent platform for storage but also sharing files and transferring files with anyone. For quicker means of uploading, Dropbox allows you to simply drag and drop the files on to the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I'm quite happy with the services offered by Dropbox and I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dropbox is free to use and comes with affordable upgrades if 2GB is insufficient for you. I recommend it due to its collaboration features and security over any other cloud storage platform available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dropbox has been an important addition to my work life as it allows me to transfer files and receive files from coworkers with ease. It's a good way to collaborate on daily work tasks such as working on documents, presentations, creating templates, and managing projects. It allows us to stay organized as we can create folders and add the sort the files into them for easier access and to reduce complexity when we want to look for a particular file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working Student Project Management
What do you like best?

I enjoy that you are able to save all of your documents in one place. Beforehand I really did not at all know what to do with the chaos I have had on my computer with all my notes, documents, pictures. But now everything is organized in one place and a big plus is now actually you cann integrate it on your laptop in your documents folder which is a true win for everyone. Plus you can refer friends easily and then you simply get free GB to save even more stuff. Even if you need to extend your plan you can buy very very cheap additionnal space on your account. I belive it is like 1 dollar just to get like 20x more space to save. Dropbox is so good to share documents as well. Like your friends do not even have to have an account with that service as they can simply only click on one link you send them to see your document or picture of file you want to share with it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the app version for the iphone on dropbox. It is very confusing as it is so so hard to locate all of your files there and also the upload speed on the app on your phone is very slow. It does not synchronize fast with your laptop or even with your other devices so that is a pain actually. But it is not so bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I actually do not have any recommendations it is self explanatory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can now solve all of my work files in one space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Media Activation Executive
What do you like best?

It's one place to store all the files together in a secure online environment. The UI is very easy to navigate and user friendly. The platform can be easily synced across all the devices. The app experience is great and I just love how Dropbox value their users. Dropbox makes sharing files/documents with team and clients easier. Also, their discover section with plenty of options to further integrate the product with other functionalities is simply awesome and is worth trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't any point which I dislike. The product is really very good. I just feel that in this age of 4G and 5G, when users are downloading stuff more than ever, Dropbox should think about increasing their storage limit in the Free plan. It would really help millions of people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like Dropbox and would definitely recommend the product to others. If you are looking for cloud storage solutions and file-sharing platforms then just go with Dropbox, it's awesome. I would suggest others to definitely try their desktop app for a better user experience and automatic updates. And also must try their app center to discover multiple ways to integrate Dropbox with other products for a seamless experience. This is the thing which will enhance your work productivity and communication further. Dropbox mobile app makes it furthermore easier to access the files from anywhere anytime and it is definitely recommended to have on the phone. There is a lot one can do using this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storing documents/files online in a secure manner and also for easier accessibility of the team and clients. This helps in easily managing the work. The product can be synced with different devices. And also, it gives us control of file sharing with options of what level of access to be given. This is definitely a ninja product in online cloud storage and file-sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Dropbox has an intuitive layout and it's very user friendly. It provides an easy way of uploading files as you can drag and drop. Files once uploaded can be easily shared through email or made accessible through a link which you can distribute to anyone. It has strong layers of safety for your files so unwanted people cannot gain access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not possible to directly upload folders and instead folders need to be created manually on Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dropbox offers great cloud storage and sharing capabilities. It's second to none in the current market and for that reason I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed an easier solution to share files with my team at work and Dropbox was a more convenient option compared to attaching files to emails. Dropbox is considerably faster and files uploaded on to it can be accessed any time whereas emails can be accidentally deleted along with the attached file. Dropbox also offers several tools for collaboration such as Dropbox Paper, task management, creating templates, annotating, etc. It can also scan documents and scan to PDF for data entry work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As soon as I joined the organisation, I had to submit lot of reports and I came across this must have app Dropbox. Create folder, save your reports and share it easily. You can organise your work daywise, workwise or bosswise. You can share it publicly and privately if you don't want else to edit it.

You can also save your work locally and sync it with desktop version of Dropbox and it will automatically upload the file for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing such as negative point. Although 2GB is the free storage you can use and have to pay for extra space. I think they can give a little more space for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organisation of work reports. Storing the files and managing the work. Sharing the file is super easy and also like the feature to enable the facility who can only read the file and who can edit it. Best feature is that you can have desktop version of Dropbox and save the file locally and it will be saved automatically on app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant professor
What do you like best?

Dropbox is, to me, the best cloud storage platform available, and should be the gold standard for other platforms. But with that said, my reliance on it and its general utility to me has greatly diminished in recent years. It's expensive, the free storage limit is far too little, the limit on client installs/logins is heinous, and even if all that can be bought and remedied, it's still not HIPAA compliant, so I can't use it for work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes too long to upload stuff (Android app), videos and pictures. Even short videos, take at least 1 day or a few hours. And it barely has good storage. The only thing that works is uploading sounds and or music. I use mp3 converter to upload sounds and music for my YouTube videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love Dropbox App. Best app to have to sync your phoneand computer or laptop without having to install a bunch of apps that never work right or don't sync everything. Dropbox syncs photos, documents from the minute you upload them to your phone or laptop. You open up your laptop, everything you just tookpictures of is in the laptop app. The monthly price for extra storage, I think, is steep, so I download all my pics to an external disc to keep my storage at half capacity. Too pricey for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can share files with family. They edit these files and send them to me for viewing. It makes it easy to work on music with my producer I lay my bars and send it to him and he master's pefect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Dropbox is helpful to collaborate with group tasks and exchanging document with colleagues which allows me to monitor what others are modifying or updating to the document .My paper are always sync with my office computer and my laptop, so I can begin working all the time without any complications. Dropbox has a very quick uploading speed and transfer time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not like the free storage and you have to buy the subscription to have more space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for organizations documents collbarations with document privacy, I could suggest dropbox would be best option so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By providing a reference link to my Dropbox I can quickly share information within my team-mates. I do not need to post and send images separately . It's indeed helpful. I work across several devices and machines as well as use them to work with other people. so dropbox becomes handy when multiple device able to sync my storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Dropbox provides good online storage facilities. You can add files to it from phone, tablet, or computer. Although it can be used through web browsers, it has a dedicated desktop application through which you can drag and drop the files you want to upload. Dropbox works just like your hard disk as you can create folders and upload or move files to any specific folder you want for ease of access and to organize your storage better. The best part is that you can use Dropbox from anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The space available is quite limited for Dropbox Basic. Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive offer 5GB and 15GB respectively for free while Dropbox only offers 2GB. Additionally, a lot of files cannot be viewed directly on Dropbox and need to be downloaded first, so this can be a bit of a hassle when you want to look for a particular data in a file out of many within a folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dropbox is free to use so I can recommend using it. But if you're in need of more space, I wouldn't recommend upgrading your account as you get more space from Onedrive and Google Drive. For smaller companies, Dropbox upgrades aren't worth the price as you won't be able to make the most out of the features that come with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using Dropbox for its online storage facilities. I had quite a bit of trouble storing important work files in my USB flash drive because the file transfer rate was slow while trying to share them with coworkers or while trying to move the files to my laptop. Furthermore, USB drives often pose a risk of getting viruses easily. Dropbox was the alternate solution I was in need of as it's secure and I could store and move my files wirelessly. With Dropbox, I'm able to grant access to my storage to my coworkers so whenever I upload a file that's meant to be shared, they're able to view and download it without needing me to do it manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Being able to access all my files from anywhere including multiple pcs. Only problem is critical data files that will not work with local applications. For example Solidworks just plain fails when using synchronized data files. Result is a whole separate set of files must be manually updated and distributed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support when a critical failure occurs. They only have email support and they have little insight into complex problems. They had me do a reinstall three times for the same problem. Problem is still there. It has now been 4 weeks with no resolution in sight. It has crippled parts of my business and the only thing I can do is move all the files myself and close Drobox down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have always found that investigating the support structure for important infrastructure is the most important aspect of picking a supplier. I wish I had done a better job here. I have not investigated alternatives so I cannot comment on whether better solutions exist. I would be suspect of Dropbox given data management and access is the most critical feature and the support fails when it fails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to access all my files from anywhere including multiple pcs. Having all files backed up in mulitple locations is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think dropbox is super helpful when sharing files with different coworkers. I also like the fact that we are able to move different invoices to different people in the company with no issue. I also really like the fact that we are able to create and share new folders in dropbox as well. We are able to divid up the different folders based on the information we need to hold in our dropbox. We have all reports from old employees to new ones as well. Another added bonus, is that we are able to share audio files as well. This acts as a major tool for our training, as we use the audio files to help train all new employees. The information storing potential is endless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about dropbox is the fact that the pages always save as a google form rather than as a microsoft word form. IT makes uploading the documents to your computer just a little annoying Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would tell them to use the app for documents. It is a great place to store information at a very reasonable cost. We have used these files for years, and have never had an issue with the server itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have different employees who live in different states, so dropbox is extremely valuable for us. I am able to get the information they need sent to them in a timely manner. They have instant access to the files I scan into my dropbox account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.