What do you like best?
- NetSuite is an all-in-one suite for a business- whatever step you are in the process, or role, NetSuite will have a module or function dedicated to it.
- As a NetSuite Administrator, I like best how much we can customize NetSuite from fields to workflows.
- SuiteAnswers is an extremely helpful source of information
- For end users, they like the FAM tracking system and also how easy the period close checklist is. We also like the report querying functionality.
- Resource Import allocation
- Original Project Manager role is restricted only to their subsidiary resources. This is not ideal as projects can have many resources across the globe allocated to their projects.
-Reporting on subsidiary pulls subsidiary currency - it should pull project currency regardless of employee's subsidiary.
What do you dislike?
- The more customization we make, the more the system lags.
- Advanced Revenue Accounting and Project Management has limitations. We've had to create our own scripts to accommodate.
- Searches can not query. This would be extremely helpful since they are more customizable then reports.
- Netsuite does not have a missing timesheet report and we also can not search for it (we can only search for created time).
- We can't import billing schedules into Sales Orders (some of these can be up to 100 lines, and our accountants need to create a new billing schedule to each one).
- We can't select a currency per employee (rather than subsidiary). However, I think there is a resolution coming out for this in 2019.1.
- When we credit a T&M invoice, the time does not become unbilled (like when you delete an invoice). Our Accountants are 100% against re-opening a period which is why we have to credit.
- Dependent on browser, NetSuite returns errors or the browser does. It would be nice to have NetSuite return the error on all browsers so we know what is the error. Errors are also really vague.
- Resource role (Employee Center) should have more insight into their project details. Timesheets and time entries aren't very user friendly.
- Mobile app is not good - not enough functionality, terrible UI
Recommendations to others considering the product
It will work for your company. Just make sure you have processes set efficiently so you can make less customizations in NetSuite, or consider changing your processes slightly to make the system more user-friendly for your users.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- created our own Dunning system
- invoice templates customized per subsidiary
- integration with Concur and SalesForce to update data
- completing order requests and billing
- financial data derived from the system
NetSuite overall is accomplishing our business needs. What we need most from the system is a more user-friendly interface for our Billing team, and also more capabilities to manage projects for our Project Services team.