3.9

NetSuite ERP is a cloud ERP solution and provides proven financial management and ERP that easily integrates with your broader sales and service processes.

Work for NetSuite ERP?

Learning about NetSuite?

NetSuite ERP Reviews

Ask NetSuite a Question
Showing 679 NetSuite reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about NetSuite ERP
NetSuite review by Alvaro I.
Alvaro I.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

NetSuite review by Abel R. J.
Abel R. J.

"Great tool for front and back office processes."

What do you like best?

This tool is ideal for all the financial processes that are elaborated daily in a company that allows the creation and edition of financial reports, with speed and high efficiency, it is an ideal tool to control the incoming flow of income to the company, which allows performing an effective control of each one of them, automating certain cash processes, which were made by manual mail a time ago, in this way, they can control and perform a timely follow-up to the different assets that move in the income of money, or in the products that are kept in storage, this system is also ideal for the invoicing of different orders, electronically, since it provides templates for invoices and receipts, fully prepared, with which, these can be modified in minutes.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have all the information available on my computer, or on my mobile devices, why? , well, sometimes I try to disconnect from the internet, to clear my mind a bit, and on weekends, I usually review work issues, to see what I can improve, but I hate having to always be connected to the Internet to access Netsuite, apart from stressing me a bit, distracts me from the work I'm doing, if I could have an offline database of some of the work I do in the working days in this tool would be great, I can do some revisions when I'm at home or elsewhere on weekends.

It is a tool that allows you to perform the different financial operations of a company in a single tool, you can manage almost all these processes from Netsuite, all the purchasing processes, the administration and control to suppliers, all the invoicing of both employees, and to external entities, in short it is a very complete tool to perform all these tasks.

NetSuite review by Will R.
Will R.

"First time Suiteworld attendee - defintely worth it!"

What do you like best?

Netsuite allows us to be as flexible as needed - it’s good at a lot of different things, but it’s great at being customizable. We can change The system to suit our needs and adapt on the fly as requirements change.

What do you dislike?

The testing process for the upgrade schedule leaves a little to be desired. The mobile experience isn’t great - it’s best on a real browser (app is more forward facing rather than back end processing). Also not a huge fan of all the add-ons that should be included with the “standard” addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence.

Accelerated growth, while good, has it’s downfalls and NS has helped minimize those struggles. We’ve unified our financial systems into one platform, consolidated inventory and have visibility into all areas of our business, using metrics we didn’t even know we needed or wanted prior to NS.

NetSuite review by Walter G.
Walter G.

"SuiteSuccess Deployment of NetSuite - Did What They Claimed!"

What do you like best?

We were able to plan our deployment and meet an aggressive schedule due to the able assistance of the NetSuite SuiteSuccess team. During deployment, we met sometimes daily with online conference calls to resolve setup issues and discuss best practices. The implementation team was patient with our questions.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is too "all or nothing." For casual users internally, a tiered model would let them use NetSuite with limited access but without the full subscription price. We would prefer to use more of our team members within the NetSuite environment, but until our business scales a bit more we are holding back. Doing so removes the advantage of robustness for employee turnover in critical positions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with SuiteSuccess to make the deployment nearly seamless. We had help 24/7 during the development and deployment.

We are able to manage our vendor-held inventory with much more precision. Documented intra-company transfers of materials is seamless. With better visibility into the asset allocation, we are experiencing fewer stock out situations.

NetSuite review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Plan for the Future"

What do you like best?

Transparency. Able to connect it to our online website which we should have up and running within 30 days. The reporting is 2nd to none and we can see any Performance Indicators that we need. Extremely customizable.

What do you dislike?

Speed of Netsuite is suitable, but could be improved slightly to make it a little more efficient. Had 2 downtimes for about 30-45 minutes each in the past 4 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely customizable, be clear on your business practices with the SuiteSuccess team so they can set it all up correctly and how you want.

We outgrew our old ERP program and switched to NetSuite as we plan on expanding in the future and NetSuite is a program that we could not see outgrowing ever. We we're able to improve our invoicing processes by almost 75%. The automated inventory tracking is something that we will be taking advantage of once we have some history built up into the system.

NetSuite review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"Painful set up but robust software"

What do you like best?

Net suite ERP is a very robust piece of software. That is its biggest advantage. Also the fact that they have developed through their local representative companies, packages with accounting rules specific to each country. Additionally it looks a little bit more modern than other robust software similar in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that setting it up is a real pain. The process takes months and if you do not hire a certified partner it's completely imposible to make it work. That's because of its robustness, but they should build more pre-packaged stuff into the system so this process can be more agile.

I also dislike the fact that the User Experience is a little bit complex. There are so many options in each view, that sometimes you just get lost in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best recommendation is to make sure you find a strong LOCAL implementer company who can help you throughout the first months of the transition, otherwise the whole set up process could be a disaster. You absolutely need an expert company to do that process for you, but there are several companies claiming they have enough experience and they don't. Do your research.

The biggest business problem we are solving is the fact that we do not have business information in multiple systems anymore. We have been able to consolidate all of our operations and accounting information into one system.

NetSuite review by Jon F.
Jon F.

"Feature-rich cloud based ERP Solution - A solution you can grow with"

What do you like best?

Complete cloud based system requiring limited to no IT support. As the CFO of our small to mid-sized company I am able to provide the on-going support for our NetSuite ERP solution.

What do you dislike?

I am not thrilled with NetSuite's pricing model. They offer deep discounts off list price to get started with your subscription and then over-time back-off the discount , with the goal of you eventually having to pay the full list subscription price - typically increase is 10% annually plus a reduction in your discount (i.e. start at 50%, reduced to 45%, 40%, etc). The general argument is that they are continuously improving their solution and there is no overt charge for upgrades, beyond adjustments to their list price and discounts given. Regardless, the value (price vs. quality) is certainly there. Biggest concern is now that Oracle owns NetSuite, their pricing model will become incomprehensible and they will find a way to make you pay for the same solution over and over again by repacking and calling it something else, like Fusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a great solution for a growing company. We had 15 employees for our primary operating units (3) and recently purchased another that doubled the number of employees to 30. We were able to implement NetSuite for the new company to centralize and integrate all the accounting transactions (A/R, A/P, Financial Reporting, etc.) within a month's time. We maintain no IT Staff to support our ERP system. I would highly recommend NetSuite as a robust solution that is capable of meeting the needs of small, medium sized and large companies. Whether it is accounting, warehouse management, manufacturing, CRM, HR, Payroll, or online storefront/website, NetSuite can provide you with what you need for your business at a reasonable price. I look at it this way, our annual subscription price is just over a third the cost of a dedicated IT Professional and it provides employees with a robust time-saving fully integrated technology tool to manage your business.

Multi-company capabilities was a big benefit to our business. NetSuite allows you to easily consolidate multiple entities, making accounting breeze. Also, the Global Search and Saved Searches and robust reporting allow you to generate about any kind of report you may need, as well as email alerts, and easy distribution via email. Saved Searches and Report writing are fairly easy. Great dashboard capabilities allow you to monitor your key performance indicators and also provide quick access to reports and information you need and use most. All very configurable to meet your specific needs/requirements, both as a company and individually. Scripts sit on top of the base software and are seldom affected by upgrades, making it easy to customize NetSuite to meet your specific business needs. Also like the rich unit of measure conversion capabilities that allow you to purchase in one unit of measure and stock or sell in another (i.e. purchase in metric tons or Kilograms and sell in pounds).

NetSuite review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"NetSuite - A comprehensive solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is very robust and appears that reporting is going to be very comprehensive. Reporting capability is something we are lacking with our current systems and we are excited to have this new ability. NetSuite is also going to allow us to have all facets of our business in one software for the first time so that we can report (hopefully) easily on all those aspects together from one software.

What do you dislike?

On the flip side of being excited for the reporting capabilities, so far the ease of custom reporting has not been as easy & intuitive as I had expected it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point, we have not yet gone live. Part of that is due to integration issues with our POS system. However, the fact that NetSuite is not "local" by any means is a definite drawback. I feel that we would be much further along if we could have face-to-face onsite meetings with our implementation team as needed which is impossible. NetSuite has also had a lot of turnover on our account and we are constantly "re-training" new implementation specialists on our business and where we are in our process.

We are currently still only in our sandbox account and getting everything set up in our production account. We hope to go live within the next couple of months at which time we expect to see great benefit from having all aspects of our business consolidated within one software program.

NetSuite review by kristen l.
kristen l.

"horrific and painful experience"

What do you like best?

the potential that Netsuite possess could be promising. however, the support behind it and how to get the level of experience is the most painful thing i have ever experienced.

the functionality have some great features, but in my opinion could work better for the user

What do you dislike?

First of all the customer support is a joke, the implementation is all customer based and receiving help has to be the most difficult thing ever. We are still struggling and this will be our 2nd year. If you need help you have to send an email to a helpdesk and wait for someone to call you and they are typically from the Philippines. in order to do simple process's like bulk print, you need a saved search. to figure out how to do a saved search you need a net suite specialist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs better Support. More training, Better ways to train. More hands on training for all members.

Headed in the right direction, but by far, needs work on having users able to navigate

the pro of NS, is that we are operating better, We see the short cuts we endured in our business and correcting the flow and the process. However where we thought the software would solve our issues and we would not have to hire additional employees , we have had to double our work force in order to operate.

its also hard because when we first began with NS we did not realize the impact small things have on our record keeping.

NetSuite review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"Awesome ERP System!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact it's web-based and I can access it from anywhere. I also love how easy it is to navigate. If there isn't a way discovered on how to do something it can be figured out. The sky is truly the limit with this system. And I can honestly say I'm stilling learning new ways to navigate and we've been using this system since September 2017. I like the fact that I can be several different roles within my system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system can freeze and run slower at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to perform tons and tons and tons of testing and use the sources available to better your launch and learning experience. Ask questions.

We're currently working on how to better form a couple different reporting forms we used with our previous system and just how to retrieve this data in this ERP system. There is a lot more available and a lot easier process to get the info.

NetSuite review by Saugandh S.
Saugandh S.

"Best ERP system for small-medium sized companies"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud-based platform: I can access the ERP system from anywhere in the world as long as I have the internet connection.

2. Ease of use: the ERP system is easy to understand for a new person.

What do you dislike?

- If the internet connection is slow, it takes time to run reports.

- It doesn't work well with certain web browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend implementing NetSuite for small to medium-sized companies with a less complex business model.

NetSuite is designed for small to medium-sized companies with the less complex business model. I use it for almost all my daily task related to operations management and supply chain planning. NS has helped in various ways -

1. Ease of navigation from one instance to the other.

2. I can set up automatic reports, reminders, delegate tasks through NS.

3. I send many documents (POs and work orders) to my vendors directly through NS.

NetSuite review by Alice H.
Alice H.

""NetSuite ERP Review""

What do you like best?

This instrument is perfect for all the budgetary procedures that are explained day by day in an organization that permits the creation and version of money related reports, with speed and high proficiency. It is a perfect instrument to control the approaching progression of pay to the company,for the invoicing of various requests, electronically, since it gives formats to solicitations and receipts, completely arranged, with which, these can be adjusted in minutes. Netsuite enables us to be as adaptable as required - it's great at various things, however it's extraordinary at being adjustable.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we dislike about product so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes invoicing fast and amazingly straightforward. Loads of options and easy to re-try this item to make it work for your association and what you are invoicing.

We've brought together our monetary frameworks into one stage, solidified stock and have perceivability into all zones of our business, utilizing measurements preceding NetSuite ERP. The computerized stock following is something that we will exploit once we have some history incorporated up with the framework.

NetSuite review by User

"Salesforce on steroids!"

What do you like best?

Netsuite ERP has streamlined our customer interaction process from Cold Lead to Invoice which has simplified our ability to transition accounts from rep to rep effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite ERP is crazy expensive (worth every penny... but still our single largest expense) and while it is somewhat intuitive, the learning curve is STEEP! I completely recommend bringing an expert in to set up the base structure and train the team. Money well spent, otherwise it is complicated enough that it carries the risk of losing momentum in the organization wide implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire an expert to implement!!!! Also... resist the urge to over customize. There are some customizations that will materially impact the effectiveness of the system.

COMMUNICATION!! Our team are rock stars at using Netsuite ERP as it was intended (Quick Pro-tip: Do Not Over Customize!). They are able to communicate and record every interaction in detail and this record has been invaluable, especially with returning customers. After 3-6 months of inactivity it is easy to “forget” the details about a customer. Netsuite has become our shared memory bank.

NetSuite review by Patsy F.
Patsy F.

""NetSuite a component rich ERP framework.""

What do you like best?

NetSuite can do as such numerous things. It is the most effortless program we've at any point utilized for invoicing. It has a variety of choices to look over that you can use. You can tell it to charge a client/parent organization or you can disclose to it that the organization is charge excluded. So everytime you complete a receipt for that organization it will naturally include or not include the assessment. There is even a "record" area that you can transfer shapes like assessment absolved structures, or client contracts. Furthermore, it is so natural to raise an organization and see the majority of the solicitations that we have ever constructed for them in a rundown. It has made our invoicing streamlined and straight forward. This product has such huge numbers of alternatives it's insane. On the off chance that anybody in our bookkeeping office can consider something that would be useful to us on the receipt that isn't as of now there, the leader of our organization can go into the "back ground" of the product and include and erase fields from our invoicing layouts. Love this program!!!

What do you dislike?

It very well may befuddle make sense of how to set up your "Dashboard" for your very own determination and utilization. Other than that there is nothing that we don't care for about NetSuite!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes invoicing quick and extremely simple. Heaps of alternatives and simple to redo this product to make it work for your organization and what you are invoicing.

Recording and following endorsements for installments and solicitations. Netsuite makes it simple for us to introduce the information for endorsement, and simple for the approver to explore and support. We cherish it. Its been a wild achievement. Client commitment is high. The information straightforwardness it gives drives better business choices.

NetSuite review by Babara L.
Babara L.

"Awesome cloud-based ERP"

What do you like best?

I adore the culmination of the instrument. Netsuite houses the majority of our bookkeeping data, including amortization plans, diary passages, charges, seller data, incomes, opex, cost of offers, thus considerably more than I can list here. Each and every bookkeeping capacity my association does goes through Netsuite. What's more, from that point we can transfer legitimately to Adaptive Insights, which we use for our estimating and planning.

What do you dislike?

One downside of the framework is that the UI isn't as perfect as different instruments that we use. The hunt bar is magnificent, however the pursuit apparatus, alongside "list" is less instinctive and doesn't restore the qualities as effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up and utilize your sandbox for preparing and testing - don't bet everything on the creation condition until you've thrashed your procedures completely in the sandbox. I would suggest that associations considering Netsuite take a gander at what number of frameworks they're utilizing for the bookkeeping capacities. On the off chance that that number is mutiple, Netsuite might be an extraordinary apparatus to spare your AP, AR, and bookkeeping groups a ton of time while limiting blunders.

Our bookkeeping group can have all their data on one framework, which enables them to incorporate detailing straight with Netsuite with live access to the continuous information. This is priceless to them since they don't need to stress over aggregating information from different sources into Netsuite or sending out to different sources before doing their revealing. NetSuite is interfacing our whole organization, across the nation, associating deals to support and keeping up a dimension of straightforwardness and perceivability I've never experienced in an ERP.

NetSuite review by Mattie M.
Mattie M.

"Great ERP tool"

What do you like best?

I cherish the reality it's online and I can get to it from anyplace. I additionally love the way simple it is to explore. On the off chance that there is anything but a route found on the best way to accomplish something it tends to be made sense of. The sky is really the breaking point with this framework. What's more, I can genuinely say I'm stilling adapting better approaches to explore and we've been utilizing this framework since September 2017. I like the way that I can be a few unique jobs inside my framework.

What do you dislike?

I despise that the framework can stop and run slower on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a point to perform tons and tons and huge amounts of testing and utilize the sources accessible to better your dispatch and learning knowledge. Make inquiries.

We're at present taking a shot at how to more readily shape a couple distinctive detailing frames we utilized with our past framework and exactly how to recover this information in this ERP framework. There is much increasingly accessible and significantly less demanding procedure to get the data.

NetSuite review by Peter Z.
Peter Z.

"A cloud-based solution for real-time information for all aspects of your business."

What do you like best?

This is the first truly scalable ERP system I've ever encountered, always available to my users wherever and whenever they need access, designed for global commerce and the global supply chain.

What do you dislike?

The search bar is wonderful, but the search tool, next to "list" is less intuitive and doesn't return the values as easily. And the Office365 outlook connector could use some work -- it does not do a great job of automatically associating emails with cases, accounts, or contacts, and the native NetSuite functionality leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maintain and user your sandbox for training and testing -- don't go all-in on the production environment until you've beaten up your processes thoroughly in the sandbox.

NetSuite is connecting our entire company, from coast to coast, connecting sales to service and maintaining a level of transparency and visibility I've never experienced before in an ERP.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Works great for simple processes, but system performance degrades with added customizations."

What do you like best?

- NetSuite is an all-in-one suite for a business- whatever step you are in the process, or role, NetSuite will have a module or function dedicated to it.

- As a NetSuite Administrator, I like best how much we can customize NetSuite from fields to workflows.

- SuiteAnswers is an extremely helpful source of information

- For end users, they like the FAM tracking system and also how easy the period close checklist is. We also like the report querying functionality.

- Resource Import allocation

- Original Project Manager role is restricted only to their subsidiary resources. This is not ideal as projects can have many resources across the globe allocated to their projects.

-Reporting on subsidiary pulls subsidiary currency - it should pull project currency regardless of employee's subsidiary.

What do you dislike?

- The more customization we make, the more the system lags.

- Advanced Revenue Accounting and Project Management has limitations. We've had to create our own scripts to accommodate.

- Searches can not query. This would be extremely helpful since they are more customizable then reports.

- Netsuite does not have a missing timesheet report and we also can not search for it (we can only search for created time).

- We can't import billing schedules into Sales Orders (some of these can be up to 100 lines, and our accountants need to create a new billing schedule to each one).

- We can't select a currency per employee (rather than subsidiary). However, I think there is a resolution coming out for this in 2019.1.

- When we credit a T&M invoice, the time does not become unbilled (like when you delete an invoice). Our Accountants are 100% against re-opening a period which is why we have to credit.

- Dependent on browser, NetSuite returns errors or the browser does. It would be nice to have NetSuite return the error on all browsers so we know what is the error. Errors are also really vague.

- Resource role (Employee Center) should have more insight into their project details. Timesheets and time entries aren't very user friendly.

- Mobile app is not good - not enough functionality, terrible UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will work for your company. Just make sure you have processes set efficiently so you can make less customizations in NetSuite, or consider changing your processes slightly to make the system more user-friendly for your users.

- created our own Dunning system

- invoice templates customized per subsidiary

- integration with Concur and SalesForce to update data

- completing order requests and billing

- financial data derived from the system

NetSuite overall is accomplishing our business needs. What we need most from the system is a more user-friendly interface for our Billing team, and also more capabilities to manage projects for our Project Services team.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"New customer to Netsuite, conversion date 6/24/2018"

What do you like best?

I like the idea that we are fully integrated, however the functionality is not there for us, yet. I hope this convention sheds some light and networking with other NetSuite users may prove quite beneficial.

What do you dislike?

The accounting functions are just not user friendly. Reporting takes a rocket scientist to develop simple reports. We have had to had so many facets customized, and hope we are nearing the end of 3rd party handholding. The POS is painfully SLOW.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend a SERIOUS amount of time in a Sandbox to make sure all your needs are met before taking the leap. And, if anyone tells you the POS works faster outside of the Sanbox, that is not true. Training, training, and more training.

We have not solved any problems with our conversion to NetSuite, only created new ones. I am hopeful that with time (and money) our business practices will be streamlined.

NetSuite review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"Netsuite is a fantastic tool for accounting workflows!"

What do you like best?

I love the completeness of the tool. Netsuite houses all of our accounting information, including amortization schedules, journal entries, bills, vendor information, revenues, opex, cost of sales, and so much more than I can list here. Every single accounting function my organization does runs through Netsuite. And from there we are able to upload directly to Adaptive Insights, which we use for our forecasting and budgeting.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike, but one drawback of the system is that the UI is not as clean as other tools that we use. Salesforce and Adaptive have extremely intuitive, user-friendly, and graphically appealing UI's. While Netsuite houses a lot of information, the UI does seem rather bulky, with a lot of links in the navigation bar across the top. Sometimes I have to search a few places to find what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that organizations considering Netsuite look at how many systems they're using for the accounting functions. If that number is more than 1, Netsuite may be a great tool to save your AP, AR, and accounting teams a lot of time while minimizing errors.

Our accounting team is able to have all their information on one system, which allows them to build reporting straight into Netsuite with live access to the real-time data. This is invaluable to them because they don't have to worry about compiling data from other sources into Netsuite or exporting to other sources before doing their reporting.

NetSuite review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"The best possible switch we could have found!"

What do you like best?

Most employees here enjoy the GUI presence and reporting/saved search capabilities. Everyday tasks and data can be gathered real-time and in seconds. Very versatile when it comes to dashboards. I personally enjoy the reports and ease of access to databases.

What do you dislike?

Not all 'fields' are reportable, but there is almost always a way to gather that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to companies that have made the switch - ask them why they switched, what went well, what didn't go so well, and what they wish they had done differently prior or after go-live. If you are using an outside consulting group to help go live, research multiple choices and make sure they are family with your industry.

Real time solutions and tracking inventory/sales. Process and task automation has also cut hours out of each day. This has allowed us to continue our growth without over inflating our expenses.

NetSuite review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"NetSuite is a complete easy to use ERP system but requires a lot of diligence in setup"

What do you like best?

Global Search makes finding transactions, entities, and saved searches and reports very easy. I have confidence in the mathematical processes behind transactions and canned reports. Almost all fields are searchable. Searches allow formula creation, summarizing, and pivot tables. Custom fields, records, and forms are easy to create and edit.

What do you dislike?

Physical inventory with multiple branch locations and multiple bins is somewhat weak. Searches are great, but reports are not quite as transparent or logical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choosing a good partner for implementation; they will be your fortune teller and life line. Our original consultant had to quit and jumping through several more after that was quite a headache. Some features if set up wrong initially will be very difficult to impossible to change later on. Don't try to import history; takes way too long and too many connections to get them all right.

Following a part or bus item through all phases of sale and purchase and service after the sale. Seeing the big picture of a customer.

NetSuite review by Benjer P.
Benjer P.

"Implementation of NetSuite ERP for new startup"

What do you like best?

While NetSuite is a very diverse and complicated ecosystem and can be overwhelming to navigate during the implementation process, there is massive community of individuals, organizations and online resources to help guide and direct you through the process and make your deployment a real success!

What do you dislike?

The inherent complexity due to a system so capable is to make sure you don't get lost in the weeds and make sure you don't make your deployment overly complicated and actually inhibit long-term growth and success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your eye on the prize - don't overthink and over-complicate your deployment!

An incredibly complicated Supply Chain/accounting process for building high-rise residential buildings (procuring the materials and subcontractors for the entire building including finishes. Managing the ordering of tens of thousands of products from hundreds of vendors on a timeline that doesn't hold back the development and actual building process.

NetSuite review by Cherith A.
Cherith A.

"Love Our System"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is one of the most intuitive systems I have used. Ironically, I have no accounting background, but using NS has helped me teach myself how accounting works. The reporting is so robust, and saved searches are a dream come true.

What do you dislike?

The great thing about Netsuite is how customizable it is - the flip side of that is that the more you customize, the slower it goes, so everything must be changed with care.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you implement thoughtfully, Netsuite can be with you for the rest of your life. They will scale with you and work with you to make sure the the system is customized to your specific use case.

Recording and tracking approvals for payments and invoices. Netsuite makes it easy for us to present the data for approval, and easy for the approver to navigate and approve.

NetSuite review by Phi H.
Phi H.

"Good UI and UX"

What do you like best?

The UI of Netsuite is much better than Oracle ERP which I used before switching.

I can customize many things: menu bar, color, fonts, there is an favorite menu items and even a form of a function. I can create custom fields, put them any where I want.

As a cloud service, performance of NetSuite is also better than Oracle ERP desktop application.

What do you dislike?

The way of menu organization is not friendly enough, at least for a user just switch from Oracle ERP like me.

It makes the manufacturing process simpler. At my point of view as a software engineer, we can save a lot of efforts for maintain the system (a common advantage of cloud services). As before with Oracle ERP, our IT has to maintain and care about the uptime, about the browser users were using, which version of java (jre) was running on client machine. Now all of them are gone with NetSuite.

NetSuite review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"Brand new to NetSuite ERP, and loving it so far"

What do you like best?

The NetSuite support teams have gone above and beyond. All of our questions/concerns are handled timely if able to. We love the team!

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, if anything we're having trouble with inter-company transactions - specifically vendors not being able to view in transactions across subsidiaries. Currently working with NetSuite team to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent option for ERP. We are thrilled to be moving from a very limited product for our growing business.

Our business relied heavily on manual entry, none of our programs communicated with each other. We are implementing a CRM, POS, and the NetSuite ERP with custom integrations to alleviate the grunt work so we can focus on what's important - our clients and company growth.

NetSuite review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"End User for 6+ years"

What do you like best?

As an end user, what I most like about NetSuite is the ability to have information from so many different areas in one place. It allows me to look up my sales orders, but also invoices, the customer NPS, and automatically logs my communication. It has been very helpful in quarterly and yearly planning as we track all of our sales metrics in NetSuite. We have also used it for expenses, which is not the friendliest system, but still allowed my information to be in one place.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is old, and pulling reports on my own is not simple. For our company, it has not been a good system for both customer support and sales to work out of effectively. It seems the way the accounts are setup primarily help one group or another.

The biggest problem Frontline solved with NetSuite ERP was getting all the billing and invoicing into one place. This primarily helped out the finance team at Frontline, which needed to accurately and efficiently track financial metrics. These tools have been helpful through 2 acquisitions over the last 5 years.

NetSuite review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"I use NetSuite daily for sales tracking."

What do you like best?

In my role I mostly use it as a CRM for sales. I like that everything is integrated and useful for the sales process and visibility into the customer relationship, creating opportunities, quotes, and tracking and scheduling followup. One of the best things is the saved searches and reports which have a high level of customization.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite is quite expensive and the support is terrible unless you're a high paying customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do lots of research of your needs and what NetSuite offers.

Our company uses it for accounting and other back-office management and more recently to solve marketing campaigns keeping everything central and without having to use another software. This gives us the analytics we need for the sales process without being in another software.

NetSuite review by David B.
David B.

"A good accounting software."

What do you like best?

NetSuite makes it easy to combine multiple objects, which simplifies accounting. In addition, global search and saved searches as well as reliable reports allow you to create reports of any kind that are needed. We really like the fact that there are email alerts and simple email distribution. Saved searches and writing reports are pretty simple. Extensive dashboard features allow you to track key performance indicators, as well as provide quick access to reports and information that you need and which you use most often. We were able to customize it to meet your specific needs, both in the company and individually.

What do you dislike?

If the Internet connection is slow, then the report launch will be slow. And also some web browsers are not supported, so you have to change them.

We used it for accounting and other back office management.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Buyer Beware - horrible experience all around"

What do you like best?

The only advantage over QBO is SOX compliance and actual API. Other than those two items, QBO actually functions better than NS.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start? From the implementation where I hired NS, please do yourself a favor and never do this. I had to abandon NS after paying them and hire a prof services firm to help me implement. Mind you I was migrating from QBO to NS, so I should have been in their sweet spot. I also was an AP only company with little to no overall complexity. The actual software itself is cumbersome, not user friendly and when you design reports yourself they do not read the data the same way the canned reports do. If you date an invoice for June but have it post to October due to receiving it in October, your canned reports will show that invoice in Oct, your customer reports will put it in June.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful. I personally do not recommend it.

NS has actually introduced issues and prolonged my close. I am desperately trying to turn it into a TB that we only log into to do journal entries. My advice is buyer beware. I have done many implementations in my career and worked with many software platforms. NS has been by far one of the worst experiences I have had to date.

NetSuite review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Capable system with a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is a very capable ERP with numerous modules that allow you to configure your business to match your existing business processes. It provides the ability to customize the system via workflows and custom code. From the perspective of a Director of IT, it is a powerful tool that can be customized with JavaScript for server and client-side programming.

Saved searches can help the entire organization to be able to get access to business data quickly. Other systems we used hid the data behind reports and made it difficult to know what was actually happening. Saved searches are as simple to use as adding fields and criteria. However, they can be very powerful allowing formulas to be used that include Oracle functions.

What do you dislike?

Required implementation specialists to help get the system setup, which took much longer than expected.

SuiteCommerce Advanced has improved in the last couple of years but requires technical staff who are fluent in JavaScript SPAs to make the most of it. I strongly recommend anyone considering this module evaluate it very carefully because many third party plugins are not compatible with this system or require custom setup to get them to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consultant group other than NetSuite professional services for any implementation.

Unified order processing and accounting, including an e-commerce website that uses the same platform.

NetSuite review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Wish I never rang them"

What do you like best?

Nothing so far, service is poor, training videos are very bad

What do you dislike?

I am in implementation phase and it has been a nightmare from day 1. Once you get past all the ridiculously outdated sales crap they come out with from the 1990s, you then figure out their "all in one solution" is far from the truth. They made numerous false promises of integrations, nothing seemed like an issue....at first!

Next, once you have paid your deposit of course, oh we can't do that, but we can if you pay us more. This happened no fewer than 4 times. I have now officially asked for my money back - all of it. What a scam company.

Communication from numerous people where english is not their first language, impossible to understand and through tech jargon around, with incorrect pronunciations, No wonder we had n o idea what they are on about. I had to say "sorry can you say that agin on a 1 hour call no fewer than 18 times.

But when I got my accountant on the line, they couldn't answer a question with a straight yes or no.

"Does your system do cash accounting"? - They don''t know

Is your system MTI compliant? - They don't know.

ERP experts - do me a favour

DO NOT BUY - FAR BETTER VERSIONS OF WHAT THEY ARE ELSEWHERE FOR FAR LESS

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT BUY!!!!!! - KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE

None, its creating them

NetSuite review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"User turned partner"

What do you like best?

A single intuitive logic and fantastic context sensitive help and knowledge base makes learning and expanding use of NetSuite easy.

What do you dislike?

End to end feature training is expensive, even for online only courses. New features take a while for help pages to catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a platform for growth. A single package rather than a series of integrated modules means it runs without a hitch. Just make sure you pick an implementation partner who understands your business for them to be able to successfully enable your business with NetSuite.

I ran my own business on NetSuite for 5 years and found it covered all my needs end to end. From CRM and quoting, to manufacturing and financials, it ticked every box. Best landed cost I’ve ever used. Was so impressed that I became a NetSuite partner.

NetSuite review by Nancy B.
Nancy B.

"Bureaucratic Hell"

What do you like best?

The ERP system works very well for us but see my comments below

What do you dislike?

NetSuite developers for custom projects and handling errors in management of our sandboxes has been terrible.

One customization that was included in our initial purchase is now over 2 years late and the action on it is excruciatingly slow. I was told we were a priority 6 months ago but have seen no evidence of that. I am told that the issue has been escalated but nothing changes. I am told about all these bureaucratic steps that need to be done before they can proceed. Probably the purchase by Oracle is to blame for this.

The sandbox domains were changed this year and are still a problem. In January, I had to wait 3 or 4 weeks for a refresh. Now, because of the project above having a separate sandbox that needed to be refreshed, I can not access my main sandbox. Both of these projects are big for my company and have severely impacted our productivity.

This has been a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how to contact your account managers managers

Replaced an outdated ERP system

NetSuite review by Lân N.
Lân N.

"NetSuite - A giant "

What do you like best?

They have anything you need for your online system, it provide all function to manage your customers, orders, taxes, shipments, refunds, your people. You have one place to manage all, you don't need to use that for orders, using "another that" for fulfillment, "another thing" to handle customer's tickets.

You won't find the completeness anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

The greatest comes with a cost, and they bill each on every user. The cost will really a issue if you want to add all people in your operation into NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find the completeness here, don't find anywhere else. You will have everything in hand: inventory, order, shipment, cost, purchase order, vendor, every terms you can think of it.

We are building the API to integrate orders flow from another system (Magento) into NetSuite and very impressed by the system. Manage orders and shipments are very quick and efficient.

NetSuite review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Integrated data at our fingertips"

What do you like best?

I love the instant availability of accurate data. I can see detail and summary information any time I want or need it.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite has been a bit cumbersome for our shipping process, but there is customization that can be done to resolve that concern. We just have not had the time or energy to focus on the scripting that is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite works well to figure out a solution for you. Listen to them & consider their input when creating the processes and procedures to implement the software into your company. Their broad experience will bring benefit to your company - but they are also willing to make it fit into your companies specific requirements.

Our inventory counts are now accurate to the minute. We can see sales instantly. Both areas were hard for us before we implemented NetSuite.

NetSuite review by David L.
David L.

"Lots of promises poor execution"

What do you like best?

The UI is generally clean and for the most part customization. Being cloud based it is accessible globally on any internet enabled device

What do you dislike?

Being cloud based any update can trash your processes and for the most part do. Worse though is the horrible execution of new functionality which should at best be considered beta quality. Oracle/NetSuite development seems more interested in saying that they have developed a solution for some business need rather than making sure that solution actually works. It takes years before a solution goes from released to usable. Generally it seems that everything is developed in a vacuum with no team interaction.

Well we are processing sales and doing core accounting.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Pretty flexible platform but poor advanced reporting capabilities + account management"

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to record journal entries and any subsequent modifications. Good file upload mechanism to access underlying statements. Have some basic reports that are sufficient. Administrative settings are easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The platform has gone down at very critical times, including twice during our financial audit. Since becoming part of Oracle the client experience is drastically different -- Account manager seems to change every three months and getting help is near impossible. Knowledgebase has a fair number of articles but most are not relevant/helpful in solving your problem. API and integrations are extremely buggy -- no consistency in sync times and no error logging to help troubleshoot. Reporting dashboards are not helpful and most advanced reporting will need to be done using excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you lock in multi-year pricing

Good cloud-based system (having migrated from on-prem QB) that is sufficient for multi-entity reporting (beware of FX issues). Sufficient for basic billing and revenue recognition schedules.

NetSuite review by Manal  L.
Manal L.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is easy to use & you can almost always undo what you did or edit your mistakes. It's also easy to explore around and figure out most things just by clicking on certain tabs. I have figured out solutions to all issues that I've encountered that way or by going to Suite Answers. I've also managed to help others as well even if it wasn't related to my field just by clicking the different tabs. It is a very user friendly system!

What do you dislike?

I need to run reports yet I can't figure out how to do it, even the person that came to train us didn't know how and promised to get back to us but never did. There were some problems with some incorrect defaults that she was going to also get back to us on but she also didn't. I wish the support was better. We also Wish we had a better teacher at the beginning when we first got NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although we did have our own issues with training at the beginning I do like NetSuite and would recommend it.

I find it very easy to use, most tabs are easy to explore and I have been not only able to do my job to help others figure out their job as well. Although I am in accounts payable, I have been able to take on more roles because I was able to click on the different tabs, search Suite answers and train others in their fields.

NetSuite review by Sam A.
Sam A.

"Full featured Cloud ERP and Business Platform"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has come a long way from humble Netledger - a QuickBook alternative. I like the modular approach of it and potential of customization and use it as complete business platform. One of the best thing Netsuite have is the SAVED SEARCH - if Netsuite was a nut the saved search would have been the nut cracker. Unlike other ERP saved search allows you to take a deep dive and create amazing reports and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the nickel and dime approach to their pricing. Also lack some basic features like consolidated invoicing, restrictive access to DB tables, cannot do multi join in searches etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to determine your business processes before implementation, also try to modify your current business process to fit in to Netsuite's schema instead of making Netsuite to fit in with your process.

This is a full featured ERP and competitively priced.

NetSuite review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"Powerful ERP system for national flooring company"

What do you like best?

Netsuite's powerful ERP system manages all aspects of our business. We utilize workflows and custom forms heavily to automate many tasks that would otherwise require staffing and multiple software tools and spreadsheets. Netsuite handles all aspects of the customer path from ordering to purchasing through shipping to the customer.

What do you dislike?

We are currently using Netsuite's ecommerce tool, Site Builder. It is an older product in the suite and is very limited in functionality to their newer Suite Commerce Advance, however SCA is prohibitively expensive for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is very complex and documentation requires a high level of technical skill. You need a consultant or someone with previous Netsuite experience for an effective integration.

Netsuite handles business process automation very effectively.

NetSuite review by Todd M.
Todd M.

"NetSuite - a solid choice for CRM + Financial"

What do you like best?

Most other products that get stacked up NetSuite against (Salesforce), are great at CRM, but lack the financial tools that NetSuite has. They really aren't the same thing. NetSuite has both and performs both well. We've found NetSuite flexible enough to build task queues and other tools to help us get work done, these are all tied back to actual customer accounts and orders making ROI easier to track.

What do you dislike?

The UI of NetSuite feels old. Some people care about this, some people don't. NetSuite does lack the slick integration with tools like IFTTT and I've not found it on the one-click integrations on tools like Trello or Slack. That's probably because it contains a financial component, but it would certainly be a huge upgrade to use some of these other tools with the power or NetSuite.

Tracking ROI and CLV have been easier when all tasks can be attributed directly to the customer. NetSuite makes this fairly easy. NetSuite has saved Adtegrity money in this regard by letting us focus more on the accounts that have a better ROI, and improving those that are falling behind.

NetSuite review by Isaac S.
Isaac S.

"Great ERP product but beware Services and Implementation"

What do you like best?

Responsiveness of software; reliability and up-time; great features and functions; fast and efficient connectivity to 3rd-party applications; large and responsive community of users, developers and partners, great automation tools and scalable user interface; Account Manager has been very responsive with updates and available workarounds, and spreading knowledge about functionality.

What do you dislike?

As of 2015, NetSuite does some things really well and some things not so well. It can be difficult to differentiate what NetSuite "offers" and what NetSuite "excels at". Services division routinely under-performs with implementations, and some of the add-ons are just fluff. The support is decently available through email, but the call support has been bad. On-hold queue for phone support for 20+ minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for partners that specialize in your vertical. NetSuite is robust and can be adapted to just about any business. Getting a good partner and getting sufficient resources for implementation will make the whole experience better.

Efficiency and automation have been a lot easier with NetSuite ERP. It is 100% cloud-based so we don't have to worry about hosting or security issues with sensitive information. Workflows have almost unlimited potential to automate processes. The sky is the limit and we routinely find that NetSuite over-performs the grandest ideas that we can think of.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Great product, has everything you need, but be patient..."

What do you like best?

Time tracking management is awesome! NetSuite will allow you to have tools to manage your every resources of a project, plus having planned time forecasted for planning, it was a pain that was killing us back in the time. Now we are able to predict. One other thing is that we try to keep everything here, so, by having one single source of truth help us prevent any faults in our system.

What do you dislike?

Page loading time is slow, be patient... One thing I like the least of this product is the fact that it is slow, it should be way faster. Other thing I dislike are those popup windows for most edit and show pages. The UI looks old not modern, other tools like SalesForce, etc, have updated the customer experience, while using NetSuite I sometimes feel I'm back in the caves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is not easy, we hired an specialized consulting team to help us get on board of it and also for training. My recommendation would be to have some 3rd party experts to give you support while you learn the basics and have issues with the advanced features.

- Time tracking, we were having problems finding the right solution. We built a quick app using the netsuite API to allow our team to check-in their time easily.

- Automated invoices, we used to have problems to create manually some invoices, not we have automated the invoice process saving tons of time.

- Forecasting, with time tracking planned time we can forecast future work better than on a spreadsheet

- Single source of truth, we can have everything on a single place it gives us the advantage of don't loosing track to anything.

NetSuite review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"NetSuite Review "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using NetSuite I am in marketing at an alcohol importer and I‎t is easy to check what point of sale is in inventory at all times and when more is arriving. You can also check inventory of product at anytime. Also, we keep track on our expenses which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I believe NetSuite should be a little more visually appealing and have the numbers line up better when viewing on a laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that NetSuite should try to make the program a little more visually appealing/easier to find items.

We are solving the problem of overspending due to we save our reports for each brands spend that we can easily check to see how much money has gone against the brand to compare on what we have left.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great ERP System"

What do you like best?

Very little maintenance required on my part. Cloud based solution means we don't need a server in house anymore. All updates are done by NetSuite. As long as we have internet we can almost always connect from anywhere, even using cellular data (3G or 4G) on iPads and smart phones. I love the ease of organization of data. I love the ease of building forms and searches. Reports are a little more complicated, but I am learning how to better choose my base reports to customize and how to choose which field to pick as many fields in different tables have the same name.

What do you dislike?

The product is primarily focused on E-commerce and B2C sales. We are a B2B company, a manufacturer, and a custom service company. A lot of times our "products" are all custom, nothing is always the same. So generating Estimates that turn into Sales Orders that you eventually Invoice out to the customer gets a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is a stable platform that grows and changes and will continue to over time. Any business must customize it's processes to suit particular needs, and NetSuite definitely gives a company the flexibility to adapt to changing scenarios

love it for the accounting end of my job... sales not so much, I mean, having all of the customers in there is awesome... I just feel like there could be a more streamlined method from the start to finish of a sale. For the most part, though, I have no complaints

NetSuite review by Dale E.
Dale E.

"NetSuite ERP - Best Mid-level ERP"

What do you like best?

The very best feature of NetSuite ERP for a mid-level growing organization is how it scales and allows a growing company to distribute operations beyond corporate headquarters.

What do you dislike?

Like any ERP, much of the functionality needs to be purchased through add-on modules. NetSuite seems to target the cut-off of base functionality to facilitate upselling rather than targeting complete functionality and upselling through additional features and enhancements. A little backwards in my book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review your business requirements thoroughly, it's much easier to implement additional modules and third-party offerings with the initial implementation than to add them later.

I have solved problems from IT (SaaS eliminating the complexities of a self-hosted ERP) to process improvement and integrating the ERP and CRM as well as enhanced Warehouse Management and improved Sales and Upsell processes.

NetSuite review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Feature-rich ERP with tons of expandibility"

What do you like best?

NetSuite provided a single source for all of our company's financial data. It was able to integrate with a number of systems - namely our recurring billing service Stripe, and our HRIS system, UltimateSoftware. This removed a lot of the manual work each month completing entries based on data from these systems, and the consolidation / reporting functionality was amazing once up and running.

What do you dislike?

Getting the system to work as intended, and as sold, can be either very time consuming, or very expensive. While the system itself has lots of features, some are behind additional subscriptions, and others require expert consultants to setup which adds to the implementation cost. Additionally, some processes just take longer in NetSuite because of its own inherent depth - e.g., bank reconciliations require matching transactions across a number of modules, rather than an auto import system like in consumer grade systems such as Xero.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Either be prepared to shell out additional funds for implementing from the beginning, or provide a significant amount of time for the internal team to both learn how to use, and correctly setup the systems you are wanting to use.

Month-end close and consolidated reporting was previously a very time consuming process. NetSuite cut the time to consolidate down significantly. Consolidating the financial statements of two different entities in two functional currencies was now almost immediate, rather than a day's worth of work. Additionally, with the integrations up and running, we had the ability to run financial statements more closely to real-time than ever before.

NetSuite review by Kingsley C.
Kingsley C.

"Does everything with lots of flexibility, just takes a while to setup"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system allowing basically anything to be done. Customized reports, consolidation, multi currency, invoicing, dunning, and the list goes on. We never fully utilized all of NetSuite's features but they are truly limitless with all the additional modules. The revenue recognition part was the most game changing on a positive aspect.

What do you dislike?

The complexity was challenging, to get reports going took a lot of time. I recall doing budget to actual needed more timing than I hoped. But once they're setup it works well. It's overall not as user and GUI friendly as Xero or GP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not exactly as simple as the sales rep make it out to be. Implementation in itself is a full time job and then tweaking it to do what you want it to do is another headache in itself.

The main items were consolidation, revenue recognition and multi currency for financial and managerial reporting. Benefits was reports that were exactly what I wanted to present to the board.

Learn more about NetSuite ERP

NetSuite ERP Videos

Learning about NetSuite ERP?

* We monitor all NetSuite ERP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9