ShipStation Reviews & Product Details

ShipStation Overview

What is ShipStation?

Import, manage & ship your orders with ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. We integrate with over 150 of the most popular marketplaces, shopping carts, & carriersplus, you can have as many selling channels & carriers as you need. With ShipStation you get: up to 40% off USPS rates & 29% off FedEx rates; the Branded Tracking Page & Returns Portal; customizable automation rules to prevent errors & cut your shipping time in half; an easy-to-use interface; a totally free 30 day trial!

ShipStation Details

ShipStation integrates with all the most popular shopping carts and marketplaces so you don't have to. No more copying and pasting just to create a label. We import all your orders for you.

Stamps.com
@StampsCom

ShipStation Reviews

Showing 123 ShipStation reviews
Already have ShipStation?
What do you like best?

Maybe the world's leading shipping system but the world's worst support and customer service in the world. My system does not work and there is no support to fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The worst customer service, support and customer value. These people just don't care. Stay away if you value your time and business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you think you wil lever require customer support, this is not the product for anyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

paid for the system and cannot use it. Broken system with a long string of back and forth pointless robotic email and chat with no solution. Just the same meaningless referrals to long stupid webinars that solve nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Sales/Co-Founder
What do you like best?

It is great that it integrates well with other softwares (I use it with Chargebee), connecting it with FedEx, USPS and UPS account is also easy. I love that they have discounted rates from UPS, these rates are heavily discounted for small packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User interface is quite boring and it could improve on many functionality. Their search functionality is horrible. I would still recommend Shipstation over any other such softwares in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can rely on shipstation and it will defintely not mess up label creation or order management. It has heavily discounted ups rates for small packages. It integrates well with other softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using shipstation to send orders and create labels. My shipstation account is integrated with Chargbee, so orders are created in chargbee, then they are sent to shipstation, then we create labels in shipstation. It makes our process quite easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Corporate and Nonprofit Partnerships
What do you like best?

I love Shipstation and have been using it for 5+ years -- I would recommend it to any small business or ecommerce business with their own warehouse.

Very customizable rules and filters, easy to integrate with lots of other apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features to help with cost-savings on shipping rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it until you outgrow it! Great to get started with, and very customizable. If you ultimately need to move on to something else, you won't regret your time with Shipstation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to easily centralize shipments from our Shopify stores, Amazon, and manual sales, as well as integrate with multiple shipping providers. It's easy to use and our warehouse vendor can use it too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

We use this to ship all orders through our small business. It's awesome that you can be connected to all of our vendors (ie. Shopify, Etsy, etc.). While some orders load automatically we do have to manually enter a few, this process is very easy. We find it super easy to crate batches to ship like orders with just one click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I've found from using Shipstation is the ability to verify address especially those that are international. We've had some issues delivering to quite a few international locations and many have been returned to us as having an "incomplete address". Domestically we don't seem to have issues aside from the occasional incorrect apartment number. Aside from those issues this is my only dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shipstation keeps all of our orders in one central location, it's amazing! Orders are imported quickly and easy to find. We use it for far more than just shipping, it's also a great tool to prep invoices that need to be mailed out as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ShipStation makes it east to track, manage, and review all of our shipments across multiple selling platforms like Magento, Amazon Seller Central, Walmart Seller Center, and Ebay. I like that our team can handle everything in one place whether it's a regular shipment, return label, tracking insights across all channels, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about ShipStation is that when you are clicked into an order and click the"Create Another Shipment" button, there is no way (that I know of) to add a product or item to the shipment. This gives you a blank packing slip which makes it hard for packing. It can be circumvented by creating a new order and typing in the customers info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are bale to track all of our packages coming in and going out. Whether we are expecting a return or shipping out 300 packages, it is easy to view and locate what shipment you are specifically looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Consultant
What do you like best?

As an eCommerce company, at CDH, Inc., we use ShipStation for all of our shipping needs. With ShipStation we can easily supply customers with immediate shipping information and keep our ship team on track. What do we like best about ShipStation?

*ShipStation ties in well with our Shopify account.

*The wide variety of shipping company’s allow us to ship internationally and within the US.

*Daily reports allow the ship team and management team to view Pending and Current Orders, Orders waiting to ship, Orders shipped, Stores from Orders shipped, and more.

*We operate our own online store as well as a store on Amazon and eBay seamlessly with ShipStation.

*ShipStation works on all platforms — PC, mobile devices, etc.

*Monitor inventory levels.

*Easily communicate with customers on their orders and shipments.

*Generate automatic communications with the Ship team and customers.

*Adding and changing products with ShipStation is not hard.

*Shipping labels print easily.

*API functions and procedures work well across operating systems and applications.

*There are all kinds of training videos for ShipStation online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

CONS:

*The Beta software requires a learning curve.

*The best browsers for ShipStation are Microsoft Edge and Chrome. If you plan to use FireFox don’t.

*DKIM/SPF email verification is not allowed. That means customers receive emails directly from our email address instead of from "via shipstation.com." (SPF allows email senders to define which IP addresses are allowed to send mail for a particular domain, while DKIM provides an encryption key and digital signature that verifies that an email message was not forged or altered.)

*Know your shippers. Ship rates can be pricey if you don’t watch for the best deals. We have found the best pricing to be from USPS, FedEx, and DHL.

*Keep in mind, there is NO phone support for lower-priced plans.

*Since COVID-19, processing from eBay has been a bit longer.

*Since COVID, ShipStation customer service has not been good.

*Not sure if this is a pro or con, but ShipStation and Shipping Easy are now the same company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShipStation allows small and medium-sized eCommerce stores to ship like the big boy companies. With ShipStation, you can integrate your online, eBay, and Amazon stores easily. The dashboard in ShipStation will let your entire team see what is happening with orders and supply in real-time. Run a lean shipping environment with fewer employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

*The ShipStation Dashboard provides great detail.

*ShipStation has allowed us to consolidate all of our stores into one program.

*Reports can be easily generated for the Ship, Management, and Production teams.

*We are able to run a leaner shipping operation with ShipStation.

*ShipStation has removed most of the guesswork for our ship employees.

*ShipStation has allowed us to ship as many packages as needed, just like the big boy companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Multi-chanel integration is phenomenal. Great for my multiple sites. Puts everything in one easy to use platform. Shipping discounts for USPS are good, but not earth shattering. The app is nice if you just want to quickly look up the status of an order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Batch processing can get cumbersome if using different companies. BUT if you keep batches separated by shipping company you're good.

I also would LOVE to pay by the year for this service. $9 every month is cheap enough to just pay for a year and be done with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Actually, this has helped with accounting more than anything. Keeps tabs on sales numbers and shipping costs. Would love to keep track of shipping supply costs per shipment, but not a biggie. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about ShipStation:

- It easily integrates with may different Selling channels Amazon, E-Bay, Jet, Facebook, Google Shopping, Walmart and our own website.

- many different shipping services, we Use USPS, UPS, FedEx options but there are many more available.

- Customizable labels, packing slips, and tracking pages are very professional.

- Ability to batch large volumes of orders and automatically confirm tracking back to channels and customers.

- Order / Customer / Tracking all super easy to look up in one location

- Customizable fields by each user, allows you to see information specifically the way you want.

- Customer Service is very responsive and helpful

ShipStation has greatly simplified our operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't complain about much.

My one request is that it would allow shipping to be bought through "Amazon Buy Shipping" as this service does have some advantages for Amazon Orders.

Personally I prefer the V2 over the V3, but thankfully I am not forced into the new version in which larger fields allow less room for viewing required columns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you ship more than 50 packages a day or operate on multiple sales channels definitely give it a try Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have tried quite a few shipping integrations. ShipStation has satisfied our needs and we are no longer looking for a better solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The absolute ease to have all the information I want at a few simple clicks of a mouse. The user friendly interface and well laid out screens make this software both a necessity and a blessing when using on a daily basis. I have found that it is not only helpful but without the ever changing world of eCommerce it is constantly being improved upon to make things even easier. The absolute best feature for me personally is the insights tab. This one little section gives me more information than I could ever imagine and allows us to track much needed analytics without having to have multiple browser tabs open which can and often does cause confusion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish inventory tracking was a little more robust with real time refresh rather than having to refresh manually on occasion. Overall the software is very intuitive and is solid enough for the needs we have on a daily basis. I cannot think of any real red flag issues that need improvements at the time of me writing this review as the development team, clearly knows what the needs of today's users and tomorrows users will be as the eCommerce space continues to evolve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you take the time to follow the easy instructions for integrations and set up this platform is a breeze to work with. Customer support is beyond helpful if you have a question that you simply cant figure out and will walk you through the fix step by step. The software in general is so easy to use that often times I find myself just clicking on different tabs to see their functionality and how they can be implemented to make things even easier than they already are on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The knowledge of being able to print accurate USPS,UPS or FedEx labels all from one platform saving time and energy. The overall user friendliness of the platform makes it very attractive and with pricing plans being so affordable, I cannot see any drawbacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Logistics Coordinator
What do you like best?

Since I am using almost all features except Customers and Products option, most valued for me personaly is automaticaly well synchronizing orders and shipments from multiple e-commerce platforms.

Also, since we are doing rental business, feature such as easy modifying packing slips is very valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Shipping rates calculator can be better for example link to the certain order.

Also, I don't like newest visual style of website (from July 2020). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for next things:

- Managing orders,

- Creating shipping labels,

- Shipping rates

- Tracking shipments

Simply, this is good software which reduces time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shipstation helps me keep organized and get my products out quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The address validation could be an issue on international packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of what I send out, creating batch labels and what I'm being charged for shipping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Sales Manager
What do you like best?

It is a great way to do all of my shipping from one place. I can process orders from our website, Amazon, Walmart, E-bay, Google, and other sources. It's great that I can process the shipments in ShipStation and it feeds the tracking and shipment info back to the selling platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app is lacking, it has the minimum needed for me to ship outside the office. It's not easy to process a lot of shipments this way, but it works if it's the only option I have. We process some shipments manually due to them being in store pickup, but ShipStation doesn't have an option for that, as of now. Support is non-existent. Issues we've had could have been solved quickly with a phone call, but all support has been via chat/e-mail and takes much longer than needed for a simple fix, especially when shipment deadlines are approaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits are saving time by not having to go to each selling platform to give shipment information for each order we ship out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Operations Engineer
What do you like best?

Shipstation easily integrates into most e-commerce platforms which allows it to pull in all of the order info and then send the tracking number and ship confirmation back up. You can also add rules that will change certain settings or info depending on what type of order comes in or based on any number of other situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to use the quickship feature, but just isn't usable for the way we operate. It would be helpful to see that change or become more customizable for different situations. The shipstation connect software seems weak and maybe buggy. You can't customize any settings from it and it'll randomly lose its connection to shipstation and the printers associated with it on occasion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has greatly increased the rate and efficiency in which we ship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Agent
What do you like best?

ShipStation makes it easy for us to keep track of our shipping and orders. It also makes it a dream to print our shipping labels for our rings. It also keeps all of our orders in order so that we are able to go right in and find what we're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One problem we have with ShipStation is that you can't edit orders and there is a longer tedious process to join two orders together when we want to ship multiple rings or items to the same address. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aside from the editing issues, I have realized that we would be taking way more time to go through our orders and ship them if we weren't using Ship Station. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

Automation is the best thing I like about ShipStation. As soon as orders are imported you can set rules depending on a variety of factors such as the store it came from, the products that were ordered, etc... I have it set to automatically select the package size, delivery method, which shipping account to use, which warehouse it is shipping from. All I do is click print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing comes to mind. I disliked the newer version, I believe it was V3. It was bit clunky and lost some of the functionality of V2, however it was just a beta version and I was able to opt out. The mobile app could use some more development, it sometimes crashes on me however it works fine after a restart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, sign up for a trial version and read the guides to setting up automation. Saves you the time. Even if you are only shipping 2-3 packages a day, it was worth it going from 5 minutes a label to a few seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrating Shipstation with our company streamlined our shipping and made it easy to automate the process. I can ship orders even when i'm out of the office, all I need is my mobile phone. I have my label printer connected to ShipStations print server and that lets me print the label and just have one of our employees stick it to the box. This option allows me to be able to work remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supply Chain Manager
UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Quick and easy label creation for retail, presets were easy to create and save for ease of use. Automatic correction of addresses that were given incorrectly, which increased package sending accuracy for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface was confusing to figure out how to view sent packages- lots of clicking for a feature that should be easy to access. Other than that, it worked pretty smoothly and we could get from creation to printing in a minute or so, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our retail store did not have a high volume of shipping, so we just needed a quick and easy way to create and print labels. We do like that we can put weight presets for all of our different products, so we have a better estimate of how much it will cost. User interface could overall be more friendly, but we did not experience any issues training even our most junior employees on the software. Maybe shop around for better priced shipping software, but don't have any major complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rapid label creation for items being sent in-house and not being fulfilled by the warehouse. Easy for sales associates to access and quickly create labels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

We are selling through multiple channels (our own website, etsy, and we take orders over the phone manually) and are able to import all of our sales. It also works with the shipping accounts that we already had in place (stamps.com, ups, and fedex) so that we receive our discounted rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We honestly haven't found too much that we dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love Shipstation! It has made getting our orders out in a timely manner so much easily. There are no more misplaced orders because everything is imported and tracked for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It eliminated things that can take up a ton of time like manually entering orders to keep track of everything, creating labels, and sending out notifications to the customer once the order is already filled. It also sends notifications with the tracking numbers to our website so that everything runs cohesively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love that I can look up accurate shipping quotes super quick. It has been very helpful to me as a customer service specialist. When customers call in to ask about the shipping for their orders Ship Station is very quick and easy to get the answers I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issues using ShipStation that I can report, there is nothing about it that I dislike. It has been very helpful and is a great tool to have. As a customer service specialist, it has been very helpful in getting the answers I need to make our customers happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ShipStation makes it easy for me to relay information to my customers regarding the shipping of their order. As a customer service specialist the quicker I can get the information to the customer the happier they are with our service so the ease of use is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Charles Bernard
What do you like best?

Our company has been customer of ShipStation for many years. It was a good solution for small to medium sized retailers selling online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- The Magento 2 integration is not up to date, which means that new M2 websites trying to integrate ShipStation need to find a new vendor.

- The customer support is lazy and only looks at the surface of things when replying to our tickets. This means a simple issue can take weeks to resolve and a lot of pushing from both ourselves and the developers implementing the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find a vendor who keeps its technology up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The integration between Magento and ShipStation allowed users to manage orders within a single system and save a lot of time. This integration has become a problem now because it is not maintained and the vendor is not willing to acknowledge to problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love Shipstation. It links to my stamps.com account, which makes it so easy to pay for USPS postage. It also syncs with Shopify, eBay and websites like Pick Your Plum. It's so easy and simple to make the shipping labels and print the labels all within less than a minute. The best part is I save money on my postage by using Shipstation! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any. It does everything I want and need it to do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick to make labels, I save money on each package, it's super quick when I'm already busy, I can print labels right from my office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing & Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that ShipStation is simple and easy to use. We ship via USPS and UPS depending on weight and product, and ship from multiple different locations. ShipStation allows us to easily select which location we are shipping from, and which service we want to ship with, then prints the shipping label for us. We also use the pick list feature a lot on ShipStation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When searching through old orders and you do not know the order number, it can be a bit difficult to sort and navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Somehow make it easier to locate old orders by zip code, address, date, or weight. It can be messy to locate them this way currently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of printing shipping labels for orders from multiple locations and with varying shipping providers. We have realized the benefits of organization and simplicity with ShipStation allowing us to have it all in one program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Experience Coordinator
What do you like best?

Very easy to look up orders, and find information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had an issue with shipment information syncing over to our other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast, and easy shipping! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Production
What do you like best?

Shipstation keeps all of our orders organised by easy to use tabs. Orders, Shipments, everything is easy to find. When I need to locate and re-print a shipping label, it is simple. It is right there for me. It is a very easy to use, straightforward program. The most fun aspect is that I can see our top 5 most valuable customers based on their orders, and that I have a list of all 610 customers! I also love that I can track which of our products is selling the best, and see which we might need to promote more. Oh, and seeing what percentage of sales we are at versus last period is very cool. It really helps me visually see the progress we are making with online sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike about ShipStation. It can be a little annoying that only one person on the team can be logged in at any given time, but other than that I find Shipstation to be easy to learn, and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been incredibly helpful to see which products are trending or doing the best, versus which products we may need to promote more to get sales up. I like that we can immediately see who our best customers are, rather than searching through thousands of orders. It makes it very easy to reward our highest spenders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Retail
What do you like best?

ShipStation is a tool that works well to manage all types of orders from different websites, integrating them to a single platform, where you can manage and manage all kinds of details about the purchases that must be made, programming the different import processes that they want to carry out, something that I love about this application is its ability to link with different websites that work internationally, in addition to the providers that can be added manually by their emails, this system also has a medium to link different carriers or shipping companies, national and international, to automate these tasks, which greatly reduces working time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The final reports can be a little more detailed, for example the details of the order, can be more specific, as you need to add or modify this information, since some clients are quite demanding in this process, and need as much as possible. information about your products, and it would be ideal to send them all in a report generated by this application, without the need to use other type of office software, it could also offer a better and more varied information in the sales trends section, to understand a little more news that is currently being handled in the market, in the type of industry in which they are working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this system, there are many tasks that can be automated in any business that works with imports, in our case in particular, having all the stores where we make purchases, always available, is something that saves us losing a lot of time, besides this, you can manage all the orders, by this means, which avoids additional work hours, the other point is the timing of the shipments, something in which we lost many hours, and now only in a couple of minutes we can make shipments to everyone, with different carriers in a fast and simple way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for ShipStation?

ShipStation Categories on G2