Brex

Brex

Brex is the first corporate card tailored for startups. Through the online self sign-up, startups can get instant approval on cards that offer 10-20x higher limits than normal banks and don't require any kind of personal guarantee.

Work for Brex?

Learning about Brex?

Compare Brex to Similar Solutions

Brex Reviews

Ask Brex a Question
Showing 33 Brex reviews
Brex review by Janell B.
Janell B.

"Quick and easy was to pay for business expenses "

What do you like best?

I like that the transaction review section of the Brex site is very clear and lays out my transactions so they make sense. Its also really easy to add a receipt and keep track of which ones have it and which ones need it, something I thought I was going to find annoying.

I also had a brief interaction with customer service that was pleasant. It was brief because they quickly helped me get to the bottom of my problem and solve it.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about the card. The only thing that was a little weird at first was it was taking a while for my transactions to show up on the summary at first, which doesn't seem to be an issue for me anymore.

I no longer have to ask to borrow a company card from management whenever I need to make a purchase for the company.

It also makes it easy for me to use my commuter benefit allowance.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Brex
Brex review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Credit card & administration for the present day"

What do you like best?

Being able to issue, suspend, increase, & decrease credit cards instantaneously + the Brex dashboard that allows your to categorize using your QBO accounts without having to leave the Brex website. Customer service is top-notch too, extremely responsive & diligent in their support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet - which is what you want from a credit card. The less you think about it, the more it's making your life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't realize how much better it is until you've actually used it (from Administrator & end-user perspectives)

As a seed-stage startup, every hour of every day is precious and anything that can be done more efficiently isn't taken for granted. Brex saves me somewhere between 1 - 3 hours / week from what I would otherwise have to do using other credit card providers.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Brex review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"The best corporate credit card option for startups"

What do you like best?

Whereas the major traditional card issuers require millions of dollars in revenue before they will issue a true corporate card (one that doesn't require personal guarantees by the company owners), Brex applies common sense and extends a credit limit based on your bank account balance. Additionally, their no fees promotion was another great reason to deploy Brex.

What do you dislike?

Brex has yet to launch a full rewards program (though this is coming apparently). Not having a traditional rewards program has been the only downside.

Brex makes it easy to issue and control cards for your full workforce, where traditional card issuers have all sorts of difficult processes that make it difficult to scale card issuance for fast growing companies. (We used Amex with a previous company and struggled on many of these points.)

Brex review by Landon T.
Landon T.

"Great tool for expense mgmt., receipt tracking and without a personal guarantee"

What do you like best?

With Brex we're able to spend much less time on expense mgmt. and more time focusing on our core business. Features like seamless receipt capture and spend by employee make tracking purchases very easy. Also it's easy to onboard new employees to our platform. Finally it's great not to have to put up a personal guarantee as a startup. The recent upgrade to the rewards program was needed and really attractive.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see more analytics like category spend by employee and by vendor, which I expect to come as the company scales.

Expense management - no time spent collecting receipts and monitoring employee spending levels.

Easy payment solution for employees in the field.

Brex review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"So Far So Good"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and the setup support is great. Also the different digital and physical cards is a nice feature for online shopping/SaaS services.

What do you dislike?

The Auto-SMS request for photos of receipts. I actually think it's a good feature but often in low service areas I'll either not get them or get 2-7 duplicate messages leading to confusion. This may be device specific though (LG Stylo 3)

Since switiching to Brex we've had ZERO scenarios of a card being declined or suspended for "suspicious" activity. We're a company that puts on 50+ events a month, as well as developing a technology platform and EVERYTHING we do involves at LEAST one vendor that we need to pay. So having a card that's super flexible and allows everyone in the company to be able to get what they need when they need it and fast is important

Brex review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A startup helping startups!"

What do you like best?

We chose Brex over a number of more established corporate card options. Ultimately, their promo of no fees for Beta users was a really attractive prospect for us, and we've been very pleased with their user interface so far. I love being able to just photograph my receipts and have them automatically match with my expenses, and I love not having to worry about making payments. Brex makes corporate banking easy!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit tough to get in touch with support (they're a small team, so it's understandable), and the site can be buggy when logging in. I also wish that we could earn airline miles or other rewards.

I use my Brex card for all office expenses, and I no longer have to worry about putting things on my personal card and waiting for reimbursement. It makes my job so much easier.

Brex review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"Simple, easy-to-use business card "

What do you like best?

The customer support is very quick. Whenever I need help from other credit card companies, it takes a ~30 minute phone call. With Brex, it takes 1-2 texts.

What do you dislike?

I rarely, rarely carry a wallet, and Brex isn't on Apple Pay yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a start-up, this is the company card for you. I don't know why anyone would choose a "traditional" credit card over Brex.

Most credit card companies denied us because we're a small start-up, and Brex immediately said "yes." It has saved us so much time with the application process and customer support.

Brex review by Alexis  b.
Alexis b.

"Easy easy easy! SO easy, so fun, and so much coffee! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I don't need to track my expenses on a spreadsheet anywhere! I love that everyone has a card, and no one feels left or feels the need to report back for ever purchase, nor ask permissions for small things.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the constant texts, I'd rather have a summary at the end of the week. That might help me have a more holistic view of my spending habits. I have no idea right now, unless I go online and check there.

Solving the need for multiple people who have different eating and drinking schedules have access to what they need to feel comfortable throughout the day. Coffee runs, and lunch meetings!

We also solve the problem of paying for software, interviews and other office needs independently. Things happen faster.

Brex review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Very easy receipt attachment and credit limit increases"

What do you like best?

I really like the text receipt feature. Before Brex I was terrible about attaching receipts to my expenses because I'm too lazy. This increases my compliance by a huge percentage.

What do you dislike?

I'd like points and I'm not sure how to get them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Your compliance for expense reports will go way up, and it will save you a lot of tedious painful time on an expense portal.

I often have purchases of several thousand dollars, so my monthly spending could increase 5K any given month. My manager can increase my spending limit easily in seconds online.

Brex review by Gael H.
Gael H.

"Easy To Use "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Brex is the ease of use. The user interface is clear and concise. The chat feature is great since you can get your questions answered instantly & intelligently. The person on the other side is knowledgeable (not passing the buck).

What do you dislike?

I haven't discovered anything yet that I dislike =),

I had to book about 10 hotel rooms for a bunch fo speakers in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and had to use my Brex card to hold all 10 rooms. As I booked them through the hotel website, I ran into some reservations not being completed and when I called Brex, immediately an associate assisted me and assured me that my reservations were fully confirmed. Now that's GRAND SERVICE.

Brex review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Best thing ever!"

What do you like best?

Brex is super easy to use. The discounts and other features such as travel bookings are a great bonus. By sending a text message as soon as the physical card is swiped prevents me from losing the receipts as well as any fraud that could occur in case the credit card number is stolen.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about the Brex is that my virtual and physical card numbers differ so it is a bit confusing at times which card to use, etc. Not a big inconvenience but would prefer to have one card number.

It lets my boss control company spending as well as monitor the expenses. The virtual interface is environmentally friendly.

Brex review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"A credit card only for professional funded startups"

What do you like best?

Nothing, as all the conditions become known only after you jump through their hoops.

What do you dislike?

Applied for Brex after SaaStr on the pretence that it was a card that allows you to access credit funds to a portion of your bank balance. Only to find that there’s a whole string of other requirements. Sole Proprietor, not eligible. < $100k in the bank, not eligible. Even if you meet the funds required you must have professional investors!

Wasted time by not being upfront with their underwriting requirements.

We’re a Australian headquartered company, which meets all govt requirements, but not the sole proprietor or professional investors. We have a $2m ARR with 20 staff, bootstrapped and growing.

Brex review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Exactly what we needed"

What do you like best?

We are not originally from the US, so getting a credit card for us was not that easy. Also all credit card services that we have seen so far do not offer any nice interface to just invite your employees, have live feedback of employee's spend and give us the ability to control that spend instantly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike for me to be honest.

- Credit cards for all employees

- Invoice management of employees spend

- Virtual cards that are instantly available

Brex review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Only card that doesn't make you personally guarantee it without a big hassle"

What do you like best?

I have shopped for several credit cards and all but one other required me to personally guarantee the card. The card that didn't require a personal guarantee was a secured card. We raised $2M but I either still have to deposit money or give a personal guarantee. Not with Brex. They periodically check our bank account for underwriting.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the rewards program. They are high overhead and not applicable to my business.

Easy to charge and collect receipts.

Brex review by Julian L.
Julian L.

"Brexcellent!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of tracking my purchases so my company understands where their money is going on a monthly basis. The photo receipt feature is a nice touch too for personally tracking my spend!

What do you dislike?

So far, there has been nothing I don't like!

We are a small start-up and it is nice to have my own personal card so I do not have to bother my co-founders for their card anymore.

Brex review by Olivia B.
Olivia B.

"As an offie administrator - Brex helps me tremendously!"

What do you like best?

With constant purchasing for the team and office, Brex sends me reminders on uploading receipts and makes it easy to keep them organized on my profile.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! I can't say there's anything I dislike about Brex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for Brex. The customer support is better than any other credit card I've used.

Keep my boss' personal transactions aside I can use my Brex to differentiate business vs. personal.

Brex review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use corporate card"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to get corporate card. Ease of access to reports with online access and a separate card number that can be used for online purchases

What do you dislike?

Foreign transactions do not included foreign currency amounts. Cannot create additional, single use card numbers when you may not want to provide your standard card number. Reports aree limited. I would like to see better reporting and the ability to change statement billing dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and set up. Provides quick and easy corporate card solution secured by only your bank balance.

We needed a corporate credit card not personally guaranteed by an officer and Brex was able to provide that based on our bank balance

"Dear Ava loves Brex"

What do you like best?

Brex is amazing! We use it at my ecommerce company and the UI, customer service and rewards program are all TOP NOTCH! As a fledgling ecommerce business, we need a card that understands our needs and the way our cash / working capital works, and Brex gets it -- offering us GREAT limits and obviously the new reward program is amazing!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! We love Brex and cannot wait for more features! One thing we'd like to see is our monthly limit...given sales fluctuate, will be helpful to see.

Having access to a credit card that understands the way working capital works for ecommerce companies!

Brex review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Sr Marketing Manager"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Good, respectful and fast customer service.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into anything I haven't liked yet.

Cut out the time I used to have to create expense reports. And keeping track is SO easy, THEY will text you when you make a purchase with the physical card for a picture of the receipt and will track it for you. When someone used the online card number, I got a text immediately and they issued me a new number (did not need to wait for a new physical card).

Brex review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Solves the Credit Card Pain Point for Startups"

What do you like best?

Unlike most business credits cards that give startups a un-workable credit line. Brex is the only company to take in consideration how startups are funded and can provide a credit limit that makes lives easier.

What do you dislike?

The QuickBooks to Brex platform feature has been buggy.

Brex review by Zack A.
Zack A.

"Super simple and efficient"

What do you like best?

I like that I get a text requesting a picture of the receipt instantly after I use the card, and then I just reply with a quick snap of my receipt and the purchase is verified and categorized automatically. Super efficient and easy!

What do you dislike?

As far as I am aware, there is no rewards or perks for using the card.

Brex allows us to build our credit history as a company, and it makes tracking purchases simple.

"Dead Simple CC"

What do you like best?

Brex is easy to set up. It's dead simple to use. And it gives start ups a resource they didn't previously have.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about the platform. As Brex grows, they'll do more around integrations and awards/benefits. But for now, Brex serves its purpose for it's target market.

We're a seed funded start up with business credit cards... This previously wasn't possible and makes life much easier in a fast paced environment.

Brex review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"First impressions are that I will never use this card"

What do you like best?

Attractive rewards, although the best ones are only for new accounts.

What do you dislike?

Signup process was partially broken, there is no information on the size of my credit line, no support line, QuickBooks integration is substandard, and their privacy policy says they can share my personal information with any of their partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the privacy policy, look at the QuickBooks integration before giving this company any information.

None

Brex review by Cameron M.
Cameron M.

"Brex is amazing"

What do you like best?

I'm a BREX advocate. Their customer support and ease of use is incredible. Setup is lightning fast, and they understand you and your business and your goals. We specifically were onboarded by Matt, and he is a rockstar. My only complaint is that they don't do banking yet! Haha

What do you dislike?

Nothing, they rock. Seriously there is nothing I dislike about brex

Running a corporation, paying for things.

Brex review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"Great product and better experience"

What do you like best?

It is remarkable the ease of use and tracking of expenses. He has a great job done in designing the user experience that is unique to a credit card.

What do you dislike?

Brex doesn´t deliver physical cards worldwide.

Allow different people within the company to manage independently with their budgets but without losing control and follow-up.

"Online application"

What do you like best?

I liked the easy to register in Brex. I got the card from my company which allow us to purchase company related purchases quickly.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Brex is not accepted by some well known websites as Jarir and extra in SA.

I'm planninng to use the card for all my company related expenses.

Brex review by Leslie S.
Leslie S.

"Great Time Saver and Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

No need to continue using Expensify after getting a Brex Visa card for each of our employees. Big time and expense saver!

What do you dislike?

Don't change anything!!!!! It does everything we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hurry!!! Get in now before you are too heavily invested elsewhere.

Cash back, eliminate Expensify, dedicate cards to certain expense categories.

Brex review by User

"Really easy to use and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Ability to text images of receipts of purchases as you make them that will be instantly added to expense report

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI is a bit clunky on the site as well as the time it takes to upload receipts for your expenses manually

Really easy system for getting everything going as a team!

Brex review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Great service, just wish it was more flexible in underwriting approvals and our bank worked with you"

What do you like best?

Fast service and responses with questions.

What do you dislike?

Your system does not integrate with our bank. Wish the underwriting procedures were the same for verifying banking online and statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More flexibility to underwriting approvals making online banking same as statements

Purchasing Office Supplies

Brex review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"It's so easy, every startup should do it."

What do you like best?

It's quick to sign up, seamless to integrate into financial processes, and has a smooth backend for managing expenses.

What do you dislike?

From a corporate standpoint, nothing. From a personal standpoint, it would be nice if the rewards accrued at least in part to employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think. Just do it. In the unlikely event it doesn't work for you, it's easy to stop and return to your old method.

We needed an easy way to control expenses. Brex helps us do that.

Brex review by Eve C.
Eve C.

"Perfect for start ups!"

What do you like best?

Our bank wouldn't give us a credit card without a 100% cash backup, but Brex would! Customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This completely solved our issue.

Needed a credit card and this is a wonderful low cost methodology.

Brex review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Useful for businesses "

What do you like best?

As a manager, Brex offers a very useful overview page to manage spending across multiple accounts/people.

What do you dislike?

Some early bugs caused issues, but those seem to have mostly been solved.

Complicated spending habits across multiple partners, employees and coworkers.

"Best credit card ever"

What do you like best?

I love the rewards program and the automatic receipt matching service.

What do you dislike?

I wish the ERP integrations were more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It takes 5 minutes to sign up

Automatic accounting + great credit limit and rewards.

Learn more about Brex

Brex Videos

Learning about Brex?

* We monitor all Brex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Brex to Similar Solutions