Avalara Reviews & Product Details

Avalara Overview

What is Avalara?

Avalara aims to help businesses get tax compliance right. Avalara customers face demanding tax obligations imposed by state, local, and other tax authorities around the world, and use Avalara for efficient and more accurate solutions to manage those requirements. The Avalara Tax Compliance Suite — Avalara AvaTax, Avalara Returns, and Avalara CertCapture — offers solutions for various transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and others. The suite enables you to calculate taxes, file and remit returns, and comply with document management requirements. More than 700 integrations are available for accounting systems, ERP and CRM providers, ecommerce platforms, and more. The company also offers Professional Services including Tax Advisory Services, Implementation Services, Managed Services, and Support Plans and Training to help customers prepare for and achieve compliance.

Avalara Details

Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales and use, excise, communications, VAT other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s Compliance Cloud™ platform is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.

Avalara, Inc.
2004
Seattle, WA
@avalara
2,665 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Tax compliance done right. Avalara is a cloud-based software solution for various transactional taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types.

Avalara Videos

Avalara Screenshots

Avalara Reviews

Showing 257 Avalara reviews
Location
Already have Avalara?
Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Amy, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience using Avalara, we appreciate your feedback. From what you explained, we recognize that there are things that are going well and some opportunities for improvement. We strive to offer the best service possible and apologize that you've experienced difficulty with our support team. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com to continue the conversation.

What do you like best?

Their software is ok at best. But overall their software is not user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They lie to their customers when selling their product.

Avalara will quote you x amount to get you to sign up, then out of nowhere, they will upgrade your account and charge you significantly more.

They will then claim that you signed a document (multi page jargon filled book) that outlined the pricing strategy. This is completely not transparent. If their slimy sales person was actually honest and told me that we would be charge nearly a $1 every time a customer checked out on our website, I never in a million years would have signed up.

Their customer service is also terrible.

Que the generic response from Avalara to say that I can email them to "fix" the problem. Too late to fix anything when you make sales by misleading customers.

It's no co-incidence that they don't have a pricing page on their website, they purposely intend to mislead customers about their pricing until after they have paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avalara calculates how much sales tax your company owes. No benefits because they lied to us about their pricing strategy and we will be cancelling and moving to a different solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

George, we understand how unexpected costs would be upsetting, and we apologize if pricing expectations were not clearly expressed. We strive to offer the best service possible for our customers and the billing frustrations you’ve described are not what we want. We respect your decision to cancel, but please know that if you're open to a conversation you can contact us at customercare@avalara.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Avalara is that I do not have to update my accounting system with all of the individual sales tax rates. They do it for me.

The client website is easy to navigate. I am able to save favorite report settings and then generate them monthly, rather than starting over each month.

Onboarding was easy and we were up and running by our target date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are a little slow responding to support tickets. Although they do follow up from time to time letting the customer know that they are working on the problem. So far they have resolved my tickets sufficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company does business all over the country, but does not have to collect sales tax in all states. However, with the Wayfair ruling in 2018 we have had to register in several more states. It became too cumbersome to continue gathering the rates, entering them into my accounting system and then keeping up with changing rates. It was time to find a better solution and Avalara was it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Jane, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to work with you.

Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

We don't need to worry about how much we are collecting because Avalara will collect exactly the amount we need based on state and local sales tax rates. Because sales tax rates change fairly frequently in different regions it's nice to not have to worry about updating those rates. Almost weekly it feels like we receive correspondence from state or local governments stating that their rates have changed. Nothing feels better than just being able to automatically take those letters to the shredder because we know that Avalara will take care of everything on their side.

We don't have to worry about remitting payment or filling out long forms. The sales tax forms that we've had to submit manually have been a big pain. Most states have division of revenue websites that seem like they were created decades ago. I've been in the middle of spending hours on a return for the website to have issues and log me out, losing all my progress. Avalara solves that pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Backfiling is harder than I would like it to be. Sometimes Avalara struggles in helping address atypical problems, but if you set everything up correctly within the system, these problems don't happen often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't want to spend hours each month filing sales tax forms, use Avalara. It's as simple as that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of collecting and remitting sales tax payments. We've saved hundreds of hours by automating the process through Avalara. No longer do we need to tediously fill out complicated forms that differ for each state. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Mitch, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

What do you like best?

As everyone that owns a business knows, that when it comes to Sales Tax, it's a nightmare to deal with...unless you use Avalara! The system is easy to use, it's super accurate and the customer support you receive is second to none! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to think of something I would say that I hate the fact that it took me a while to find these guys and had to suffer a lot trying to keep up with Sales Tax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have to deal with Sales Tax, do yourself a favor and contact Avalara! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Tax and trying to keep up with all the rules, regulations and filling out hundreds of forms. Avalara has saved me tons of time and money! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Mitchel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara, we appreciate your feedback. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

AA
What do you like best?

Their tax calculation is accurate. They have an ok software that does what it is supposed to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is terrible. I am trying to add additional functionality and have reached out at least 5 different times (if not more) and I am still not able to get a response. We've been trying to get set up with SST for over a year and their team members keep passing me around and not giving me any answers. I'm planning on switching VERY soon. They clearly have no idea what is going on or how to help their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am unable to buy anything and cannot even reach a live human to help me. They keep responding with "how can we help?" and then ignore me after I tell them. The benefits of this software is that you can rely on them to calculate your sales tax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to offer the best service possible and the frustrations you’ve described with onboarding and support are not what we want. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d like to learn more about your specific experience, how we can improve, and work to assist. Please contact me at customercare@avalara.com.

What do you like best?

I'm so thankful for the service Avalara provides. It has saved our accounting staff an incredible amount of time. I love that Avalara keeps us updated when we're nearing nexus in another state. It was easy to integrate into our Quickbooks software and quick to get started. One of our smartest decisions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the callout to retrieve tax rates was a bit quicker but I understand they are working on that upgrade already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well worth the investment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to keep track of the constantly changing rates per county for all of our different states where we have nexus was by far a full time job. There is no way we could have been able to manage all of that without hiring another person. Not only that but with the laws constantly changing, I felt like we were always behind. Avalara keeps track of all of that for us so we no longer have to worry about making manual updates. Plus, we instantly know when we're approaching a new threshold with another state rather than us having to run several reports to see if we qualify or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Allison, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I appreciate that Avalara has software to assist with sales tax compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all of Avalara's customers use the software the same. I believe my company could benefit from more of what they have to offer; and thought some of the webinars they have would provide answers, but they did not. The presenter at the most recent webinar, during the breakout session spoke to fast - therefore, I will have to read the slides for additional information. My suggestion would be to gather data from their clients beforehand (maybe through the Account Managers), to see what if their services are being used in an effective and efficient manner. I dislike the turnaround time on replies for state notices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently using Avalara for sales tax. I am grateful that they complete our returns and have reports available with more details. This comes in handy when researching an issue between our accounting software and Avalara. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We strive to offer the best service possible. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d appreciate learning more about your specific experience and improvements you'd like to see, particularly with state notices. Please contact customercare@avalara.com to share additional feedback with us.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

AvaTax automatically calculating tax within our ERP (Sage 300) and the online webstore (CommerceBuild Platform) is the single most helpful feature. It is very helpful that we do not need to set up and maintain tax settings to calculate sales tax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scanning and submitting tax-exempt certifications into CertCapture; especially multi-jurisdictional certifications. The process of scanning and filling in all the correct information is very time-consuming. I would like to note that once that CertCapture is helpful once everything is submitted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Calculating tax on our webstore and within Sage 300 (ERP). The automatic tax calculation saves our accounting team tons of time and effort.

I know that our Accounting dept. uses many more features of Avalara - Tax Returns, Tax-Exemptions, and to determine Nexus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Robert, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to work with you. Regarding your feedback about CertCapture, if you have additional feedback about improvements you’d like to see, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our product team.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Avalara keeps up with state law changes. Taxability up to date with state changes. Short wait time on the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes responses to question take a while to get. Especially if questions for compliance team and other specialized teams. The software is really slow during the end of the month and the beginning at the month. This is a huge issue especially when this the business time of the month. Reports often update slowly during these times as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avalara keeps up with state law changes. Taxability up to date with state changes. Short wait time on the phone. Call when you have a question! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Issues with coding like exemption certificates. Certain invoices have various customer account numbers however, the software will only capture the account number of the parent and not individual projects when dealing with consolidated billing. Avalara keeps up with state law changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we appreciate your feedback.

What do you like best?

nothing at all. Very efficient at wasting my time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

everything is terrible. Don't use them. There are no scenarios I'd suggest using them, unless you are signing my mortal enemy up for a tax service. This company is so bad, that I'm wasting the next hour leaving honest reviews on every site I can think of. Stay away from them. I repeat STAY AWAY! Worst ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

stay away at all costs. they are simply the worst customer service I have EVER encountered and I deal with UPS on a regular basis (to put that in perspective).

They simply LIE to you to get you to register. Guaranteed me VAT registration for 3 countries, and now won't do it.

As I can't curse on here the honesty of my review is being impacted. It would be ever worse if I could. I am in fact leaving negative reviews on every site I can. That's how bad they have screwed my business over.

Every agent gives you a different answer to the same question which means most of them are lying or completely incompetent or so poorly trained that they can't give you the right answers. I have wasted 2 hours leaving reviews because it is that bad.a a a a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

every customer service agent gives you a different answer to the same question. I was told I could register for certain countries for VAT if I signed on with them. COMPLETE LIE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Tristan, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, though it's not the type we aim to deliver. We strive to offer the best service possible and the frustrations you’ve described are not what we want. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d like to learn more about your specific experience and work to assist. We're following up internally, so you should be hearing from our team. In addition, you may reach us directly at CustomerCareEurope@Avalara.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

Avalara's compliance software enables me to file 45 monthly sales tax returns correctly. It would take a separate department to do that manually. Avalara keeps up with all the many changes in sales tax rates so that I can file accurately without the need to keep up on tax legislation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Making changes to filing status is not as easy as it should be. Avalara was difficult to set up and implement. Admittedly, Avalara was swamped by the Wayfair decision and their resources were stretched. Also, we/they had to code our 19,000 SKUs to enable the program to accurately apply sales tax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are meeting compliance requirements of doing business in every state in the U.S. We have saved time and been able to handle this requirement with one staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Hal, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Avalara. We’re committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, so we’re happy to hear your experience has been positive.

UT
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Speakers were knowledgeable. As meetings in person are not happening was good to see what others are doing in the marketplace. I liked the break out sessions and found the information helpful. Received great new knowledge on best practices. Will be working with IT so we can get better compliance data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sessions we a little short and it was hard to get all questions in. Answers to questions did not always in to response of what I was trying to ask. Might have been quicker if we could have asked our questions live . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avalara is a great platform and they continually looking at ways to improve. They help us to be experts and tax our customers correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Moved to a Saas solution with Avalara. Continually looking to leverages Avalara knows to make sure we are properly taxing our customers. Working to improve our audit compliant with jurisdictions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Avalara and our Avalara Activate event. We’re committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, we appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

CI
What do you like best?

Seemed to be a well designed and easy to use Salesforce integration (AvaTax). When you can get in contact with someone, they are professional and pleasant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Essentially refuse to support their product and seems to be a giant chasm between product team and support. Slow to respond and provide very little information or assistance after essentially doing their job for them. My worst support experience in 20 years probably. I can accept slow or terrible, but not both. Holding customer hostage for professional services seems to be a similar experience as others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Tax Integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and bringing it to our attention. We strive to offer the best service possible and the frustrations you’ve described are not what we want. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can assist. Please contact me at customercare@avalara.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Avalara has been great for managing our returns in multiple companies and multiple states. Easy to navigate within the system to review transactions, returns and payments. The notifications for states that may trip nexus requirements is also very useful so we know when to register and activate sales tax filings. The support group has also been key when questions come up or to talk through renewal of services and best practices for using the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certificate capture service seems clunky and somewhat manual in nature, if you are not willing to pay the price for Avalara to do end-to-end services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Avalara consultants to setup the system to move more quickly and learn from their expertise. Setting up the system correctly is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have realized benefits from having timely filings and payments with the stat to avoid late penalties and interest. The Avalara team is also great at reaching out for any necessary updates to filings or frequency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara Returns and CertCapture, we appreciate your feedback. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Director of Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

Does a good job accurately calculating taxes based on the customer location. (eCommerce) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had 2 issues. The first issue was not resolved for more than a month. We are in the middle of the second issue, and even though we have an account manager, we are going on 9 days without a resolution to the issue. The first response to our ticket was 'you didn't install the plugin right'. We did and everything was working, but then it stopped. I went through our plugin installation with their chat support because no one responded to our ticket, and they said oh its a plugin issue, so it's your fault you need to have your developer fix it. I let them know that it wasn't our issue and that their plugin was not recording the tax amount that was charged inside of woocommerce. We have an account manager, who unfortunately can't do much about our issue, but finally they have said they have a technical/integration specialist looking at the issue.

Every couple days I follow up, without a response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use another software. There are 3 out there that I can think of that actually provide support AFTER you pay instead of only before you pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple state sales tax rates for eComm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Chase, I'm sorry to read about the challenges you had with implementation support, it is not the type of customer experience we aim to deliver. I understand that you're now in communication with our team and that they're working with you to resolve the issue. If there is anything we can do to further assist, please contact customercare@avalara.com.

AC
What do you like best?

There have been no positives about using Avalara for us. They were never able to get it working with our billing system as promised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They claimed it would easily integrate with our billing system without custom development work. This turned out not to be true. Impossible to get any support around implementation (they've ignored messages from me for over 5 weeks). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If looking to integrate Avalara with Stripe, be wary - it doesn't work as seamlessly as they claim. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have not solved any problems with Avalara since it doesn't function as stated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for sharing your experience using Avalara, though it's not the type we aim to deliver. We’re committed to offering our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we’re sorry if we missed the mark in your case. If you’re open to a conversation, we’d like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can work to assist.

What do you like best?

Avalara has made managing our sales tax payments and collections easy. We no longer have to try to keep up with all the rate changes and making sure things are correct in our system. Avalara works with our ERP system to ensure accurate charges to our customers and accurate filings with the many jurisdictions we sell in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to find a downside as it has freed up time and made us more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add CertCapture to your suite of Avalara products to get the best sales tax filings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

accuracy of rates charged. The right sales tax is collected and paid. We are no longer under or over paying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Tammy, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Avalara. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you.

AC
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Avalara has knowledge that we do not, and its reassuring to know that it is looking after issues we may not even be aware of. The website is super handy to navigate, and support always replies with helpful answers. I love the chat function, as it is the quickest way to access help!

Having the filed returns available on Avalara, helps me as I do not have to log into several different sites to obtain copies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For the Nexus map, it would actually be helpful to run a report or see numbers, before we reach the 80%. I don't understand why we can't access that information if you are tracking it already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collecting tax in the US, as we are Canadian. Before we were looking up the correct tax rates for the states we are registered in. Once we were set up with Avarala, they calculated this for us. It is such a relief! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to work with you.

UT
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Accessibility of experts at the company and overall responsiveness to customer requests. They seek out and value customer input. I like the overall company image and communicated trajectory. The tax engine performs well and accurately for complex tax logic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Avalara sometimes overpromise features that do not function properly, or they underdeliver on communicated timelines, such as the availability of reporting features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have successfully worked through multiple reporting and reconciliation issues. We now have access to a reporting portal that is very helpful for monthly reporting. They have several resources posted on their website that provide useful information, and they offer demos of software when needed to help us navigate different tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara, we appreciate it. Regarding your feedback about reporting features, if you have additional thoughts about what’s going well and improvements you’d like to see, we'd appreciate learning more. If so, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our product team.

AB
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The products offered by Avalara have allowed our business to continue to concentrate on business with only 1-2 staff members. Their Avatax product has handled accurate sales and use tax calculations for all the USA and Canadian jurisdictions. As our business increased over the last 10 years, Avalara has been able to support us in calculations, exemption management, and up to date regulations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I prefer their customer service to be available through my email or voice rather than handling through a Avalara support log-in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I appreciate their continuing knowledge development as well as products that support business in all areas related to tax like the newest products related to landed costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Avalara. We’re committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, so we’re happy to hear your experience has been positive.

AT
What do you like best?

They do all the research to keep us current with the correct tax rates. They make our payments and we only make one payment for sales tax monthly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If our credit is more that what we owe in one state they do not use that credit until another month when our liability is more that the credit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avalara saved us money by informing us of the SST program where some states will pay Avalara to do our taxes. Then Avalara waives our return charge for those states. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The visibility of every transaction we process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It automatically inactivate the user that is assigned in QB so it can synk and provide us the correct tax that needs to be charged. Its not easy to connect with the Account manager with them trying to sell you things you may not need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a clear visibility of the each state transactions in a report to know the sales tax obligations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Ankit, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We're sorry to read you've experienced challenges connecting with your account manager, and with your QuickBooks integration. If you have additional feedback to share or would like to discuss this further, please contact customercare@avalara.com.

COO
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I am so happy that I don't have to file sales taxes anymore.

I also love that I can be confident that we are correctly calculating sales tax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like everything related to sales taxes, setup with Avalara can be a little complex if setting it up solo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan plenty of time to get setup if you are doing the implementation solo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales tax calculations, sales tax return filing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bobby Sands of Avalara

Hector, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you.