Domo

Domo

Domo Business Intelligence (BI) combines a powerful backend that sits on top of and connects into any existing system where data lives, including those for customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, human resources and financials, as well as any data repository or current reporting system.

Work for Domo?

Learning about Domo?

Domo Reviews

Ask Domo a Question
Showing 547 Domo reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Domo
Domo review by Matthew R. R.
Matthew R. R.

"Business Solutions in the Cloud."

What do you like best?

I love DOMO, which is something like an operating system, but it runs in the cloud, I can use and install all kinds of business applications, I can access Domo and my applications, from any device, I only have access to the income information on the domo account, and I can enter from anywhere, my office, my house, my smartphone, so I can work from anywhere, I do not always have to be in the office, and I love it to run in the cloud, since I do not have to install anything additional on my devices.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult, linking external applications to DOMO, you must have very high knowledge in hardware development, to implement new functions to Domo, since the software is almost all predetermined, and some tasks which cannot be developed here, is difficult create them or add them from another destination, I would like there to be a little more freedom, to develop new functions inside domo.

Domo integrates all kinds of solutions in a single platform, which facilitates the reorganization of the business model, from a company from within, this application has a very advanced artificial intelligence, thanks to this, it can manage all kinds of business projects, created In databases in advance, thanks to Domo, many jobs can be automated and digitized, without incurring old obsolete work modes.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Domo review by Ethan W.
Ethan W.

"Domo does its job"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can create cards and dashboards for people across my organization that allow them to see what is happening in their departments, track what their team is doing, and be able to better incentivize the behaviors we want them to adopt is great.

What do you dislike?

Managing datasets can get pretty complicated, although that is mostly because of how Domo integrates with other systems (Salesforce, in my case).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define your needs, do your due diligence, pick the one that best meets your needs. Domo is great, but I came to a company that was already using it. It's better than other BI tools for me at this point because it's what I'm used to, but that doesn't mean it's best for you with your different needs, and being in the decision-making process.

Helping frontline managers through the C-suite better understand what is happening in their business, and drive actionable insights from the data.

Domo review by Stephen R.
Stephen R.

"DOMO launched our company into a new level with business intelligence!"

What do you like best?

The best feature with DOMO is the ease of user functionality. Our company has a wide range of user experience and technology levels and the ability for everyone from the most basic user to the most advanced user to get the same information quickly and easily has been revolutionary for us. It gave us the ability to quickly build and deploy dashboards, cards amd data to our users without large amounts of overhead or work on our internal development team.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I don't like about DOMO. We are fairly new to the DOMO family so there is a lot left for us to learn in DOMO.

Our biggest problem has been getting actionable data to our C-level executives to make smart business decisions going forward. The biggest benefit so far has been the ability to big and roll out a full featured dashboard to our independently owned and operated branches for them to track and improve on their operations and profitsability.

Domo review by Canio C.
Canio C.

"Can't go wrong"

What do you like best?

Domo does just about everything you can imagine. Whether you are a novice or javascript developer. It has it all. You will never need another BI tool in your enterprise once you go with it. No longer will you have to buy additional servers, a different visualisation tool, or additional big data tools.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a true java developer and I have found that connecting to other API's if they don't have a pre built connector can be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not as "easy" to use as they are going to tell you, however what it can do and will do for you compared to other BI tools far outweighs any negatives your DB or Analysts may find.

We have reduced so much office time spent on doing analysis. We have freed up operations and finance from spreadsheets. The Salesforce connector has allowed us to really drive sales.

Domo review by Kevin N.
Kevin N.

"Robust-AF, but it takes a LOT to implement"

What do you like best?

The software lets you visualize ANYTHING under the sun that you own and is in digital data format.

What do you dislike?

It's been somewhat of a nightmare to get up and running. We have lots of data in a few places but we don't have expertise required to do it on our own. We're learning as best we can, but it's a slow process because we have very limited resources to implement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're 50 employees, 4 major softwares with LOTS of data. It's taking us $25k+ and a dedicated employee to implement and it's still going slow. If we wanted to kick it up a notch, it would take another $10k.

Data visualization. We've seen our customer data, income and performance data in ways that are much easier to understand and make actionable.

Domo review by Ainun N.
Ainun N.

"DOMO Is The Best Analytics Platform Out There: Fully Managed, 100% Self-Service and NoOps"

What do you like best?

DOMO is superior to any other BI or "Analytics" platform out there. With Pareto principle, just DOMO only would already cater 80%+ of our insights use cases.

It eloquently covers all features that are available in other competing tools/platform such as Tableau; while having more that they don't have. For example, Tableau doesn't have alert feature, while DOMO not only has alert but it is self-service and deliverable via email, mobile app notification, and even SMS; all in one seamless package. And in this fastest pace era ever in human history, proactive alert to business metrics while mobile on the go is a must for companies' executives to stay ahead of the competition.

DOMO platform is a fully managed service, 100% self-service, and requires no maintenance at all (No Ops); this ticked each of our three key philosophy of Data & Insight technology in Traveloka.

What do you dislike?

For our organization which is based in Southeast Asia, DOMO is very much lacking in Support. There's no proper process of severity of issues and escalations, and it takes ages to get past the first layer of support which most of the time wouldn't be able to solve any issue we raise (note that DOMO is super easy to use, seamless & intuitive, such that the only times you hit issues would indeed only be bug/product issue which can only be solved by their R&D team). They need to really work this out to be a truly managed service / Cloud-era leader of Analytics platform.

Nevertheless, this was also because we're a technology company that's always on the cutting edge of Data & Insight technology; for the majority of enterprises out there, DOMO would be a seamless deployment with least possible effort and highest possible impact & ROI. Highly-highly recommended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that total cost of ownership is mostly on maintenance of your data & insight platform, DOMO frees you from these (almost) completely. Remember also that opportunity cost hides within inefficiency and non-agility of your data to insight to action to result end to end process, having DOMO would cut this cycle tremendously.

Self-service analytics, insights & data. Decentralization and democratization of data. Agility & Velocity of end to end data to insights execution. Empowering independent teams (products & functions) within our organization to monitor and analyze their business metrics, with the minimum possible effort from centralized data & analytics team.

DOMO is superb in democratizing data for our data hungry organization. We deployed the platform in January 2017 and by August we have 600 users onboard with daily active users ranging between 200-300 users in weekdays, creating 16,000 Cards (charts) showing insights from 2,500 datasets totalling 3.6 billion records, with 12,000 card views per week ~ 2,000 card views per day.

16,000 cards built in 8 months is 2,000 cards created per month, 100 per day on average. Very telling figure on agility and velocity enablement by DOMO platform, two of our core culture principles.

Domo review by David H.
David H.

"Great Platform When Your Integration Is Working"

What do you like best?

I love that Domo has a great many ways to analyze data from a HUGE set of options. I also really like that there is a built-in chat. It feels like Excel crossed with Slack. It is an excellent place for Analysts, managers and executives to discuss whats going on - based on data - and make decisions.

What do you dislike?

As I said in the title, it's great when the data integration, called a connector in Domo - is working. Domo has a lot to offer, but your insights don't mean anything if your data isn't aggregated properly in the platform. That said, my company is on a free trial and I'm sure companies on a paid plan will have sufficient support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domo is a solid data aggregate platform that easily facilitates a discussion about your data and make changes. However, a good data integration is necessary for that. Connectors are easy to install and Domo's support (at their freemium version) is pretty good - not perfect, but good for a free option.

We are using Domo to generate insights about what our company can do better based on a complete picture. I'm also manager for our CRM, and make suggestions just from that platform to help the company. But with Domo, I see each part and attempt to make each part compliment the other hopefully make a whole greater than the sum of each part.

Domo review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"My experience with Domo"

What do you like best?

It can show different "cards" that relates to different customers, so you can group and clarify distinctions between different types of customers you serve. Beyond that, Domo is a good analytics tool. I can filter between locations, industries, types of content, and more to narrow down exactly what I'm looking for. It also color-codes the most effective pieces of content automatically.

What do you dislike?

When you filter results through our company, we have so much data that it takes awhile for the filter to kick in to show what you want. The main thing I dislike about Domo is it doesn't aggregate analytics about pieces of content. For instance, if I have a Solution Overview that is on my website, I can download it on the website, I can click on it to bring it in a PDF view on my internet browser, I can find it on Google, etc. - these are all different "pieces of content" in Domo, making it very difficult to distinguish which pieces of content are actually "better" than others

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to learn and even harder to figure out how to navigate around Domo. I would recommend getting involved with analytics and using multiple points of data to back up and support conclusions offered. You really need an expert in Domo to help you but getting this piece is often the hardest

Using analytics to justify what problems to solve, which pieces of content to prioritize, and prove which solutions are working based on data

Domo review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

""An unmistakable view and beautiful introduction for all your business information. Ensured to addre"

What do you like best?

The manner in which our information is set up in Domo is inconceivably easy to use. Domo works superbly at having information appeared at a high and granular level.The capacity to quickly construct and convey dashboards, cards and client information is astounding. I like the adaptability it has with including channels and changing time allotments to see distinctive perspectives. It's an incredible stage for collecting, controlling and showing a constant perspective on your business measurements.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see some alternate coloring options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can see investigation we would never observe. We can comprehend our business in a manner we never could. We genuinely don't have the foggiest idea what we'd manage without Domo now. It's phenomenal.

With Domo we can give precise far reaching measurements and investigation results. Computerizing the dataflow as opposed to building an analysis each time spares time and permits more investigation. Domo has furnished us with an inventive and viable approach to share,monitor different ticket lines and customer information issues. It additionally has an extraordinary limit with respect to coordination with different apparatuses that further upgrade each capacity you have.

Domo review by Gavin S.
Gavin S.

"Domo review"

What do you like best?

Domo is a wonderful tool to be able to collaborate all sorts of data together to be able to come up with some really great and useful information that you can take and turn into actionable steps.

What do you dislike?

The price is pretty steep if you want to use the entire full featured product. I think this would be wonderful if you are a large corporation. But for smaller business it requires work arounds

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a VERY steep Onboarding fee for them to help you set everything up and get up and running. This is necessary I believe to be able to use the product however this can be a pretty tough pill to swallow when considering other business intelligence platforms do not have such a large upfront cost involved with the use of their products.

We are able to eliminate many of our old and outdated processes of manually creating Excel sheets here and there.

Domo review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Great for a business health check, awesome business oversight "

What do you like best?

It's really great at slicing through large quantities of data and turning that data into easy to read graphs. Complex functions (they call them Beast Calculations) allow you to transform information into data that is more insightful. It's relatively straight forward to connect two or more different data sets on a 'join'. It automates rolling data analysis, tasks that would be repetitively, time consuming and complex in Excel.

What do you dislike?

Compared to TableAU, it has some work to do in terms of your ability to slice deep into the data (and present that data) to provide meaningful insight as to why things are happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domo is great at providing an automatic oversight as to what is happening in your business, however it's not quite so powerful at answering the question why and how/what could you do to improve business performance.

To provide an automatic at a glance view (health check) to the executives and other stakeholders of the business how we are performing in terms of the number of vehicles purchased, price paid, quantity of cancellations and a variety of other business related metrics.

Domo review by Administrator

"is very good"

What do you like best?

Our company has a wide range of user experience and levels of technology and the ability for everyone, from the simplest moment to the most advanced user to obtain the same information quickly and easily has been revolutionary for us. The ability to rapidly build and deploy dashboards, cards and user data has been given.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I do not like about DOMO. We are quite in the DOMO family so there is much that we have left to learn in DOMO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fact that I can create cards and dashboards for people through my organization that allows them to see what is happening in their departments, what is being tracked by their team is doing, and is able to better incentivize the behaviors.

Define your needs, do your due diligence, choose better to adapt your needs. Domo is great, but I came to a company that I was already using. It's better than other BI tools for me right now because that's what I'm used to, but that does not mean it's better for you with your different needs, and being in the decision-making process.

Domo review by Phil I.
Phil I.

"Regular Retention Marketing User of Domo"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the platform. I act more as a user and love the ability to see metrics in chart and graph format easily. Additionally I like the flexibility it has with adding filters and adjusting timeframes to see different views.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to complain about here. We've come into some issues with adding filters when comparing year over year data. Not sure how big of a bug that is though

In my world I'm constantly tracking orders and revenues for 10-15 campaign types and this makes my job a lot easier to report out to the larger team. This is especially critical during our peak valentine's and mother's day periods. I also am a big fan of the mobile app which has a great user interface to access business critical reports while on the go

Domo review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use analytics tool"

What do you like best?

The way our data is set up in Domo is incredibly user friendly. I hate having to dig up data and analyze each and every point by myself, and Domo does a great job at having data shown at a high level and a granular level. And, best yet, shows and compiles this data quickly and automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish Domo was updated in real time, as opposed to having multiple updates throughout the day. I've also found sometimes Domo doesn't capture every activity that's done in our system, so there's a small margin of error that needs to be taken into account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how Domo is from a price perspective, but solely from a user perspective, Domo has been incredibly helpful to my job. It analyzes and complies data for me, which saves so much time.

In marketing, we always need to know how we're pacing and if we're hitting our goals/KPIs. Domo helps us understand where we are at with these values in an easy to use (even for those who hate going through analysis), intuitive way.

Domo review by Victor O.
Victor O.

"Domo is very flexible on the back end"

What do you like best?

Compared to other data platforms I like how flexible DOMO is when it comes to manipulating the data. It doesn't require super technical coding skills but just enough technicality to make it interesting. DOMO is a whole system in one; in other platforms the components combined in DOMO are usually standalone services or completely non-existent.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to build traditional dashboards where you can customize different graphs on the same dashboard like a tableau, power bi, or qlik. I tried to accomplish this using custom apps but I found custom apps to be very limited.

I work for an ad agency. When our clients come to us their data is usually scattered in different silos. DOMO has been a great way to pull everything together into one place for them to be able to really see where they can better optimize their campaigns. Also for internal purposes, DOMO has been great for automating certain reports that take hours to deliver; now the data can be there at the click of a button.

Domo review by Loren L.
Loren L.

"Concise and Appealing"

What do you like best?

The graphing and dashboarding is really simple and clean. The design is vibrant and makes things like checking call stats more appealing. The UI is very easy to master and intuitive. It only takes a few minutes of playing around to understand it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how laggy it is. Unfortunately for my team of 30 its a big lagging. Granted it's tracking a lot and is up to date enough but if it was closer to real time than that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In order to get the best user experience, close tabs that are not necessary for you to view all the time.

Domo solves productivity tracking and metrics tracking for sales. It helps my team know where we stand and where we need to pick it up in order to make our goals.

Domo review by User in Computer Software

"Great visualization and time saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to set-up with ease a variety of different key metrics for our organization has been critical to our team understanding our successes and pain points to strive for greatness.

What do you dislike?

At times the customization and configurations of data sets can be complex and challenging, and the UI is already looking a bit dated, but data is king so I won't make too much of a fuss over aesthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're large enough to need large data sets summarized to track trends in your user base and other key indicators ($ spend per account, user engagement, etc.)

We're better seeing trends in our customer's journey through our product, and realizing some data we're tracking hasn't been giving us the desired outcome we expected from it. It's been great to see what our assumptions are regarding certain metrics play out to what we do or don't expect, helping us make the necessary moves to better quantify our client's value they get out of our product.

Domo review by Jesse M.
Jesse M.

"Domo was a perfect fit"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, and start up time. We were up and running in weeks, and on a platform that allows for easy collaboration and prototyping.

What do you dislike?

There are things that need refinement and maturation, but on the whole, nothing to dislike. The pros far out weigh the cons.

I'd like to see more options available in the visuals, as well as more visibility between data sets and data flows dependencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't get caught up on having just one tool to do everything. Domo is an easy fit for organizations looking for an analytics layer to help get everyone aware and talking about their data. I would be comfortable partnering Domo with other existing tools, and would look at implementing in those departments that typically don't get as much attention (accounting, marketing, etc.) The pre-built templates allow them to get up and running with the data they have in hours, if not minutes.

Creating a single view into our business, and making sure all the divisions were speaking the same language was the primary goal. Outside of accomplishing that in record time, there were unexpected benefits related to sharing dashboards with external customers and partners, as well as implementing "data governance light" and "crowd sourced data quality" aka exception reporting that works.

Domo review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"How Domo is useful"

What do you like best?

Card visualizations are very pretty, there are lots of options. The UX is great, very easy to use and intuitive. Customer support is good, responsive, helpful. The drag & drop ELT has some good options for non-SQL coders and for SQL coders to replace time intensive coding such as pivoting and collapsing datasets.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a set of tiles called cards that is not as great a some other dashboards that allow you to create a grid system. To get this style requires an app. Not all the connectors get the required data and manual data pulls are still required (Adwords being one of them, but they do have a nice script tutorial).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Requires a full time admin that can code in SQL. Get top-down support to drive adoption.

Ability to pull data together from various sources and transform them into a cohesive dataset that would otherwise take time to do. Automating the dataflow rather than build an analysis every time saves time and allows more analysis.

Domo review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great data visualization software for sales team"

What do you like best?

It's a nice way for the entire sales team to visualize progress towards sales goal. It's not the most advanced data tool but it's a hell of a lot better than looking at spreadsheets! We keep DOMO up at all times on a TV monitor in the sales area.

What do you dislike?

Some folks on our team would like to be able to go in and see their specific data and it's more of a tool to see it from a birds eye view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never used a different data visualization software but Domo works great for us a sales team.

It solves the problem of not being on the same page in terms of goals and progress. There are a lot of ways to look at our data that Domo allows us to do that we wouldn't have otherwise thought of. It makes sense of a lot of data for us!

Domo review by Anthony J.
Anthony J.

"A clear view and lovely presentation for all your business data. Guaranteed to meet you team's needs"

What do you like best?

When using Domo the user interface and additional resources make it the easiest program to use while packing powerful tools into their program. The helpful resources that come packed into the Domo platform are one of the best available in any system. Not only do their libraries of information guide you to an answer, they have experienced help staff to guide you to a resolution if you cannot find it on your own

What do you dislike?

A dislike for Domo is there a few programs that do not coincide well with Domo's importing features. Luckily was able to meet my business needs once speaking with a helpful representative

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domo is an excellent program with features for any user's needs. There is a slight learning curve but the tools and resources available will clearly list resolutions to your problems. There are resources available in numerous formats to meet whichever learning style you find you prefer. There are videos, manuals, and step by step instructions that can be easily found in the help center. I highly recommend using the help features as they will help in your growing knowledge of the program.

With Domo we are able to pull information from multiple sources, extrapolate the key information and create cards for certain projects or reports that are needed. The customization within each card for different datasets is the biggest benefit our team has realized.

Domo review by Chandler W.
Chandler W.

"Great for BI Starters"

What do you like best?

I am not a pro at SQL or analytics but Domo makes it easy for me to work with my data sets no matter where they're stored. Almost all of the software that we use from each department has a connector and if it doesn't Domo has ways to work around it. The Magic ETL tool has helped me to merge together data sets and find patterns that we wouldn't have been to analyze otherwise. Above all, the customer support team here is the BEST that i have ever worked with. These people know what they're talking about and on multiple occasions have gone above and beyond to accomplish what I needed. I've never had a poor experience with support.

What do you dislike?

It's supposedly expensive but I wasn't on that part of the decision pool ;)

We've gained insights that've helped us make better decisions.

Domo review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great cloud based business management."

What do you like best?

The interface is very well designed, each button and each function is very well arranged in the software so that the experience is quite intuitive even if you are not an expert using this tool.

It has allowed my team to have a platform that is integrated where to collect data about the traffic of our website, progress and interaction in social networks, basic information our database etc in order to be able to manage in the best way the decisions of our company.

It also allows me to access from my mobile phone so even if I'm not at my work site I can access the platform without any problem.

What do you dislike?

The level of perzonalization is not very good, it does not allow me to modify certain functions to adapt them to the needs of the team or the work that needs to be done. I think that functions like calculation of variance are very basic, it does not mean that it is not useful but they should add more options to that function to do more complex things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent BI solution, a very good user interface, although it is not very customizable, it has a great capacity for integration with other tools, which is great. The price seems reasonable for everything it offers, I think it is one of the best options that exist.

When we focus on the search of a business management tool we find Domo and I think it was one of the best decisions, with Domo we have been able to access a centralized platform where I can gather the data that I want about my company data such as interaction in social networks, spreadsheets, information on the traffic of our website etc and be able to make the best decisions and offer our customers the best possible service. It also has a great capacity for integration with other tools that further enhance each function you have.

Domo review by User in Higher Education

"Hard to Follow"

What do you like best?

I liked that Domo took great analytic software and combined it with a social network. There are a lot of great things that you can do with the data that it can collect. I like how you can easily share what you create with colleagues and others in your industry. I like that you can see others work and be able to share ideas and create even more content.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that there was so much information that it was hard to navigate the software. It wasn't as user-friendly and it took quite a while to learn how to find things. Creating graphs was difficult and sometimes easy steps didn't work. There was some data that didn't get transported and it took more time to make sure everything was all there

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take advantage of their resources on how the product works. It is difficult at times to know how to navigate the software and whats the easiest way to complete a project that you want. It is important to make sure that you are using the correct graph for the type of data that you want to display.

I used Domo for a Operation and Supply Chain class. We looked through their sample data and was able to use the data that was provided from major companies that use Domo. It was interesting to see the data that was collected and how it can help a company become stronger.

Domo review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Excellent Business Intelligence tool "

What do you like best?

Easy dashboard, good filter options such as page filters. Rich API integration and database connectivity. Python and R programming plugins options available. One tool for data engineers, data scientist, data analyst and data visualization engineers. Business leaders can save lot of time by using Domo and not wasting time with Excel sheets. Mysql queries plus support of PLSQL makes writing dynamic queries very much doable. Domo gives decision-makers the ability to view real-time data in a single dashboard. And what a view it is. If you’re looking for “wow factor” you’ve found it. Domo’s interfaces, dashboard widgets, and displays are incredibly appealing, and the incorporation of creative data displays such as multi-part widgets, spark lines, and trend indicators also make their dashboard widgets very useful.

What do you dislike?

No track of version control and audit trails. Also, missing distinct testing and production environments makes testing bit challenging for business intelligence teams. Also, this tool is still young to get solve with big data challenges. But yet it can cope up with medium sized data integration tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Appropriate BI tool which just does everything you require for data representation and reports. It is also capable of low level prediction analysis and ETL

Dashboard about our Finance, Accounts, Marketing campaigns and Go to market are few challenges we are solving. Dashboard are very interactive and helpful to higher management especially to investor relations team. Domo enables ready presentation contents and report preparation in every format.It is also easy to debug schema related challenges.

Domo review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Domo is the way to go for data visualization and warehousing."

What do you like best?

> approachable and intuitive interface

> well thought out information sharing and distribution system

> many visualization options

What do you dislike?

> support forums are not easy to search

> the help docs are not as thorough as I'd like to see. need more examples

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated numerous other business intelligence software (Tableau and Numetric to name a few) and Domo initially won me over and have only impressed me more and more as we've started diving in deeper with them.

We are trying to empower our staff to make data-driven decisions as efficiently and as consistently as possible. We are very close to rolling this product out company wide, but already I see the huge impact this will have on our company.

Domo review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Nice to look and and quick load time but can be clunky"

What do you like best?

I like the appearance of the graphs and charts you can make on cards. I find their color scheme very appealing and I like how customize-able their cards are, Things generally tend to load quite quickly too.

What do you dislike?

The behind-the-scenes organization of the data can be quite clunky. Their structure with dataflows and datasets appears smooth at first but with no change control or merging options, makes it quite difficult at times to smoothly manipulate data when multiple developers are working at once. Also the lack of test and stage environments can make roll-outs quite sloppy at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think through your set-up in great deal before starting to push your data into DOMO. It can be quite cumbersome to make massive changes to structure after your initial data push has gone through. Think about load times and dataset size when considering how to handle large datasets and whether they should be broken up into several sets based on historical versus current data.

Data visualization both internally and externally to our clients. Presenting their data in a succinct, beautiful way has helped us show them how we're meeting their goals and gain their trust as they scale.

Domo review by Lance B.
Lance B.

"New Domo User"

What do you like best?

I like Domo's ability to be compatabile to each of its users. And the fact that you can see the data in multiple ways

What do you dislike?

Our biggest issue is that you cannot manipulate the detail inside of domo very easily. Would like to have more simple uses and common things to be able to change the detail

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really investigate whether you want a platform that will simply take what your currently doing and provide a system for continuing to do the same thing. This platform will help provide you with better solutions but you need to be willing to change some of your old ways of doing things.

We currently only use for budgeting and forecasting and the biggest venefit we will have is to track our pricing and history for all of our components

Domo review by Tucker S.
Tucker S.

"Functional Design with Deep Insights"

What do you like best?

The build process makes it easy to find the most insightful easy to interpret way to display the data. Once you have found your preferred delivery method, you always have that reference any time the business question repeats itself.

It also helps that the design is well done which allows you to take the data right out of Domo and display in other formats as needed (powerpoint, paper reports, etc.)

What do you dislike?

I have found Domo support time to be lacking on multiple occasions, luckily we don't need it often.

Learning the nuances of the tool are difficult to worth through as there is no strong onboarding or initial training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have thoroughly vetted what it takes to get your data into Domo, if you can get your data in, the rest is history.

Real-time reporting is essential to the success of our business. Reports that used to take multiple employees hours every morning to prepare are now waiting for management every morning when the office opens.

The ability to build a card and have it stay up to date with fresh data is fantastic. Business questions will often repeat themselves. If you build a card every time you have a new business question come up, and keep them organized in a manner that you are quickly able to find and reference it, you will never miss an opportunity due to inability to find an answer to your question again.

Domo review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Domo is Revolutionizing Business Intellgence"

What do you like best?

At my current company, we delivered more in 2 months leveraging Domo than I had ever been able to deliver in 3+ years using other enterprise business intelligence software like SAP/Business Objects, Cognos and Microsoft. With Domo, we achieved ROI in 60 days. What typically took a team of 10 Business Intelligence Developers to build and maintain, we were able to accomplish with 1 full-time developer. Domo has provided a single-version of the truth, eliminated rogue, stove-piped reporting, enabled business users to "fish for themselves" and we've recently piloted the BigSquid Predictive Toolkit, which enables companies to analyze data and create powerful predictive analytics.

What do you dislike?

No negative feedback about Domo at all - there was nothing we needed or wanted to do that we could not solve with the Domo platform. However, as with ANY business intelligence platform, implementing the technology with the appropriate IT controls and Information Management governance is key. Without best-practice policies, procedures and processes for user access, training, security, SDLC, change management, meta-data management and documentation, your business intelligence program is at risk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best BI Platform out there. Period.

1) Low Total Cost of Ownership

2) Time to Market (Delivered 27 data sources and 127 cards, dashboards and reports in <60 days)

3) Data Connector Library (pre-built connectors to over 1000 data sources)

4) 100% on the Cloud but works with Cloud, SaaS and hosted data sources

5) 24x7x365 access to data, cards, reports, dashboards and incredible mobile experience

6) DomoBuzz allows users to communicate/collaborate on data, reports, cards and dashboards in real-time

7) ISO27001/002 Information Security Standards and Data Encryption in transit/at rest

8) Excellent customer service and very capable technical support

9) Domo Apps (like the Apple Store) provide over 1000 incredible third-party tools and applications that extend the capability of the Domo BI Platform (such as the BigSquid Predictive Toolkit or Google Maps Pinboard, etc.)

10) Incredible end-user experience. Enables business users with an easy to understand user interface to analyze data, interact with reports, slice, dice, perform "what if" scenario analysis and to create reports in a safe, secure environment.

Domo review by Ray H.
Ray H.

"Excellent hands-on onboarding"

What do you like best?

Domo is pretty intuitive to use if you know the basics of pivot tables. Visualizations look really crisp and modern. Their onboarding and support team is awesome as they spent a lot of time with us to connect our data and build out an initial set of reports that we could actually use.

What do you dislike?

Not able to do simple re-ordering. We use it for sales/marketing lead reporting, but it orders labels alphabetically. In order to re-order, you need to create some additional "beastmode" calculations to create new labels with numbers pre-pended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Garbage In, Garbage Out. So make sure your data is cleanest at the source.

We have data in a few different places (Salesforce, Marketo, product DB, and Desk.com among others) We're able to easily bring them together with common key fields and have a better understanding of our prospects and customers.

Domo review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Great platform for executive reporting"

What do you like best?

Domo has revolutionized data reporting in my organization. It has given visability across departments and streamlined intelligence operations for our executive team. Teams know where to report their data and how to make data reach the eyes of decision makers. Both stakeholders and executives can quickly and easily create data like they like it.

I love Domo's ability to pull in information from any data source. Virtually any data source can be pulled into Domo and the represented as a chart or table. From there, Domo's ability to marry data from disparate sources is its strongest tool.

What do you dislike?

Data transformations and merges can be tricky.

At times, users can be at the mercy of pre-made templates and connectors. EG, QuickBooks' connectors and reports are thin, and there is no way to improve them without help from QB (who won't help).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a well skinned, easy to use, reporting suite, consider Domo. It is a challenge to set up, but you will be rewarded with a tool that your executives will use as their go-to source of up-to-date information.

With any software or new process, you MUST have a champion and an executive sponsor to drive adoption. If you have this, you will have a lot of usage from your team.

Create a centralized place for all executives to go for their source of truth reporting needs.

Domo review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Great analytics and visualization tool, difficult implementation process."

What do you like best?

Once your data is built, and in the system, the visualization and reporting possibilities are nearly endless. We use Domo as our primary marketing analytics dashboard and whenever my CMO requests a different view or report, rarely can I not achieve that is requested with Domo. The breadth of data integrations is also strong, but with a serious caveat.

What do you dislike?

Implementing Domo was very very time consuming and challenging. Domo makes use of third-parties for implementations and in many cases, they do not have the same knowledge as Domo directly. Additionally, there were several instances where Domo support provided an enhanced version of a data connector that we didn't have access it. It was like a "secret" connector you could get with more functionality if you knew the right person or said the right thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of what integration means. While Domo can pull in data from many sources, it can be difficult to get the data to work as needed. Example: the Pardot integration is a pure data dump and required months of building data flows and ETLs to be able to do simple things like report on the number of people in a list or those who registered for a marketing event. Few people at Domo know anything about Pardot.

Additionally, integration to Google Adwords is simply a hack to Google Sheets and required multiple data flows and configurations to get function. To this day, the data is spotty and takes 3 days to update.

Providing one single view of our marketing data from Salesforce.com, Pardot, Google Adwords, Analytics, etc. Ultimately we achieved exactly what we wanted to, having instant access to all the data in once place.

Domo review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Great Platform For Beginning BI Exploration"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely flexible from a transformation perspective and has a ton of prebuilt connectors to utilize. For heavy Salesforce shops, their connector is solid and can help accomplish furthering any type of Salesforce reporting.

Their transformation layer, MAGIC ETL, is outstanding as well. Can be a bit touchy, but allows anyone to perform fairly advanced transformation with ease.

Getting the platform stood up and getting data live is also very quick.We were able to build full dashboards with multiple complex data sets in a couple of days.

What do you dislike?

The presentation layer is a bit lacking at this point. Filtering on pages is a bit clunky and not as smooth as some other tools (Wave, Tableau). They use Sumo tables for more traditional "table"/excel type reports and they are hideous on dashboards.

While the adaptability to all screen sizes is nice, it can make dashboards not appear as intended on small or larger screens. A bit of control or ability to resize more than 3 chart sizes would be a great enhancement.

Only have the ability to export as a PPT and no PDF one page option.

We've solved for the ability to answer questions that cross systems with limited integrations (Ticketing from Zendesk + Sales Data from Salesforce + ERP Data from Finance + Marketing data from Marketo). The ability to merge multiple data sources into one home has allowed us to give a more well-rounded picture to our teams.

We've also been able to utilize the data warehousing feature to look more at historical data and perform more complex analysis into trends across multiple datasets.

Domo review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

Sales is a data driven art. Your team needs to be able to take action on the data so having a data visualization tool such as Domo removes several hurdles in the sales process. You are able to track revenue trends, opportunity pipeline, and activity.

You also can create personal cards where you can track your specific accounts and their trends.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports are not as intuitive so you do need someone really focused on optimizing the tool, which is not an issue, but it would be nice if some of the cards were more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to fully integrate your data sources. You need a resource to help with the implementation (internal or external) because if you do not optimize the product, you will not see the ROI.

We are solving sales analytic hurdles. We are able to make data, such as revenue decreases, customer interaction behavior, support ticket trends, and internal activity, actionable and effective for the organization.

"Domo makes life easier"

What do you like best?

Before Domo, I felt like I was drowning in data. Was ready to live out my days treading water while secretly hoping that someone threw me a life raft. MEET MY LIFE RAFT. Domo is fantastic at slicing through large amounts of data and turning that into something I can make sense of. It's super easy to use and now I have so much more time to create metaphors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I'm a fairly new user, but don't anticipate the honeymoon stage wearing off.

Domo allows our CS team to empower our customers with actionable data, quicker and helps our Account Executives create superior value throughout the sales cycle.

Domo review by Krunal S.
Krunal S.

"User friendly interface"

What do you like best?

Easy implementation. Tons of connectors make it easy connect data to Domo. New features added every year.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit buggy in some areas when building cards ( charts). The bugs are usually short lived as Domo is always releasing updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your data/connector is available to get your data into Domo. We had to write a ton of sql queries to get what we needed into Domo from Oracle as their was no direct connector.

We needed a single source of data to use throughout the company.

Domo review by Katherine Z.
Katherine Z.

"Domo- Analytics/Reporting"

What do you like best?

Domo is very helpful in tracking KPI's for performance metrics. I like the ability to customize your own dashboard of reports to track your weekly, or monthly metrics. It is very visual, which is nice

What do you dislike?

I don't think the dashboards are easy to setup/configure on your own. I had to have one of our IT people set it up for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The real-time updates are not great, they could improve on that. The tool once setup for an individual is very easy and nice to use; however, it would be nice if it was easier to build custom dashboards.

Being able to compare yourself to your colleagues is beneficial from a metrics perspective. Also, being able to assess where you are spending your time in a sales cycle, and which accounts to see if it is paying off is very beneficial

Domo review by Jennah C.
Jennah C.

"The best BI software for every user"

What do you like best?

I adore DOMO - not only is their staff the best I've had the pleasure of working with, but even with my small user group, it's applicable, It's a plug and play - but you CAN go as deep as you need to including R integration. I have been a user of Tableau and have determined to not continue that contract in order to focus on Domo and their partners.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much. Most of what I find that I get frustrated with are things that I don't know about and am still learning - for instance, I didn't know how to set a goal line until today. The good news - it's SO easy once you learn! Great staff and Domo University helps you along the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to a sales person and ask to talk to a current user. They're happy to connect you and other users will give you their real experiences.

We have analyzed our funnel, assessed our customer experiences, and explored new insights in real time. We just can't do this any other way.

Domo review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Game Changing"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use, intuitive and drives quick decision making. It also goes beyond the spreadsheet by allowing users to click into the data to continue to answer questions to get to the root cause of the issue or opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality is clunky, like viewing dashboards on a mobile phone. if you have sections in your pages that have multiple cards, it isn't so user friendly to scroll through all of the cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find other users in like industries to see how they are using it to get a real sense of the benefit.

We are working to intgrate our business operating system and KPIs into a user friendly environment that is self serving for our users.

Domo review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Domo Makes Sense"

What do you like best?

It's generally intuitive and easy to use. Once you begin using Domo you'll instantly recognize how many other use cases your company has for the tool. Each use case can help you automate a manual process or provide valuable insight into data.

Domo feels like a safe tool to trust your data with. If a dataset gets some how gets messed up it's easy to revert back to an old version.

What do you dislike?

Performance in the analyzer can be a bit laggy when working with large data sets. Nothing outrageous but I'd like it to be a little more responsive at times. Alerts, while nice, aren't customizable enough. I like that you can always get a support person on the phone ASAP but getting fixes in can sometimes be slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be cautious when making initial decisions in regards to your Domo data structure/infrastructure. You'll have to live with this structure unless you decide to redo it all.

We've built countless cards and dashboards for use across the company that had provided tremendous insight into previously opaque data.

Domo review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Great to tool to visualize and share data, less than stellar for analysis."

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of filters to allow different users to see the data that interests them. Beast modes allow me to do functions on aggregations in Domo instead of having to individually calculate all the various combinations.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a desktop App for Domo so that it would be an effective tool for analysis and exploration as well. The web interface is a little slow for exploring data. It's great for presentation but it takes a little longer then I'd like for learning about the data. Because of this issue, I sometimes use Tableau for the 1st part of my analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the plunge. Totally worth it.

Trying to provide decision makers with the ability to access and understand the data that's important to them. The ease of personalization on the part of the end user frees me up to do other work.

Domo review by Derek C.
Derek C.

"Domo Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that it updates all the data of employees and schools in a very efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

That I'm not truly up to date with all the updates Domo has to offer.

The big one we use Domo for is Utilization of employees hours on the field. It helps keeps up to date for the hours needed to be completed for are employees.

Domo review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Domo gets it done"

What do you like best?

Powerful visualizations and drill paths. Workbench and data pushing are simple. Easy to create new cards.

Looking forward to digging into apps more. Excited for embed feature.

What do you dislike?

I need to have multiple cards to handle a dynamic drill path. It would be nice to have options to drill a few different ways on the same card. For example, I have a card that show units, but I want to drill three different ways - by location, by employee, and by month.

Also, the forecast value option is slow, taking 8 to 9 seconds to load. So we end up handling that in our data on the back end. It would be nice if that were faster so we didn't have to handle that on our side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to get your arms around. For us, we gave too much away to other departments, putting the responsibility on them to build their own cards, etc. We had to determine which Domo roles made the most sense to have in which departments (data, card building, etc.).

Dashboard tools for our customers and unlike anything in our industry, giving us an edge. We just had a demo with a potential customer who said the largest competitor in our space was telling him this wasn't possible. He said you have and I want to start with you guys now.

Domo review by TImothy S.
TImothy S.

"A powerful tool that can bring life to your data"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect multiple data sources and the speed to response for our internal stakeholders. Domo is extremely flexible with adding transform layers on top of data sourced from cloud applications, on prem data warehouse, csv and excel files as well as many more. the visualizations are not a malleable as some other business intelligence competitors but it is serviecable enough to be able to tell a complete story about your data on a descriptive and diagnostic basis.

What do you dislike?

Lack of advanced analytical capability, inability to tell a story through data (just multiple cards that a user has to tie together) and the lack of ability to tie in and ETL data quality and data normalization tool as well as metadata tracking.

WE have been able to quickly give our users insights into the pipeline waterfall with ease, use personalized data permissions to services up just the right data at just the right time. We are solving problems that allow us to understand profitability and we are solving problems where our executives need a singe source of the truth and optimizing efficiency.

Domo review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I like Domo because I can connect all my different data through APIs to it. I use this a lot to pull in data from different tools, and blend it together. There are a lot of different connectors, and the majority of applications we use plug in well. I would highly recommend Domo as a BI tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when the fields I'm using for different programs don't line up, and I end up having to search for which fields actually match. This is more of a consistency error on our end as a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform to allow users to bring data together without having a data warehouse team. The reports are sleek and the ease of use is really high.

Our Sales and Marketing teams really enjoy the cards we are able to put together for them. We show everything from leaderboads, to trending, to user stats. We have been able to make it easier for our Marketing and Sales counterparts to pull together sleek reports on the fly, by creating cards that they love on a platform that makes it easy for them to export right into their presentations.

Domo review by Nakisha W.
Nakisha W.

"Domo is winning!"

What do you like best?

Domo support is parallel to none! Amazing platform user friendly but support beats it all! I love the ease of showing data and the ability to drill down through paths or filter your data without affecting the original card. It also provides great insight to what is working and what is not working. We are able to see all of the data sets in one place as it pertains to a single campaign and that is a priceless benefit when working with a Global organization

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike thus far! Everything about Domo has been an awesome experience in pulling our business in the right direction and helping pull data together

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domo provides a robust platform on which you can consolidate data sets to get the most out of your reporting -- brings a new life to your reporting and allows you to bring forth better decisions as it relates to your strategy! I think it is by far one of the best platforms to date and its support is parallel to none.

Reporting and analytics related to global campaigns and field initiatives. Our marketing department needed a way to measure ROI and right now domo brings it all together!

Domo review by User in Internet

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I like the way Domo handles data extraction, storage, and SQL. They make it very easy to set up automated datafeeds that can then be combined by a knowledgeable user. It has a wide variety of pre-built connections to APIs and so we don't have to worry about maintaining those connections in house.

The customer service is great. The support team is very responsive. They are very rapidly developing their products and are very open to incorporating customer feedback in order to build new features and improve the current set-up.

I also like that they've added the ability to teams to create custom-dashboard builds.

Lastly, there are various tiers of expertise that make Domo accessible to users with differing skillsets.

What do you dislike?

The Domo data visualizations are not as sophisticated as Tableau. There is less control over the appearance and formatting of dashboards. in addition there is no way to host the Domo visualizations on our custom sites. For example, I'd like to have charts that adhere to the small multiples.

in addition, Domo can't handle the same volume of data as Tableau.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a trial period! Identify the data sources you need and whether Domo has existing data connectors for those.

Makes it easier to share dataflows across teams. Enables the automation of routine analytical tasks in order to free up analysts for actual analysis.

Consolidates analysis in one very accessible place.

Domo review by Administrator

"Manage up with Domo"

What do you like best?

Domo helps me think creatively about data and helps me manage up to executives. I can bring relevant contributions to important conversations because I can digest the data in visual, actionable ways.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to make cosmetic updates to cards in batch. For example, I need to write a description for 50 cards - I want to be able to write it once, maybe insert a variable like [Title of Card], and update multiple cards at once. Or configure a quick filter for multiple cards at once. If they're on the same data set I should be able to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small with a plan that has a few easy wins. Learn to use the software and features well before doing a big rollout. Utilize the Dojo user community for support from other users and Domo staff.

Getting data out of a pdf packet and onto people's screens and phones with beautiful visuals. Personally, I have managed my way up into a new role by stepping up as MajorDomo. I have shown my value by helping us get value out of this great product.

Learn more about Domo

Domo Videos

Learning about Domo?

* We monitor all Domo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.