Domo

Domo

Domo Business Intelligence (BI) combines a powerful backend that sits on top of and connects into any existing system where data lives, including those for customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, human resources and financials, as well as any data repository or current reporting system.

Work for Domo?

Learning about Domo?

Domo Reviews

Ask Domo a Question
Showing 550 Domo reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Domo
Yvonne P.

"We can create very customized reports for most project needs"

What do you like best?

It has large number of plugin which we can easily integrate with our local server or data center. It has excellent systemic layer feature where end user can make their dashboard / report by their own. Additionally, it has good dashboard sharing option which avoid any communication gaps or deployment gap during the implementation.

What do you dislike?

Training material is not much available as every time team do their own R and D if there any issue or any support required. Further, this is mandatory requirement by domo that software only be fetching with their own database so every time you have to shift / move data on cloud if you want near to real time visibility. This is very time taken activity which may hurt internal KPIs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Data sensitivity will be check again and every time you move data through builtin provided format. Further, this is very to manage it. We will look forward better solution for this.

Domo has benefited us with its ease of use for non-IT users. People often learn to trust and use the system within a half hour or so. Domo does an amazing job in the usability department for us. We can use Domo as a self-service platform with data warehousing, reporting, alerts and chats built right in to the core services. Domo continues to innovate based on the needs of its customers and continually releases new features, which is very important to our business.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Matthew R. R.

"Business Solutions in the Cloud."

What do you like best?

I love DOMO, which is something like an operating system, but it runs in the cloud, I can use and install all kinds of business applications, I can access Domo and my applications, from any device, I only have access to the income information on the domo account, and I can enter from anywhere, my office, my house, my smartphone, so I can work from anywhere, I do not always have to be in the office, and I love it to run in the cloud, since I do not have to install anything additional on my devices.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult, linking external applications to DOMO, you must have very high knowledge in hardware development, to implement new functions to Domo, since the software is almost all predetermined, and some tasks which cannot be developed here, is difficult create them or add them from another destination, I would like there to be a little more freedom, to develop new functions inside domo.

Domo integrates all kinds of solutions in a single platform, which facilitates the reorganization of the business model, from a company from within, this application has a very advanced artificial intelligence, thanks to this, it can manage all kinds of business projects, created In databases in advance, thanks to Domo, many jobs can be automated and digitized, without incurring old obsolete work modes.

Ethan W.

"Domo does its job"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can create cards and dashboards for people across my organization that allow them to see what is happening in their departments, track what their team is doing, and be able to better incentivize the behaviors we want them to adopt is great.

What do you dislike?

Managing datasets can get pretty complicated, although that is mostly because of how Domo integrates with other systems (Salesforce, in my case).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Define your needs, do your due diligence, pick the one that best meets your needs. Domo is great, but I came to a company that was already using it. It's better than other BI tools for me at this point because it's what I'm used to, but that doesn't mean it's best for you with your different needs, and being in the decision-making process.

Helping frontline managers through the C-suite better understand what is happening in their business, and drive actionable insights from the data.

Stephen R.

"DOMO launched our company into a new level with business intelligence!"

What do you like best?

The best feature with DOMO is the ease of user functionality. Our company has a wide range of user experience and technology levels and the ability for everyone from the most basic user to the most advanced user to get the same information quickly and easily has been revolutionary for us. It gave us the ability to quickly build and deploy dashboards, cards amd data to our users without large amounts of overhead or work on our internal development team.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I don't like about DOMO. We are fairly new to the DOMO family so there is a lot left for us to learn in DOMO.

Our biggest problem has been getting actionable data to our C-level executives to make smart business decisions going forward. The biggest benefit so far has been the ability to big and roll out a full featured dashboard to our independently owned and operated branches for them to track and improve on their operations and profitsability.

Canio C.

"Can't go wrong"

What do you like best?

Domo does just about everything you can imagine. Whether you are a novice or javascript developer. It has it all. You will never need another BI tool in your enterprise once you go with it. No longer will you have to buy additional servers, a different visualisation tool, or additional big data tools.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a true java developer and I have found that connecting to other API's if they don't have a pre built connector can be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not as "easy" to use as they are going to tell you, however what it can do and will do for you compared to other BI tools far outweighs any negatives your DB or Analysts may find.

We have reduced so much office time spent on doing analysis. We have freed up operations and finance from spreadsheets. The Salesforce connector has allowed us to really drive sales.

Kevin N.

"Robust-AF, but it takes a LOT to implement"

What do you like best?

The software lets you visualize ANYTHING under the sun that you own and is in digital data format.

What do you dislike?

It's been somewhat of a nightmare to get up and running. We have lots of data in a few places but we don't have expertise required to do it on our own. We're learning as best we can, but it's a slow process because we have very limited resources to implement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're 50 employees, 4 major softwares with LOTS of data. It's taking us $25k+ and a dedicated employee to implement and it's still going slow. If we wanted to kick it up a notch, it would take another $10k.

Data visualization. We've seen our customer data, income and performance data in ways that are much easier to understand and make actionable.

"The software that allows you to make solid decisions with accurate information."

What do you like best?

I love this platform is very comprehensive, it is very easy to use, the reports it generates are very useful, since I can visualize what I want when I need it and also link them, share without problems. It is a very organized program and I like that it influences the daily tasks, creating diagrams of very efficient activities.

I get to communicate with my team, through a virtual channel, share opinions, contributions and what we have learned, as well as coordinate meetings and projects, now I have better communication, it's great. Its features and functions are unique, I had a lot of time that I did not work with such a complete and diverse program.

What do you dislike?

In general, I consider it a very good program, it helps in many aspects of the company, through its different characteristics, provides effective solutions and stores information in a very safe way. The only negative aspect I notice, is that I would like them to add more options to the board, it would be more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Domo for its variety of to use, I generate a different perspective and perspective of things, I store information in a very safe way, with access to it, from any site, this has been very useful in meetings and attracting new clients. There is no other platform like this.

Domo has driven the growth of my company, has taken data and has transformed them into solutions and sales, greater profitability and productivity. It has given us speed and the security we need, its advanced intelligence has generated positive changes.

Domo has the goodness to be based on the cloud, which gives us the security of not losing the information of the company, since this software gathers and groups all our data. Also, since we have it, we have made decisive decisions for the progress of the company.

Ainun N.

"DOMO Is The Best Analytics Platform Out There: Fully Managed, 100% Self-Service and NoOps"

What do you like best?

DOMO is superior to any other BI or "Analytics" platform out there. With Pareto principle, just DOMO only would already cater 80%+ of our insights use cases.

It eloquently covers all features that are available in other competing tools/platform such as Tableau; while having more that they don't have. For example, Tableau doesn't have alert feature, while DOMO not only has alert but it is self-service and deliverable via email, mobile app notification, and even SMS; all in one seamless package. And in this fastest pace era ever in human history, proactive alert to business metrics while mobile on the go is a must for companies' executives to stay ahead of the competition.

DOMO platform is a fully managed service, 100% self-service, and requires no maintenance at all (No Ops); this ticked each of our three key philosophy of Data & Insight technology in Traveloka.

What do you dislike?

For our organization which is based in Southeast Asia, DOMO is very much lacking in Support. There's no proper process of severity of issues and escalations, and it takes ages to get past the first layer of support which most of the time wouldn't be able to solve any issue we raise (note that DOMO is super easy to use, seamless & intuitive, such that the only times you hit issues would indeed only be bug/product issue which can only be solved by their R&D team). They need to really work this out to be a truly managed service / Cloud-era leader of Analytics platform.

Nevertheless, this was also because we're a technology company that's always on the cutting edge of Data & Insight technology; for the majority of enterprises out there, DOMO would be a seamless deployment with least possible effort and highest possible impact & ROI. Highly-highly recommended.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember that total cost of ownership is mostly on maintenance of your data & insight platform, DOMO frees you from these (almost) completely. Remember also that opportunity cost hides within inefficiency and non-agility of your data to insight to action to result end to end process, having DOMO would cut this cycle tremendously.

Self-service analytics, insights & data. Decentralization and democratization of data. Agility & Velocity of end to end data to insights execution. Empowering independent teams (products & functions) within our organization to monitor and analyze their business metrics, with the minimum possible effort from centralized data & analytics team.

DOMO is superb in democratizing data for our data hungry organization. We deployed the platform in January 2017 and by August we have 600 users onboard with daily active users ranging between 200-300 users in weekdays, creating 16,000 Cards (charts) showing insights from 2,500 datasets totalling 3.6 billion records, with 12,000 card views per week ~ 2,000 card views per day.

16,000 cards built in 8 months is 2,000 cards created per month, 100 per day on average. Very telling figure on agility and velocity enablement by DOMO platform, two of our core culture principles.

David H.

"Great Platform When Your Integration Is Working"

What do you like best?

I love that Domo has a great many ways to analyze data from a HUGE set of options. I also really like that there is a built-in chat. It feels like Excel crossed with Slack. It is an excellent place for Analysts, managers and executives to discuss whats going on - based on data - and make decisions.

What do you dislike?

As I said in the title, it's great when the data integration, called a connector in Domo - is working. Domo has a lot to offer, but your insights don't mean anything if your data isn't aggregated properly in the platform. That said, my company is on a free trial and I'm sure companies on a paid plan will have sufficient support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Domo is a solid data aggregate platform that easily facilitates a discussion about your data and make changes. However, a good data integration is necessary for that. Connectors are easy to install and Domo's support (at their freemium version) is pretty good - not perfect, but good for a free option.

We are using Domo to generate insights about what our company can do better based on a complete picture. I'm also manager for our CRM, and make suggestions just from that platform to help the company. But with Domo, I see each part and attempt to make each part compliment the other hopefully make a whole greater than the sum of each part.

Matthew V.

"My experience with Domo"

What do you like best?

It can show different "cards" that relates to different customers, so you can group and clarify distinctions between different types of customers you serve. Beyond that, Domo is a good analytics tool. I can filter between locations, industries, types of content, and more to narrow down exactly what I'm looking for. It also color-codes the most effective pieces of content automatically.

What do you dislike?

When you filter results through our company, we have so much data that it takes awhile for the filter to kick in to show what you want. The main thing I dislike about Domo is it doesn't aggregate analytics about pieces of content. For instance, if I have a Solution Overview that is on my website, I can download it on the website, I can click on it to bring it in a PDF view on my internet browser, I can find it on Google, etc. - these are all different "pieces of content" in Domo, making it very difficult to distinguish which pieces of content are actually "better" than others

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's hard to learn and even harder to figure out how to navigate around Domo. I would recommend getting involved with analytics and using multiple points of data to back up and support conclusions offered. You really need an expert in Domo to help you but getting this piece is often the hardest

Using analytics to justify what problems to solve, which pieces of content to prioritize, and prove which solutions are working based on data

Daniel H.

"Robust solution "

What do you like best?

It articulately covers all highlights that are accessible in other contending devices/stage, for example, Tableau; while having more that they don't have. For instance, Tableau doesn't have ready component, while it has alert as well as it is self-administration and deliverable through email, versatile application notice, and even SMS; across the board consistent bundle. What's more, in this quickest pace period ever in mankind's history, proactive caution to business measurements while versatile in a hurry is an unquestionable requirement for organizations' administrators to remain in front of the challenge. This stage is a completely overseen administration, 100% self-administration, and requires no support by any means. t is a phenomenal spot for Analysts, administrators and officials to talk about whats going on.

What do you dislike?

Just the pricing, aside that, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Incredible programming which has a great deal to offer, yet your experiences don't mean anything if your information isn't totaled appropriately in the stage. I would prescribe to any information investigator.

It has outfitted us with a creative and feasible way to deal with share,monitor diverse ticket lines and client data issues. It also has an unprecedented farthest point concerning coordination with various mechanical assemblies that further update every limit you have. Utilizing investigation to legitimize what issues to illuminate, which bits of substance to organize, and demonstrate which arrangements are working dependent on information. Like it's obligation, it is impeccable in self-administration investigation, bits of knowledge and information.

Jeff K.

""An unmistakable view and beautiful introduction for all your business information. Ensured to addre"

What do you like best?

The manner in which our information is set up in Domo is inconceivably easy to use. Domo works superbly at having information appeared at a high and granular level.The capacity to quickly construct and convey dashboards, cards and client information is astounding. I like the adaptability it has with including channels and changing time allotments to see distinctive perspectives. It's an incredible stage for collecting, controlling and showing a constant perspective on your business measurements.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see some alternate coloring options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We can see investigation we would never observe. We can comprehend our business in a manner we never could. We genuinely don't have the foggiest idea what we'd manage without Domo now. It's phenomenal.

With Domo we can give precise far reaching measurements and investigation results. Computerizing the dataflow as opposed to building an analysis each time spares time and permits more investigation. Domo has furnished us with an inventive and viable approach to share,monitor different ticket lines and customer information issues. It additionally has an extraordinary limit with respect to coordination with different apparatuses that further upgrade each capacity you have.

Gavin S.

"Domo review"

What do you like best?

Domo is a wonderful tool to be able to collaborate all sorts of data together to be able to come up with some really great and useful information that you can take and turn into actionable steps.

What do you dislike?

The price is pretty steep if you want to use the entire full featured product. I think this would be wonderful if you are a large corporation. But for smaller business it requires work arounds

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a VERY steep Onboarding fee for them to help you set everything up and get up and running. This is necessary I believe to be able to use the product however this can be a pretty tough pill to swallow when considering other business intelligence platforms do not have such a large upfront cost involved with the use of their products.

We are able to eliminate many of our old and outdated processes of manually creating Excel sheets here and there.

Dan O.

"Great for a business health check, awesome business oversight "

What do you like best?

It's really great at slicing through large quantities of data and turning that data into easy to read graphs. Complex functions (they call them Beast Calculations) allow you to transform information into data that is more insightful. It's relatively straight forward to connect two or more different data sets on a 'join'. It automates rolling data analysis, tasks that would be repetitively, time consuming and complex in Excel.

What do you dislike?

Compared to TableAU, it has some work to do in terms of your ability to slice deep into the data (and present that data) to provide meaningful insight as to why things are happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Domo is great at providing an automatic oversight as to what is happening in your business, however it's not quite so powerful at answering the question why and how/what could you do to improve business performance.

To provide an automatic at a glance view (health check) to the executives and other stakeholders of the business how we are performing in terms of the number of vehicles purchased, price paid, quantity of cancellations and a variety of other business related metrics.

"is very good"

What do you like best?

Our company has a wide range of user experience and levels of technology and the ability for everyone, from the simplest moment to the most advanced user to obtain the same information quickly and easily has been revolutionary for us. The ability to rapidly build and deploy dashboards, cards and user data has been given.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I do not like about DOMO. We are quite in the DOMO family so there is much that we have left to learn in DOMO.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The fact that I can create cards and dashboards for people through my organization that allows them to see what is happening in their departments, what is being tracked by their team is doing, and is able to better incentivize the behaviors.

Define your needs, do your due diligence, choose better to adapt your needs. Domo is great, but I came to a company that I was already using. It's better than other BI tools for me right now because that's what I'm used to, but that does not mean it's better for you with your different needs, and being in the decision-making process.

Phil I.

"Regular Retention Marketing User of Domo"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the platform. I act more as a user and love the ability to see metrics in chart and graph format easily. Additionally I like the flexibility it has with adding filters and adjusting timeframes to see different views.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to complain about here. We've come into some issues with adding filters when comparing year over year data. Not sure how big of a bug that is though

In my world I'm constantly tracking orders and revenues for 10-15 campaign types and this makes my job a lot easier to report out to the larger team. This is especially critical during our peak valentine's and mother's day periods. I also am a big fan of the mobile app which has a great user interface to access business critical reports while on the go

"Easy to use analytics tool"

What do you like best?

The way our data is set up in Domo is incredibly user friendly. I hate having to dig up data and analyze each and every point by myself, and Domo does a great job at having data shown at a high level and a granular level. And, best yet, shows and compiles this data quickly and automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish Domo was updated in real time, as opposed to having multiple updates throughout the day. I've also found sometimes Domo doesn't capture every activity that's done in our system, so there's a small margin of error that needs to be taken into account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure how Domo is from a price perspective, but solely from a user perspective, Domo has been incredibly helpful to my job. It analyzes and complies data for me, which saves so much time.

In marketing, we always need to know how we're pacing and if we're hitting our goals/KPIs. Domo helps us understand where we are at with these values in an easy to use (even for those who hate going through analysis), intuitive way.

Victor O.

"Domo is very flexible on the back end"

What do you like best?

Compared to other data platforms I like how flexible DOMO is when it comes to manipulating the data. It doesn't require super technical coding skills but just enough technicality to make it interesting. DOMO is a whole system in one; in other platforms the components combined in DOMO are usually standalone services or completely non-existent.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to build traditional dashboards where you can customize different graphs on the same dashboard like a tableau, power bi, or qlik. I tried to accomplish this using custom apps but I found custom apps to be very limited.

I work for an ad agency. When our clients come to us their data is usually scattered in different silos. DOMO has been a great way to pull everything together into one place for them to be able to really see where they can better optimize their campaigns. Also for internal purposes, DOMO has been great for automating certain reports that take hours to deliver; now the data can be there at the click of a button.

Loren L.

"Concise and Appealing"

What do you like best?

The graphing and dashboarding is really simple and clean. The design is vibrant and makes things like checking call stats more appealing. The UI is very easy to master and intuitive. It only takes a few minutes of playing around to understand it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how laggy it is. Unfortunately for my team of 30 its a big lagging. Granted it's tracking a lot and is up to date enough but if it was closer to real time than that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In order to get the best user experience, close tabs that are not necessary for you to view all the time.

Domo solves productivity tracking and metrics tracking for sales. It helps my team know where we stand and where we need to pick it up in order to make our goals.

"Great visualization and time saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to set-up with ease a variety of different key metrics for our organization has been critical to our team understanding our successes and pain points to strive for greatness.

What do you dislike?

At times the customization and configurations of data sets can be complex and challenging, and the UI is already looking a bit dated, but data is king so I won't make too much of a fuss over aesthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're large enough to need large data sets summarized to track trends in your user base and other key indicators ($ spend per account, user engagement, etc.)

We're better seeing trends in our customer's journey through our product, and realizing some data we're tracking hasn't been giving us the desired outcome we expected from it. It's been great to see what our assumptions are regarding certain metrics play out to what we do or don't expect, helping us make the necessary moves to better quantify our client's value they get out of our product.

Jesse M.

"Domo was a perfect fit"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, and start up time. We were up and running in weeks, and on a platform that allows for easy collaboration and prototyping.

What do you dislike?

There are things that need refinement and maturation, but on the whole, nothing to dislike. The pros far out weigh the cons.

I'd like to see more options available in the visuals, as well as more visibility between data sets and data flows dependencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't get caught up on having just one tool to do everything. Domo is an easy fit for organizations looking for an analytics layer to help get everyone aware and talking about their data. I would be comfortable partnering Domo with other existing tools, and would look at implementing in those departments that typically don't get as much attention (accounting, marketing, etc.) The pre-built templates allow them to get up and running with the data they have in hours, if not minutes.

Creating a single view into our business, and making sure all the divisions were speaking the same language was the primary goal. Outside of accomplishing that in record time, there were unexpected benefits related to sharing dashboards with external customers and partners, as well as implementing "data governance light" and "crowd sourced data quality" aka exception reporting that works.

AM
Administrator in Machinery

"How Domo is useful"

What do you like best?

Card visualizations are very pretty, there are lots of options. The UX is great, very easy to use and intuitive. Customer support is good, responsive, helpful. The drag & drop ELT has some good options for non-SQL coders and for SQL coders to replace time intensive coding such as pivoting and collapsing datasets.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a set of tiles called cards that is not as great a some other dashboards that allow you to create a grid system. To get this style requires an app. Not all the connectors get the required data and manual data pulls are still required (Adwords being one of them, but they do have a nice script tutorial).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Requires a full time admin that can code in SQL. Get top-down support to drive adoption.

Ability to pull data together from various sources and transform them into a cohesive dataset that would otherwise take time to do. Automating the dataflow rather than build an analysis every time saves time and allows more analysis.

UE
User in Education Management

"Great data visualization software for sales team"

What do you like best?

It's a nice way for the entire sales team to visualize progress towards sales goal. It's not the most advanced data tool but it's a hell of a lot better than looking at spreadsheets! We keep DOMO up at all times on a TV monitor in the sales area.

What do you dislike?

Some folks on our team would like to be able to go in and see their specific data and it's more of a tool to see it from a birds eye view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've never used a different data visualization software but Domo works great for us a sales team.

It solves the problem of not being on the same page in terms of goals and progress. There are a lot of ways to look at our data that Domo allows us to do that we wouldn't have otherwise thought of. It makes sense of a lot of data for us!

Anthony J.

"A clear view and lovely presentation for all your business data. Guaranteed to meet you team's needs"

What do you like best?

When using Domo the user interface and additional resources make it the easiest program to use while packing powerful tools into their program. The helpful resources that come packed into the Domo platform are one of the best available in any system. Not only do their libraries of information guide you to an answer, they have experienced help staff to guide you to a resolution if you cannot find it on your own

What do you dislike?

A dislike for Domo is there a few programs that do not coincide well with Domo's importing features. Luckily was able to meet my business needs once speaking with a helpful representative

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Domo is an excellent program with features for any user's needs. There is a slight learning curve but the tools and resources available will clearly list resolutions to your problems. There are resources available in numerous formats to meet whichever learning style you find you prefer. There are videos, manuals, and step by step instructions that can be easily found in the help center. I highly recommend using the help features as they will help in your growing knowledge of the program.

With Domo we are able to pull information from multiple sources, extrapolate the key information and create cards for certain projects or reports that are needed. The customization within each card for different datasets is the biggest benefit our team has realized.

Learn more about Domo

Domo Videos

Learning about Domo?

* We monitor all Domo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.