Shopify

(3,297)

Shopify is a cloud-based commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops.

Work for Shopify?

Learning about Shopify?

Shopify Reviews

Ask Shopify a Question
Showing 3,297 Shopify reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Shopify
Jennifer B.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Agency
View Original December 19, 2018

"Mid Level Ecommerce platform"

Laura C.

"Sales are rewarding with Shopify!"

What do you like best?

Among the things I like about Shopify, I can say that the ease to configure, update and sell the products is unique, it really helps to have an online store that has these properties because a user with little training can fill the content of the page. It is also very customizable, since we can change themes and be different from the rest of the electronic commerce, another advantage is the integration with other platforms of payment methods that make the interaction with the client easier.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I can say that bothers me about this CMS, it seems to me that it meets the standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is a good option for a consolidated company that wants to avoid waste of time in cumbersome processes, this is because it is very efficient and has a great user support. The focus should be on customer service and selling, with Shopify this can be achieved.

We use Shopify to sell products on the web, it is a very complete CMS that has benefited us in sales, we have installed modules for payments, shipments and notifications to customers, which are satisfied with the service provided and with little effort in the request of the orders. This makes the clients return and the company is profitable.

Iceal G.

"Shopify for your E-commerce needs"

What do you like best?

As a web developer with 3 years of experience. There's no other E commerce platform as easy to use like Shopify. What I like best in this platform is the ability to add products seamlessly categorizing them by adding tags in it. You can as well collect all your products and group them within a collection, by that you can select only what to sell when you try to embed it in your site. The integration of applications is as well easy as there are so many applications which were developed by companies and free lancers around the globe. You can find and use what you are looking for. You can as well add some snippet of codes to customize your themes

What do you dislike?

I think the payment gateway is such a hassle sometimes. Also the coupons are not that much developed but hey it's a great feature to use, it just lacks the customization which I need because some of our clients always use coupons for their products and events etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As web developer for 3 years I can testify the ease of use of shopify. We have a platform for building websites and it has an ecommerce integrated there. However with shopify we can do more and we can customize each store for our client needs as they have different applications and settings that we can integrate. It's by far most used e commerce for web devs and users which don't have any experience building their online presence.

It solved some of our clients problem because of the apps available in their platform.

Brenda D.

"Shopify gives detail information to improve your web store"

What do you like best?

Using Shopify, I have learned deeply how I can do e-commerce. I feel confident thanks to its detail report of sales and inventories, at the same time with its marketing plan because I can use that information to improve the function of the web store and to give a better navigation experience to the clients and visitors.

What do you dislike?

The only detail about using Shopify is that its politics doesn’t allow me to eliminate one product of the cart, it doesn’t matter if the client wants to undo the order. I hate that part!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is great to work on internet, I recommend it because it would be your help to promote your services and products, and it will give you the appropriate orientation to gain with e-commerce.

This software has allowed me to widen the payment options with credit cards and virtual currencies. Clients can pay with total security, most of them have felt protected with the payment method.

Charles J.

"Shopify is perfect and efficient!"

What do you like best?

I like very much this software, due to it has helped me to simplify the way to make business on internet thanks to its add-ons. With them I have found the solution for any need of the web store. I like to use them to manage very fast the store and of course with efficiency to get good incomes.

What do you dislike?

Its monthly plans are the only thing that I am not agree with the platform, although the add-ons price varies, at the end of the month the amount of money to pay is always elevated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Shopify, it has many resources to sell and manage a web store. It is easy to manage and it counts with professional orientation in marketing.

The clients have received very fast their products wherever they live. Shopify allows me to do a list with geographic location to keep in contact with others distributors to help the business to delivery with success the clients´ products.

Jenson L.

"Shopify a simple tool for everyone"

What do you like best?

I liked many things about Shopify but if I had to keep one it is with the simple thing that is to set up a store with this platform, in a matter of minutes it is possible to have a store ready for use. As a company that makes this type of site for its customers we are very happy because we can do a lot of work quickly and easily using this product.

Another very useful aspect of the application is the popularity of Shopify which makes it very easy to find plugins for our store, these plugins make our site can incorporate new features that do not exist by default. Many of them are really useful for tasks such as stock management or importing products from other stores.

What do you dislike?

As a programmer I would ask the Shopify team to make public the source code of the application to contribute to the development of free software, a tool of this type I believe would benefit from the contributions of the community.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user, creator and programmer of stores with Shopify, I advise new users to configure the payment gateways of their stores with applications such as Paypal or Coinpayments since they are applications that allow payment to be made in a secure manner for both us and our customers.

In our company we use Shopify to create online stores for our customers, we choose to use this application because it makes it much easier for our customers to manage their stores from the dashboard of the application, this is due to the simplicity of the application.

On our part we are also very happy because by using Shopify we can make our jobs finish faster which makes our company improve the monthly benefits.

Christopher H.

"A good platform to create your store and sell online"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Shopify is the practical way in which it allows you to automate almost the entire process of selling your products, since it acts as a center where you can process all the information of your customers and products. This is very useful because it saves me a lot of time and budget that I would normally have to spend if I wanted to manually program everything on my own. With this tool I can have my websites in just 1 day, ready to sell immediately.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do not like about shopify is that it is not so flexible if I want to include certain personalized functions to my websites, and this can be a big obstacle because sometimes I have clients that ask me to create sites with personalized themes, and in this I sense the tool does not allow me to upload my own themes, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is a simple tool to use, it offers basic functions for any person who wants to create an online store can do it easily, it is ideal for people or small companies that are starting since it is very accessible.

Shopify is a very versatile tool, which has allowed us to create online stores for our customers, which operate 24 hours a day, with which users can interact easily, generating many sales in autopilot. One of the aspects of work that this tool has facilitated to us, is the administration of the inventories. On the other hand, the statistics that it provides us to know what is the most sold and know what our users like the most have been very valuable.

Mark D.

"Shopify creating stores without limits"

What do you like best?

I think that one of the most positive aspects of Shopify and that I personally like more in the possibility of being able to make stores in a very fast time, besides this makes the work for the developer is not very heavy and thanks to the simplicity of the dashboard of the application anyone with little experience can manage an online store by itself only with the help of the documentation of the application and using technical support or the internet to receive help.

The technical service is very useful when you are starting to use the application as they solve our doubts quickly if we are monthly subscribers to Shopify. Another aspect that I like about the service is that through its application store we can expand the functionalities of Shopify through the installation of new add-ons.

What do you dislike?

The only negative aspect of this application could be that because the monthly subscription is mandatory to make sales, the trial period serves simply to visualize the dashboard of the application and nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely Shopify is a tool that I recommend to use in your company if your work is about creating online applications, especially stores. Of course I also advise you to check carefully all the documentation and FAQs of the application because you can find very useful information to help your work.

Since we use Shopify in our company we have seen how much more fluid the work is for us, so we are not so saturated anymore and we also have more monthly benefits, so the use of this application has been very beneficial for us. In addition, our customers are also happy because it improves the stores a lot compared to the ones we created before, being currently much easier to manage.

Ramona F.

"Shopify has the best level of execution on the e-commerce"

What do you like best?

Shopify has thousands of things that make it in my favorite tool. For example, I like that it has the best capacity of answer to any difficulty with its plugins. This allows me to offer more comfort to the clients and more facility to buy in the online store.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I don´t like of using Shopify is related to its monthly plans which are expensive, even each plugin has a different cost, most of them are high for the business. But they are very useful for the store.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this ideal platform to start from zero your electronic sales. You don´t need to be an expert just the wish to produce and sale your products, the rest of the things Shopify does it for you.

Shopify has helped the store thanks to its type of management, it allows me with few clicks to have the control of everything in the store. The clients are satisfied and feel the security of being good attended, it generates regular purchases.

Anthony V.

"Shopify great platform to create stores on the internet"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most about this excellent application called Shopify is the ease with which we can create an online store without prior knowledge, in addition in cases where the user is experienced you can get to create high quality online stores with very little work time, this is especially possible thanks to the third-party add-ons available in the Shopify market.

The technical support service is something that works very well in Shopify, personally from my experience I think it is one of the best organized technical services that I have seen in an application of this type, since both speed and quality at the time of solve the problems have been very useful.

The dashboard of the application is very well organized making it really easy to find what we are looking for using the search box that is located at the top of the application, next to our username.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect to improve that should be considered in my opinion is in relation to the trial version and the monthly price of the application, in my opinion, although it is possible to test most of the things available in the trial version of Shopify not It is possible to make any sale due to the limitations of the trial period, so to test and configure the payment methods you should definitely buy the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is not only a business-oriented tool but any common user can use it to set up their own online store regardless of their knowledge, since being such a popular application, Shopify has a large amount of information available on the Internet. Personally I recommend it for all types of individuals and companies.

The main problem solved when using this platform is that we can finish the projects ordered by our clients much faster by not having to waste time configuring thousands of options since in Shopify it is all configured by default and the only thing that we must do to have The running store is to add products and configure the theme.

Yvette J.

"Shopify designs your store to the measure of your dreams"

What do you like best?

I like to use Shopify because it has a great quantity of templates to develop a store and its customization designs helps me to give the store a personal touch that turns into more original. I really love it!

What do you dislike?

What I hate with this platform is that the person or company has to pay for additional money to enjoy some of its apps because the free ones are few.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend Shopify, it has all the resources to achieve the success on the web store. It is a good an app!

Shopify has solved the problem to exhibit the products of the company in an efficient form. Now, I can not only show the products to the clients, but also I can use templates to put discounts, highlight products, make a blog to describe all the things that the company sells, etc. Without a doubt is a useful tool.

James J.

"a software to sell online and direct your store "

What do you like best?

This software is designed to sell online and direct your store from any device and anywhere you are, created thinking of all those companies with a good product to market and want to reach many customers and choose sales online, you do not need a lot of money to create your store or be an IT expert or contact a web designer, you can create your own store, the page shows you a wide range of templates among which you can choose according to the style of your store, or the story you want to have with her, after this you should only upload your products and the application that is made to help you in everything, will allow you to start selling, have a collection system, follow your customers, and even the products returned and the handling of the inventor

What do you dislike?

this tool is really good, but you need money to keep your store the first few months especially when there are charges added to the purchase that would increase the price of the product, just what we do not want when we are trying to gain the trust of the client

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend taking advantage of the competitive and productivity advantages that the fact of managing your store with an online manager that works for you all the time, and with which you can interact with ease

this application has many uses is how to manage your store with an online manager that works for you all the time, and with which you can interact easily, since we started selling in our online store we have become very dependent on this tool, we manage the inventory, we see that products are sold better and in what hours our customers buy and what days they do

Melanie C.

"Very reliable solution for electronic commerce."

What do you like best?

Shopify is an incredible platform to run an online store, has multiple functions that makes this hard work in something simpler but just as effective.

One of the things that I like about Shopify is that it is really easy to use, it is not necessary to be an expert to use this platform. It offers a great variety of templates to choose from, so I only have to choose which one best suits the needs of my store and what kind of appearance I want it to have. And I like this a lot because in this way I can build the online store and avoid the expense of hiring someone to do it for me.

What do you dislike?

One disadvantage of Shopify is that it does not have email hosting. This means that it can not host an email address with the domain name. This I think should improve as I have to configure the mail and it would be great to be able to do everything on the same platform and with the domain name.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Shopify to people who are starting in the world of online sales, it is really ideal because it is easy to use, it adapts very well to small and medium companies, also offers plans at affordable prices.

Shopify is the most complete platform that we have been able to use for the creation of our online store. This tool offers incredible solutions at an affordable price and avoid the extra expense of budget in developers or designers for the site. It really is incredible and with all the forms of payment it accepts it has been very easy to increase sales.

Donald S.

"a useful and cheap tool to start e-commerce "

What do you like best?

This technological tool is an application that allows users to create virtual stores or e-commerce stores very easily, it is not necessary to have great technological knowledge or store designs to access it, in my case I already had a good product that sold well in the regular trade, but I wanted to reach more people and create my store with this application, has more than one hundred templates designed by specialists to adapt to the vast majority of products that we find today in the market, these templates can be customize to your taste and the design you want to give your store, have different types of payment and accept different currencies, is very careful with the personal data of consumers and buy can be a quick and pleasant experience, is responsible for the systems of marketing, shipping, accounting, inventory is a very complete application It is a useful and cheap tool to start in the electronic commerce, in spite of the commission charge that is made by the transactions, it is still profitable

What do you dislike?

in fact it is a very complete application if you are starting to sell and you have few customers can be expensive but in the long run it is a good investment

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend creating a store with this application, there are many ways to sell online but this is safe and fast for the customer who will surely return for the shopping experience

In the company we focus on selling most of our products by e-commerce, so we cover the whole country, we sell with this application and we can manage the store from all the devices

Mary W.

"the option if you want to sell online "

What do you like best?

This application is really modern and solves many problems that formerly had those who wanted to open an online store and did not have the budget for it, with this application it is not necessary to hire a designer of online stores or a computer programmer since the application is designed so that anyone can open your online store without problem, has more than a hundred timeless, fun and original templates that can be adapted to all types of store from the most serious to the most original and all this at a reasonable price, also presents different types of payments in various currencies and with different means of payment, always taking care of the data of the buyers, our customers are happy with the care that there is with the security of their data and with the speed of the purchase

and also it is fun and easy to upload the products to the store and create the image of it, almost everything within the application it can be made in a really easy way

What do you dislike?

I have no criticism for this tool, in my opinion it is fast, safe and easy to use, the best option to start selling online

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend selling through this application, your products will be more visible globally and can increase your profits without investing much money

we create our online store with this application, with it we follow our sales, we organize our inventories and we even make special promotions and gift cards that the page helps us to manage We can sell nationally or internationally and see the result of our sales compared with other stores of the application

Ervin G.

"Shopify: the facility to create and update your web store"

What do you like best?

I am satisfied with Shopify´s services thanks to all of its kindness in building and updating the web site it is completely easy and it has given the facility to sell many products giving comfort to clients in payment methods and free shipping. It is a wonder!

What do you dislike?

Some of its sections to customize the store requires some knowledge in codification and don´t like that because it represent another expenditure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify gives opportunities to grow, it counts with foros to find orientation and useful information. That is why I recommend you the platform for all who want to start in sales format.

Shopify has helped to increase sales starting with the appearance of the store to make it more attractive and dynamic with the purpose to exhibit the products with images, descriptions, videos, etc., to call the attention of buyers. Now, I count with many traffic in the store.

Joseph H.

"the application to create an online store with personality "

What do you like best?

If someone wants to create a store to sell their products online and does not have a great knowledge of design or computer science, this application could be the best solution, because it guides us step by step in the design of the store, it is very intuitive and easy to handle and the options it poses are varied and very adaptable to the different products that a store may have, we can create an online store that has the character and personality that we want to give, besides this it presents in addition accounting and management options of inventory, gift cards and different types of payment in different currency, understanding that the idea of an online store is to reach all

I enjoy the accounting tools and the elegance of the templates they are great

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned before, in my opinion this is a great tool for the creation of online stores, however if the store is starting and does not have a good projection the price can be high

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend you to contact the most advanced plans where you can stay on top of the search engines and so every time someone enters the application your store will be the most viewed, I also recommend using all accounting tools

this tool has helped us to move from common to online sales and bring our product to many more people throughout the country

Hannah S.

"A functional tool, easy to use and totally effective to create an eCommerce."

What do you like best?

This tool has saved my life. Shopify is the best in the world, with it you can design your own online store and become a merchant that you always dreamed of. The best thing about it is that it is very simple to implement, there are a lot of predesigned templates to design the store to your liking completely.

It also lets you configure and customize it as much as you like so that you get the desired result. The configuration is not only at the level of the appearance since you can also configure the payment methods which is excellent.

The functionality, ease of use and efficiency are the main virtues of this tool that can help you become the trader you always dreamed of.

What do you dislike?

The plans they offer are honestly their only weak point in my opinion, since the most economical option is quite limited and there is no free version as such, only a free trial version but it is not enough.

Having to get to pay up to $300 per month for the membership that provides the most benefits and features can be very expensive for many customers who are starting

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are willing to pay a membership or subscription to shopify (not the cheapest) I recommend you take advantage of all the opportunities that this great tool gives you. The cheapest plans do not recommend them because you usually stay short in terms of the requirements it gives you but a good plan (more expensive) is recommended 100%

Since we started using shopify for the creation of our stores, the direction of our company changed drastically for the better. Being able to set up our stores has helped incredibly increase our sales even though sometimes the shopify commission reduces profit margins a little.

Violet S.

"the application to start selling online "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this service is its simple, I do not consider it necessary to have computer skills or professional design to create an online store on this platform, you can do it very quickly and adapt the wide variety of templates to the product you want sell, depending on which is the category where your product is, you can find a template according to the theme of the store and the public that is intended to arrive, the templates seemed timeless and elegant and at the same time very simple to adapt to any product, another feature that I liked the product is the various payment options in different currencies and with different means as well as the automatic tax discount, among other accounting functions offered by the page the security so far has been excellent and the purchases are very fast

What do you dislike?

for a store that is starting this application may not be the most indicated, because in addition to having a cost for using the platform, there is also a commission fee per transaction which should be added to the price of the product and when they want to attract customers Having a competitive price is fundamental

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this service for all those who want to sell online because they can do it very quickly and adapt the variety of templates to the product you want to sell, depending on which is the category where your product is, you can find a template according to the subject and to the public that wants to arrive, the templates are timeless, elegant and very simple, on the other hand the means of payment varied and safe

For some time now we have decided to start selling our products online in order to bring our new line of products to more customers, this platform allowed us to create a very original store that was consistent with what we sell without the need to hire a specialist in programming of web pages or a designer with which we save a lot of money that we invest in the product

Ruth G.

"the right software to sell online"

What do you like best?

In the globalized world of today, Internet sales are necessary and in many cases they become the main source of sales for a company, that is why this platform has become a great ally for all those who want to sell online and this software has the characteristic of being very simple and practical, it allows you to choose between more than one hundred templates with timeless and creative designs that adapt to all styles of products and stores, they are all created by design professionals and also organized by models and types store so we can choose easier.

in this application I can manage the store from anywhere through my phone, know how much inventory is available, how the products have been sold, handle various means of payment, my clients are the most important and with the security that this page offers For your confidential data I feel calm that your data will not be used for other purposes

What do you dislike?

Without a doubt the main criticism that can be found to this product is that the stores that are starting their sales could find out of their budget the payment of use of the platform and the commission of transfer of product would have to be charged to the client or paid for by the company in any case can result in a high price at the beginning

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is necessary to emphasize that this application can not only help with the sale in the sense of showing the product, but also has other accounting applications, inventory management, different types of payment However I must warn that sometimes the platform can be a bit slow and the technical attention is deficient most of the time, it is a challenge to take into account for the platform

in the case of my company the application is used in the phones to manage the store from anywhere, know how much inventory is available, how the products have been sold, handle various means of payment, my clients are the most important and with the security that this page offers for your confidential data I feel calm

brindha e.

"A Interactive Platform To Promote and Expand Your Business"

What do you like best?

I personally like the provision to sell products on this website and get connected with people across the globe. It helps in marketing and introducing new brands to users, all over the world. It provides an easy provision to purchase domain names like godaddy.com and then promote your brand, eventually. The application is simple and easy to use for all group of people, which is a major advantage. It simplifies your marketing on the whole as the process to set up an online shop through Shopify is hassle-free and less time-consuming. So any common person can make use of this platform, which is very welcoming.

What do you dislike?

One of the features I do not like about Shopify is the pricing which is high in terms of the transaction fee. Also, blogging is the best mode to stay connected with your clients. This is restricted for sellers who choose to sell via this site as they have their own team to maintain the blogs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start and promote your business instantly via this user-friendly online application. Why wait? Go ahead and reap your benefits.

The major problem with Shopify is payment processing, which is not readily available for all countries. In such a case, you need to depend on a third party payment gateway, which is not very encouraging as the dependency factor increases. The best benefit I have enjoyed with Shopify is the flexibility to choose the best option according to your budget, which clearly specifies the platform helps for all categories of people. Shopify offers 24/7 customer support and apps that are built in and synchronised with many apps.

Cameron H.

"the software to create your online store to suit you "

What do you like best?

this software is a platform full of templates to create an online store to measure and with the image of your business, you can choose between more than one hundred timeless and very elegant designs that are categorized according to the branch to which your store wants to access , art, fashion, technology, books, home finally it is very easy to create a store in this platform and start selling, it allows you to manage your business from anywhere, the interface is intuitive and pleasant for the buyer who can feel safe using their cards as a means of payment because this application has a very good reputation in terms of maintaining the safety of its users.

in addition to that the ease of managing the inventory and replenishing it, accounting options and promotions in the paid version make this software, in my opinion, the most complete in the market for the creation of online stores

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage that we have found in our business is that although the platform is very flexible there are certain characteristics of the shopping experience that are not possible personalize and therefore are the same for any store, which I do not recommend to attract more people and another point would be that the attention is in a single language and in a globalized world without doubt is a disadvantage

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to attract more people to your store using the management tools offered by the application and thus be at the top of the search engines and that the traffic of visitors increases with which undoubtedly increase sales

with shopify create our virtual store was very fast and we could enter our products from the regular to the virtual commerce in a few steps, we chose a design that adapt to our product, then we started the sales and as this everything in the cloud was not necessary to make a configuration special, it took us half the time it had taken us when we tried it on another platform, we had many visits and the platform always works

Scott C.

"With Shopify, the store has an attractive appearance"

What do you like best?

I really like how the online store of the company looks like. It has been great to design it. It was not easy to choose one of the templates Shopify offers because they are very attractive. I am very pleased with the website appearance.

What do you dislike?

A little detail I do not like about the templates is that the best of them creates an additional charge, but this is justified because of the quality of their designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been a great experience using this tool for the business and for this reason I recommend everybody to use it to strengthen the performance of your business.

It is amazing how I got a beautiful and functional online store for the company in a short time. The best of all is that there was no need to hire a web designer; only with its tutorials, the platform was set up and everything was operating properly.

Learning about Shopify?

* We monitor all Shopify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Shopify