4.3 out of 5
(2,783)
Do you work for Shopify?

Shopify Reviews & Product Details

What is Shopify?

Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, using enterprise-level technology made available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 243,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Red Bull, LA Lakers, the New York Stock Exchange, GoldieBlox, and many more. For a demo, please visit: https://docs.shopify.com/webinars

Shopify Screenshots

Shopify Reviews

1-50 of 2782 total Shopify reviews

Shopify Reviews

1-50 of 2782 total Shopify reviews
Shopify review by Jennifer B.
Owner/Photographer
Photography
Most Recent Shopify Video Review
Shopify review by Jerry C.
Graphic Web Designer
Internet

"Shopify, Advanced application for the creation of online stores"

What do you like best?

The best of Shopify is the simplicity and simplicity that characterizes the entire process of installation and configuration of the store in which anyone without computer skills or programming can perform the process, in case of having doubts about the installation or configuration is always possible get in touch with the technical support of Shopify in which from my own experience I have been able to verify that they pay special attention.

Technically the application allows you to make changes in the source code to add custom features but it is not recommended since most of these changes are better introduced through plugins that can be found easily in the Shopify Marketplace (can be accessed from the same dashboard) , in this marketplace we find applications of all kinds, some free and others with additional cost.

What do you dislike?

The trial period and the monthly subscription I think should be improved, it is not possible to test the entire product if the trial version requires payment of the subscription to be able to use all the features offered by Shopify, I think the trial period It should have no limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user and administrator of Shopify I always recommend taking our clients into account when setting up the website since the design must be in accordance with the content of the store, so I recommend that you choose the theme of your site with a lot of watch out. I also recommend that you look for additional plugins that can be useful in the marketplace of Shopify since many of them can help you simplify your work considerably.

I am in charge of the creation of websites for our clients, these people often commission the creation of online stores that I personally make using Shopify since it allows me to have the store ready in less than a week, this the customer thanks a lot You can start running your business in a very short time.

Shopify review by Chris B.
Director Marketing
(10,001+ employees)

"Control of sales"

What do you like best?

It is an online store that allows me to show all the products that are offered besides selling them in an easier way and having a more orderly control of each order they make with a personalization and image of the company that reflects the quality of what is sold.

Sales are much easier for the benefit of the customer who can choose more quietly the products having a tracking of each order to give the customer more confidence that the product will arrive without complications

an unlimited number of products is handled on the page does not have a limit of products to enter

What do you dislike?

Although it has a good number of templates I think it would be fabulous to enter more templates to have more design options, in all I have used the platform and I have used most of them all and I would not like to repeat any template

You have the tracking of each order to follow your location and show the customer that we are a safe company that provides good customer service

The order of orders is easier to dispatch and thus achieve the agility of processes so that the customer has his merchandise more quickly

Shopify review by Phyllis F.
Founder & Creative Director

"The flexibility of the platform"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform, which uses user interface themes and applications for front-end and back-end features and options, as well as the widespread adoption of the Shopify platform by developers and merchants, make it the best choice for most business cases.

What do you dislike?

The Shopify team has been reinvesting all of its revenue back into improvements and expansion of the platform for several years, everything that has been a problem in the past has finally been improved or fixed. For our cases of size and color variants there have been some usability issues about how the images and image galleries of the variants can be configured and linked and this can be improved.

With the ease of automated marketing and free training material, we are always one step ahead of the competition. We have a global and company-specific point of view to better understand trade, orders to adapt our products and sales.

Shopify review by Timothy S.
Software Programmer
(Myself Only)

"Shopify, the best ecommerce platform"

What do you like best?

After 3 and a half years using Shopify I think the best thing about this service is the facilities it offers for inexperienced users when creating their own store, not only is the application easy to use, but in the points where it is not so easy you can always contact the technical support that is willing to help you.

Of the service I would highlight the third-party applications of the Shopify marketplace, some of which are free, but most of them are of high quality and very useful to improve the functionalities of the store according to our needs. The plugin that has been most useful to me personally has been "SEO Expert", a plugin that allows you to manage all the SEO of your store in a simple and intuitive way.

What do you dislike?

The price of Shopify is not only the subscription but in some cases we must add the necessary plugins for our store, I personally understand that the quality must be paid for what is not a negative thing for me although I understand that for other people it can be .

Recommendations to others considering the product

To improve the performance of your store I suggest you visit the marketplace of Shopify and search plugins to improve the SEO of your website and also to analyze purchasing statistics to analyze which products are more successful and you can boost that sector.

After having used several products (most free) I realized that I lost more time configuring and editing source code of the application than selling products so I decided to try Shopify even though it was paid, now the situation is reversed, I dedicate myself more to sell than to configure since with Shopify all the configuration is done through a dashboard.

Shopify review by Frederick G.

"Platform to undertake"

What do you like best?

Through shopify it is easy to sell and manage the products offered in the virtual store, it has been perfect because it helps sales to grow and have a high index of new customers, has very useful tools for sales support easily show the products to the general public that access the internet

It accepts all means of payment for the ease that the customer has to pay and not lose the sale for something so simple, the virtual store can be customized to my liking as I want it to look and the more interesting it is to see the customers go to be more attracted to buy

What do you dislike?

I do not want to write anything that displeases me about this platform, its service has been excellent, there are always there when I need them and the platform works correctly to what I was really looking for to distribute the products more easily to all the clients that contact us.

Sales were increased and the recognition of the brand reaches places increasingly far from our country initially sold only nationally now sales have been so good that sales expanded internationally showing more and more our quality of the products

Shopify review by Jeffrey C.
Information Technology

"Probably the best software to create a store from scratch"

What do you like best?

I think that Shopify is the best software to create a store from scratch because it offers many facilities for the creation since most of the process is automated through its installer. Once the process of installing our store is complete, in which we only have to enter the information requested(like the name of the store and other stuff).

Once the store is installed, we will move on to the advanced configuration that will shape our business, the next step is to introduce stock in our store, which is very easy since the only thing we have to add are photos of the products, names, descriptions and price, after that we must configure the payment methods which are also easy to add thanks to the facilities provided by the Shopify service. Once we do every step above we can launch our store and start making sales.

What do you dislike?

Some of the options of the platform can not be used in the free version so customers can not get an idea of how Shopify works or if the application is really what they need, I think the trial period should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that when you are setting up your store you consider adding alternative payment methods since not everyone can use cards or bank transfers, as an alternative I suggest you make use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

The management of our store is much easier than if we had mounted using another platform like Wordpress, with Shopify we can configure the entire store from the same dashboard and it is not necessary to buy a domain, so you save money and especially time configuring the domain.

Shopify review by Jeffery S.
Owner

"Okay Software for a very Basic Store with limited items but can get very expensive rather quickly"

What do you like best?

Ease of setting up a store, listing products and starting out very basic. There is a vast amount of apps and support is quick and friendly. You can get a free trial and even more trial time with a referral from a partner company.

What do you dislike?

Very basic software unless you shell out a lot of money. Basic functions are not available and have to be purchased with the use of an app. For example, shipping can only be specified for the whole store, you cannot charge a different shipping price for different items unless you spend at least 15$ per month on another app. Also, SVG is not supported and support is not willing to assist in setting up SVG icons for your store. Customization is very basic unless you hire a programmer. In my opinion, the liquid language is difficult to learn for even basic tasks.Very expensive to upgrade and the plans escalate rather quickly. When you add the need for all of the applications, it adds up very quickly and can cost well over what you initially make, especially if you are just starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that all of your needs are met with one of the plans and then ensure that there is an application that will cover what wont. Also incorporate the price of the apps with the cost of shopify.

Needed as store set up quickly with a lot of options that I needed. I realized it was easy to set up but hard to get going the way I needed it to and the way I would benefit the most from it. The benefits are not greater than the hindrances, however.

Shopify review by Mario T.
Graphic Designer
Internet

"The best way to set up an online store"

What do you like best?

I think that Shopify is the best application to set up an online store since it offers a large number of tools implemented in the application that allow to offer service just hours after the creation of the domain and subsequent installation of Shopify. It also has external plugins (some free) that extend the functionalities and improve the user experience.

Unlike other similar applications, the configuration of the payment gateways is very simple, we simply have to fill in the necessary form with the corresponding data and enter the API key where appropriate.

Shopify is also very popular as an online store to offer dripshipping services that consists of offering products that do not have stock personally but exist in other stores, in this way our store acts as an intermediary and only obtains a percentage of the transaction as profit .

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything negative that can be said about Shopify in the time I have used it, at least for its software, but it is true that prices are somewhat high at the beginning when there are no benefits. A free trial service should be offered during the first three months as some similar applications do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people looking to create a dripshipping store I recommend the AliShip plugin that allows you to import products from AliExpress to our store and generate profits for each sale without actually owning stock. In general, I recommend paying the most advanced subscription if your store has a lot of daily traffic and a high volume of sales.

With Shopify, buying a domain to set up the store is optional, so just paying the monthly subscription we have the right to a subdomain in Shopify. This is one of the reasons why setting up a store is so simple since the application simplifies the entire installation process and we only have to fill in forms with the necessary information for the store and the stock.

Shopify review by BEATRIZ V.
VENDEDORA

"come online with Shopify, your business partner. "

What do you like best?

The most I like about this application is that I can sell the products I need in one place. It is also ideal for selling products that I no longer use at home, or in my companies but for other people if they are useful. I can also find any type of products you need. You do not have to be an expert to use it, it has easy affiliation and it is very easy to use. It is a very famous application, and recommended by its users, as long as you buy from a seller or buyer with a good reputation you will have good results with your shopify activities.

What do you dislike?

Well I think the only thing I do not like about this application is that you are totally dependent on the user being interested in the type of product, and that other users are also looking for the best purchase option in my digital store. to increase the value of the product, because you must start with a low cost to get the attention of, the users. When we buy products that are very far from your location, shipping is usually very expensive, so it is advisable to look for a nearby address, so that the shipment does not generate large expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all those people who want to sell and buy products that they no longer use, or need at a fair price, shopify is ideal for all those English speakers. It is also ideal for people who are dedicated to collecting items. It is a page that offers a variety of products, you can find any product you need.

Sambil Margarita is a commercial center with a lot of sales field, but Shopify helps me reach a very wide market, where my clients and anyone can access my products.

It has been very beneficial for my business since I am dedicated to the sale of portfolios and on eBay I can sell at an excellent price, my clients have the facility to auction my products and I get the profits for selling my products. What benefits generated in my company can I sell all over the world, and vice versa. Also, I do not need to advertise my business, since it is the same people who find me by category, and auction my product. From my physical store, I can attend my virtual sales, quickly and safely.

Shopify review by Kyle C.
Software Engineer
Internet

"Shopify, the easiest way to create a store"

What do you like best?

Shopify is an online service that helps users to create their online store offering a pre-built system in which they should only be responsible for configuring and customizing according to the user's preferences and what type of store they need for their sales business. With the help of Shopify it is possible to create an online store completely and 100% functional with only one day of work. The user who builds the store is only responsible for importing products, configuring payment gateway and the theme of the website.

One of the best features of Shopify is the shopping cart and its payment process because once configured it is possible to offer dozens of different payment methods so the user can make the purchase just by making 3 clicks of his mouse. The shipping system works in a very automated way as well, since through external applications it is possible to handle the management of shipments through tracking numbers.

What do you dislike?

Although it is a very complete application and almost everything can be configured through the dashboard, sometimes you have the need to make changes in certain parts of the code to which you do not have access if it is not through plugins, so you must resort to Look for third-party software that is not always free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that if you use Shopify, you should subscribe to their service to enjoy the full experience and without limitations, especially I recommend the subscription if you are a user with little experience because the technical support is preferred if you buy the monthly license.

Some of the projects in which I work try to create an online store and I use Shopify to carry it out, since it allows me to create the store in a quick way, which benefits the client that can have your website in less than 1 week. functional. In addition, due to the easy management of Shopify, customers can manage their store without help.

Shopify review by Christi B.
Owner/ Web & Graphic Design /Fine Artist
Fine Art

"So far, my experience with Shopify has been great"

What do you like best?

Shopify is a great tool for whatever level of online selling you need to do. Whether you are just getting started and need a very small online store or you need a larger store with more organizational ability, Shopify has features that accommodate those needs. For my personal artwork store, I have the ability to add individual products into my own website so that customers can make a purchase without ever leaving my site except at the payment portal. This is a great advantage for me to be able to sell prints and other items through my website. The best feature of the Shopify back-end for me is the fact that it automatically calculates shipping for me once a client has entered their information, and all I have to do is just print the label.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get used to the interface and how it works in order to create a button. I also wish there were more detailed or even completely customizable settings options for the individual sell buttons and the font with regard to size, color, frames, etc. I have figured out how to go into the code and make the changes for my buttons, but it would be really nice if those features were plug and play without having to code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and straightforward way to begin selling online, Shopify is a good option. It has different levels of functionality depending on your needs. There is bit of a learning curve, but it is a great way to really economize without compromising quality.

I was able to set up my online art shop fairly quickly through Shopify, and since I am also a web designer I have also set up shops for my clients. It has made especially the shipping aspect of selling a breeze, as it automatically calculates that for me and all I have to do is package the item up, slap a shipping label on it, and drop it by the shipping location. That is by far the BEST thing for me because it keeps me from having to calculate all of that on my own.

Shopify review by Alex L.
Web Development/IT Development

"Almost a year of usage."

What do you like best?

Everything is quite simple and easy to use. The Shopify subscription really pays for itself. The SEO is already builtin and the reporting is quite useful. One of the things I like about Shopify is the code they use - LIQUID syntax. The file structure within shopify is pretty good when you need to edit the coding for your site. It is labeled in a way that it makes sense to someone that does not no coding at all. The liquid syntax used is also very great since it takes less time time code a line. I would recommmend people to learn the liquid syntax when possible.

What do you dislike?

Some of the most basic features that should be in an e-commerce backbone are not included unless you pay for an app that usually requires you to pay a MONTHLY fee. You cannot delete orders either which means that if there was a mistake it will be on there forever. You can not unfullfilled an order even if you fiullfill it by mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very well worth it to invest in this platform.

We changed form woocommerce to Shopify juts because Shopify is easier to use. The other platform we were using wasn't up to par with our vision of a simplified site. Also with the order platform, we had to do the updates ourself while shopify takes care of it

Shopify review by Robert R.
Marketing Manager

"Shopify the best platform to build your store"

What do you like best?

The simplicity that characterizes Shopify in general since every aspect of the product, Shopify is created so that anyone can set up their own store having knowledge or not about programming, also if you have any problem and you are subscribed to the service by monthly fee you can contact Shopify support and be attended to solve your doubts. In my experience they helped me a lot to manage certain aspects related to the marketing of the application for my company.

The external applications are the best that Shopify has and is that thanks to this applications we can build a very professional site that allows to do almost anything. There are all kinds of applications, free and paid, others that allow you to import products from eBay or Aliexpress just by adding a link.

What do you dislike?

-Although Shopify is very easy to use and it is possible to set up a store in a very short time, it is also true that setting everything up so that this perfect takes much more time really.

-In the beginning it may bother a little that the application is by subscription but once you have set up your shop and tested the product you will verify that the application is worth every dollar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The application is highly recommended for people with little knowledge and who seek to create a store easily and effortlessly. This type of person will find in Shopify a very powerful and easy to use tool so that it is possible to create a store in just a few hours.

Manage a store with this application is very simple since 99% of the changes can be made through the Shopify dashboard, marketing is very easy also because there are applications that can be connected with other advertising services.

Using Shopify I can manage not only an online store but also connect it with external applications that allow me to hire marketing services to advertise the web and thus be able to attract more customers.

Shopify review by Emer G.
Business Development Administrator

"Shopify increases sales"

What do you like best?

The configuration of the page for the design is very simple to do and I can customize it as you want it to look, I do not need to be an expert because with the templates offered by the platform I have control of the image of the brand

Online sales increase more and more because people prefer to place orders from the comfort of the house and because it can be sold worldwide since all people have access to the Internet so that they can buy the products

What do you dislike?

The costs of the plans to have the shopify service is high should be a little more economic although the service they provide is very good and with the time they start generating more profits the cost they charge is worth it

All the products that are offered in the company can be entered in the store so that all customers can see all the products that are offered

We are closer to customers to sell the products and sales increased very well

Shopify review by Sarah C.
Director of Logistics
Performing Arts

"Professional Looking Shop without having designer skills"

What do you like best?

I have no idea how to code or to set up a website. This has been so much fun to watch my idea become a shop with very little skill on my end. I have a fun product, just didn't know how to get it to the people. Shopify help desk has been great and there are so many informative videos that they have made to help cottage businesses like mine.

What do you dislike?

Having to put the apps on using code. They walk me through it but it is sometimes a bit overwhelming. I have never done coding so just seeing that I have to read through it sometimes to see where to insert an app, is a little terrifying. I am so afraid I will mess something up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I chose Shopify over Etsy because I want to own my own business 100%. Etsy is great and I love to shop there but Shopify allowed me to 100% control my business.

The shipping discounts are wonderful. I was loosing customers on my own trying to ship full price at the post office. Now I can just print out of my home and the buyers get the discounts passed onto them. I can also add my own discounts which I really like.

Shopify review by Pilato G.
Web Designer
(Myself Only)

"Shopify, Online store manager"

What do you like best?

The best thing to use Shopify as your online store manager is that you can have as many stores as you want and also manage them is very simple since everything is done through your administrator dashboard, although it is also possible to use external plugins to perform tasks such as of support in a much more complete and personalized way.

What makes this application so useful in addition to its ease to create all kinds of stores and for any person is that it is possible to enter a marketplace of Shopify in which to find many themes and plugins that will make even easier even our management of the store.

What do you dislike?

-Some of the plugins that I have tried have not worked correctly so I think it is necessary to install some kind of filter or check for the applications that are used from the store, since it is not very nice to find the application that I was looking for later see that it does not work

-Don't like Shopify is the subscription model because in my opinion it is somewhat high price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Shopify application is highly recommended for all types of online stores, but especially for those people who do not seek to create stores by modifying HTML, PHP or other programming code, the goal of Shopify is to set up stores quickly and easily for all types of users.

Using Shopify I can set up as many stores as I like (paying the subscription) and use each of these stores for a different theme so that the work can be organized to subsequently distribute or outsource the service or even sell the store if necessary. Also with the use of this application saves a lot of maintenance time to be virtually automatic in its configuration and management.

Shopify review by Josh C.
Affiliate Marketer
Civic & Social Organization

"Shopify: The best eCommerce creator."

What do you like best?

I really like to use this platform, it has many advantages unlike others, one of them is the ease of creating websites dedicated to eCommerce, the truth is it is very easy to create a very complete and professional virtual store, I can also add all the Applications that you want to complement the professionalism of my store, you have many tools that can be integrated to the platform. It also gives me completely complete statistics, where it shows each stage that the client performs when online, also has the option to easily integrate the most important tracking codes such as Facebook Pixel or Google Analytics. The truth is that this platform offers very good service for a very low price.

What do you dislike?

This software is excellent but it has some disadvantages, one of them is that it is a little complicated to make a blog, since the platform is designed for eCommerce websites, it does not have a completely complete special section to design your blog and manage it, it shows you features similar to ecommerce stores, the only option is to create a subdomain and make the blog there using another tool like WordPress to manage it more easily. Another disadvantage is that they charge commission per sale and also the processor you use. But still it is still profitable to use this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a place where you can create your virtual stores in the most professional way possible, use shopify. It will give you the best tools for the optimal functioning of your virtual store, it also has many metrics and traffic tracking systems that you need to know. This is totally important for all of us who work with digital marketing. It will also be very easy to integrate other platforms to Shopify to work even better.

Shopify has helped me a lot now, it has helped me to create my virtual shop much more professional, before I looked for programmers who would create projects for virtual stores, it was always very difficult when managing the content, it was complicated and I did not do well with That, when I started using Shopify, really helped me a lot, its totally intuitive interface to learn more, it has many developed functions and very professional themes for all kinds of online stores.

Shopify review by Larry B.
Information Technology

"Create stores in a simple way"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Shopify is the ease with which you can create online stores with just a few simple clicks and in a few minutes. Another important factor that I love about the platform is that it allows you to integrate the store with many social networks like Instagram, Facebook and big markets like Amazon.

What do you dislike?

Many of the applications that can be installed inside the store and are really important to automate the delivery of products are very expensive, which makes it difficult to automate the online store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend the use of this platform to any person or companies that want to automate and increase the potential of selling products or services online.

Shopify has solved many problems in the creation and optimization of our online store. The optimization for mobile devices is impressive and the ability to integrate different applications within the store that facilitate and automate the operation of the store they are great benefits that it has.

Shopify review by Garrett J.
R&D/Product Development

"Shopify is the best ready-to-use e-commerce platform"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to integrate different applications and tune up your store. The thing is that some of the applications are very cheap and very easy to implement because they are made for the platform - that's the true beauty of Shopify for me.

Custom platforms are the best way to do it when only you are ready for the investment they require, and I, who have over 6 years of experience with website management, would definitely not recommend that company, especially if you are a beginner. You cut very significant costs and just pay the subscription, a whole building of developers hired by the company Shopify to improve the platform.

What do you dislike?

More functions are needed for the plan below the company. Purchase code and shopping cart code easy access and customization.

Shopify Platform-Integrated Emails Panel is an essential change, must be added. It should also be able to synchronize with email marketing software like Klaviyo, Conversio and others like Mailchimp.

-Email marketing is on a BIG increase according to Salesforce 2017 report -Follow the trend;)

The only feature between the second and third plans are abandoned cars and there is nothing better than what email marketing applications offer, and, considering the higher investment, I bet that most of the stores in this plan do not use the Shopify-integrated one.

This has allowed us to help customers who want the customer service added by us to create the product for them.

Shopify review by Jose F.
Marketing Specialist

"SHOPIFY FOR MOBILE COMMERCE"

What do you like best?

The use of Shopfiy for retail management has been an incredibly wise decision for our business model. We operate both an online store and a retail store, as well as a mobile retail store when we attend events. Shopify's flexibility to meet these three requirements has been unsurpassed. The system has allowed us to have more frequent promotional sales, highlight retail items with special prices for inventory clearance and allow special discounts. Inventory management capability has allowed for much more accurate inventory control and reordering of retail items. This list of things we like goes on and on.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage is the monthly cost of this software. We receive a nonprofit discount for the monthly cost, but a lower cost would always be beneficial to the organization, as well as lower processing fees, but their fees are more or less the industry average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please note the limitations of the product variants. If you are a very large company, explore your options before selecting Shopify. If you want to be able to manage your own ecommerce solution completely or if you are a startup, choose Shopify without hesitation.

I solve a lot of problems with Shopify. I have no technical or design experience to make an online store, but thanks to Shopify I can now make an online store without hassle. Shopify has many advantages, I don't need any web designer or developer for my online store.

Shopify review by Gayana I.
Administrative Coordinator/Tech Support
Consumer Services
(5001-10,000 employees)

"THE best ecommerce platform"

What do you like best?

Shopify is so user friendly and makes it easy to get started building your store. I like that they provide all the tools necessary to start, grow and manage your business. They offer shopify academy so you can constantly learn how to improve your business and as a small business any information to help you improve is extremely valuable. I also like that they help get you started when building a website by making the homepage easy to create, especially if you’re not a website designer/programmer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that shopify provides so many apps to add into your store because it slows your website down and it would be better if they provided those advanced functionalities instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!

Shopify has allowed me to start my own business with just a few clicks. They make it extremely easy to begin, and offer tons of support and tools to guide you through everything and help you thrive. I’ve realized the benefits of being self sufficient and not having to pay for outside help, at least for now, because shopify teaches me basics of everything I need to know.

Shopify review by Moisés S.
CEO
Retail

" Shopify: The eCommerce revolution."

What do you like best?

Shopify is not only a creator of e-commerce websites, it is a platform that integrates all the features for the proper functioning of an eCommerce, is simple, simple and totally complete, allows users who do not have as much experience in the development of an website have a virtual store with professional features. What I like most about this platform is that it allows me to integrate my online store with many popular channels, such as Instagram, Facebook and large markets such as Amazon and Ebay, it allows access to very complete statistics, as well as the easy integration of Facebook Pixel. and Google Analytics, increasing my statistics and giving me the opportunity to create similar audiences in Facebook Ads or retargeting in Google Ads or Facebook Ads.

What do you dislike?

As every platform is always going to have something bad, in the case of Shopify is the integration of the payment gateways to the online store, the only payment gateway that is correctly integrated into the online store is Shopify Payments, that is, that is shows on the checkout page to enter the credit card information without going to another tab, the other payment gateways such as Skrill, 2Checkout and others must be redirected to another tab to complete the purchase of the product, this can reduce the conversion rate. Another weakness of Shopify is that when changing the theme in the store the content is not automatically reformatted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform capable of integrating all the major sales channels that exist today, shopify is the right one, this platform works excellent both for users who do not have knowledge in the area of ​​web development and for users with high conomiento. In addition you can keep all the inventory organized in a simple way, the topics are very professional and with an extremely intuitive interface.

Shopify has solved a lot of problems for me now, it allows me to integrate all my favorite applications in just a few seconds, also the themes adapt very well to the mobile version, this is very important since most of my traffic is mobile. They have an automation system for emails, they even have abandoned cart recovery which is totally useful since 7 out of 8 buyers leave a website without completing the purchase, this is saving me a lot of money since with an email strategy marketing I can recover those customers. It has helped me a lot to organize my inventory, since they have an excellent automated inventory system that allows me to keep in order both the inventory of my online store and the inventory in my physical store.

Shopify review by Kevin L.
Associate Producer

"A versatile and stable online store platform"

What do you like best?

Shopify has most of what we need to not only create shopping carts, but entire websites. The designs of the templates and customization capabilities and excellent. The fact that so many reputable, popular and successful brands out there use Shopify gives me very high confidence in them. The clear instructions, menus and labels in the Shopify account makes it easy for almost everyone I work with to go into the account and make changes to the store design and inventory.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't as much flexibility in the Shopify as there is with more of a pure web host and domain registrar. We can't work with supplementary code, databases and server settings the way we can with a traditional web host. The overall cost of using Shopify is higher than if we were to use a content management system at a traditional web host.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For structured websites with very smooth online shopping and payment processing capabilities, Shopify is one of the best platforms. However, if you want to run a significant amount of custom code, it's probably not very ideal for that.

Shopify gives us the ability to quickly create professional websites with reliable performance and payment processing. Shopify's technical support has helped us to resolve issues related to particular website configurations. We don't have to spend much time looking for solutions to problems online, even though there are many resources for us to do so if we wanted.

Shopify review by Mateo B.
Web Designer

"Shopify, Full featured ecommerce"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this tool is the ease to create your own store in a matter of hours, most of the creation process is very simplified so we only have to configure configuration fields and install necessary plugins to implement new functionalities in the shop.

One of the biggest advantages of Shopify is that it is an application with a very extensive community so it is very easy to find information about any problem and solve it, even if you can not find it you can contact the technical support of shopify to help you to solve it, personally I have only contacted them once but they were quick and very useful to solve my problem.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like too much is the monthly fee to use the shopify application that is independent of whether your store is successful or not, personally I would prefer that they offer a free period that allowed to use the store without any cost until the store generated benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a novice user with little knowledge of web services and programming, I recommend you use Shopify, since using the configuration wizard of the application it is very easy to set up your own web store in a matter of hours. You can also use the first free month to learn the operation of the application and the store.

I have been using Shopify as part of a project that resulted in the creation of an online store, my position was focused on the promotion part of the store so I could see that the tools that shopify has in this aspect are very useful, especially those that help us attract customers to the store through SEO.

Shopify review by Isaac B.
General Manager

"sales"

What do you like best?

with shopify we have the virtual store to sell products online in an easier way

From the beginning the configuration of the store creation is very easy to customize according to how you want it to be seen visually for the clients

it allows me to graphically visualize how sales and clients go up or down to have a more detailed control and learn to understand the business better

The sales have increased since it is sold online because the system that is handled is very simple and our products appear in the pages or most visited social networks to go to our website

What do you dislike?

the advanced shopify plan is the one that has more functions but it is the one with the highest price and it seems to me exaggerated everything that goes up from the price of a medium plan to the highest one and if the sales in the month were wrong online that month is the same to pay and lose money

the sales are the fundamental thing in the company and with shopify more clients have come to know about us and the shipments are done in a sure way that the product will arrive, card payments are received that make sales grow

Shopify review by Larry G.
IT Analyst

"shopify"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to create and manage the online store to start sales

designing a blog helps to promote the store so that it recognizes more

It has a great variety of templates which makes it easy to create a unique design

with shopify I can manage and accept orders in seconds because if I do not have the shopify open session I get notifications the cell phone every time someone makes a purchase and thus provide a fast service

What do you dislike?

the fees charged for each sale made are high cost I think

If I pay the most expensive plan they charge me less in the commission but it does not matter because the plan is expensive and what I save in the commissions I pay in the plan

It serves to promote more products and have more clients to make fast and successful sales, the online store informs me of each sale made

Shopify review by Jordin B.
Office & Warehouse Assistant
Apparel & Fashion

"Shopify is my home"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of things I love about Shopify, so I'll just list a few;

Customization - You literally never know who is using shopify and who built their page from the ground up. I've worked for two different fashion companies with COMPLETELY different webpages, but both are so easy to use on the back end.

Ease of back end use- You can make it as easy or as challenging as you want. Hire a coder to code you a sick ass page! Or just do it yourself! I've done both, and results are always great.

Reporting - Can pull a lot of great reports through Shopify

Integration - integrates with soooo many different useful apps and shipping resources. The possibilities are endless, and you are never just tied to what Shopify themselves has to offer.

Product Pages and Variants - So easy to create and use, and integrates seamlessly with our inventory software. Usually just takes minutes to line up!

Import/Exports of Products is insanely easy

What do you dislike?

They changed the way they export products and inventory and so now supporting drop shippers is a bit more complicated and takes a few work arounds. That part is annoying, and takes about a half days work now when it used to take less, but hey there's probably alligators in heaven so what can ya do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Almost everybody else is. Especially if you're a company who is going to be drop shipping. Export of products from the manufacturing company to the carrying company is ridiculously easy, photos and all!

This is the face of our business, and supports all of our profit. It is the beginning and the end for us. If Shopify ever crashed we would have to rebuild a 5 year old company from the ground up,

Shopify review by Carolyn H.
Owner

"Shopify is user friendly, even for a novice like me."

What do you like best?

Shopify has a very user friendly interface that is self explanatory in a step by step fashion. The menus are easy to navigate and in the instance you do need help their customer service is always friendly and very easy to reach.

What do you dislike?

I wish they offered a few more features on the FaceBook Lite plan or at least a plan in between that one and the $29 plan. I also wish the apps like the Rewards apps would integrate with Facebook so that they could be used in Facebook groups where a LOT of sales are happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A plan for around $14.99 a month would be great. Also, app integration with FB would be wonderful. Giving customers in a FB group a way to earn rewards would be most helpful.

It's given me a new platform to reach my customers and makes invoicing a breeze. It saves me a LOT of time when customers can check out instantly instead of me having to manually invoice.

Shopify review by Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet

"Best E-commerce store builder out there for dropshippers!"

What do you like best?

1) Versatility: Shopify has a myriad of apps that can be integrated with your store in order to give your e-commerce business the boost it deserves.

2) 14-Day Trial: Now, the 14-day trial may be useless (As only customers with your store password can get into your site and order), however, these 14 days can be very useful in taking time to build your website to perfection. You wouldn't want to start paying for it right away and then start building your website. Good move, Shopify!

3) Themes: Shopify gives you a good variety of free themes (My favorite being Brooklyn). There are many other premium themes out there, however, if you are just starting out, Shopify's got you covered.

4) Not a Developer? That's perfectly fine! Shopify's 'drag and drop, edit-on-the-spot' website building practice makes it easy to build your website.

5) Domain Hosting: Shopify allows you to either transfer or connect your domain. If you transfer your domain, then you can deal directly with Shopify for your domain renewal payments, etc.

6) E-mail Forwarding: Shopify allows you to set up a lot of e-mail forwarding accounts.

7) Lite Version: The lowest priced model of Shopify is the Shopify Lite model which allows you to sell products directly from your facebook page, etc. This doesn't include a website or domain hosting, etc.

What do you dislike?

1) Transaction Fees: Shopify levis a 2.9% + 30c transaction fee on every sale you make. (I'm talking about the Starter plan that I've taken). Of course, if you take one of the premium plans, these transaction costs would decrease. And it's not that bad, I'm guessing.

2) Apps can be very expensive: I wanted to add an Ajax filter on my site, however, the app that allowed me to do that was 14 dollars a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to start your dropshipping business, Shopify is your answer. It has everything you need.

I am using Shopify to build my online pet store. So far everything has turned out great! I am still in my trial phase, with about 7 days left of it. I am definitely going to go live after the trial period ends. I never thought that I (With absolutely ZERO knowledge of coding) could build a website that looks so beautiful.

Shopify review by Adam D.
Digital Marketing Coordinator

"Affordable and Effective"

What do you like best?

Shopify has been a life-changing platform for my company. I love how there are hundreds of affordable apps you can install to improve the user experience of your site. You don't even need a developer to make a nice looking, intuitive site.

I also like how customizable it is, even in the most basic package. If I want to, I can go in and edit the code on any page I want. Likewise, I can make adjustments to titles and tagging to improve SEO. From my experience, there aren't many platforms that offer this level of flexibility at this price point.

What do you dislike?

A lot of our customers are tax exempt, and while there is a way to mark them as so in the system, I can't find an easy way to automatically send them an invoice that reflects their tax exemption. This would be a very useful feature for us. I know that there is an app I can download, but it costs somewhere around $20 per month. I'm also sure I could develop my own custom solution, but I don't really have the time or skillset for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out the app selection. There are a ton of incredible apps that will improve the usability of your site. Best of all, most of them are either free or under $10 per month.

We initially moved onto Shopify because we were having security issues with the last platform we used. Not only has it greatly increased the security of our site, it has also made it much more user friendly. Additionally, it has greatly improved our SEO, helping us drive more revenue from organic search traffic.

Additionally, it has allowed us to set up simple email automation for following up with customers and sending them abandoned cart notifications. We've realized small things like this have made a huge difference in our total sales. It's also made it much easier for us to crate and promote discounts for our products.

In basics, the Shopify is just easy and affordable. It makes it possible for anyone to build and maintain a successful e-commerce site.

Shopify review by Adrik G.
CEO

"Excellent for startup businesses"

What do you like best?

The easy-to-use tools when getting started is what originally drove me to try them out. I took a leap of faith and started my small business with everything that it had to offer. Between the easy domain registration for that personal touch, the ability to link other stores and to the great plethora of information and control it gives you through the mobile app, this was nothing short of a win for me. Been happy since last year.

What do you dislike?

I guess my only problem with it is that the site editing could be a little more comprehensive and less restrictive. There are many things I'd like to have on my storefront but am having a hard time finding an easy way to do that given that the offered themes don't leave much in the way of any significant changes.

The main benefit I've been reaping is the simplicity of it's use in e-commerce. I don't have much of a business background but was still able to painlessly get myself started and off the ground. Again, it's ease of use, administratively speaking, has been an absolute godsend for me.

Shopify review by Nathan F.
Sales Manager
Retail

"the best eCommerce platform"

What do you like best?

It’s provided people the opportunity to build their own online store with different features. You can not only sell your products on the website,Sell across multiple channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Amazon and eBay. Brilliant inventory system which helps you manage your store

Came first in our research for sales features and customer score

What do you dislike?

with the current implemented features, it is still kind of hard to counter bot users in all kinds of way, as they can just keep update the end points as shopify patch the old ones. The best way at the moment is to use paypal or manually filter out bot orders which is not easy at all, also the use of variant also give people chance to bypass the password page on shopify ,You have to create your storefront between the editor and dashboard, meaning you must flick between the two.

The only platform to enforce its own transaction fee with Shopify Payments

Content doesn’t automatically reformat if you switch to a different theme

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best to go as a ecommerce platform, no other competitors at this level, the website give you every features you need in order to present the product details to your customers, it also give you all the important information that you ever used regarding each and every transactions

it is easy to organize all the details of every single transaction, from item description to final shipping and tracking number or cancellation.

Shopify review by Natasha S.
Co-Founder and Designer

"Shopify is great for starting an eCommerce business."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using Shopify and actually switched over from Squarespace. I have my own eCommerce company and I like that the CRM for Shopify gives me a lot more options for tracking my sales, data, users, products, and clicks. I have Advanced Shopify so I have the ability to use abandoned cart features, collection of emails, see which products are the most viewed, and what products are most searched for. It also allows me to input certain SEO's which is tremendously helpful when people are searching for products my brand offers.

What do you dislike?

Small things I dislike about Shopify is that I wish it were more user interface friendly for people who do not know a lot about HTML and JavaScript. I had a designer working with me who knew these things but when I wanted to edit something, or add a page, I had to seriously click around and google every question I had since the user interface made it difficult for me to edit my website without knowing code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Shopify to others and in fact, have been recommending it to friends who are looking to start their eCommerce businesses as well. It is a great tool for starting an eCommerce website, or just a regular website with items to buy as well and can easily be integrate with other daily applications for a more user-friendly experience.

Shopify helps businesses problems a lot for example letting businesses know which of their products are their top clicked ones and which ones aren't. They also track and compile a list of emails that people will use when signing up for your email subscriptions or when they check out, so you can have the master list for mail blasts. Shopify also is connected very easily with other online tools such as Instagram, so you can tag your Instagram photos with prices and links that will take you directly to your Shopify website. This allows people to shop your Instagram profile for example which is helpful for people that don't know your website, but know your Instagram (or found it through their explore page).

Shopify review by Terry Z.
Computer Programmer

"A Very useful shopping platform"

What do you like best?

We can use sharp and professional website templates to register in a few minutes. The user interface is clear and easy to navigate. Menus and buttons are rough and clear, easy to manage. There are various business templates. We can customize it sufficiently, and it has a unique overall design. I like to keep the overall structure of the website perfect and easy to load into computers and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

Price and shopping are expensive. Other fees, such as monthly fees, as well as credit card fees, must be paid when you start or do not have many sales. I also found that the initial setup of the site is very difficult and takes time.

All orders can be completed easily. We have the opportunity to track sales and increase our trends. Software helps marketing and payment. It also has a good step to safely inspect and transport products.