Square Payments Reviews & Product Details

What is Square Payments?

Square works for every business.

Square Payments Profile Details

1-25 of 78 total Square Payments reviews

Square Payments Reviews

1-25 of 78 total Square Payments reviews
Travel Agent

"Simpler payments with multi-service integration."

What do you like best?

It has its own platform with an excellent portfolio of products, you can also create your own stock to present your products, it has a very easy mobility since the stock will always be within reach of your smart phone, the incredible thing is that you can also implement this system payment to your own platforms and brings the same benefits.

What do you dislike?

The cost of commissioning with an integration in a web platform is somewhat costly, it charges you for each service as well as including the invoicing of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is essential to have a payment platform, for that it is always better to use the safest than to provide more than one payment option

The payments are automated and it assures me the sales of each product in my stock, it saves me time regarding the presentation of invoices and contact as it is all automated.

CEO
Media Production
(10,001+ employees)

"Fast, efficient and affordable payment processing!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, costs, and the ability to have money instantly deposited and available for use by using a linked debit card which contribute to the overall satisfaction with the Square payment processing system. The interface is easy and intuitive to use and offers a great many options for convenience and tracking your customer base as well as finances

What do you dislike?

I can't for the life of me figure out any negative aspects for this payment processing system--it just works and works great. Could be less fees when using the Instant transfer options. My only real concern would be security when using my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a reliable and competitive payment processing system with no hassles, no hidden fees, and great customer service, Square cannot be beat! It has tools for tracking expenses as well as income and allows for other useful undertakings, such as email collections and mailings.

Taking payments from customers who do not carry or wish to use cash. This allows payments to be made instantly on site using my phone or other device as well as using with our company mainframe to track collections, spending, customer database and even customer emails.

Designer
(Myself Only)

"Easy, seamless POS and payment processing in one"

What do you like best?

I love that Square is so easy to use that I can hand my POS to a friend who is helping with my business for a day, and not have to go through an entire training session for them to be able to assist me with sales. Deposit speed is awesome, and inventory options are plenty.

What do you dislike?

There are a few subtle nuances in item creation and inventory modifier sets that are less than intuitive but honestly I have very few complaints about Square.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use the Square POS and item grid/inventory systems to make your life easier! Every business I've used Square with has benefitted from these aspects..

I was previously using a system that did not provide good customer support, reliable hardware, or easy transfers to outside banks. Square fixed all of that for me and normally I don't even need support because it just works.

Viajes de Freitas Designer

"A new way to process your online market."

What do you like best?

It is incredible the options for the methods of payment that this application has, its systems allows you to create a market online without worrying about having a buying problem in your section since it provides all the necessary tools as well as the Square Point for have payments by cards and the security to enter any personal data of yours is of very good quality.

What do you dislike?

Its configuration is somewhat arduous since it has many options and information to enter, the Square Point is somewhat limited and only accepts a card limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a market, it would be very useful to have a record in the square system and to promote any visit to your store.

Take my market to the most modern networks and online market, commercialize in different areas without worrying about the transaction of my clients.

Owner/ Head Coach
Professional Training & Coaching

"Square Payment Processing"

What do you like best?

It provides an easy way to accept payment via credit cards online and in person. This way I can send an invoice out to a client and have them pay online.

What do you dislike?

The fees are not that great. Although it is only three percent plus extra depending on the payment type it still cuts into the gross of each business gross profit. If there was a way to make these fees lower that would be of great service to small business owners like myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an easy way to process payments quickly and effectively you have found your software.

Mainly convenient payment options to receive money in a variety of ways. Using the swipe option in person is pretty cool.

Product Manager and Designer

"Broaden your business by accepting Credit card payments"

What do you like best?

Easy and simple to use. Anybody at our company can process the transaction using simply an iPad or an iPhone

What do you dislike?

At times it is a bit complex to calculate the fees applied to each transaction ahead of the payment. Fees are different if the card is swiped in person or if the transaction is processed remotely. I wish this could be easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have yet a method to process credit card payments, go for it. You have nothing to lose and it really can help your business to grow.

When we did not use square, the only way for our customers to purchase was to pay everything in advance. I think square gave us the opportunity to broaden our business and gain more customers.

Audit Associate
Accounting

"The best option in it's space"

What do you like best?

Having used multiple mobile POS payment processing systems, the simplicity and ease of use for square still hasn't been beat. The thing that isn't often praised but much criticized when it is bad is reliability, and this system is reliable. The customer support is also something you won't beat with competing options. Lastly, the software on both mobile and desktop is a seamless experience, cutting training needs.

What do you dislike?

The hardware itself for Square can occasionally act up, and the design of the card readers for mobile phones allow annoying, unhindered spin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't lose the hardware and have to get a new one ;)

The integration of rewards programs and receipt management is far and away better with square than before.

Community Manager
Information Services

"Process a better way to make payments and receive payments."

What do you like best?

Nice, reliable and efficient payment method through this platform, it is easy to integrate your sales systems as an online stock, you can pay from any mobile device and make easy and secure transactions between the same platform, your notification and registration tray is amazing.

What do you dislike?

When you acquire the method of sales systems through payments for this platform the commission charged for monthly sales is somewhat expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very reliable, easy to configure, attractive invoice presentation and effective in all payments, is very good service that you can raise for your stock on the internet.

I greatly facilitate the payments of my services using this platform, incredibly expanded the way to promote and facilitate payment methods.

Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"Cool but Inconvenient at Times"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of Square Cash. It 's my first choice over PayPal and Venmo. I'm a fan of a huge fan of the fact that it takes the money out of your account the second you send it. Just my personal preference for a payment app to do that.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of having receiving money only on business days. Especially if people always wait until Friday to pay you. There's also sometimes this annoying thing, that I have yet to fix, where if you send or receive money, it says "pending". Leading you to believe that there's some issue. And when you look up what to do, you're told that the person receiving the money has to do something. I know that Square cash does request now, but every time it does that it appears to be a separate issue from the request thing. And I still don't know what to do when this happens. That's when I proceed to use PayPal or Venmo.

Sending and receiving payments.

Small Business Owner
Writing and Editing

"Square is readily available, but the underlying fees and require are bogus"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to get going with the company. Overall, support and legit customer service was average. I loved that I didn't need much to get going, and the square reader was free too. I loved that I didn't have to pay a huge cost for the phone attached card scanner with options to upgrade for very reasonable prices.

What do you dislike?

The underlying fees were out of control, and when it came to the swype for swype cost, out right outrageous. Along side of the over the top fees and inability to use amex unless I paid another additional tax per swype that's higher than the rest, I was also forced to pay an additional fee for this. Outside of the non sense high prices, I found it unfair and completely rude that they didn't mention out right that you would have to link an account that was subject for denial and or complete rejection. This part is where I began unsatisfied with this company. Sure, they will take your cash and process it but getting it back? No simple. The slow turn around on the cash pending was out of the question. I shouldn't have to wait a week to see my funds hit an account that they later rejected and held funds from. This was enough for me to drop the processing all together.

I use a moble processing server to set my company a part from most, the convenience factor is high and the need for credit card processing is essential with my company.

UD

"So easy"

What do you like best?

I have been using Square for years! I love it, It is so simple to scan credit cards from phone or ipad on the spot. No more sending bills for artwork or freelance jobs. And, it keeps everything organized. I also like knowing how much I have made from my artwork each month, It helps to keep things separate now and not rely on looking up transactions via several payment sites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the little swipe scanner can be finicky, and once in a while if I am offline there are a few issues. But, it seems to be easy to void and start over.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's simple. Eliminates using paper or having to hand write receipts..

Keeping all my payments in one place. It has allowed me to do direct transfer to a separate business account no longer mixing all my income in one place.

Project Manager

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I love that I can finally go to a farmers market without having to get cash out first. I also love that it will always email me my receipt.

What do you dislike?

The fee that it charges makes it not feesable for my company. As a user, the only issue I have is the awful feeling you have when you don't leave a tip.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you aren't using Square, then you are definitely overpaying for your payment services. Square makes it so easy to process and send money when needed. The soda shop I was working at definitely didn't use it to its full potential (running inventory reports and customer stats, etc), but it still helped us so much!

I've been able to support more small businesses because of Square. From new restaurants to door-to-door tamales salesmen, I am able to keep my money electronic.

Student

"Ideal Payment Processing Solution For Small Business Owner"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy it was to set up a Square account. /you can do your inventory thru web and simply select the products that customers are purchasing from your store or market stand shelves for ease of use. Tax is configured on a separate screen prior to usage. When entering in an amount to charge, the square app calculates the tax automatically.

What do you dislike?

Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express, however, if your card is issued by a foreign bank it won't work. There is also no alert when the transaction failed. Also it's bad for businesses with more than $17,647 in monthly transactions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Businesses that are just starting out, E-commerce credit card processing

Square is the best payment processing solution for small business. The rates are minimal and there's no month to month charge.

Owner

"Best on the go payment!"

What do you like best?

I love how convenient it is to use Square. Literally plug it in your device and take er the payment. Makes things 10x easier.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Square card .reader is the amount of times you have to swipe sometimes before a card is read.

I've solved many problems, such as being able to deposit directly into my bank account and being able to send invoices and receive online payments. Which is also beneficial!!

Teacher

"Easy to use, Secure, and Reliable"

What do you like best?

I love that we can take payments virtually anywhere using my phone or iPads with no monthly fees, no minimums and no statement fees.

What do you dislike?

Square can be quite expensive. Transaction fees tend to range between 2.75% and 3.5% with an additional 15-cent surcharge per transaction, making Square one of the most expensive payment processing systems for credit cards out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, easy to use, but you may want to check other companies that offer similar services with lower fees depending on the amount you want to spend.

The benefits are our fundraising sales have increased due to the ability to take credit cards. Prior to having square we were only able to take cash payments.

"Great POS! Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and user friendly interface. We are able to sell products in our cafe and update it at anytime. We can even have photos of each item so there’s no questions! Cannot day enough good about the benefits of square

What do you dislike?

My only issue with square would be the inventory side. It’s didficult to set up the exact amounts when dealing with care style orders. For example a bottle of syrup has about 24 oz. but it’s hard to break the bottle into 24 parts. We have had to come up with alternative ways to inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s quite simple. There are great features and you’re going to see a good ROI.

We are able to sell and keep great records on what is popular and what is not. It’s also a system that requires very little training to have someone accept payments. We’ve seen growth in sales and less waste or confusion about where product is going.

"Best Tool for Small Businesses!"

What do you like best?

I just really enjoy how easy it is to be able to select payments where ever as long as you have a mobile device to use the strip reader so I can get payment s from a client anywhere!

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything I dislike squares functions and easy accessibility just makes the payment processes easier to keep track off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is great for credit card processing to tracking sales, manage your business easily with the Square App! I highly recommend this product for any business .

having Square Payment Processing makes it easy to find a useful tool to use for our payment vender and just makes it simpler and more accessible.

CM

"Ideal Transaction Setup"

What do you like best?

This is the best payment setup for small business, loved by coffee shops, the essential minimalist store purchase interface. I remember when Square first came out and somehow got hidden behind PayPal, Apple Pay, Samsung, and a few others that don't offer near the streamlined process or the substantial format that's fair on fees and super easy to use. If you are trying to decide between Square and PayPal or some other competitor, do your homework and make sure you know what you need for your business - I would bet 98% of all users should end up with Square.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't really offer much for businesses to utilize their own rewards/perks setup thru the app or payments with customers. My local restaurants and shops have setup their own rewards system thru phone number but it is really awkward and lacks appeal. Square should setup shop for their own integrated rewards system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is most likely what you want! Do your research between other options but be aware Square is a fantastic platform used all over the nation because it works very well.

Streamlining payments, transactions, offering customers the intuitive and smart platform ideal for everyday business without the hassle of complicated setup, high fees, awkward privacy issues, or PayPal/Apple Pay limits.

Analyst, Corporate & Investment Bank
Banking
(10,001+ employees)

"Use it for my small business"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy it is to attach to the phone and act as a POS

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes crash when processing more than one payment in a short time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try and make sure that the the payment processor works at a better rate than currently, sometimes it is very slow and the washout is not always easy. Manual entry is a nightmare and needs to be fixed as well, but customer service are really great options to have when needed and if you are having issues with payments or fraud.

Allows easy record of payments, and transactions on the ledger

Managing Member
Market Research

"Excellent for small business!"

What do you like best?

The square payment processing is so much better than other POS. There is no monthly fee, and the fee to use is competitive.

What do you dislike?

The dongle is easily misplaced if you are not organized. It may be helpful if there was another form, like blue tooth that could take payment. I am sure this would not be secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IF you are mobile business, this is the POS for you!

The problem that nearly everyone is paying with a card these days to receive points, miles, or perks. It is so nice not having to always take a check. You can also rest assured the payment wont bounce.

Title Clerk
Automotive

"Not bad for small busimess"

What do you like best?

I loved how they sent the basic readers to begin with. It's a pretty user friendly app

What do you dislike?

Phones don't have headphone jacks anymore so now you have to buy a specific piece for a specific phone

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Swiping cards costs less than inputting manually

Using it on the go, at art fairs and flea markets and pop up shops. As long as I have data I can process anything

"Fast, Intuitive, Excellent reporting, low fees"

What do you like best?

It WORKS and it's EASY. I've tried other swipe processors and I ran into problems but no issues with Square. Great admin dashboard and very easy to sign up.

What do you dislike?

We've used their app, phone swipe at events and for online purchases and ran into no problems. Haven't used ALL the features they offer yet but what we've used we can't complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended

Setting up a tent with products at local events requires a way for people to pay who don't have cash. Square is the best solution for us. Email the receipt and very happy customers.

(Myself Only)

"Very efficient and fast payment solution."

What do you like best?

The best things about the square system is that you get paid super quickly. The POS system is very easy to use, even a 10 year old could do it.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization with the menu and POS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its very easy to set up to see if you like it. It has a lot of functionality for various scenarios and types of businesses.

Square has made it possible to accept Debit and Credit cards at a mobile workstation, with very low fees.

"Portable way of processing payments!"

What do you like best?

Square has several devices that you can use. Ranging from a full POS system to a chip that can connect to your phone. Each way is an awesome way to collect payments!

What do you dislike?

The fees on this service it a little bit outraged. They can def afford to cut some of the cost. I am sure they know this because they lost a lot of customers this way!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is great but there are way more products out there that can achieve the same thing but for far less. I would definitely do the research and compare this service to other services. It just take patients and time.

Mobility payment processor. I have the ability to collect payment from anywhere and anytime. I love this convenience so much!

software developer

"Easy to use and great for a small business"

What do you like best?

I used square to accept payments from my client when I traveled to them for a demo. Very easy to use and no real learning curve. As long as you have the correct app set up you should be ready to go.

What do you dislike?

The square is a little inconvenient at times if you forget to take it out but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for all business types but for those small businesses that want something reasonably priced and easy to start integrating immediately

Nothing really. A little expensive per transaction

Square Payments User Ratings

8.7
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* Payment Processing Category
Do you work for Square Payments?

Square Payments Categories on G2