I would like to list the main things like
1. Proper approval workflows
2. Consolidated storage of all invoice images
3. Seamless ACH/check/credit card payments to vendors
4. Proper payment controls (users have different roles in the system - one user cannot both, process and pay invoices)
5. Properly maintained virtual checkbook (all check images are automatically saved)
6. Automatic invoice data capturing (this feature will save you a lot of time)
There is nothing that I strongly dislike about MineralTree, considering how much they improved their product in 2018 - they added more reports, made the available dimensions more flexible, etc.
There are 2 things, however, that I hope to see in 2019
1. An option to make partial payments on invoices (currently unavailable)
2. 1099 assistance (MineralTree currently does not offer this service, so you would have to do it outside of their software)
Note that no software out there is perfect. The value you are getting for your money by choosing MineralTree is great. Other companies which offer the same benefits will charge you 2 or 3 times their price.
The biggest benefits are
- improvement of controls (you have all invoice approvals saved in one place)
- easier payment process (it takes 3 clicks to send an invoice to the treasurer's queue)
- payments are automatically posted to your general ledger
But the benefits are not limited to the above-mentioned items. I think MineralTree team is one of the best in the market in terms of responsiveness and their willingness to work with their customers to build a better product.