4.7

The foundation your business needs. You have a company to run. Justworks provides a solid foundation for your business to grow and thrive.

Work for Justworks?

Learning about Justworks?

Justworks Reviews

Ask Justworks a Question
Showing 117 Justworks reviews
Justworks review by Pamela B.
Pamela B.

"Who Knew...??"

What do you like best?

...that a PEO could offer so many benefits to our company? But Justworks enlightened me. We now offer a richer benefit program at less cost to our employees and a very user friendly employee interface for payroll and benefits information. What has impressed me the most though is the Justworks team. Knowledgeable, accessible, and helpful every single step of the way from the initial inquiry to the current handling of day-to-day issues. Justworks also listens to input from their users for continued improvement to the platform. Now, that is the kind of partner you want when running a business!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really "dislike". I do think improvements could be made in areas of PTO tracking, individual state withholding and reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We are realizing a huge savings in benefit costs which is key for a growing company. We are able to report time and onboard employees electronically. Knowing we have a source for up-to-date HR information and solutions is very comforting. Also trying out one of their HR tools which has been a huge help in updating our Employee Manual. Good stuff!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Justworks
Justworks review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"Lacking Tools"

What do you like best?

Pricing is better than other PEO's, the user interface is also nicer than most others I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

Despite billing themselves as one of the most tech forward PEO's, Justworks is lacking when it comes to actual functionality. For example, employees can't really e-sign any of the compliance documents you might expect like an employee handbook, so you will need to distribute hard copies or get them docusigned. Same goes with CA sick leave acknowledgements which you will be required to fill out by hand. Payroll needs to come out and be run a full 4 business days in advance as well.

The on-boarding process is not very straightforward and you can feel left to fend for yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that if you're currently with an ADP or someone like that, their feature set will be much richer.

They seem to be doing the exact same thing as any other PEO but maybe with less features and benefits.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Justworks review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Cuts down on administrative burden!"

What do you like best?

I love that new employees can self-service all onboarding needs ahead of their start date if they'd like. They can pick all of their benefits online and if they have issues with their taxes, they can directly work with Justworks to fix them. The employee database is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The employer experience truly is reliant on your partner at Justworks. I've worked with Justworks at two organizations and had night-and-day experiences. At my last organization, I parted ways with them but currently, I couldn't be happier. I don't love the I9 experience; it's clunky and requires that we answer each section even if there is no answer.

We're not having to get in the weeds with payroll processing, filing taxes, the need for most benefits administration is much easier. Open enrollment is a breeze now.

Justworks review by David A.
David A.

"Perfect HR In One URL"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is amazing. Despite (or perhaps because of) being a computer scientist, I have zero patience for non-intuitive interfaces. Of all the online tools I use for business and for personal matters, none has a simpler, more obvious interface than Justworks.

What do you dislike?

G2 is insisting that I use at least 40 characters to explain what I dislike about Justworks. That is very difficult to do because there is nothing I dislike. It is perfect.

Until you are a large enough operation where it makes sense to have a full-time HR/Payroll/Compliance person, it would be crazy to not use Justworks. They take care of payroll, compliance, record keeping, tax filings, medical/dental/vision benefits, vacation days, sick days, and lots of other little things. Looking up stuff is a breeze. I don't have to do anything! Even if you are a significantly large business than we are, it would make sense to use Justworks.

Justworks review by Tomer B.
Tomer B.

"Tomer's Review of Justworks"

What do you like best?

Excellent Customer Service Celia Stein is terrific. She always gets back to us quickly and answers our questions thoroughly with great information. I like the user interface as it is easy to navigate and and manager the companies employees. I really like that Justworks takes care of all of the tax compliance especially when we have employees across the entire country. This is a tremendous help for a small company. I like that Justworks recently brought on HR consultants to help answer more HR related items and issues as they arise. We have used this resource to answer questions about visas and other types of employment documents.

What do you dislike?

Wish the platform had more ATS for onboarding and recruiting. Would be great to have something that would help with recruiting and the entire process from sourcing all the way through onboarding and the HR benefits management component to the system. I dislike the 401K offering with Slavic. There are many better platforms that have lower rates. Unfortunately, I was froced to outsource our 401K. I wish there was more advanced reporting and analytics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Justworks is our entire back office management system for Human resources. We use it to onboard emplolyees, administer health benefits. It is great to have everything in one place. Its been a tremendous help as our company grows and scales. I think that Justworks could also benefit by building out different modules for ATS, Recruiting, etc.

Justworks review by User

"Pretty simple tool with room to grow"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of logging into one system with my: company directory, policies, important docs, internal calendar, and benefits packages listed. It is a lot easier than logging into custom portals with various different logins that you will find in large enterprises.

What do you dislike?

I think that customer service takes too long to respond to an email and that they don't actually understand how to help you. For example, I had an existing gym membership with a company that Justworks partners with and will throw $15/month towards as a perk. The catch being that you need to sign-up via their portal and through their locked-in price. I already had a lower price per month than what Justworks offerred and asked if they could still do the $15 credit. I never really got a valid response.

Also, I wish that the internal employee directory had a hierarchy view instead of just a large contact list of names. This would give a better view of department structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out how complicated of an HR solution you need, how international is your employee base, and how much custom benefits both financial and cultural you need to have supported via a tool.

One-stop location for important: documents, policies, procedures, and limited internal staffing to deal with growing employee base both U.S. and abroad.

Justworks review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Simple interface and valuable compliance management expertise"

What do you like best?

The primary value we derive from Justworks is compliance management for state regulations. From taxes to unemployment filings to compliance forms, Justworks handles it all. For a fully distributed team, this is a sanity-saver! The additional value we get in the form of benefit offerings + management and payroll processing is all bonus to the compliance aspect!

What do you dislike?

The response time on emails is longer than I would like. I find that I often have to follow-up a 2nd time to get a response. Also, they only support US employees. I would love to see that expanded to include Canada (and beyond).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found Justworks to be the best option available right now for the needs of a company our size. They provide excellent value for the price we pay. We hope to see some improvements as they scale and grow, but overall we are pleased with the value they deliver.

As a fully distributed remote team, we rely heavily on Justworks to manage and direct us on all state-related compliance issues. We also use the product to handle all of our payroll, including employees and contractors. We utilize Justworks for employee expense reimbursements and for some benefit offerings.

Justworks review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Justworks is one of my favorite things about my job!"

What do you like best?

I love that I know I can always count on them. There has never been a time that we haven't been able to resolve a situation and I truly feel that my Account Manager and the rest of the team always have my back. I also really appreciate that they are honest when they make mistakes. It makes me feel like they are real humans and not just COGS in a machine. They make my job easier and I couldn't do it without them.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking software is not robust enough for our needs, as we need a true clock in and out software. I think they need to have a more built out leaves team to help with medical, parental etc. types of leave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Justworks. They aren't perfect, but everything they are doing is moving them in the right direction. If you want a system that is easy to use for you and your employees + great customer service you can rely on, I would suggest moving to Justworks.

They help me streamline all of our People Ops needs--from payroll to benefits to vacation tracking. I am a one person admin for an org of 70 so being able to handle everything in one platform is essential.

Justworks review by Administrator

"Justworks has been a breath of fresh air!"

What do you like best?

Probably what we like best about Justworks is that they saved us alot of money over ADP. We have cut our costs for payroll service and benefits in half.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say I disliked anything it's that they don't have a local office. I like the idea of being close, but my account manager has always been available to me via phone and email so it hasn't been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a chance. They are a new company compared to some of the others out there but I believe they are moving in the right direction.

The main business problem we've solved is minimizing our overhead. After our first year in business, we really needed to cut costs and we were spending entirely too much money with ADP for the same service. And on top of that, being a small company, ADP wasn't very helpful. We were a small fish in a big pond. Justworks makes us feel important as a client period.

Justworks review by Administrator

"The best interface of any PEO - so much easier to work with"

What do you like best?

The portal and the customer service - both rock solid. Compared to others i love the automated payroll and the zero paper submissions needed to give raises, change compensation etc. Other systems are some cumbersome and I would have to call 90000 people to get the answer. The customer service is great. I love that I have the same person and she usually responds in a few hours. We got a payroll problem fixed late one night after hours too.

What do you dislike?

Some limited functionality of the admin/manager rights - can't delegate things to managers - like approving the I-9s - without giving them full access. More granular security controls would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

More granular controls in the admin portal for delegation - keep adding more benefits/options

benefits and payroll and all the stuff that goes with it. We use it to give the employees benefits they couldt get otherwise, like commuter and health and class pass. They like the portal generally.

Justworks review by Administrator

"Good for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Justworks provides a clean, attractive system to roll multiple functions into one place. It's ideal for small businesses that need HR, benefits, and payroll management all in one place (plus the added benefit of individual tax filing. The staff is wonderful, and really supportive.

What do you dislike?

There is some common-place functionality that is missing, such as the ability to have timecards for different rates assigned to an employee (they recently added back-end adjusted, but it's extra work for busy admins). I would also love a function that would allow you to see net paycheck amounts while scheduling a check. I would also love to see additional functionality such as end-of-year tax form preparation, more individualized HR support, and easy access to other support services (like finding a maintenance person on an ad hoc basis). There are companies that do all of these things and I would love to have them in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be vocal in your needs, they listen.

Administering all of our employee benefits and payroll has been really key for us.

Justworks review by Administrator

"Justworks lets me breathe!"

What do you like best?

Justworks has a user-friendly interface that is easy for me to use, and is also easy for my staff to understand and keep up with. The fact that Justworks ensures I'm complying with all relevant laws and policies as an employer--plus calculating taxes and deductions, and issuing all the needed forms--is a huge relief to me both personally and professionally. I can focus on the work of my organization instead of worrying over complex details. I can breathe!

What do you dislike?

It's great that I can easily import Justworks transactions into my QuickBooks, but it's been a complex process to align my recordkeeping. But the benefits and ease of Justworks far, far outweigh any negatives I've experienced in the nearly three years I've been using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value for the level of service, support, and resources.

Justworks is my go-to for HR information. Incredibly helpful resources as well as a highly effective product. Support is also prompt and highly responsive. I've really liked using Justworks, and it continues to exceed my expectations.

Justworks review by Quandra T.
Quandra T.

"Much easier interface than ADP!"

What do you like best?

I love that the calendar displays the date you'll get paid so there's no confusion, and it also displays co-workers birthdays as well, which might sound like nothing, but at our old job we actually kept printed lists of birth dates so that we could celebrate (super old school.) Also, the sign up made setting up healthcare insurance a breeze, and the overall website interface is so much cleaner and easier to find everything. They are also great at sending you reminder emails, such as to enroll by a certain time or even to just let you know you've been paid!

What do you dislike?

No more routine every Friday paydays. The Justworks schedule is the 15th and last day of each month. As someone who was used to a biweekly pay schedule her entire life, it took a little bit of adjusting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go! So far, I've experienced JustWorks, ADP and Paychex in the past and Justworks is the easiest one with the best usability in my opinion!

Our company switched from ADP to Justworks with this summer and this is a much better human resources solution that allows the employee to easily log in and check anything they need from pay stubs to insurance to pay dates, so that you no longer have to ask your boss or human resources supervisor. Much more hands-on and accessible.

Justworks review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"I love Justworks"

What do you like best?

We are a small firm with employees in multiple states, prior to Justworks it was not possible for us to offer benefits to our employees. Now we have "big company" benefits to offer our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like, for us getting started on payroll with one of the required states was challenging due to their compliance requirements but we worked through it very quickly with help from Justworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees in multiple states and are not large you should consider Justworks.

Better benefits is the primary driver for us. Payroll and compliance reporting are also great. No other firm could provide us both at anything remotely affordable for a start up.

Justworks review by Adrian R.
Adrian R.

"A Real Business Differentiator & Advantage"

What do you like best?

This solution as an integrated SaaS based HR automation and professional employer organization just simply worked as advertised. We migrated from Gusto, which was a good platform but not a PEO, in order to get the employee benefits economies of scale. We are coming up on one year of being on the platform and I am simply and completely satisfied. We baked off against Insperity & some other industry-specific [we are an IT consultancy that works with the federal govt] solutions and JustWorks came out on top...and has stayed there.

What do you dislike?

"Dislike" is too strong but a "nice to have" would be a better means of collecting signatures and acknowledgements of documents that we have to circulate across the company [HR-related stuff, employee handbook acknowledgments, etc.].

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ramp up is a ton of work but unavoidable. They do a good job with working with you thru the migration [in our experience].

We now offer one of the best benefits packages as compared to most companies in our industry [in terms of offerings and costs]

Justworks review by Gideon M.
Gideon M.

"Justworks - better than you hoped Payroll/HR Support could be"

What do you like best?

Streamlined, intuitive, allows employees to self-serve, great support, competitive pricing

What do you dislike?

Customer support from some third party benefits providers has been underwhelming (eg; WageWorks, BenefitWallet)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Justworks is superior to our previous payroll provider in every way. The offering is similar (payroll, healthcare, 401k, HR support) - in fact, I haven't come across a feature/benefit offered by Paychex that Justworks didn't match/exceed. However, the overall experience is vastly improved.

Painfully on the nose, but it just works. It does everything it's supposed to do, effortlessly.

When you tire of:

- chasing payroll because they've made yet another error

- waiting for an outdated website to load

- navigating a sea of useless reports for the one that addresses your need

- your team paying more for worse health coverage

- paying more for less

Look them up.

One stop solution for payroll, benefits and HR.

- Vastly improved user experience for employees and admins

- Eliminated payroll errors

- Reduced turnaround time on payroll/benefit/HR queries

- Improved team visibility (shared leave calendar)

- Reduced cost, improved health benefits

- Reduced payroll company cost

Justworks review by Administrator

"Great Tool for Growing Company"

What do you like best?

I love Justworks UI and interface. It's a very easy and user friendly site for me to get the information I need. The detailed reporting of payroll by employee is so useful and helpful.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that it does not support international employees. This is a big ask and investment for Justworks, but having that would be incredible valuable.

There are still some limitations of Employee Information. Ie, I'd like to add Product Line in Employee Information (which is different than Department). If we can make this customizable based on the organization's structure, that would be great. Otherwise, I've been really happy so far.

State Remittances and Filings would be the biggest benefit for us. Those things can get tricky and having someone else manage us to we can focus on more important things is extremely important for us.

Justworks review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Great Evolving platform with room to grow. Excellent Customer service"

What do you like best?

Responsive team in many ways (phone, chat, slack 24/7). Easy to use platform, very intuitive for employees in self-service.

What do you dislike?

Lack of HR reporting that should already be in place. Very manual payroll for monthly allowances which can cause human error. Again, another function that should be in place before offering the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a full suite of reporting/payroll -- they aren't there yet. If you are looking for an intuitive platform with a customer service team and response to comments, complaints and suggestions actively -- this is it! Great for a small to mid-sized company.

PTO management, and cheaper benefits due to PEO group rates. This has allowed us to contribute more into health insurance. It has also kept our PTO accurals accurate.

Justworks review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Great Initial Offering, Poor Follow-Through"

What do you like best?

The company has a strong and intuitive interface, and has been able to negotiate strong pricing for benefits offerings.

What do you dislike?

The initial onboarding experience was problematic, and the service level went down from there. We had several unique needs that were fully disclosed from our side from the beginning, and yet JustWorks acted surprised by these items once we were up and running. The ongoing service level for a growth-stage company trying to manage cashflow challenges was also poor. Would only recommend for established companies that are mostly self-sufficient and just need slight process improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only consider using this product if you are running a fully mature business that does not require flexibility or a strong partnership. Avoid if a startup or early growth-stage company.

Lower-cost benefits solutions, HR compliance.

Justworks review by Jessica O.
Jessica O.

"JustWorks makes my job seamless! "

What do you like best?

Where do I even start? We switched from another PEO to JustWorks August of 2017 and it's the best decision I could have made for my company. I had reservations in the beginning because let's face it, no one wants to switch insurance carries mid year, but my account manager insured the entire process would be thoroughly explained and wouldn't skip a beat and she was right. Once we decided to make the move, JustWorks got on a conference call with my entire team and addressed every question or concern they had about switching insurance companies, putting every reservation at ease. Their platform is fool proof for even the non-technical folks and everything you need whether it's 401k reports, benefits usage, PTO or a census is instantly generated. They even have a calendar on the first page to keep track of everyone's anniversaries and birthdays! My biggest rave about JustWorks is hands down their customer service and responsiveness. Every question I have ever had, sometimes 5 a day, have been addressed either by my Account Manager or someone else who has worked just as hard and is just as knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Because JustWorks is so new, there are still a few things they need to build out. I too work for a technology company so I know that it isn't necessary to build specific things to cater to just one client. We accrue our PTO and max out at 96 hours a year. As you take PTO, you get it back month after month and unfortunately, JustWorks has no way to track that. I currently keep a spreadsheet but often have no idea how many days people have taken off or accrued.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with their platform and get an idea on just how easy everything is to access.

With our previous PEO, nothing was integrated and they used third parties for everything. Need to access a report? Opens another tab. So pretty frequently, things didn't work and when you called there was nothing they could do because it wasn't their software. JustWorks platform is by far the easiest and most comprehensive that I have used. It keeps track of every change made to each employee and gives me access to everything that I need. There are too many benefits of JustWorks to list!

Justworks review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Finally, a smart PEO product!"

What do you like best?

Everything. The functionality is user friendly for both Admins and Employees. The Customer Service is top notch - our Account Manager is super knowledgeable and always works with us to find a solution to our biggest challenges. The reporting feature is also really great.

What do you dislike?

I think two areas for improvement are: (1) advanced reporting options, such as having the ability to pull a report on salary or job history with the effective dates; (2) having the ability to customize Admin access, for example: if you want to give access to an Admin to view only specific Departments/Employee information. Although I know Justworks is constantly adding new features & there are likely on the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend Justworks for anyone who has little or no HR/payroll/benefits experience, to the experienced HR professional. This platform will make both your employees & your life easier!

Justworks makes our overall payroll process faster & more efficient. The PTO tracking has also been great for managers to manage their team's time off. The new EEO compliance piece is also very beneficial for keeping tabs on our diversity metrics - something we hadn't been able to measure in the past.

Justworks review by Administrator

"Justworks is a life-saver for small business admins"

What do you like best?

Justworks has an easy to use, easy to understand platform for both admins and employees. I love that everyone knows where to access their benefits and tax info, and can request and look up their vacation time on their own. I also love that there are support people from Justworks standing by to answer questions from employees that I can't answer. And, my Justworks rep is very quick and helpful in answering any questions I have. The blog is also really helpful for answering broader questions or helping us make things like the employee manual. I also appreciate that they keep me up to date on all compliance issues and legal updates that will affect my organization.

What do you dislike?

I wish the health insurance premiums were a bit less expensive - I would have thought such a large company would be able to get better rates. Also worth noting that not everyone understands what a PEO is, so it took a bit of explaining for our auditor to understand how Justworks works. That being said, our Justworks rep was very responsive throughout the process and helped us get all the documentation we needed to get through the audit process.

We are a small organization and processing payroll and benefits was a lot for one person to handle. Justworks made it very easy and put it all in one place. As a result I've been able to grow in my role and focus on other things.

Justworks review by Tushar D.
Tushar D.

"Justworks is Simple and effective and GV Semiconductor is pleased with its service."

What do you like best?

The portal is very good. On-boarding is very easy and managing employees is very seamless. We can literally on-board within a day without any need to call or communicate with any other person. Taxes are easy. We had great insurance options from the PEO and the pricing is very reasonable. We could also have different tier benefits payments for founders and others, which always helps.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't have anything I dislike. Easy porting into Quickbooks will help. I need to implement the Quickbooks integration so that my accountant does not have to go through the .csv download to do the book-keeping. I haven't been bombarded with a lot of information, but it will be good if Justworks account manager can ping us once in a while and introduce new features like mobile, API integration etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully endorse the product as we are users of it and have been happy so far.

We got payroll and benefits through Justworks. Although well understood, not make companies do payroll well. If they do, it is very expensive. Justworks is effective and reasonable. We compared it with ADP, Paychex and Trinet and chose Justworks. We spend very little time managing payroll and benefits compared to ADP. I as administrator don't need to verify and validate stuff prior to every payroll period. So far in the past 5 months there has been no error or mistake.

Justworks review by Administrator

"Great customer service from sales through account management"

What do you like best?

Justworks has excellent customer service. The sales person assigned to me really helped me understand the world of HR, payroll, and health insurance (to which I was brand new.) His honesty, resourcefulness, and helpfulness are the sole reasons I chose Justworks over their competitors. My account manager has been just as amazing. She is easy to get hold of and always able to help me with anything I need.

What do you dislike?

The health insurance options can be somewhat limited and costly. I would love more options and better prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I approached both Trinet and Justworks. I really didnt like that Trinet would only provide me a quote if I could tell them what I was currently paying and what other quotes I was receiving so they could undercut the competition. I think that is sleazy. I liked that Justworks employees were honest, upfront, and knowledgeable.

All payroll, health insurance benefits, vendor payments, end of year tax reporting, and I'm sure more.

Justworks review by Jaclyn  T.
Jaclyn T.

"New Effective PEO for our organization"

What do you like best?

User interface is great! Employees find this easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

Lacking critical reporting for our organization (payroll, HR, PTO accrual), as well as reoccurring allowance payments for payroll. Makes for extra work and room for human error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a user-friendly efficient platform for your payroll/benefits/HR administration -- I would suggest Justworks as a small to mid-size company. The ease of use is out of this world, and the time it takes for customer service issues is very impressive.

Benefit administration has become simplified, and more affordable switching to Justworks and the savings has allowed us to contribute more to health insurance to make it affordable.

Justworks review by User

"It's been a great HR resource!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for us to use at work. It makes it very simple for me as a manager to track my employees' hours and time off, and it streamlines payments so that I know exactly what I am getting and when. It has simplified the HR side of our company! Easy to log in and very user-friendly to coordinate my insurance and all logistical information surrounding my work.

What do you dislike?

Honestly from my side, there hasn't been anything especially difficult that I've combatted yet. It's been simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, being on the side where I am receiving rather than using JustWorks as much for my team, I cannot say form experience issues that I have needed to overcome. Everything has been very simple so far for me to track and keep in my control.

As a small, fast-growing company, we don't have a traditional HR department. JustWorks has made it easy for us to have one person spear-heading the HR department through the ease of use that comes along with JustWorks.

Justworks review by Curt C.
Curt C.

"Best PEO"

What do you like best?

Justworks provides excellent 24/7 US-based support. You can always get someone and they help to resolve any issues or walk you through any processes over the telephone. Invaluable versus chat rooms or overseas help desks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. If anything I would like to be able to track/approve outside contractor hours and process through the system like hourly employees and issue a 1099. They were very receptive to the concept and are escalating.

We have limited resources and headcount and Justworks handles all of the payroll tax filings and HR onboarding and administration.

Justworks review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Justworks is awesome"

What do you like best?

Our company signed up with Justworks after leaving ADP TotalSource due to what we consider fraudulent business activities. We were wary of signing on with another PEO but Justworks has been a dream to work with! Their pricing is totally transparent, something we did not find when considering other PEOs.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything much. Maybe that I can't customize our Quickbooks integrations more but that's such a minor problem it doesn't even really count.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and sign up for the annual package, you won't regret your decision to go with them. Take advantage of the Slack channels they have set up as it is the easiest way to get in touch with someone to answer your questions.

Justworks has provided us access to much better health insurance than we can get on our own. Their pricing is transparent and they are always easy to get in touch with if you have questions.

Justworks review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"I can sleep better now"

What do you like best?

I was able to offload all my HR work over to Justworks and focus just on my business. The sales process also showed me that I can lower my costs on top of saving money. It was a great find.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that some of the benefit payments are deducted from my employees' paychecks once a month where they get twice a month which creates an unequal payment for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the benefits program as well. Very helpful.

My employees are in very different states. It was a pain to comply with all state's details. This helped me to avoid penalties and feel confident that I will not be hitting a deadline, missing a payment or spending hours trying to onboard a new employee.

Justworks review by Tamara L.
Tamara L.

"Best solution for small companies"

What do you like best?

There is no question that Justworks is the most user friendly payroll platform I've used (and I've worked on plenty). The support is quick to respond, the communication is informative, and the platform is great, both from and admin and employee standpoint.

What do you dislike?

Justworks is still a new company and they are working on building all the functions. I've given them some feedback and seen them rollout new concepts regularly.

One platform to handle payroll, PTO, benefits, and employee management.

Justworks review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Superior platform & customer service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - intuitively designed platform which integrates and streamlines most HR functions into one place, and ensures we stay compliant with all relevant federal & state employment laws. Our account rep is responsive and exceptionally helpful, always going the extra mile to make sure any question is answered fully.

What do you dislike?

I currently can't think of anything! Very happy with the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy, intuitive and the customer support is excellent.

Reducing/eliminating human error in calculating payroll and staying compliant

Being able to offer better benefits to our employees that would be otherwise unavailable to a small business

Having a simple and centralized platform for both the business and its employees to access important documents, see payroll and PTO, etc.

Justworks review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Simplified our life"

What do you like best?

We are a small software company with less than 15 US employees. Before Justworks we had to manage relationships with payroll provider, benefits broker, the health, dental, vision providers, 401K provider, workers comp insurance and more. Without a dedicated HR person the annual reviews and paperwork was killing us.

What do you dislike?

The transition of the 401K took a long time and was more cumbersome than I hoped but that is the nature of the beast.

Given our size we wanted to free up resources to focus on our core business - not dealing with payroll and benefits.

Justworks review by James W.
James W.

"Responsive Customer Service and Easy to Use Portal"

What do you like best?

The best part is the responsiveness. Whenever I have an issue our rep responds immediately, or I hear from another rep who is prepared to cover the issue. The fact that they booted ubiquity when they received notice of its poor customer service.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes. More often than not, my issues stem from employees not fully exploring the site themselves and having questions that Justworks is prepared to answer for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Justworks is efficient, responsive, scalable, and will work hard to advocate for its customers. With everything from 3rd party insurance benefits advocates to switching their 401k integration when customer service is lacking.

Streamlines HR benefits administration and great resource for our employees.

Justworks review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Justworks - an amazing resource with an amazing team"

What do you like best?

Three things:

1. Amazing support. Our account manager is super responsive (by email usually within an hour), and when he's unavailable, another person on staff automatically responds.

2. System that "just works". Onboarding, I9s, payroll, payments, vacation submissions. I haven't run into a bug yet, and they continue to roll out new features regularly.

3. Great looking interface. We moved from Intuit, which looks likes it was created in 2002. Justworks looks professional and is intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that are missing (right now, double-approval payments), but nothing that's absolutely critical.

It would be very difficult for our company to function as efficiently from an admin perspective without Justworks. Made everything so much easier!

Justworks review by Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.

"Fantastic, from the very start."

What do you like best?

The platform is so easy to navigate, and on the occasion that I have questions, I always have a quick response, even if it's to let me know they're working on the matter. There's such relief and peace of mind in working with Justworks.

What do you dislike?

We've sometimes struggled with the delay in payroll funding to payday. It's mostly been a challenge with some new employees and their start dates, but also in timing of funding from investors as a small, lean startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Myself and our executive team have been blown away by the ease, transparency, and service from Justworks. I can't imagine a situation where someone would explore JW as an option and then not select their services.

Justworks solves our payroll services and benefits needs. I think the biggest benefit, as someone not previously working in a HR capacity, has been the support from Justworks - from our various representatives to whomever I spoke with via live chat.

Justworks review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Great HR, Benefits and Payroll solution for small business with a distributed team"

What do you like best?

We are a small business with team members all over the US and Justworks handles this situation very well for us.Also, the price is very competitive when compared to other vendors. The online platform is very easy to use from an administrator and employee point of view. They have been rolling out new features and announced them periodically. They seem to be very technology-driven and embrace new features requests from their customers. All in all we're very happy with them!

What do you dislike?

Live chat on their website is a bit spotty. At times it seems unattended or too busy so that we had to call or email instead of getting live support. However, all their support folks were always very helpful when we reached out to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial version - a great way to try out the platform and their service. Ask them to help you set up the initial account, load your employees and get health insurance, etc. set up. All in all it was a pretty easy and quick process. Also, ask them about their referral program - they might offer additional discounts or incentives.

We have a remote team all over the US and Justworks provides us with a full-scale payroll, benefits and HR solution for a small business without their own HR department. They take care of all payroll checks and tax calculations in multiple states and ensure compliance within each state.

Justworks review by Brianna M.
Brianna M.

"Justworks Makes My Company Possible. "

What do you like best?

We started with Justworks when we made our first hire. For any founder that is a terribly stressful time and you don't want to make any mistakes that could jeopardize your company. Using Justworks was one of the best decisions I've ever made as a business owner. They were incredibly quick and helpful during the on-boarding process, they explained the details of employment law and practice. Our account manager goes out of her way to help us whenever we have questions. Every email gets a response in under 15 minutes! As we continue to grow Justworks has been there to make sure we have our insurance and compliance bases covered.

Even more than the software, which is beautiful and very easy to learn/use, there is a sense using Justworks that they are actually invested in the success of LoftOpera. We've met with their product team to suggest new features and then saw those features implemented!

We manage over 150 contractors through the platform and would be totally lost in 1099 and workers comp madness without Justworks.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about Justworks! There simply isn't anything!

We manage our healthcare benefits and payroll through Justworks. We've realized it's incredibly convenient to see the calendar on the dashboard which helps us manage our cashflow. We also really like the email updates for various parts of the payroll process, the emails keep my team in the loop about expenses and make sure we all know what our HR costs are.

Justworks review by Adair B.
Adair B.

"Great service! A little pricey but worth it."

What do you like best?

I can always get someone on the phone quickly. When I needed proof of workers comp insurance, I called and had a certificate 20 minutes later. Whether it was questions about PTO, state filing requirements, or vendors, a real person at JustWorks always picked up the phone and, if they didn't have the answer, got back to me quickly. The one time I didn't get an answer the same day, the customer service person emailed me to let me know she was still working on it.

What do you dislike?

The prices are steep for a small nonprofit organization. We are a small, start-up nonprofit on a shoestring budget. We have 4 employees, which puts us at the highest rate/employee, but two of our staff are only part-time, so for the first quarter of this year, JustWorks fees were over 3% of our total expenditures. Because this is overhead and not program expenses, it can also mean grants won't cover this expense. But we've decided it was worth it. We know other organizations that went with cheaper options and eventually ended up with JustWorks because they made everything so easy. Our time is also valuable, and JustWorks saves us headaches and time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support and ease of use is amazing. It's worth it.

Having employees come with a number of compliance issues, both state and federal. JustWorks are experts on this and handle all of our filing and record keeping. Having confidence that these issues are handled correctly and that I can get any questions I have answered quickly frees me up to spend my energy on our mission.

Justworks review by Jeremiah S.
Jeremiah S.

"I've already suggested JustWorks to several startup friends!"

What do you like best?

I like how they completely handle all of the important HR stuff we need to handle as a growing company, but don't have the personnel for at our size.

What do you dislike?

The cost per employee seems expensive, but the value they deliver makes it worth it.

We've been able to grow and scale without the friction of handling most of the HR related items.

Justworks review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"HR, Payroll, Benefits in one place"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all my company's payroll, HR, benefits, time-off, etc. all within one platform and at a reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

Health care benefits are limited to Aetna, would be nice if JustWorks diversified to other options. Also, more HR management tools would be useful.

The PEO solution is a great model for a small business. We were with another PEO before switching to JustWorks, and achieved considerable cost savings as well as much better ease of use

Justworks review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Mungo Creative Group Justworks Review"

What do you like best?

Automation, customer service, ease of use of the website.

What do you dislike?

A bit of the red tape that comes with working under a PEO, but thats understandble. Sometimes its just hard for a small biz to meet all the requirements all the time!

Insurance. Specifically trying to get better coverage as a small business, Justworks allows us access to larger health plans. And also compliance. We are, even if it is sometimes frustrating, always compliant running payroll through Justworks!

Justworks review by Administrator

"Justworks is the BEST PEO"

What do you like best?

Web portal is easy to use, excellent customer service and on boarding process, AND benefits selection is very broad and comprehensive. Setup is easy and fast with each person doing their own data entry. I9 handing was better than ADP.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much by way of dislikes. The one thing, not Justworks fault, is that we all had HSA accounts with this vendor that were closed in a past relationship and had to be reopened. That process was clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give this product a try. Just a tour through the administration console convinced me that the software was worth investigating. From sales through my on-boarding experience and now into daily use i couldn't be happier with the people. I get one stop shopping here - no need to look up the right department for each new question.

We use Justworks for payroll, HR, and benefits. Moving to Justworks from ADP has saved me about three hours a week in paperwork and resolving problems with various state agencies confused by the PEO relationship.

Justworks review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Spectacular HR Platform "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate the platform. I can find all invoices for payroll all in one place. Super convenient.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there was an app for this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely! Not only does Justworks have a great HR platform but we get special perks by being a member. Discounted gym memberships and a membership to OneMedical.

We had a terrible platform that was outdated and confusing. Justworks allows us to offer a clean and easy to use a platform to our employees. The switch from one platform to Justworks was made easy through the help of the lovely staff.

Justworks review by Gershon G.
Gershon G.

"Great solution for a start-up HR"

What do you like best?

The best part about this service is Artna health insurance

What do you dislike?

The insurance premium calculation is really convoluted

To be a compelling company to work for, a start-up needs to provide a package of benefits on par with bigger companies. This is something that small company can never do unless they work with PSO solution such as JW

Justworks review by Jay R.
Jay R.

"Works like a charm"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. I am in the process of setting up systems for everything in our office and justworks has made that easy. Before we had multiple providers with difficult to navigate forms and website and now we can do everything in one location

What do you dislike?

The need for a single annual fee for your seats up front. When switching, it precluded us from jumping on faster. Plus we are now budgeting for the renew, which is a big number to hit all at once. But with a weekly set aside, we will have the funds available easily.

We wanted to allow multiple remote employees and offer benefits - that was impossible beforehand with all the compliance issues. Justworks helped us with that and we have added 2 remote workers since January when we started. The sky is the limit.

Justworks review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"Worth it. "

What do you like best?

Justworks made the process very painless for us to transition from a fragmented manual HR system to their platform. We were expertly guided by our account rep and their team throughout the entire process. Their platform and interface is very easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Choosing healthcare plans is probably the most difficult and lengthy part of the process for the client. This is not a reflection on Justworks, but something to keep in mind going into the process.

We consolidated payroll, healthcare benefits, and commuter benefits into one platform. We were also able to offer vision and dental to our employees, in addition to gym membership perks.

Justworks review by Monique L.
Monique L.

"Recommended "

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface. Lots of power and options at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Being approved for an account took awhile for us but luckily we had 2 months to spare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did months of research and talked to companies including but not limited to Paychex and Gusto. Justworks came out on top as the best fit for us currently with a small team who work remotely.

We originally used Quickbooks for payroll but if we wanted to offer employees benefits then we would have to go through another company. Also we paid contractors and owners outside of Quickbooks. With Justworks, we offer employees an array of benefits, pay owners, pay contractors, have workers' comp insurance, use the included HR and compliance tools, have easy on boarding of new people, get all types of reminders such as birthday reminders... Very satisfied.

Justworks review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Justworks makes HR easy"

What do you like best?

Justworks makes HR and Payroll easy. Once the initial setup is done, most of the process runs automatically. They also provide great access to the benefits my employees want.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They seem to provide everything that I need.

As a small startup company, it was very costly to provide my employees with access to great healthcare. I tried going to health care brokers and their rates were all exorbitant. I was about to give up and pay the higher price until someone recommended that I try Justworks. They quickly provided me with quotes that were half of what I had received before and offered a better plan than the other ones I had looked at. My employyes were all happy with the options they were provided.

Justworks review by Antionette C.
Antionette C.

"Focusing on the Mission"

What do you like best?

JustWorks has saved us a significant amount of time that has allowed us to spend more time on our mission than non-stop administrative needs. I highly recommend this nearly all in one program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. We had some initial questions but customer service has been great.

Benefit management, payroll, consultant/vendor management

Justworks review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"So far so Good!"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the platform, from paying vendors and contracts to issuing reimbursements in a timely fashion. Having this type of control over payroll and staff has been amazing. I also appreciate the fact that it controls PTO days.

What do you dislike?

The one part that I didn't particularly care for is having a new account manager for each step. I was switched to 4 different sales/account managers before we finalized the step phase. Reiterating questions to each account manager became a bit tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a questions, contact them. They are very helpful.

Paying vendors and staff in one place has been easy and saves so much time. Having payroll reports. Monitoring PTO. Processing 1099's and w-2 automatically is amazing as well.

Learn more about Justworks

Justworks Videos

Learning about Justworks?

* We monitor all Justworks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7