Justworks Reviews & Product Details

What is Justworks?

Big or small, all teams deserve the best. Justworks is leveling the playing field with its simple, all-in-one platform for payroll, benefits, compliance support, and HR tools. We handle the nitty gritty so you can focus on what matters: building your business and creating a great place to to work.

Justworks Screenshots

1-25 of 128 total Justworks reviews

Justworks Reviews

1-25 of 128 total Justworks reviews
President

"I'm so thankful for Justworks"

What do you like best?

We have saved a tremendous amount of money on health insurance and they are incredibly modern and inspiringly easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

I'm not in love with their "medical bill saver" partner but I know they are always looking to improve. They were very responsive and communicative when I emailed them about how they could make an improvement in this area. A couple people emailed me and someone even called me and we discussed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are so easy to work with. I feel like they are on the cutting edge. If you have questions, call them. It's mind-blowing how a REAL person that talks like a REAL person just picks up the phone and talks to you.

It's NOT some scripted overly sweet person who doesn't know everything

and it's NOT a phone tree

and it's NOT someone that knows nothing.

I know that I'm talking to a real human and they are able to log into my account and provide real info.

I was in a bad situation with super high health insurance costs AND lots of medical bills in addition to my high monthly cost for health insurance.

I worked really hard to find a solution - payroll companies, health insurance brokers & companies, and PEOs.

I was stupified when I saw the health insurance costs on Justworks. I just couldn't believe how good their plans were. It has saved us thousands of dollars per year and me personally over $10K per year in health insurance and medical bill costs.

I am so thankful that Justworks is out there and I hope hope hope that they can stay as awesome as they are.

Vice President of Sales

"Great Software for Attendance Tracking and Other HR Functionality"

What do you like best?

Justworks is perfect for managing HR needs for small to medium sized companies. I use it everyday to update my attendance for my team and make sure that all vacation hours are successfully requested and logged in our system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that once something is submitted and accepted in the system for Justworks, it's not easy to edit that initial submission. This is really the only problem that I've come across in my time using Justworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using Justworks for any HR needs. We've implemented it in just a short time to track our time for our employees along with track paystubs. I would highly recommend to any small/medium sized company because Justworks is easy-to-use and easy to implement.

I am solving the problem of keeping track of time-off requests along with tracking days worked over a monthly and annual basis for all of my employees.

Manager, Administrative Services

"Who Knew...??"

What do you like best?

...that a PEO could offer so many benefits to our company? But Justworks enlightened me. We now offer a richer benefit program at less cost to our employees and a very user friendly employee interface for payroll and benefits information. What has impressed me the most though is the Justworks team. Knowledgeable, accessible, and helpful every single step of the way from the initial inquiry to the current handling of day-to-day issues. Justworks also listens to input from their users for continued improvement to the platform. Now, that is the kind of partner you want when running a business!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really "dislike". I do think improvements could be made in areas of PTO tracking, individual state withholding and reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

We are realizing a huge savings in benefit costs which is key for a growing company. We are able to report time and onboard employees electronically. Knowing we have a source for up-to-date HR information and solutions is very comforting. Also trying out one of their HR tools which has been a huge help in updating our Employee Manual. Good stuff!

Co-Founder/COO
Entertainment

"Lacking Tools"

What do you like best?

Pricing is better than other PEO's, the user interface is also nicer than most others I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

Despite billing themselves as one of the most tech forward PEO's, Justworks is lacking when it comes to actual functionality. For example, employees can't really e-sign any of the compliance documents you might expect like an employee handbook, so you will need to distribute hard copies or get them docusigned. Same goes with CA sick leave acknowledgements which you will be required to fill out by hand. Payroll needs to come out and be run a full 4 business days in advance as well.

The on-boarding process is not very straightforward and you can feel left to fend for yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know that if you're currently with an ADP or someone like that, their feature set will be much richer.

They seem to be doing the exact same thing as any other PEO but maybe with less features and benefits.

VP, People

"Cuts down on administrative burden!"

What do you like best?

I love that new employees can self-service all onboarding needs ahead of their start date if they'd like. They can pick all of their benefits online and if they have issues with their taxes, they can directly work with Justworks to fix them. The employee database is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The employer experience truly is reliant on your partner at Justworks. I've worked with Justworks at two organizations and had night-and-day experiences. At my last organization, I parted ways with them but currently, I couldn't be happier. I don't love the I9 experience; it's clunky and requires that we answer each section even if there is no answer.

We're not having to get in the weeds with payroll processing, filing taxes, the need for most benefits administration is much easier. Open enrollment is a breeze now.

"Perfect HR In One URL"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is amazing. Despite (or perhaps because of) being a computer scientist, I have zero patience for non-intuitive interfaces. Of all the online tools I use for business and for personal matters, none has a simpler, more obvious interface than Justworks.

What do you dislike?

G2 is insisting that I use at least 40 characters to explain what I dislike about Justworks. That is very difficult to do because there is nothing I dislike. It is perfect.

Until you are a large enough operation where it makes sense to have a full-time HR/Payroll/Compliance person, it would be crazy to not use Justworks. They take care of payroll, compliance, record keeping, tax filings, medical/dental/vision benefits, vacation days, sick days, and lots of other little things. Looking up stuff is a breeze. I don't have to do anything! Even if you are a significantly large business than we are, it would make sense to use Justworks.

"Tomer's Review of Justworks"

What do you like best?

Excellent Customer Service Celia Stein is terrific. She always gets back to us quickly and answers our questions thoroughly with great information. I like the user interface as it is easy to navigate and and manager the companies employees. I really like that Justworks takes care of all of the tax compliance especially when we have employees across the entire country. This is a tremendous help for a small company. I like that Justworks recently brought on HR consultants to help answer more HR related items and issues as they arise. We have used this resource to answer questions about visas and other types of employment documents.

What do you dislike?

Wish the platform had more ATS for onboarding and recruiting. Would be great to have something that would help with recruiting and the entire process from sourcing all the way through onboarding and the HR benefits management component to the system. I dislike the 401K offering with Slavic. There are many better platforms that have lower rates. Unfortunately, I was froced to outsource our 401K. I wish there was more advanced reporting and analytics

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

Justworks is our entire back office management system for Human resources. We use it to onboard emplolyees, administer health benefits. It is great to have everything in one place. Its been a tremendous help as our company grows and scales. I think that Justworks could also benefit by building out different modules for ATS, Recruiting, etc.

E

"Good service needs more features"

What do you like best?

We enjoy having a dedicated account manager to help us. It has been great to work with a few folks over the past year who are quick to respond and also care about the problem we are running into. We had an acquisition this year and several "One-Off" issues and Justworks was able to help us get through a lot of the issues.

What do you dislike?

There are 0 integrations. The biggest hurdle our team runs into is the fact that there is no way to integrate our ATS or Performance Management tool or other tools. I will say when we go to review Justworks in November, this will play a HUGE role in whether or not we stick with the platform for another year or more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand there are not integrations

Payroll and Benefits administration are the two big things we are solving everyday with Justworks. I think it could be a bit better for hourly employees but its a fine process. Benefits selection is fairly straightforward, it all looks pretty and is seamless on the end users perspective.

HR Team Member

"Integrates good with 401K"

What do you like best?

JustWork has done a great job initial set up process for our employees. We switched insurance carriers lately, and it could all be done nicely and easy. The account manager answered to each one of our questions with transparency and even made some suggestions about rolling over deductibles. What’s great about this platform is that it offers great healthcare benefits at a fair price, that can even be affordable for small companies. It considers all the complexity and conditions of the healthcare insurance. In conclusion, Justworks does an outstanding job with our PTO policy and administration.

What do you dislike?

I think JustWork need to have more of 401k partners, this would give every company more options and a chance to pick the best price. An issue I found when reporting 401K, is that the reports presented every employee, regardless if they contributed or not, making difficult to add the contributions in separately. Also, I think JustWork needs to develop a mobile app to see all the relevant information on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JustWorks is perfect for a small companies or star-ups, because it provides every employee his competitive benefits. It eases up the work of the HR manager, while it automatically tracks all the important employee data. JustWorks sends reminders to the team that will keep them up to date with the most important communications.

JustWorks was implemented in the HR department, but it’s widely used across our entire company. We offer several benefits to our employees, such as healthcare plans, FSA , dental and vision coverage, and JustWorks takes care of all these benefits. In the end, Justwork file the taxes, integrates with 401K, keeps track of PTO, birthdays and all the relevant employee data. It’s great we can do that with a single platform.

HR Team Member

"Transparent platform with a trustable system"

What do you like best?

JustWorks is particularly good at document organization and access, so we can do these tasks quickly, and, sometimes, automatically. For example, the time taken for employee on-boarding has been dramatically reduced with the simple system provided by Justworks. It is so easy for the employees as well, as they only have to log-in and see directly the documents they are looking for (from pay stubs to healthcare insurance benefits) without having to wait for someone to reach out this information for them.

What do you dislike?

I think JustWorks needs a feature that offers a Cap and accrual. I say this because I think it could improve when tracking PTO. We give special recognition for the employees with additional PTO hours, but the JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JustWork offers many benefits, some of them even useful for large companies, for a fair price. Although, I think it’s best-suited for medium size companies, with enough requirements to take advantage of the platform but not that many so you get stuck with it. Good advice is to always be well-informed about your company’s needs, what your employees are asking for. This will save you a lot of money and time on free and paid trials.

Before JustWorks was implemented in my company, we spent a couple of months searching for an HR tool, and we decided this was the best option because it is an easy-to-use and completely transparent platform with a trustable HR Benefits and payroll system. We have already confirmed that JustWorks can meet our employees and their family’s needs, and that’s why we have 3 years subscribed to this platform.

"Pretty simple tool with room to grow"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of logging into one system with my: company directory, policies, important docs, internal calendar, and benefits packages listed. It is a lot easier than logging into custom portals with various different logins that you will find in large enterprises.

What do you dislike?

I think that customer service takes too long to respond to an email and that they don't actually understand how to help you. For example, I had an existing gym membership with a company that Justworks partners with and will throw $15/month towards as a perk. The catch being that you need to sign-up via their portal and through their locked-in price. I already had a lower price per month than what Justworks offerred and asked if they could still do the $15 credit. I never really got a valid response.

Also, I wish that the internal employee directory had a hierarchy view instead of just a large contact list of names. This would give a better view of department structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Figure out how complicated of an HR solution you need, how international is your employee base, and how much custom benefits both financial and cultural you need to have supported via a tool.

One-stop location for important: documents, policies, procedures, and limited internal staffing to deal with growing employee base both U.S. and abroad.

Finance Director
Internet

"Simple interface and valuable compliance management expertise"

What do you like best?

The primary value we derive from Justworks is compliance management for state regulations. From taxes to unemployment filings to compliance forms, Justworks handles it all. For a fully distributed team, this is a sanity-saver! The additional value we get in the form of benefit offerings + management and payroll processing is all bonus to the compliance aspect!

What do you dislike?

The response time on emails is longer than I would like. I find that I often have to follow-up a 2nd time to get a response. Also, they only support US employees. I would love to see that expanded to include Canada (and beyond).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have found Justworks to be the best option available right now for the needs of a company our size. They provide excellent value for the price we pay. We hope to see some improvements as they scale and grow, but overall we are pleased with the value they deliver.

As a fully distributed remote team, we rely heavily on Justworks to manage and direct us on all state-related compliance issues. We also use the product to handle all of our payroll, including employees and contractors. We utilize Justworks for employee expense reimbursements and for some benefit offerings.

AC

"Justworks is one of my favorite things about my job!"

What do you like best?

I love that I know I can always count on them. There has never been a time that we haven't been able to resolve a situation and I truly feel that my Account Manager and the rest of the team always have my back. I also really appreciate that they are honest when they make mistakes. It makes me feel like they are real humans and not just COGS in a machine. They make my job easier and I couldn't do it without them.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking software is not robust enough for our needs, as we need a true clock in and out software. I think they need to have a more built out leaves team to help with medical, parental etc. types of leave.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Justworks. They aren't perfect, but everything they are doing is moving them in the right direction. If you want a system that is easy to use for you and your employees + great customer service you can rely on, I would suggest moving to Justworks.

They help me streamline all of our People Ops needs--from payroll to benefits to vacation tracking. I am a one person admin for an org of 70 so being able to handle everything in one platform is essential.

"Justworks has been a breath of fresh air!"

What do you like best?

Probably what we like best about Justworks is that they saved us alot of money over ADP. We have cut our costs for payroll service and benefits in half.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say I disliked anything it's that they don't have a local office. I like the idea of being close, but my account manager has always been available to me via phone and email so it hasn't been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a chance. They are a new company compared to some of the others out there but I believe they are moving in the right direction.

The main business problem we've solved is minimizing our overhead. After our first year in business, we really needed to cut costs and we were spending entirely too much money with ADP for the same service. And on top of that, being a small company, ADP wasn't very helpful. We were a small fish in a big pond. Justworks makes us feel important as a client period.

"The best interface of any PEO - so much easier to work with"

What do you like best?

The portal and the customer service - both rock solid. Compared to others i love the automated payroll and the zero paper submissions needed to give raises, change compensation etc. Other systems are some cumbersome and I would have to call 90000 people to get the answer. The customer service is great. I love that I have the same person and she usually responds in a few hours. We got a payroll problem fixed late one night after hours too.

What do you dislike?

Some limited functionality of the admin/manager rights - can't delegate things to managers - like approving the I-9s - without giving them full access. More granular security controls would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More granular controls in the admin portal for delegation - keep adding more benefits/options

benefits and payroll and all the stuff that goes with it. We use it to give the employees benefits they couldt get otherwise, like commuter and health and class pass. They like the portal generally.

"Good for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Justworks provides a clean, attractive system to roll multiple functions into one place. It's ideal for small businesses that need HR, benefits, and payroll management all in one place (plus the added benefit of individual tax filing. The staff is wonderful, and really supportive.

What do you dislike?

There is some common-place functionality that is missing, such as the ability to have timecards for different rates assigned to an employee (they recently added back-end adjusted, but it's extra work for busy admins). I would also love a function that would allow you to see net paycheck amounts while scheduling a check. I would also love to see additional functionality such as end-of-year tax form preparation, more individualized HR support, and easy access to other support services (like finding a maintenance person on an ad hoc basis). There are companies that do all of these things and I would love to have them in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be vocal in your needs, they listen.

Administering all of our employee benefits and payroll has been really key for us.

"Justworks lets me breathe!"

What do you like best?

Justworks has a user-friendly interface that is easy for me to use, and is also easy for my staff to understand and keep up with. The fact that Justworks ensures I'm complying with all relevant laws and policies as an employer--plus calculating taxes and deductions, and issuing all the needed forms--is a huge relief to me both personally and professionally. I can focus on the work of my organization instead of worrying over complex details. I can breathe!

What do you dislike?

It's great that I can easily import Justworks transactions into my QuickBooks, but it's been a complex process to align my recordkeeping. But the benefits and ease of Justworks far, far outweigh any negatives I've experienced in the nearly three years I've been using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great value for the level of service, support, and resources.

Justworks is my go-to for HR information. Incredibly helpful resources as well as a highly effective product. Support is also prompt and highly responsive. I've really liked using Justworks, and it continues to exceed my expectations.

Support Ninja

"Much easier interface than ADP!"

What do you like best?

I love that the calendar displays the date you'll get paid so there's no confusion, and it also displays co-workers birthdays as well, which might sound like nothing, but at our old job we actually kept printed lists of birth dates so that we could celebrate (super old school.) Also, the sign up made setting up healthcare insurance a breeze, and the overall website interface is so much cleaner and easier to find everything. They are also great at sending you reminder emails, such as to enroll by a certain time or even to just let you know you've been paid!

What do you dislike?

No more routine every Friday paydays. The Justworks schedule is the 15th and last day of each month. As someone who was used to a biweekly pay schedule her entire life, it took a little bit of adjusting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a go! So far, I've experienced JustWorks, ADP and Paychex in the past and Justworks is the easiest one with the best usability in my opinion!

Our company switched from ADP to Justworks with this summer and this is a much better human resources solution that allows the employee to easily log in and check anything they need from pay stubs to insurance to pay dates, so that you no longer have to ask your boss or human resources supervisor. Much more hands-on and accessible.

Founder

"I love Justworks"

What do you like best?

We are a small firm with employees in multiple states, prior to Justworks it was not possible for us to offer benefits to our employees. Now we have "big company" benefits to offer our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like, for us getting started on payroll with one of the required states was challenging due to their compliance requirements but we worked through it very quickly with help from Justworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have employees in multiple states and are not large you should consider Justworks.

Better benefits is the primary driver for us. Payroll and compliance reporting are also great. No other firm could provide us both at anything remotely affordable for a start up.

"A Real Business Differentiator & Advantage"

What do you like best?

This solution as an integrated SaaS based HR automation and professional employer organization just simply worked as advertised. We migrated from Gusto, which was a good platform but not a PEO, in order to get the employee benefits economies of scale. We are coming up on one year of being on the platform and I am simply and completely satisfied. We baked off against Insperity & some other industry-specific [we are an IT consultancy that works with the federal govt] solutions and JustWorks came out on top...and has stayed there.

What do you dislike?

"Dislike" is too strong but a "nice to have" would be a better means of collecting signatures and acknowledgements of documents that we have to circulate across the company [HR-related stuff, employee handbook acknowledgments, etc.].

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ramp up is a ton of work but unavoidable. They do a good job with working with you thru the migration [in our experience].

We now offer one of the best benefits packages as compared to most companies in our industry [in terms of offerings and costs]

"Justworks - better than you hoped Payroll/HR Support could be"

What do you like best?

Streamlined, intuitive, allows employees to self-serve, great support, competitive pricing

What do you dislike?

Customer support from some third party benefits providers has been underwhelming (eg; WageWorks, BenefitWallet)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Justworks is superior to our previous payroll provider in every way. The offering is similar (payroll, healthcare, 401k, HR support) - in fact, I haven't come across a feature/benefit offered by Paychex that Justworks didn't match/exceed. However, the overall experience is vastly improved.

Painfully on the nose, but it just works. It does everything it's supposed to do, effortlessly.

When you tire of:

- chasing payroll because they've made yet another error

- waiting for an outdated website to load

- navigating a sea of useless reports for the one that addresses your need

- your team paying more for worse health coverage

- paying more for less

Look them up.

One stop solution for payroll, benefits and HR.

- Vastly improved user experience for employees and admins

- Eliminated payroll errors

- Reduced turnaround time on payroll/benefit/HR queries

- Improved team visibility (shared leave calendar)

- Reduced cost, improved health benefits

- Reduced payroll company cost

"Great Tool for Growing Company"

What do you like best?

I love Justworks UI and interface. It's a very easy and user friendly site for me to get the information I need. The detailed reporting of payroll by employee is so useful and helpful.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that it does not support international employees. This is a big ask and investment for Justworks, but having that would be incredible valuable.

There are still some limitations of Employee Information. Ie, I'd like to add Product Line in Employee Information (which is different than Department). If we can make this customizable based on the organization's structure, that would be great. Otherwise, I've been really happy so far.

State Remittances and Filings would be the biggest benefit for us. Those things can get tricky and having someone else manage us to we can focus on more important things is extremely important for us.

AH

"Great Evolving platform with room to grow. Excellent Customer service"

What do you like best?

Responsive team in many ways (phone, chat, slack 24/7). Easy to use platform, very intuitive for employees in self-service.

What do you dislike?

Lack of HR reporting that should already be in place. Very manual payroll for monthly allowances which can cause human error. Again, another function that should be in place before offering the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a full suite of reporting/payroll -- they aren't there yet. If you are looking for an intuitive platform with a customer service team and response to comments, complaints and suggestions actively -- this is it! Great for a small to mid-sized company.

PTO management, and cheaper benefits due to PEO group rates. This has allowed us to contribute more into health insurance. It has also kept our PTO accurals accurate.

Co Founder
Accounting

"Great Initial Offering, Poor Follow-Through"

What do you like best?

The company has a strong and intuitive interface, and has been able to negotiate strong pricing for benefits offerings.

What do you dislike?

The initial onboarding experience was problematic, and the service level went down from there. We had several unique needs that were fully disclosed from our side from the beginning, and yet JustWorks acted surprised by these items once we were up and running. The ongoing service level for a growth-stage company trying to manage cashflow challenges was also poor. Would only recommend for established companies that are mostly self-sufficient and just need slight process improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only consider using this product if you are running a fully mature business that does not require flexibility or a strong partnership. Avoid if a startup or early growth-stage company.

Lower-cost benefits solutions, HR compliance.

Manager of Human Capital

"JustWorks makes my job seamless! "

What do you like best?

Where do I even start? We switched from another PEO to JustWorks August of 2017 and it's the best decision I could have made for my company. I had reservations in the beginning because let's face it, no one wants to switch insurance carries mid year, but my account manager insured the entire process would be thoroughly explained and wouldn't skip a beat and she was right. Once we decided to make the move, JustWorks got on a conference call with my entire team and addressed every question or concern they had about switching insurance companies, putting every reservation at ease. Their platform is fool proof for even the non-technical folks and everything you need whether it's 401k reports, benefits usage, PTO or a census is instantly generated. They even have a calendar on the first page to keep track of everyone's anniversaries and birthdays! My biggest rave about JustWorks is hands down their customer service and responsiveness. Every question I have ever had, sometimes 5 a day, have been addressed either by my Account Manager or someone else who has worked just as hard and is just as knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Because JustWorks is so new, there are still a few things they need to build out. I too work for a technology company so I know that it isn't necessary to build specific things to cater to just one client. We accrue our PTO and max out at 96 hours a year. As you take PTO, you get it back month after month and unfortunately, JustWorks has no way to track that. I currently keep a spreadsheet but often have no idea how many days people have taken off or accrued.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around with their platform and get an idea on just how easy everything is to access.

With our previous PEO, nothing was integrated and they used third parties for everything. Need to access a report? Opens another tab. So pretty frequently, things didn't work and when you called there was nothing they could do because it wasn't their software. JustWorks platform is by far the easiest and most comprehensive that I have used. It keeps track of every change made to each employee and gives me access to everything that I need. There are too many benefits of JustWorks to list!

Justworks Features

9.1
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Core HR Category
Do you work for Justworks?