Paylocity

Paylocity

Paylocity’s comprehensive product suite delivers a unified platform for professionals to make strategic decisions in the areas of benefits, core HR, payroll, talent, and workforce management, while cultivating a modern workplace and improving employee engagement.

Work for Paylocity?

Learning about Paylocity?

Paylocity Reviews

Ask Paylocity a Question
Showing 830 Paylocity reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paylocity
Lindsay B.

"Easy to use and fairly good value"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has a fairly decent customer service staff, so if you are ever having issues with the software or even have questions on when paychecks might come out in relation to a holiday, they are usually readily available. I also like that you can preview your check totals.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be difficult to navigate the pay entry screens. When I first started using it, I would have to double and triple check my numbers and the way things were entered to make sure I was paying folks the appropriate amount. Another awkward thing, is that you can enter in pay formats a couple of different ways. Sometimes I can see what someone's base salary is per paycheck but then it also has an hourly rate. I feel like if you really took the time to navigate those pages, though, that it would not be much of an issue at all.

Another thing is that your account manager changes all the time. So you don't have one person tied to you at all times. People move around a lot there, so it gets to be kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd say if you have a small staff, this is a great product to use.

We have a small staff, so Paylocity is pretty perfect for our needs. We don't need a lot of bells and whistles. It is nice to be able to track sick time, vacation time, holiday pay, birthdays, and other one-off exceptions.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Mary Grace S.

"Does Its Job"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is the mobile app. I like that interface significantly more than the website. It was also very easy to see the deductions and taxes from my paycheck.

What do you dislike?

It was pretty difficult to find the same thing twice when using the webpage. The tiles on the dashboard were theoretically helpful, but it was hard to remember exactly which links took me where - I wish I would have been able to create my own dash.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's fairly difficult to maneuver inside if you use it for everything our HR does. We got to our max with this program and are switching from it this summer. I think we got too big for it or maybe too complicated.

The benefits were to have one location where most of our HR information lived. It was meant to simplify and streamline the communication between HR and our employee base.

Chris S.

"Great Product with Excellent Customer Service and Customization to Fit Your Specific Needs"

What do you like best?

The implementation team is fantastic from start to finish. They have experts in every area that can help you figure out solutions to fit your needs. I have no doubt that they can help you transition from whatever software you are currently using to Paylocity with ease and clarity.

See benefits realized below for all of the other things I love about this software!

What do you dislike?

Some people may not love the extra time it takes right before and during the implementation, but, you get out what you put in. If you do the bare minimum when they are trying to prepare the software for you, you will still get a great product. But if you tell them all about your needs and the struggles with the processes you currently have, they will work diligently to help you overcome those and make your life easier whether it is in the Payroll, HR, or Accounting department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to figure out what exactly you want this software to do for you. They will make it work. I had several requests before, during and after implementation and they have accommodated all of them. The more time you take on the front end only decreases the amount of work on the back end.

My time to process payroll has been cut in half or more.

-I was remitting all of my taxes either manually or electronically based on reports from my previous software. Now, all of my taxes are remitted by Paylocity and this is so great. I don't have to worry about weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual remittances any more(this is all backed by them, if they make an error they take responsibility). They even send a new hire report to my state agency every month and take care of remitting garnishments.

-We were already using electronic time keeping that was imported into our payroll software, but now it is all in one system and I can have my managers review and approve time cards with more ease and accuracy.

Employees can see all pay, time off and time worked information from an app on their smartphone. Or not. You get to completely customize the employee Self Service Portal for what employees can and can't do or see. They can fill out new direct deposit forms or be notified of handbook changes or other news all from this one page that they have access to at any given time.

Time off accrual and tracking is much better. We were doing this by hand previously.

On-boarding is INCREDIBLE! No more stacks of paperwork for the employee or you to deal with. 99% of it can be done from an iPad.

Web benefits is amazing. I don't have to manually sign people up on 5 different websites for different coverage types or deal with stacks of paperwork from employees. The employee follows a link to one site for all benefits, signs up for what they want, then everything is pushed to the providers.

Kiersten D.

"User-Friendly Software with Strong Support Team"

What do you like best?

The software is exceptionally intuitive. I appreciate that it allows many tasks to be done in a variety of ways so that different team members can access information in a way that makes sense for them. For support, they have one email and phone number that directs your request to your account manager first. If your account manager is not available, the system will direct you to another account manager who can help you. The team is very friendly and easy to talk to. They usually get my issues resolved in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

The requests that go beyond our account manager tend to take quite some time to reach resolution.

I work in HR. We use Paylocity for payroll runs through our accounting team. The reporting features and customization options allow me to arrange data in a way that answers many of our questions regarding turnover and retention. The onboarding tool has made it easy to improve the seamless entry of a new hire and reduce time and potential for error.

Lisa P.

"Paylocity Performs!"

What do you like best?

This is a system designed with the user in mind. The entire lifespan of the employee was considered by Paylocity when designing this product and we are very happy with it! We save thousands of dollars on the costs of paper and advertising,(because of a partnership with Indeed)! Finally, the tech support has been amazing when implementing new platforms. They answer every question and guide the customer through with patient and timely responses. Additionally, when we have made suggestions on how to improve the product, they have LISTENED and incorporated our suggestions into future features, making our lives even easier! Who doesn't love being heard?!!

What do you dislike?

There are some clever enhancements that would make our lives easier, like an email link on the self-service portal for staff to conveniently contact IT when experiencing an IT related problem.

I also think it's tough to tell if I have really approved time sheets when I use the desktop version. On my phone, however, it's much easier. I don't know why there is a discrepancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you'll be glad you did! Tell them that Lisa sent you!

We have migrated from paper applications to total electronic submission using Paylocity's state of the art Web Recruiting platform, completely streamlining our process for receiving, reviewing, and interviewing candidates. It dovetails perfectly with the complimentary platform, Onboarding, which is also taking the pain out of HR tasks!

Jodi J.

"Relatively new user."

What do you like best?

Paylocity allows me to be able to access my personal information from HR without the wait or "middle man." My paystubs, tax info, timesheet, and other personal information are all right there loaded into the site by our company.

What do you dislike?

It's not visually very appealing. It's got a wide interface that makes me need to minimize my screen text size to see everything. In their defense, I think that my company is able to add as many fields as they find appropriate, so their larger selection may be what is making our time sheets to wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Weigh the pros and cons of the price of use compared to the benefits of having all of your information and tracking data in one place. You may find it's what you didn't know you needed.

This site allows us to clock in and out of work in real time or after the fact, and allows us to have record of our work related documents in one secure location.

Terri L.

"Great Payroll and HR Service!"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is a great payroll company. There is always someone to help when I have questions on our payroll, or with setting up new states, etc. We also use them for tracking our PTO, which is so much better than when we were doing it manually. There are extensive reports on their report database, but can always create a custom one if needed as well. Just an all-around perfect solution for our payroll/HR needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that could use some work is for tracking our PTO. I understand that PTO is tracked with our semi-monthly payroll, and we do have the benefit of being able to roll 40 hours to the next year. It is on the 1/15 payroll every year where I have to go in and make corrections. If someone has 80 hours left at the end of the previous year, only 40 hours should roll. We have the issue where if that is the case, but then someone takes a few days of PTO in those first few weeks of January, the system takes those hours out before rolling over. So essentially, if they have 40 hours rolling, and then use 16 hours in January, they would have a balance of 24 hours. Paylocity is taking the hours used out first and then rolling a full 40 hours over. It's a small thing that only effects a handful of people though, and I only have to worry about it once a year.

The biggest thing for me personally is tracking our PTO. We used to have a manual Excel spreadsheet with a tab for each employee where we kept track of PTO. I had to be under the assumption that everyone was emailing me to let me know what days they were out, because if they didn't, their PTO would be off. Paylocity makes it much easier with employees being able to just enter their days off themselves. Of course, there is always the possibility that someone doesn't enter their PTO, but we have checks in place to hopefully catch most of those.

Robert C.

"Easy to Use Product & Reliable Customer Service"

What do you like best?

My firm has been a customer for over a decade and we have seen the continued reinvestment in the product. The functionality is very user friendly and features are constantly added or improved. We have also great service from our account managers and the tax team in answering questions and resolving any issues that have arisen.

What do you dislike?

I have no major complaints. My only gripe is that the company has grown so fast that it sometimes feels like we get a new dedicated account manager every couple of months. It is not that fast it in reality, but we have had a number of reps over the years. While you hate to lose a good rep, most of them have moved up to different positions in the company. You hire good people and they are going to move up the ladder. Fortunately, with only one exception, all of the new account managers we received were competent and provided great service. After we identified issues with the one rep, the service management team put in protocols to monitor the service and eventually replaced the rep when it was clear she was not fit for the role

We have a trusted resource for processing payroll online and someone to handle filing our returns with the federal and state governments. We also use the employee portal for PTO. It is very easy for the employees to submit PTO requests to their managers for approval and have their available days tracked.

Laura J F.

"Paylocity Rocks"

What do you like best?

I really like the customer service and knowledge of our representatives. I appreciate that I can speak to someone anytime I call, even if my representative is not available. I love that they get back to me timely. I like that coworkers are required to participate in the process (making demographic changes). I love the annual conference that is all about the users.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the times my communication is misunderstood.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implementation takes time and effort to compile and decide on features, etc. but very well thought out by Paylocity. Resources, if the form of one person to start and finish the implementation, is provided and done well. Afterwards, the company is assigned a representative. In our case, they have been consistent. However, if they are unavailable someone else who is also knowledgeable can assist. Paylocity is also able and willing to partner with other vendors to make our life easier and more automated.

Paylocity provides one software for both Human Resources and Payroll. Also, it allows the coworkers to be in control of their information. It also reduces manual entry by the payroll personnel, reducing errors.

Bryan A.

"Pretty good payroll system"

What do you like best?

The Quick Pay screen for payroll batches is great. Allows you to make changes quickly to a large number of employees at one time. The Report Writer feature is good also - even with the hundreds of available reports it is nice to be able to create your own report.

What do you dislike?

Settings that require you to got to multiple places to fully implement the change. And it's not always intuitive to know that changes are required in both Web Pay and Web Time in order to accomplish what you need to do. Like assigning employees to Approving managers in Web Time. Finding all the right settings in Web Pay and Web Time is frustrating and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take as many training sessions/tutorials as possible. I attended several during implementation, and still review client training and resources as needed since you can do that at any time.

Labor Allocation %. We've used that feature a lot now that we have it and it's easy to use.

Leslie F.

"Human Resources Manager"

What do you like best?

My Paylocity contact helps with any and all questions that I could have regarding reports, entries, taxes and so much more. In addition, Paylocity is a pretty user friendly application for the most part. The E-Verify function is also an added bonus. It is also a nice feature that W2's are filed and sent out on our behalf and the ease of being able to pring them once going paperless is also nice. When our point-of-contact is busy, it's nice to know that his partners will step in to help answer the questions I might have and always do so in such a timely manner. It's much appreciated (but Ben is my favorite).

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports could be more clear cut and user friendly. We seem to have a lot of issues with the app displaying incorrect information compared to what I show on my end. It's a pain that the associates see their time offs in real-time, but it doesn't reflect the same for me until payroll is closed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make documents easier to find so that I can look things up and resolve them without having to contact Ben.

We are working on utilizing the occurrence feature right now to help with attendance issues. I've since found a nice report in WebTime that will also help us to pin-point any repeat offenders.

Ayo J.

"Long time Paylocity fan"

What do you like best?

I love Paylocity’s completely web-based model. Paylocity is pretty user friendly, with the exception of a couple of it’s modules, and has great training tools. I’d also say their sales team is top notch and really work with you to get the best value for your company. But the feature I love best is their Onboarding. Although I’ve been through SIX conversions (with 5 companies) with Paylocity, I’ve only just started using their Onboarding module in the past 18 months and I’m not sure what I did without it!

What do you dislike?

Since I have been a long term user I know what the service model used to be and I honestly miss the old days. We had a dedicated service team that knew me just by the sound of my voice and phone number and we had a great relationship. Now they’ve grown so much that you get a contact person, but you don’t even get an actual email address or direct line for them. Everything is put in a que and routed. I’m not a fan of that. It takes too long to get help sometimes. Also I’m not a fan of the Performance Management tool. It’s too cumbersome and confusing to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a user friendly, web-based environment that makes your job easier, Paylocity is your answer. I never recommend any other payroll provider than Paylocity in over 10 years.

Our recruiting and onboarding process has become so easy now. Their direct interface with InDeed makes getting candidates a breeze, and when you find the right one it’s a breeze to onboard them.

Chris M.

"Excellent Software, superb support!"

What do you like best?

Working with the support team has been fantastic. We're always taken care of very quickly, and always feel valued. The support coupled with the fantastic software makes the whole experience amazing. I wouldn't ever hesitate to recommend Paylocity to any of my peers. I've used many different payroll software's for years. Paylocity has been the very best. Also, since it's completely web based; I can open up the entire software in Chrome and get things done from anywhere. The power of a true web app completely changes how you can run and manage your business. The software has been very well thought out and is scalable and ready for the future.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we've ever had any issues with is the ability to import data from excel into Paylocity. We do a lot of commissions that are calculated in excel in many different departments. The excel tool isn't great and will not import unless everything is perfect. We've found workarounds to make it work, but it was a little frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used 4 different payroll systems for extended periods of time. Paylocity is by far the best.

All of our employees like the software. I don't ever hear any complaints like I have with many other payroll software's I've used. It has made our whole payroll process seamless and has taken a lot of the burden away.

Josh C.

"Technology company that does payroll"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Paylocity is that they are a technology company that does payroll. So many times their cutting edge technology has saved me time and headaches in getting things done. I also appreciate that they basically do payroll and nothing else. While they are able to work with other vendors, they focus their efforts on providing the best payroll provider service they can.

What do you dislike?

I am having to dig deep, but the only thing I can come up with is that occasionally, things are hard to figure out because there is just so much out there and a lot of optionality when it comes to ways to get things done. However, I have never had an issue that was not handled by a member of customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone should at least give it a look. I think they will be impressed with what they see.

We have a more integrated time and attendance system than we ever had before with any other provider.

Shelley T.

"Fully functional and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Fairly intuitive for the employees to use. System is easy to navigate and easily customizable.

What do you dislike?

Some modules outside of payroll and benefits are not fully developed. Recruiter does not have esignature, which defeats the purpose of having an ATS, especially if you have something robust like Taleo. Other modules also have a one size fits all approach, or the logic that was used was simple, which is applicable if you have an employee base of under 100. for example, the compensation module was just unusable. It just assumed that there were % target bonuses that were standard across the board, versus being able to factor in different amounts by persons within roles. Reporting could use an overhaul. For example, being able to pull history seems to be a challenge. Sometimes, you want to pull a report of all employees with all history...and it just pulls you current snapshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Narrow down to what you really need and focus on those modules first.

We were rolling off a PEO and needed to bring HRIS, payroll, time tracking and benefits administration in-house. We have been able to address all of these areas and more, including onboarding and performance management. Our system is now fairly integrated and is a one-stop shop for all HR needs. It's not perfect, but seriously much improved from what we had before.

Mary D.

"Exceeds expectations"

What do you like best?

1) The quick access to support staff

2) The relatively quick turn-around/question follow up.

3) The portal, overall, is aesthetically pleasing and mostly easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

On a rare occasion I've gotten an eager support person on the phone or reeeeally wanted to assist and kept persisting, but clearly did not have a grasp on the topic. Subsequent email exchanges were somewhat frustrating, because I have to go over and over what's being asking. BUT THIS IS RARE. :)

Finally, near the end of our initial start/onboarding with your company, my consultant neglected to inform me that no contact had been made with one of the third parties we were relying on to be an integral part of our company's payroll process. This was surprising and disappointing, though mostly, Jacob was very helpful throughout the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a high quality product/interface; mutli-function software environment; value-added at-the-moment-it's-needed support; and access to specialists, this is the product you want. Follow Paylocity's protocols and processes closely and you won't be disappointed. It may not be the lowest-cost option on the market, but it's reasonably priced and the output is exceptional.

hmm . . . not really solving business problems, but sure as heck relieved I no longer have to be the only one in my professional universe who is meeting payroll requirements. In other words, your company takes some burden off my plate, which is huge. Wish we could afford to use Paylocity for more than one purpose.

Hugh C.

"Service is the key"

What do you like best?

We never have issues when we call for questions or issues that may need a service ticket. This is the second company I have introduced to Paylocity and I am happy I made the transition in both cases. I've used several payroll & HR mgt services in the past (Paychex, Ultimate Software, ADP) and each time I switched to a different service it was because of service related issues and not the underlying platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have more setup access. I understand how reporting works, accruals work and items and rather than have to rely on a team to set up GL interfaces or Benefit accruals I would love the ability to do that myself.

Cut my payroll processing costs to one third of the cost when I was with the Three Lettered company....I have also gotten much better data interfaces with other accounting and productivity systems we use.

terri c.

"easy to use, great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service at Paylocity is amazing. From the very beginning I was impressed at how competent their team is.

What do you dislike?

The ACA tool is sometimes a bit confusing. For instance there will be an audit item that needs to be corrected and when you follow their directions to correct the issue there is nothing wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The personnel at Paylocity are all very good at what they do - from the initial sales person to the set up team to the customer service representatives. The software is easy to use and the set up team did a great job in setting it up to work for our small but complex company.

The software is very easy to use. I am not a huge fan of HR work and the programs that Paylocity provides for HR things like onboarding and reviews are very helpful.

Austin H.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Paylocity responds to its customers with great service. If I'm having an issue or want to try automating a process, I know I can call in and they will talk it out with me and present options. We've progressively adopted more of Paylocity's products and each implementation has been great because someone is dedicated to assisting you. And I appreciate that there are regular development upgrades/facelifts; it shows they're accepting users' feedback.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for creating reports is not the cleanest or most straightforward to work with. I also wish there were established APIs with Microsoft. We're not relying on many of our business systems, like Paylocity, to present data dashboard or data assessment; instead we're pulling raw data out of these business systems and processing, scrubbing, and presenting it all with Microsoft Office's query/B.I. tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paylocity has a nice ease of use and the customer experience is great.

Clarity on attendance, employee data reporting, communication with employees, mobile solutions, data feeds to vendors, streamlined payroll process.

Adela C.

"Best I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and how it integrates with other applications. Entering timesheets is very easy and customizable, with the acception of limiting the options for the Pay Type.

This is our second year using Web Benefits. The amount of support we receive with this platform is phenomenal. They are willing to work directly with the benefits broker and provider in order to fix any issues.

What do you dislike?

There was one report that I was not able to create due to how the information was put into the system. On Web-Time, I am not able to limit the Pay Type options in order to reduce the probability of mistakes made.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It being a web based application, it allows us to make updates in real time. Most updates or corrections do not take 24 hours for processing. All reports that are ran do not take more than just a few minutes before they are ready. When transferring records from ATS (Applicant Tracking System), the longest it has taken for the record to be viewed in Onboarding has been two hours.

The biggest problem we have solved is integration within the system. The best benefit we've realized is that information does not need to be entered several times, so it's a huge time saver.

Sophie L.

"Essential software for human resources"

What do you like best?

As administrator of human resources to be able to control the managements, incidents and possible doubts of any user of the company, it becomes much easier with software systems like this that allow to speed up my work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when a user asks me a question I have to check twice because the system takes a little time to update the request, but otherwise the program is well optimized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great software of human resources management, so if you want to reduce the extensive procedures and be able to better serve employees you should consider getting it.

I have solved doubts of users of the company about their free days or illness, I have all the users well structured, the details of the days and requests I can solve them quickly since everything is easily available.

Carlos A.

"Easy Robust System with Great Service!"

What do you like best?

Paylocity's web-based system is fast, intuitive, integrates well and has lots of features. Customer service is on point and most of my questions are answered quickly.

What do you dislike?

The robustness of the system has many configuration models and several portals that require a superior set of technical skills to be able to cope with a comprehensive system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paylocity has a high grade product that has multiple options that need to be considered. When implementing and using, there needs to be an individual as robust as the product that is being acquired. Paylocity is efficient, fast, robust and sophisticated. Teams using Paylocity require appropriate training and ample time to configure exactly what they want.

We have automated payroll, increased visibility on our operating expenses, implemented a talent performance side of things, track time and are onboarding employees and managing benefits simultaneously.

Jenny B.

"Paylocity is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Since our company switched to Paylocity in 2016, I have been impressed with the quality of their workforce. The Account Managers are usually able to solve my issue immediately. The Implementation Specialists are so efficient that there are very few adjustments to be made; they are also very good at explaining the process. The trainers are top notch.

The cost is great too; we get more bang for our buck than we did with our last provider.

What I like best is that Paylocity listens and responds to user recommendations for upgrades.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I can think of that I dislike.

We have been able to pull most of our HR functions into one easy to use HRIS. For about the same money that we paid our previous provider, we have been able to add recruiting, onboarding and benefit management modules.

Precious M.

"super satisfied"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner. I also like that is on the web where I can process it everywhere, not only in the office.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have a dislike about paylocity. Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Paylocity especially the time tracking and payroll services with tax services. I am really satisfied with the product and services.

No problems. our payroll is running smoothly. Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner.

Jennifer D.

"Paylocity Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to get issues solved quickly and to have most of our needs solved with one system.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike- some of our new components took a lot of front end work to launch but that is to be expected! The Expense Management system is not as seamless as expected and it has taken longer to get up and running than I was prepared for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend comparing Paylocity to any other comparable system on the market. Their capabilities are terrific and no one can touch their customer service and willingness to not only answer questions but also to literally build solutions. Pricing is also extremely competitive.

We have been able to integrate benefits and payroll and HR all together. Open Enrollment was much easier in 2018 than in previous years/

Marie E.

"Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the feat"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

What do you dislike?

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be sorry.

I've worked with others in the past that say they have a user self-service portal, but Paylocity really delivers in this area and the result for us has been... employees ACTUALLY USE the self-service features available to them. As the admin, it's easy for me to customize content so it's easy for users to find what they need. There are process features available, such as handbook acknowledgement, that actually work & are easy for the employee to go back for reference.

Kayden E.

"The only support line I get excited to call!"

What do you like best?

Each representative is so kind. No matter the question, I am met with such helpful guidance and efficient problem solving. I have built a great relationship with our account manager and trust her with any situation. The attention to detail and urgency is problem solving is much appreciated. I know that whenever I call, I will be met with generosity and quality service.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a bad experience with a Paylocity representative yet, the system is very user friendly and the reps know it on an expertise level to help with any and all issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a system thats easy to learn and a support line that you don't dread calling... get with Paylocity STAT!

We run payroll through Paylocity. We use it for tax purposes as well.

Stephanie C.

"Best payroll product I've ever used!"

What do you like best?

Once you understand the basics, it is an intuitive product to use. Most screens are easy to read and there are multiple ways to accomplish the same tasks. The customer service is excellent with never a wait and they are the most pleasant and product knowledgeable people to deal with.

What do you dislike?

The "Save" button is not consistent in its screen placement. Sometimes it's at the top, sometimes the bottom. Would prefer it to always be at the top. Would also like to be able to process payroll for Canada and Mexico.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The implementation process and the initial learnig curve can be difficult but it is worth it in the end.

Time and attendance tracking is quick and easy now. Payroll processing is much more efficient now freeing me up to accomplish other tasks.

Vanessa M.

"Upgrade for Software"

What do you like best?

As of now, we are pleased with the upgrade and capabilities compared to our old system. It was antiquated and unreliable.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is good... however, if I don't get my rep, I get referred to reports and pages to look at. I have learned to email my rep, Rob, directly. He always replies, whether by email or a quick call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you can reasonably come up with ALL issues and concerns before trying to implement.

Ask specifically how the GL transfers will work from Paylocity to your GL system. Our general understanding was yes, there is capability, but the set up process was not explained in detail. Conversations with a sister facility says that the GL transfer isn't always accurate.

So far, so good...

Nicole P.

"Payroll made Easy"

What do you like best?

Our company switched to Paylocity halfway through 2018 and wow what a world of difference it was. Paylocity's simple payroll system allowed us to pay employees quickly and efficiently. Year end was also made 100 times easier because Paylocity took care of everything. We have been very happy with our switch, thanks for providing a great service!

What do you dislike?

Some of the customer service people do not seem to know enough about the ins and ours of the paylocity system and with the exception of our most recent call with a paylocity customer service person I feel we spent more time working through to find a solution than what we should have.

**Our industry would best be described as Recruiting or Consulting, neither are listed as an option below.

Tonya R. B.

"Freedom!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, data is easy to extract. Reporting is intuitive. I was amazed at how easy it was to switch from Paychex. My supervisors spend much less time managing time and attendance, and the employees have visibility to the time off calendar which is a huge help.

What do you dislike?

Some navigation needs work. Mobile clock in is not working for us. We have employees set up on our wireless, we have increased our network speed, we have done everything possible, but our employees waste time trying to clock in and out. Frustrating. I was hoping this would resolve itself with improvements to our wireless network, no dice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So much easier than imagined to switch over. The integrations with our 401k are worth it alone, but all of the other features and ease of use have made this the best decision to date!

Ancient payroll processing system. We were with Paychex and their reporting was horrible, time and attendance was difficult and highly manual to manage. Customer Service was lacking. Little or no integration. Now all of my benefits and finance are integrated, time spent on Payroll and HR has dropped significantly.

Carmen F.

"Fantastic Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has helpful, attentive representatives who are able to assist with a variety of issues and requests. I feel like our representative understands our needs and goes above and beyond to help us get the information we need!

What do you dislike?

I wish the system was a little more intuitive and able to track information in the way we need. Thankfully, we are able to put in requests for system updates for features Paylocity can work on developing in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great customer service and great value for all the features offered!

Our payroll and HRIS processes are mucyh more seamless with Paylocity than with our previous vendor. The reporting capabilities are fantastic. we particularly appreciate the reporting and filing they do on our behalf for payroll taxes, etc.

Lou M.

"I am a raving fan of Paylocity!!!! "

What do you like best?

I find Paylocity much easier to use than other payroll programs. It is user friendly and logical. They have incredible customer support. Reporting is much easier and robust than other programs and it is priced substantially better than some of their big competitors.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about Paylocity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Paylocity. I find it easier to use with better reporting options and priced much better than some of the big names in this market.

Payroll, timekeeping, time off accounting, payroll tax compliance, reporting for a variety of reasons including 401(k) plan compliance and testing; Workers' compensation reporting/compliance, etc. I believe the reporting is easier and better than ADP at approximately half the annual cost.

Destiny C.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's mobile friendly, and can be accessed from any browser. I also really like the features of being able to get an estimate of your check, the ease of asking for PTO, and the ability for managers to leave "journal entries" on your performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps is delayed, which can be frustrating if your job requires you to clock in on site. The journal entries are a little odd, but I appreciate the transparency of being able to see how my manager summarizes our meetings.

You can see exactly where someone has clocked in or out. You can easily make notes for an administrator to change. PTO is easier to ask for and see how much has been accrued. It's also nice to be able to have communication between HR and managers more easily. Having a program specifically for HR and payroll makes asking questions easier, and finding the answer simply on this site.

Jaime C.

"Very positive experience!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ACA module - it saves me a ton of time every year!

What do you dislike?

I don't really think there is anything I outright dislike. The only challenge I've had is around integration with non-Paylocity partners. They have a lot of partners to choose from, but sometimes we go with one that isn't ready to integrate as nicely as the rest.

Initially, our goal was to have a cloud-based system with more "instant" payroll processing. We've achieved that and so much more! When the ACA reporting requirements for employers were rolled out, I didn't know how I was going to pull off the compliance. BUT Paylocity was able to build in a great module that took all my stress and fear away.

Jennifer F.

"Awesome software and excellent customer service. We have been with Paylocity since 2013. "

What do you like best?

Variety of tools we use in the software is fantastic. Benefits are tracked (vacation, sick, etc.) with ease and WebTime is awesome. We use the geomap for softball staff out at the parks and it keeps them honest since they can only punch in and out at the fields. I can't say enough about this software and how many useful tools they provide not to mention upgrades. You won't go wrong selecting this software for payroll.

What do you dislike?

A few glitches with the pension setup but Paylocity fixed them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A few years after using this product, I liked this company so much that I purchased their stock and still have it today.

Tracking vacation, longevity, OSHA reports not to mention we don't have to file quarterly tax reports or produce W2's anymore, yeah!

protus n.

"manage HR tasks with ease."

What do you like best?

for every successful business there is a well structured, core HR, payroll system, talent, and workforce management, etc. Paylocity platform composes of advanced features like; ability to track time, attendance and performance of employees, easy way to manage expenses whereby the employees can forward expenses reports for payments, well management of salary structures, ability to pull in receipts from all credit and statements, easy and flexible ways to manage receipts, fast and credible reimbursement, employee web portals, employees can view their data on smartphones app and websites, easy enrollment to other departments like insurance plans, documentation is good for easy retrievals and recovery, management of time-off, well established payroll system, direct deposits to workers account, automatic tax deductions, etc

What do you dislike?

Paylocity is fantastic. no more dislike, although the mobile app has less services and it is difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

life isint easy when you cant manage an institution with ease, simplicity, effectiveness, efficiency, accountability,etc. among many HR software's Paylocity provides all mentioned qualities at just an affordable cost.

the interaction with Paylocity has left our institution with a big smile with all the positive contributions it has brought; easy management of employees time-off, cases of absenteeism has declined, management in terms of workers performance has greatly facilitated high output. salary reimbursement and management of expenses is simple and easy, the workers motivation towards work has grown to desired levels, safe and improved documentation for instance the invoice services, advanced integration with plans like insurance etc.

"A series of dead end hallways"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has a decent UI and is pretty easy to use. I can view all my coworkers.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the web app is confusing and difficult to use. If you look at the url, it appears they call their web UI "Escher" and I am dying to know if that's an uninformed irony or if they intentionally built a project full of metaphorical stairs to nowhere, because I feel like I'm in an Escher drawing when I try to perform a simple task like request time off. I just learned that I've been requesting time off, and getting it approved, for 6 months without that time being taken out of my paycheck because I was using a part of the app available to me but not the correct one that was actually connected to our time. There are so many different links and features and they aren't laid out intuitively, so you have to click through lots of different links to try to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots of options for payroll and benefit management and I don't know why anyone uses this or how it exists.

Keep track of my paychecks, request time off, find company documents like holiday schedules.

Patrick R.

"Paylocity makes timekeeping easy for Business"

What do you like best?

The thing i like the most about paylocity is the self service portal. It has everything you need in one place. It makes it easy to track your PTO accruals and paycheck stubs, as well as update your HR benefits. I am salaried so my time sheet administration is a breeze. When I was an hourly employee however, entering my hours each day was a little more complex. You needed to account for different projects for corresponding hours you worked on them. I also like that you get email notifications when your time off requests are approved or denied, as you don't always remember to go back in an check for yourself.

What do you dislike?

The thing I do not like about Paylocity is the Check Calculator feature is not user friendly nor does it explain how to work it. It is supposed to give you the estimated amount of your next pay check but when i click on preview it just says $0.00 and it does explain how to actually get the preview. I usually just ignore and don't use this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommendations I give to others are to definitely incorporation as many functions are you can into the system. We use a separate system to handle employee reimbursements, but paylocity can handle that and more all under one roof. It makes paycheck management much easier if you can bundle as many features as you can for your business.

The business problems we are solving is employee timekeeping and HR benefit administration. It is a one-stop shop for worksheets, paychecks and employee benefits. The benefits I have realized is that you can update your 401K contributions at any time. Get a raise? you can increase your contribution amount instantly....have unexpected bills, you can decrease it instantly. At previous jobs it was not so simple.

"Great Payroll Company"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has a single-platform with integrated time clock and payroll system which is very robust and easy to use. If I need assistance, I know I can call our support team and usually get an answer or the help I need within 1 call (which I know is an issue with other 'top' payroll companies.)

What do you dislike?

I've had a few quirky issues with logins on my pc with both webtime and webpay on the same browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paylocity has one roobust centralized platform, as opposed to companies like ADP which have multiple platforms based on size which are confusing to use. As a former ADP employee, they also have much better customer service and usually issues and questions can be handled in 1 call as opposed to being bounced around. Their service centers are also US based so you're not being bounced around the world.

I now have control over our payroll and entering new employees in real time online (as opposed to faxing paperwork to be handled by our previous company) and it is a much more reasonable cost for a small business. The reports are much more straightforward and condensed as opposed to the 3-4 inches of confusing paper reports we received from the old company.

Karen M.

"The move to Paylocity has been Awesome"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is continually moving forward to enhance user experience and provide additional features.

What do you dislike?

We have a complex allocation spreadsheet that distributes cost over 30 plus entities and programs. Allocations are a mix of continually changing percentages and hours, sometimes both for the same employee! It took several years for Paylocity to evolve to a point where this could be accomplished within the system. This past year Paylocity has worked closely with our HR Generalist to get this setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Paylocity, I recommend making the switch! The customer service is awesome. This makes it practically painless. And they are always available to assist you in every way.

We have moved to paperless time tracking with Paylocity. This has been a huge time saver. Performance evaluations were completed using Paylocity last year, which Paylocity helped us to customize to our needs. This year we will be adding on-boarding and application processing. We are looking to Paylocity to continue helping us become more efficient.

Rebecca G.

"Great Platform, with Great Support"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with the platform and the ability to save any and all HR reports make this one of the top platforms in payroll to use. It is easy to navigate through, and whenever you have a question the support team jumps in and is willing to help.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to block time off requests if the hours weren't in the bank.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the robustness of the platform when doing a comparrison of other products. Also take into account the support and the readiness to help. What sets Paylocity above other platforms is not only the solid foundation of the platform but also the support of the team.

Prior to Paylocity many of our forms for HR were on paper, especially the non traditional HR forms. The ability to neatly filing them in the employees online profile is time and space saving.

Parker S.

"Paylocity All-in-one"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Paylocity is how all the features are connected. Since I am a recruiter, I am using the onboarding dashboard a lot, but it also communicates with WebTime and WebPay so its very easy to get someone into the system.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is that people often are unable to login the first time without assistance. In other words, it may not be the most user friendly for the applicant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great system if you are wanting an all in one. If you are just interested in one of the features, there may be cheaper options available.

We use this system for onboarding, payroll, and scheduling. Additionally it helps us track things like health benefits.

Tova G.

"Great Payroll company"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has met our needs over the years as a growing start up from 8 employees to almost 200 today. We have been able to add modules as our needs arose. The support reps have generally been very responsive and helpful. Implementations for the new modules have generally stayed on time.

What do you dislike?

As we are a growing company, Paylocity's pricing strategy may not be optimal. Paying an amount per employee per month increases as we grow and increases as we add modules. It would be great to get an all-in price estimate including all modules. Paylocity may not be viable for a large company.

Onboarding gave us huge value. WebBenefits as well. We are looking forward to implementing Talent Management and possibly Recruitment.

Ariel L.

"Friendly User Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use platform. I'm not very familiar with this product, however my company switched over to from hand written time cards to this online time card system and it was great. I heard that my boss received very great training on the system.

What do you dislike?

The system had updated at one point and I did not like the changes. Before the system update, it kept me logged in for an hour so when I came back from lunch I could clock out without having to log back in. It's a minor annoyance to me.

Like I said in the first answer, we switched from paper to internet time cards so the difference was in the math and time. It is so much easier to count up the hours because the system does it for you. While I was not in charge of approving some one else's time card, I know this was a huge bonus to our managers.

"Favorite timesheet!"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to navigate and contains all my employee resources in one place. The home screen has all of most used widgets (time in/ request off) and the tabs at the top to navigate farther are very organized.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike so far is requesting off. It’s very difficult to make sure you are requesting the correct date and times, and it has to be entered in a very specific format or it will not accept what you input. This would be fine if there was an example of formatting, but it just kicks your request back until you realize the format.

It takes a lot less time away from working to use this system. With it being so easily accessible, I don’t spend as much time as our previous benefits page trying to navigate through what I’m looking for. This page is laid out very well and is very user friendly.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

The integrated options available in Paylocity are great. Time tracking, PTO requests, payroll, benefits, onboarding, performance management, and employee self-service (among others) all wrapped together is very efficient and the platform is very intuitive. The reporting features are also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

They only draw back for our firm is the fact that the performance management module doesn't allow us the opportunity to assign a group of reviewers for each individual performance evaluation form where it would then combine all feedback into one evaluation form. We have a unique supervisory structure which doesn't follow the typical 1st and 2nd level manager structure so we currently have to maintain a separate performance management system.

We have greatly increased our process efficiencies for time tracking, payroll, G/L entry, benefit enrollments and onboarding while providing employees with significantly more information at their fingers tips than what was possible with our systems prior to implementing Paylocity.

"Reliable with great customer service. "

What do you like best?

Paylocity has fantastic real time customer service. They not only fix issues fast, but help navigate you to resolve these issues by yourself. Customer service is always reachable, well mannered and willing to work with you.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They have been and continue to be fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You could be a large or small company and this product will work for you. The ease of navigation along with quick and helpful customer service would, in my opinion help any employer. It takes the headache of our attendance tracking and payroll processing. My staff find their login portal to be extremely user friendly and the paid time off and holiday tracking is easily accessible. The training is second to none, both from an administrator as well as for employees. Not only are real time training courses available, Paylocity has a plethora of archived training courses which can be viewed at will.

Paylocity has implemented HR and Payroll governance over a small business. It has greatly decreased our costs by reducing unnecessary waste while increasing insights into my payroll metrics such as overtime expenditures.

"Paylocity is user friendly web based payroll"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use even if you are not very computer savvy. I love how easy it is to get a report for information or to lookup something. Also if I can't figure it out myself then I have a dedicated team to assist me. I have never not had an answer to a question. They might have needed to research the answer but then they kept me informed on the progress of their research.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I would say that I dislike it necessarily but I don''t like that if I email service@paylocity.com that I get whoever is on the team. I have a specific person assigned to me who is okay for answering questions but there is a better person on the team who I would prefer to use but it seems when I wish I reached that person because it is a more difficult problem then luck of the draw gets me my specific person instead which usually ends with him telling me that I need to do something or another instead of him solving the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best payroll company and system that I have ever worked with in fact I was used at my last company as one of the people others could call to ask questions to that were considering changing to Paylocity.

We currently use Paylocity for the payroll. We have realized that we can use it for onboarding and vacation requests/tracking. We are finding that we are not using it to the full extent and we are looking forward to finding what other capabilities are available that we can use in our daily business.

Learn more about Paylocity

Paylocity Videos

Learning about Paylocity?

* We monitor all Paylocity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.