BigCommerce Reviews & Product Details

What is BigCommerce?

Create differentiated commerce experiences on the industry’s most versatile ecommerce solution that powers brands like Skullcandy, Camelbak, and Ben & Jerry's. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands.

BigCommerce Screenshots

1-25 of 296 total BigCommerce reviews

BigCommerce Reviews

1-25 of 296 total BigCommerce reviews
Account Manager

"A complete e-commerce that isn't too difficult to use and maintain"

What do you like best?

The look of most of the website templates are very upscale and professional. The BigCommerce platform gives us leverage for custom options, so we can feel like we can create designs and layouts that are completely fit our vision. The actual shopping experience and payment processing is incredibly smooth and usually without error. It's very important for us to have a store solution that is easy to manage and gives us data for performance insights, and BigCommerce provides all of that for us.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into something that I really dislike about BigCommerce. I've checked out several other e-commerce solutions that are usually talked about when it comes to leaders in the space, but BigCommerce has stood out so far and performed well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigCommerce is a powerful e-commerce platform that I would have no problem recommending, regardless of the size of the business. I would try short-term plan and add some of your products to see how it fits your commercial needs and technical ability. You don't have to commit to a long and expensive plan.

BigCommerce has been a super value for an e-commerce solution. We can integrate it for many projects and has typically run very smoothly with few errors and payment processing that usually goes through without a hitch. For new projects, BigCommerce saves us the hassle from have to program a structure from scratch by enabling the use of quality templates for common industries and products.

Marketing Manager

"A versatile e-commerce solution with advanced metrics and development tools"

What do you like best?

Though many of the standard features in BigCommerce are easy to use, it still has the capability of running very custom websites with robust and advanced custom options. There are many templates that can help us to get a solid foundation going with our designs and store layouts. BigCommerce works with WordPress, so I can have the design tools of WordPress combined with the engaging and stable shopping experience of BigCommerce.

What do you dislike?

Customizing certain elements with JavaScript or CSS can be confusing. I feel that there's also more risk of causing performance issues when I add or edit code snippets for the shopping cart.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigCommerce is probably not among the lowest cost e-commerce solution, but once you get up and running, it can provide for the most professional user experiences your visitors may enjoy and appreciate. For certain industries and products, you may be able to achieve an incredible return on your investment very quickly. It's worth crunching to the numbers to see how soon that would be possible.

BigCommerce provides a solid and reliable e-commerce platform where I can manage store design, product layouts and payment processing settings. They provide simple ways for us to initiate and activate online stores quickly with templates. We also benefit from BigCommerce's flexibility, which allows us to create highly customized experiences to suit and fit our overall user experience. We have had many sales through BigCommerce and the analytic tools help us to break down or sales data.

Web Producer

"BigCommerce has the complete online store features we need"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce provides a great number of innovative features to make businesses with online stores work better. It gathers the best practices for web design and e-commerce worldwide. The online store tools are easy to navigate and use. BigCommerce has a user-friendly design and very detailed search filters. Another thing I like is that BigCommerce has built-in selling tools across such many social media and auction platforms.

What do you dislike?

I once faced an issue with filtering limitations. I needed to remove some filters, which was not very easy. I also wish there was such function such as product priority where you can choose what to show first. You should also be aware that technical support may provide a response a few days after your request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigCommerce is a really effective platform for online sales. It is great for hosting, metrics, shipping and payment processing, multi-channel sales and many other needs related to e-commerce. I would recommend just about everyone to use this as an online store platform.

BigCommerce has greatly simplified our ability to produce high quality online store experiences with smooth functionality. We can focus more on the visual design elements and less on the coding and other technical matters. BigCommerce seems to use the standard practices for the web design and e-commerce industries worldwide, which is very important for maintain a high performance level and customer experience. We can use one of many quality templates to make our initial design work and layout structuring much easier to do.

Senior Account Executive

"A solid online store platform with valuable features"

What do you like best?

Using BigCommerce is generally very easy. The user interface has a clean design with nice spacing between different sections. The overall capabilities are suitable for simple and advanced stores. They have many tools that allow us to design, add products and market our store more efficiently. There are optimization tools that allow us to configure keywords and formatting to best suit our niche. We can add multiple users to allow for more convenient management abilities.

What do you dislike?

Customizing the design to precise specifications can be challenging at times. There are slight changes that I sometimes want to make to buttons or images that float here and there, but there aren't always quick and straightforward solutions for updating those properly. I'll sometimes have to bring in a specialist to help me modify certain design elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many online shopping platforms, but I'd recommend BigCommerce as one of the better ones. Many people I know haven't heard about them as much as other platforms like Shopify, but I think BigCommerce is the better platform based on the overall Shopify features I've read about.

BigCommerce has been a great online shopping platform that we user for our business and many of our clients' businesses. We can easily manage inventory and basic marketing through the BigCommerce platform. BigCommerce has also been flexible enough for us to add custom components and third-party app integrations. BigCommerce has allowed us to launch professional quality online stores quickly with limited resources.

Digital Manager
Retail

"Electronic commerce sites with easy customization."

What do you like best?

Bigcommerce is one of the tools that best adapts to any type of website, electronic commerce, no matter what category you are in, or to which people you want to run your business, this tool allows the creation and implementation of all kinds of stores online, with all the necessary tools to put them into operation, in addition to simple design and editing tools, where any person with the basic knowledge of design, can let their imagination run freely, and create all kinds of sites from customizable templates, where you can edit the position of products, add multimedia files, of any kind, these features make this a very flexible tool, for anyone who uses it.

What do you dislike?

I have had certain problems with Bigcommerce, when trying and implementing it with different external templates, which does not allow me, a correct disposition of the elements that will be used in the store, in our store, we made different test websites, where we implemented some different templates , and then redirect categories, to sites within our page with a touch of different appearance, that fits the desired category, this is where I have had problems with bigcommerce, since not with all the templates that I want, it has a good compatibility .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A complete application for all types of electronic businesses that need to automate their sales.

Our website is at the level of any electronic commerce in the world, with the same characteristics of recognized distributors with super online stores, with bigcommerce you have everything you need to be at the level of what the modern world demands, in terms of digital commerce, in this way we can edit our store when necessary in a quick and easy way, adapting to different seasons and trends of the year, with a couple of clicks on the templates that are being used.

Software Engineer

"Opereate an Online Store at Your Comfort"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is a highly reputable ecommerce hosting solutionthat satisfies business owners in running a profitable online store. Can be easily handeld by any prospective business owner without much web design skills. Interestingly, it works for both physical and digital products perfectly. Payment integreation is okay, likewise other needed intresting integrations are perfect on BigCommerce. I also appreciate the content management functionalities, and SEO capabilities. Lots of amazing paid themes can be used on BigCommerce to build your store.

What do you dislike?

The free theme is limited to just about 10. It should offer more free themes to choose from. Also, BigCommerce can not be operated on mobile, this is unlike other ecommerce solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get strated with your online store using BigCommerce

The goood thing now is that I am able to operate an online store easily at my own comfort, affordably.

Senior Consultant

"Can make online sales and order management much easier"

What do you like best?

There are many sharp and professional store templates for us to choose from that allow for a great deal of custom layout and design options. Since we get many visitors through mobile devices, we wanted a solution that worked well on phones and tablets. BigCommerce certainly works great on mobile in terms of both design and functionality. I like that we can use the BigCommerce platform to connect with many other sales channels like online shopping websites and social media accounts.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more precise account management and order filtering options on the backend. Though we can customize most of the design elements we need, it can be complicated to customize certain things with very fine detail. There are certain product and service types that have that don't quite mesh well with BigCommerce.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think you can depend on BigCommerce for online sales and reliable transactions. Other than just being an e-commerce solution, you can use the customer data acquired through BigCommerce for your digital and offline marketing efforts.

BigCommerce has provided us with a platform for selling product and services online. We basically use it as a hub to process payments. We can link to it from various platforms and have all of our orders managed in a central location. We don't need to have a great deal of daily account management to make sure our transactions are processed properly. BigCommerce has been a dependable e-commerce platform with a solid customer support team.

Owner-operator

"Fast, easy to setup with advanced customization."

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to integrate apps easily such as Shipstation, which makes paying for labels, and printing, easier. I can also integrate a better review app such as JudgeMe. Customer support is responsive and feels like a powerful system. It also does not need as many apps to work great, unlike Shopify. Plenty of customization with very fine details.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the entry-level subscription does not have an abandoned-cart recovery. I also dislike that hosted banner images on mobile do not display in high quality.I contacted support about the issue and they got back to me quickly but the issue has not been fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into obtaining a paid service to further customize your storefront as the default themes are very simple. You will have good customization right out of the box, but I really believe it can be further improved to create more pleasing complex websites.

For me, it solved having to figure out how to install a payment processor. I currently integrate Stripe and it was very easy to install and setup through Bigcommerce. I realized that I can also integrate multiple payment systems easily, allowing for more variety during check out for customers.

Operations Manager
Retail

"Mostly user friendly could use some improvements to help with efficiency "

What do you like best?

I like that you can bulk edit and also finally delete old products off your site. I like the drag and drop feature when adding product pictures. The ability to search by name, phone number, email, or order number really helps when you don't know all the information for a customer. It can be tricky when they have a very common name or common word in their name, it can bring up products as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to filter your manually verified orders that are placed. Also the options settings could be easier. Wish it was easier to add a users new info to previously created account. ALSO wish we could see users carts not yet in checkout! I wish it automatically merged customers with matching addresses or email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you listen to your employees when they say they've discovered something new on the site! My boss who built our site using Big Commerce doesn't know 1/4 of the stuff I've learned through daily use.

Inventory tracking, managing customers, tracking customer orders, referencing product descriptions, external links being embedded, email alerts for low inventory or out of stock is very helpful for inventory tracking and reordering

Analyst

"Use it for Your E-Commerce Business"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is an easy to use online store creating tool. It allows you to create an online store with amazing ease. It also has integrations with very useful e-commerce and online marketing tools that help you sell your products easily. I love using it. It offers reliable hosting and security and a payment gateway integration. It is simply the easy way

What do you dislike?

BigCommerce makes it easy to create your online store with practically no programming experience. I have nothing bad to say about it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigCommerce offers you a nice and easy way to set up your online store and easily makes sales by deploying strategic marketing techniques

With BigCommerce, we have been able to create several online stores and generate huge sales. It is a really reliable platform to launch your e-Commerce business

IT
Computer Hardware

"Good product, better service"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is top notch, if you have a problem they are more than willing to help out.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Office365, is less than ideal. After switching to O365 for exchange, all of our order confirmation e-mails were getting black listed. This is due to a range of the IP's they use being black listed by SpamHaus. So I had to setup the MX and TXT records for demarc and use their mail server.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a great service, and provide fantastic support to back it up. The main issue would be if you are using Office 365 for mail/exchange. If so, then you currently won't be able to use it to send order confirmation e-mails. If you try, they won't make it out, due to being black listed. But if you setup the MX and TXT records for your demarc, then you can use their mail server and everything seems to work just fine.

When sending out order e-mails through the O365 mail server, they get bounce backs because of a IP blacklisting. But going through their mail server there is no problems.

Response from John Yarbrough of BigCommerce

Hi Jeff, Thank you for the kind comments about our customer support team, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Sorry to hear that the integration experience with Office 365 wasn't quite what you expected. In case it's helpful, you can find more information about using third-party email providers in conjunction with BigCommerce here: https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/Third-Party-Email-Hosting

Owner

"Bigcommerce Ecommerce Review"

What do you like best?

They gave you a 15 days Free trial No credit card required.after that their Standard Plan is $29.95 per month. you get unlimited products, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, credit card and PayPal payments with no transaction fee! You are able to sell across multiple channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. They have great SEO tools to help you. they offer extreme scalability for online stores. Easy to setup and start running. They offer some free templates. good (SEO).

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit Complex terminology is unsuitable for new users. Limits are placed on annual online sales.There are no mobile apps available for on the go. The blog doesn't facilitate RSS feeds.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its ok to try out.

I'm able to sell across multiple channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Research Lead

"A professional online selling platform that's not too difficult to use"

What do you like best?

I like how BigCommerce gives us virtually all of the major tools we need to create a high quality e-commerce experience for our customers. They are on top of all the latest design and technology standards when it comes to legal sales requirements, browser viewing and store functionality trends. There are many templates that give us a solid head start on the design process and ways for us to manage our inventory and sales information with ease.

What do you dislike?

I can't always modify some design traits with the existing tools. The downside to having a solid set structure is that it can be difficult to add some custom modifications. Such modifications can alter the stability of the core store or shopping cart code. Also, the load times can sometimes be slower on certain days.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think going with BigCommerce couldn't hurt for any company, but for the best value, you may be able to find lower cost solutions to fill your needs. I would also check out Shopify or a similar service before going with BigCommerce.

We are able to receive payments on a diverse set of products and services. We don't have to deploy an extensive amount of resources towards building and maintaining our e-commerce presence. The design and editing tools are complete enough for us to get adequate changes done most of the time. We can rely on a sound programming and payment network with experienced technical support staff to ensure our store assets remain up and functioning at the most ideal state.

Analista de sistema
Internet

"BigCommerce is efficient and uncomplicated"

What do you like best?

I'll cite the lightness and simplicity of design. You can use the template files that are provided and with them you can create extremely functional and clean websites with little coding, resulting in a fast loading website that will immediately please your customers.

What do you dislike?

The lack of the AND feature is really a flaw, currently when creating product options for pricing and availability BigCommerce offers only the OR function. If you added the AND function this would result in a versatility in the options for certain products and would facilitate the registration procedure

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an intuitive and uncomplicated e-commerce platform that allows you to create a clean, simple and fast loading site, but at the same time have security, quality and offer a good amount of payment methods, BigCommerce is a great alternative, it will offer all this to you and for a fair price.

BigCommerce was the e-commerce platform chosen by our company to create our sales site, one of the reasons BigCommerce chose was its simplicity and intuitiveness, with it we achieved what we were looking for, an efficient platform that would allow us, among other things, to create an easy catalog for the consumer and also offer differentiated price options according to a determined predetermined rule.

Account Executive

"A web store solution that's easy to use with professional performance"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is thankfully easy to use, yet provides us with just about all of the capabilities we need in a web store platform. One of the more convenient features for me is the ability to import spreadsheets with product information. The information can essentially be converted to actual store items in our BigCommerce account. That's a really big time-saving feature that could obviously be more useful as you have more products to manage. The templates that are available for BigCommerce are often professional and engaging. I don't really think we can go wrong with many of the templates I've seen.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other e-commerce solutions, BigCommerce's basic pricing seems to be higher. As far as the platform's performance goes though, I can't pick out anything that I dislike much about it. If someone is perhaps extremely out of touch with internet products like this, then I could see how they might find BigCommerce hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think BigCommerce can be used effectively for simple and advanced stores. It's probably one of the better online shopping platforms to go with since it's so flexible and has intuitive design and management tools that can just about anyone can use.

We've benefited from BigCommerce's stable design, store management and payment processing platform. The customer support team has helped us tremendously with getting certain store settings set up properly. I think we could ultimately figure most issues out with the website and community resources available online, but it's nice to be able to reach out to the support team to resolve issues almost immediately. We have been able to sell many products, both physical and digital, through BigCommerce.

"Perfect for Companies With Full Control Over Inventory (non drop shippers)"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and streamlined the order processing is. Not having to manage a server gives us time to focus on selling. There is an unlimited amount of flexibility for those who have a software developer on staff.

What do you dislike?

The functionality is somewhat limited to the partners BigCommerce has chosen to integrate with if you are not a developer. The system doesn't seem to fit nicely with people who do phone orders. When not having control of stock it's best not to capture funds up front tying up money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research company structure and order processing extensively before committing to make sure it aligns with your goals. Ask presales questions about the obstacles you currently have to make sure they don't come up later. Document your process extensively and share it with them to make sure you can do the same and more with their platform.

Customer ordering, returns, landing pages, marketing, are all things we use it for. Ecommerce platforms have evolved significantly and BigCommerce has refined the process. They do have a good amount of activity on their plugin page so there is plenty of functionality to choose from.

Blogger

"BigCommerce review is fair enough"

What do you like best?

I can say it's easier to use it than any of its competitors used for eCommerce. They are of course not the best, but to a very high scale, they are fair. Payment can be accepted from a variety of choices. They have several integrations and many features to users. BigCommerce also takes great care of your security, far better than their counterparts does. it can handle as much traffic volume you can ever get, in case you have really large customers. The support line is 24 hours, and they attend quite promptly in no time. In summary, BigCommerce is a viable option for consideration if you're intending to start selling online

What do you dislike?

Bigcommerce is more expensive than rivals, the more you earn on it, the more you pay. Not only that, BigCommerce is a little biased by having more features only to the US, than the other part of the word. I feel others too deserve to enjoy the good things it has. Customization is challenging. It is not very easy to build with it unless you're a pro. Certain limitations also apply to it, unlike others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can't be affordable. So if you've got the money, it's a go then. It's absolutely a viable and of course reliable option that you can go for if you want to start selling online. And of course, it's worth the price.

It has contributed in a good way of building my eCommerce business. I got seamless integrations with it and it's absolutely profitable.

Commercial Manager

"Sturdy platform, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Big Commerce is a very easy-to-use platform that anyone can learn and use. Ability to manage more than 100 products, as well as 100 + promotional codes. It's simple and convenient to operate. The configuration of the interface is quite large, and anyone who knows CSS and HTML can easily edit the system. This gives you the opportunity to add the sensation of your company to the entire site and makes the transition from other CMS invisible. Excellent customer service, ease of use and a solid platform.

What do you dislike?

They used to have an application on which I could watch sales and orders on my phone, but they do not offer it anymore. And I would be very helpful, not enough of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After extensive search and marketing research, I chose BigCommerce and is very satisfied with my decision. This seems to be a very good platform for beginning and growth. There are several levels available, and the platform can grow with your company.

Bigcommerce allowed me to create a more professional website without spending a lot of money.

President
Sporting Goods

"BigCommerce is great, but not for everyone"

What do you like best?

While Bigcommerce is not the best platform out there, in my opinion, it get the job done for most. There are too many levels to the platform. Out of the box they offer a lot of functionality to list and sell products but managing that data is whole different animal.

What do you dislike?

If Bigcommerce was not so app (third-party) dependant it would much better. In order to manage the data you have to use multiple third party apps to run your business. Two things that you can count on when using bigcommerce is that you will need an accounting platform, which you would need almost any system, and a shipping platform, if you are selling physical products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While there are a lot of ecommerce systems in the market. BigCommerce does solve a number of the basic to advanced problems that come with ecom systems. My recommendation for using this platform would be to have some sort of ERP system to run your accounting and manage your sales from then using something like shipstation connected to the ERP to manage shipments. This will make your life much easier.

One problem that bigcommerce solves is the structure of the data within your ecom efforts. Information that search engines need to list your business is found in the right spots, provided you have filled the information in within the system. I am speaking to SEO and when some searches your business, how the search engines display your result within them.

Tarot Consultant
Consumer Services
(Myself Only)

"Lots of Features"

What do you like best?

Very full functioned, has tons of options. Of all the platforms I have used it has the best variety of options.

What do you dislike?

The price overwhelmingly was the part that turned me off. Lots of value to be sure, but maybe not the best option for a store that hasn't been established for a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a bit of a learning curve in getting it to do what you want, but the support is really top notch. Lots of options from digital products to setting up shipping options easily. Ties in really well to programs like MailChimp making it super easy to keep customers updated on sales.

This by far had the most features, and when I did get sales it was easy to work with. But at the end of the day I was not doing a high enough volume of sales starting out to justify the price. I wish that there more of an in-between with features/price for lower volume stores starting out.

HR
Media Production

""Quick, simple to setup with cutting edge customization."""

What do you like best?

I like that you can mass alter and furthermore at long last erase old items off your site. I like the intuitive component while including item pictures. The capacity to seek by name, telephone number, email, or request number truly helps when you don't have a clue about all the data for a client. This is because of a scope of the IP's they utilize being boycotted by SpamHaus. So I needed to setup the MX and TXT records for demarc and utilize their mail server.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an approach to channel your physically confirmed requests that are set. Additionally the alternatives settings could be less demanding. Wish it was less demanding to add a clients new data to recently made record. Reconciliation with Office365, is not exactly perfect. In the wake of changing to O365 for trade, the majority of our request affirmation messages were getting boycotted.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After broad inquiry and promoting research, I picked BigCommerce and is exceptionally happy with my choice. This is by all accounts a decent stage for starting and development.

When conveying request messages through the O365 mail server, they get ricochet backs in view of an IP boycotting. In any case, experiencing their mail server there is no problems.Bigcommerce enabled me to make an increasingly proficient site without spending a ton of cash.

Account Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Wonderful platform with which nice to increase trade."

What do you like best?

I can create my site as I want. I have the most open control of payments and shipping. The opportunity to drive more movement, convert more guest and with no problem selling on plural channels from a single position.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad problems with this software. I guess everything works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this platform, you will build an amazing online store by using the latest features. You will have the best experience for search rankings, quicker page loads and higher converting. Also with analytics system, you will see your important metrics.

For us, it is the big time saver. Great to have full control the online sales way of our company. With this platform, we can increase trade, upgrade our business and try to new channels. It is really easy to study and designed to grow with our company.

Business Owner
Retail

"BigCommerce has grown my business by leaps and bounds"

What do you like best?

The variety of features available, the excellent customer service and the constant enhancements offered by this platform. BigCommerce keeps the consumer in mind and works hard to help its users to run a profitable business. It is very competitive and stays on top in the market.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to mind at all. If I were to be forced to find something I dislike, I would have to say

it is not being able to send a message to the customer in the shipping notification email/message. This feature was previously available but with one of the enhancements it became no longer available.

One is able to send a message via the printed packing slip but unfortunately I do not utilize this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. You will not regret it. The learning curve is very short and you will be pleased with the excellent customer service and the progressive thinking shown by the BigCommerce software.

Being able to get my products before customers without the need for a mortar and brick store.

BigCommerce has allowed me to sell my products nationwide and I have benefited majorly from the many features the platform offer, the excellent customer service and the ongoing enhancements to the platform - there is always something new and exciting with BigCommerce.

Owner
Retail

"I'm glad I made the switch"

What do you like best?

BC is more e-commerce focused for businesses at any level. From small start ups to large scale companies. The growth possibilities are endless from multiple selling platform integrations, email lists, customer accounts, wholesale accounts, coupon codes for customers, customer driven product recommendations, professional looking site, AMAZING customer service, and the list goes on. The analytics alone are amazing. I feel as if I am looking at google analytics. They are very thorough and have thought of almost everything.

What do you dislike?

The price is high ,but honestly, I've never been happier with my website. I also would love to have an email address for customers that leave feedback. I believe it's important to respond to both positive and negative reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They say you get what you pay for. Very true. I made a huge jump in how much I paid when I switched over, but honestly I should have done it sooner. It had every feature I needed for an ecommerce business.

I now have endless options for growth. There are many features that I don't need currently, but have the option of growing into later without paying more.

Business Consultant

"The top choice for eCommerce platforms - LOTS of integrations"

What do you like best?

There are quite a few unique themes to choose from. The designers and community have really made some great looking sites to represent my brand. Customer support is absolutely amazing. They are dedicated and knowledgeable about the best options for me, not the most expensive. And speaking of cost, BigCommerce is insanely scalable. The platform can handle a huge number of orders.

What do you dislike?

There are limited CSS alterations. I have tried to make some style changes that are definitely hidden due to the proprietary nature of the theme I bought. Since I already pay for the site, paying for the app seems kind of unnecessary and I haven't downloaded it because it's not free. I use Zoho for the rest of my business including their CRM and email. (I'd prefer BigCommerce to be my one-stop shop, but a guy can dream)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about ALL the things you want to do: Sell on Amazon, sell on eBay, sell on etsy, sell on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, newsletters, make ads, show reviews on the site, have a live social media feed... the list really is endless. If you can find all of those elsewhere (spoiler: you can't) then go for it. You'll come back to BigCommerce. To be honest, their customer service is incredible!

Creating a hub for education of product using partner add-ons has been incredibly easy with the vast number of 3rd party partners. The options are nearly endless and the integrations keep growing. Just got notified today about selling on Instagram soon. Very proactive. We've been able to generate leads through our efforts with Big Commerce, as well as selling on social channels. Love this company.