ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now

(2,508)

From basic payroll and helping with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, to managing employees across borders, ADP Workforce Now is a simple, powerful solution that helps companies with 50 or more employees improve their business performance.

Work for ADP Workforce Now?

Learning about Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Ask Workforce Now a Question
Showing 2,508 Workforce Now reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP Workforce Now
Aimee J.

"Highly Satisfied"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce Now is extremely user friendly, intuitive and current. I love the many support resources that ADP has to offer (The Bridge, Learn@ADP, ADP SmartCompliance - to name a few). Additionally, ADP Workforce Now is continuously improving and expanding. I always look forward to the updates and appreciate that they listen to client feedback when designing updates. I truly enjoy using ADP Workforce Now!

What do you dislike?

There are some minor quirks in the system that really should be looked at. There's always a workaround and you can still complete the necessary tasks, but it seems there should be a better way. Again, these are minor quirks and that's probably why they go under the radar but every time I have to perform a workaround, I wish they would just fix it already. Work smarter, not harder :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP Workforce Now is a great product and I highly recommend it. Spend time researching the product and all it has to offer to ensure you get the features best suited for your company. Also, ask ADP to put you in touch with a few existing clients. This is a great way to get open and honest feedback from actual users.

We are in the process of transitioning to a completely paperless on-boarding process thanks to the new and improved On-Boarding feature in ADP Workforce Now!

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Holly P.

"Our One-Stop Shop for Payroll and HR"

What do you like best?

We enjoy having many different features/systems/modules integrated into one platform. ADP has provided features and solutions to meet the needs of most businesses, and for us they have certainly delivered on that. We also really appreciate that they stay at the forefront of emerging trends and technological advances within the broader payroll and banking industry, as that is important to our organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we struggle a bit with not having the level of customization that we need. As a result, our sales and service team at ADP is always open to hearing our feedback and looking for additional ways and workarounds to solve these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has essentially been able to work out a solution to every major issue we've come across. They work hard to keep our business and regularly check in with us to ensure our needs our being met and we are satisfied with the level of service we are receiving. For our organization, we've found that WFN combined with all of the various carrier connections, vendor feeds, and APIs that we utilize, has been quite sufficient for helping us to execute department initiatives and continue to improve our service model and processes.

With ADP WFN, we've been able to automate essentially all of our payroll and HR processes, and by streamlining it through the system we've seen an increase in efficiency as well as an assurance of compliance and internal controls which protect the business from unnecessary exposure.

Chris H.

"Good product for large clients"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features and capabilities. There are sufficient amounts of different types of reports and the ability to call in to get help with custom reporting.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem like they tailor as much to smaller companies. We have 400 employees and often are told we are not large enough for some of the higher end features, even if we upgraded to another product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have all of your plans for future HR programs in place or at least ready to discuss with ADP prior to signing to ensure they will be able to meet your needs. We weren't as specific as we should have been on some items that needed to be done a certain way and have had a hard time getting it to work out.

We have been able to get a more robust payroll solution to meet our needs. Another benefit is the Bridge where we can talk with other ADP users to get input or advice on many WFN items.

Linda L.

"Why use anything else?"

What do you like best?

Compliance is a key issue and ADP is an invaluable tool for maintaining it. The application is easy to use, and will remind you in the application of key issues that need to be addressed when certain changes are made.

What do you dislike?

The updates come fast and furious, but bugs are fixed usually within a reasonable amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the best. Anything else will waste your time and money. ADP can handle more of your needs than you even think it can. I cannot imagine processing payroll without it. The knowledge base of the customer service representatives is immense. This company has been doing business dependably and accurately for longer than most businesses remain open. The computer systems and backups keep your employee's information safe. Just the ability to access it by administrators and employees from almost any computer is a huge benefit.

Local tax compliance, report generating on demand. When I change an employee's address, ADP reminds me to check their local tax code as well. This was a complicated mess made easy! Our company transfers employee's hours to different departments weekly so the reports generated by ADP are invaluable in that respect. The "Field Grabber" for use in creating reports is a miracle! I can design any report I need with ease, and I don't have to look through a lot of different terms to figure out what data i need to put on the report.

Dawn C.

"Custom Reporting is the Best"

What do you like best?

I have used 10 different payroll systems over the course of my career and I think that the custom reporting tool in Workforce Now is the best tool out there.

What do you dislike?

Downside is that you cannot view critical setup information on ADP's mainframe. It seems like this gets a little better with each system update ADP does but it's not yet where it needs to be. Not being able to view information such as pay code taxability, or deduction code reporting on the W2, means you have to call their client services line and ask the rep to relay to you what they see which is not always reliable and is definitely inefficient.

There is no automatic reminder email that goes out to employees and their managers to remind them to complete and approve their timecards each week or pay period. This is still a manual process.

One downside to custom reporting is that you cannot pull employer-paid taxes, by employee, into any report. Reports showing this information are only produced by ADP on a quarterly basis, and only in a PDF format.

Payroll, Time Off, Time & Attendance, and HR activities have been integrated in one system. There are also carrier connections set up to our various health insurance carriers. Automated file feeds have been set up to some of our other vendors for 401k participant/contribution information and to our stock equity vendor for YTD taxable wage info for their tax calculations.

Teresa C.

"good but not great"

What do you like best?

I love that my batches remain in the system and that the health premium piece for the W2 reporting at the end of the year is fairly easy to report also the batch spreadsheets are fairly easy to use as well. Love that the calculation process is a very quick one and that we are not waiting forever for it to do its calculation process.

What do you dislike?

The system is not always user friendly and I really hate that when you call their customer support line you almost always get directed to someone over seas which is HORRIBLE!!! I Also dislike the fact that you can't hit the enter button or the arrows buttons to move around easily in the spreadsheet batches when entering payroll information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and check out multiple companies to be sure you are getting the company that works best for your company. ADP is a good company however, I feel there may be other companies out there that are equally as good or better.

A benefit is that the payroll batch spreadsheets are fairly easy to use and are saved to reuse the very next payroll process cycle for which I am very thankful and is a real benefit and makes my job much easier. We have not had any real issues to solve as of yet. However, there is always the possibility that they will appear before we know it.

Laura D.

"ADP is Always Making it Easier and Easier"

What do you like best?

I like how ADP does updates to make processes and reports easier and easier. The custom reports "Field Grabber" is extremely useful and allows me to run any report I need. I also love how easy it is to add employees, terminate, and review timesheets in ADP.

What do you dislike?

Making "position status = active" should be a 1 click, more readily available option when running reports. I also have struggles running reports for a certain date in time in the past, and getting accurate information who was active back then. A lot of times if I am running a reports for say March of 2018, it will give all employees who are active now, but not active then.

There are no current problems I am solving with ADP now. I've noticed many benefits in the Reporting. Also, with the Bridge, I can figure out usually what I am looking for.

Mary N.

"Against the grain"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the face to face interaction with the Pro Summit!! Through the years I've only heard all of the negatives about ADP and still managed to remain positive (on most days) in regard to ADP and it's benefit to companies. At the Pro Summit, it truly is a "human" experience which has broadened my expectations and exceeded them, more now considering all of the features that have been available all along. When you get through and see all of the layers, it brings to light just how complex the system really is, but also very simple to manage when done properly. I titled this review "Against the grain" because many see ADP as a daunting system, but I disagree, especially now...

What do you dislike?

I would have to say the 800# customer service line where you get people who don't show the same appreciation as the reps seen today at the Pro Summit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be Intentional with your time when looking into ADP WFN and really focus on understanding the system before you reject it for appearing complicated.

The major benefit is housing all info in one central location (for the most part). Employee data is readily accessible.

Robert F.

"ADP WFN - 8 Months in"

What do you like best?

The most useful part of WFN is that you can manage nearly all HR functions with one portal. Once you have the modules setup and running they work very well and make my daily tasks much easier.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful part of WFN is that it seems to be complicated in some areas just for the sake of being complicated. My main example is the Onboarding module, what should be a very simple task of having the HR practitioner control everything through WFN including the I9, W4, emergency contacts, etc is made more complex by having the reports to manager control the HR functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make things more simple, do not restrict how certain items work.

The recruitment module works well enough, some of the metrics should be changed so we can measure the date the candidate accepts the job offer. The employee document management, compensation items and review system are all very robust.

Lindsey W.

"An easy way to keep payroll and company information together."

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my weekly work hours and estimate my check before it is deposited into my bank account. You can also see tax forms and manage your health insurance benefits all in one location. you can also access employee discount websites from the same location. Everything work related is all in one spot. If you worked at a company that had ADP before it will keep all your information from the past as well to access which is nice, especially for tax information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that as an employee you have to go to a manage if you forget to clock in or out of the system when logging hours. You can add a note but not insert the actual time you have to have someone else log in to change or add time. If you have used ADP at a company before you do have to contact an administrator to get you new login information which is sometimes difficult to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great way to keep employee information all in one location with easy access. If you worked at a company that had ADP before it will keep all your information from the past as well to access which is nice, especially for tax information.

The benefits I have realized is that all your pay stubs and tax forms are all in 1 location when you need to access them. you no longer have to go to Human Resources to figure out pay, benefits or tax information.

Christina P.

"Ease of Use and Great Knowledge"

What do you like best?

The support line has been a tremendous help along with the many webinars available. It has allowed our offices to better utilize the ADP system to pull reports and gather information.

What do you dislike?

Not having access to all of the modules is a bit frustrating because I feel that we could benefit from some of the recruitment and performance management information. However, our company was not willing to pay for these resources when we initially started using ADP and not sure how our parent company will decide to integrate this information into the system.

We are incorporating more information onto the system to make it easier for managers and HR personnel to access employee data. It also allows for more visibility for the employees as well. Hoping to add in self service for benefits administration to go live by early next year for Open Enrollment procedures.

Jonathan C.
View Original July 13, 2018

"Better options available"

What do you like best?

ADP has a lot of different add-on's that you can purchase, like COBRA processing (outsourced to WageWorks), Comprehensive Benefits and HR Solutions, Payroll, Background checks, etc. Most of the different add-on's are plug and play, meaning you can select them and they're easily configurable to your system.

I did like the way the payroll dashboard displayed various aspects of where we were in Payroll and some key metrics, like the total number of pays, employees who aren't getting paid, etc. I also liked the payroll comparison feature that allowed me to compare a previous payroll against the current one to ensure I didn't miss something. Most of my employees are salaried and payroll typically is pretty standard.. so if I saw a variance I knew something was wrong.

What do you dislike?

Getting data out of the system is troublesome. In some cases, like creating custom fields and entering data, you have to wait for 24 hours before the field is updated in the reporting repository. When something goes wrong, and it usually will, getting technical support is an issue. ADP is a big company and finding the right area for support is troublesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really focus on their customer support to make sure you're going to be able to get the right level of support you need.

We switched to ADP HR and Benefits in 2014 after using them for Payroll for a much longer period of time. Shortly after we switched to ADP, we change our Recruitment platform due to functionality issues with ADP and also Performance Management. With ADP, we were able to keep our HR department small as they handled COBRA, Benefit Administration, Background Checks, etc. for us.

Sherry W.

"ADP Preparing New Report to Customers to Comply with New EEO-1 Compensation Reporting"

What do you like best?

Customers can make recommendations for new services and features to respond to compliance issues such as the new EEO-1 requirement for 2017 and 2018 compensation records regarding pay equity.

What do you dislike?

We are still waiting for a process to calculate overtime to include commissions earned in the prior month but paid in the next month. The Department of Labor requires that commissions must be included in the calculation of overtime for the month they are earned. We comply with this requirement by manually calculating and importing our spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implemnt the first of the year or on the quarter.

Reconciliation of our benefits invoicing, salary planning, compensation equity, streamline management reporting and automation of timecard processing. Recruitnig has been impacted the most with managers having access to a resume database, ability to track applicants, post positions and complete the hiring process online.

Alayna F.

"Useful but needs some improvements"

What do you like best?

Time tracking and payroll systems are heavily used, so that's what I prefer and am most familiar with. Time and attendance is relatively easy to use and they have improved it by a long shot over the last couple years - even within the last 6ish months. The ACA compliance section is beautifully laid out and looks like it should work well but in reality displays incorrect or missing information, and I am not sure why.

What do you dislike?

Benefit tracking system is confusing and very cluttered. I think set up could have been done much better. Vacation accruals don't always accrue as they should, and any employee changing FT or PT status has a lot of steps to go through that I think could be eliminated. ACA compliance is not good, but I understand because that legislation is still being understood. Timecard visuals are a little clunky and I usually have to review with staff when they are looking at it for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a plan in place for the way you want systems to look so that ADP can work with you to make paths and systems clear. Sometimes things are more complicated than necessary and there is some clutter, especially around benefit management, department groups and company codes.

Payroll services are streamlined, the ADP mobile app allows employees to track many of their own needs, like timecards, paychecks, vacation accruals, sick accruals, benefit deductions, timecard errors, and more.

Regina R.

"ADP Workforce Now - USER"

What do you like best?

What I like about most is the ability to update my info so quickly, and the ability to look at my information so quickly. I am not able to get my pay info anytime I want to, where as previously, I had to request this information from our managers . This year, we implemented the benefits self service as well. It was a great experience and the step by step process made it easy to chose the options that I wanted. I love the ease and availability of use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about it is when I go into log on to the program sometimes it times out and takes a long time to connect. I am unsure if this is a network issue on my end or if the program has been inundated with users, but that would be the main dislike for me as a user.

Overall, I have not had the opportunity to see much that I dislike. Everything that I am offered through work has been easy to use with ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this program for all businesses looking to help your employees get their information accurately and efficiently. Using ADP Workforce Now has been a lifesaver for all of our employees

We have gone from having to enter employee information by hand to now allowing our employees to enter into the system to manage their own needs and info. For so long we had to request any and all information to the managers, and this could take closer to 1 week due to schedules and availability.

Roger M T.

"ADP Workforce Now - The number 1 for payroll"

What do you like best?

payroll payments, never before were so simple, Infosys have hundreds of bills to pay every day, thanks to ADP, we have a quick and easy to use solution, for the payment of accounts to our employees, and payments to third parties They are presented daily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have too many options, you do not know what each one is for, or you just do not need to use it, this sometimes makes the work that is being done slower, and a lot of time is lost, sometimes it is necessary to have many tabs open, and this is uncomfortable, when what you need to do is a quick and easy work, for bills or payments, that need a lot of information and details is fine, but when it is simple, leaves much to be desired.

You save a lot of time for payments and creation of payroll accounts, with ADP, everything is simple, and you avoid an amount of unnecessary paperwork that only occupies space in the offices.

Linda C P.

"A Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can access the system anytime from anywhere. It's very user friendly. The guides are great as a backup support, along with the screenshots to help you feel at ease that you are following instructions precisely & in the proper menu. The customer service is also fantastic! They are quick to assist and ensure your payroll is processed properly.

What do you dislike?

Having more access rights to implement last minute coding & be able to tell the system if something is cumulative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This web based application is very user friendly. Once you understand where to maneuver around the different menus, it's a breeze to use. If you have a last minute entry prior to processing you can log in from anywhere at any time to make the necessary changes!

We are currently using ADP Workforce Now for payroll processing, tax preparation & filings, as well as year-end W2s. By being able to consolidate these tasks using ADP's service, we have better time management to perform other duties our employer may require.

Kanhaiya A.

"Works at its best"

What do you like best?

1. Review time cards

2. Past pay rolls

3. Request time off

4. Cross-platform.

5. Link DD account

The software displays analytics in real-time and you can create customized spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and reports. The app is fully web-based and offers to host along with your package, featuring server audits and regular security backups. You can minimize administrative duties and errors with real-time payroll calculations. Plus, it’s possible to leverage the help of compliance experts to get more peace of mind.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies.

Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze.

Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday.

Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications.

Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

What do you dislike?

Zero dislike.

It does what's needed. However, the mobile app needs more user simplicity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and its features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies.

Helps stay compliant with employee across multiple jurisdiction.

Reporting at first class, standard and custom reporting.

Abilities for analysis.

Jennifer C.

"HR Manager experienced with multiple payroll/hr systems"

What do you like best?

Great support, even though some of the processes are very convoluted, it is out of necessity to be able to have so many awesome functions to keep things together in one system. Once the system is customized & in place, it is user friendly, when/if things are not operating as you anticipated them to, your support to better understand and/or make necessary changes is extremely ready & helpful.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge technology competent person, as I am in my late 40's & I didn't grow up with computers.. so basically self taught through my many years of management. As I mentioned above; some of the processes are so intricate & detailed on the back end to work properly; I am limited to being able to fully understand some things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for a one stop shop!

Payroll, Employee Annual reviews, 90-Day probationary reviews, employee notes, employee document storage & organization, etc.

Robin C.

"Working with ADP Workforce "

What do you like best?

When I get an ADP rep that I can understand clearly and they seem to want to make sure all my questions and needs are addressed.

I love the instant preview process & being able to see in real time info on our employees.

What do you dislike?

On occasion I will get an ADP rep that I have trouble understanding and therefore I'm not 100% sure that they fully understand my question or needs.

The connection between adding states for Workers Comp and the renewal. I will receive emails saying my Work Comp policy is available for download and for all the years I can remember, the download is never there on the portal. I have to call ADP Insurance dept & ask them to resend. Which is what I need to do after this review as my policy is not there to upload for 2019.

Wish there were HSA limits to set to help me stay on track to avoid overfunding someone's HSA account, i.e. like there are for 401k deferrals.

Pay by Pay has helped tremendously to spread out the annual premiums for Work Comp

Beth L.

"ADP meets our ever changing needs"

What do you like best?

Our employee population is growing by leaps and bounds and at a rapid pace, as is our HR, Payroll and employee needs. No matter what our growth is, ADP will always provide a tool that helps us meet that need.

They are forever expanding, updating and restructuring their systems to change with this fast paced world.

What do you dislike?

I find that when ADP does an upgrade it sometimes affects the browser I use and I find myself changing browsers to accommodate the upgrades.

Our employees have difficulty navigating in ADP's mobile app. Some complaints are that they can only see so much on their device, sometimes the scrolling doesn't perform well, it is slow, it constantly kicks them out, they cannot see all of the information on the screen. Unfortunately, we get many complaints regarding the mobile app.

We are utilizing the HRB, Payroll, Time Off, Time and Attendance and the Employee portals. All of which makes coordination and tracking of employee information much easier.

The Employee self portal is a blessing and very user friendly. This has benefited our agency as there are many tasks that are done on the portal now rather than on paper.

Kayla F.

"ADP Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

ADP does a wonderful job in the Payroll world. Always up to date on the ever changing environment that is employee payroll. I also enjoy the ADP reporting tool. Whenever we have a need for a new report the reporting hotline is always available and very quick to respond. Most new reports take under 48 hours to write and review for our company. We ask for a lot of complex reporting with our staffing situation. We also enjoy our mobile app. Our employees who get logged in think it is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the benefits portion of ADP. I feel that the people who are our contacts do not know enough about payroll and how the benefit piece works within payroll to make everything connected. Often times when I am adding new benefit plans at the new year, our benefits specialist doesn't know enough in the payroll department to make the changes that we need. We have now every year had to go back and adjust employees payroll because the benefits implementation person did not know how to set the benefits up correctly to not charge our employees for employer covered benefits. Also, how ACA measurement periods are set up is not conducive to a high turnover environment. We need more options when we have acquisitions with multiple companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be proactive in the implementation phase. Know what your issues were in the last system you were using and address those concerns head on. Be knowledgeable in the end product. What you want to see and how you know to get there. Make sure you are proactive in questions and recommendations for your platform. Pick out problem areas ahead of time and walk through them in implementation.

We are solving a big issue with our tax preparation and knowledge as well as our WOTC information.

Celeste B.

"Recommending ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce Now is user-friendly, making my daily time charging a fast and easy task. I can also easily find past timesheets when needed and can look up past paychecks and check my accrued personal time off. ADP Workforce Now makes it easy to manage my team's daily timesheets. ADP Workforce Now is always available using the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as easy to use as it is on a computer. It's harder to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend ADP Workforce Now if you need a high quality software for keeping track of your time and attendance as well as your payroll and other HR needs.

Our business is government contracted, so it is mandatory for all employees to precisely manage our daily and hourly time charging. Being able to locate the correct charge codes is a must and ADP Workforce Now enables me to do that without issues. When I am away from the office, I can easily revise or approve my timesheet using the mobile app when necessary.

Jamie H.

"ADP is awesome"

What do you like best?

So i have many reasons why i like ADP Workforce now. The top reasons are; I can review my time card as well as review past pay rolls as well and request time off all on one website. Having access and ability to link my bank account for direct deposit is pretty awesome too.

What do you dislike?

To be honest when it comes to ADP Workforce i have zero complaints. I think i have only had one instance where i forgot my password and had issues with retrieving it. But it was manageable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a easy to use system. I also recommend looking at everything you can. The more you know about the system the more simple it becomes to use.

I have no business problems with ADP. And about a year into using it i realized that there was an area in which i had access to benefits and deals with car rentals and hotel deals. Its a pretty neat feature that i am still yet to try out.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Videos

Learning about ADP Workforce Now?

* We monitor all ADP Workforce Now reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.