DocuWare

DocuWare stands for professional DocumentManagement and provides its customers with all the elements they need for efficient

Work for DocuWare?

Learning about DocuWare?

DocuWare Reviews

Ask DocuWare a Question
Showing 60 DocuWare reviews
Heideh S.

"My Adoration of DocuWare "

What do you like best?

There is so much I truly like about DocuWare. This is a program I Proudly stand behind and highly recommend. I like that it brings transparency, accountability, ease of use, ease of configuration and ease of searching for documents {especially full text search}

What do you dislike?

One crucial option w are patiently waiting for is the ability to Mass Stamp or Mass Decision, this is not yet available, But I know it is in the blueprint for an upcoming version, this is one feature which would save my teams even more time. Secondly the feature I would like to soon see would be the ability to filter result lists and workflow tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time during configuration, Ask many questions, If this then what?, if that then what?, ask about rarities and one offs

We have significantly reduced cost by virtually omitting the use of paper, coping, collating not to mention the savings not having to send out 3 FedEx overnight packages each week to different 6 locations across North America. Now imagine when a package gets lost, the time & effort to recreate... DocuWare has made this issue obsolete for us.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DocuWare
Rodney P.

"DocuWare increases efficiency and productivity of dealing with documents throughout our organization"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the DocuWare system in general. I like the increased visibility of documents for the users who need them and the improved security for protecting documents from users who shouldn't see them. I like the robustness and the flexibility of the DocuWare system and the many options for integrating the document availability into other line-of-business applications. With the addition of Forms and Digital Workflows, DocuWare is the only ECM system you will ever need.

What do you dislike?

I do wish DocuWare did a better job of automatically grouping (clipping and/or stapling) similar documents, based on key index fields, when indexing and storing documents. This is currently a very "manual" process when dealing with a large batches of dissimilar document types.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to plan your required file cabinets, document volumes, and retention policies in the beginning. This effort will pay off in the long run with a more efficient and more maintainable document management solution.

We use DocuWare to handle document management activities in every department throughout our organization. DocuWare has improved the accuracy of filing and storing documents, greatly decreased the time it takes to locate documents at a later time, and improved the visibility of documents for the appropriate users. DocuWare has greatly increased our efficiency and productivity when dealing with traditional "document-based" processes.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

Michelle L.

"Docuware - It is great if you can manage it!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use for document storage, retrieval, and such. I like it much more than Fortis, which is the old program we converted from. I use scan, document trays, and import. It's easy to edit the index labels on a bunch of documents at once, which I love!

What do you dislike?

The system is complicated, not to mention expensive, if you want to use it for anything beyond the basics. It requires quite a bit of configuring if you'd like to use any of the additional features. Furthermore, our "partner" company probably doesn't even remember that we have DocuWare - it's an afterthought, and even the smallest change to the system takes a LOT of effort and meetings to get someone who can do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework. Perhaps consider going directly through DocuWare rather than using a partner if you want to use all of the features!!!

We use Docuware for Document storage, but not much else as of now. I see that there are lots of really interesting modules such as Intelligent Indexing, Workflow, etc, but unfortunately we don't have anyone in IT on staff who has time to experiment with the modules. Furthermore, we're a small company and we just don't have the budget to afford all of the modules!

George M.

"Using DocuWare for Documents management and workflows Automation."

What do you like best?

This software automates workflows and processes with alot of speed and simplicity thus it's less time consuming.

Removes manual and tedious tasks for team member hence they are able to put more focus on projects to yield high productivity and profits.

Making changes on documents and workflows is more easier with DocuWare.

I enjoy working with the drop and drag functionality of this software.

Documents management is made much simpler by DocuWare.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way the pricing models of this software isn't indicated on their website compared to it's competitor who publishes their pricing plans on their websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would recommend it for ECM and EDM.

We solves the problems of document management and workflows automation using DocuWare to bring efficiency and productivity within our organization.

Easy to manage contents within our organization.

James P.

"Extensive software for digital storage of documents"

What do you like best?

So many methods and integration options for storage, retrieval, and archiving of documents. Automation of indexing data on documents being stored makes this a very powerful solution to many typical needs we have been trying to solve.

What do you dislike?

There have been some instances when the reading of data on a document does not always correctly interpret values correctly requiring users to review failures. This can happen more often than we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine the needs of your business and retention policies prior to implementation to properly size your solution. Think ahead to make the best decisions on which features you will need upon initial deployment so that you can complete everything without needing to later purchase add ons which could delay your best roll out.

Problems that Docuware has solved for us include the elimination of paper file retention that can become very overwhelming in short periods of time. Along with this there is a large time savings with personnel as they are no longer spending large amounts of time sorting and filing paper documents.

Daniel J.

"Best online file cabinet and document processing system I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Offer on-premise and cloud-based solutions. HIPAA-enabled. Using forms to capture new client data has made our office much more efficient; workflows, too. Integrations with external applications are made possible so that we can add information from a main system or search in DocuWare using criteria from the main system.

What do you dislike?

Very Microsoft-heavy — Connect to Outlook module is powerful; would love to see Connect to Mail (or create a Connect to GMail) be made more powerful. Would like to see integrations with Zapier to be made possible. Continue to share additional how-to content on YouTube.

Streamlined new patient forms process so that patients can enter info from their screen (computer, tablet, or phone) and submit directly into our office. Saves paper, removes friction in the new patient on-boarding process.

Richard M.

"Awesome in organization and sharing of documents "

What do you like best?

Docuware is a software that I'd very reliable for sharing documents to anyone at any location.

It helps to keep track of all documents,paper and electronic documents that ate shared to other users.

Its workflow automation is very rady and it incorporates workflows which are applied on any file to keep team members on task and updated .

It is a secure software as it has locks that can be implemented on user hence keeping documents safe.

It also has an interface that is user friendly and that is easy on the eyes.

Dovuware helps to perform different multiple tasks in multiple documents without leaving the site

What do you dislike?

Considering that it had helped inso many ways regarding sharing and managing documents I have not experienced a defect on this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a software that you can depend on for security of your documents and for organization and management of your files.

Tracking documents.

Enhancing the security of very important documents.

Sharing documents I'd made easier and faster.

Allowing multiple tasks to be done on documents

peris s.

"Incredible administrative tool"

What do you like best?

I prefer this tool over its competitor due to its user friendly dashboard that is easy to use. It was quick to learn how to use the software and connecting it to our existing system was not difficult.

The software can be tailor to meet the expectations of the company with less effort.

I love the fact that I can access data everywhere since the software can be installed in various devices.

What do you dislike?

I have no complains about this software though customer support is sometimes slow and you may remain stuck over a small issue for a long time.

This platform have make it easy to file and retrieve document. The bulkness of paper work have greatly reduce and this have enhance efficiency and productivity.

This software have enhance document security and integrity.

Document reliability have been greatly enhanced since you can access the data with various internet enabled device and this have really enable us to collaborate with our remote workers faster.

Dominik W.

"professional solution"

What do you like best?

Simplicity at its core. DocuWare is like using an iPhone. You open the Webclient and you know how to retrieve and store a document. Approving documents weather on mobile or computer has never been easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish that DocuWare offered all the desktop apps for Mac. Today they offer only a few.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start small, learn the product and then add more processes and users. By doing so you will really benefit from the system and will learn all its features and understand how you can adapt it to your needs.

We started using DocuWare for simple store and retrieve purposes. After six month we implemented digital workflows. Now DocuWare helped us to get rid of most of the paper in the offices. The biggest benefits for my organization are: time saving and proper focus of the teams. We are not focusing on searching for paper any more. We focus on getting the work done. DocuWare helped us get smarter in what we do.

Julius K.

"Enterprise Content Management is made easy by DocuWare"

What do you like best?

What I like is that DocuWare is accessible in the cloud via any web-enabled device.

DocuWare has great mobility support that makes it easy for me to access company docs via my smartphone from anywhere there's cloud computing.

The free trial allocated by the vendor is another thing that I like most about DocuWare since it enabled me to make an informed decision.

DocuWare kinetic solutions has replaced paper-based error-prone workflow with fast and reliable automated processes

What do you dislike?

That it's a bit hard to customize DocuWare during the initial setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend DocuWare for Enterprise Content Management.

Document management

Wirkflow automation

Invoice processing

Employee management.

Enterprise Content Management

"Docuware is a great database platform"

What do you like best?

Most people think of docuware as a database of documents. However, with Docuware forms I can collect any random data I want. Then I can use that data any way I want.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint with docuware cloud was user administration however with Docuware 7 the cloud can sync with active directory. Now my biggest complaint is that it is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are going to integrate with other systems make sure you find out what is required by the other systems before you start building file cabinets

We used to use paper for everything. We have 9 different locations and the paper would take forever for snails to deliver it between sites. Not only that but for some things that needed approval from several different people it could get lost between people. Now with Docuware workflows things are put in docuware and instantly directed to the person or people that need to act.

Denise S.

"Positive and informative"

What do you like best?

Great variety of technical and non-technical classes. Great interaction with DocuWare staff and expertise. The venue was great! The technical classes were great asset and I was able to get a lot of great information from those classes. The examples where very helpful. It was great to hear other users as questions and helped me understand what there concerns and what they did in situations. The experts giving the classes was refreshing and positive. Having face to face with the experts and knowing that you would be able to reach out to them. We did have a one on one with one of the experts and our new onboarding user, and they felt a lot better about the product and war willing to move forward In working out a solution for their business needs. Additional training as it relates to the new versions maybe webinars so that we are able to help our users before the product is released to them.

What do you dislike?

Wish I was able to attend more of the classes. Lots to pick from but only 6 slots to attend. I would have liked to attend the more of the none technical classes as to assist the co-workers in what they where hearing and helping them understand what they where hearing and relate it to our business processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Getting Centera working so that we can move to 7.0 and other versions.

Able to engage staff that we need the workflow modules and forms module. We where having issues with brining more user groups on because of the fear of paperless. With listening to other users from other companies embracing the product. Also listening to them tell there roll out stories helped them understand that this is common. Having several of our users go to the conference helped in just dialoging within the company on potential improvements that can facilitate as a result of this. Would love to have classes for the IT people to learn more of the product to be able to understand the process and walk the users through there ideas. Overall the conference was great. Would love to be able to learn more of the new version before the roll out..

Teresa B.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

We use the cloud version of the software and it is very easy to use. We have been using it less than a year and are in the set up phase. The users that have had the most time in the system love the product. We see that it will only get better the more documents we store and we start to use Forms and Workflows.

What do you dislike?

We have not found anything that we dislike yet. It is very easy to use and our users are very happy so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

We are a very paper heavy office. It is sometimes impossible to find documents and we have to resort to calling a vendor or contact to get a copy from them - embarrassing and so inefficient. Since starting to use Docuware - we can find EVERYTHING in the system in a matter of seconds! it is wonderful.

Landon F.

"DocuWare works well, could see lots of future advancements for my company."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the auto indexing, it reads what is printed on our cover sheet and we just have to quickly verify.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes feels like a lack of organization. Everything shows up in a list rather than as properly linked documents. It is easy to search, and there are a lot of search features, but would like to see it linked together better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great system if you scan and file a lot of documents. Especially if they are all consistently formatted, the system can me told where to grab information from on the page and will automatically index it.

Solving receiving and invoicing. Linking between DocuWare and our ERP software.

Kennedy K.

"Document Management in the cloud is made easy by DocuWare "

What do you like best?

What i like most about DocuWare is ease of accessibility via any web-enabled device.

I also like how DocuWare allows me to automate indexing data on docs.

Finally, integration with external platforms allows me to add docs from a main system or search on this app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to login to DocuWare where it takes long before loading.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To try DocuWare if they want to use ECM features from one place.

DocuWare has eliminated paperwork in our corporation since with DocuWare it is super easy to submit docs to our office from clients and colleagues from different departments.

Magdalene M.

"Maintaining security of documents"

What do you like best?

It is a software that is very safe. It ensured that my files and documentscarw protected as it has locks that ensured this. Docuware is very easy to use and setup and makes it easy to share documents to everyone in the team. This is a software that has an interesting interface that's makes it easy to use. In it I can manage and organize my documents since it allows many tasks to be don't on the documents. You can easily share your documents using dovuware and also keep track of the sharec documents.

What do you dislike?

This software cannot operate without being connected to a strong network

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and ensures that documents sharing and security is facilitated

Managing and organizing documents.Sharing documents among team members. Maintaining the security of your documents.

AL
Administrator in Law Practice

"Not a stable or fast solution. Avoid web based document management. "

What do you like best?

It's extremely configurable, can hook into existing databases, has a pretty nice API so you can develop your own plugins. The support from Docuware and our reseller is quick and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The product is slow and unstable. Takes up to 15 seconds to store a document under moderate load. Only can natively display a handful of file types: word, pdf, html, text. Errors profusely under load - downloading 100 images at a time, working with files over 1GB in size. Anything over 5GB is essentially dysfunctional. Often requires restarting IIS (it's asp.net based) to fix global failures of various critical features, doing so causes people to lose their work.

I could go on and on. Either way I spend hours a week supporting this product for less then 150 users, experiencing issues that require opening support tickets with our reseller every week or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid web based solutions. The internet was not built for the level of interactivity that these modern webapps demand, the result is typically buggy. Especially anything asp that requires IIS, such products have been notoriously problematic in our experience.

We wanted to use this product to enforce organization and searchability of millions of documents, which we previously maintained in an SMB/NTFS file share, a goal which it has accomplished. Not sure if the staff frustration and price tag has been worth it.

Suresh P.

"Paperless Accounting Process - A/P, HR, Bank Reconciliation"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate through. Easy to make changes to the workflows or other configuration. Easy to use for the end-users. Easy to deploy.

What do you dislike?

Compatibility issues with different browsers. It asks to download app if used with different browsers. Also, not able to approve multiple tasks at the same time. Missing features like removing blank pages from the cabinet, removing accidental clipped documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest time in understanding your business process and how it would be implemented within DW. Be ready to implement DW in phases as oppossed to trying to implement everything at once.

We are trying to automate our accounting process, i.e. A/P for routing and approving invoices, HR for storing sensitive employee information, Bank Reconciliation for storing and routing for approval of bank statements.

Rema B.

"Storage System"

What do you like best?

I like that you have the ability to customize the labeling and sorting system of Docuware.

What do you dislike?

I also dislike that it is difficult to change the filing system. The tags must be very specific and that can make it difficult to search up documents and files that you have uploaded. What I also dislike is that multiple people cannot be logged in or using the system at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you know what you want your filing system and know exactly how you want it organized, Docuware might be a good fit for you. They have people to come meet with you and the person to person contact and customer service is good to have. However, it does mean that sometimes it takes some time to get things done.

The business solution that Docuware provides is a digital/online filing system for any documents you can digitally upload or files stored online. The benefits are that many people can use it with online access.

Amruta G.

" File management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that we can have a virtual documenting place that various individuals can access at one time. Additionally that you can have a wide range of folders and spots to file things to fit your each need.

What do you dislike?

DocuWare needs a noteworthy redesign if it will attempt and contend in the Document Management world. The product is extremely a long ways behind innovation insightful. There are numerous different arrangements I would pick over DocuWare. It seems to be more appealing to littler organizations in light of the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unquestionably prescribe in case you're endeavoring to keep up record work process - it's anything but difficult to set up warnings, dole out bundles and know who's at present in charge of the archive.

We have a place to store and get reports that the entire organization can use to their specific utilize. We can restrain certain capacities for various clients. We can discover reports a great deal quicker as a result of the file choices that you can include and evacuate. We don't need to record paper records for a ton of things due to Docuware.

William S.

"Intuitive and flexible document management solution"

What do you like best?

It supports all files types

It is intuitive and flexible document management solution

It is allows collaboration of file by multiple users.

Simple advance search for users to quickly find what they are searching for

It is easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing i dislike since it is cloud base it is scalalble and cost effective document management solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Docuware digitizes all business processes like human resource and legal files by removing paper based system thus saving time and cost.

It has automated and streamlined our business process like client data management and on boarding .It enhances transparency and increases collaboration in every department increasing business efficiency.

Simon G.

"Document management and workflow automation solution that meets requirements"

What do you like best?

DocuWare makes it seamless to capture data from various sources and process it to information that can be used to make decisions. It supports automated import of information and entry of structured data without manual effort. It also support importing of data from outlook and other email providers.

What do you dislike?

Our overall experience with DocuWare has been good, it saves us time and resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering a document management and workflow automation solution, DocuWare is a reliable tool that meets all its requirements.

We have used DocuWare to manage documents and automate workflows. It helps us have error-free data while at the same time saves time and resources.

UT
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Transportation Client Support"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of being able to edit documents specifically to the needs of the use of the product. Its able to store things to a central database using a set of numbers and it is very proficient in storing to the correct location instantly and without any issues

What do you dislike?

Lack of editing options, there is not very many editing options when it comes to editing additional information on to a document. I would love to see many many more options to be able to add to a document.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to store and edit a lot of documents this would be the product to use. It can also store and integrate with company proprietary software if that is needed as well. It does it in a snap and is done very easily.

Maintaining accuracy in terms of how we invoice trips and how we bill them to the client. Storing them allows us to recall them when needed if issues or disputes should happen to arrise

Francis W.

"Flexible document management solution"

What do you like best?

DocuWare is scalable and secure because it is based on the cloud. It can also be accessed from anywhere using a computer or tablet.

It has reduced paper and time consuming tasks of storing and retrieving documents.

It has accurate document versioning.

It has native mobile applications for both Android and iOS.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any downtime or issues while using DocuWare in document management.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DocuWare is a reliable and complete document management solution suitable for all sizes of businesses.

We use DocuWare in management of documents and attempt to get rid of paper based systems.

UT
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Docuware is a great system for filing and recordkeeping"

What do you like best?

I like that we can have a virtual filing place that multiple people can access at one time. Also that you can have many different folders and places to index items to fit your every need.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is sometimes a bit glitchy, there is also no way to backup faxes if you accidentally delete something as far as I know.

We have a place to store and receive documents that the whole company can utilize to their particular use. We are able to limit certain functions for different users. We are able to find documents a lot faster because of the index options that you can add and remove. We do not have to file paper records for a lot of things because of Docuware.

Learn more about DocuWare

DocuWare Videos

Learning about DocuWare?

* We monitor all DocuWare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.