Klaviyo

Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform. Powered by data, built for ecommerce and web businesses.

Work for Klaviyo?

Learning about Klaviyo?

Klaviyo Reviews

Ask Klaviyo a Question
Showing 119 Klaviyo reviews
Trevor A.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Klaviyo
Karim K.

"Klaviyo is a full service, full of advantages in the management of ads "

What do you like best?

We love the way in which Klaviyo integrates with other rollworks applications. It is perfect to improve engagement with our customers, and allows us to connect sales to marketing in a much more systematized way. We also like the tools that it has integrated, such as the geofocalization function, retargeting for social networks, and segmentation, which can be based on the behavior of our target.

What do you dislike?

There are not so many things that can displease us with such an incredibly powerful software as is Klaviyo. We do not like your drip campaign manager, because they are programmed too slowly. We have not liked your sales intelligence tool, because it is not accurate enough, and does not allow tracking of website visitors after your visit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Klaviyo has seemed to us a most innovative service. It is advisable to automate online marketing campaigns, and to increase the reach of brands. It is an excellent option to increase the capacity of promotion through the internet, and to be distributed on very popular platforms, as in the case of CNN.

With Klaviyo we have been able to solve many problems with the management of social marketing. Our return on investment has been greatly increased, and it is now easier to carry consumer shopping habits online (Klaviyo allows us to review the activity of up to one billion consumers in the world). It has also become easier to increase our sales.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Angelica D.

"Klaviyo is the email marketing program that you need to do ecommerce today"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is like a mailchimp on steroids. Klaviyo is more of a CRM platform than an email marketing tool. The best part about Klaviyo is that it learns and develops personas. It is not a one size fits all tool. Worth every penny. It has a built in integration with Shopify and Facebook, allowing a seamless omnichannel approach to digital marketing strategies. It is super user friendly and I love the automation flows we're able to set up without much manual involvement. We’ve been able to attribute 48% of online sales to email automations and campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I think it is a good bang for your buck. It's worth cleaning up your list and focus marketing comms on current customers that have purchased within the last 12 months so these people will be less likely to report spam and more likely to engage. Having a smaller, more engaged list is cheaper and marketing efforts are more effective. What is cool is that you don't have to pay anything to sign up. You start paying by list size the moment you start sending emails, so the transition from another email marketing software is seamless as you can build flows, automations, and import your list.

Being able to dial in to current customers as personas, rather than generalizations has been super effective in developing specific targeted flows. Facebook integration for retargeting is great for conversions!

Carl R.

"Interesting features for your email campaigns"

What do you like best?

Integrate information within the system is very easy, this helps you can put information from your contacts easily and can organize your customers.

You can also automate the segmentation of audiences and select the target you want, dividing them through filters such as age, location or other limitations so that when you send the campaigns is more effective.

The reports offered by the software also contain a large amount of information which serves to analyze the results obtained and make changes in the campaigns that you make later.

What do you dislike?

I have only had a specific problem when inserting data within the platform, since on some occasion they have not been inserted properly and I had to re-insert them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that Klaviyo is a good program for companies that need to optimize their product publicity and that require a system that automates certain functions and at the same time allows them to increase the number of clients they want to reach. So it is a highly recommended tool if you want to get better benefits and at the same time save time and effort.

The sales area of your company must have functions and tools that help you achieve a better economic return. Klaviyo is a program that allows you to better manage campaigns, analyze the results of campaigns and also check how advertising is working with different clients. So I consider it a good choice to increase the profits of your company.

Tony B.

"Klaviyo, an excellent platform for email marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is an excellent platform, I love using this company because it allows me to carry out email marketing campaigns in a very simple and fast way, besides, it has some campaigns depending on the occasion, which work excellent, they save me a lot of work. I like that this company has an integration to Shopify and WooCommerce, this is excellent because I can manage my stores and use this software on any platform. Another thing that I really love is that besides how easy it is to set up campaigns, it shows me many statistics, it shows me all the behavior of my clients on my website. Really very good.

What do you dislike?

Something that I really do not like about this platform is that it limits the access of general configurations, a few weeks ago I made a modification to the logo of my company, when I tried to change the logo from the initial coonfiguracion so that it would be changed automatically in all the templates I'm using, I do not change, I have to manually change everything. This is wasting time, I think they work very well but they should improve that error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend changing the colors of the templates according to the colors that your company uses.

In addition, I also recommend using only corporate emails, since Klaviyo has very good servers, but unfortunately if you use common emails such as gmail, your customers will receive your emails in promotions or spam. I strongly recommend using corporate emails to improve the results.

Klaviyo has been really good at my company, email marketing campaigns are very simple to do, so we do not need a specialist in the area, because among the internal team of the company we can do everything, also, due to the excellent characteristics that has this platform allows us to look much more professional when our customers read our emails.

Drew S.

"Retro Video Game Sales Increased with Klaviyo"

What do you like best?

Our video gaming community is fun and exciting to be a part of, while at the same time our email sales, open rates and subscribers have all gone up. Authenticity is a core value of DKOldies and Klaviyo helps us convey this value.

What do you dislike?

There is a high learning curve in the beginning, but only because the system can do so much. The good news is the customer assistance is excellent. I use their instant chat function often and your always talking to a klaviyo and email expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in and start learning. It's hard at first, but gets easier. They have lots of resource material and their instant chat is excellent.

With Klaviyo I'm able to find more ways to communicate with my retro video game customers. I can keep people more engaged and grow my list instead of having it reduced with each send. My sales, open rates, click rates and retention have all gone up. My automated emails, welcome emails, abandon cart, browse abandonment and others have all been an improvement and big success as well.

Sheryl B.

"Excellent self-service ESP with great automation"

What do you like best?

Easy set-up with 3rd party integrations, good user interface (although it takes some getting used to), automated workflows are particularly easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Lack of readily available customer service is a big negative as is the inability to do segmentation on the fly when setting up a campaign. Also, they charge by the number of email addresses, not the number of emails sent, which is a more expensive model in the longrun since a large percentage of most databases are inactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a terrific platform with more pros than cons, however, the lack of readily available customer service is a big negative. The user interface is terrific, but takes some getting used to. The inability to do segmentation on the fly when setting up a campaign is frustrating, however, the ability to set up workflows quickly and easily is a huge plus.

Amazon integration allows me to understand Amazon order data in a way that is otherwise difficult, if not impossible, through Amazon.

Alice V.

"Powerful But There's a Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

The service itself is a great autoresponder with so many options. But honestly the best part about Klaviyo is their customer service. Their live chat is AWESOME and will respond quickly and politely to help you solve problems. I've had to use them more than once and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get help that was very useful.

What do you dislike?

We use Klaviyo to connect to Shopify. While not overly complicated, it can take a while to set up and it's easy to get lost in the back and forth weeds between the two services. One thing I found frustrating was that when setting up a new category for products in Shopify, that category would not show up on the Klaviyo side until a purchase was made on Shopify for that category. That added an unnecessary step and created a time lag for making new flows for new categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about what your needs are and research Klaviyo carefully. It's a great service but some of the features take a while to learn and set up. Depending on your business, it may be more autoresponder than you realistically need. While I like it a lot, if I were to start again I would maybe choose something simpler (not sure what that would be and don't get me wrong, I do like Klaviyo, but I've put more time into it than I'd initially wanted to).

We needed an autoresponder to help follow up with people after purchases, send out bulk mails, and grow our email list. Although some of the features can take a while to learn and set up, it's really cut down on our customer service tickets.

Kelly R.

"Great for smaller companies"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is really simple to use. The interface takes some time to get used to but there's not much to it so you get the hang of it pretty quick. You can drag and drop images within the template so there's no coding required. This makes it simple for the small business that can't afford to hire a programmer.

What do you dislike?

As your company grows it becomes a little too basic. Other larger platforms offer many more features and a more professional/knowledgable staff to help with marketing strategy.

There are also times when the mobile preview does not render emails properly. For example, it will show two stacked images in the previewer but when you actually send yourself a test of the email the pieces are not stacked on mobile.

Other than that, there isn't too much that I dislike. It's just easy to grow out of.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely recommend this software to those with a smaller business. I don't think it works well for a larger company where one might require more features or better support in the marketing strategy department.

Klaviyo is a more affordable solution to email marketing while still providing the basics that you need. I think it's the best "bang for your buck" email platform.

"Limitless possibilities with amazing hands on training"

What do you like best?

- how easy it is to segment your list by consumer behaviors in klaviyo and shopify

What do you dislike?

- test emails don't specify that it's a test in the subject so it can be confusing internally when multiple team members get a test email but aren't sure if it's true send or a test

- mobile blocks don't function with hotspotting, just with slicing

- i liked on mailchimp they partnered with giphy so you could search for fun gifs to include in emails

we just started with klaviyo so we're still in the early stages of solving problems we had with our previous email platform

- we can now send multiple cart abandonment emails

- we can send more automated emails targeted around our customer's behavior

- we now have so many more opportunities to segment our lists and sends

Mark H.

"Powerful and Easy-to-Use"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo does a good job at delivering an email marketing platform that is best for ecommerce merchants. It makes it easy to segment users, deliver timely emails based on user behavior, and personalize emails for customers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the product features are difficult to find and use. Some are buggy at times, but support is usually reasonably responsive to issues and concerns. The cost is a hefty one as well, and billing tiers are very small. Some of the segmentation options can be difficult to decipher, but their knowledgebase is very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to shell out a large amount of money. The good thing is that all features are included in all plans, so the only limitation is how far you want to grow your contact list.

We use Klaviyo to strengthen our email marketing program: both broadcast emails and trigger emails.

Julie O.

"So happy we switched to Klaviyo"

What do you like best?

I love that it integrates with our Big Commerce store and gives us transactional information, which we didn't get from Mailchimp. I also appreciate how easy it is to set up the different flows, and that they have out of the box templates to build off of.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a chat feature for customer service. It's a bit delayed having to wait for email responses. Having a phone option would be great too. I realize that a dedicated account manager is available once our account hits a certain number, but options other than email would be great until that time. I also wish they had emojis for subject lines on campaigns.

We wanted to have a better understanding of what our customers were doing/buying on our site, which Klaviyo has helped with tremendously. Our campaigns & flows increased our web sales by 30% in 2017. The segmentations have been the most helpful, especially allowing us the market to customers for both endurance product and lifestyle product.

Alexei A.

"Exceptionally Powerful Yet Simple To Use"

What do you like best?

Klaivyo E-Mail Marketing is designed to keep your stress levels down, value up, and make you look like a marketing genius in the process. As an agency powering 100's of client accounts, our responsibility is to consult our clients on the best eco-system of marketing tools, processes, and platforms. Klaviyo fits into this eco-system as a 'No Brainer' component that any SMB or Mid-Market Company can use successfully from Day 1. The learning curve is tiny, while the features and capabilities are almost endless.

What do you dislike?

Truth be told, this is one area where normally I can list about a dozen or so issues on any system or platform we own licenses for. In the case of Klaviyo, there literally are no 'Cons' to speak of. So I guess I'm going to write about being a fan of hamburgers or something because there's really no other use for this box other than that. Klaviyo is literally THAT GOOD!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run to Klaviyo. Run fast, bring all your clients, their friends, your uncle, bring everyone. You will not be disappointed! It's literally THAT GOOD!

As an agency, our ecosystem of SMB and Mid-Marketing clients are always looking for consulting on 3rd Party Applications, Systems, and Demand Generation Processes that provide a high-yield ROI. Klaviyo delivers each and every time. The system essentially sells itself, while making the agency team look good in the process. Exceptionally strong, powerful, intuitive, and simple.

Joshua L.

"Everything you need"

What do you like best?

Almost everything is out of the box. The customer segmentation is seamless, it communicates with Magento, pulls customer history and live time data and allows me to be nimble, segment better and better understand my customer.

What do you dislike?

I left my last provider because of a few reasons, but service / support was a big factor. With Klaviyo, during set-up and start-up I was constantly being contacted and then once we kind of rolled out, the support is now limited to email support - unfortunately our several instances installed on Magento have created some overlap and the support has been OK, but not as great as I would like. I'm more of a phone support person, it;s easier when discussing complexities and I feel a little pushed back with their support up to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait another day to switch, YTD 2017 vs 2016, my email revenue for only 1 website I manage is up 173%. 85% of that increase is due to the automation Klaviyo provides.

Every email mktg seminar I've attended always covered customer segmentation; how essential it is, how needed it is and how it's the future - yet, no platform I came across offered a tool that allowed segmentation without extensive exporting, importing and filtering excel docs. If I want to email my customers who have made a purchase in the last 3 months, without opening any other marketing emails and has spent over $125 I can create that segment in literally 3 minutes. No exporting, no manual data manipulation, etc.

Every flow/ series you can think of is pre-templated, ready to go and out of the box; welcome, adandoned cart, winbacks, browse abandonment, new customer, repeat customer, etc etc.

Fabio M.

"Great email marketing software"

What do you like best?

The amount of customer data that is available is awesome, You can create very targeted email newsletters and automated campaign. Flows are great for generating income.

Once you get the hang of it you can easily setup campaigns and flows in a heartbeat.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support can be flaky at times, slow to respond and slow to figure out the issue. Its an expensive service so you would expect support to be better. Also having no weekend support is terrible. Ecommerce companies aren't mon-fri, 9-5 so support shouldn't be either.

Integrations can break from time to time without even knowing and results in losing income.

There have been deliverability issues I have heard about but I have not looked into these personally myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its great if setup well but you need to stay on top of things

For us its about sending out

1) Ss many emails as possible to generate revenue

2) Automating flows to generate income

3) Automating flows to commence conversation with customers

Josh F.

"So glad we moved to Klaviyo"

What do you like best?

The segmenting and filters are awesome. Especially that you can build filters around specific customer engagement points (aka - find all customers that have ordered in the past but have not ordered in the last 60 days) then automatically send emails to that segment of customers on a scheduled basis.

What do you dislike?

- Wish it integrated with Drupal Commerce out of the box. Would use Klaviyo for those projects as well.

- This is more of a Shopify issue, but we save customer information in MetaFields that are filled out during the checkout process. I wish we could (easily) push that data into Klaviyo as well. Really have to stretch to find disappointing things about this system, though.

- Wish that the auto responder emails went out faster. For instance, if a user signs up for a coupon, I'd like them to receive an email with the coupon code within minutes. Right now it takes an hour (+/-)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using Shopify, it's a no brainer. Klaviyo and Shopify are perfect together.

Customer engagement is very important for our business. Our ecommerce offering is not a top-of-mind product, so we need to stay engaged with customers and be ready for them when they need us. With the many tools that Klaviyo offers we can do just that in a non-intrusive and easy to maintain manner. Additionally, having all the tools for measuring engagement from our customers is terrific. We rely on Klaviyo reports in a manner similar to how we rely on Google Analytics. There is so much quality information.

Kevin E.

"If you run a Shopify Store, this is THE email marketing service to get"

What do you like best?

We used to use Mailchimp for handling all our Shopify store emailing needs. The problem was e commerce data was often inaccurate or updated data severely lagged behind. Klaviyo was built specifically for Shopify owners in mind and syncs with your store in real time. The data is 98% accurate and while the platform is a bit less user friendly, offers much of the same customization and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

To create beautiful emails, although Klaviyo provides some templates, you will need to learn some basic html and how to use their tags. The learning curve is steeper than say Mailchimp, but once you get a hang of it, with the accurate ecommerce data, is totally worth it.

Handling our Shopify store's emailing needs from abandon carts, follow up sequences, sign up sequences, and more.

Ray L.

"Very precise and robust transactional email platform"

What do you like best?

The versatility of Klaviyo is awesome.

There is nothing Klaviyo cannot do for your business as it relates to email campaigns and daily, transactional emails that are needed.

I think one of the values of Klaviyo that is understated is the UI. The user interface is quote easy once you get your head wrapped around the buttons and clicks.

I wish more freelancers learned Klaviyo more so I can have Klaviyo working for us in ways we haven't imagined yet

What do you dislike?

They need to certify independent service companies so they can provide managed services to business owners

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely have someone walk you through each menu item. It's worth the time and money to get a "once-over" and learn it properly

Our Abandoned cart issue was huge. Klaviyo solve that issue and then-some. Our abandoned cart % dropped by 40%.

We also had an issue with capturing shoppers' data that were just browsing. We installed an exit pop up, used Klaviyo to capture email data and now we're building our customer database

Cara R.

"It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my email marketing strategy + implementation"

What do you like best?

It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my entire non-transactional email marketing strategy and implementation. I'd say so far I like the rules setup the best, segmenting my flows and campaigns to make sure I'm only hitting up people who 1) are interested in what I have to say right now, 2) Are the right audience for my current message/in-store sale announcement, etc and/or 3) Have not heard a similar message anytime recently. My other favorite is the easy integrations with other apps I'm using to manage my eCommerce and Digital marketing systems.

What do you dislike?

I've been using it for about two months now, and I have a few blindspots that I cannot intuit from the interface, which is a problem for me. I do not like that there are no training calls. I do wish they could take over transactional emails from BigCommerce - who butchers the process, but the sales rep said they cannot do that right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can only say evaluate several competitors and get the full demo before signing up with any one service. Several key issues were not even clear to me until I went through the demos. Klaviyo solved more of my pain points than any other system, but that might just be for my business.

Who has time for REALLY GREAT newsletters and multiple well-timed follow-ups (including mining for emails in the POS system) when you are running an entire eCommerce and Digital Marketing department for a multi-million dollar company single-handedly? The newsletters got written eventually but clumsily, and not as often as I'd like. Follow-ups, re-engagement campaigns, customer winbacks, cart and browse abandonment were either 1) not a thing or 2) a dry affair automated without the addition of rules to secure the right audience. Klaviyo changed everything, we are now rocking and rolling on a new level. We have been able to attribute our newsletter to several big sales, and customer winback campaigns are working based on the sales data as well. I had no visibility to who was responding favorably and to what content, because I could not get budget for a large MAP. This platform is affordable for relatively small marketing budgets, yet very powerful, so far.

Zack W.

"The missing link for my email marketing"

What do you like best?

The ability to create automated smart workflows that run based on the activity of my store is pretty impressive. This along with the smart segment features for list building, it's been a great addition to our toolset.

What do you dislike?

It took a little to learn how to navigate and understand the template engine. It's not as intuitive as other systems, but once you learn it you'll be fine

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run a Shopify store, you definitely need to consider Klaviyo as your email platform. It's already generating us more money that it cost us.

I wanted to implement marketing automation in my ecommerce store without excessive amounts of work. The ability to have smart segments and workflows allows me to manage my email and have it work for me, instead of against me.

"Easy to use, powerful ESP"

What do you like best?

The Style/CSS editor is amazing. It takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it designing beautiful emails is easy.

Deliverability is high for us. We range in the 15-40% open rates and it’s helped immensely to place customers into a true journey based on behaviors.

Segmentation is powerful.

The open API allows us to integrate with our custom CMS and see multiple metrics that matter from every drip/campaign we send.

Seemlessl integration with tons of other third parties, like Typeform, Facebook Lead Campaigns, Zapier, etc.

What do you dislike?

When you’re getting started, the customer support can be a bit lacking.

Honestly I use Klaviyo’s hell so little now that it’s a small irritation at best but for someone who is just learning I could see this as being a huge frustration. They do have a live chat but it’s hrd to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive in head first. Learn to use the flows feature and build custom metrics. Great if you have a Shopify powered store.

E-commerce, custom platform.

UA
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Big Jump from MailChimp"

What do you like best?

The platform has a lot more features than MailChimp but still isn't super robust. I like the ease of use and the options to use a lot of advanced automated flows. A/B testing is a lot better over MailChimp as well and have more options to test.

What do you dislike?

Some of the anaytics aren't all the way correct when looking at the Automation Flows. In order to see any data of past flows in the main dashboard you have to have that flow active. Really makes reporting time consuming as you have to go into that individual flow campaign variant to see what the numbers are. A/B testing has some great options but still lacks some options in testing automations.

The business problem we are solving by using Klaviyo is having a smart email marketing platform that helps optimize campaigns through automation and a/b testing.

Mark T.

"Great Affordable Product"

What do you like best?

I feel Klaviyo is an extension of our retail store and content site. Before we had iContact and it felt so tired and old, but with Klaviyo all our campaigns sync easily with our promotions (we can see how much a single email created in revenue, orders placed, etc) and the flows (autoresponders) are easily linked based on on-site activity. It's so nice to have everything linked together.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Klaviyo offers great customer support, the UI is easy and nice to look at, and like I said has awesome functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Klaviyo is awesome, it shows you users activity, revenue, orders, links directly to Facebook Custom Audiences, and in general has plenty of plug-ins and apps to sync to other products.

Before our ESP (iContact) worked independent of our retail store and web-site activity, but now with Klaviyo we can link them together. This helped us solve massive problems of sending people emails that were irrelevant to where they were in the funnel process; but now with Klaviyo our users can skip emails as they progress through the funnel on their own and only receive emails that support their journey.

AA
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Klaviyo has become one of the key pieces of software for my company"

What do you like best?

I love that the software can act like a CRM AND as an ESP. It integrates with Shopify seamlessly and allows you to be in contact with your customers through their lifecycle (pre-purchase, post-purchase, lapsed, etc) automatically without your continued effort.

What do you dislike?

The out of the box templates were not as great as I needed (we transitioned from Mailchimp), so we ended up using our graphic designers to design the emails and hired email developers to write the code for the emails.

Klaviyo has a lot of very powerful variables, and can be confusing for a beginner or non-email tech like myself, so again, we hired professionals to handle the workload of setting up the email flows and getting the technical details correct.

14% of our monthly revenue is due to a robust automated email marketing program via klaviyo flows. As I mentioned above Klaviyo allows us to be in contact with our leads and customers wherever they may in the customer lifecycle.

Danny R.

"Predictable transparent ROI"

What do you like best?

Since swapping from Infusionsoft to Klaviyo for our ecommerce email marketing I have been constantly surprised by the ease of use, simple integration to our Magento store and easily trackable ROI.

Its made sending both email campaigns and automated follow up emails so easy...

Customer service is also awesome and everyone I have spoken to have helped my implement or problem solve when I have come up against issues.

5 Star!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes takes a while for a response from the support team! However once a response is given its generally comprehensive so there is no need for emails back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just connect to your store and try it out... you will not be disappointed

Predictable and transparent ROI. Being able to see the actual figure each email or flow has brought in is invaluable in many different ways.

Khizer D.

"Good but missing a few features"

What do you like best?

I like how you can set up the automated emails with such detailed triggers. You can do a lot with the flows.

What do you dislike?

1 - Mailchimp has a feature called Social Profiles where it gets information from all over social media and google about the user, such as age, gender, etc. With this you can target certain demographics really easily. I tried to figure out a way to get at least the customer's age from sign up forms on my website, but even that cannot be integrated with Klaviyo. With the segmenting features Klaviyo has this feature would blow them out of the water.

2 - Customer service is slow and i hate that there is no chat or phone number.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read all the support they have to do with your integrations (like Shopify). Its not too much reading, but will save hours than if you just wing it

Keeping our brand on our customers mind. Keeping them engaged with our webbsite

Kara M.

"I'M OBSESSED WITH KLAVIYO"

What do you like best?

We have been using Klaviyo for almost three years now. Their customer support is AMAZING and we have grown so much through them. They are so successful, constantly adding new features, and it's obvious their team works well together to create an amazing product. 10/10 would recommend.

What do you dislike?

nothing is wrong with klaviyo i love it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it

Email marketing, growth, etc.

AF
Administrator in Fine Art

"If you're on WooCommerce DO NOT use klaviyo"

What do you like best?

the promising hope of an email platform built for ecommerce. Set up your workflows, migrate your contacts, synch your product data - the dream was real

What do you dislike?

1) Deliverability tanked

2) Simple things like abandon cart emails didn't even work. Lifetime ( over several months ) emails were 26 delivered abandoncart emails. WOW. I had 1400 abandon cart captures since my time using them.

3) COST - more expensive than alternatives

4) constant issues pulling customer information + data from woocommerce

5) Did i mention the fact that they couldn't even handle abandon cart emails? The amount of money this cost me is making my stomach turn.

ZERO this has casued me issues

Robbie P.

"Klaviyo is Great!! "

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is by far the best email marketing platform I have come across! From day one it puts your business in a place to start seeing immediate ROI. Started with MailChimp and I am so glad I made the switch!! We currently do about 15% of our online sales via referrals from Klaviyo emails.

What do you dislike?

Klaviyo is great. Any question I have had as been answered within 24 hours by their awesome support team.

We are growing an e-commerce business and the ability to keep constant contact with our customers is incredibly beneficial. The built-in analytics allow you to directly assess what works, what doesn't, and where to invest your time and energy.

Christy S.

"Easy to Use eCommerce Email Automation"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Klaviyo. It is easy to use and does an amazing job of segmentation and email automation. I feel as though it provides all of the functionality of a really expensive eCommerce email automation service.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything about this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. You can use it for free if you have less than 250 subscribers, so that you can understand how it works.

I am working with increasing revenue for online stores. Benefits include all of the automation that make it easy to set-up. It definitely increases your revenue.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Its simple and works great. I use salesforce marketing cloud for other company, and of course its a great tool. But for my shopify ecommerce I wouldnt change klaviyo for salesforce. Works great, very fast to implement and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything, but I would like to be able to activate flows when someone visit specific pages or fulfill certain rules, like visiting a collection for more than a minute, but havent bought anything in the last 30 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it

Customer journeys and email automation

Alex J.

"An Upgrade In Automation Abilities"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo's automation flow capabilities are incredible and are now responsible for about 10% of our revenue. On top of this their segmentation based on ecommerce events (or nonevents) is very helpful with customer retention, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is not as well known to email service providers as mailchimp, and so initially after making the switch we did experience some deliver issues (to spam folders, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Make sure that Klaviyo with your ecommerce system, as that is fundamental to most of the features.

Segmentation and automation are the best parts of the Klaviyo software, these features have kept us in constant contact with our customers, keeping us top of mind and raising revenue.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is easy to use, from the templates to customization and integrated easily with our website. The flows have increased sales and their customer service team has been incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

When customizing a template the proportions can get lost and more tweaking is needed on my end. I would love to just pop things in when needed without having to worry about sizing issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Klaviyo is a great platform for ecommerce, it easily integrates to your site, is user friendly and provides great insight to help increase sales and customer communication.

Communicating with our customers has never been easier. The flows are a great way to target customers/business needs and have been a time saver for me and we have seen a direct increase in sales.

Michael Ewald H.

"Easy to use email platform with advanced level options"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the simple interface and the multitude of things you can do. I love the super easy segmentation, drag'n'drop editor, Facebook integration and much more

What do you dislike?

I really would like workflows to be more advanced. Right now they only trigger email activity - but it would be nice to have workflows operate internal maintenance on customer properties etc. Like "Property A is set to XY - then set Property Z to XY" or similar

Super simple email follow ups, campaigns, tracking etc for an ecommerce store selling wine.

AR
Administrator in Retail

"Powerful but pricey"

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful software and fairly easy to use. It gives you a lot of important information on your marketing campaigns and it is simple to use once you understand how it works. It is filled with features and it can integrate with several market places.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive compare to most e-mail marketing software and they don't have live chat or phone support which for the price I pay I think it should be included. I understand customer support is a very resource intensive thing, but sometimes e-mail support can be slow or you have a hard time explaining an issue.

Their e-mail support is very good, just not as fast as live chat or phone would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use their support, don't go it alone, it is hard to implement at first.

I was not getting enough information from my previous marketing software and formatting the e-mails was hard.

Now I can send nice looking e-mails and receive a lot more information.

Jason R.

"Love Klaviyo!"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is by far the most comprehensive, easy to use marketing/remarketing email software on the market when it comes to ecommerce applications. I recently required my website developers to fully integrate the software as I have no interest in even trying any other app.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative critique of the software at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out the software...you won't go back!

Customer remarketing, retention, follow-up sales opportunities, segmentation, behavioral triggered flows...there is so much customization. What used to be a mind-numbing process has become simple in so many ways.

AR
Administrator in Retail

"eCom Fashion Startup - First run with Klaviyo"

What do you like best?

Awesome product. Extremely user friendly and provides in-depth analytics that even employees with no prior experience can understand. Final product for email campaigns looks extremely professional, and click through rates have been positive. Also, salesperson who set up the product has continued to be responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

No particular dislikes as of yet. Would be great if transactional emails were easier / more affordable to setup, but not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely make the switch. You won't regret it.

Converting abandoned transactions and converting users on our mailing list. It's been great to have the ability to A/B test emails so we can see what subject lines / email copy / images are really working to convert. We've seen great conversions in terms of abandoned transactions. We are working to ramp up our newsletter marketing, but are equally impressed with the ability to A/B test these emails as well.

Cherise B.

"Great for customer reports"

What do you like best?

Klavyio is really great for running reports and viewing analytics about products you sell and the customers that purchase them. You can run basically any kind of report that you want, creating many different filters such as order status, date purchased, etc.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve to Klaviyo, but it's a powerful tool! I'm still learning how to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend viewing tutorials on how to use it

Sales analytics

Doug W.

"Klaviyo Review"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo has really good ESP functionality for our shopify store. Although not as robust as major ESPs, for the price this is a good fit.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality is not intuitive so had to get help from our Klaviyo rep (who was super helpful). But overall it does the job for both campaigns and flows.

Email marketing

Mackenzie H.

"A bit limiting but easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to read dashboard of analytics to compare results week to week. It allows you to drill down into a visual outlook of CTR based on content blocks, and see sales by product sku.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize dashboard metrics, easily implement a unsubscribe retention survey.

Access for multiple users to review weekly metrics easily at a glance and action on content/creative.

Sylvan K.

"Very happy to be using Klaviyo!"

What do you like best?

This program has almost limitless abilities for customization, timing, and safety features to ensure the customers are treated in a courteous manner. Amazing metrics for analyzing customer behaviors.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most intuitive software. It takes a bit of time to learn it, but once you get the hang of it there are an amazing amount of marketing possibilities provided to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent product. If you have the time to learn how to use it, it's probably the best software out there for an autoresponder and marketing tool.

This is helping us understand the demographic and interests of our customers. We are able to use this information to target our marketing to the appropriate groups of people, thus saving money and making our advertising more effective.

Shan Shan Y.

"Great email system for eCommerce businesses"

What do you like best?

It integrates very nicely and easily with Shopify, including the ability to pull some analytics for customer segmentation and an 'abandoned' email recovery cart feature. Also love the different flows you can set up depending on different parameters. Email support has also been relatively good and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Price - once you've sent out over 100 or 200 test emails (if I recall correctly), you'll have to start paying to send out more test emails for your future campaign even if you haven't reached the 500 email list threshold for the next pricing tier.

We need a robust email system that integrates easily with Shopify to market and communicate with our customers. Ease-of-use and efficiency is key. Klaviyo has enabled us to do all of the above.

AM
Administrator in Machinery

"Great functionality"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to segment customers and customer lists by what the customer has done or bought so that I can give my customers the most relevant information and promotions.

What do you dislike?

The WYSIWYG editor can be a bit testy at times, but overall works well

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great marketing tool, but it's only as good as the time you put into it. If your not interested in investing the time to create segments, flows, etc, then the benefits wouldn't really apply over most standard email marketing platforms.

We've been able to easily see customers that had once been loyal long time customers that have not purchased in a while and try to bring them back. We have also been able to create the most relevant campaigns for our customers based on what they like and what they purchase.

"Good tool, bad UX and Customer service"

What do you like best?

It's a fairly easy tool to use to set up workflows or get lists of your best customers.

What do you dislike?

The UX isn't good so the templates don't look that nice and support takes a long time to get back to you and they don't provide the greatest answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try for a month and see if it meets your requirements. I'm trying Drip and Klaviyo at the same time.

I'm trying to increase sales through email marketing.

Adrian P.

"Great email tool for shopify shops"

What do you like best?

It integrates perfectly into shopify and allows to send automized email flows. Started using it after a lot of shopify experts recommended it and have to admit that by now I became a big Klaviyo fan as well recommending it to others

What do you dislike?

Language translation is not perfectly. Can't use the double opt-in for our German shop as the email is not possible to be translated into any other language. That's a big pitty!

Automated email flows. It's very easy to set up flows and offers a variety of criterias based on which email will be sent out. Perfect for us as shop owners as we don't have to worry about sending out any emails anymore since Klaviyo does it for us

User in Consumer Goods

"Savior from Old CRM platform"

What do you like best?

HONEST. This company is HONEST. They don't try to catch you into a contract, they don't over sell you, they are helpful, they provide documentation for everything. My company has a dedicated account manager and she is the greatest asset to me, my team and in turn, the company I work for.

What do you dislike?

When my developers refuse to read all the blatantly easy to understand documents that Klaviyo provides - and come back to me asking for more information. Nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch. No Contract. Awesome account managers. Fair. Easy. Painless.

We are able to launch so many different types of marketing campaigns that we weren't able to do with our previous CRM platform.

Jennifer J.

"Good functionality, responsive account team for the price"

What do you like best?

Integrates with Big Commerce and brings strong segmentation abilities to small companies given the price. Literally a few clicks integration.

What do you dislike?

We still have some rendering issues with certain platforms and sometimes it seems to be due to the system, but the account team is quick to respond and work with us on a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great solution for small companies not yet ready to move to enterprise level. Comparable to Mail Chimp but it integrates to Big Commerce and Mail Chimp does not.

Better segmentation to drive communications for a small company with big dreams

Nichelle H.

"An advanced ecommerce marketing automation tool that masquerades as a email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

The tight integration with ecommerce platforms (especially shopify) means users can segment based on behaviour.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more accessible to a lot of people. The advanced tech comes with a little higher price tag compared to some other industry leaders

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have advanced segmentation needs, Klaviyo is amazing

We earn up to 35% of revenue through email marketing with Klaviyo

"The best email marketing provider for ecommerce"

What do you like best?

Klaviyo has really grown on us over time. We sell products on our shopify store and Klaviyo integrates directly with them. This allows you to get up and running within minutes. It also allows them to obtain crucial data such as revenue and customers details. This is then used to show you the revenue per email (one of my favorite features) so you know the ROI ont hese.

It also has many new features such as sending emails basd on shopping conditions (a lot of email providers won't have this because their not designed for ecommerce) i.e. if they browsed for a product, they get a series of emails about that product. This is very advanced stuff!

What do you dislike?

At first I thought the price was a bit high, but I think it's worth it for what you get with them. They have really great customer support and they have a ton of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd honestly recommend Klaviyo for all ecommerce sellers

One of the big problems we have is that most people are buying our product only once, and our cheapest product. Therefore we have a need to increase the LTV of the customer. Email marketing helps us offer more upsells, increase engagement and understand our customers better. Klaviyo helps us do that with all their features.

"Great for Shopify"

What do you like best?

Awesome integrations with Shopify, it is super easy to setup triggers like abandoned cart, new customer registration, or stale customers so that they get automated emails.

Also, there is a free tier to you can learn and test the system against your needs.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints against Klaviyo, it met all of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial, see how you like it.

Increasing revenue via marketing campaigns, maintaining customer engagement via discounts.

Learn more about Klaviyo

Klaviyo Videos

Learning about Klaviyo?

* We monitor all Klaviyo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.