WooCommerce Reviews & Product Details

What is WooCommerce?

WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. And it's available for free. Packed full of features, perfectly integrated into your self-hosted WordPress website. Add powerful shop facilities to your WordPress website with our free eCommerce plugin. Powering over 24% of all online shops, WooCommerce helps you sell anything. Beautifully.

WooCommerce Screenshots

WooCommerce Profile Details

WooCommerce Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Automattic Inc.

Digital Media Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management
Most Recent WooCommerce Video Review
GRACE ETU

"Expand Your Website Functions In Minutes"

What do you like best?

It's professionally built for commercial purpose with frequent bug fixes and upgrades.

Easy to setup and use in any part of the world.

It's free, stable, open source and frequently updated.

Integrates with almost every major payment processor in the world.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to, especially configuring payment and shipping related settings.

Advanced customization involves playing with code which may affect the platform core.

Update notifications and upsells can be distracting or annoying.

Extensions are a bit expensive for personal users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The easy way to sell products and services keeping 100% of your earnings. It's stable and has all the features of any other premium platform out there. Easy to setup and use on your wordpress site with constant feature update.

Sell products and organize fund raiser with ease.

Accept donations with detailed report.

Sell event tickets and support pledges.

Manage orders, shipping and inventory with ease.

Content Manager

"It's impressive. "

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is an impressive platform that allows Wordpress users to set up engaging and productive online shops with ease and convenience. I use it and can comfortably say that it's definitely worth it.

The best part about WooCommerce is that it is very easy to install. It only takes a few minutes to setup and once that's done, all you need is to integrate payment options and you'll be ready to post and sell products online. The platform offers tons of features all geared towards making eCommerce as easy as possible.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report here. I'm happy with this software especially since they have a mobile app that allows me to manage my shop while on the move.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WooCommerce is great for online shops. It's simple, lightweight, and very user friendly.

It's a great tool for online selling and eCommerce in general. We use it to sell some of our products and services online.

Marketing Director

"One of the best solutions for eCommerce."

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is a great plugin that allows the creation of online stores in Wordpress effectively. This plugin has practically all the necessary tools to configure an eCommerce website in a very short time.

Woocommerce is a very used plugin and has a large community of developers who are constantly creating new tools to improve their functionality, if you need some functionality for your shopping cart or online catalog, it is almost certain that there is a complement to provide that functionality .

Woocommerce is Incredibly powerful and can be used for a small store or a large store with hundreds of products, it is also integrated with other software and it is easy to configure different online payment platforms.

What do you dislike?

By default the order numbers are not consecutive, I have also spent time using Woocommerce and I have realized that if we want to enhance their functionalities in a professional manner, we must pay for additional supplements that meet the required functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great plugin and one of the most used to create eCommerce site, it is super complete easy to configure and use.

I usually work with Wordpress and Woocommerce is the plugin that I use to create online stores, it is very complete and gives me everything I need to work quickly and effectively and it is easy to configure.

computer programmer

"The perfect solution for e-commerce!"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is the perfect complement of wordpress to create a virtual store.

We at deojodehorus.com look for the most user-friendly wordpress plugins that will facilitate our work. Our website consists of a virtual store of accessories and the Woo Commerce application gives us the necessary tools to carry out our plan.

At the time of uploading the products allows me to catalog and differentiate them by groups, as well as provides me with the time to leave description and price of them.

We do not need big jobs in HTML programming. A person with no type of knowledge in programming can use it only by reading and following the instructions.

What do you dislike?

Woo Commerce in general lines is an excellent plugins, however if we want to deepen in the use of it we must pay for the premium version.

But in its free version is enough for the necessary work.

We would recommend it without a doubt!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The WooCommerce plugins fit my needs. I have worked with this plugins in several virtual stores and it is the best.

In our virtual store we facilitate when uploading products because in addition to having our own products we also have a system of referred products and WooCommerce allows us to publish the types of products without any inconvenience or any programming in additional HTML. We save time and money.

We love this plugins.

Nneka Okoro

"Build Your Online Store Yourself"

What do you like best?

Commercial quality - Scaling isn't an issue.

Handles the paperwork efficiently, from supply to sales and invoice.

Handles the legal and shipping too, tax, vat, shipping.

Reserves avenue for upsell, cross sell, backorder etc.

Works seamlessly with 3rd pary payment processors.

What do you dislike?

Expensive addons, some addons should have just been feature updates, but it sold seperately and easily costs over $100.

No direct support except for people who pay for addons.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works with wordpress.org to provide the best free market experience on your website. Process payment, tax, invoice and receipt automatically. Extract shipping information and manage inventory and sales report in one click.

I sell products on my website without paying sales commission.

I send our coupons and discount offers.

I control who I sell to and what by custom shipping class.

I generate invoice and payment receipt on the fly.

I follow up on customers and clients.

Graphic Design

"Woocommerce is the quintessential solution to sell online!"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is one of the best plugins for wordpress, allows the creation of eCommerce websites in a fast and effective way.

It is used by many eCommerce websites worldwide because it has all the necessary options for managing products and orders of an online store and the best part is that it is free, just by downloading and installing it you can transform a common website into an online store

It is a very complete plugin and at the same time it is easy to use compared to other similar CMS like Prestashop or Magento.

What do you dislike?

Woocommerce is very powerful and flexible however if we want to improve its basic functionalities we will have to invest in improvements of the plugins that are usually paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Woocomerce is one of the most powerful and flexible wordpress plugins, it is used by many users worldwide and there is a lot of help documentation on the web. It is ideal for anyone who works with wordpress.

I use Woocommerce constantly for the creation of eCommerce websites because it has everything necessary to manage an online sales business of any kind, besides saving a lot of development time, simply by installing it, we can configure and manage products in a very short time.

CEO

"The best tool for a well optimized eCommerce."

What do you like best?

I love this platform, I like that it allows me to integrate it into WordPress in a very simple way, this platform allows me to optimize my online virtual store, it allows me to add the products that I want to sell very easily. In addition, I love that when using this software I can integrate other applications that are designed only to operate with WooComemerce, such as JetPack and others.

Also how easy it is to edit the articles, add prices, offer prices, characterize them by size or weight, add them in different categories. I also love how easy it is to manage my stock with this tool, it allows me to control all the available stock and as [i keep everything in order.

What do you dislike?

We know that WooCommerce is free, but the only thing I do not like about this platform is that all the additional plugins needed to optimize WooCommerce are available only in paid version, this generates an additional expense that ranges from $ 20 to $ 300. These plugins are necessary to have the virtual shop 100% optimized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only recommendation is that you install only the tools you need to optimize your store, WooCommerce is free but the extra applications that are necessary to optimize 100% the online store are paid, so you should not exceed to buy applications that do not use.

I also recommend keeping the inventory of the online store that offers WooCommerce updated with the inventory of the physical store.

I have been able to solve many problems when using WooCommerce in my company, it allows me to manage my online store more easily, I can also create products very easily and without much knowledge in the area of web development.

It has also allowed me to manage the online inventory of my company more easily. Actually my experience in using this platform has been very good.

Graphic Design

"The best option to create virtual stores with Wordpress."

What do you like best?

It is one of the complete plugins and used in Wordpress, has more than 4 million active installations worldwide and makes it one of the most reliable solutions for e-commerce

We can download it for free directly from the wordpress repository through its official website https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ and then install it in simple steps.

Once installed we can configure all Woocommerce settings that allow us to have full control of our virtual store, compared to other similar systems Woocommerce is more complete and has all the necessary options.

We can create any type of virtual store and have a large community of users who are constantly developing improvements and solving possible bugs, in addition there is extensive documentation that can be found on the web completely free of charge.

What do you dislike?

It is a plugin a bit complex especially for beginners who do not have much experience in Wordpress because its configuration is complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a free and ideal plugin to create e-commerce websites with Wordpress, it is flexible and very powerful and it has the support of many users worldwide, so there is a lot of help information.

I have been using this plugin for some time and I think it's great, it has allowed me to reduce the development times of e-commerce websites and it is my first option when creating virtual stores.

Director Of Operations
Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy to use, support is very responsive"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable the software is, we implemented this after using Configio to handle our registrations for classes. It solved a lot of double entry issues we had since it did not connect to our WordPress site, once we integrated WooCommerce into our WP website, everything lives under one place!

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to connect bookings to google calendar without having to but an extra add on that we wouldn't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you layout a plan before implementing WooCommerce so you don't get overwhelmed. Once you have that down they will solve your problems, it is highly customizable, specially if you're using it with WordPress.

We had all of our registrations/calendar for classes living in different places, making our workflow very inefficient and error prone. Once we implemented WooCommerce into our WP website we were able to cut down on double entries and have everything not only living under the same roof but also feeding automatically into the necessary pages.

Bookkeeper
Publishing
(Myself Only)

"Great if you like doing a lot of work yourself"

What do you like best?

I love that it's free but has TONS of functionality. A lot of people are now on Shopify when it comes to selling online, and they do a lot but they do it all for you and charge tons. But with WooCommerce, you have to put everything together yourself and pick and choose what functionality you want, but it's free. And there are some paid plugins that add tons more functionality, but only if you want it and it's often a one-time payment. It's not incredibly difficult to learn how it works and how to use it with ease, but it's not for everyone. In any case, if you aren't in a position to afford Shopify's fees, or if you are but have some experience with designing websites, this is a great alternative.

What do you dislike?

Not every function is available in one place. If you want a piece of basic online shop design, you have to know exactly what you're looking for to find a compatible plugin. It's not all in one package. And it doesn't look as clean or have as much customizability (design-wise) as services like Shopify.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you already have a really good understanding of Wordpress and plugins.

Keeping costs low while still having almost all the basic functionality as an online shop.

Coordinator
Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy to use for smaller webshops with WordPress"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. It is not necessary to have a huge technical knowledge to implement WooCommerce with WordPress. It is very straight-forward and several payment options (including the major ones) can be set up to use for customers through WooCommerce. At UCplus we do not have a massive webshop, but we need to be able to sell a few services and track the transactions, which makes WooCommerce perfect for us. Furthermore it is free and there are many possibilities with add-ons etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Plug-ins like WooCommerce have the ability to slow down websites and so has the situation been with our website at UCplus. WooCommerce have slowed down our website a little bit unfortunately. If we would have a bigger webshop, we would prefer to have a different solution, which is more customized to our needs. It is not super easy to change the layout so that it fits with the WordPress theme of the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definetely recommend using WooCommerce for smaller webshops. If you plan on using it for a bigger webshop, you defintely have to think twice and search the market for other solutions, which can handle more content without making the website to slow.

Charging payments for our services and tracking transactions. We can now offer our students to pay for everything online. Instead of the previouos model, where the student would have to come to us and pay. It is great solution for a business like UCplus with few products and with a lower amount of transactions.

Ecommerce Manager
Retail

"Woocommerce: Low Upfront Cost, but Requires Ongoing Upkeep"

What do you like best?

The core platform is free, necessary add-ons are relatively cheap for an annual license, and it's one of the lowest-cost options for starting up an ecommerce site. The customization options are extensive. You can do pretty much anything if you've got the technical skills or money to do so. There are many payment gateways, the front-end and admin user interfaces are fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The initial configuration required for custom sites and checkout flows is quite extensive, and not easily undertaken by a non-technical person. Unlike SaaS platforms, it requires monthly or semi-monthly upkeep, updates, and template maintenance to keep things working smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It requires more initial setup and ongoing maintenance than other platforms, but has a lower upfront investment and no monthly cost, so like anything, there's a tradeoff.

WooCommerce eliminates the need for a brick-and-mortar store for our business. It lets us take payment directly, and deliver directly to our customers, saving us thousands of dollars and improving our standing amongst the competition.

E-STORE ADMIN/CONSULTANT

"WooCommerce the best solution for beginners!"

What do you like best?

With WooCommerce, the whole idea of selling and a shopping cart becomes so much more easier. The best part of WooCommerce is that it is actually FREE! Imagine that, this is the best plugin for people that wants to start up an online business/website with a very little capital. It also supports most of the websites today, since it is a plugin that is actually made by wordpress.org! If you actually have used wordpress before or are familiar with wordpress, WooCommerce is just like a walk in the park. It also offers a lot flexibility, you can sell digital/downloadable products or physical items. It has also in built analytics where you can know how much you sell in a period, for an example.. how much you sell in a day, month or even a year. Also, when i say it is for free, that doesn't mean that it does not look professional. You can track orders, it has customer engagement tools and receive updates about delivery statuses. If you are using a complicated software/plugin now, switch to WooCommerce to ease your day and life.

What do you dislike?

It's just that customization of the themes can be costly, you might get bored of the same free WooCommerce theme. Also if you're new to wordpress, WooCommerce can be difficult for you. The business or individual needs to have a great understanding of both WordPress and WooCommerce in order to get the most out of the products. It isn’t a complete solution for eCommerce needs as it is a plugin specifically for WordPress.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, it is free, beginner friendly, works well with wordpress.

WooCommerce has helped me create my products and direct to selling easily. You can create variations right away and start selling in no time. The community of WooCommerce/WordPress is also large and helpful, I bet you can find all the answers to your questions in no time even though you're new to it

Business Owner

"Excellent Shopping Cart Solution"

What do you like best?

Very expandable with plugins. Easy to use,

What do you dislike?

The updates are too way frequent with Woocommerce, the themes and the plugins. It seems that the programmers are very passionate, but need to realize that shop owners can not spend copious amounts of time constantly upgrading everything. For example, a very major update was done to Wordpress and subsequently Woocommerce in December. I had to turn all updates off, not only do shop owners not have time in the busiest shopping season of the year, but it would be detrimental if anything went wrong with the updates. The constant updates really need to be reduced and definitely not anything in November / December - the time to do major updates is in January - when shops are slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would really recommend Woocommerce as a shopping cart solution. I had an oscommerce store for 13 years and I wish I had switched to Woocommerce sooner.

Online Retail Shopping. Very robust, wordpress/woocommerce community very helpful.

VP of Operations

"Great Service, Easy to Install and Configure"

What do you like best?

I didn't want to spend a lot of time and effort installing and configuring an eCommerce solution for our WordPress website. I found Woocommerce and was of and running in about an hour and that included integrating it with the Woocommerce Learning Management System called Sensei. Got my online class added as a product and ready to sell in this same time period. All easy enough to do for a beginner to Woocommerce.,

What do you dislike?

Nothing to date. I have enjoyed the online tutorials and those have gotten me through any issues I've faced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to be on a platform that is a standard for WordPress admins.

Offering eLearning courses on our real estate education website. This is a new venture for us and so we haven't started marketing yet. But we have benefitted by having an easy to install and configure tool. I was also pleased that our bank's merchant services groups is able to integrate with WooCommerce allowing us to get cheaper transaction rates that with PayPal or Square.

Owner

"Woocommerce Review"

What do you like best?

Of course first and foremost that it is FREE! Shopify charges $29.99, but you can modify Woocommerce to do the SAME exact thing for free. It’s a great software and easy to use. I love it!

What do you dislike?

The downsides would be the amount of work it takes to set it up, as well as getting a website up with it. But after that initial investment, it’s worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend switching to Woocommerce if you are in the e-commerce business. It’s FREE and has more opportunity than Shopify. You can build unlimited stores for free and bypassing the $29 shopify fee. Save money and bring more success into your life!

Saving Money! I have realized there is many more apps available for Woocommerce than Shopify.

UDE NDUKA

"Sell Anything On Your Wordpress Website"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and start selling without any payment or subscription.

Lots of plugins to add more features.

Easy to integrate payment processors in any country.

International shipping or restriction is easy to implement.

Manages orders, invoice, payment, shipping and even tax.

Built for scale and commercial use.

What do you dislike?

Settings navigation structure is not very newbie friendly.

No direct support and very expensive support pack or extensions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cut out the middle men, own your shop, set it up and manage it with 100% of your earnings intact. Has every feature of a modern ecommerce system without a hand in your pocket.

List and Sell unlimited products and services.

Process orders and dispatch.

Accept donations and offerings with full documentation.

Collaborate on sales and store management

"Recomendado para principiantes"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce es un plugin totalmente gratuito que permite convertir tu web Wordpress en una tienda online operativa al instante. Es fácilmente configurable y permite personalizar muchos de los aspectos de nuestro ecommerce así como gestionar el proceso de venta desde la propia plataforma. Podemos enlazar el plugin con muchos de los software de facturación y contabilidad más utilizados hoy en día lo que supone una ventaja competitiva que facilita mucho la correcta gestión del negocio.

What do you dislike?

El hecho de ser gratuito es, a priori, un aspecto negativo pero, por contra, podemos considerarlo también un aspecto negativo. ¿Por qué? Porque al ser un plugin totalmente gratuito es más vulnerable a ataques de extraños. Siendo el plugin para la creación de ecommerces por excelencia en la actualidad deberían mejorar muchos aspectos en seguridad para la tranquilidad de los millones de usuarios que lo utilizan hoy en día en sus comercios.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and share your opinion! Also you can try other alternatives like Prestashop o Shopify

Principalmente el poder establecer un negocio en línea de forma totalmente gratuita y cómoda, rápida y eficaz. El beneficio más importante es la capacidad de conversión de nuestros ecommerces gracias a la instalación del plugin en conjunto con el gran abanico de extensiones que podemos descargar. Gracias a ello tendremos multitud de opciones para personalizar nuestra tienda, el proceso de pago, los tipos de productos, el envío, la facturación y hasta el reenvío de emails de confirmación para los pedidos.

"Cumple con todas mis necesidades"

What do you like best?

La plataforma es en su mayoría intuitiva. Parece que hay un flujo de trabajo directo y aparente, sin muchas campanas y silbatos. Uso WooCommerce de una manera muy limitada, así que es genial para esa función.

What do you dislike?

Ahora usamos una forma diferente para hacer sonar las órdenes. Entonces en el back-end, no está integrado. No soy el que toma las decisiones por los gastos de integración y no sé el alcance de lo que tendría que cambiar con nuestro negocio para hacerlo, pero esa es la mayor pérdida de tiempo. Es mi trabajo, es cómo recibo horas, pero no es eficiente en absoluto.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si todas sus compras y envíos están integrados con WooCommerce, genial. De lo contrario, y planea usarlo lo más barato posible y conectarlo en otros sistemas manualmente, con su personal, funcionará, pero puede haber algunos puntos débiles.

Estamos garantizando un rápido servicio al cliente a los clientes. El principal beneficio es que las órdenes telefónicas, que pueden tomar hasta 40 minutos de tiempo del personal, ya no son necesarias. Esto libera a los asociados de ventas para que estén con los clientes en la tienda en lugar de llamar a la gente para que reciba pedidos.

"Buena herramienta de compras"

What do you like best?

Que la plataforma básica es gratis. Fue bastante fácil de instalar, especialmente porque este no es mi fuerte. Ofrecen un tema gratuito que puede personalizar marginalmente para su escaparate.

What do you dislike?

Estoy usando el tema y los productos de WC pero mi sitio web no funciona correctamente. Sigo recibiendo rebotes entre WooCommerce y GoDaddy y realmente no resuelvo mi problema. WooCommerce exige ciertos estándares para el estado de su sistema y GoDaddy dice que no pueden cumplir con esos estándares. Después de pasar varios días rebotando sin respuestas reales de ninguna de las partes, simplemente me di por vencido. Si no puedo resolver el problema de la configuración por mi cuenta, busco otro proveedor de comercio electrónico.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si bien esto es básicamente gratuito, debe tener en cuenta que el plugin WC Facebook (del sitio WC) no funciona. Además, los complementos de envío son caros y solo son válidos por un año. Cualquier ahorro que pueda obtener al usar los complementos de WC se compensa automáticamente con el precio del complemento.

Tener un sitio de comercio electrónico. Puedo tomar tarjetas de crédito y enviar desde mi sitio sin un gran gasto.

"WooCommerce gives you everything to adjust your products in the best way"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is a platform that allows you to customize your products in the best possible way. Imagine you have some technically difficult product that has a lot of variations depending on its components. You would go mad creating each one separately, so here is WooCommerse to solve it. You can introduce simple product or a variable product and the platform will automatically generate all the variations of it. In case there are too many variations you can use Composite Product type to let the customer choose himself each component at the moment of buying on your website and thus to get the product that suits him best. The prices will be changing according to the type of the product your client has chosen, you just need to introduce all the necessary information in WooCommerce. For me it is especially useful because now we are introducing hundreds of products on the web site

What do you dislike?

There is no option to sort categories by the date of creation, it could be very handy in case you need to delete massively the categories that you introduced by mistake

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may seem difficult in the beginning, but it is not. Do recommend to give it a try

Presenting product in a handy way for a user, website looks professionally.

"La mejor solucion e-commerce de codigo abierto"

What do you like best?

Su escalabilidad y el tamaño de la comunidad que se ha formado, Con la integración de otros plugins es posible solucionar todos los recursos que faltan a woocommerce fácilmente... Multi-idiomas? Hay un plugin para eso, Mejorar el SEO, hay un plugin para eso, vender un producto formado de muchos otros productos agrupados? Hay un plugin... y así para casi cualquier limitación que encuentres... la mayoría de los plugins son gratuitos y los de pago suelen ser bastante asequibles, además por ser código abierto cualquier desarrollador puede modificar caso no encuentres un plugin que ya haga lo que necesitas.

What do you dislike?

Igual que con Wordpress (donde Woocommerce funciona) necesitas un BUEN servidor con OPCache habilitado, una versión reciente del PHP y además plugins de cache y optimización y un CDN... Es MUY FÁCIL crear una tienda, no tan fácil que la tienda sea rápida, principalmente cuando añadas miles de productos a tu base de datos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asegúrese de que tu servidor sea rapido y tenga opcache habilitado así como una versión reciente del PHP.

Principalmente ofrecer toda la información de nuestros productos de forma fácil y intuitiva, lo usaremos como un catálogo online en la fase 1 de nuestra nueva web (aún en beta) añadiendo ventas en una segunda fase de region en region (empezando por España).