Workable

From job description to offer letter, Workable provides the tools you need to discover and delight more candidates and decide who’s best for your business, fast.

Work for Workable?

Learning about Workable?

Workable Reviews

Ask Workable a Question
Showing 50 Workable reviews
Hazel Amanda M.

"excellent personal tracking and recruiting software"

What do you like best?

In my job, searching, finding and hiring qualified personnel is a very complex task and with a great responsibility to the company, for this reason I found Workable very much since it is a valuable tracking system that allows me to request personnel and recruit them if their profile is consistent with what I need, it also attracts me because thanks to it I have been able to meet with enough people and thus have more options to choose and in this way make the best choice.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have not found any aspect that I do not like, on the contrary it satisfies my needs in a satisfactory way always in the search of improving my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it with your eyes closed because without a doubt we will not find another system for tracking and recruiting personnel that gives us the security and confidence that Workable gives us.

the fact that Workable crossed my path has brought me great benefits and has facilitated the work of recruiting highly qualified personnel to perform important functions in the company, I have been able through this system to make the right decision when hiring It allows me to find and evaluate quickly through evaluation tests, interviews and scorecards. the biggest benefit and at the same time problem that I have solved is that I no longer need to waste time filling spreadsheets with data and personnel information but efficiently workable automates the processes saving me time and generating automatically accurate reports, without margin of error and detailed.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Workable
Mary C.

"Very Intuitive and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I interview lots of candidates for other hiring managers. With Workable, it is very easy for me to share my comments on the candidate after the interview. No more emails asking me what I thought of the candidates. I can easily get to their resume and LinkedIn profile via Workable. I like to review other interviewers comments after I enter mine so I can see if we had the same viewpoint. I always learn something new. I like that I can see what happened to the candidate after the interview step and where they are in the process. Email notifications of updates on candidates is helpful too. It's a very smooth process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of as a user. Only issue I have had is not being able to see a candidate because someone on our staff forgot to give me access. I don't know if there is a way for the system to prevent that from happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set expectations for your users to enter their feedback on candidates immediately after they interview them. Be sure you have someone assigned and who has time to give interviewers access to the right candidates.

Overall improved process for managing candidates and getting them through the hiring process faster. Benefits include: better communications, improved visibility of candidates throughout the process, good collaboration among interviewers and with recruiter..

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Alex M.

"I almost gave up on ATS before I switched to Workable from ClearCompany"

What do you like best?

The product is so simple and easy to use. Set up took minutes and not weeks and every Workable employee we have interacted with has been great. As a hiring manager the mobile app helps drive collaboration and quick response time to interviews from my peers.

There is a night and day difference between Workable and ClearCompany. If your product is not easy to use and your service is not strong I cannot partner with a vendor like that. Service is very important to me and that has been the biggest value add since partnering with Workable.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. Had so many issues with my previous ATS ClearCompany, some of them were probably my own fault during roll out phase but, the lack of service I received made it impossible to stand the system up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the mobile features. I can't tell you how much more we use it now that it works on our phones.

We are a rapidly scaling Saas company and hiring is our #1 initiative. As a sales leader, I need to have full visibility into my candidate pipeline and to my co-workers feedback on candidates.

We have been able to hire faster and identify good fits systematically in just a few short months.

Brian S.

"Workable has truly streamlined our recruitment and applicant tracking efforts"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. I like the job listing and approval process that allows me to create and edit my own job listing. I can invite others in my organization to collaborate on filtering through applicants and I now have a very clear view into the progress that we are making on filling a position.

What do you dislike?

I've been using the system for over 6 months now and I haven't found anything that I dislike.

I'm at a quickly growing SaaS company, so this tool allows me to stay organized as I hire for my team. Conversations with our various internal and external recruiters were through email previously, and it was hard to keep track of all of the candidates, move them through a consistent process, and get feedback from my colleagues that are a part of the interview/hiring process.

Lexi B.

"Great Admin experience"

What do you like best?

As the administrator, it makes it incredibly easy to keep track of multiple job postings, status of candidates as well as feedback from hiring managers across multiple organizations.

What do you dislike?

It has honestly been very easy to use. There have not been many hiccups with our implementation. Our only issue was the consistency and timelines of feedback from our employees regarding candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have your hiring teams set out. It is far easier to have your teams established prior to set up to prevent missing anyone on the hiring team.

We were using email to track the progress of and give feedback on candidates. This has help expedite our hiring process. It is much easier to follow and gives time back to the hiring manager that was wasted in our clunky process.

Juliana M.

"Workable is an ATS of the most recommended "

What do you like best?

Workable has fascinated us from the first moment. With this platform we can track each phase of our activities and the performance of each employee, in addition you can attend all kinds of processes related to the monitoring of candidates, such as job interviews, and reports on activity in them . In summary, it is very good with recruiting management. It has a good system of customizable branding, with which it is easy to edit and manage our brand online.

What do you dislike?

It lacks basic functions such as an activity Dashboard to keep track of everyone's work, a management system for employee databases, whose information can not even be imported or exported from other platforms or in spreadsheets. It does not allow onboarding, real-time reports, and self-service functions (it does not even have a portal for employees). Does not allow time tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using Workable has become a necessity. This software implements everything necessary to get a good job interview management, and to meet the requirements of current human resources departments. It is highly recommended its version for android, since it offers good web accessibility without needing uncomfortable installation processes.

Workable has helped a lot to automate our daily tasks away from employee and candidate tracking. Our recruitment marketing has increased, because now we can better execute our Showcase employer brand, and therefore we can attract more people to work. It has also helped with our human resource management, and to improve the customer experience. With Workable it is excellent to carry out job interviews via web.

Deb M.

"Workable offers us so many options!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share applicants with other team members - we can add our notes, email the applicant using their recommended templates (or customize them ourselves!) and track them throughout the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to move a candidate from one job to another if we feel they are more qualified to a different position we have open. I wish you could add a working link to a document we want them to fill out or set them up for an Uberconference call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you learn the product, it's easy to navigate and search. If you've never used software of this type there is a bit of a learning curve to learn all of the features the product offers.

We've attempted to track our applicants via an Asana task and move them through different stages but it was messy, confusing and not nearly as easy to communicate with them to send mass emails or individual replies.

Kelly C.

"Functional ATS with lots of great perks"

What do you like best?

I love the organizational pipeline that tracks your candidates through each stage of the interview process - from applying to hiring. The pipeline is totally customizable which is great for our company's unique processes. From a marketing standpoint, we love that Workable is integrated with our website's careers page - better for SEO, etc.

What do you dislike?

We get so many candidates that it would be nice to have a customized, generic email go out immediately upon applying. Workable send's it's own "We received your application" but we'd like to have one go out explaining that we may take a week or two to get back to them while we sort through everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really consider how may job slots you need - we way overestimated and will likely be scaling back at renewal. I also am not totally sold on the "People Search" function.

Our applicant tracking is totally organized! We used to have great candidates that fell into the "black hole" - forgetting about, never followed up with. That doesn't happen anymore. And we're keeping our managers accountable for what needs they say they have.

Leigh V.

"Great tool with many uses"

What do you like best?

Workable is super easy to learn/use and extremely helpful for keeping all of our candidate info and correspondence in one place. Plus Workable is constantly updating with new features that make it even better.

What do you dislike?

I can only say I dislike a few small things (that are easily fixed and hopefully will be). If you have the same candidate in the system twice there's no way to merge them. Also, you can't move a candidate from a job into the Talent Pool, which would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Considering they will give you a free trial, there's no downside to trying Workable out. The tool has been massively helpful to our company. We started out just using it in one department but quickly realized the entire company could benefit from using it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a better way to communicate with and organize candidates.

Workable is a one-stop-shop for advertising a job, tracking and corresponding with candidates, reviewing candidates after interviews and communicating with co-workers about candidates. It's saved massive amounts of time for me as a recruiting coordinator and has been happily adopted by the entire company (which is a feat!).

Aravind N.

"A handy tool for a recruiter"

What do you like best?

Workable is an amazing crm tool for a recruiter. Unlike other crm tools which can be used to store leads for sales and recruiting, workable is purposefully created for recruitment process. We can post and publish a job. It says it will post to 20+ job boards and sources the resumes. The resumes received through workable can be handled in workable’s dashboard through one can send emails, track and update the status of the candidates in the recruiting process.

It has a chrome extension were we can search using keywords such as name and title or you can paste the LinkedIn link to get email and phone number along with the presence of social media profiles. You can avail 5 free credits every day for a free user, to get more credits we need to upgrade the plan.

What do you dislike?

While using chrome extension to find contact details such as email and phone number, whether you get the contact info or not the credits will be deducted and these daily 5 free credits will not get carry over to other day so we have to use it at least by the end of the day. The contact info obtained sometimes contains dead phone numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Workable has 15 day free trial to post jobs to get resumes sourced and a free chrome extension with daily 5 credits loaded to get contact info by just pasting the LinkedIn link in the search bar. If you like it you can upgrade to a paid plan.

It is very useful to find contact info while lead generation. It gives multiple phone numbers and email addresses as well as links to various social media profiles which helps to get actionable insights about the candidate. Found phone numbers for few prospects in some situations.

Erika B.

"The only way we've been able to rapidly hire"

What do you like best?

As a sales leader, if we are going to add "yet another tool" for us to use, it needs to be simple and intuitive. I can honestly say that set up was legitimately less than an hour and has provided me much needed visibility into my candidate pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can say the only downside is that I wasn't aware of the mobile app sooner. I saw tremendous efficiencies and I wasn't taking advantage of the mobile capabilities. The downside was my user error....

It has created much needed efficiencies across the team. As a rapidly growing software company, we need to be able to quickly see feedback, comments and concerns from all those involved in the hiring process. Workable has allowed me to streamline my process and and me valuable time throughout the day.

Brad P.

"Simply robust"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to custom design the recruitment stages, and the interaction with other managers with whom I need to discuss candidates. Generally, it's also a very easy platform to use.

What do you dislike?

Loading can be pretty slow, and I think several tasks could do with some improvement in terms of number of clicks. Something as repetitive as moving through the recruitment cycle in an ATS involves a lot of repeat actions. Some of those are accounted for, but I think the workflow could be made more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check if you'll get the integrations with other software platforms you might hope for. If it checks those boxes, I think it's worth at least a trial. I'm happy with Workable and like that it doesn't get too involved / complicated. If a simple process is what you're after, I think you'll probably be happy with Workable. If you want ALL the bells and whistles, maybe keep shopping.

We get a few hundred applicants for each job ad we put live, so Workable has helped us manage that flow, as well as retain a great pipeline of candidates.

UF
User in Furniture

"Excellent Recruitment Website "

What do you like best?

Workable is streamlined and very efficient to use. Not only do you have multiple pools of candidates to choose from you can share candidates between recruiters and positions. You can also move candidates stage by stage in the hiring process, anywhere from reviewed all the way though to hired. This allows an easy streamlined pipeline of use when dealing with multiple applicants. Searching through applicants is also easy as well. You are able to filter through names, headlines, and even tags. Communication can be done through the website as well keeping yet another aspect organized between you and your applicants or other recruiters using the same job board.

What do you dislike?

For email communications it would be nice to see the entire email chain from the email itself. Workable separates these unless you are on the candidate profile.

Being able to help other recruiters or managers fill positions. When you have a candidate more qualified for another position, it is easy to move them over.

AD
Administrator in Design

"Workable Works!"

What do you like best?

Workable makes it easy to create applicant pipelines, collaborate with co-workers, and communicate with candidates. It's been a breeze for our team to pick up and offers great customer support. It's also easy to create a simple job page for your business.

What do you dislike?

I like just about everything about Workable! I wish there were a few more options to create our careers page without having to use dev resources, but what is offered works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time setting up your pipelines before you get going. Create custom templates to communicate with your candidates.

Workable is making it easy to track and communicate about our candidates. Workable helps us avoid "ghosting" on our candidates and helps us create a better candidate experience.

Megan S.

"Streamline Your Hiring Process"

What do you like best?

It makes the hiring process so much easier! Everything is in one place and it takes care of the posting for you! You can track your applicants from their application all the way through the process to hiring! We absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right off the bat -- we truly do love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will streamline your process -- they have a free trial so you can definitely try before you buy!

Hiring! It saves us from having to cross-post our job ads and lets us manage the entire process in one place... including inviting different team members to evaluate applicants for any given job.

Dustin M.

"Workable has streamlined our interview and hiring process"

What do you like best?

We were doing things the old fashioned way with sheets in a shared drive basically trying to track things manually. We looked at a lot of solutions and Workable seemed to fit our online centric collaborative culture. My core responsibilities are not related to interviewing and hiring so I love that I can quickly get pulled into the process, leave my feedback and then check in as needed. Also if I need some back ground info on a candidate and where they are in the process I don't need a full briefing from our HR team, I can just look at a candidates timeline and jump right in.

What do you dislike?

I felt like I was getting too many updates on new candidates as we had a high number applying everyday. I went into my profile and changed from a daily alert to a weekly update. Problem solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

We were trying to solve the problems that come along with manually tracking candidates through spreadsheets and shared drives. We are a rapid growth start up and needed something that could scale with us.

We've cut considerably cut down the amount of time our HR staff spends on hiring and found a solution that quickly and easily plugs in the right people at the right time in the process. I've also lost a little weight during the process but that might just be due to better eating habits and increased activity

Joseph L.

"Decent Workflow for Hiring, from a Hiring Manager Perspective"

What do you like best?

Workable is nice from the perspective of being able to move candidates through a process, from initial screening through phone screen to onsite interviews, etc. Bonus is the ability to email communicate with them directly inside the product, and to be able to converse with colleagues about candidates and have all of that captured and easily reviewed.

What do you dislike?

The product is lacking some sort of candidate ranking system, a way to compare candidates inside a particular phase or stage against each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you're ok with not having simple candidate scoring; if that's not a need, this is a great system.

It's wildly easy to collaborate on candidates and quickly move through the hiring process.

Natalie B.

"Some tweaks needed, but overall a great tool"

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive and everything is customizable. I can collaborate with team members easily using workable. Daily email alerts keep me up to date with applicants. The background check feature is super convenient and I like how Workable pulls in social media info into the account.

What do you dislike?

In order to repost a job, you have to create an entirely new post, meaning that candidates can't be tracked in the same req. Along the same lines, there is nowhere to store candidates who have expressed an interest in your company without assigning them to a specific role. I would also love to see a more robust search feature and reports. Linkedin profiles are sometimes not matched with the correct applicants, but that's rare. The only other thing that would make this nearly perfect are the addition of a few additional job boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have another way to track generally interested applicants-- there's no way to add qualified candidates to the system unless you create a job for them or add them to an existing one.

We use workable as our main ATS, so we track everyone through it. Before that, we were keeping track of folks in spreadsheets-- it was really a mess!

Maxime B.

"Great ATS"

What do you like best?

Workable allows you to be in sync with all of the candidates from different position very easily. It's user friendly platform helps you navigate through all of the stages of the process with a quick glance. And you can connect other tools that you might be using. We did it for our assessment tools, and the process went very well.

What do you dislike?

We can't send bulk emails of the assessment tools to candidate just yet. Hence a lot of clicks are required to contact every candidate with the link for the assessment tool.

We're saving a lot time!!!

George D.

"Chief Revenue Officer"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use. Collaboration features internally on candidates is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be a little more intuitive but could be user error for sure. In fairness, I never did the training.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If ease of use is important then give Workable a shot. They have great customer service and will ensure success.

Same time recruiting, screening, interviewing and hiring candidates.

"Great addition for recruiting managers "

What do you like best?

Workable was incredibly intuitive and user friendly, and was constantly updating the software to become more user friendly, and better integrated. I liked that I could make sponsored posts to Indeed and LinkedIn straight from Workable, rather than having to go to each individual job board, and each external job board post linked candidates to our job page - something that more sophisticated ATS are still lagging in. It was a great place to centralize information for multiple users, and made it easy to see the correspondence/notes that hiring managers hard about candidates (or instructions - such as 'call this person and schedule an interview). Managers found it easy to use whenever I showed them how to use it. It also tracked metrics like where candidates were sourced from, where SUCCESSFUL candidates were sourced from, time to hire, etc.

What do you dislike?

Didn't like that when you click on the title of the job, it's a bit tedious to go to the applicants, since it takes you into the backend of the job description (frequently forgot to click on the applicant number to see them, often went to the wrong place)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The implementation team is amazing, and so is their customer support. They don't charge extra for questions, and they continue to integrate with other solutions (back checks, applicant tests, etc.)

Workable helped us centralize applicant information (like interview notes, reference checks, test scores), and it's many templates for phone screens/references meant I had less documents floating around in folders getting lost.

"Good baseline product"

What do you like best?

It's a solid platform that integrates with Google suite and assists with applicant tracking. It makes messaging and reviewing where candidates are in the application process fairly smooth.

What do you dislike?

The integration with google events is sometimes buggy with its sync and will send multiple invites to the candidate if you just add another attendee (even within Google events itself)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for the baseline product, but the 3rd site integrations (pay per click) ROI aren't the clearest as applicants move through. I recommend still using any paid promotion services as an external service.

A smoother application process for our candidates for our multi-stage reviews (phone, technical, in person).

User in Management Consulting

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

I found the layout of the platform really easy to use. If was great to be able to see how many applications were at each stage of the process. I also liked being able to easily track all communications with candidates through the platform. Was also great to be able to collaborate with other members of the organisation through the comments features.

What do you dislike?

What I really would have like was a IOS mobile app. The mobile website worked fine, but I was a little harder to navigate around. This being said, I believe that an IOS version is on the way. Would have been nice to be able to upload templates to a stage of the process to standardise the process more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a really simple and easy to use platform, definitely worth considering.

We were ultimately trying to build a team, and through workable we were able to accurately track and mange the hiring process. Not only this but other parts of the organisation were also buildings there teams out at the same time and we were all able to easily use this platform.

"Workable Review"

What do you like best?

- General usability and intuitive usage

- Ability to tag and search tags is helpful

- The fact that emails are linked so that full interactions are logged is helpful

What do you dislike?

Suggestions rather than criticisms but:

- When i've made a mistake and moved someone into a stage which I then want to delete so the colleagues don't wrongly assume they've moved further than they have

- Would be great if you could rate good candidates or have a button/category for coming back to them if they were good but there was no role available at that time

- Not sure of the "not interested or suitable stage" is a standard for workable or created by the account administrator from my company but it does not adequately distinguish between candidates who aren't interested, or when we reject a candidate

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not just useful as a platform for publishing job specs and receiving applications through one, visible-to-all avenue but has had the surprise benefit of effectively standardising the hiring process. It is an effective logging tool, and works for re-targetting old candidates and providing key data (such as number of unsuccessful applicants) to prompt businesses to improve/adjust a job spec or be more realistic about the candidate they're looking for

Business problems:

- Not just useful as a platform for publishing job specs and receiving applications through one, visible-to-all avenue but has had the surpirse benefit of effectively standardising the hiring process. It is an effective logging tool, and works for re-targetting old candidates and providing key data (such as number of unsuccessful applicants) to prompt businesses to improve/adjust a job spec or be more realistic about the candidate they're looking for

AF
Administrator in Financial Services

"Workable is a great, easy to use solution for our company's rapid growth"

What do you like best?

I come from an HR/Recruiting background and was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to learn the ins and outs of Workable. Within less than a week, I was already well versed with the site and most of the functions. It's easily one of the most attractive, user friendly ATSs I've ever used. Whenever I do have a question, the Workable staff are always quick to respond with a solution. There have been rare occasions when Workable hasn't had a function I was looking for, but since it's a web-based solution, the Workable team is very willing to look into ways to constantly enhance their product , based on user suggestions.

What do you dislike?

There are some suggestions I have given on functions I have needed that Workable doesn't currently have:

- We have a lot of people who were hired for a role on Workable that then help with the interviewing for that same role in the future. It would be nice to be able to archive their profiles (and the profiles of other hired people) and keep the same role open for them to work off of rather than having to open a new role and move all candidates over or to input their feedback for them.

- It would also be helpful to have an easier way of knowing if someone has applied to multiple roles other than looking up their name in the search bar and seeing a few entries and the small message about it on the bottom of their timeline (which is often hidden when there are emails/feedback for the person)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great web-based ATS solution that you can use on the go or throughout your normal day. It's easy to use without being over simplified and Workable has helped us reach our aggressive hiring goals for the year.

We were very rapidly growing in the beginning of this year (we have doubled in size over the last 8 months) and Workable has been a really easy way to organize all of the applicants, move them through the interview/hiring process, engage the hiring managers, and a great resource to store comments/resumes etc. The hiring volume that we were doing earlier this year would have been a lot more stressful/harder to manage without Workable.

Learn more about Workable

Workable Videos

Learning about Workable?

* We monitor all Workable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.