As a HR personnel who looks after the full recruitment cycle for a small company, Workable helps me save tremendously and in a very professional manner:
- Sync with my company email (we use Google suite - so it's really convenient); I'm not sure for the case of private company email domains, but I do see Workable updating its integration list from time to time
- Pushing job postings and then collating all applications/ emails from 10 free websites in one place, by posting. Before I had this, we manually tracked candidates pipeline by creating shared Excel files, and constantly update status after replying candidates' emails. You can imagine the pain if you have 10 open positions at different stages, with different assessment process, and that you need to coordinate with different managers - you can handle a few but definitely it won't be scalable. Thanks to Workable, I am able to manage both recruitment and other HR functions.
- Candidate management - by matching email addresses, the platform is also able to let me know if certain candidates have applied in the past, and with a click I can the applicant's past application, including communication trail. In such cases, it gave me a side story about the candidate that doesn't appear on resume - Super helpful!
- Resume parsing - there's no guarantee it's 100% accurate, but it's pretty good so far. My previous manual Excel file system requires tons of manual data entry from candidates' resume, which feels like a waste of time many times
- They also have candidate suggestion function, where they suggest profiles that they have based on your posting. Our package has limited slots yearly so I use it when it's hard to find candidates for some niche position. I wouldn't say it's the best platform to look for such candidates - as this is definitely not Workable's strength, but it does come handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.