ClearCompany Reviews & Product Details

ClearCompany Overview

What is ClearCompany?

For more than a decade, ClearCompany has helped companies identify, hire and retain thousands of A Players from among millions of applicants. In short, we help our clients reach the next level of total talent management. How? With one organic, unified platform designed and built from the ground up for better hiring experiences, seamless onboarding, company-wide goal alignment and performance management, all driven by best practices.

ClearCompany Details
English, French, Spanish

With Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, Performance Management and Goal-Setting, ClearCompany allows their clients to effortlessly move talent from applicant to new hire to top performer. Unlike "all in one" back-office HR platforms, their solutions work together to improve talent by linking performance reviews back with hiring.

ClearCompany is the only Talent Management Platform that leverages best practices to help HR professionals find, hire, manage and engage more A Players.

ClearCompany
2004
Boston, MA
@ClearCompany

ClearCompany Screenshots

ClearCompany Reviews

Showing 195 ClearCompany reviews
Already have ClearCompany?
What do you like best?

The user experience with ClearCompany is simple. The program is set up for easy functionality, the look is clean, and I've never had an issue with the system going down or being unavailable. I like that when I post a job I get five free job boards that the job goes to as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike with ClearCompany. I would like to see more robust reporting for 360 reviews and for that functionality to be a bit simpler. The other enhancement I'd love would be to integrate with more payroll vendors than ADP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiting was a very manual process before implementing ClearCompany. One huge benefit I've realized is moving from 40 pages of paper onboarding to all electronic and seamless. It's great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

hr rep
What do you like best?

We appreciate the fact that it is web based, and not paper based, the fact that you can search for an applicant, and that Clear Company is always trying to better their platform.

Also love the texting aspect - it has been a great tool to get quicker responses from candidates, and being able to tag candidates to easily find them later. Clear Comapny being able to integrate with out payroll company and company website is definitely a plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to directly "reply' to a candidate (ie, when you receive a message from an applicant in clear company, to reply, you must just create a new message, and that new message does not have the applicant's previous message in the body for reference). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every applicant now gets a response from our company in a timely fashion regardless of being considered for a job or not. I think that says a lot for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead
What do you like best?

The process had a nice outline at the top of the evaluations I had to review for my team. Made it simple to know what steps will be completed to get things finished. Had a similar feel to my salesforce progression, very professional and little extra work had to be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I was worried about was that I may not be able to find it if I did not complete the review right there and then, and I was not sure I was able to review these easily if I needed to find this and go back except through my email . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of getting things clearly communicated for what expectations I have for each of my employees. I have realized the benefits that my employees can say what they are struggling with and have an open forum for what to discuss there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branch Manager
What do you like best?

I loved how easy it is to connect with different advertisement sites. I used a few different places to look for candidates including indeed and craigslist. It filters all applicants to one place where you can review them in an organized fashion. I also loved all of the digital folders where you can keep different pools of candidates (For the ones you've contacted but haven't responded yet, the ones that have an interview scheduled, etc.) It's also great for when you have multiple people working with the same pool of candidates. As long as all your people are moving / dispositioning candidates correctly, things stay organized. Think of it like how a team of employees are able to work on the same google doc together. It also keeps all of your onboarding paperwork together in a tight space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd recommend updating the site a little bit. I feel like it takes too many clicks to get where I need to, so it could be a bit more user friendly that way. Also, I wish there was a faster way to upload documents for employees. I wish you could just click on an employee profile and upload everything for that person, without having the page reload and search for the document you need to upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure to have an orientation meeting if possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helpful because I've been able to stay on top of my different teams that are hiring. With a click of a button I can see the status of each team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Specialist / HR Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

We utilize Clear Company's ATS, Onboarding, Goals and Performance platforms. These four applications support our Talent, Performance Management and Goal setting and communication for our organization. It is a wonderful way to cascade the goals and visibility throughout the company., Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Clear Company is working to improve many of their platforms. The communication on the upgrades and improvements aren't communicated well to the users. If it wasn't for our Clear Company rep, we wouldn't know about the changes many times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to current users to understand how Clear Company will meet your needs first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clear Company brought our onboarding process to the 21st century! We also enjoy the automated reports Clear Company provides for our hiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

It is customizable and can integrate with other systems such as HRIS, onboarding, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not very user friendly and the system feels outdated. I know they are actively working on a new update to make it more modern and easier to use. Another major issue is that, while it does post out to the job boards you select (indeed, linkedin, etc.) the ability to sponsor the postings does not work the way we would like it to, and we have difficulty finding our own postings sometimes when looking at these job boards externally. Also, while the system is customizable, I did not find that it was easy to do so, and it was very time consuming to figure out things that should be simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great option to do the basics that you need in an Applicant Tracking System. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps us keep track of candidates for our jobs and which step in the process they are in. Can also automate emails to the candidate directly through the system. It does everything you would want a basic ATS to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Manager
What do you like best?

The customer service is unmatched. We have gone through plenty of moments with CC where they could have easily said "no" to our ideas. Instead, they always found a way to accommodate us. I also like they the system is constantly upgrading. Since we have been working with them (approximately three years now), they have had several iterations of updates which is wonderful. They continue to grow as an organization but our customer service has not been impacted negatively by that at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love a more robust way to handling employee exits and maintaining accurate records once an employee is leaving the organization. I feel the onboarding component of the software is excellent but we have tried to use it for a lot of things it isn't intended for such as general electronic paperwork updates and offboarding paperwork/task assignments. I wish there was a way to differentiate the two processes within the system more. I also wish the electronic filing system within a user profile was a bit more robust/edit-able. I would also like to see more flexibility within some of the email templates that the system will not let you edit, such as task assignment emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All of our candidate and employee records and processes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiting Manager
What do you like best?

The ATS and Onboarding platforms have all the most current functionality, it was a breeze to implement, it's user friendly, the support has been stellar so far, and it provides a professional and streamlined candidate experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been just a few things I would have liked to customize more, but I've found that with any implementation I've done. (This is my 5th implementation). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are improving our communication internally and with candidates/new hires, we are streamlining our processes internally, we are improving the candidate experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate, Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

Clear Company helped me implement a full ATS and Onboarding solution for my company. I was a department of one with no support from IT, and Clear Company helped shoulder the burden and ensure that my ATS was up and running, tested and good to go in 4 weeks during a very busy time of year for hiring. With Clear Company we reduced time to fill by 33% and reduced our reliance upon contract recruiters to fill positions.

Clear Company has continued to improve their product offering, constantly seeking feedback from me on what I would like to see work differently in their system. They are responsive and helpful. Our client representative meets with us quarterly to understand changes to our business and seeks out ways to support us. Clear Company's library of training videos made it easy to teach my hiring managers how to quickly adopt the ATS into their routine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not an automatic integration with the Deltek family of accounting/HRIS software. Deltek is widely used in the architecture/engineering field and it would behoove Clear Company to have a seamless integration at no extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build a seamless integration with Deltek Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shorter time to fill, improved candidate pool, better tracking metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ClearCompany's best feature is the ability to post across multiple online job sites with one click. The ability to text applicants is also extremely helpful, as is the ability to grade applicants as we see fit - we have utilized this grading system amongst the recruiters to track how many times they have contacted the individual as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform is slightly clunky - while it is user-friendly once you get the hang of the system, ClearCompany is not simplified enough to integrate into the daily lives of our managers. For example - Workable (I know you guys don't want to hear this, but please take it with a grain of salt), was easier not only on the eyes, but also to the average Joe who needs quick access to only certain fields/ buckets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With ClearCompany, our company has been able to extend our reach to new candidates and expand our manning power, as well as unite our recruiting offices across the nation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jason Burke of ClearCompany

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that our posting and grading features are really helping you out. For our user interface, we always strive to make it intuitive and easy to use. I would love to get more feedback as to how we can improve. I'll reach out to you directly. Thanks again for your partnership!

What do you like best?

certainly the people that they put forth in front of their clients. Our implementation Manager Chelsea was extremely knowledgeable and provided us with the tools and resources necessary to effectively set up our platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

haven't had a bad experience as yet, and don't expect to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well worth the look and very competitive. They don't try to be an all or nothing organization. Can fill a single need, then expand to fill other needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee annual and periodic evaluations, goals and values Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Officer
What do you like best?

The set up process is highly organized and intuitive. The set-up specialist was knowledgeable, patient and a pleasure to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to store HR documents in the platform that could be visible to all, such as Health benefit booklets, Employee Policy and Procedure manuals. This would make it a more well rounded platform instead of just making those documents available to new hires. Would also like the ability to have the shoutouts go out to the entire company at least via email for those of us who don't have Slack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

greater organization with directory of staff, accountability of goals and tasks and well organized performance reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

As a recruiter it makes my job a lot easier. When we place requisitions it's like fill in the blanks. No brainer. The text feature is brilliant way to communicate with applicants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that if you enter an update you are not able to retract it. Also, the sourcing part still has tweeks and it is not intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clear is amazing! It makes recruiting and onboarding so easy. The Customer Support is so good. When they introduce new features they let our office know and provide training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiting and scheduling but most importantly communicating with the applicant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really love this software. I have been in Human Resources for over 10 years, with different industries, and I have used some of the "Best" and have been left wanting to pull my hair out. This product is user friendly, backed by a team of dedicated people who are so easy to reach and talk to. There are free webinars often, and when major updates are rolled out, the team is there to make sure the changes are as smooth as possible. I totally recommend this software to anyone who needs to efficiently run an HR Department without having to stop and explain the software over and over and over, or without having to stay on hold with tech support for half the day. This company really supports their customers and that alone makes it worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with all things, there are a few things that I wish were a bit different, but in being totally transparent, my complaints are simply about preferences and customization. This product is very flexible and in learning to use the numerous features offered, my 'complaints' are negligible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely a game changing product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The recruitment process is much easier to see laid out on screen. The flow is easier to track and duplicate candidates are easier to maintain. The interview scheduling process is so much simpler because it is hard for anyone to fall through a crack when this software covers so many angles. You even communicate with the applicant through the software. It is almost a one stop shop.

The notes function (either not offered by competing software, or so hard to navigate to that it makes it not even worth the time) is wonderful. You can scroll through every note, and add notes so easily. No more reaching for notepads to jot down the conversation with applicants... because we all know how important it is to remember what was said and when... It is great.

Scheduling interviews is SO easy! You can sent the applicant options, based upon your open appointment times, and allow them to pick an appointment based upon times you dictated. That is an awesome option because you do not have to sit on the phone and wait for the applicant to think about it. They can see all the options and select what works for them, which results in a better show rate on interview day, and they feel that they have a choice. That little detail gets their attention because most interviewers do not offer a selection of appointments for them to choose from. The system allows you to offer multiple appointment times to multiple applicants, but prevents them from double booking a slot. It is first come first serve, but when that time is selected, no other candidate under the same interviewer, will be able to select the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
What do you like best?

I like:

- How easy it is to maneuver through.

- How I can search keywords.

- The appearance of it.

- How it organizes everything (well mostly)

- How easy it is to post jobs on Linked In, Twitter and Facebook.

- How user friendly it is!

- How candidates can apply on other platforms such as Zip Recruiter and Indeed and it’ll send it to Clear Company in one spot.

- Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike:

- That there isn't enough dispositioning templates. (drop down menu & email)

- I can't see what candidates haven't been dispositioned.

- Search tools need improvement. When I search some candidates, they don't show up, unless I go into the REQ directly.

- I can't search within just one REQ.

- There's not a distance disposition.

- There's not a way to favorite a candidate for future positions.

- There's not a disposition for "left a voicemail/text"

- There's not a way that the system automatically sends a candidate into the last disposition we put them in.

- There's not any pre-eliminating questions.

- Notifications if a REQ is incomplete/hasn't been properly disposition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very user friendly! And they are drastically improving to fit your needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clear Co makes it easy for candidates to apply.

It keeps everything together and organized.

It's easy to learn and to teach! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jason Burke of ClearCompany

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review - we always appreciate customer feedback. I understand that you would be frustrated with not having many dispositioning options, but ClearCompany offers unlimited customized disposition statuses. We also offer the ability to search across requisitions and "knockout questions" to disposition anyone who doesn't meet your basic qualifications. All of these options fall under specific application permissions, so I suggest you speak with the ClearCompany admin at your organization. And if you need help from ClearCompany, your dedicated Customer Success Manager and our award-winning Support Team will make sure you have the tools you need to succeed.

AH
What do you like best?

The fast and easy responses for the individuals that apply Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being in HR the supervisors don't have a way to type in certain words to identify an applicant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To be able to reach throughout the US Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for everyone to access, my company has a lot of older department managers, so I am the only one who uses clear company; but I know it would be SO nice to have everyone on the same page and be able to keep track of the applicant all on their profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like for the application to be downloadable. I got an email saying that the spanish application is available; but do not know how to access this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of Access, friendly support, very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think it brings a lot of peace of mind. I'm always running clear company and love having all of my information store in one place. I like that I have the ability to search for an applicant so quickly and find the information I may need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Personnel Officer
What do you like best?

It is easy to post jobs across multiple boards, to track exactly where candidates are in the process, communicate across our hiring team, and perform a seamless transition through the process into onboarding. It is quick and easy to communicate with applicants throughout the entire process through e-mail with customizable templates and text that provides a cut above candidate experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is more expensive that our previous ATS but the return on investment has been obvious to our team. Some of the interview scheduling is bulky but I know there are teams working on streamlining that process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This system is very intuitive and can provide a lot of data. If you are looking at a way to more effectively track recruiting performance and communicate with candidates, this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We opened a second restaurant location recently and were able to utilize the different functions of ClearCompany to input applicants and pull from our existing applicants to hire over 100 people in 1 month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I found it reassuring and was immediately put at ease with my implementation specialist. She explained the product as well as gave fantastic suggestions on how it can be tailored to my company's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only criticism I can give is while all of the educational videos are helpful, sometimes I learn better with a one on one walk through. I could have requested this on a number of things but ran short of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using the applicant tracking function has really helped with the communication between applicants and our company.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Easy to use but do have issues and need more training on some of settings. Example putting in new Job Descriptions for Job ads and New hires Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more training video's to help with adding new job descriptions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use training available and keep link on computer till you become comfortable using. There are a lot of tip and how to available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hiring new caregivers and putting out job ads are much easier to do now do not have to keep repeating same things can use template in system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of People Services
What do you like best?

Easy to use and service has been good!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing-we have gotten what we paid for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is doing what it is designed to do. We now have an orderly efficient system for applicant tracking and more. I wish our managers would use it more and then we might use more features! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

ease of use, good reliable customer help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could do away with some nickel and dime costs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use to fullest--that is, roles, competencies, goals, Get enough licenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

place to advertise for, search for, communicate with prospective candidates. Good online ability to help managers unfamiliar with recruiting. Integrates well with our website, with ADP and other job sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Very easy to use and train managers, keeps every one in the loop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some mangers still like hiring candidates without using the tools in clear company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick turnaround time to hire - keeps managers and recruiter in the loop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Generalist
What do you like best?

We've been using the recruiting platform since 2015. Implementation and upgrades have been easy and we've always been assigned great people to assist in these tasks. We recently added the onboarding platform and again were assigned a great implementation manager who outlined the necessary steps, provided training resources, and kept us on track. With the exception of a short window of time when CC was in rapid growth, the support center team is always responsive in answering questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've have multiple Relationship Managers assigned in the 4 years we've been with Clear Company. I imagine this is due to growth of the company, and understand people move on, but some of our RM's have been more responsive than others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using an all paper approval process that was just plain slow. It has been great to embrace the technology and get approvals quickly, including when people are traveling. The included feeds to job boards certainly save money over individual postings. The reporting features have been really helpful in allowing us to track applicant sources, time-to-hire, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.