Crosschq Reviews & Product Details

Crosschq Overview

What is Crosschq?

Crosschq is the best reference checking software and is pioneering Human Intelligence Hiring by harnessing the power of people to help companies better screen, onboard and source the best talent. Crosschq's technology gathers direct insights from people, for people and transforms those insights into powerfully predictive data that helps ensure a great job match between talent and a company. Founded in 2018, Crosschq is backed by GGV Capital, Bessemer Ventures, and other well-known Silicon Valley Investors.

Crosschq Details

Crosschq is an enterprise platform that reduces people risk by providing fast, transparent and bias-free data about prospective job candidates.

Crosschq is the only reference checking platform on the market that leverages Human Intelligence to help companies find the best talent.

Going beyond the resume and finding actionable insights that help frame interviews, Crosschq reference reports also informs employee on-boarding and development plans. But more than that, Crosschq models applicant pre-hire qualitative data with their post-hire quantitative data to predict which future candidates will be longer tenure, high performing employees.

With a fully automated reference checking solution that can be easily integrated into the top Applicant Tracking Systems, Crosschq will help you remove bias in our hiring process, save $$$, and collapse your time-to-hire. With Crosschq, start hiring better now.

Crosschq
2018
San Francisco, CA

Crosschq Videos

Crosschq Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Crosschq community
Have you used Crosschq before?

Crosschq Reviews

Showing 52 Crosschq reviews
Already have Crosschq?
What do you like best?

We were hesitant at first, assuming that we would not get as much detail from an electronic form as we can in a conversation. We were surprised to see that the majority of the references add in a lot of additional commentary when completing the survey. We're also able to check more references than we normally would make time for, and they are usually completed within a day or two at the most. We're excited to see what we will be able to get out of the quality of hire reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't any major drawback that I can think of. Similar to any other new product, there are some minor improvements that will come over time (more integrations, etc.), but there is nothing that really feels like a drawback to using the platform overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we first reached out to CrossChq and asked for a demo, we were curious about the platform but didn't really think it was something we'd be interested in spending money on. In full transparency, we just wanted to stay in-the-know on new HR/Recruiting technologies. Since they gave us a free trial, we were able to experience it with real candidates being considered for real jobs. A free trial period also gave us peace of mind by showing they were confident in their product. After checking references on a few candidates, we were totally sold on the platform. The level of detail we are able to get out of a standardized online survey is really surprising. Our managers are excited when we share the report with them, and as a hiring manager myself I really believe that knowing my employees strengths and areas for improvement has helped me get ahead of it and coach her in those areas early on, which I think has made us a stronger team and given her a better onboarding experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Specialist
What do you like best?

We were able to get a side by side view of referral responses supported with quantitative and qualitative data to allow us to make good hiring decisions. Not only did Crosschq data highlight candidates strengths, it also showcased candidates opportunities through referral responses as well as the candidates evaluation of self. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could have used Crosschq for all previous hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As our CPG business continues to grow we have had to evolve as a company and support the growing business with new hires. With a small HR department, we needed Crosschq to help support the hiring process. While we used Crosschq to support collecting and evaluating referrals, in the future we will use Crosschq to support with candidate pool and recruitment which is one of Crosschqs many added benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use and has reduced workload for the recruitment team. The team keeps me up to date on new features that they have available and they have been a great partner to us, even when we pause our hiring activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a version of this in another language (i.e. Spanish). I think this would help in countries where the referees don't have a good level of English. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned above, this has reduced workload for the recruitment team because this allows us to automate the references check process. This tool also allows us to be better business partners because we are able to share detailed data that help our leaders make better hiring decisions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TA Advisor
What do you like best?

Crosschq takes the bias and administrative strain out of the reference check process. Their background and context of how they developed templates, allows for a REAL reference check. It's also user friendly- to the company, to the reference, and to the potential hire. No more typing word for word references, or trying to probe for info. CrossChq does it for you. It also it the missing link in building your talent pool, allowing a bigger reach into the marketplace, in an avenue you would have never thought of! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You do need to stay on top of your references within your ATS to make sure to check the completed box. I highly suggested adding it as a step in your recruiting process, with preset within the dispositions in your ATS, "Reference Check Stage" or "Reference CrossChq Stage". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Huge ROI, factor in time and consistency of completed reference checks. If used properly, it can help with your predictive hiring models. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving for a huge administration burden AND for making sure the references are completed prior to offer, so we can remove the contigencies within the offer extensions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy and seamless it is for candidates to submit their reference information and for hiring managers to review the responses. I appreciate the follow-ups to ensure a quick completion as well. I can send a request and never have to think about it again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was possible to download the responses before all references are completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only complaint is that we can't download the responses until all of the references have been concluded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to make sure references are completed in a few days and that it saves time for the recruiters. I have realized how much time and energy it saves me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using Crosschq is how simple and user friendly it is. It takes me less than 3 minutes to get a reference check sent out. Saving me so much time in comparison of doing it manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any dislikes. Everything runs smoothly so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can only think of benefits.

- Candidates find it easy to complete

- response time is less than 1 day to complete at times

- accurate and assures us there are no fake references being completed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The automation of reference checks is a huge time saver, and crosschq gets it right. They have a lot of different surveys to choose from, which are all really relevant. I have noticed a lot more honesty from references, and we get a lot more value out of it then the traditional phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I am really happy with the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves us a lot of time and work, as well as makes for more honest reviews from references. I have seen much more value from the feedback than just a phone call. You also don't have all the back and forth even just trying to get the reference on the phone, which is a big waste of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Partner
Internet
What do you like best?

I like that they handle all of the initial communication with the candidate and it can be initiated in our ATS system. Its also great that it provides a self-evaluation portion which is new and has provided great insights for our hiring teams. It shows the references and the self-evaluation side by side to catch any discrepancies. Also, it is great because you can tailor the questions to a specific role so it is not generic across the entire organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integrating into our ATS was a little difficult but we figured it out. Also, it immediately sends emails to the references when sometimes we wish there was a delay (ex. they haven't put their notice in yet and a reference works with them) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time saver for Recruiters, Hiring Managers and Candidates. It has provided more detailed responses from references. There is a great convenience for candidates and their references to do it at their own pace. Candidates are able to do self-evaluations which is new for us and very insightful for the Hiring Manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The user friendly report. Our hiring managers love it and can interpret it easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We aren't running many reference checks right now as our hiring as slowed down a good bit. So I'm not getting a lot of use out of the weekly or monthly reports because we don't have a lot of statisitics to add. Not really a Crosschq issue though... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're getting more information about our candidates which is helping us make better hires. We can also infer a lot by how quickly and efficiently our candidates are filling out the Crosschq information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP People
What do you like best?

I love the user interface, it's easy to use. It saves so much time to not have to call and call again references. I am able to gain more information with Crosschq than I would a phone conversation and I love how they call out areas of concern and create reports for understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate. And there is the Prospects functionality as well which is a great additional resource when looking for candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't anything that I dislike about the platform. And support is great. If I have questions they are very responsive. A great team to work with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving time. I'm receiving more detailed information about a candidate which helps me and the team determine whether a person is the right fit for the role and for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

-Saves recruiting, hiring managers and candidates lots of time

-Sourcing tool: the program will ask references if they're interested in opportunities from the company

-Self survey for candidates

-Quick turnaround for references as opposed to calls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular and Crosschq has been great at rolling out improvements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool and the best on the market, highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Saving time and progressing quickly along the recruitment process

-Comprehensive reference reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Administrator
What do you like best?

Easy to use - both for me and candidates. Fast turnaround getting previous employer reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - I can't think of any off hand.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reference checking used to be a burden - I would call and email references multiple times before they got back to me. With Crosschq - it's easy for employers to complete references, and it's up to the candidate to ensure their references are getting it completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EH
What do you like best?

the visual presentation of information, and ability to source from the Referrals Pool for future candidates; due to its integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

would like a bit more reporting. but overall, like the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

the volume of References that we need to do; we do not have the ability for the team to do them by phone, and we want to remove any bias if possible.

Benefits - Speed, Data, Insights Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I like the detailed questionnaire, the fact that there are clinical and technical questionnaires, and that they ask referees to 'opt in' to our ATS! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the interface with Lever worked better, but I just typically manage the requests from Crosschq directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits - increases our 'warm' candidate pipeline, since we're a smaller company without a ton of brand recognition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quick and easy process for the reference, yet a very thorough evaluation of the candidate. The turnaround time is typically less than 48 hours, which speeds up the reference check process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to identify any concerning responses. (They can get lost in the form)

No set rubric on a strong, moderate or weak reference check.

There's no opportunity to follow up on concerns. References rarely add additional comments because it takes up more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rubric for Talent team to follow when reviewing responses.

A better way to flag concerning responses.

A follow up toll.

Incentive for the reference to add more comments/written responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certain roles require additional questions that are specific to the role (i.e. clinicians). Certain hiring managers prefer to hop on the phone with the reference rather than sending a written evaluation. In regards to benefits, this a huge lift for our Talent team to utilize Crosschq for high volume roles that do not require a reference check phone call. As I said earlier, it also helps the turnaround time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Crosschq is very simple - you do not need to invest a lot of time in learning how to use the system and there's clarity around the actions you can take and how that might impact the end result.

Crosschq is constantly improving the platform and puts the hard work into thinking about the process flow and the survey questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides are that permissions are quite limiting, meaning that everyone in our org can see the references across the team. As a small startup, there's a lot of value in having all hiring managers able to access the site, but at the same time there's a bit of management in ensuring that a new hire isn't then able to go in and read her own references once she joins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have already found that references provide more actionable feedback, which prepares us to better work with a lift up a new employee. We also value that this eliminates a lot of the back and forth on setting up a time for a reference call, finding a phone room, writing up the results, and sharing - on everyone's own best time the materials arrives in a single place and is reference-able. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

How quickly it streamlines the process - we're able to interview and offer candidates within 2 business days b/c of how quickly the product works! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! It's really easy to use and was able to figure it out with little to no instruction Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency - it would typically take a week to check references the traditional way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration with Greenhouse is a valuable part of the platform for Talent teams utilizing an ATS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While a great feature to get references to "prospect" it is difficult to organize / the dashboard for these is not as manageable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to utilize the prospecting tool - it is a great way to expand your candidate pool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scalability in a fast-growing company - manual reference checks are not possible for us. This helps us to get information about references without spending 15+ minutes over the phone with references for each candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the dashboard and speed of which any questions, comments or concerns have been addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! So far so good and the customer service we receive has been exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time and phone tag. Hiring managers have really enjoyed, more than I realized the summary of the references. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

User experience is great, and the data report has gotten great feedback from recruiters and hiring managers. Integrations work great and easy to setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to configure questionnaires a little easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiters don't have to spend time on unnecessary reference calls. They get a thorough and easy to share report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Recruiter
What do you like best?

Being able to capture prospects and the speed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could see if I have sent a reminder already (this may already be a feature and I just don't know it!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have gone from not doing references at all to having references on every single new hire Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

References rate candidates across attributes, assign values, and provide qualitative feedback as well. It's such a huge time savings to our team and gives us better insight oftentimes than when manually checking references. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The standard reference templates only cover the most common roles. You can create others, but for a busy team, I would have liked to have seen more to start with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Huge time savings

-References provide more thorough responses since they complete on their own time

-Data for future analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The consistency in the references and providing the team a link to read on their own time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to add tags in lever. It should create it automatically when integrated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Comprehensive references guided by the candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy it is to initiate a reference check! You can check in to track progress and so can the candidate, this transparency makes the whole process run smoother. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have a challenge with would be the drop-down options that reference choose. They are not given many options to pick when defining strengths and areas for improvement. This makes them feel obligated to pick something even though it may not be applicable to the candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Back channel references and new candidates. This is great! I was having issued finding backchannel references (or secondary references) for a while and upon communicating with my account manager, I realized there is a feature in Crosschq for this! The Crosschq team finds great people to reach out to without putting the candidate at risk. The opt-in feature for references interested in our company is helpful as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.