ZipRecruiter Reviews & Product Details

ZipRecruiter Overview

What is ZipRecruiter?

ZipRecruiter is the smartest way to hire, for any size company, in any field. With one click, we instantly send your job to 100+ job boards. Then, using powerful matching technology, we find people with the right experience and invite them to apply. 4 out of 5 employers who post a job on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day. It’s no coincidence that ZipRecruiter is rated #1 by employers in the U.S.* Employers can try ZipRecruiter for free any time at ziprecruiter.com/g2. *Based on Trustpilot rating of hiring sites with over 1,000 reviews.

ZipRecruiter Details

With one click, we send your job to 100+ leading job boards. Then we find people with the right experience and invite them to apply. The result? Quality candidates, fast.

Unlike other job sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t rely on candidates searching for you. Instead, our smart technology finds the best matches for your job and invites them to apply anytime, anywhere, including through our #1 rated job search app on iOS and Android. The benefits? More quality candidates and improved time to hire. That’s why over 1.8 million businesses have come to ZipRecruiter for their hiring needs.

ZipRecruiter
2010
Santa Monica, CA
@ZipRecruiter
1,115 employees on LinkedIn®

ZipRecruiter Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ZipRecruiter community
Have you used ZipRecruiter before?

ZipRecruiter Reviews

Showing 750 ZipRecruiter reviews
Location
Already have ZipRecruiter?
Talent Acquisition Specialist
AM
What do you like best?

There was a decent volume of applicants and a few were qualified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their billing practices are shady and dishonest. They do not warn you about trial periods ending, they will not notify you upon your billing starting, and they are absolutely unwilling to rectify any billing errors no matter the financial impact on those that they have unwittingly charged. Their customer service is unfriendly, and has been trained to reply with canned responses of the ToS, and are mostly combative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use other platforms with better customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filling my recruiting pipeline. There was an occasional well qualified candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

that you can search and apply in the same app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the large number of notifications can get tedious Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an app that is easy to use Zip Recruiter fits the bill Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

this app makes searching for a job easy. I get to apply for any number of jobs that I am highly qualified for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Digital Strategy
What do you like best?

What I like most about ZipRecruiter is that the jobs that they forward to me have been most on-target with the sort of positions I am looking for. When I have been hiring for teams I have led I have found that the results for candidates have been the most accurate. Very positive experiences all around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have downsides working with ZipRecruiter. As an online jobs site, I find them to be best at delivering on the things they say they will. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should definitely give ZipRecruiter a try. I am positive you'll see that it is the most complete online job site. If you've tried any other sites you'll see just how good ZipRecruiter is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reason I have ZipRecruiter as our go-to jobs site is that they solve the problem we have seen other places where they don't really deliver what we're looking for. ZipRecruiter delivers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that my information is saved to my profile, so it makes applying for multiple jobs a quick and easy process. From my dashboard, I can look at salaries,messages, available jobs, positions that I have applied for, and those that I have saved for later. This is especially helpful when you are perusing positions, yet don't have the time to research the company or actually send an application. I also like that I can set notifications to let me know when positions that match my qualifications and interests are posted. The ability to use a mobile app also makes it very convenient to check on jobs, see updates to applications, and to return messages in a timely manner. The notifications on the dashboard make it clear when I have action items that I need to take care of related to jobs, or when there are new positions posted that match my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the results I get when I search for particular jobs don't really match my query. For example, as a buyer, I get notices with job postings that contain the word buyer in the job description. This means that I am sorting through a lot of positions that are not a good match for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan to use ZipRecruiter, understand that your resume, cover letter, and references still must be in order and you must be willing and able to check either the website or app frequently in order to get results. You must turn on notifications in order to receive text messages and emails if you don't want to remember to log in regularly. I have also found that changing up the job titles that you search for sometimes returns matches that you would otherwise not have received. For example, I interchange buyer, purchasing, procurement, sourcing, etc., in my searches in order to get the largest return and to ensure that I see all possible matches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to significantly cut down the amount of time that I spend searching for positions and applying, since it can all be done from my dashboard and on one site. I've gotten much quicker responses from applications submitted to ZipRecruiter's platform than on other job search sites, as well. I especially like that I can inquire about the salary of a position after I apply, and the hiring manager will be contacted for the information to confirm. This is in addition to the salaries section of the site, where I can search via company name or position. I just like that I get a confirmation from the hiring manager, as this information has historically been inaccurate on hiring sites. This is another time saving service, as I can withdraw my application without wasting my time or the hiring manager's time further if the salary offered does not meet my requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dana Wass of ZipRecruiter

Thank you for submitting this great review, Twyla! We are pleased to hear you like how easy it is to apply for jobs on our app!

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer care team at support@ziprecruiter.com. Our representatives are available 24/7 to help. ~DW

What do you like best?

I enjoy that Zipcruiter allows you to one-click apply for a plethora of opportunities. I also enjoy that you could cater the platform to specific types of jobs that you are looking for. It's really encouraging when you receive e-mails with new and live positions that I could apply for. I also like that it allows you to build your own profile where you can market yourself to employers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that certain jobs may stay live longer than need be. Once a position anywhere is filled the listing should close. There should be some algorithm to make this possible. For example, I once applied to several amount of positions and came to the realization that employers weren't reviewing all the applications coming in. I learned this because I was told at my current job that this outlet is used as a worst-case scenario. So in those terms I was lucky. I also learned this through applying to a certain position to only find out that the business has been closed for months. There needs to be a way to make sure employers are accountable for replying to candidates who are interested in the position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations to anyone job hunting to this platform is to apply to as many positions possible, as the return ratio is not always the best.

My recommendations to employers using this outlet to recruit candidates is to end the listing as soon as the job is filled. It's just the ethical thing to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZipRecruiter is helping me become a more detail-oriented individual. The benefits are that it has inspired me to put myself out there on more professional outlets. I also like that the home page lists all the recent job postings that cater to what you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Data Technician
What do you like best?

Like a lot of other job boards you set up a profile and you will get emails or notifications that you match a job. However, with ZipRecruiter you have the option of one-click apply. This is an awesome feature that saves time and you can apply to a lot of different jobs in a short amount of time. The process of setting up your profile is easy and it helps guide you through it. It also gives you pointers on how to make you stand out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something I don't like is you will get a lot of jobs that have nothing to do with your background. Or you will get a notification that a job is a great fit, and you don't meet the requirements. Sometimes this will happen a few days in a row and it makes it's hard to filter through what is a good match and what is not. Other than that I don't have any other complaints about ZipRecruiter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only complaint I have is getting jobs that are in my field, but I don't meet the requirements. Like x amount of years doing this and x amount of doing years doing that. Is there any way to come up with an algorithm or something to filter out the jobs? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of the problems that ZipRecruiter has helped me with is, finding jobs. I know that sounds simple, but trying to find jobs out there is kind of hard when you don't know where to look. ZipRecruiter has made it easy to find them, more like they show you a list of jobs. One of my problems when I first started job hunting was not knowing where to look and ZipRecruiter has solved that for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buyer & Category Manager
What do you like best?

ZipRecruiter is fast, hassle free and was simple to get my profile and resume online. I appreciate the follow up emails that follow my progress and send me reminders of what action to be taking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an upload location on your profile for a Cover Letter. I think that the email marketing can be over bearing at times, keep emails coming but make sure they are very specific and that there is more purpose behind them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend keeping the user interface as simple and concise as can be. Do not clutter up the UX. The easier for consumers and employers to use the better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been an easy way for me to get all of my information in one location for employers to find me. I am trying to get into a new career field and ZipRecruiter is platform that is helping take my dream and making it a reality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiter (Contract)
What do you like best?

Good positions with lots of information available that are not necessarily found in other platforms. I was referred to the platform by another recruiter who was using it prior to us coming into the role we are in now. When I found out my contract was not going to extend, she immediately showed me ZipRecruiter and told me that it was a lifesaver during her time of trying to find a job. So far, I'm enjoying it as well and am looking forward to finding a good job through here. I also like that I can search for jobs and save jobs from multiple locations and I'm not tied down to just searching for one area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen any yet as I am new the website. From what I can gather in the short time that I have been on the site is that they are putting their good jobs for candidates out there and are able to help them find jobs that are valuable versus a job that is just meant to pipeline candidates. Unfortunately you run into that too often and it's frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a shot, it seems to be from a job searchers perspective, one of the best resources and I wish I had known about it earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me, it's finding good jobs instead of the one off jobs that other sites post and then you either never hear from or they were just using it for metrics. These don't seem like bait and switch tactics that others have used, or at least it hasn't happened yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

The platform is very user-friendly. It felt easy to navigate and fill in the information requested. I also really liked the design and colors. It made me feel like a game. And because it is easy to navigate, I felt more prompted to access it every day. I also really like the 1-click apply button because it makes job applications way easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe too many messages. And maybe some positions feel like pyramid schemes or not genuine enough, but you will only discover that after interviews. I can give an example that has happened to me. Company name FBC - Florida Business Consulting. The job description has lots of descriptions, but everything sounds vague. Until you get there and learn you will be a salesperson with commission only and several goals to achieve in order to progress and "open" your own team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. Make sure you have a nice profile and set up notifications. You will feel motivated to apply more and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, It has helped me move my energies towards my goal of finding a job. It helps me understand what the employers are looking for. Also, it makes me feel closer to employers around me and where I am located. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ERP Specialist
What do you like best?

Je stelt een profiel op zoals vele andere jobsites en je krijgt e-mails of herinneringen dat je geschikt bent voor een functie. Met ZipRecruiter heb je echter de mogelijkheid om met één muisklik te solliciteren. Dit is een geweldige functie die u tijd bespaart en in korte tijd kunt u op veel verschillende functies solliciteren. Het is eenvoudig om uw profiel in te stellen en helpt u erdoorheen. Het geeft u ook tips over hoe u zich kunt onderscheiden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Een ding dat ik niet leuk vind, is dat je veel banen krijgt die niets met je ervaring te maken hebben. Of je krijgt de boodschap dat een baan goed past, en dat je niet aan de behoeften voldoet. Soms gebeurt dit een paar dagen achter elkaar en het maakt het moeilijk om te sorteren wat een goede match is en wat niet. Verder heb ik geen andere ZipRecruiter problemen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

De enige zorg die ik heb is het krijgen van een baan in mijn vak, maar ik voldoe niet aan de eisen. Zoals x aantal jaren dat ik dit doe en x aantal jaren dat ik het doe. Is er een manier om de banen te filteren met een algoritme of zo? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Een aantal van de zaken waarmee ZipRecruiter mij heeft geholpen is het vinden van een baan. Ik weet dat dat makkelijk klinkt, maar als je niet weet waar je moet zoeken, is het nogal moeilijk om daar een baan te vinden. ZipRecruiter maakte het vinden ervan gemakkelijk, meer alsof ze je een lijst met banen geven. Een van mijn problemen was dat ik niet wist waar ik moest zoeken toen ik voor het eerst op zoek ging naar een baan en ZipRecruiter heeft dat voor mij opgelost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Torii Crudup of ZipRecruiter

Hi Marika!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback. We're happy to hear that overall, you've had a positive experience with ZipRecruiter.

1-click apply does certainly make it simple to apply for various jobs in your field of work. We understand that receiving job suggestions that do not match your qualifications can be overwhelming, and our team would be more than happy to assist!

Please feel welcome to email our customer care department directly at support@ziprecruiter.com.

We wish you the very best of luck with your job search!

Kind Regards,

TC

Customer Experience

RECRUITER
What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it was to start using. I've used both the employer side as a recruiter for Ashley HomeStore and the candidate side when job searching. I love how fast you can flip between candidate resumes and the 3 different options you have when entering information after contacting a candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the quick rate option. Sometimes I forget that by rating someone the page will automatically bring up the next employee profile pending review. A lot of the time I'm reading the resume, I grade and then I call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'd like to block a candidate and I'm not sure if I can. The same unqualified person is applying back to back for every post I have in the Bay Area. Benefit I realized when using zip is that the quality of candidates is better than some of my other sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Employer Services Manager
What do you like best?

You create a profile like many other job boards and will receive emails or updates that suit a task. You are provided the opportunity to apply one-click to ZipRecruiter, though. It is a great feature that makes life easier and can be used for numerous jobs in a short period of time. The way your account is set up is straightforward and it lets you get there. This also provides you insights on how you can stand out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don't appreciate is that you're going to get many jobs without anything to do. Or that you are told that a position is very desirable and you may not meet the conditions. It sometimes occurs in a couple of days, and it is impossible to determine what is and is not a suitable match However, I have no other ZipRecruiter grievances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The first and only concern I have is that I have work in my profession, but I don't meet the conditions. Just like x number of years andx number of years past. Is here really some way of creating an algorithm or process the work? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Several of the issues with ZipRecruiter was job search. I realize it might sound easy, but if you don't look in the right places, it's hard to find work. It was easy enough to find ZipRecruiter, rather than just a list of jobs. I didn't know what to look once I began job hunt, so ZipRecruiter fixed this for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Torii Crudup of ZipRecruiter

Hi Elaine!

Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback with us. At ZipRecruiter, we value your experience and we're so happy to hear you've had a great one thus far.

We do aim to provide the most relevant job suggestions, and we understand that not all job alerts may match your qualifications. Our dedicated customer care team would be more than happy to assist you with training our algorithm to best suit you.

Please feel welcome to reach out to them via email at support@ziprecruiter.com, at any time! We're here 24/7 for your convenience and ease.

We wish you the best of luck with your job search!

Kind Regards,

TC

Customer Experience

Web Analytics Consultant - Owner & Director
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to apply for jobs that align exactly with what I do! Also, I don't have to keep inputting the same information over and over. I can apply to 100 jobs in a day so easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That fact that i get too many interviews and cant keep up ;) In all seriousness. there isn't one thing I don't like about ziprecruiter. I would recommend some sort of import option for linkedin because a lot of professionals keep linkedin update very frequently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep on keeping on! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem that it solves is that for numerous applications you have to fill out the same information over and over again which impedes on the number of application i can submit in a day. Ziprecruiter solves that by taking questions i have already answered and info i have put in and uses that for future applications and pre-filling out the info. This allows me to submit tons of applications in a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoyed having such a long time waiting on hold for the billing department because it gave me the opportunity to write this review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

These guys are completely sketchy. Avoid this service unless you like surprise fees and terrible customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After using Zip Recruiter without any great success they put my account on a Hiring Pause, which charged $10 per month. I wasn't able to cancel this recurring charge online and so called into customer service. They weren't able to cancel the charge either and put me on a long hold for the billing department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dana Wass of ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any frustration that was caused. Our hiring pause is an optional plan. In the cancelation of your job slot subscription, alternatively, downgrading to the hiring pause allows continued access to select features. We are confident that our billing team was able to assist you when you called. However, if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are available 24/7 at 877-252-1062 and we are always happy to help. Best regards. ~DW

Team Manager
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Zip Recruiter is designed to help people from diverse backgrounds, skill set, education, and experience to narrow down their desired field of employment. The best feature for job seekers is after you complete your profile, the site automatically sends you jobs to apply to that match your talent and experience. Zip Recruiter also uses different modems of communication for job seekers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommended jobs should be aligned better with education and experience of candidates. For example, if you have management experience the recommended jobs show entry level positions, instead of tenure experience, education, and skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Narrow down the type of job you really want and search on Zip Recruiter first. Make sure to update your resume, cover letters, and follow up letters. Compared to other job search sites, Zip Recruiter does not have spam or fraud issues with jobs posted like other sites do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have benefited from Zip Recruiter personally and professionally. I highly recommend this site. Zip Recruiter eliminates the need to look at other job sites, and reduces the time involved to actually find jobs that well suited for the individual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
Restaurants
What do you like best?

I love how easy and transparent it is to apply, search, and find jobs. I have now found three fulfilling jobs i've found thanks to zip recruiter. One job I didn't even have to apply to, they found my profile and contacted me. There is always daily updates on my feed of new jobs and ones that I may like based on my experience, giving me opportunity to expand my work experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my profession, I am in a hiring role. I have found that so many applicants through zip recruiter either have no clue they've applied or just scrolled down and clicked apply, apply, apply blindly hoping to catch something. I'm not sure how this would be fixed but it's a bit of a time waster when contacting applicants. Perhaps not removing one click apply altogether but requiring a little more effort and awareness on the part of the candidate. I can't tell you how many times i've called applicants and they don't even know they've applied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep your profile updated and public, recruiters can see your information and find a job with no effort Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm in the process of hiring a zip recruiter applicant. I love being notified when a candidate that could be a good fit is clearly set out above the rest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharepoint Developer
What do you like best?

I love how ZipRecruiter streamlines the communication process between employer and potential employee! As a government contractor, I am hardly ever promised long term employment but, with ZipRecruiter, all of the stress that comes with a potential job change is all but removed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I would change is that I wish ZipRecruiter would allow you to customize job searches based on the time of type work you want to do within a specific field (ie. Field: SharePoint Developer, Type: Preferred development languages). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are having a hard time finding employment or if you simply want to be free of searching countless job boards, then look no further than ZipRecruiter! Once your profile is set up, ZipRecruiter does the rest for you! ZipRecruiter has become the primary tool that I use to find new and exciting opportunities for myself and colleagues in my professional network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a government contractor and I am often looking for new opportunities. With ZipRecruiter's job notifications, I have greatly cut down the amount of time I have to spend scouring the internet for new opportunities. Not only am I saving time not scouring the internet and various job boards, but the screening process has been considerably reduced. I no longer have to wait weeks on end for feedback from my potential employer and ZipRecruiter even notifies me when the employer has looked at my resume, which gives me a general idea of their interest in me as a candidate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.