Small Improvements Reviews & Product Details

Small Improvements Overview

What is Small Improvements?

Small Improvements is a flexible performance management toolkit that helps employees in 700+ companies grow and succeed. It’s highly configurable – you can change and combine the building blocks to suit your organization’s needs, and adjust the look and feel too. Small and medium-sized companies like Zapier, Duolingo, Soundcloud, GetYourGuide, and Strava use our tool to support their feedback cultures. Encourage timely, meaningful feedback and build strong working relationships with any combination of the core features: Objectives, 1:1 Meetings, Praise, Feedback Requests, 360 Feedback, Performance Reviews, Pulse Surveys, and Retention Analytics. For a tour and a free 14-day trial, visit us at www.small-improvements.com.

Small Improvements Details

Manage your performance reviews conveniently. Share and achieve goals and objectives. Together!

Extremely Customizable
Lean and Intuitive
Allows for timely and continuous feedback
Simplified performance reviews with easily accessed user activity and achievements
Affordable (no setup fee, no contract, cancel anytime, transparent pricing, free for up to 10 users)
Integrations with Slack, BambooHR, Confluence, Bonus.ly, Google Apps, OneLogin, Okta, etc.

Small Improvements
2011
Berlin, Germany
@smallimprove

Small Improvements Screenshots

Small Improvements Reviews

Showing 23 Small Improvements reviews
Already have Small Improvements?
Sales Development Manager - Outbound
Response from Mark Jack of Small Improvements

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to record this. It’s great that you’re enjoying using the Slack integration with Small Improvements to give each other shout-outs and regularly recognize contributions.

As you note, getting the balance between a flexible tool and one that offers a more prescriptive process is a challenge. Thanks for your feedback on this – I’ll let the team know.

Best wishes

Mark

What do you like best?

Ability to customize questions and integrates with Slack Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Set up for annual, traditional reviews. Name implies all improvements are small and all need improvement--like a disciplinary plan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Record of feedback/praise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Manager
What do you like best?

I love that Small Improvements facilitates giving "praises" (kudos, shoutouts, or whatever you'd like to call it). We use these to facilitate rewards around living out our company's values. It integrates with Slack so people can easily see them in a channel as well. As a people manager, it's been a major improvement to how we do reviews (see what I did there?). Our previous system was bulky and frustrating; Small Improvements has a nice interface, can be branded with company created avatars, and makes it easy to give and get reviews. My weekly 1:1s with each team members are easy to notate in the system, and I love that during review time you get a drawer with all your meetings, awards, and helpful notes from the year! The \settings are robust for our visibility-needs. I've been beyond pleased with my company's switch to this system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything I actually dislike. It would be great if we could skin the button colors of the system to be more 'branded' so it feels even more like us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get your team on board with training to use it (it's crazy easy) and encourage people to use to use it on a daily basis with note-taking in meetings, setting goals and initiatives, creating templates for meeting types, and giving positive reinforcement with praises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've seen increased team morale and strengthened cross-functional relationships with praises. Weekly syncs with my team members have become effortless to track! I can hold myself and others accountable to their growth opportunities and next steps to achieve goals. Reviews have become easier and less time consuming to put together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Data Analyst
What do you like best?

SI is a great platform for managing both big goals and overall 360 reviews. I haven't used competitors' products to compare, but as a new user, Small Improvements has exceeded my expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our company uses Small Improvements with a Critical 3's style project management system, which is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's easy to track progress on big projects, but on the other, if your role has recurring work, Critical 3's may not be as useful to you. It all depends on the management style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Improvements has an important role in managing big projects at our company at a personal level. The main benefit I've found from the platform is its ease of creating and monitoring major milestones for projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really liked that this platform made it simple and easy to share anonymous feedback with my team members. It also gave me a holistic look of the goals that the rest of my colleagues were working toward. The platform is also extremely astute when it comes to recognizing when you've had a mentor meeting or 1:1 and provides reminders within the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little annoying that the navigation to Small Improvements was imbedded in my Google menu versus having the ability to log in straight from the website. I'm not sure if this was something that my company set up or if that's how Small Improvements is supposed to be accessed by everyone. Additionally, while I thought it was great that the interface logged when you had conversations, etc, I never used the tool as a reminding device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is amazing for 360 feedback. It's easy to write your feedback and see what others have said about you. While I didn't use this feature, I think Small Improvements is great for housing 1:1 notes. If you have a good amount of change in people managers (if employees tend to have changes in managers every once in a while) this is a great tool to see a full timeline of success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It made it extremely easy to get assigned peer reviewees and complete my peer feedback, but also access the feedback from my peers for myself. I also thought it was really nice to have a full timeline of my mentee, even though she had a mentor prior to me. It was really easy to access her feedback and also track her goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Small Improvements allows our team to keep track of individual and team goals in a central location where we can all view them and review our progress, which has proven helpful for reporting purposes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to view everyone's goals in a printable format. It's not very intuitive or user-friendly in that respect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a team we are able to keep all goals visible and accessible to each other internally. This helps with accountability between departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Specialist
What do you like best?

Easy to use tool for tracking one on one with employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of honestly with this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

schedule one on one with employee and manager . Can update talking points to discuss and use it during yearly performance reviews Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's easy for anyone on my team to add/request a 1:1, add in their topics and for us to track overtime. Goal setting is easy to track and manage, it's flexibility allows for a number of different time configurations (goals by month/quarter/year). The 360 feedback loops and performance review functionality is key when managing a larger team! Again, the flexibility to align the questions to our company values is really easy to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a mobile app. When running 1:1 meetings offsite and away from a computer it's challenging to remember what topics were added. Having a mobile friendly version, even a login would help so from my phone I could track notes from those meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to consolidate initiatives in regards to reviews, feedback and be able to track progress throughout the year, run through a demo of this product. It's easy to use, easy to customize and doesn't take long to get launched across the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a tool outside of our own to be able to track performance reviews, 360 feedback as well as pulling in goal setting for the year. Prior to Small Improvements we were using multiple tools to accomplish this, so being able to track those important metrics in one space was very important. Plus, just needing to have the software be easy to use without a lot of training and education was key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO and Founder
What do you like best?

Very simple, yet pretty flexible software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process to setup and get training was a little light, but once we got that, we were great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to leverage their full functionality. It can be a little challenging to set up initially but is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We leverage the software to bring some consistency to our performance reviews, and also find great value in the ability to manage through a peer review process, and give people some true anonymity in providing feedback to their managers and peers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Flexibility and covered features. The tool allows you to execute all possible activities from 360, performance reviews, personal and team objectives, praises and kudos.. everything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit complicated Ui makes you wonder around to find things. More intuitive approach worum he welcomed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

360 surveys, performance review management, documenting 1:1 meetings, team and personal objectives and other OKRs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s really good for team feedbacks, it’s a nice way to ask people about their work environment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets repetitive the questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use. When i first started using it, i didnt need much help to get started. Was clear and simple to use

Can give appreciation to other people on the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. I have used workday and captera and found small improvements to be very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works well..better than workday which I imagine is much more $ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quarterly review for employees & annual review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

It was a very simple to use product. As simple as it is, the color scheme was nice. I received no training from my company for Small Improvements, but it was very intuitive and easy to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything in particular that I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a pretty great product in my opinion. It has a lot of great features and easy to use. Though my company didn't use it, the option for 360 reviews is a really great feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company that I worked for used Small Improvements mainly as a way to provide year end reviews for their employees. They didn't even use all of the amazing features that the product has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the features. You can tell the team there loves their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It requires full buy in from everyone - if only a few people are using it and invested, it loses it's effectiveness. And this is something that is unique to our organization as a small startup, but when there are only 10 people, it's hard to keep things anonymous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really cool product. Definitely worth the trial and testing it to see if it works for your company or organization. The pricing is strange though - it jumps up a lot and costs a lot if you are a small team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps keep everyone giving feedback and on the same page about their standing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best part of this tool is It gives me an opportunity to appreciate the help of others in my daily work, also this identifies their talent others can seek for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User Interface design can be improved more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

User Interface can be improved little better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this software for praising my co-workers job. Also, it helps in keeping track of extraordinary performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like the continuous effort that Small Improvements have made with their HR software. The added bonus of opting in to Beta Test features before they officially go live is absolutely fantastic! Mostly I like the fact that you can really customise the Appraisal, 360 review questions, timeframes etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel at times that there are elements that could be simplified to make more user friendly. For example, the initial setup of cycles can be mind boggling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to set objectives and measure progress along the way with the tasks at hand and the individual performance of the team members is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't really like anything about the platform. It doesn't really make sense to me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike pretty much everything. I have no idea what this platform does Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to solve feedback issues. It's a way for managers to give feedback to their employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

SI is super easy to use. They have guides and videos to get you going and support is just an email away. You can schedule time to talk to a support specialist via phone if you have pressing issues. Response time is quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SI has most of what we want but there are a few things that still aren't part of the tool (some notifications and follow up on review type items). They are great about adding things so I don't think it will be too long before everything is the way we want it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial to beta test with 10 users. It will help you understand how it will fit into your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are helping us redesign our performance development system. We are moving from a traditional 1 per year review to a continuous performance development tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition & HR Operations @ IAC Publishing
What do you like best?

Simplified format, easy to use and there's no fuss, no hidden costs and does exactly what it's supposed to - which is setup questions, do reviews, manage a cycle and collaborate with your employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's too simple. From an HR perspective - sometimes you want more functionality like linking with your HRIS, more complex message and feedback process, more streamlined tools to flag certain comments, questions or things an HR person may not see unless they read each and every review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What does your organization need? Do you need something simply to just do reviews? Then great - pick Small Improvements. Will definitely solve your problem. As your company grows, gets more complex and you want to incorporate org changes, compensation evaluation and integrate with HRIS - this may not be the right tool - yet... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Performance Management is typically what every employee hates doing. So why make it complicated? Problem we solved is asking 3 simple questions (3 successes, 3 opportunities and 3 goals) and rate yourself. Then have your manager do the same. Simple. But in that simplicity - sometimes you want to break down data more, do something out of the ordinary... and so that's the gamble you play with going too simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tier 2 Software Support Specialist
What do you like best?

We started using this product last January and use it sparingly once a year. For the small amount of time I use it, it gets the job done. Nothing fancy or life-changing, but it works.

I like how you and your manager are asked the same questions and can see each others answers side by side.

Past reviews are available for reference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer if the questions were more in depth, but that probably has more to do with how we are using it, rather than the software's functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps to facilitate dialogue between manager and employee, opens channels for communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The ability to give feedback to everyone in a structured way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface looks dated and could use some modernization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid of giving genuine feedback, managers appreciate it in this format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solved the issue of my managers not receiving feedback from below Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Pleasing graphics, easy to navigate the software features, great tool for doing 360 reviews with supervisors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific to dislike - It's a software that you can use as much or as little as needed, and can fit whatever your orgs visions are for performance reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff spread out around the globe, and this provides a great level of strengthening internal communication, objectives and goal-setting among teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it helps you know your goals and get feedback from your managers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't use it that frequently and am not always using it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

getting job feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Small Improvements?

Small Improvements Categories on G2