Chartio

Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use

Work for Chartio?

Learning about Chartio?

Chartio Reviews

Ask Chartio a Question
Showing 196 Chartio reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Dan D.

"Chartio provides a great solution for data democratization and dissemination"

What do you like best?

Chartio's SQL GUI enables end users to help themselves, freeing up huge amounts of resources that can be redirected onto other projects. Charito supports Google Sheets as a data source which enables end users to build custom data sources for one-time use or in projects where they'll need to be in control of the data constantly, which eliminates a large number of one-off ETL projects. The visualizations are crisp and users tend to enjoy using Chartio. Chartio is constantly deploying updates to the tool by building out features that actually matter and affect performance/user experience. Chartio's customer support is outstanding in speed to response and the quality of help given.

What do you dislike?

Chartio has a longstanding limitation on how much data that you can return (not query, just lines returend from a database)- the limit is not small by any stretch, but when it comes up it can create headaches. Chartio could improve their tabular data visualizations in order to produce more powerpivot like tables.

Chartio is solving the issue of getting data into our end users hands in a way that is sustainable and scalable. We've eliminated redundant + repetitive manual work by setting up suites of BI dashboards that can help staff monitor overall performance but also support special projects and daily work.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Zach C.

"Chartio's a great internal and external tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for me to understand Chartio's BI tools. It's really easy to use various dashboards as selling points to clients because the data is pure and the proper numbers are enlarged to show importance.

What do you dislike?

Chartio can take some time to load when refreshing a dashboard, and I also wish there was the ability to subtitle reports. Making the chartio reports can also be time conusuming and wack-a-mole in nature. To be honest, the tool works really well though and I don't have any major complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it. BI is so useful with how much data tech companies use and Chartio does a really good job of letting users present it.

I have a much clearer understanding of my company's functions and overall performance as a result of chartio. I'm able to actually understand how my company's product is working and what isn't. The benefits I've realized are understanding what clients need more attention and what ares of the business need more focus.

Arran S.

"Quick implementation & flexible data layers for an accessible self service data insights strategy"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to join disparate data sets in multiple ways depending on the analysis without a burdensome requirement to 'publish' a new data layer first.

Quick implementation to start getting insights.

Good value for money.

What do you dislike?

Not the market leader in facilitating easy visual exploration and visual data discovery.

No advanced scripting (Python, R) integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic data insights and reporting platform, easy implementation and scaling out to more users, works for broad user skills base allowing for drag and drop or SQL based charts. One of the strongest features is the ability to blend siloed data sources in multiple ways depending on the use case.

Good for business-as-usual dashboarding for multiple departments.

Great for enabling users to more easily blend silo'd data sets in multiple ways.

Enables users to blend data sets required for third party systems.

Raphael M.

"Great product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Chart.io helps our company to empower people in different roles. It leverages the use of data and makes it useful for different areas of the company since you don't need to know SQL (our main datasource) to extract information.

What do you dislike?

The price can be considered expensive if you are a small company outside of a developed country.

It is very easy to connect to different data sources, even with Google Sheets and Google Analytics. Everybody who know how to use Excel can learn to use Chart.io very quickly. Other good thing is that you can spread the use of the data and more people using the data will make the data better and more reliable. Also you wont need a developer or a BI person to extract the information you need, you can do it by yourself.

Gabriel Y.

"Lots of promise, needs refinement"

What do you like best?

Chartio gives us al ot of power to expose data that our internal tools don't yet. We have a lot of flexibility to get new data without a long project timeline working with engineering.

What do you dislike?

Making more complicated charts can be very confusing. Certain functions don't work intuitively, some documentation is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a passing familiarity with SQL/database schema in general.

We have custom internal operations tools that provide data and basic analysis of our in market operations. We have much more data than we have analytics tools built into our software, so Chartio is a great opportunity for actual operations managers to create our own reports and collect data in new ways that our engineering team did not foresee when our software was initially developed, or that they don't have the bandwidth to implement in a reasonable timeframe.

Cameron Z.

"Chartio changed our reporting almost overnight"

What do you like best?

Chartio is really powerful and we used it to set up KPI dashboards for all teams within our startup.

I paste SQL straight in there, it's really easy to transform and format the data however you want it.

What do you dislike?

I personally didn't use the drag and drop features etc. because I prefer to write SQL - but I don't actively dislike these features!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try - contact their support if you're stuck as they're super helpful and responsive.

KPIs & dashboards for each team, screens in the office, daily email reports for internal and external stakeholders. We've been able to more accurately monitor all of our main KPIs in one centralised place which has reduced the burden on our BI Analyst massively - no longer are there 100s of ad-hoc data requests each day!

James G.

"One of the Easiest Platforms I've Used"

What do you like best?

I really love this technology. It enables small and large teams to scale their reporting and fast track the time it takes to structure it. I have in many instances had to model data through martech into salesforce. The challenges that arise are endless and Chartio solves all of them. Being able to tie multiple systems together and pull in any piece of data not just specific sets is extremely valuable.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something I dislike. Maybe the load speed of the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The days of having a few admin BI are over. There are too many users that need to triangulate data or just set up their own view of it. Chartio will be the power in which we give our organization the ability have self-serve dashboards and data.

The better questions is what we aren't solving. Chartio allows us to pull multiple data sets together in a seamless and concise view in one place. Historically pulling in data sets just for marketing alone was a challenge having dispersed systems. Chartio does a great job creating out of the box plug-ins and for those that are more technically saavy can have some fun with the code through SQL.

Max M.

"Data for everyone"

What do you like best?

Chartio is such an approachable platform for both experienced analysts and beginners. The learning curve to get started within the platform isn't steep, and their support team is extremely helpful when questions or use-cases do arise. For my company, approaching data in a new way, it's key to getting teams on board and looking at the data to make change.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that certainly aren't necessary but could improve the tool, such as in-dashboard images and a more robust communication platform. Believe these are in the product roadmap.

Our business is updating our approach to data to help us with our client work by providing the groundwork for more strategic conversations. Chartio dashboards allow our employees to have quick, relevant information to help them make their case.

"Chartio for data across publisher website and micro sites"

What do you like best?

Its very visual and extremely easy to navigate. The data is organized with ease and makes the reporting process extremely easy! I also like how customizable the dashboards are so that we can have exactly what we want to see in our data and how we want to see it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data can load slow or their are missing numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See how much time you can possibly save by implementing chartio. It could easily save your compnay or team a great amount of time as well as give you more insightful data and even create a better product to sell.

Chartio helps us solve a lot of problems with reporting on important data and stripping out everything we dont need. Chartio saves my team specifically a myriad of hours pulling reports, combining numbers, making visuals. It can not be undestated how much time it saves me everyday at work.

Bruno A.

"On the way to become really great"

What do you like best?

It has by far the easiest implementation that I tried and handles pretty well the main types of data sources. It also doesnt require too much techinical skills so you can get up and running in a day. On top of that, Chartio has really clean interface and people can often understand it very quickly withou techinical explanation of how it work and how to get the information they need.

What do you dislike?

Limited visualizations possibilites. They are working on it but there are some things they are behind the competitors:

- They dont have pages/grouping on their dashboards;

- They handle dropdown list filters pretty bad;

- They dont allow much possibilities to work with geometrical figures within the dashboard;

- Doesnt have much possibilites regarding conditional formatting outside tables type charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its really fast and worth trying. Its not the most complete, though. If you are coming from PowerBI or Tableau you will probably miss some things.

They deliver fast and ease-to-use Dashboards that you can show to your clients. I'm getting pretty good feedbacks from the clients and everyone on the agency seems to understand very fast how their interface works. We mainly use the send email report feature for external clients and the dashboards for internal use in the agency but we already upselled on a client because of the BI premium features we are offering.

Elman M.

"Chartio"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool to save and access data, you can find any information about your database, every information is presented in a clear and organized way which is a huge plus, workflow and workload are simplified, the accuracy of information is a delight and this helps us simplify the process. All your information is well stored. Every function and feature its extremely helpful and the support given is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time takes too long to load information, it's not user-friendly since its take some time to get used to it, also its not that customizable and the interface is really bland. These are just aesthetic issues both they somehow affect user interaction, besides this no complaints at all. There are no many options to change the user interface which is something small compared to everything that Chartio provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Chartio because it's a good app to save and have secure all your information. You will have an organized and better workflow. You just need to know that you will have to invest time to master it and really know every feature and functionality.

Business problems it helps to find all your information in one same place, most accurate information, you can see every change and every update in here. Workflow definitely is smoother now because we have a more organized way to look at our database. This is a great tool that will help you in your daily work, and the last plus, no coding required.

Sandra M.

"Extremely easy to use and keeps me on track! Amazing tool to perform like an expert with clients."

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to be able to track all of the data I need in order to perform at a high level on a day to day basis. Not only that, the quality of the people in their team is amazing. They are always willing and ready to help and do so with an extremely positive attitude.

What do you dislike?

What could anyone ever dislike about Chartio?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an amazing tool that helps you stay on track and know exactly where to solve any sort of issue and what aspects of the business you need to invest more time on. It's difficult to imagine my work life without it now!

As an Account Executive, it truly enables me to not only check in on how my clients are doing but also be able to help them use our platform most efficiently and fully take advantage of my services.

Thomas J.

"A Simple Yet Powerful Tool That Makes My Life 10x Easier"

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to create data stores - cached data sets that I can make available to our users. This is a huge advantage because A) I can filter out irrelevant fields and clean up the data before our end users work with it and B) the caching of the data sets reduces query time drastically and reduces load on our data warehouse.

I also love that the UI is simple enough that a large group of our users are comfortable making their own dashboards and charts, which reduces the amount of time I need to spend building each and every dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit high, but the value we get from Chartio far outweighs the cost.

Chartio also seems to release very frequently, and their UI is lots of drag and drop. They definitely have released minor bugs from time to time, which is annoying but rarely showstopping problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Chartio doesn't have all the features of Tableau or Looker. It strives for simplicity. In the long run, the simplicity pays off - users are able to self-serve, admins have a much easier experience, and overall user experience is far better.

We've spent a lot of time using Chartio to help with our sales team - they had very loose processes before chartio, and updates were given verbally or with slides. The things being said in a meeting rarely aligned with the data that was actually entered into Salesforce (ie our reps weren't keeping their Salesforce up to date).

Once we switched to Chartio, they suddenly became accountable to the quality of the data in Salesforce - they were being coached on what Chartio said was in their pipeline, not what they said was in their pipeline. It made a huge difference, brought extreme visibility into both the sales and every other team's performance, and has driven our company to focus on the things we measure and care about.

Jay A.

"Flexible, powerful charting for Business Analysts and SQL experts"

What do you like best?

The as the technical, data savvy guy, with Chartio I am NOT the bottleneck because it is easy enough to use, intuitive and yet powerful that business users can build charts and dashboards themselves. I can focus on data management, data integration and making sure all the right data objects and attributes are accessible and my business users can be truly empowered to do their own report and chart creation

What do you dislike?

1) Maps

2) Ability to join data-stores (persistent derived table) to regular tables in other schemas/databases

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out Periscope and Mode Analytics, but if you have both technical (SQL and database) users as well as business users, Chartio is the best path forward

Everything - from executive reports, to slide decks for investors, to operational reports that are scanning for issues. With the Data Stores, I was able to get data-warehouse like tables up and running in hours without any underlying ETL or actual DW systems in place. This was a massive value add to our organization

"Great, but for advanced users!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. It's really easy to use and see where I'm at, and I can usually troubleshoot by myself given the warnings that come up which is really helpful. I like that it easily integrates with BigQuery, and we can pipe all of our data over without too much trouble. I like that the backend is Postgresql as well, because it's so flexible and has so much functionality. The visualizations are really great as well.

What do you dislike?

It's not a personal dislike, but rather an issue that someone might have when buying--having advanced capabilities in Chartio really does require some decent knowledge of SQL. Business users might struggle to build the metrics they want to see with the interactive view. However, the product is perfect for a BI team or something of the like as it's got a ton of functionality they can access. I also find the reporting function lacking a bit--it's kind of annoying to work with entering so many emails (an uploader of a csv of emails would be so sick), and I wish you could just screenshot a chunk of the dashboard rather than the whole thing if you want (maybe just a selection of charts or something) to make the reports look a bit nicer. I think reporting is a HUGE thing and being able to send out email reports is where Chartio beats out competitors, and could really shine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's awesome and way better than Tableau ;)

Sending daily updates to teams via email in the reporting function is helping our Sales team understand where they stand (as Salesforce reporting isn't as flexible for what we need--Chartio fills that gap). We're able to link disparate data warehouses in here and visualize the results which is so amazing and has helped us really understand the links between our product and sales/retention.

"Intuitive, Customizable, Efficient"

What do you like best?

I love the drag and drop features with option to review SQL so I can be learning while I am working, I am always looking for ways to improve my SQL but appreciate the option to do it both ways if i'm not sure how to write something. I love the option to connect to multiple databases and the customer support has been fast and super helpful. Overall it has been so easy to learn, use, and create custom data connections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the formatting things that I have to always correct, and I wish it was easier to make multiple axis charts in one. I would also love to be able to write "or" statements with Google Analytics connections.

I am now able to share interactive dashboards with the rest of my team members to show performance in real time against over time trends, this way we a can better understand our benchmarks and set appropriate goals to improve.

User in Computer & Network Security

"Chartio has been extremely flexible to our reporting needs"

What do you like best?

The ease and functionality of the reports are great. It allows us to easily manage the workflow of different departments, increasing overall efficiency between each team. We can monitor new employee progress and compare them to other employees progress to help us determine the capacity of each employee. I have no more words so I hope this suffices for your team to review. We do also really like that we can access different reports and control which users see which reports so not to have different members of the company accessing reports that are unrelated to them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its slow to pull the data. Even if we refresh it can take time to load certain boxes in the report. I am sure it is something you are aware of and it could also be something related to the amount of data it is pulling on our end. Other than that it has been great and we really enjoy. I don't have any other words so I hope this is sufficient for your team to review.

Looking at different data patterns to help address different issues.

Lucie M.

"Excellent resource for bringing together multiple sharepoints"

What do you like best?

Being able to have multiple points of data that intersect and give us a better view of our own products' uses.

What do you dislike?

It does require quite a knowledge of code to be able to unite everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes an investment, especially in regards to time. You will want to have someone who is familiar with code and business intelligence to help you navigate. You also need to work backwards. Understand what result you are trying to get to, and then find the data points to get there.

EVERYTHING! Chart.io allows us to explore the ways our customer's use our products and also our we are serving our customers and increasing B2B revenue.

Orest L.

"Chartio is easy to use but can still provide all the features a power user would need"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to use their advanced data pipeline editor to create data transformation directly in Chartio. It allows me to create more complex pipelines without relying on coding and makes iterating them very easy.

What do you dislike?

There is still a lack of ability to copy and paste pipeline tasks to make them reusable. You can always copy and paste the entire chart but if there is a common data task they have to be set up individually.

We are using Chartio for reporting across the company. We have been able to build customized dashboard for each department and align all of our KPIs across the organization.

"Data accessibility for all"

What do you like best?

Chartio has done a great job of providing a system that allows advanced users all the functionality needed while providing the resources for newer users to learn and grow with Chartio. Along with that is the excellent customer service. They've really done a great job of providing an environment that's supportive of business users and analysts alike.

What do you dislike?

Currently, our plan only includes a hand full of editors based on the pricing system. I'd love to see more people be able to dive in behind the scenes.

We handle client data for all digital marketing touchpoints, and the inability for those platforms to play nice together has made reporting difficult. With Chartio, we're seeing Google Ads performance in the same chart as YouTube ad performance, something that required Excel and flat file exports. Now, a dashboard is ready to go for any client, any time period and all marketing touchpoints.

Darion F.

"Chartio makes presenting data easy to make and look at"

What do you like best?

The sql queries against our data warehouse work well and the charting system looks beautiful. This tech solution saved us so much money and provided us with an excellent tool.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much to dislike. Occasionally the queries run a bit slow but I haven't had them fall out from under me ever. Everything that is there works and tends to work well!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a web based charting system that works with sql or google sheets/ big data, This is the go to solution

Analytics against our data, we are able to provide charts and graphs to stakeholders almost instantly because of this tool.

Pawel K.

"Data-Driven company and product engineering with Chartio"

What do you like best?

Chartio makes possible to implement a truly data-driven approach for product engineering. We love chartio and use it to make visible all possible aspects of our company. Chartio is the reason why our product and business people started to learn sql :)

What do you dislike?

The feature I miss the most is a way for templating and inheritance of dashboards. I'd like to define a dashboard or chart groups that I could reuse in other dashboards by adding variables and other charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool, give it a ride!

Visualising all aspects of our company to make data based decisions possible

Thomas W.

"Works and does what we need it to"

What do you like best?

We have an internal database that needs to be visualized from the raw dataset and Chartio does that easily with its easy interface. Most of my reps use charts that we've pre made for them as they don't have the knowledge to create charts on their own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charts we create require more of an in depth knowledge of sql. Not everyone has that knowledge within all functions of the company so getting the new charts made can sometimes be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SQL knowledge doesn't hurt if you're going to be a power user - it'll help you not be so dependent on Ops pros within your company

The main business problem we're solving for with Chartio is being able to visualize our data from the raw dataset we have in our internal database.

Ron K.

"Not just another tool, it's a valuable member of my team."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manipulate the reporting interface. I literally use the tool daily to help with a variety of reporting tasks. It's easy to clone dashboards, or modules - in order to look at new segments.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we bump into an issue where we want to compare date ranges and that requires a bit of manipulation.

We use it across departments. Marketing, Operations, Account Development, and Support. For me, on the Marketing side - it helps me connect the dots between various marketing channels and actual ROI. Going beyond conversions, I can look at which campaigns (or even keywords) are resulting in ROI. Chartio makes the data instantly accessible without cluttering up my inbox with reports or requiring me to wait for an analyst to fulfill my request.

Learn more about Chartio

Chartio Videos

Learning about Chartio?

* We monitor all Chartio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.