Chartio

Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use

Work for Chartio?

Learning about Chartio?

Chartio Reviews

Ask Chartio a Question
Showing 188 Chartio reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Chartio review by Zach C.
Zach C.

"Chartio's a great internal and external tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for me to understand Chartio's BI tools. It's really easy to use various dashboards as selling points to clients because the data is pure and the proper numbers are enlarged to show importance.

What do you dislike?

Chartio can take some time to load when refreshing a dashboard, and I also wish there was the ability to subtitle reports. Making the chartio reports can also be time conusuming and wack-a-mole in nature. To be honest, the tool works really well though and I don't have any major complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. BI is so useful with how much data tech companies use and Chartio does a really good job of letting users present it.

I have a much clearer understanding of my company's functions and overall performance as a result of chartio. I'm able to actually understand how my company's product is working and what isn't. The benefits I've realized are understanding what clients need more attention and what ares of the business need more focus.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Chartio review by Gabriel Y.
Gabriel Y.

"Lots of promise, needs refinement"

What do you like best?

Chartio gives us al ot of power to expose data that our internal tools don't yet. We have a lot of flexibility to get new data without a long project timeline working with engineering.

What do you dislike?

Making more complicated charts can be very confusing. Certain functions don't work intuitively, some documentation is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a passing familiarity with SQL/database schema in general.

We have custom internal operations tools that provide data and basic analysis of our in market operations. We have much more data than we have analytics tools built into our software, so Chartio is a great opportunity for actual operations managers to create our own reports and collect data in new ways that our engineering team did not foresee when our software was initially developed, or that they don't have the bandwidth to implement in a reasonable timeframe.

Chartio review by Cameron Z.
Cameron Z.

"Chartio changed our reporting almost overnight"

What do you like best?

Chartio is really powerful and we used it to set up KPI dashboards for all teams within our startup.

I paste SQL straight in there, it's really easy to transform and format the data however you want it.

What do you dislike?

I personally didn't use the drag and drop features etc. because I prefer to write SQL - but I don't actively dislike these features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - contact their support if you're stuck as they're super helpful and responsive.

KPIs & dashboards for each team, screens in the office, daily email reports for internal and external stakeholders. We've been able to more accurately monitor all of our main KPIs in one centralised place which has reduced the burden on our BI Analyst massively - no longer are there 100s of ad-hoc data requests each day!

Chartio review by James G.
James G.

"One of the Easiest Platforms I've Used"

What do you like best?

I really love this technology. It enables small and large teams to scale their reporting and fast track the time it takes to structure it. I have in many instances had to model data through martech into salesforce. The challenges that arise are endless and Chartio solves all of them. Being able to tie multiple systems together and pull in any piece of data not just specific sets is extremely valuable.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something I dislike. Maybe the load speed of the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The days of having a few admin BI are over. There are too many users that need to triangulate data or just set up their own view of it. Chartio will be the power in which we give our organization the ability have self-serve dashboards and data.

The better questions is what we aren't solving. Chartio allows us to pull multiple data sets together in a seamless and concise view in one place. Historically pulling in data sets just for marketing alone was a challenge having dispersed systems. Chartio does a great job creating out of the box plug-ins and for those that are more technically saavy can have some fun with the code through SQL.

Chartio review by Max M.
Max M.

"Data for everyone"

What do you like best?

Chartio is such an approachable platform for both experienced analysts and beginners. The learning curve to get started within the platform isn't steep, and their support team is extremely helpful when questions or use-cases do arise. For my company, approaching data in a new way, it's key to getting teams on board and looking at the data to make change.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that certainly aren't necessary but could improve the tool, such as in-dashboard images and a more robust communication platform. Believe these are in the product roadmap.

Our business is updating our approach to data to help us with our client work by providing the groundwork for more strategic conversations. Chartio dashboards allow our employees to have quick, relevant information to help them make their case.

Chartio review by Bruno A.
Bruno A.

"On the way to become really great"

What do you like best?

It has by far the easiest implementation that I tried and handles pretty well the main types of data sources. It also doesnt require too much techinical skills so you can get up and running in a day. On top of that, Chartio has really clean interface and people can often understand it very quickly withou techinical explanation of how it work and how to get the information they need.

What do you dislike?

Limited visualizations possibilites. They are working on it but there are some things they are behind the competitors:

- They dont have pages/grouping on their dashboards;

- They handle dropdown list filters pretty bad;

- They dont allow much possibilities to work with geometrical figures within the dashboard;

- Doesnt have much possibilites regarding conditional formatting outside tables type charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its really fast and worth trying. Its not the most complete, though. If you are coming from PowerBI or Tableau you will probably miss some things.

They deliver fast and ease-to-use Dashboards that you can show to your clients. I'm getting pretty good feedbacks from the clients and everyone on the agency seems to understand very fast how their interface works. We mainly use the send email report feature for external clients and the dashboards for internal use in the agency but we already upselled on a client because of the BI premium features we are offering.

Chartio review by Elman M.
Elman M.

"Chartio"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool to save and access data, you can find any information about your database, every information is presented in a clear and organized way which is a huge plus, workflow and workload are simplified, the accuracy of information is a delight and this helps us simplify the process. All your information is well stored. Every function and feature its extremely helpful and the support given is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time takes too long to load information, it's not user-friendly since its take some time to get used to it, also its not that customizable and the interface is really bland. These are just aesthetic issues both they somehow affect user interaction, besides this no complaints at all. There are no many options to change the user interface which is something small compared to everything that Chartio provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Chartio because it's a good app to save and have secure all your information. You will have an organized and better workflow. You just need to know that you will have to invest time to master it and really know every feature and functionality.

Business problems it helps to find all your information in one same place, most accurate information, you can see every change and every update in here. Workflow definitely is smoother now because we have a more organized way to look at our database. This is a great tool that will help you in your daily work, and the last plus, no coding required.

Chartio review by Sandra M.
Sandra M.

"Extremely easy to use and keeps me on track! Amazing tool to perform like an expert with clients."

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to be able to track all of the data I need in order to perform at a high level on a day to day basis. Not only that, the quality of the people in their team is amazing. They are always willing and ready to help and do so with an extremely positive attitude.

What do you dislike?

What could anyone ever dislike about Chartio?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing tool that helps you stay on track and know exactly where to solve any sort of issue and what aspects of the business you need to invest more time on. It's difficult to imagine my work life without it now!

As an Account Executive, it truly enables me to not only check in on how my clients are doing but also be able to help them use our platform most efficiently and fully take advantage of my services.

Chartio review by Thomas J.
Thomas J.

"A Simple Yet Powerful Tool That Makes My Life 10x Easier"

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to create data stores - cached data sets that I can make available to our users. This is a huge advantage because A) I can filter out irrelevant fields and clean up the data before our end users work with it and B) the caching of the data sets reduces query time drastically and reduces load on our data warehouse.

I also love that the UI is simple enough that a large group of our users are comfortable making their own dashboards and charts, which reduces the amount of time I need to spend building each and every dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit high, but the value we get from Chartio far outweighs the cost.

Chartio also seems to release very frequently, and their UI is lots of drag and drop. They definitely have released minor bugs from time to time, which is annoying but rarely showstopping problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio doesn't have all the features of Tableau or Looker. It strives for simplicity. In the long run, the simplicity pays off - users are able to self-serve, admins have a much easier experience, and overall user experience is far better.

We've spent a lot of time using Chartio to help with our sales team - they had very loose processes before chartio, and updates were given verbally or with slides. The things being said in a meeting rarely aligned with the data that was actually entered into Salesforce (ie our reps weren't keeping their Salesforce up to date).

Once we switched to Chartio, they suddenly became accountable to the quality of the data in Salesforce - they were being coached on what Chartio said was in their pipeline, not what they said was in their pipeline. It made a huge difference, brought extreme visibility into both the sales and every other team's performance, and has driven our company to focus on the things we measure and care about.

Chartio review by Jay A.
Jay A.

"Flexible, powerful charting for Business Analysts and SQL experts"

What do you like best?

The as the technical, data savvy guy, with Chartio I am NOT the bottleneck because it is easy enough to use, intuitive and yet powerful that business users can build charts and dashboards themselves. I can focus on data management, data integration and making sure all the right data objects and attributes are accessible and my business users can be truly empowered to do their own report and chart creation

What do you dislike?

1) Maps

2) Ability to join data-stores (persistent derived table) to regular tables in other schemas/databases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Periscope and Mode Analytics, but if you have both technical (SQL and database) users as well as business users, Chartio is the best path forward

Everything - from executive reports, to slide decks for investors, to operational reports that are scanning for issues. With the Data Stores, I was able to get data-warehouse like tables up and running in hours without any underlying ETL or actual DW systems in place. This was a massive value add to our organization

Chartio review by User in Internet

"Great, but for advanced users!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. It's really easy to use and see where I'm at, and I can usually troubleshoot by myself given the warnings that come up which is really helpful. I like that it easily integrates with BigQuery, and we can pipe all of our data over without too much trouble. I like that the backend is Postgresql as well, because it's so flexible and has so much functionality. The visualizations are really great as well.

What do you dislike?

It's not a personal dislike, but rather an issue that someone might have when buying--having advanced capabilities in Chartio really does require some decent knowledge of SQL. Business users might struggle to build the metrics they want to see with the interactive view. However, the product is perfect for a BI team or something of the like as it's got a ton of functionality they can access. I also find the reporting function lacking a bit--it's kind of annoying to work with entering so many emails (an uploader of a csv of emails would be so sick), and I wish you could just screenshot a chunk of the dashboard rather than the whole thing if you want (maybe just a selection of charts or something) to make the reports look a bit nicer. I think reporting is a HUGE thing and being able to send out email reports is where Chartio beats out competitors, and could really shine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's awesome and way better than Tableau ;)

Sending daily updates to teams via email in the reporting function is helping our Sales team understand where they stand (as Salesforce reporting isn't as flexible for what we need--Chartio fills that gap). We're able to link disparate data warehouses in here and visualize the results which is so amazing and has helped us really understand the links between our product and sales/retention.

"Intuitive, Customizable, Efficient"

What do you like best?

I love the drag and drop features with option to review SQL so I can be learning while I am working, I am always looking for ways to improve my SQL but appreciate the option to do it both ways if i'm not sure how to write something. I love the option to connect to multiple databases and the customer support has been fast and super helpful. Overall it has been so easy to learn, use, and create custom data connections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the formatting things that I have to always correct, and I wish it was easier to make multiple axis charts in one. I would also love to be able to write "or" statements with Google Analytics connections.

I am now able to share interactive dashboards with the rest of my team members to show performance in real time against over time trends, this way we a can better understand our benchmarks and set appropriate goals to improve.

Chartio review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Chartio has been extremely flexible to our reporting needs"

What do you like best?

The ease and functionality of the reports are great. It allows us to easily manage the workflow of different departments, increasing overall efficiency between each team. We can monitor new employee progress and compare them to other employees progress to help us determine the capacity of each employee. I have no more words so I hope this suffices for your team to review. We do also really like that we can access different reports and control which users see which reports so not to have different members of the company accessing reports that are unrelated to them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its slow to pull the data. Even if we refresh it can take time to load certain boxes in the report. I am sure it is something you are aware of and it could also be something related to the amount of data it is pulling on our end. Other than that it has been great and we really enjoy. I don't have any other words so I hope this is sufficient for your team to review.

Looking at different data patterns to help address different issues.

Chartio review by Lucie M.
Lucie M.

"Excellent resource for bringing together multiple sharepoints"

What do you like best?

Being able to have multiple points of data that intersect and give us a better view of our own products' uses.

What do you dislike?

It does require quite a knowledge of code to be able to unite everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes an investment, especially in regards to time. You will want to have someone who is familiar with code and business intelligence to help you navigate. You also need to work backwards. Understand what result you are trying to get to, and then find the data points to get there.

EVERYTHING! Chart.io allows us to explore the ways our customer's use our products and also our we are serving our customers and increasing B2B revenue.

Chartio review by Orest L.
Orest L.

"Chartio is easy to use but can still provide all the features a power user would need"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to use their advanced data pipeline editor to create data transformation directly in Chartio. It allows me to create more complex pipelines without relying on coding and makes iterating them very easy.

What do you dislike?

There is still a lack of ability to copy and paste pipeline tasks to make them reusable. You can always copy and paste the entire chart but if there is a common data task they have to be set up individually.

We are using Chartio for reporting across the company. We have been able to build customized dashboard for each department and align all of our KPIs across the organization.

Chartio review by Administrator

"Data accessibility for all"

What do you like best?

Chartio has done a great job of providing a system that allows advanced users all the functionality needed while providing the resources for newer users to learn and grow with Chartio. Along with that is the excellent customer service. They've really done a great job of providing an environment that's supportive of business users and analysts alike.

What do you dislike?

Currently, our plan only includes a hand full of editors based on the pricing system. I'd love to see more people be able to dive in behind the scenes.

We handle client data for all digital marketing touchpoints, and the inability for those platforms to play nice together has made reporting difficult. With Chartio, we're seeing Google Ads performance in the same chart as YouTube ad performance, something that required Excel and flat file exports. Now, a dashboard is ready to go for any client, any time period and all marketing touchpoints.

Chartio review by Darion F.
Darion F.

"Chartio makes presenting data easy to make and look at"

What do you like best?

The sql queries against our data warehouse work well and the charting system looks beautiful. This tech solution saved us so much money and provided us with an excellent tool.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much to dislike. Occasionally the queries run a bit slow but I haven't had them fall out from under me ever. Everything that is there works and tends to work well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a web based charting system that works with sql or google sheets/ big data, This is the go to solution

Analytics against our data, we are able to provide charts and graphs to stakeholders almost instantly because of this tool.

Chartio review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"Works and does what we need it to"

What do you like best?

We have an internal database that needs to be visualized from the raw dataset and Chartio does that easily with its easy interface. Most of my reps use charts that we've pre made for them as they don't have the knowledge to create charts on their own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charts we create require more of an in depth knowledge of sql. Not everyone has that knowledge within all functions of the company so getting the new charts made can sometimes be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

SQL knowledge doesn't hurt if you're going to be a power user - it'll help you not be so dependent on Ops pros within your company

The main business problem we're solving for with Chartio is being able to visualize our data from the raw dataset we have in our internal database.

Chartio review by Ron K.
Ron K.

"Not just another tool, it's a valuable member of my team."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manipulate the reporting interface. I literally use the tool daily to help with a variety of reporting tasks. It's easy to clone dashboards, or modules - in order to look at new segments.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we bump into an issue where we want to compare date ranges and that requires a bit of manipulation.

We use it across departments. Marketing, Operations, Account Development, and Support. For me, on the Marketing side - it helps me connect the dots between various marketing channels and actual ROI. Going beyond conversions, I can look at which campaigns (or even keywords) are resulting in ROI. Chartio makes the data instantly accessible without cluttering up my inbox with reports or requiring me to wait for an analyst to fulfill my request.

Chartio review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"I Feel Like a Data Hero at the Office"

What do you like best?

I've tried other tools like Klipfolio and have found them to be clunky and complicated. Chartio was a breath of fresh air compared to that. We were able to quickly connect to all of our data sources through Chartio's various partnerships and direct integrations. Intercom, Mixpanel, Stripe, etc.

By far, the best part so far is the user interface and general responsiveness of the platform. I'm able to create complex queries without touching a line of code. While I've messaged support a couple of times, I actually found my answer only minutes later, simply by experimenting.

What's more, the provided charts are very well designed, flexible, and smart so they fit the data being fed to them.

I'm in love.

What do you dislike?

So far only small things. For example, there aren't a lot of text formatting options for data on bar charts from the Chart Settings screen. Not a big deal, but I can't figure out a way to style the values shown on top of the bars (as either currency or percentages). I'm sure there's some way to do it during the data pipeline, but just haven't figured it out yet.

I had to do a fair bit of experimenting to figure out what certain Transformation Steps actually did. I'd often have an idea in my head of what I wanted to do, but the help documentation wasn't quite detailed enough in every case.

I would prefer some simpler data formatting steps as mentioned above, such as "change this column to $" or "make the values in this column %"

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far this is the easiest platform I've found that really doesn't require you to know any code. We're particularly enjoying using Chartio with Stitch for even more integrations.

We have our data spread across various places (Intercom, Stripe, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.). Our developers are tied up doing the real work, but because of Chartio we were able to draw valuable insights by making multiple in-depth and highly customizable queries. We've created things like sales/marketing funnels, conversion rate by currency type (by combining Mixpanel data and two Stripe queries), MRR, Average Daily Signups, and more. We plan to do a lot more with it.

For us, the benefit comes down to having quick and powerful insights into our sales/marketing performance. We're also excited about it's usefulness as we present data to investors.

Chartio review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Chartio has been a game-changer for us"

What do you like best?

Chartio is used by all departments across our company. For Account Management, Chartio provides a custom snapshot at our accounts to understand usage, spend, and trends. It also allows us to quickly provide custom reports for our key clients.

What do you dislike?

Chartio is a pretty complex tool. I feel like I might be missing out on some of the features available to me and my team.

We can quickly understand a customer's trends and usage of our platform. We can now slice and dice data visually within moments to locate weaknesses and opportunities with our customers.

Chartio review by Sébastien L.
Sébastien L.

"Lots of features"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to manipulate the figures with Chartio and to analyse them thanks to the charts. I also like demo dashboard and the fact that we can duplicate them easily.

What do you dislike?

It was sometimes quite complicate for a non developper to make what I would like to do. However, the support is very helpful and answers rapidly.

We are sellor on a famous marketplace who provide us only table. So, it was quite complicated and it takes lots of time to analyse them with Excel macros. So we needed absolutely a business analytics solution.

Chartio review by Marcos B.
Marcos B.

"Great functions but limited visualisations"

What do you like best?

Chartio is great to enable users to deal with its large databases writing SQL codes and the engineering part runs very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

I think that aesthetically Chartio is behind its competitors. I also miss the possibility of inserting R and Python codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that chartio seems to be extremely useful for users that are skilled in SQL but the visualizations are a little behind its competitors. Chartio, however, seems to be way faster.

I work with Data Analysis for User Acquisition. Chartio is adequate for my job, especially through its timeline graphs.

Chartio review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Database Visualization and Querying Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Chartio makes it super easy to connect to your data sources and quickly start creating queries and graphs to understand your data. Within a few minutes of signing up, I had already learned things about my customers that I otherwise never would have known.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit tricky to make more complex queries that involve joining tables or manipulating data. Chartio has a knowledge base to help answer questions, but I'd like to see more examples in there.

We use Chartio to understand our customers for the sake of informing our product roadmap, financial planning, and investor presentations. For a small, growing startup like ours, it's an incredibly valuable tool.

Chartio review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"Intuitive platform for business reporting"

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to get up and running once your database is connected, and it's easy to use for both SQL and non-SQL users. I especially like the dynamic SQL writer, which shows you the code even when you're in drag-and-drop mode.

What do you dislike?

Some modes are mutually exclusive, e.g. if you create a dashboard for someone using SQL they are then unable to go in and edit it using the drag-and-drop mode. The same applies to the advanced view vs. the basic view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The forums are useful sources for code.

I use this for a range of business reporting and analytics, including revenue reporting and creating custom dashboards and tools for different parts of the business.

Chartio review by Jan Alexej G.
Jan Alexej G.

"After multiple years Chartio has proven versatile, well designed and highly flexible"

What do you like best?

We use various aspects of Chartio and appreciate the ease of use as much as the advanced features that allow to build highly customized reports quickly while maintaining a high level of performance even over extensive queries and very large dashboards.

What do you dislike?

We are looking forward to seeing the pro features / advanced abilities evolve and also having more abilities to format our data more in detail on the dashboards.

We use Chartio for all our internal analysis and reporting needs from web analytics to business intelligence.

Chartio review by Gavin M.
Gavin M.

"Chartio Handles Data Well - Without the Complexity"

What do you like best?

Chartio combines a standard SQL builder with more powerful visualizations and a visual editor. This combination makes it very user friendly while still allowing non-power users to get to results. The sources provided are also comprehensive. Chartio plugs in quite well to a range of tools, including Google Cloud and hosted solutions, so there is no difficulty connecting to a system you use. Data can also be added on the fly and from CSV files, and sources can be refreshed rapidly to keep schemas up to date. Chartio reports are also embeddable and customizable, capable of being part of an application's reporting solution.

What do you dislike?

There can be some speedbumps going between interactive and SQL mode, as well as in working with data. The default visualization set is also somewhat small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone on the team comfortable with advanced SQL to get started easily. It's not required, but will speed up implementation.

Internal reporting and analytics from Postgres.

Chartio review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"Fast, easy-to-use, versatile browser-based data tool"

What do you like best?

Versatility - Chartio makes it easy to generate charts, tables, graphs, complex SQL queries, links, and interactive web-apps all from data sources you connect easily. If you need to do something with your company's data, there's practically no bound to what you can do with Chartio!

I also love that it is fast to load, and fast to pick up on. A power user can gradually uncover the power of Chartio, while a brand new user can start making productive use of the software immediately.

The customer support is also fantastic!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up with anything to dislike with Chartio. If you're really nit-picky, you might find some of their wysiwyg tools could be streamlined more, and a little more graph diversity would be a nice-to-have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large team or a small but growing one, Chartio is worth every penny. Don't spend dev resources building internal dashboards or visualizations when you have a feature-rich, intuitive solution already ready for you: Chartio!

We are trying to efficiently analyze our startup's data, quickly create visualizations and interactive tools for our operations, sales, and customer support teams, and create beautiful graphs for sharing growth goals externally.

We've mitigated the need for additional engineering it would have taken to get answers to common data questions or to create useful tools for other parts of the business. We've been able to quickly get answers to almost any question about our customer-base and business data - invaluable to a growing startup like ours!

Chartio review by User

"Chartio the metrics master"

What do you like best?

I think the product is great all around. Best part is the flexibility, allowing to create useful dashboards for nontechnical people using the query builder, but also getting complex data by manually writing SQL statements, joining them, grouping them etc. The additional data modifications available by chartio and filters make the dynamic data loads exceptionally useful. We have daily dashboard reports, and filters to adapt for our needs.

What do you dislike?

Really minor thing i dislike is the URLs when using a lot of variables. Sharing urls or refreshing the page does not mean you're getting the data set by default filters. Like i said, really minor and mostly inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great documentation, everything you need to get started is there. If you know SQL, then its intuitive and you can dive in.

Easy retrieval of specific metrics, be it one time or continuous reporting of those data.Serves as a workaround without the need for our engineering team to build/maintain tools for that.

Chartio review by User

"GREAT TOOLS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT"

What do you like best?

Customize able data at your finger tips. other than using the executive level of info. it is a awesome tool to simplify the planners and engineering jobs as you can have all the data in a easy to read and understand format mixing your sequel database to multiple other forms and excel files. so you dont have to search to get the info you need.

What do you dislike?

some of the custom forms that we have created to search for a Part number have an addition pop out field that is kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides the execs with all their pertinent info from graphs and sales and big picture. and its always up to date.

Provides many boards around the shop to organize jobs on the shop floor. almost totally gone with paper job packs.

really good tools for our expediters, quoters, managers, supervisors, and planners, as well as our customerservice.

Chartio review by Administrator

"My favorite reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Chartio has the easiest setup and implementation for a BI tool that I have experienced. As a less-technical user I have experienced no problems with adding new data sources, making changes to our schemas, or creating custom data sets.

Chartio's user interface is intuitive and beautiful. I love teaching other members of my non-technical team how to use Chartio because I feel like the interface helps me explain even complex SQL queries. The team at Chartio have done a wonderful job at creating a UI for the business user.

Chartio's support is incredibly responsive, attentive and accessible. They go above-and-beyond to help me with any of my questions, be it a query that is stumbling me or I have a complex visualization I can't figure out.

What do you dislike?

At this point my dislikes are minor and related to just wanting more.

I would love to see more visualization options with more complex capabilities. I would also love more dashboard-level interactivity for the user that is just viewing but not creating so they can be involved and more inspired by the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio is my top recommendation for a team looking for a business intelligence tool that does not require a data team or coding knowledge.

My team uses Chartio for marketing and sales - we are able to keep track of our business pipeline and marketing initiatives. Its easy for us to understand which marketing campaigns are performing well, and its easy for sales to forecast.

Chartio review by Margaret W.
Margaret W.

"Great product with flexibility for all orgs"

What do you like best?

the ability to switch between an interactive chart-builder and a sql based mode makes chartio user-friendly for people with varying technical experience and is also a great tool for learning sql

What do you dislike?

graph and chart functions aren't as robust as some other data viz tools but Chartio definitely offers enough to get the job done!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our biggest limitations with Chartio have to do with their limited geographical mapping options

the ability to view schemas within chartio allows for easier etl

Chartio review by Edouard F.
Edouard F.

"Perfect product for my need, very powerful, easy to use..."

What do you like best?

I'm not a technical guy, I'm from marketing. And these products usually need to be setup and managed by super saavy guys and then marketing just reads the numbers. With Chart.io I'm completely autonomous. If you understand the basic of Excel and pivot tables, then you can use Chart.io. Their guides are well made. I always find what I'm looking for and when I really need it, support is there to help.

What do you dislike?

I think that design wise it's a little limited. You can change colors but that's about it. I'd like the possibility to include images on the reports I export (especially if you export for investors for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to love numbers and to love solving puzzles, but that's true for any software like Chart.io. There is a free trial, that will allow you to try everything. There's no reason not to love it.

Understanding how my business works, what my users do, what stage I'm at.

It's a great way of analyzing a big amount of data to catch new trends that would be otherwise hidden.

Chartio review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Let analysts be complicated and let everyone else be simple"

What do you like best?

We needed a tool that could serve the needs of various Product, Engineering, and business end users, such as being easy to navigate and pull custom information per date ranges and products, etc. For me, it was important to use a tool that was easy to build out a dashboard library (I just use SQL), simple to create visuals, and allowed me the freedom to expand the depth of my analysis as needed.

Chartio manages to do both--satisfy data consumers and data producers, and leaves both camps happy.

What do you dislike?

Chartio exposes issues with our database structure :) mostly a joke, since this is clearly more a "me problem" and not a Chartio issue--but be warned that if your database structure doesn't have easy aggregate/summary tables and stores related information on separate tables (i.e., you'll always need to join a few tables for even a simple query), you and your team may struggle to use the interactive drag-and-drop feature.

As some of our business includes managing contractors, we use Chartio on an hourly (and certainly daily) basis to monitor activity and usage on our site. The most common use cases include identifying trends over time, troubleshooting issues within our networks, and making business decisions.

We've been able to speed up the process of all of these with Chartio; users have instant access to analyst-approved safe data in a variety of formats to make quick and informed decisions. As well, as an analyst, I've been able to move my work to longer and more complicated projects as my users now have fewer requests that cannot be answered by an already built dashboard or chart.

Chartio review by Caitlin V.
Caitlin V.

"Versatile tool for combining and displaying data from multiple sources with superior support"

What do you like best?

I love how versatile Chartio is, that often the limitations of my knowledge of the software hold my work back more than the capabilities of the product itself. I love that I can use it to produce such a wide variety of graphs, tables, and visualizations. I love that it updates automatically so I can build charts once and then let them take care of themselves, but the absolute best thing about Chartio is their support.

I have found Chartio support to be incredibly useful and attentive. Their team has helped me solve the smallest, silliest problems and incredibly complex issues I'm having while building and tweaking charts usually within a day or two of my original query and in as few emails as is reasonable.

I lean on Chartio's support team frequently. As their product is so flexible and the data I work with can be particularly challenging at times, I frequently end up learning new techniques from their support team that I can later incorporate into my general workflow.

Chartio allows you to build charts using SQL or their own interactive mode and I frequently switch between the two when I need capabilities one or the other mode is better in. Likewise, Chartio's support team us equally helpful whichever mode I am using. When I need it, they sometimes go beyond helping me tweak what I've already produced to get it to work and will write custom queries or make large adjustments to charts for me.

I love Chartio as a product, but their support team is why I've recommended them to several colleagues and friends.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I'll run into small problems that are frustrating, but that I can work around. I think perhaps the thing that is most frustrating is that there are a few data sources my team wants to see in Chartio that there isn't an easy integration for.

Primarily, we use SalesForce and Mixpanel as a team, but these can only be connected to Chartio with workarounds that have been less than adequate for my team. If all of your data or your primary data are stored in sources that Chartio can natively connect to you'll have much better outcomes than if you're tied to workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your data and the problems you're having with them, if your data is stored in places that Chartio has native integrations with and you want to automate charts in daily, weekly, or monthly reports, Chartio is probably a great option for you.

Be realistic about whether you have at least one employee who is willing to learn the ins and outs of Chartio. I probably spend 60% or more of my time in Chartio, which is by far more than any other employee on our plan, and it shows in my work. I've been using Chartio heavily for a year now and the charts I build are increasingly complex in the back end and simple on the surface. Other users within our company who haven't devoted the same time to learning Chartio are less comfortable using it and don't build as much in it.

Oh and if you're trialling or using Chartio, lean on support as much as you need. In general I try to live by the adage that it's o.k. to ask any question once but I should try not to ask the same things twice. This has served me incredibly well with Chartio. Most of the advanced and complex charts I build apply techniques I learned from question I asked support while building smaller, less complex charts. The more you're using Chartio, the more valuable you'll find it.

One of the biggest business problems we're solving with Chartio is one I think about the least, because Chartio makes it so I don't have to. That is the problem of having the most up to date data whenever we need to look.

Before Chartio I had to run and re-run queries and update executive summary spreadsheets by hand. It was tedious, dull, and time consuming.

I wanted to be analyzing data, asking new queries and finding new answers, instead I spent probably 25% of my time running the same things just so they would be up to date.

Chartio allowed me to build things and then let them update themselves. I get to spend my time pruning the data, looking for new answers, and building ever more specific data sets for specific needs instead of updating the same data by hand over and over and over.

Chartio has also allowed me to combine data from multiple sources in single charts and tables. Some of my most complex charts are pulling data from 3 or more sources, then performing complex calculations on some of it, then producing a simple graph or a single number that belies the complexity beneath.

Our company uses a lot of cloud sources for our data storage and collection and Chartio seamlessly integrates with most of them, while also allowing for manual .csv data uploads when necessary.

Chartio review by Jared F.
Jared F.

"Hands-down the best data tool"

What do you like best?

Chartio is "just right". It has all the features you need to make your data accessible to your organization, without any clutter. The product feels like consumer software, not enterprise. It's easy enough that even non-technical people in the org will be able to learn to use it, but powerful that your engineers can go nuts.

What do you dislike?

Mostly some missing features:

1) There should be a way to upload data into Chartio in a fully integrated way. You can do that, but then you can't join the data against other data in your database.

2) Similarly, it would be nice to have integrated ETL functionality that writes to the DB. As it is, we need to maintain a completely separate ETL.

3) When doing complex joins, sometimes Chartio gets the join key wrong and there is no way to fix it.

We use Chartio is our main business intelligence tool. It's how we communicate data across the organization.

Because of Chartio, we have tremendously increased access to data.

Chartio review by Erin O.
Erin O.

"Easy to use, access to amazing data and insights"

What do you like best?

I love that Chart.io is able to provide our company with a wealth of data and resources that we can leverage in a way that best suits our needs.

What do you dislike?

While this might not be a specific Chart.io issue, our larger dashboards and charts can be cumbersome to load. This can, at times, be frustrating.

Again, valuable insight and data that allow us to refocus our attention on customers who need support, as well as understand our audience better.

Chartio review by Dal A.
Dal A.

"It's great for startups, but we won't be renewing."

What do you like best?

Unlimited data connections and up and running within 1 hour. It was amazingly easy to set up and get going. That's why we went with it initially. At this point we're looking for either something more robust, or cheaper. Not sure exactly what direction we'll go. We're evaluating Amazon Quicksight.

What do you dislike?

Pricing was $25k for the year. That's a bit much for an internal BI tool for a startup. Also - it builds it's own SQL (which you can view) behind the scenes but it's really inefficient so the data loads take forever and often time-out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I rank them a 5 on the NPS score because it's a 50/50 chance of me recommending them. It was perfect for what we needed at that specific point in time. A year later, our priorities have changed and we're moving on.

Internally we weren't able to see ANY real data insights. This helped us solve that.

Chartio review by Jean-Philippe M.
Jean-Philippe M.

"Easy to do charts and very beautiful"

What do you like best?

The way you construct your charts and the look of them. Very easy for non-used people.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can complain on is that it is not really clear when you are making a more complex game and there is an error, it isn't very clear.

We have a lot of clients, and we need a lot of stats. Chartio provides us with great charts that help develop our product with numbers about our clients.

Chartio review by Administrator

"Data made easy for everyone"

What do you like best?

- Drag & drop mode and SQL mode for both beginner and advanced users.

-The ability to join different database together to get an holistic view of your business.

- Ease to create custom dashboard for everything (business, team kpis, investor reports and more).

What do you dislike?

- No autocomplete on SQL mode

- When you have many charts on your dashboard, it can be a pain if you need to re-organize them.

We started using Chartio when the business and the team was still small and our primary need was to understand the customer better and set some basic KPIs to follow.

Using Chartio to join different database together, we could get a better view of how our customers interacted with our product and allowed us to better understand their needs.

As the business and the team grew, we became more hungry for datas and we are now using Chartio's dashboard to pilot every decision of our business.

Chartio review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Superb customer success team!"

What do you like best?

The product is wonderful and easy to use, but I feel their strength lies with the Chartio team. Fast response with any help tickets. A customer success manager also checks in with us once a month just to make sure everything is going great on our end. They are very friendly and genuinely want to make sure we get the best experience.

What do you dislike?

So far, I can't think of anything to dislike. Their product has been going smoothly. Regular new updates and features roll out.

Chartio provides our organization with a fully operational self-service reporting system. It helped free up the analysts' time by creating standardized reports that can be viewed by many teams of the organization. We have also created nice visual daily dashboards to monitor the health of the company.

Chartio review by Maria Victoria G.
Maria Victoria G.

"Great tool for data manipulation and visualization"

What do you like best?

One of the most interesting features that Chartio offers is the possibility of combining different data sources into the same chart.

The data processing options that can be executed after the dataset is returned by the database are also very helpful. Multi-row operations are a great example because it is something that can't be done in databases like MySQL.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the possibility of integrating more data sources that can't be added directly (Salesforce, Jira, Redis, Elastic Search).

It would also be great to have statistical analysis support, as well as the possibility of returning more than 10000 rows in a single query.

Chartio has helped us to spread information internally, making data available to make informed decisions. It has also helped to solve custom data requests from our clients.

Chartio review by Pau R.
Pau R.

"The easiest yet powerful BI"

What do you like best?

Most of the BI solutions out there are too difficult, too complex or both. With Chartio you can easily mine your data in a couple of minutes and start getting answers straight away. You can always jump into SQL for more advanced queries, but with the built-in visual tool, you get quite far actually!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if you could map certain knowledge concepts so the whole team understands what the query is doing. For instance "Active user" or "Closed opportunity". Usually you repeat this concepts over and over and changing them means to update many charts.

We need to understand how our business is doing and which areas need attention. With Chartio we can measure the whole funnel (from visitor to customer) and understand what works and what does not.

Chartio review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"A rare "goldilocks" analytics product - power vs. ease of use are just right"

What do you like best?

Chartio is incredibly easy to set up and either run reports or build dashboards for recurring use. Most tools are only good at one of those things.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steeper if you don't know SQL

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework if you have very custom requirements.

We use Chartio for 3 primary purposes:

1) Dashboarding - it's a much more cost effective if slightly cruder version of what Tableau or Looker will do

2) Ad hoc SQL queries - instead of relying on devs or BAs, you can empower your whole team to run SQL queries because it's that easy.

3) Combining multiple data sources - we regularly combine web analytics data with DB content, which is really hard to do typically in other tools.

Chartio review by Ivan B.
Ivan B.

"The fastest tool to analyze your data!"

What do you like best?

I like Chartio because it is fast. Very fast! I've never seen so rapid visualization tool which works online.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. One thing which can be improved is documentation and adding more functionality to copy existing data preparation pipeline.

It shows us where our organization is; where we have issues in our processes; It is one of the easiest tools which help to understand your business.

Chartio review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Huge fan of Chartio's powerful/quick chart builder"

What do you like best?

Building charts is extremely quick and the functionality is robust/flexible

What do you dislike?

Visually, things could look nicer and Chartio could do more to help me pick colouring (e.g. prebuild colour templates). Also, schema management can sometimes be challenging.

By building dashboards for all departments, we've given everyone easy access to the data they need and we've given upper management access to the tools they need for oversight.

Chartio review by User

"Chartio is a simple BI tool for dashboarding and low-friction data exploration"

What do you like best?

Chartio's dashboard interface is grid-based and makes chart sizing and arrangement very easy.

The chart types offered are somewhat limited but each is fairly thorough in its capabilities.

The pipeline offers a number of useful post-query pre-visual manipulations like pivot, transpose, reorder, and zero-fill (for dates and nulls).

The chart editor and explore features are separated from dashboard edits allowing smoother maintenance of client-facing content and ad-hoc querying.

What do you dislike?

Chartio forces a 1:1 relationship between queries and charts which creates scalability issues and limits dashboard sizes. Data Stores offer a decent work around.

The row/data limit for charts is relatively low (10mb) and offers no work arounds.

Dashboard organization is only possible through tagging and does not offer a folder system.

Embedded dashboards are not interactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio is a mainly tool for users who are not strong in SQL. Chartio mainly adds features to serve this user base.

Embedded dashboards, ad-hoc analytics, internal dashboard sharing, simple DB interface, exploratory analysis.

Being able to quickly develop a dashboard and send it over to a team-in-need feels great for everyone.

Somewhat complex charts can be formulated and published easily.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create charts with multiple data sources.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer better options for dates i.e. set comparison periods. For example, if I have a bar chart revenue by month, I'd love to have an option for "versus previous year" or "versus previous period" and it will automatically take the date range I've selected and show the comparison. Google Data Studio does this and it's really helpful.

I'd also like more control over how charts look. I am a designer by trade and feel like I have less flexibility from a design perspective than I do with Google Data Studio.

Just trying to get a sense of what's going on in our business so we can make more informed decisions.

Chartio review by Ewan B.
Ewan B.

"Simple to use with great outputs"

What do you like best?

Chartio is easy to use, adding a new report, dashboard, auto email only takes a few minutes. There are also plenty of advanced features on offer too, should you wish to use them. Amazing customer support and new features are added all the time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is user admin to see what users are doing in chartio. I believe this is coming in a new release soon

Several, we have automation of standard reports, it allows sales team to create their own reports for customers from dashboards we have built and allows the product team to monitor the performance of the app.

Learn more about Chartio

Chartio Videos

Learning about Chartio?

* We monitor all Chartio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.