WordPress.org

(6,884)

WordPress.org is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. They like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.

Work for WordPress.org?

Learning about WordPress.org?

WordPress.org Reviews

Showing 6,885 WordPress.org reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WordPress.org
WordPress.org review by Nicholas O.
Nicholas O.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

WordPress.org review by Hannah C.
Hannah C.

"A good creator of multi-purpose websites."

What do you like best?

WordPress is a very useful platform to create websites, I like that when using this platform I can create websites of any kind, giving you completely professional endings. It is a very interactive platform, its interface is great, it has all the options and configurations that are easy to achieve.

This tool also allows me to integrate the most known and most useful applications, such as MailChimp or WooCoomerce, I like that WordPress is a very popular platform, this means that all applications are constantly updated and that I have more and more ways to optimize my website. .

Also I like about this tool that has many templates both free and paid, and the use of the platform is completely free.

What do you dislike?

WordPress is a very good platform, but it has some things that should be improved, for example the loading speed, this company is characterized by having very large files, if I install many plugins my website tends to be slower, this makes many customers when they try to enter my website and wait for 3-5 seconds. This really is very bad and they should optimize the loading speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that you should choose a template that has all the features that the website you want to create requires. There are thousands of templates in WordPress with each different theme, this platform gives you the option to choose the one you like the most.

I also recommend installing themes that do not occupy so much space in the hosting, while the website has more files will be slower.

WordPress has helped a lot in my company, has organized the time in a better way, and has saved us a lot of money. A few years ago in my organization we had to pay web developers, to manage the website, these developers charged a high sum of money for the monthly maintenance of the platform, for uploading daily content, for managing social networks. Today, thanks to WordPress, my company trained us to manage the website and publish content and products automatically thanks to the WordPress programmed publications tool. We have saved a lot of money and time.

WordPress.org review by Valerie S.
Valerie S.

"Easy to Use for a Web Design Newbie!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of WordPress is how easy it is to organize an extremely large amount of information. I run the WordPress website for my department, and I was overwhelmed at how much information we needed to display for our students. WordPress makes it easy to utilize accordion tabs so that students can navigate directly to the information they need.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally find it difficult to embed images into the websites. The website will give an error message but not let me know specifically what the issue is. This makes it hard to figure out how to correct it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried a couple of different website platforms and WordPress is by far my favorite. It has all of the features I need to keep my website running but it is also very intuitive and user friendly. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to anyone who needs a platform for their website!

Super easy to use! I have to make frequent edits to deadlines and other constantly changing pieces of information, and it is always a very simple process.

WordPress.org review by Holly C.
Holly C.

"Wordpress for Websites (Not Just Blogs)"

What do you like best?

* It can be a lot faster to build a website with Wordpress than from scratch with HTML & CSS

* You can still edit the HTML & CSS in sections of the website to make some custom changes to the template you're using.

* There is the possibility of building your own custom template when proficient enough

* The CMS makes it simpler, easier, and faster to upload and organize content

* There is a lot of capacity for modification of Wordpress and Wordpress Themes.

* CMS in general can make it easier for a client to make updates or changes after a site is finished so they don't have to call you for updates and changes quite as often.

* Wordpress sites can be installed on hosting from a variety of hosts, not just Wordpress (eg: It can be installed on hosting sites like GoDaddy)

* It can be used for a wide variety of websites, not just blogs and a blog does not have to be part of your site (just fyi since Wordpress was first widely known for blogs)

*Extensions can be installed easily to add more features to your site.

What do you dislike?

You can't type javascript into certain parts of a Wordpress site where you could type code for html or css. I tried to add some javascript into the code editing section to make it so I could use a .svg file for my logo, but whenever the code was saved, the syntax for the opening and closing tags was automatically changed so it wouldn't run. .SVG are not compatible with WordPress by default for security reasons, but using a .jpg or .gif makes the logo appear blurry on mobile when the Wordpress Site is displayed on a mobile device. I eventually found a plugin that worked to allow me to upload and install .SVG safely and easily, but it's odd that WordPress didn't have an option to resolve a blurry logo without a plugin.

If you change your WordPress Theme, settings, content, and tracking would have to be re-installed. That sounds inconvenient at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't have to just use Wordpress for blogs, just fyi. It can be used for a variety of websites that do not have a blog at all. I don't think it has a lot of capabilities for things like e-commerce, though, so for an e-commerce site, you might want to do some research on all your options for the type of business you're going to run. Pricing can depend on a lot of external factors like where you're buying your hosting and domain, etc.

It's faster to build a website with Wordpress than code a website by hand from scratch using just HTML and CSS. I re-built my graphic design portfolio site with WordPress to replace my old one I made a long time ago in college with just HTML & CSS. I used a fairly basic template. Eventually I'd like to make a more advanced custom Wordpress Template, but even with just the basic template, it was fast, easy, and simple to make my site look clean, organized, and professional.

WordPress.org review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

"Excellent content management system perfect for all use"

What do you like best?

I love that this software is very versatile, it has the possibility of creating any website, from a simple page to a more complex page like an electronic commerce. It also has more than 50,000 add-ons with which to play and create new incredibly dynamic and colorful pages. This software is also far superior to its security level competence and constant updates

What do you dislike?

I do not like the software to be manually updated, since in case the maintenance staff does not realize that the software needs updating, then the software will never be updated. This is a problem, you should have some option to be able to have automatic updates. In some cases wordpress may lose flexibility due to the template that is being used. If you use a good template with many complete, the results can be incredible

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a software that everyone should use for the development of web pages since it is simple to use and very intuitive. In addition to having an excellent security. Anyone without a lot of web knowledge can manage to create their website from this tool. I love

This software solvento a big problem, which was to create our new website for the company. Currently this website is in the process of development and is expected to end soon, and wordpress has been able to give us incredible tools for the development of this incredible web

WordPress.org review by Hence W.
Hence W.

"WordPress is Still the Best CMS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, even if you’re not a tech expert, WordPress makes building a site simple. And the new Gutenberg visual editor will unlock a lot of possibilities in term of design and content presentation. Also, WordPress GPL license gives businesses the most freedom to use the software. It's also easier to extend the functionality of WordPress site with plugins. There are plenty of options to choose from, free or premium plugins.

What do you dislike?

WordPress post & user meta give developer flexibility to customize and add more data effortlessly. However, lots of metadata can make for some heavy join operations and will cause scalability issues in gigantic datasets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is hands down the best content management system. And it's getting better every day. There's a reason why WordPress is still the most popular CMS choice for websites.

We used other CMS in the past and struggled to customize without spending lots of hours.

WordPress helps us to complete website development faster, maintain a lot of websites with minimal effort (thanks for a seamless update mechanism and strong backward compatibility commitment).

WordPress.org review by Glen R.
Glen R.

"Wordpress, The safest way to create websites"

What do you like best?

In my experience, one of the features that Wordpress excels in is the security it provides to our websites. The dashboard of the application is protected by a combination of user / password that limits the number of failed attempts in order to preserve security.

It also provides security for those third-party plugins installed on our Wordpress website because due to the way it works, the application forces the plugin creators to use certain methods that prevent a malicious user from gaining control of the site through of these functions.

Finally I also found the dashboard of the application very important and useful, especially for users with little experience since it is very simple and intuitive to use. Through this dashboard we can configure everything related to our website simply by modifying the fields of the form.

What do you dislike?

-The creation of themes is very complicated, especially for users with little experience which in most cases should go to buy custom themes in the market, these themes are not cheap either.

-The same as with the themes occurs with plugins except they are even more expensive, and for the proper functioning of the site there are some themes that are almost essential as for example the SEO plugin...

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any administrator or user that uses Wordpress, I recommend that you check online before buying themes that you do not know if they are necessary because there are a lot of free themes on the network. I also recommend that you do the same with the plugins as there are some very useful free as the plugin to manage statistics or SEO.

Although I am also a programmer in this case I deal with the economic related so we decided to use Wordpress along with a well-known plugin that allowed us to manage this aspect, as administrator and manager of the plugin I am very happy because it has made my job much easier In comparison to what I did previously on a website designed without Wordpress, it saves me a lot of time and work...

WordPress.org review by Jordan J.
Jordan J.

"A solid web development platform with great customization capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like the open source nature of WordPress and the amount of people committed to developing the platform. It is constantly being updated for enhanced security and other improvements. Using the software on a basic level is generally simple. I like being able to upload a theme and activate it immediately. The structural design elements of a website can change right away with all of the images and other database content like text and URLs remaining the same.

What do you dislike?

WordPress is now a popular target for security threats and can be prone to spam comments and adware attacks that can significantly reduce the performance of our website. WordPress must leave various permissions open to allow for the use of plugins and other features, so there most likely will always be some level of threats using this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is probably not the easiest web content system to work with, but with a little bit of basic training through the WordPress.org or external resources, you should be able to get a solid web presence up and running very fast.

WordPress gives us an established structured website environment that we can use to build stable and dynamic websites. WordPress allows us to update information and features across many pages with just one click. It's a system that is easily portable. We can move it from one web hosting company to another, which is something we occasionally do to improve performance of certain websites and its particular content.

WordPress.org review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"The ideal platform to create any type of website."

What do you like best?

WordPress is an excellent company, I had a good experience using this platform. I like it is free, I can create any website that you want very easy and fast, I can modify it and adapt it to my liking, it also allows me to use free templates and paid templates, the platform is very good since without having so much knowledge about development web, I can design a professional page.

I also like that this company allows me to integrate MailChimp, so I can work with my email marketing provider, I feel more familiar with using this platform and I know I have better performance.

WordPress also allows me to create virtual stores using the WooCommerce Plugin, it works excellent and gives a completely professional design to my website.

What do you dislike?

WordPress has improved a lot in recent years, but still have things to improve, I do not like that when I install many plugins or upload many files on my website, the platform consumes resources and the site works but slow. They must improve the speed, since pages like eCommerce, they need to upload many files for each product, and when the store runs slowly, we lose customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using a high bandwidth hosting and a lot of storage space, since this platform must be installed in the hosting and if many visits are received on the website it may collapse and we may have problems.

This company has brought a lot of value to my company, I used a few months ago platforms like Shopify or BigCommerce to make a virtual store, I spent a lot of money between the cost of the monthly payment, plus the cost of each application, in each invoice they charged me a lot of money . With WordPress everything has changed, I have used the free platform with Premuim themes but with excellent applications and the result has been the same as I had with other platforms and saving me money in monthly expenses. This platform is excellent.

WordPress.org review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Wordpress has a great history and keeps on top of ever changing developments. It's easy to use and has great features that allow me to get my work done quickly. Very easy to install and get going with. To me it is a secure and trusted platform.

What do you dislike?

The biggest change was with a recent update to Gutenberg, this seemed to confuse a lot of people. But like anything, once you get used to it it all works out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research it's history and reviews. It is the perfect option for beginners, intermediate and advanced users . Plus it integrates well with leading page builders, themes and extra's making the whole process smooth.

For me personally it's easy to use and has access to some excellent benefits. I find it very beneficial for clients that don't have a lot of knowledge as it is easy to train people how to use it. I use it on all of the websites that I build for clients, in fact when potential clients are seeking quotes/information I am often asked if it will be using Wordpress. So, I feel the product gives people confidence.

WordPress.org review by Carliana R.
Carliana R.

"My favorite CMS to create websites quickly."

What do you like best?

I have used several CMS for the development of websites but I am sure that the best of all is wordpress for its simplicity and functionality.

We must make sure to download it directly from its official site wordpress.org and get its latest version. Its installation is very simple and fast alone it takes us a few minutes.

Its interface is very intuitive, it has a general menu that contains all the necessary options to configure our website, besides Wordpress has the support of millions of users worldwide, so there is a lot of information that helps us to move quickly .

One of the features that I like most about wordpress is that we can change the appearance of our site easily and quickly with the installation of different themes, we can also add different features to our website by installing the plugins we need. One of its great advantages is that there are thousands of themes and plugins for Wordpress that we can use in any of the websites that we develop with this great CMS.

What do you dislike?

Its source code is a bit complex to modify, we must have good knowledge and experience in programming to edit the source code of some files that the CMS has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is free, easy to download, install and use, it is a very complete CMS that allows the development of great websites quickly.

Wordpress is my first choice when creating websites, I have used it for a long time and it is getting better and better with its updates and I hope to continue using it for a lot longer.

WordPress.org review by Homero A.
Homero A.

"Design your website in just a few simple clicks, forget about programming."

What do you like best?

For my WordPress it is one of the best content managers I have used, it has a very intuitive and customizable online interface, it has excellent support and it is always in constant update, something I like very much is the ease with which I can upload post and information to my blog or website, you do not need any kind of experience to use it.

What do you dislike?

Although it is always in constant update, always WorPress websites are prone to be attacked by viruses or computer attacks, so you should always take precautions and configure it in the best way to keep your site safe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to website development, Wordpress is the right tool for you, it is easy to use and you do not need any experience.

Wordpress has been very helpful for me in my work since I have been able to carry out projects like blog and virtual stores in a short time, I always get excellent results in my developments.

WordPress.org review by Joe M.
Joe M.

"The best place to build your website"

What do you like best?

WordPress has the best website interface of all solutions on the market that falls within an affordable price range for companies and organizations of all shapes and sizes. It is easily editable and presents content in a very professional manner that allows organizations to grow with confidence.

What do you dislike?

Some edits are difficult to navigate and require a bit of coding knowledge to make happen. Otherwise, the majority of functions within WordPress can be easily self taught and navigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a high-value, easy-to-use product capable of doing more than basic web platforms, WordPress is the site for you. It will take your company's digital platform far beyond what other cost-effective sites can do and is incredibly customizable to suite your customer's needs.

WordPress is the hub of my company website and has never failed me before. It is very easy to navigate, edit, publish content and is incredibly customizable to fit our customer's needs and preferences.

WordPress.org review by Amal A.
Amal A.

"Personal Food Blog"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is the most easy website platform I have ever used. I have used to build my food blog. I love the many different themes and plugins available. The blog is in two different languages and it was so easy to do that with WordPress. I can customize the pages as I want. People can comment and send me emails, I also can create posts and add pictures in a simple way.

What do you dislike?

There are some challenges with adding advertising posts on the website. I have to be cautious about which plugins I download. I look for the most popular downloaded plugins with the highest ratings to make sure that I am choosing a good plugin. I also find it difficult to do a lot of changes to website, there is not a lot of room for creativity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need some help from someone who knows programming and codes to make your website perfect. Wordpress is an amazing web builder tool that's easy to use, integrates well with a multitude of products, and isn't hard to manage after initial setup.

It was easy for me to develop my own food blog and communicate with my followers. It helped me connect my other plat forms such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and make it easy to access.

WordPress.org review by Habid S.
Habid S.

"Größte CMS-Community"

What do you like best?

Der Anpassungsgrad dieses CMS hat keinen anderen. Mit Wordpress ist es möglich, jedes Element des Wordpress-Codes so zu ändern, dass wir als Endergebnis eine völlig andere Site haben, für die uns die Anwendung standardmäßig anzeigt.

Durch die Themes und Plugins ist es möglich, eine sehr leistungsfähige Webplattform zu erstellen, sowohl was die Software angeht, als auch visuell mit sehr professionellen Ergebnissen. Es ist auch möglich, die Bootstrap-Anwendung in Ihre Designs zu implementieren. Auf diese Weise können wir unsere Webseite mit vollständig ansprechendem Design erstellen und an alle Gerätetypen anpassen.

Wordpress kann auch als Blog verwendet werden. In der Tat ist ein Defekt nicht mehr als ein Content-Manager-Blog. Dank unserer Anpassungen können wir jedoch jede Art von Web erstellen. Als Blog können wir auch den Zeitpunkt bestimmen, zu dem die von uns erstellten Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.

What do you dislike?

Der einzige negative Aspekt, den ich gefunden habe, war die Lernkurve, um Plugins in Wordpress zu programmieren oder den Kernel zu modifizieren, obwohl es viele Informationen gibt, die meiner Meinung nach zu kompliziert sind, da sie diesen Teil der Anwendung entwickelt haben.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress ist das am häufigsten verwendete CMS der Welt. Die bekanntesten Websites verwenden diese Anwendung zum Verwalten ihrer Websites. Viele dieser großen Unternehmen unterstützen die Entwicklung von WordPress, indem sie mit Plugins beitragen. Wordpress ist ebenfalls kostenlos und kann ohne Lizenzierungskosten in Geschäftsumgebungen eingesetzt werden.

Dank WordPress kann ich mich auf den Programmierteil der Website konzentrieren und den Designteil oder eine andere Person verlassen, sodass bei der Arbeit mit WordPress eine Aufgabenverteilung durchgeführt werden kann, sodass ein Webprojekt viel schneller ausgeführt wird, wenn Sie im Gegensatz zu anderen zusammenarbeiten können Wenn wir eine Website von Grund auf erstellen, da Sie warten müssen, bis die Basis des Projekts erstellt ist.

WordPress.org review by Carl J.
Carl J.

"Creating a website has never been so easy."

What do you like best?

This platform is ideal for creating websites, especially blogs. I like that its interface is very interactive, it is very easy to use and it has all the tools with easy access. In addition this platform has an excellent application store where all the main tools to optimize my website even better.

I really like that this company is free, the use of the platform is free and I can get many professional templates totally free, this is ideal for the websites that are starting.

I also like that this platform is well known worldwide, this makes many companies adapt to this system and add more integrations every day. In addition, this company is very safe, it is very safe to pay for each template in stores. and most have "money back" in case I do not like a topic.

What do you dislike?

I really do not like that the files on this platform are large, they take up a lot of resources of my hosting, this makes my site sometimes a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you use a good hosting to install WordPress. Since this platform is installed in your hosting, so you must be prepared for when you receive many visits.

Create completely secure passwords since the security of the site depends on each person who installs WordPress.

Actually this company has been very helpful for my business, allowed me to create a website that integrates all the applications I use daily, helped me to optimize much more and improve the SEO of my Blog. Totally satisfied with this company.

WordPress.org review by George C.
George C.

"A good solution to create websites."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create any website on this platform, I just have to choose the template that I like the most and work best with my web page, then optimize it and integrate all the necessary resources so that it works 100%.

I like that I can integrate many known applications, most are compatible with WordPress.

This platform is free, this saves me a lot of money in recurring monthly payments that require other platforms such as Wix. It is also very easy to update the platform and upload posts every day, anyone with a basic knowledge of the internet can do it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it is a platform a little insecure, I am responsible 100% of the security of my website, there may be bad people who want to damage my site. That is why it is necessary to have 100% security.

I also do not like that this company makes constant updates, I know it's good to improve, but sometimes it's a bit annoying that you update and you get another notification that has another update available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company focuses its platform to create mainly Blogs, has more templates to create other sites but the performance is not the same.

They must have a hosting that works well to install the WordPress there and manage your site in a correct way.

This platform has helped me a lot to organize my time, I have published under a constant schedule, it also allows me to integrate images and videos easily into my posts, this is a great advantage because I do not have to write HTML conglomerate tags, I simply insert multimedia file and then upload the file I want.

WordPress.org review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"Best software for content management system available"

What do you like best?

What I love about Wordpress is that it features everything you need to build a website, even if you're not a programmer or a graphic designer! It's really easy to understand, and robust, with many options available to customize your website as you wish or to keep it very simple if you just want a website built in no time, just install and change some settings in a Wordpress theme (they have several available) and you're ready to go.

What do you dislike?

In terms of having multi-lingual websites, Wordpress is a bit more complicated. You need to have several sites linked to a multi-site program which sometimes makes it troublesome to go from one site to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trust me, take the time to learn how to use all the features.

I use Wordpress as my favorite content management system. I used it to build my own personal website and so far I have never experienced any trouble with it. Updating the website has always been easy and it has allowed me to customize every aspect of my website just the way I needed and wanted. Its integration with third-party apps ensures that even when I want something I can't find on WordPress, there's an add-on that can help me with that. I haven't used any of their templates but I think they look very professional and attractive to be a free resource. It also updates very fast and without any trouble for you, they notify you in the dashboard that an update is available and with just one click a few minutes, you're done!

WordPress.org review by Holly R.
Holly R.

"Stick with it"

What do you like best?

I started using Wordpress in 2011 for blogging. I upgraded several times and went through the learning curve again. I'm so glad I stuck with Wordpress. I tried several different programs and never got the look I was going for. Bottom line, Wordpress.org is the best product on the market for blogging, selling, and websites in my opinion. There is literally a plug-in for everything you could dream of. I'm now running multiple websites on Worpress.org, I buy premium themes and love what I can create in very little time. As I stated before, there is a learning curve but so worth the time.

What do you dislike?

I get lost looking at plug-ins which is a major time-suck but I always find something. In short, too much to choose from and try if that can even be considered a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you wrap your head around the Wordpress concept, it's great. Take the time and learn all it can do.

Integration with my email subscription, starting a store front and selling direct, and giving a place for all updates in my business world so my customers always know what's happening.

WordPress.org review by Francis R.
Francis R.

"El mejor y mas popular CMS "

What do you like best?

El grado de personalización que tiene este CMS no tiene otro, con Wordpress es posible modificar cualquier elemento del código de wordpress para que podamos tener como resultado final un sitio completamente diferente al que la aplicación nos muestra de forma predeterminada.

A través de los temas y los complementos es posible crear una plataforma web muy poderosa en lo que respecta al software y visualmente con acabados muy profesionales. También es posible implementar la aplicación bootstrap en sus temas y de esta manera podremos crear nuestra página web con un diseño totalmente sensible y adaptable a todo tipo de dispositivos.

Wordpress también se puede utilizar como blog, de hecho, por defectos no es más que un administrador de contenido, pero gracias a nuestras personalizaciones podemos crear cualquier tipo de web. Como Blog, también podemos determinar el momento en que se publican las publicaciones que creamos.

What do you dislike?

El único aspecto negativo que encontré fue la curva de aprendizaje para programar complementos en Wordpress o para la modificación del Kernel, aunque hay mucha información, creo que es demasiado complicada ya que desarrollaron esta parte de la aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress es el CMS más utilizado en el mundo; los sitios web más famosos utilizan esta aplicación para administrar sus sitios web; muchas de estas grandes empresas ayudan al desarrollo de wordpress al contribuir con complementos. Wordpress también es gratuito y es posible utilizarlo en entornos empresariales sin costos de licencia.

Gracias a wordpress puedo concentrarme en la parte de programación del sitio web y dejar la parte de diseño u otra persona para que sea posible realizar una distribución de tareas cuando se trabaja en wordpress para que un proyecto web se haga mucho más rápido cuando pueden trabajar juntos, a diferencia de cuando creamos un sitio web desde cero, ya que tiene que esperar hasta que se cree la base del proyecto.

WordPress.org review by Fernanda Cristina Oliveira A.
Fernanda Cristina Oliveira A.

"the best free website creator"

What do you like best?

the biggest manager and created web sites, create several projects as freelance using wordpress, and our this platform is phenomenal, easy to use, practical to manage all contents, well optimized and complete with several plugins available with the ability to integrate with other forms of products, whether to create all type and model of sites

What do you dislike?

I think I should have better support, because today the wordpress network always needs security modules and there are always loopholes and loopholes

Recommendations to others considering the product

more than in the right direction, it is the only one today in its follow up to have all possibilities that it realizes for creation of sites, system, stores with all facility quickly, is not so safe more to be walked to becomes the most important in the creation, management of websites

we use wordpress today in 70% of our website designs, and this has saved us a lot of work, made it easier, faster and had better satisfaction with customers in various segments like stores, using woocommerce, custom layout and more

WordPress.org review by William D.
William D.

"Easy to use and personalize"

What do you like best?

What I like about wordpress is that it doesn't matter if you are a beginner with no knowledge about programming or if you are a professional developer because its graphical work interface is so simple and intuitive that anyone can master it and get excellent results.It has a wide range of templates and plugins both free and paid that allow you to customize your website with just a few simple steps without the need to know complicated programming languages because its multiple widgets allow you to place the content you want just where you need it, you can also see the edition in real time which helps save time when updating the website.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Wordpress is that it requires frequent manual updating, and if you don't notice this can cause compatibility errors with the plugins you have installed in the theme. Also, if the theme you choose does not have good optimization could cause slowdowns in the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a person with little programming knowledge wordpres will offer an easy environment to learn how to use it. On the other hand, if you are a person with advanced knowledge, wordpress opens a wide range of possibilities for both programming and creating new things from the tools that it offers you.

When working with marketing projects the promotion pages of our customers need to be optimized and updated because otherwise this could affect the performance of the campaigns they perform, thanks to wordpress we can carry out these tasks dynamically executing the adjustments instantly.

WordPress.org review by Alicia N.
Alicia N.

"WordPress self-hosted is fantastic for those who know what they're doing"

What do you like best?

The customization is really unparalleled, except perhaps by those who can code their own website from the ground up. I can tweak code, but can't do anything from scratch. However, with WordPress, I can choose a tweakable theme that has a layout that I can customize to what I want and change easily. And then I can add so many plugins that are SO easy to use, all to create the ideal website without paying anything.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest thing especially if you're not experienced at least a little bit. You have to know what you want and know how to create it with the tools provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best free option for designing your own website. Even if you aren't familiar with website design or plugins right away, it's not too difficult to learn from tutorials.

I'm solving the problem of money, and paying for a pre-designed site that doesn't look like what I want.

WordPress.org review by Gustavo A M.
Gustavo A M.

"An easily accessible platform for easy creation of web applications"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is an excellent system with which I can create excellent applications and web pages through templates, it has very complete options with which I can configure almost all the elements of a web, it can also be customized through its source code, something I like is that I can add many functions and security through add-ons.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the add-ons and the template can be very slow which is very bad to navigate between pages, Wordpress is also very prone to be attacked by computer viruses so I always need to have it updated and antivirus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very used online platform with excellent support to develop applications and the best of all is that it is free.

It has allowed me to create many pages of quality and excellent functions in a short time of development, it is also very easy to manage them through its back-end.

WordPress.org review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"WordPress is the CMS for every Web Designer and Developer"

What do you like best?

I like that WordPress offers robust SEO and fast loading speeds. I like that each site is self-hosted through a third-party hosting service so I can have full control and ownership of my websites. This is important, because if theoretically a server were to go down, all of the data could be wiped out. Another favorite feature is the ability to back up a WordPress website. This gives me a sense of security knowing that I always have the recent files of my site just in case.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that WordPress has a steep learning curve. In addition to installing frameworks and child themes, basic PHP, CSS, and plug-in knowledge are required in order to get a website up and going. I would highly recommend taking courses on Team Treehouse and Skillshare while learning how to design WordPress sites. Theme development is an entire beast altogether, and it just takes time to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest using WordPress.org and using Genesis Framework and third-party child theme that can be purchased by individual sellers who offer theme support. WordPress.org is not to be confused with WordPress.com, because those are two different products. WordPress.org is preferred because it is a self-hosted CMS platform.

WordPress.org helps me to give the best solution to clients who need a website. Site builders like Squarespace, WIX, and Weebly just don't compare to WordPress.org.

WordPress.org review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"The best open source application to create websites"

What do you like best?

In my experience, the best thing about this application is that it allows me to create many different websites by reusing the Wordpress kernel of my previous projects, which saves a lot of programming time. In addition the Wordpress theme system allows us to separate the part oriented to the visualization of the website from the internal functioning, thanks to this we can use a theme created for a specific site in any other site based on Wordpress.

Another thing that makes Wordpress so popular is its security system and updates, although the Wordpress kernel is very safe, new bugs are discovered every day so it is important that the site can be updated in the future. Even better is that the system provides an updater that the client can use with just one click to update his site.

It also offers facilities in the management of the website for customers who do not understand programming and is that through the dashboard of the application it is possible to configure and make changes to the site through the menus.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress is an application that requires advanced knowledge for the creation of themes and plugins so some people should go to the marketplace of themes or plugins to get these applications according to the needs, the problem is that prices are very high, especially those themes can cost a lot of money, so I think that the Wordpress team should improve the themes included by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the latest version available of Wordpress, this is very important not just because you are getting the latest features but also because every update contain fixes for security bugs and since Wordpress is very popular you can be affected if you do not solve it quickly using the updater.

As a web programmer, using Wordpress as the base application to create the projects that I'm in charge of offers many advantages because with every job I do I can reuse it in the future, which saves me a lot of time working. It is also very useful to use Wordpress because it offers a very useful dashboard for the end user so that you can manage your website in a simple way.

WordPress.org review by Adrian K.
Adrian K.

"Wordpress, the most used CMS on the internet"

What do you like best?

The best Wordpress offers is its ability to create websites and blogs completely free of charge. It is also very popular so we can find all kinds of information, plugins and themes on the internet.

Wordpress (WP) It is a web content manager that allows the construction of any type of website, by using WP it is possible to make changes in its source code to adapt it to whatever we need for our website. These changes are made through the themes that can be found online or creating your own, with the themes mainly we made changes in the visual part, such as colors, fonts and images.

It is also possible to make other changes focused on features or services of the website as administration, this is done through plugins, which like the themes are installed in a very simple, we simply send the .zip file in the corresponding form within our WP dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Although Wordpress seems to me one of the best open source tools I think that the theme that it incorporates by default is very basic and useless for people with little knowledge or using Wordpress for the first time, they should add some more updated default themes that can be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Wordpress for any programmer looking for a stable and powerful CMS to carry out their projects for many years and be able to offer support for their clients because WP is constantly updated and its plugins and themes continue to work independently of the version of the application. It is also free so it saves a lot of money from the developer and the client.

I've been using Wordpress for many years and it is a tool that makes my work much easier because I build my websites based on tools that I already know such as themes and plugins. I have also developed plugins that help me to do my work so I save a lot of time because i am able to reuse the code in different projects.

WordPress.org review by Kiera S.
Kiera S.

"WordPress is one of the many great FREE website blog sites"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create an account and start your own website! You can write, share, and post about anything. There are no hidden fees, no "free" trials, nothing stopping you from simply creating your website.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes maneuvering edits on your page can be a bit difficult and time-consuming. Although everything is essentially free, it takes some time setting everything up. However, I may just be inexperienced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out of all the free websites I created my own personal websites with, WordPress is by far the best I've come across. No hidden fees. No trials. Everything you need in one place to start your website. I highly recommend!

I have displayed posts that share my creative ideas with friends, colleagues, teachers, and future bosses, etc. I have realized that it is a great place to demonstrate your strengths (depending on what career field you are in--in my case, filmmaking and creative writing).

WordPress.org review by Christi B.
Christi B.

"WordPress.og is Indispensible for Me as a Web Designer"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ability to customize my websites to exactly what my clients need through different themes, plugins, and WordPress tools. I love that they are constantly making improvements to it, and frequently roll out new updates so that the security will be as effective as it can be. As a former "coder" the ability to depend on WordPress for efficiency but also be able to code when I need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the recent mandatory change to Gutenberg with "blocks" because, as a coder, I like to be able to tweak the code if I need to and had really gotten comfortable with the ability to do that before Gutenberg. Also, it is really, really important to keep things updated because for WordPress.org users, hacking is a problem that you need to be aware of and have extra security in place to ward off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! There is a bit of a learning curve with all the features that it offers, but it is so worth digging in and really learning how it works. It will increase the efficiency with which you are able to design and customize your websites immensely.

Lots! I am able to completely customize each website I build through the ability to choose different themes and plugins. If I need a slideshow, I add a plugin or use a theme that accommodates that. If I need to organize my pages or categorize my posts, it easily accommodates that. If I need a newsletter sign-up to pop-up on the home page, there is a plugin for that. If I need a content manager for multiple galleries, there is a plugin for that. I can incorporate a shopping cart with relative ease. There are just so many things I can do to improve the usability of each individual website with maximum efficiency.

WordPress.org review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"The perfect place to create a Blog"

What do you like best?

WordPress is the ideal site to create your own blog, to share news, I love that it has an intuitive interface, it has many templates that give a totally professional look to any blog. There is a lot of design variety where I can adapt it to all the needs, I can also integrate the main sales channels or any application that I need for the operation of my website. I can also easily manage all of my entire website without much experience, as well as filter my readers' comments to avoid spam.

What do you dislike?

This software has many advantages but also has some disadvantages, one of them is that we have in charge all the security of our site, we must take care of any person who has bad intention and can damage our site, another thing that I do not like is that this platform is designed mainly to make blogs, when you try to make a site like eCommerce, the configurations that apply are designed for a blog, it does not give you many features as other platforms give you, it is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations is that they choose templates that adapt to what they need, they must take into account that this platform is mainly designed to make blogs, if they look for a platform to make another type of web it is better to look for another tool. Also that they must complement the templates with all the necessary Plugins to further optimize your website, since not all the themes bring all the necessary tools.

WordPress has solved many of my problems, it has really helped me to manage my time, since with the automatic publication function I can make all the posts in a single day and schedule them so that the days that I want can be published at the time I want. , and use tools in social networks to publish to my audience that a new blog post has been published. It is a wonder this tool.

WordPress.org review by Leslie L.
Leslie L.

"WordPress User Since 2005 and I Still Really Like It"

What do you like best?

I love that this open source software has allowed me to blog since 2005 when I didn't know a thing about coding. It has a sensible interface and is easy to use and makes websites that look great.

I have since become very well versed in front end coding and find that very useful when attempting to customize WordPress, but it is still very good right out of the box with the right pre-built theme.

I also love that there are plugins and premium themes to make my sites look even better.

I like WordPress so much I have been attending a WordPress Meetup for over a year.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, this whole Gutenberg change leaves me feeling unsure about how my 8 websites will fare in future changes. I know that it is not mandatory to use Gutenberg right now, but in the future it will be and I am still working on correcting the loss of images from the massive update we got a few months ago.

I also prefer to code in JavaScript rather than php. On real coding sites they don't even count being a WordPress Developer a thing and php is considered an archaic language.

Finally, when you mix the core WordPress codex with whatever the heck you get from some of the plugin developers (sometimes making your coding and hierarchies very messy) the site can become a bit of a mess, even if you uninstall the plugin.

The partials can become very complicated when you are trying to do a custom fix and you are not sure where a block of code is coming from.

Also, some of the builders can make this complicated as well. (I"m looking at you Divi.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out before you pay for a service like Wix or SquareSpace. It may be all you need. And you may like Gutenberg... It is meant to simplify things for new users.

Marketing through content creation. building my list by getting traffic to my site.

For all of my complaints, it is still the best option out there.

WordPress.org review by Illakiya V.
Illakiya V.

"GOOD BLOGGING EXPERIENCE"

What do you like best?

It is rather easy to set up their blog and use for someone that has just begun their journey with blogging. Another thing that I like a lot is that I can pull up my site stats to understand the traffic on my site and which site the traffic is coming from (facebook, instagram, etc)

What do you dislike?

The basic features are available for a decent price, but when you want a better experience and are not as frequent a blogger, it costs you a lot more. I use bluehost for hosting services it costs me around 100 dollars a year for basic features.

I have written blog posts for my own site as well as blogs as a content creator for other organisations. The reader community for my site has been able to frequently leave me comments, reviews and email me and I am able to contact them back with ease.

WordPress.org review by Rachael W.
Rachael W.

"I've only ever used Wordpress for sites"

What do you like best?

I "grew up" using Wordpress, effectively, so it's really natural for me. I always learn something new, and Wordpress Q&A is pretty good: I can usually find someone to answer my questions about themes or issues I am having! I design all my own stuff, so often I find myself stuck on a theme-related issue or design question. Wordpress team members are happy to help, at least when you have a premium account!

What do you dislike?

I realize that Wordpress.org is for developers, and Wordpress.com is for the rest of us, but I use both and regularly get them mixed up. I have a different login for .org because I share a blog with a colleague. It's pretty confusing. I wish we could all just exist on the same platform!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always go Wordpress over other site-building sites!

I need a way to design and host my sites, and Wordpress does all of that. It's been great to package the domain name with the actual site, instead of having to go to GoDaddy or something.

WordPress.org review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"Wordpress is amazing but can be a headache"

What do you like best?

I love how you can really customize Wordpress and look through so many different templates and themes to match your needs! I love how you can have a blog on the website but also choose not to have a blog. You won't ever know that a website is built by Wordpress because these templates are getting better and better.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is to hack into Wordpress websites. We had issues in the past with hackers, so we had to pay for extra security. There was one time where the website would open up inappropriate websites. That was on our church website. That was very scary. So someone who is going into this for the first time should get a good host for their website. We use Siteground. They are really helpful in helping us with issues right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good firewall and security! We use Sucuri. It's annoying having to pay for it but the peaceful mindset makes it so worth it!

We use Wordpress for our video business and our church. It's all universal so if you learn one website, you can learn the others!

WordPress.org review by Fabiano M.
Fabiano M.

"Wordpress, easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

It is an application to manage websites very powerful and capable of creating any type of website both static content and websites with dynamic applications that make use of databases and connections to social networks.

One of the best features of Wordpress is its ability to be customized, both in its visual aspect (theme) and in its functional aspect (through plugins) and also all this is possible to manage it through the wordpress dashboard itself.

With Wordpress it is also possible to create websites with support for several languages and all this simply by using a plugin that implements the change of language through the web making use of the flag of the country to which you want to translate the content.

What do you dislike?

Developing plugins for Wordpress is not easy at the beginning since it is necessary to know the core of the application and the operation of each file in order to correctly implement a plugin, if done incorrectly you can cause security failures or break the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Wordpress for all kinds of websites especially for those who need extra security since the application is constantly updated and adds new measures that improve this aspect. In addition Wordpress is completely free so it is ideal for business that do not want to pay extra licenses.

I use Wordpress both for my websites and those of my clients and future projects since although all the sites are different they always share a common base that is Wordpress, in doing this it is easier to create the sites because the only thing that needs to be done Once the base is created, it is customized to the client's request, which saves a lot of work time.

WordPress.org review by Lily P.
Lily P.

"Love the Flexibility and Customization of WordPress"

What do you like best?

I have used WordPress over the years and through many iterations of the product. I so enjoy the more recent updates to WordPress. I currently develop websites for many of my clients on WordPress with the addition of Elementor. I enjoy the ease-of-use for less tech-savvy clients as I feel like the straight-forward user interface allows everyone to keep their content up-to-date.

What do you dislike?

At times the back end editor can be a little slow, although this is a small issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not a webmaster, consider sitting down with some of their resources to educate yourself a little. There are so many videos and how-to guides for WordPress. That is what has made it so enjoyable for me to use and learn. But, if you are looking for a Wix type drag-and-drop service, this is not what WP offers. I've had a few friends think that the user experience is similar and it definitely more involved. Luckily, more involved means more options overall.

For my main client, we use WordPress for many different aspects of our business. Blogging, collecting contact information, newsletter signups, referrals, just to name a few. We also use it to provide materials and resources for our customers.

WordPress.org review by Miguel A G.
Miguel A G.

"Control and customize your websites easily"

What do you like best?

It is a free web platform, it allows me to create applications and websites that are quite good and dynamic, one of the best advantages would be that it has a large market of topics to choose and work, in addition, you can add features through add-ons, another advantage Important is that it is totally customizable.

What do you dislike?

I have found some templates that are difficult to install, just like add-ons, another disadvantage of wordpress is that it is very prone to computer attacks, either by SQL injection or by sending unwanted emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an equal content manager to keep your pages updated, in addition, if you have the right knowledge, you can create your own themes and add-ons.

It is a great tool with which I have been able to develop a couple of web pages, it is very adaptable and customizable, besides the themes and add-ons are of great help since they save me a lot of programming time.

WordPress.org review by Daniel E M.
Daniel E M.

"Create your business online easily and fast"

What do you like best?

It is an easy software to install, and most of today's hosting comes with the option of being able to use WordPress, I can say that it is easy to configure, you only need a theme and I can customize it to my liking with few clicks, another feature very Good WordPress is that most of the themes are adaptable to all devices from mobile phones to desktop computers.

What do you dislike?

Something that I have noticed when using WordPress is that it becomes slow to handle a lot of content, and that the topics can become slow if they are not configured properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software can be easily adapted, having a little knowledge of web programming, I recommend it because it is inexpensive and because it can create pages in a short time.

In my work, we use WordPress because it allows us to create incredible virtual stores, which can be easily managed, it is not necessary to have advanced knowledge in programming to add functionality to the web, since there are add-ons for everything you need can become a Very secure web platform if you know how to do it.

WordPress.org review by Estella S.
Estella S.

"Easy and powerful content manager"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is the most popular content manager in the world so the documentation available on the Internet is very broad and it is possible to create all kinds of websites and applications using this powerful CMS as a basis.

Something very useful for this CMS is the possibility of creating multilingual websites where the user must only select the language of the application by clicking on the desired language from the website. In addition there is a huge amount of themes and plugins created for Wordpress (the majority of payment) that can help us solve all kinds of problems that arise for our website.

Wordpress also supports the multiple management of the website through its dashboard, in this dashboard, as administrator we can create different user accounts for the people who will help us manage the site, assigning each one different permissions according to their role in the management .

What do you dislike?

Learning to program for Wordpress is not easy for newbies, although there is a lot of documentation in the network, being an expert in Wordpress requires time, dedication and a lot of trial and error, in summary the learning curve is high due to the great amount of things what can be done in this CMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to build a large project and you are looking for a robust and safe base, I recommend using Wordpress, with this CMS you will have the most complicated part of your work solved, besides that you will get a project capable of being updated with Wordpress itself.

Whenever I start a project I use Wordpress as a base since I have customized the application so that it adapts to my way of working, so that I am able to build a website from scratch in a very short time and then program a customized theme about it. if necessary, also a plugin to perform more advanced tasks required by the client.

WordPress.org review by Aristides S.
Aristides S.

"WordPress - Good platform for small businesses online"

What do you like best?

It is an SEO friendly platform, meaning that the coding used enables you to customize the components of pages that you want to rank higher in search engines.

Setting up a website is a matter of a few minutes as almost everything is automated: there are even many web hosting services that integrate Wordpress and it is as simple as ticking a checkbox to get started in those cases.

What do you dislike?

It is practically inevitable that one update will eventually break some functionality in the website which brings confusion, especially to the novice.

One drawback that's to do with the plugin library is the fact that it may be hard to find the appropriate plugin for some specific purposes and the desired features are sometimes available only to paid users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you use WordPress? I say YES. There are security plugins or services you can use to protect your business/site from hackers.

I have used Wordpress quite a few times, both for my personal use and for helping others set up their website. I have found this software to be exactly what I needed.

WordPress.org review by Williams J.
Williams J.

"My favorite CMS to create websites.!"

What do you like best?

Wordpress stands out from other CMS because it is simple and offers us many possibilities.

It downloads and installs easily, it only takes 5 minutes, its interface is very intuitive, the features in the main menu we can find all the configuration options and we can easily start creating entries, pages, categories and more.

The multimedia file manager is great, we can upload files of all kinds for our website and use them in any page or entry we create.

Another thing I like very much is that we change the appearance of our website very easily, we simply have to download and install a new theme and make the settings that we have a website with a completely different design, we can also install different plugins that help us improve the functioning of our sites

Wordpress has a lot of information that allows us to find an easy way on the official website or on other internet pages or blogs and this facilitates the learning and use of this CMS.

What do you dislike?

To make more complex websites we will probably have to install premium themes and pay for them, because making a totally customized design can be a bit difficult if we do not have knowledge in programming and editing the wordpress code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually this CMS is one of the best I have used for several reasons, it is very complete, easy to install and use, it also has a lot of documentation on the web that helps us to start.

Wordpress is one of the most complete CMS that I have used, it allows the creation of great websites in a short time and it is for this reason that I use it constantly.

WordPress.org review by John C.
John C.

"Wordpress for everything"

What do you like best?

The best of Wordpress is in its administration and management panel of the website and the ease it provides the user to manage the site, this is especially useful for those who do not have advanced programming knowledge and need a simple interface to help them to manage your site.

Programmers also make life very easy for us because we can focus on the creation of the site and not on the management, so once we finish the work we can give the client a functional web and that can manage it with a very simple learning curve. .

Programming for wordpress is also very easy since there are many online guides and a lot of documentation on the wordpress site that help us create our customized themes and plugins according to our needs.

What do you dislike?

What I did not like about Wordpress is that the variety of themes offered by default is very low, we only have 3 that are not very aesthetically beautiful, which forces us to create one from scratch, find a free one or buy it on the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a web programmer I recommend that you try to develop your projects through wordpress, a powerful and free CMS that will simplify your work once you learn to use it, although the learning curve may be somewhat high at the beginning, it is worth it since the Code is very reusable in future projects. Wordpress has a lot of documentation, plugins and themes available on the internet so it will not be a problem to learn with this CMS.

As a programmer, using Wordpress helps me to make my work much easier since it gives me a base on which to create the project, besides this base is very safe and used by a large number of sites on the internet, so the documentation on this is very wide

WordPress.org review by Sebastian Fatum .
Sebastian Fatum .

"Perfect for building websites, with a minimum of coding needed"

What do you like best?

I like that WordPress allows people to build and administrate websites without having to spend a huge amount of hours learning html coding e.g. It is easy to implement a theme and build/administrate simple websites with WordPress. The options are endless, because of all the different themes that are possible to implement together with all the plug-ins available.

What do you dislike?

With some themes, there will be challenges in building the exact website wanted. Sometimes we have been feeling like hitting a dead end, when it comes to customizing our website. The customizing tools can be made even better, but I know that this is also something that the different theme makers can influence a lot on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what kind of website you want to build. Do you have a very specific idea of how you website should look, then WordPress is probably not for you, as it can be sometimes hard and very time consuming to twist the small details the way you like it without using any coding. Are you more flexible, then WordPress can be perfect for, as it is easy to get started with and the options are endless.

We have been able to build a simple website for our customers to find the necessary information (text) and to be able to sign up to our school online. We use the formular tool a lot, because this way we can help our customers to sign up and we can view all of the details we requested from them.

WordPress.org review by David S.
David S.

"Very easy for creating a complete website withinn a seconds."

What do you like best?

WordPress comes with variety of plugins which will help you to build your website very fast. There are more than 50K plugins which can make your life easy. Plugins are very different and you can make your desired functionaliy by installing 1-2 plugins.

What do you dislike?

Once you install the WordPress you also need to setup some Page Builder plugin as the default one is very poor and you will not be able to desing your desired web page. Also it would be perfect to have some kind of antivirus so it will block the plugins which are stealing the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have some little knowledge related to Website development then the WordPress can be a good choice. It is open source free platform which has all the functionality which will be needed for complete website creation.

WordPress is our main tool for building our business Website.

WordPress.org review by Candace R.
Candace R.

"Word-profess"

What do you like best?

It is an awesome tool for website and blogging content. Often overlooked as cheap this is actually very usefl to avoid having to code or otherwise manually build a website

What do you dislike?

It does have to update the core platform frequently but that doesn't effect your content as long as you are updating regularly when needed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to invest in a good wordpress template that you really like. There are lots of good one se out there. If you want a custom template then be sure to get a certified worpdress designer for that.

This is the platform I use for my website and the website of my clients who are in the industry as well. Its great because its fully modular and can be easily updated and is also easy access for the clients who want to run their own blogs off their websites as well.

WordPress.org review by Bethany G.
Bethany G.

"Easy to Use & Endless Customization Options"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is a fantastic choice for creating websites because it's easy to update and change, and yet there are so many customization options. The agency I work with only uses Wordpress for its website because of the ease of use for our team and for clients. There are also tons of widgets, plugins and templates available to help you if you're at a beginner level. Definitely enjoy working with Wordpress. I also use it personally to manage my own blog.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new editor very much, but they're offering an option to stick with the old editor. At times the layout can be confusing and make it more difficult to find what I'm looking for.

We use Wordpress as the basis for our clients websites, and the greatest benefit has been training clients to be able to use the product so they do not have to rely on us to make simple updates. I've also enjoyed being able to use it for my personal blog and to capitalize on its many features to share my writing.

WordPress.org review by Marines S.
Marines S.

"my experience with wordpress "

What do you like best?

Wordpress is a program to design very simple and intuitive web pages you do not need to know PHP programming because everything is designed so that you can do it yourself, since it has a large number of templates that allow you to customize your website, which makes that looks like a professional site.

Other positive elements in Wordpress is that it is very easy to upload to any web hosting service and also migrate from one hosting to another. It is important to emphasize the price-value relationship, the price of wordpress is really low with respect to the large quantity and quality of element to design a web page.

In addition to giving you the possibility to create an excellent blog.

What do you dislike?

The same fact that it is designed on templates could limit some preferences you have, however it is valid to say that it has a significant number of templates that try to minimize the problem of personalization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of WordPress

The main problem is that we are changing the web page of our company and we are doing it with WordPress, which does not seem to be more dynamic and more avant-garde.

WordPress.org review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Best Content Management System for professional journalism and corporate websites"

What do you like best?

WordPress is the best Open source content management software with a lot of advantages over competitors. WordPress has provided so many values.

With drag and drop page builders plugins like siteorigin, wpbakery and many others, it's easier to build first class web pages that looks professional like a hand coded pages.

With WordPress 5.3, you can use blocks to design any landing page without having to code a single code.

Easy to setup eCommerce websites in minutes with the help of woocommerce plugin

What do you dislike?

The security of WordPress is not as secured as 100%. Users have to take their own precautions measures in order to protect their websites from hackers.

Hacking scripts and codes are been stored on plugins and themes in order to hack sensitive information from users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best CMS go ahead and try

Designing top Notch Websites for business owners, corporate organizations, eCommerce with the use of woocommerce and managing content without having to edit raw codes.,

Learning about WordPress.org?

* We monitor all WordPress.org reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.