What do you like best?
* It can be a lot faster to build a website with Wordpress than from scratch with HTML & CSS
* You can still edit the HTML & CSS in sections of the website to make some custom changes to the template you're using.
* There is the possibility of building your own custom template when proficient enough
* The CMS makes it simpler, easier, and faster to upload and organize content
* There is a lot of capacity for modification of Wordpress and Wordpress Themes.
* CMS in general can make it easier for a client to make updates or changes after a site is finished so they don't have to call you for updates and changes quite as often.
* Wordpress sites can be installed on hosting from a variety of hosts, not just Wordpress (eg: It can be installed on hosting sites like GoDaddy)
* It can be used for a wide variety of websites, not just blogs and a blog does not have to be part of your site (just fyi since Wordpress was first widely known for blogs)
*Extensions can be installed easily to add more features to your site.
What do you dislike?
If you change your WordPress Theme, settings, content, and tracking would have to be re-installed. That sounds inconvenient at best.
Recommendations to others considering the product
You don't have to just use Wordpress for blogs, just fyi. It can be used for a variety of websites that do not have a blog at all. I don't think it has a lot of capabilities for things like e-commerce, though, so for an e-commerce site, you might want to do some research on all your options for the type of business you're going to run. Pricing can depend on a lot of external factors like where you're buying your hosting and domain, etc.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
It's faster to build a website with Wordpress than code a website by hand from scratch using just HTML and CSS. I re-built my graphic design portfolio site with WordPress to replace my old one I made a long time ago in college with just HTML & CSS. I used a fairly basic template. Eventually I'd like to make a more advanced custom Wordpress Template, but even with just the basic template, it was fast, easy, and simple to make my site look clean, organized, and professional.