First and foremost, their customer service is top notch. The staff has gone above and beyond during each interaction i've had with their success and support teams (looking at you Erin). They are invested in your success beyond just being a paying customer, which is a rare find in the software market. Secondly, and almost as important to me is their aggressive new feature release schedule. Monday.com is constantly bringing us new features but beyond that, they are features that are driven by the community it serves. Furthermore, they provide informative new release emails and webinars so you can start taking advantage of the enhanced functionality, quickly! You know what's better than a well designed new feature? A well designed and well explained new feature that I can start using right away if it suits my needs.
The software itself is well designed and perfect for people like myself who are visually motivated. It has all the features you'd expect from a robust project management platform and more! I've tried almost all of the other softwares listed as competitors to Monday.com (Asana, Trello, Smartsheet...) and while they all do some things really well, I was using a combination of 3 or so at a time to accomplish everything I needed. There was a huge sigh of relief when I found Monday.com. Feature full and visually appealing is what I needed in a project management / time tracking / task planning tool and that's exactly what I have now. However if you do like a best-in-breed approach, they make it easy to integrate your other tools. I still use Todoist with a Zapier integration to Monday.com.
Like almost everyone else in the tech/software industry I use a myriad of different applications, mostly selected and provided by our employers. I've been equipped with a full suite of productivity options which are good and "industry standard" (and free for me to use), but I've chosen to pay out of pocket to use Monday.com. Why? 1) The visual aspect motivates me to get things done. 2) I trust that every piece of info I add will not be lost, it stays neatly tied to projects in one place, no matter what format. 3) Customizability! I can use Monday.com the way I want to use it and I can self-serve configuring the application for my needs.
Just try it, you won't be disappointed.
1. Information management - keeping all related data in one neat spot so i'm not clicking 2-3 different apps to find all the info I need.
2. Project task tracking - ability to track tasks and stay on top of outstanding work, at a glance.
3. Scoping project timelines - planning task time to stay on track with project deadlines
4. Productivity - using Monday.com has increased my productivity and improved my time management skills.
5. Work logging - We can't get away from work logs in apps like JIRA and OpenAir but Monday.com has made it easier to keep track of what i'm spending my time on. The quality of my logging has improved and I can justify my time as being allocated to revenue generating activities because i'm tracking them as such.