Frame.io Reviews & Product Details

Frame.io Overview

What is Frame.io?

Video review and collaboration, solved. Privately upload, review, and share video with your entire team, anywhere in the world. Instead of endless email threads, Frame.io provides time-stamped comments and on-screen annotations that import directly into your editing software. Deeply integrated with your creative tools, and with an Apple-Design-Award-winning iPhone app, Frame.io provides workflows that video teams actually love. More than 400,000 pros already collaborate with Frame.io.

Frame.io Details

Privately upload, review, and share media with your entire team, anywhere in the world.

Frame.io
2014
New York, NY
@Frame_io

Frame.io Reviews

Showing 29 Frame.io reviews
Already have Frame.io?
What do you like best?

Great user interface and fast uploads/downloads are a big plus.

Integrations with editing software like Premiere work great.

Its very easy for clients to view drafts and comment. Speeds up the whole review process.

Its also a great place to store final edits for archival purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A feature for clients to be able to scribble/highlight draft and revision notes onto videos should be included in a future update to bring it in line with competitor offerings.

The price is decent but could be slightly lower.

A stronger desktop app would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely a great choice if you need a client review platform/file storage option for video production projects. Ftrack would be one other to consider as it may have some features more applicable to your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quicker and clearer client feedback

great cloud platform for storing final versions of edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It provides a fairly simple to use work environment, highlighting its ease of navigation throughout the system, it also provides a multiplatform system which allows using this tool on both mobile and desktop devices, another point in its favor is the fact that it allows me to share screens with other users that are connected to the same network, which is perfect for me to resolve conflicts within my organization, since I can tell users to share their screens and show them first hand the errors they have or the queries they want to make to the IT department, in this way I can optimize time, by not making someone from the IT department go to another department to solve any problem when their presence is not essential to solve the situation, thus allowing him to take care of other problems that require his attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not provide value metrics that help me determine the effectiveness of the activities carried out during the use of the system within the organization, also at the beginning the resolution does not adjust to the appropriate one, but it starts with low resolution, already As the internet connection stabilized, the quality of the resolution adjusted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frame.io allows me to share the screens of computers connected to the same network in such a way that everyone can have access to the information that I am sharing, this has been quite useful when solving technical problems, since as a personal from the IT area, I decided to install this program on all the computers in the office (with the prior authorization of my boss) and I taught everyone how to use it, now I don't need to go to other departments to solve problems, since I can be able to solve them from my office, I only tell people to share their screen with me and I can already have a better idea of ​​the problem and help you solve it immediately, it was a quite effective solution ... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

freelance writer
What do you like best?

One of the most challenging things about editing video is noting when and where you want to make an edit...and how to explain what the edit may entail. Frame.io makes this incredibly easy. You just type in the box and when you hit enter, the edit at the exact time within the video is posted for yourself and others to review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not exactly a dislike, as one thing I like is that I'll receive notifications whenever anyone posts on Frame or makes an edit...but sometimes this is a bit spotty, or the notification ends up in the spam filter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are doing exponentially more video every day, and having Frame.io makes editing so much easier, projects can be completed, reviewed and okayed in MUCH faster time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to comment/draw on videos at the exact moment you need to discuss is so crucial. Especially for our clients to easily participate in commenting without physically being in our office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could import comments to other sequences within premiere starting from a certain time stamp instead of 0. Right now we have to find the time stamp in the export sequence and then jump back to the sequence we actually want to edit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can import comments made on the frame.io website to premiere instead of needing to constantly type in the time which might not even bring you to the exact frame Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We work with doctors to produce medical education videos, so we have to get their feedback and approval. This software is the absolute best and easiest way to do that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can comment and even doodle directly in the timeline, all the notes are easily accessible and there is an integration for editing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing to dislike there, perhaps it would be nice if frame.io offered different prices/currencies based on region, other than that it's perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

bridging the gap between motion designers and art directors.

clear and easy feedback tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Producer
What do you like best?

Frame makes is really easy to communicate with my collaborators on our video edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site constantly logs me out, sometimes in the middle of reviewing a video. This is annoying but not a major hindrance to my work on the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great platform that I enjoy using. I don't really know of any other services that are similar to what Frame offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frame helps my team provide feedback on projects that are in progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I work as a video content producer in the midwest, and my Motion Graphics designing co-worker lives on the east coast. We LOVE frame.io to keep each other in the loop on what we're doing, leave comments for critiques or suggestions, upload new edited versions of the same video, and share our work with our other colleagues. It's a pretty simple, straightforward software that also helps us keep track of what stage we're at in the process. WONDERFUL when you're working with big files with people far, far away from you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We love everything about it! Not any complaints over here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for remote teams! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We didn't love the integration into Slack, because it gave us a notification anytime anything happened, but other than that we love using Frame.io! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Editor
Media Production
What do you like best?

The feature that allows reviewers to comment on the exact timecode of a video is very helpful for editors who are constantly dealing with mismatched timecode notes from clients or collaborators. It's by far the biggest reason why I use Frame.io and I'm looking forward to trying it out as an add-on to Premiere Pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that links break when you move videos into different folders. I also dislike that when I select and share multiple videos, they aren't displayed in a list format for the reviewer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're increasing efficiency and enabling better communication between the collaborators of a project by eliminating lengthy, confusing email chains. We've noticed a quicker turnaround due to removing that extra step and ensuring everyone is on the same page with feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Producer
What do you like best?

Love the quick conversions, the ability to comment and draw over the video with timecodes, Premiere integration, and finally the sharable ability for clients to view/comment.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is buggy and not the best layout. This is a start-up and will have these issues fixed hopefully.

I also don't like the space allotted and the amount of users you can add.

I understand this is a community as well but I've been invited to view projects by other production companies on accident in NYC that also use Frame. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's your best option. You'll save so much time when working remotely as an editor with your client or coworkers that aren't in the same room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to keep on the same page with revising. I've convinced Vox and now Wirecutter at NYT to start using Frame by using my personal account. It's the best out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital/Field Producer & Social Media Consultant/Manager - ME TIME WITH FRANGELA
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I love the integration with Premiere, the Timecoded notes, and the ability to add as many collaborators as you could possibly want. I like the look, feel, and ease of use of the app as well. The folders and teams systems all make a lot of sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slowness of the app, and some of the visuals. I'd prefer different visual options to sort that look more like standard folder systems. I also don't like how often a link can lead you straight to the main page and then you have to navigate to the video you were looking for. Often, the way to add collaborators is a bit confusing as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great choice-- you will just need to be careful to limit your file sizes and numbers of users. I highly recommend this product overall. They are also great with support and keeping you abreast of all of the new updates as they come-- which is a big deal in this day and age of crummy product support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frame.io makes giving video feedback quicker and easier to implement than any previous system. It also keeps an organization of various drafts of projects, and makes clear who wants what changes implemented. It makes the process much faster overall, and solves the problem of timecode changing as you edit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filmmaker
What do you like best?

I like the fact Frame.io works with a variety of codes, from standard h.264 and ProRes to more common acquisition codecs, such as a variety of XAVC codecs. Additionally, the timestamped comments are a great way of giving feedback on projects or footage by people who aren't in the same location as you. I have used Frame.io with teams across the globe, as well as local teams - it works great for both applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a smaller user of Frame.io, I find the pricing quite a steep hill to climb over. I wish Frame.io offered lower end or free solutions for smaller, occasional users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frame.io solves a lot of communication issues, where it would be a challenge to get on the same page in the project. Frame.io allows for frame-accurate timestamps which make communication so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Post Producer
What do you like best?

frame.io helps increase the speed of corrections with customers. The feedback is very important when you are creating films Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The trial time is just 7 days. It is too short to know a program and learn it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Frame.io is highly recommended to handle with high volumes of videos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

frame.io gave me a better workflow and took my films to a professional level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

The best thing they have is the integration with Adobe Premiere, which makes it easy to show the videos in progress to my teammates and clients without having to waste time exporting and uploading to other platforms. I can receive the feedback directly and keep working. Not to mention how easy it is to integrate with the folders on our mac to make the workflow even easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email notification system can be improved. - Sometimes the comments take a while to appear to other users, which can force you to move the conversation elsewhere if you're in a hurry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's really great to have the barrier between me and the client because they can leave notes right in the program at the exact timecodes needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that I can add the extension into Premiere and take the edits directly inside the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a way to import the timecoded edits directly into my Premiere timeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are sick of getting email after email of vague edits for your videos, Frame.io is for you. Another benefit is that you can export your video directly inside Premiere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It streamlines our video reviews. We have multiple people who have to review each video from different departments. It gets rid of double edits for the same issue, and everyone's edits are on one page, timecoded to the exact image, and you can even highlight and draw on the frame to make your edit more understandable to the editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I like the commenting on a time, and also the security options. Frame provides a lot of great options and user-friendliness for clients’ review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is relatively high for what it offers & sharing is not very seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video review- the interface is very user friendly so a wide array of clients can pick it up and make notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Operator
What do you like best?

I love the ability to send a link to a client and have them enter in their feedback whinch in third shows up on my timeline in Adobe Premiere Pro using their free plugin. The ability to have a free account for times when you are only working on a single project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be confusing on the account holders side. Trying to find a way to share a link with someone but being sure that they will be able to leave comments is frustrating. Every time I have shared a link, I’ve had to share a quick article of how to get started for my client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play with it and try implementing it. Try with a willing client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to leave comments on the video at the exact moment of time code. Allows for the elimination of emails with confusing descriptions of something visual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Media Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Frame.io was the perfect solution to our video reviews. Instead of having disassociated comments recorded in a Word document somewhere, we've got them right where we need them. Making necessary corrections has never been easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do wish that the two cheaper plans included more collaboration abilities such as adding team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial to see if Frame.io is right for your organization! If you find the answer is yes, then you can choose from a plethora of paid plans to suit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frame.io allows video reviewers to be highly specific with their comments and direction. In fact, we often need fewer reviews because things are corrected or adjusted the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Assignment Producer
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

I like that you can easily upload new versions of videos without replacing the originals. Also, the in-video comments makes determining where edits go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've had some glitch issues with Frame where an upload doesn't process correctly. Not sure what the issue is there, but would be helpful to solve that bug. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of how to share content created for work with the upper level managers that need to see it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
Media Production
What do you like best?

Frame.io is incredibly fast at uploading and encoding videos for review. Being able to select which members of your team content is relevant to is crucial for cutting down clutter. Annotations on video with illustrations are super helpful to convey a point or to identify an issue within the frame. Comment threads are helpful for organizing discussion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email and notification system is terrible. When reviewing content, users leave timestamped comments on videos to share their thoughts. This aspect is amazing. What is really unfortunate is that there is no good way to get a digestive email including all of those comments, rather you receive an email or notification for each comment or reply. Sure, you can set you preferences to receive notification every 15 or so minutes, but this is also not a suitable option for tight turnarounds. I wish reviewers could leave set of comments, click "submit" or something similar, and have the necessary parties notified that there are a handful of comments that need to be addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to think about your workflow and implementation of Frame.io. Decide if you can deal with hundreds of emails, or if you can wait for digestive emails regarding notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal content review of videos. The version control of Frame.io is amazing. Being able to watch versions side by side in real time within the app is a really important feature when you are auditioning shots or managing very small tweaks and adjustments to content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to leave comments on a video that are visible by all team members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the limit on the amount of videos you are able to upload at once Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep projects organized. Especially when you are restricted by an upload limit, you want all your related and most current uploads in one section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When everyone on the team can't be in the same location it is still very easy to communicate our ideas clearly with each other Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's easy for producer's to give notes and view the files our editors send out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The editors need to export as well as upload to Frame IO and then send out a link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you also implement a system where whoever is giving notes also saves the notes that were made and emails them out, so the editors know when all notes have been given and don't try to start them right away. I love the fact that producers can put the notes at the exact time codes where they need to be implemented. It is also helpful to keep older versions stacked below, so that you can see all the progress that was made and compare it to past versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A better workflow between editors and producers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

This is perfect for getting detailed feedback on a project. Timecode stamps on videos takes the guesswork out of comments. Being able to write on the picture is also incredibly useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey if you would like to use this on a freelance basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helps us get direct feedback without wait. There's no need to meet face to face in order to get ideas and feedback on edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Media Production
What do you like best?

Frame makes it easy to collaborate with team members on a video project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I share a review page with a client, I have to delete comments first to make sure the client doesn't see our notes. I wish there was an option to remove comments on a review page, but just for the client link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking feedback on a video project is super easy. I can jump right into the project page, and quickly update myself on what's currently happening with a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Videographer / Video Editor
Translation and Localization
What do you like best?

The ability to update files with different versions, and the commenting feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay to enable a collaborator to create new project folders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Critiquing and collaborating videos with teammembers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.